Speaker 1: Hi, and welcome to the Rise and Conquer Podcast. I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson. I am a lawyer and health coach, social media influencer, wife, and dog mum. On the Rise and Conquer Podcast, we dive deep into all things mindset, habits, career, health, relationships and more. This is a podcast for women who want to rise up to be the best version of themselves, who have big dreams in who are willing to put in the work to get there. I want to bring you the tools and actionable steps to feel confident in yourself, inspired to take bold action, and motivated to conquer your goals. Are you with me, girl friends, Let's rise and conquer. Hi, guys, and welcome to another episodisode of the Rise and Conquer Podcast. Today we are chatting to Kylie Camps. She is the owner of The Kind Parenting Company and host of the Kylie Camps Podcast. She is an infant and child sleep consultant, mother of twin boys, and happiness advocate. The Kind Parenting Company philosophy is all about protecting the emotional wellness of the whole family through evidence based methods and kind parenting techniques. Her podcast focuses on conversations for women, particularly mothers who have perhaps lost themselves in motherhood. She shares her highs and lows of mom life and promotes a healthy, realistic lifestyle while talking about parenting, relationships, and self development. Today we cover topics such as mom guilt, the big question of what to do with social media and young children, how to utilize and really manage your time so you're getting most from the day, and how to have an identity away from your children. As you guys know, I'm not a mother, but it's definitely something I'm thinking about in the next couple of years. So I really really enjoyed this conversation with Kylie, and I'm so excited for you guys to listen. Hi, Kylie, thank you so much for coming on the show.
Speaker 2: Hey Georgie, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Of course, I am so excited. Before we get into the good stuff, though, as this is the Rise and Conquer podcast, I have to ask, what is one thing you are rising up and conquering this week?
Speaker 2: I would have to say this week I am rising up and conquering my son's recovery from his tonsil ectomy and just juggling mum life with my other son. So it's definitely been a bit of a hairy forty eight hours. He had his tonsils out on we two days ago, so right now we're just trying to conquer him resting and getting better.
Speaker 1: That is so horrible, the poor thing. I grew up having tonsilitis all the time. So so it's probably good they're out now and he can recover and stop getting tonsol itis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fingers crossed. It's going to help improve his overall health. But yeah, just a bit of a yucky recovery period, but we'll get there.
Speaker 1: Well, good luck with rising conquering that. I hope he gets better soon. So I would love if you can introduce yourself. Can you give a quick intro into who you are and what the Kind Parenting Company is?
Speaker 2: Sure? So, I am an infant and child sleep consultant and Happiest baby educator. My husband and I we own the Kind Parenting Company, which is an online company, and we specialize in programs for baby and told the sleep and hold the behavior as well. We also hold events for women with a really strong focus on personal growth and development. I also have my own podcast, which is the Kylie Camps Podcast, and I also do a bit of work, I guess on social media as well.
Speaker 1: Amazing, you have a lot going on, and so how did you get into being a sleep consultant.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's definitely a lot happening. But I kind of fell into the world of sleep consultancy purely because we had our twin boys in twenty thirteen and we just had no idea about how to help them sleep in a kind way. At the time, it was all the rage to just let babies cry out and be a bit more strict, which it's not now, thankfully, but you know, nearly six years ago, it definitely was, and my husband Matt, and I just felt like our back was kind of up against the wall in terms of wanting to foster that emotional wellness, but we also needed to get some sleep. So we both became really obsessed with infant sleep and I decided that I would enroll to complete my certification, and at that time I didn't really intend upon using it professionally, but once I started to gain this feels and knowledge, I felt like I had an obligation to other parents to share this knowledge.
Speaker 1: Isn't it funny how you kind of just like fall into things. I love that and so obviously you're a mum of twins' wife, a speaker, sleep consultant. Like you said, you do stuff on social media. I have to ask, and obviously this is a very bored question, but like, how do you actually do it all? I'm like, find myself very stressed out and I have like one or two businesses and you have two little ones, Like how do you actually do it all?
