Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Who's calling Christian?
Speaker 3: Now? I was stranger this morning? Then no time team is start the show show number four with Who's Calling Christian. We'll ask you to try and find celebrities where they are in the world and get them to give us a call. Yesterday we had David Hasselhoff and also.
Speaker 4: Egg Boy egg Boy. Today we're expecting Chris Hemsworth.
Speaker 3: At some time and maybe Jim Newman from the Finnish People. Okay, so I know which one I'm more excited about, all right, But on the line now we have celebrity number eighteen. Good morning, Who's calling Christian? Who's this?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 6: Christian is beg Grills.
Speaker 5: Heyday, Beth.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for calling the show. Where in the world? Oh no, you sound like you're down a ravine somewhere in Norway.
Speaker 5: I am on the top of the mountain in North Wales. It is blowing a.
Speaker 6: Fifty mile hour wind.
Speaker 7: In a moment, the sun.
Speaker 6: Is just setting.
Speaker 5: It's nine pm and it's beautiful.
Speaker 6: Well I wish you could see this, but sorry if it's a.
Speaker 3: Bit noisy and windy, and of course that's where you would be right now, Bear Grills. I don't even know if you're working filming or this is just downtime for you. You're on top of a mountain in Wales. Where else would Bear Grills be.
Speaker 5: It's my favorite place, and that this is downtime. Actually, we've just finished filming for the last season and running wild on the way now with the family.
Speaker 7: We're owing a great little little hideaway.
Speaker 5: Up here, and it's heaven.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So boys are just chilling, they're about to have a bath and go to bed upsive out. The only place I get receptionist on the top of this hill. And so I'm standing there calling you and letting the world's a great place. So here we go.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's sounds magical. Now the only wife and kids. Sometimes surely you've got a couple of quids. Now kind of go and stay like a six star hotel.
Speaker 5: You know, I love it here. So I mean it's off grid. We power the house wind and sola and everyone has the mucket.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: The rest of the year one you know, we get looked after pretty well.
Speaker 7: But this place you've got to work hard for everything.
Speaker 5: You've got to carry the supplies out the hill.
Speaker 6: You've got to get the hoover own.
Speaker 5: You got to you know, you got to do the this is not clear. There's a great grounding time.
Speaker 8: Got three three boys teenagers now, so actually as.
Speaker 7: A family, we love this simple time. Yeah, it's wonderful.
Speaker 3: I bet that's a brilliant family, tom of what are the teenage boys like? Because I've got teenage daughters there. And when you go in the morning and say, hey, listen, you've got to come get up now you've got to help the old man catch the rabbit to eat your breakfast, and they're like, god, dog, get out.
Speaker 5: That's pretty fun.
Speaker 6: You know. The eldest are sixteen.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: We had a massive argument yesterday about face jumping, and I made the error of encouraging him to follow his dreams. I talked madas gun dive at sixteen. We've had an epic time the last few weeks jumping out of planes and helicopters. But now he wants a base jump. My wife, Sharha has gone that we hadn't mass arguing about it. I backed my wife and I said, no, you've got to listen to her, and then she she then she came and found us both fout as both far asleep on the sofa taking a nap. She goes, well, that's what's so genius. You're both so exhausted from arguing if you're not going to have a nap, you know, And yeah, that's just family life.
Speaker 3: It sounds ardentic. I think it sounds amazing. Bre We listen, who's asked you to give us a call?
Speaker 7: The task to trust that I work a lot with which are an incredible conservation charity and charity that worked mist Africa looking after trying to protect them reallyant dangered animals and help their community thrive. And uh and they are, they're they're amazing.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I do anything I can whenever I can support them and protect all these you know, beautiful animals that our kids and our grandkids can really understand about the natural world and how we're also linked and how it's so linked with community as well.
Speaker 9: So yeah, good on you.
Speaker 3: It sounds an amazing charity. And beer please tell me. I seem to remember a couple of years ago I was interviewing you, and it was after the interview, I think you're on your way out, you start to tell me about your wife, and how are you proposed to her? Now I'm in Australia. Please can you share the story if I remember it rightly? How did you propose to your wife?
Speaker 5: I proposed, Well, it was unplanned. We were in Spain, it was it was a Monday morning and uh, and we went for a swim in the sea and it was a deserted kind of cove and we were skinny dipping and I knelt down and she was getting out of the sea and I was just about to ask the question and a huge, massive, you know wave came in took me off. My speech, all of us ended out sort of you know, in the sands, all that stuff. But then I've proposed and she said yes, and that was the start of the adventure. So yeah, so unplanned skinny dipping in the sea, and then we went off to try and find a jewelers to try and find.
Speaker 9: A ring and that we really can't afford at that stage.
Speaker 5: And we'll hey le nineteen nineteen years later and the best thing I ever did, I married somebody kind with a great heart.