Speaker 2: You know what, I always try and be really transparent when people ask me this question, because it does come through a bit. I'll get dms from other women saying how are you doing it all? And I know with social media it can seem like people are doing it all, But to be honest, I don't. I don't do it all. And I always say this, you know, I choose one or two areas and I try and do those areas really, really well, and then sometimes the rest of my life, like the other areas in my life, they just suffer or there's a sacrifice that you pay sometimes when you're really invested in doing super well in one area of life, if that makes sense. I'm always talking about the fact that everything in life comes back to pain verse pleasure. So for me, the pleasure of really prioritizing parenting and my family often does come at the pain of, you know, my social life taking a hit, or the pleasure of running a business and having that freedom to create this lifestyle for our family does have the pain point of you know, not being able to go to every single family function, not being able to do everything socially. It's just not really a case of doing everything for me. It's a case of doing the things that are most important.
Speaker 1: Thank you for being so transparent. It's like, I don't want to say unusual, but I love that you've kind of been like, yeah, well, sometimes other stuff does suffer, but that's what you get when you do put your focus on priorities. Do you have any tips for mums or dads who are got their own business or they're doing a certain project, Like, do you have any time management tips, because I'm sure you have to have some.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I thank my lucky stars that when we had our twin boys, it really forced me to become super super organized because when you have two newborns, it is all about military precision organization so that you can get out the door and just get on with your day. So having twins definitely made me super organized, and it's something that I guess I've continued to refine each and every year. I'm a big fan in trying to remember to look after future Kylie. So that often means each night going Okay, what do I need to do now? Like, what can I spend twenty minutes doing so that future Kylie tomorrow has a much more streamlined day. So it's simple things like unpacking the dishwasher, the knots out of the kids' school shoes so that I don't get frustrated the next morning, spending time doing that. It's just yeah, looking after future you and being that bit more organized. I also think having a morning routine is really important. And getting enough sleep.
Speaker 1: I actually love that. I haven't really heard that before. So looking after the future you. So does this also include, like, you know, making sure you get enough sleep so you like the next day is good and that sort of thing as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely. And another thing when it comes to time management tips, I guess something I've shared before over on our podcast is to really encourage people who are struggling with time management to do a bit of a time audit. So set aside a whole week where you're going to commit to writing down exactly how you're spending your time. And the key is you need to be really, really honest. So if you wake up at six am and you spend half an hour on social media, write that. If you spend three hours a night watching Netflix, write that down. And then at the end of the week you have the data. You have the info in front of you, so you can look at it and go, Okay, I spend thirty hours a week at work, or forty hours a week with my family, or I'm spending twelve hours a week watching TV. It just gives you an awareness of how you're actually spending your twenty four hours each and every day and your whole week, and then you can redistribute and steal and borrow from other areas of your life that you might feel need more attention.
Speaker 1: Amazing, and I totally remember that from your podcast. I listened to that episode, so thank you for sharing that. And so I want to chat to you about how your relationship has evolved after having children. So would you say that your relationship to diet and exercise has changed since falling pregnant?
Speaker 2: Absolutely before, well, I guess way before having kids. In my early twenties, I really struggled with a very severe eating disorder, and I know that it's such a long recovery, and I ended up falling pregnant six years kind of after recovery, but still I had kind of, I guess, hangover tendencies of my eating disorder. I still wasn't super well. I was still holding onto some behaviors that weren't very helpful for me, and I know that when I felt pregnant, those closest to me really did wonder how I would cope with all of the changes that come with falling pregnant. But for me, it was a really positive shift.
Speaker 1: How would you say that it was a positive shift, like in what ways? Is did you become more accepting of your body or you know, did you start eating healthier or how did that sort of change.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting because like immediately before I fell pregnant with the boys, I was on a following a diet which I had always consistently been doing in my early twenties. There was always some sort of method, some sort of approach that I was following, and I had gone really strict. I had cut out everything processed, I was eating only plant based and I was feeling really good, and part of me does wonder if the fact that I was eating so well helped us to fall pregnant. But as soon as I felt pregnant, it was just like a switch had flicked because no longer could I eat the things that I was telling myself I should eat. I had really intense cravings. I was so incredibly sick all day every day. It definitely wasn't just morning sickness. So for the first time in a long time, I was listening to what my body needed rather than giving my body what I thought it needed. If that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Do you try and incorporate a healthy lifestyle with your two boys now too?
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely. It's so important for all parents to remember that the moment you become a parent, you are a role model. Whether you like it or you realize it or not, the way that you live your life is showing your kids well, it's teaching them what their normal is. So it is really important to both my husband and I that we lead a healthy, in active life just so the kids can absorb that bi osmosis just by being around us.
Speaker 1: And do you have any tips or anything that you personally do on days where you are struggling and you know you might fall back into that you want a diet mentality.
Speaker 2: For me, I did a lot of work when I was going through my eating disorder, and one of the therapies, well, if I'm honest, probably the only therapy I felt like really helped me was cognitive behavioral therapy or CBT, and CBT is really really powerful because it teaches you to understand that you're more than your thoughts. You can have your thoughts, but you can act in a way that aligns with your true values. So that training I guess that I had in my early twenties has really continued to serve me. So now I'm thirty two, my boys will be six at the end of the year, and I can honestly say I don't have struggles with my body image at all in the way that I used to. Sure, I have some days where I'm like, oh, I don't feel amazing today, but those days are usually a week before my period, and I track that so then I know, Okay, no wonder you're feeling a little sluggish and you're a little bloated and a bit puffy, it's because you're due for your periods. So on the days that I struggle, I guess I lean on that CBT training and remind myself that even though I have those thoughts that I'm not feeling great, I still take actions that can make me feel good. And I just have that knowledge in understanding that I'm a woman. My body is going to fluctuate. You know, I'm going to have those days where I feel a bit crappy, but they will pass.
Speaker 1: I absolutely love that, and I am so similar. It was so funny, Like just the other day, I was just mentally like not in the greatest place. I was all bloated. I was just feeling like crap, and I was like being really harsh on myself as well. And then I looked at like my period tracking app and I was like on day forty one of my cycle and I hadn't got my monthly and don't worry, I'm not pregnant. It's not me announcing it. But it just made me realize I was like, oh wow, like I've got heaps of hormones. I'm obviously very stressed because my period is late. Like you need to give yourself a break. So I love what you just said then about being like using the CBT and about being aware.
Speaker 2: In my early twenties, I never tracked my period, so I would just think, oh, like, I'm just a really grumpy person, but not realizing that I'm only grumpy that week before my period. And now that I've realized that, it's so powerful, and especially as a mum, because if I didn't have that awareness that it was my hormones going out of control, then I would probably think, oh, my gosh, my kids are just wild this week. They're being so naughty or they're being so out of control, and really they're being exactly the same. It's just the way that I'm responding. So that knowledge of tracking period is so powerful.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yes, I was the exact same. Like I was like really angry and moody at Tim and just like hated him, and then like I realized and I was like, sorry, Tim, Oh that's love being a woman. Okay, So let's chat more about managing and prioritizing your social media career along with motherhood. I like I said, I couldn't even imagine how you do that. I know you do have a unique way of creating balance and space between the two. Do you want to share that little hack with our listeners.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Absolutely so. I do try to be really conscious and aware of my social media use, not just for my own wellness, but again because I feel like, as a parent, you're showing your kids what is normal. So for me, on a Friday, every Friday, I delete my social media apps from my phone and then I don't download those again until Monday morning. And that just means that over the weekend, I'm not tempted to scroll on social media or check in to see what other people are doing. You know, it forces me to look up and be present in my own life. I remember I had a moment of thinking, oh my gosh, you know, in a year and a half, this was when I first started doing it, my two boys are going to be at school, and they're going to grow up in a digital world. And what's going to happen one day when they have social media accounts and they come to me and say, oh, Mom, I'm being bullied online or whatever it is. And as a mom, I will turn around and say to them, you know, don't worry about that. You're great, blah blah blah, all that stuff. But if I forever have my phone in my hair and my head looking down at my phone, that I'm probably sending them a message that the phone is really really important and that living in the digital world is the most important thing. And I just don't ever want them to think that way. So removing social media from my weekends it just means I'm super present with them, honestly.