Speaker 3: So yeah, awesome. Now, the way this works as we go from and chat two celebrity to celebrity yesterday I had David Househoff online from la and we also had someone on called egg Boy. Do you remember when egg Boy became a big news story. There was a boy here it was like fifteen bear and he egged upoll Tian, an Australian politician with an egg over his head. That's it became egg Boy.
Speaker 9: Okay, you may.
Speaker 3: Have been under sea, upper mountain. Who knows where you could have been. Now he left. He was the last celebrity he spoke to at the end of the show yesterday, and he has a question for you because you're the next person speaking to you haven't listened to this. See if you can hear this bear?
Speaker 5: What's the best postume work protein meal?
Speaker 3: I don't know if you've got that at the top of a hill in Wales, but that was egg Boy wants to know what's the most the best post workout protein meal.
Speaker 9: I'll tell you all.
Speaker 5: We have some epic workouts out there.
Speaker 7: So where we actually live is on a little.
Speaker 5: Island and the houses at the top of this other hill on it and we have great workouts running up and down the hill.
Speaker 6: We've got to pull up bar on this cave over the sea, so.
Speaker 5: I'll still work out today and post workouts. Our team have just developed these protein bars made out of bugs and grubs and maggots and meal worm. So I've got a whole stack of prototype and these protein bars. I think we might be a little bit ahead of our time with these, with these things, because everyone says, no way, I'm eating those. It is going to be the future for the planet to try and have.
Speaker 6: Good sustainable sort of protein.
Speaker 5: But we might be twenty years to you earlier. I'm eating them like crazy.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm fascinating. You've got a pull up bar that overlooks the sea.
Speaker 5: Well it's over the sea if it's above a cave, and.
Speaker 6: It's a thirty foot drop into the sea.
Speaker 5: If you if you give up. So the lesson is for the family, never give up. You know you gotta you gotta hold onto the bar.
Speaker 3: This is incredible.
Speaker 6: I'll send you some pictures off air afters you'd.
Speaker 3: Love the love It sounds me. It sounds like the sort of thing that Bruce Wayne had in the dark night. You know it is lere to try and get stronger, to rebuild himself. Now, bet we need a question from you from the next celebrity whoever that is.
Speaker 5: Question Okay ready, yeah, question for me? What have what have you done today to make someone really smile?
Speaker 3: That's lovely, what a great question. And bear, what do you think you've done during the day today, Because it's like it's any evening over there in England in Wales? What have you done today to make someone smile?
Speaker 5: I don't know haough as the answered about you asked me. If you're asking me, I'm saying, oh, lots of nice things. The boys ask for family. They'll be going probably not, but you know we we are.
Speaker 6: It's what have I done today?
Speaker 10: Maybe?
Speaker 7: Smile?
Speaker 6: Boys?
Speaker 5: What have I done to make you smile? They're coming up the hill right now? Hold on, yeah, yeah that's true. Yeah I did that. Yeah, I promise them we can watch watch we have We only have a DVD player back in the houses. We don't get normal telling and we only have four DVDs. One is Police Academy one, the other Police Academy two.
Speaker 8: The third is to pack your parachute like a Pro four.
Speaker 5: And they so please none of those again. And the fourth is About Time WI a great film, so we're going to watch that.
Speaker 7: And that will that.
Speaker 5: Always makes people smile.
Speaker 3: It's always lovely chatting to You're an interesting man in your free spirit, and you've got such a great message to share with the world as well, but enjoying nature and ourselves as well. Good on you, Bear, Thank you very much for giving us a call, and enjoy your evening up the mountain with the boys.
Speaker 9: No worries.
Speaker 5: We love you guys.
Speaker 9: Keep up the great work all right.
Speaker 3: Thanks barebye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So Bear Grills, they're live from the top of a mountain as only Bear Grills could be. And does he take us up to I'm lost count now he's our eighteenth, he's number eighteen. Didn't that just sound amazing. He's set up there with his kids, just like something out of a movie or documentary where they strip away all the modern trappings and distractions and a family have to come together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's hard to imagine him ever indoors. It would have been weird if we just called him and he's like, I'm just said at home watching TV.
Speaker 3: I'm in a sports bar right now. Would have played the chips and I've just polished off a chilikon Carney and I'm on my fifth pint. He would be on the top of a mountain and you get that that it was it when his sun was fifteen that he taught him how to parachute and jump out helicopters. Is in't he? I felt like I was boring dad in the world. What have I taught my daughters in the last couple of years other than never drinking a bar with a flat roof? Other than that, I don't know what I've shared about my life experiences and lessons.
Speaker 1: The first time O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So often be will say to me, what is that? Actually like to work with Jack? And even yesterday Matt came back, who's the guy from Jim's antenna's? Uh?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: That poor guy? He was up on my roof. Yes to have four hours?
Speaker 4: What's wrong with that antenna?