Speaker 1: Like, I remember when I first watched your story about doing this, and I like, well, the first thing I thought was like, I have that automatic log on and I was like, oh, I wouldn't even know what my password is to like get back into my account, which is a bit dangerous. But then I just thought the amount of self control you must have is just like, you're so committed, and you're obviously so committed to your boys, and I just absolutely love that. Do you have any other tips and tricks around creating that space and balance between motherhood and social media.
Speaker 2: I do. I think it's important, but parents just be mindful of how they use social media in front of their kids. Social media is an amazing tool, but for me, it's a bit like junk food. You know, it's there, it serves its purpose, but you don't need to be consuming at twenty four seven, and I think just understanding that if your kids see you forever talking into Instagram stories, having a one sided conversation, they're not learning the art of conversation as they would if you were having that, you know, exchange in real life with a friend, and there's a risk of them thinking they have to share everything. Like I love Instagram Stories and I've used Snapchat in the past, and I think they're amazing tools for connection. But I don't want my boys to think that they need to have a mobile phone in the hand and say, oh, today we're going to the park and today I'm having this and today I'm having that. It's just really being clear what your values are, and my values are that I want the boys to have a strong sense of self and understanding and connection with themselves before they enter a world of social media, and that starts with me modeling that for them. So I just try and be mindful with my usage around them. And you know, every parent has a right to work that out for themselves, and each child is different. One of my boys loves being filmed. He is just so extra and he loves it. And then my other little boy doesn't like it. At all. So I have that balance as well as a sort of straddle that one's cool with being filmed, one doesn't like it. And it's funny, you know. I've had people over the years say, oh, you're favoring one of your children because you show him more, and I'm like, no, no, no, no, no, that's not the case at all. I'm just respecting their boundaries. So just being mindful is my biggest hit. And I think it's just an ongoing conversation. You know, you assess it now if you have a baby, and then you assess it again when they're a toddler, and then again when they're at school. It's a continual conversation.
Speaker 1: I also wanted to chat to you about mum guilt, so I I'm not a mum. Me and Tim have you chatted about having children, but we don't think it's going to be anytime soon. But I do see this word mum guilt thrown around a lot. Do you ever get mum guilt and how do you deal with that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, mum guilt is definitely a term that you hear a lot. I have to be honest, I don't struggle with a lot of mum guilt. But I am in a unique situation where I have been able to work from home and work around the kids, but I have definitely had my moments of mum guilt and it's a topic that I love to explore, and when I do explore it, I think it's important that mums take a pause and really identify what the fear is behind the guilt and then take some action surrounding those fears. So what I mean by that is, say you're having mum guilt because you're returning to work, So what is the actual fear? Is the fear that at your sun or daughter is not going to be well cared for? Is it the fear that your son daughter is going to miss you or that you're going to miss them or your You know, there's endless, endless fears, especially once you when once you become a parent, Like the fear list is so freakin' long. But working out what is the fear, what's the problem, and what can you do? So say that fear is will they be well cared for? Okay, so take an action and the action might be visiting all of the daycare centers in your area and having a big checklist on what you want to ask for, because at least then you're taking a positive action towards that fear, which is going to help negate that overriding mum guilt. I think another thing with mum guilt is to talk to other mums. Open your mouth and say, hey, I'm feeling this way, and another woman will open up and tell you her story about it. Because we all have such unique different pain points, so having the conversation and realizing that we're all in it together is helpful.
Speaker 1: I've heard you speak about the idea of self sacrifice and like needing to balance that with adequate self care and how important it is not to tie up your happiness solely in your children. Why do you believe in this And do you have any advice for someone who feels like they don't have an identity way from away from their children.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, I'm really really passionate on speaking about the topic of self care for mums because a lot of us grew up in households where our moms just did everything, and they did everything at the cost of their wellness and their health and their happiness, you know, putting everyone needs before their own, and it is a beautiful thing. But when that happens, there's also a risk of burnout and resentment. And so for those of us who did grow up in households like that, where our moms did not prioritize self care, it can be a really foreign concept to actually do that now as an adult. It's almost like we need someone to give us permission and say, you know what, you matter too. But the fact is, if you're not caring for yourself, it will come out in other ways. And those other ways could be being less patient, being less happy, you know, having a resentment, not being able to connect with your partner, all of these things that you really can improve if you simply add a little bit of self care into your daily routine. And they don't have to be big things. It can be little. It can be popping a face mask on once the kids are down at night, or getting up before the kids wake up and listening to your favorite podcast, or reading a chapter of a book. But little acts of self care go a long way, because, as that saying goes, you can't pull from an empty cup, and when you have more in your cup, you can give more to those around you. I'm a big fan of as much self preservation as you can have in your life to combat that self sacrifice that goes along with being a parent. And for those who feel that they may have lost their identity since becoming a mum, you are not alone so many mums. In fact, I would argue that pretty much every mum has a moment where they realize that they're not who they used to be and they're adjusting to this new life, this big responsibility of being a parent. And you know, for myself, I can remember having the boys and they were only twelve weeks old and just thinking, oh, my gosh, I don't know whether I'm trying to get back to old Kylie or trying to invent this new version of me or somewhere in the middle, and it's really really overwhelmed me. But adding in those little acts of self care really do go a long way from making you feel connected to who you are separate from being a parent. It's important that as parents we don't tie all of our happiness up in our kids, because that's far too much pressure on our kids. They can't be the keeper of our happiness and our joy because they're going to fail their humans. So just understanding that it's up to you to look after your own happiness.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love that. It's also like I kind of resonated with that even they don't have children, but even with your partner, Like sometimes I realize I put a lot of emphasis on Tim and Tim making me happy, which I almost have to like shift out of and like realize that it's not his job to make me happy. I need to make sure I'm like you know, feeling fulfilled myself and I'm happy with myself first too. So it is really hard because you almost do get dependent on the people you spend most time with.
Speaker 2: It is it's so hard, and it's so amazed that you have that awareness, because that was a big unlock for Matt night. Like I remember just thinking, oh, you know, I'm frustrated that Matt's not giving me x y Z and saates variety or whatever it is, and then having this light bulb moment and going, oh, if I'm looking to Matt to bring more variety into my life, that's actually my responsibility. So I need to go out and bring that into my life first. You can't rely on your significant other to be the keeper of everything that makes you happy.
Speaker 1: Yes, And it's so funny that we're talking about this because literally last night, like me and Tim usually spend Friday night together, and as we're recording this, it's Friday, and he said that he's like going to see a friend, and I was like, I was like, I know, in my head, I like already thought that we were hanging out as per usual, and I've had quite a stressful week, so I really kind of was waiting on that, and so he said it, and I instantly was like almost like heartbroke and like I felt neglected, and then I had to take a step back and being like I can have the best Friday night, Like I can go watch my favorite show, can get some vegan food because he doesn't like vegan, and like I really had to, yeah, like take that step back and be like no, just because we usually do something and you know that usually makes me happy, I don't necessarily have to always do that, And especially with him, I.
Speaker 2: Think it's so incredible that you guys have that dynamic in your relationship pre kids, Like the fact that you're aware of that sort of stuff now before having children, Like it's going to really set you guys up to be so much more successful when you do move from a couple to a family, because you know, there's so many issues that pop up. So I think that's wonderful.
Speaker 1: Thank you. And so why we are talking about sort of that shift from coming from a couple two children. I'm not gonna lie, it's something that scares me because even now I struggle too far and time for tim because my schedule is so hectic, and so I definitely have a fear around what is things going to be like when we do have children, like even you know, one more thing of what we have. Do you go through something similar when you kind of had to adjust from being a couple to parents, Like did the family dynamic shift? Like how did you deal with that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's huge. I'm not gonna lie, it is a big shift. And look, to be honest, I don't want to scare you more, but for us it was it was really big because we went from a couple to a family of four, you know, so that was a big jump. There is nothing quite like the baptism of fire of having two newborns to really sort of flip everything on its head. But there are changes that happen when you move to a family because exactly like you said, you have to share yourself in a completely different way. And parenting is so consuming. It really, it's so hard to explain the love that you have for your baby or your babies and the way it consumes you. And there is there's a shift, and I think that just being aware, Okay, there is going to be a change, and there's going to be some lifestyle changes that happen. So having the awareness communicating like talking to your partner and checking in regularly and just you know, seeing how each other's going, like, babe, how are you coping? Asking that question, you know, and it goes both ways, and being in the trenches together, having a partner that's really supportive and is there wanting to be amongst the nappies and the feeding and all of that stuff and getting up overnight with you, it can make it a really uniting experience rather than a dividing experience.
Speaker 1: And so do you guys, do anything in particular to make sure you are still like beating into the cup or relationship like do you have a permanent date night or does someone come look after the kids? Like how do you deal with that?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I'm probably the worst to answer this question. Because we did not have a date night for three years, and I am not recommending that that was just our situation with a lack of support and a lack of help. So if you have help, accept it, like take it with both halds and be grateful for it. And if you can have that weekly or monthly or however often feels right for you date night, definitely take it. But if you don't have the help and support, don't give up. It's not the end of the world. It doesn't mean you need to write off your relationship at all. You just need to be I guess a little more proactive because you don't have that extra set of hands. So definitely establishing a routine for your little ones is important. Having a bedtime is so important, not just for them, but for you because you have an end to your day. So it was so comforting for Matt Night to know, Okay, come six thirty pm, the boys are both going to be asleep and we can sit down and have a meal, have a conversation and really connect properly. That's really really helpful. Also, just being aware of how you speak to one another. I'm a big fan of being aware of how you spend the first thirty seconds when you see each other for the day, so really going to one another, greeting each other, asking how your day was. That sort of stuff is important because it is really tempting when one parent is at home with a baby all day to just sort of unload on the other parent when he or she gets home from work and you know, hand them the baby and verily spew everything that's happened throughout the day. But if you just take you know, twenty thirty seconds to greet each other, it can really set the tone.
Speaker 1: And it's probably like also having that mutual sort of respect and being aware that yeah, they may have been away, but they might not have had the best day either.
Speaker 2: Oh completely. So many people fall into the habit and Matt and I certainly did this in the early days of almost competing with one another about who had the hardest day, and when that starts, resentment builds, and then resentment is like the number one killer of putting out that fire and connection that you have for your partner. So do not enter a competition of who had it harder. I always say, it's just best to assume that the other person had a harder You know, if you both go into it assuming that you had the hardest day, you're both going to be really generous and kind.
Speaker 1: And so I want to switch gears and finish off the conversation chatting to you about being a sleep consultant. So why do you place such a heavy importance on sleep, especially in children.
Speaker 2: Look, sleep is just one of those things that is so underrated. And you know, Matt and I certainly hadn't given it a lot of thought until it was taken away from us. So sleep is absolutely one of the pillars of health. You know, we need to sleep. It's like we need water to drink and food to eat. Quality sleep it's imperative. If your sleep is compromised, you're going to suffer. And you know, when I first became a sleep consultant, I spent a lot of time doing in home consultations, So going and meeting face to face in home with families who are struggling, and I can tell you, Dodgy, like nine out of ten times, the mum would burst into tears and say I've just been diagnosed with postnatal depression. And then we would sit and we would go through all of her symptoms. And when I was able to show her that a lot of her symptoms could also be sleep deprivation. It was such a big comfort because, yes, post natal depression is absolutely real and it needs to be diagnosed and taken seriously, but sleep deprivation is real too, and just understanding if you have had weeks, months, days, even years for some families of really broken sleep, you're not going to function well.
Speaker 1: I am like the biggest advocate for sleep because I'm that person that if I don't get my seven to eight hours sleep personally, I just notice how different the day is. Like, first of all, I notice my mood. I'm someone who just can't function on low sleep. I notice I'm like, I'm way more hungry than usual, I'm way more distracted. I notice my anxiety can be triggered so much easier. So I could not agree more And I love that you do that. So when you do work with someone, how does that look?
Speaker 2: So when I first started, it was an in home, in person service, and I did that for about a year and a half, but it got to the point where I was booked out months and months in advance, and it was starting to stress me out because I would have these families call me and say I've heard about you. I really want to get in you know, I'm desperate, and to say to a parent who needs helpum, I'm really sorry, I can't actually help you. For another six to eight weeks felt awful. So I was taking on way too many clients. It was affecting my wellness, and it kind of got to the point where I realized, Okay, this isn't working. I am working way too much right now, and I'm not working to the best of my ability because I'm overloaded, and I feel this guilt of not being able to help families. So what are my options? And then we realized we could create an online program, and that was such a journey. It took her over a year to create the first version and then we've updated it since. But you know, the online programs, I've really wanted to make sure they would be as good, if not as good better than are in home consultations. So they all have video tutorials. They have unlimited access to audio files, so for families who don't have time to read, they can just listen like it's a podcast. We have forums for support that have you know, a manager five days a week. So now it looks a little bit different to how it did five years ago, but I'm so proud of the Kind Parenting Company. It's a really great resource, amazing.
Speaker 1: To finish off the podcast, I'm going to go in with a really light question. I'm personally someone who has to have a morning routine, and I'm like in love with mine. It did take me a while to get there, so I really want to ask you, what is your morning routine, like, what does it look like?
Speaker 2: I am totally there with you with the morning routine. It is so powerful and important. When the boys were twelve weeks old, I started doing this thing that I would call my hour of power, so I would wake up before the book, get a bit of exercise in, have breakfast, do a bit of social media stuff, and that hour of power has continued on with me, except now nearly six years into parenthood, it's a lot more than an hour because I have a lot more things I need to do. So currently my routine looks like getting up at four am on the days that Matt has a day shift, and getting up at four point thirty or four forty five on other days, and I take some time to do some mindfulness breathing, and then I head downstairs. I make a coffee, I put my Apple earbuds in, and I tune into a podcast, often a Rise and Conquer podcast, I must say. And then I get ready for the day. I you know, I take some time to get dressed. I like putting on makeup, I like doing my hair, and then I get stuck into some work stuff, check emails, check social media, pack the kids lunches. I do as much as I can before the boys wake up, because now they're at school, I miss them throughout the day, so I want to spend that two hours of a morning before they head off being able to do the mum things like go for a walk and plain Monopoly and all that stuff. So I just cram as much into it as I can.
Speaker 1: I love that you do get up that early. When I often tell people how ELA get up, I like, I get looks like I'm crazy, So I.
Speaker 2: Love that you're also.
Speaker 1: So I want to thank you so much for coming and sharing so much knowledge. I like I said, I obviously don't have children, but I find this stuff so interesting and you just have so much good stuff, So thank you so much. Can you let the audience know where they can find you.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me. It's been really fun. The best place to probably find me is over on Instagram, and that's just at Kylie.
Speaker 1: Camps perfect Paul. Thank you so much. Kylie, have an amazing afternoon.
Speaker 2: Thanks Georgie.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much for listening into this week's episode. If you love to Rise and Conquer and you're craving more community, I have got your girl friend. I was feeling the exact same, so I'm very excited to announce that we have made a close Rise and Conquer Facebook community group. To join our girl gang, head to Facebook and search Rise and Conquer podcast community, or head to the show notes for the link. I decided to create this community for like minded women who is searching for a safe and positive space for us to share our stories, to ask for advice, and interact together. Lastly, if you know someone who would benefit from this episode, please make sure you share it with them or even take a screenshot and share it on your Instagram stories. I really really appreciate all the support, and this is a total independent podcast, so any sort of sharing involved I really really appreciate. Also, if you want to go beyond this episode, check out our official instat program at Riseandconquer dot podcast, or my personal Instagram at Georgie Stevenson. I hope you have an amazing day or night whenever you're listening by for now and talk to you soon