Speaker 3: There's nothing wrong with it. What I want to do is I want a bit of watch. We've got foxtail, okay, but I also want to have a foxtail in another room.
Speaker 4: I want to watch my London channels that I used to watch, make it watch the England.
Speaker 3: TV Private London. I have a private fee to bucking In Palace. I'd like to watch the Queen have breakfast from afar. I want to watch a bitter watch foxtail in another room because often I get kicked out of where the foxtail TV is and I want to watch the game, and the kids go, they have friends around, and suddenly I can't. So oh, I just thought it would be getting a lead off. An aerial symbol can.
Speaker 4: Come through the aerial, so that's it. I don't know why you got Jim's ans out.
Speaker 3: There, because you still need to be to split the signal to get it in another room with another foxtail box.
Speaker 11: You need a whole new box and you have to pay for a second box.
Speaker 3: Nott that, But how's to pictures and the people moving getting to the box? Mats up on the roof. He's found rats in the cruel space. I've got to call a rat catcher today. And there's perhaps you don't fancy come around doing that, aunt of the show deer.
Speaker 12: I've got my own rights. Thanks.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, what about bring that big old beast of a dog. Shove them up in the CROs you can.
Speaker 12: Eat the rats up there if he's scared of it.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Matt, Yes, there was going what's it like actually to work with Jack? And I say, do you know what he's a It's he's up the wind. You know, he breathes in, he breezes out. He is like the wind. And then this is no better example of what it's like to actually work with Jack.
Speaker 4: Well, we remember last year, the first week we started, they gave us a sheet of paper that said the Wi Fi password on it and what our new email and login was. I yesterday logged in for the first time to my radio station email, so as.
Speaker 3: You know, it's it's twenty nineteen. We started a show the fourth of June twenty eighteen. It's August fifteenth today, yesterday he logs in for the first time, just to have a little looks at what's going on here at the station. On the show. We've done two one hundred and forty eight shows, almost one thousand show hours, and now he wants to be part of the team. It makes welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: A lot of the time I'm out of the loop on what's going on.
Speaker 3: We're aware stuff gets talked about, and I see the old thousand yard stair going on. People have been hired fired, people have been born into this world and announced on that. Do you know they tried to get holding to fire you three times. I keep saying, why is he still here? We sent him another email, this one in block caps.
Speaker 4: Guess how many emails are in my new unread emails in my inbox.
Speaker 3: Because it's the same if you work in a decent sized office or a kind of building. The amount of junk that goes on there, and hey everyone Friday, so and so's coming at midday Friday, drinks round my desk. Poppy's bringing his baby tomorrow, two days Poppies here, The amount de les I'm going swimming anymore in the former swimming club. The amount of junk emails that gets sent round always about one of three people. It's always one of three people, isn't it. I'm just doing heads up. We've got tickets to go to musical Patsy's got a salon of extra tickets to Charlie and the chocolate factory, but it's only at midnight to go to this one.
Speaker 4: So that is what I'm trying to appoint. All that money, No, no, not yours in particular, paths just all that class.
Speaker 12: How many thousands were in there?
Speaker 3: Check?
Speaker 4: Have a guess.
Speaker 12: I reckon about five thousand.
Speaker 3: Oh see, I reckon. I'm going to go seven thousand, six hundred and thirty two. I just to remember how many I've had to delete, which is mainly most of them.
Speaker 4: It's about smack bang in the middle six thousand and three hundred.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 4: What Yeah?
Speaker 3: So what did you do one of them? You can't.
Speaker 4: I can't sift through that. I can't sift through that.
Speaker 3: Where do I start?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 3: You don't because you're fine. You know what you need to know right now. In fact, that's actually quite zen. It's about you. You've got a zen inbox to leat them all.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: First one no joke was from Huggy and I was like, I can't.
Speaker 3: Now you need to log back out. That's all there is we You know what I say. There's always someone who's very happy to get on the work email. Huggy's back from ten this morning.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Lad, there's some emails so late to the party. This is where you could email the show. But anything we've talked about on the show. No topic is ever left dead, we say on the show, and it's true like this on Ben in Hastings, Christian, my son and I have had listeners every morning on the school and work run. Two weeks ago, Pat's had an issue where and she was being cruel to her husband as he'd heard his eye and she was.
Speaker 4: You know, we've had a lot of how is his dire by the way that you don't care.
Speaker 12: No, it's still not one hundred percent. He's still having to use the drops.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, whay. You laughed at him that day that he got poked in the eye and for many days afterwards. But it's upset a lot of our mail listeners and the brotherhood if the wherever we love God is hurting and the Brotherhood is hurting, and Pats wasn't being very, very sympathetic to him. I had a similar situation where I tripped up at work and at my elbow brackets. Very funny story in itself. In a bracket. It was bloody painful, and I got home and the wife wanted me to mow the lawn, which I did begrudgingly. Good word, long story short, got zero sleep that night in so much pain after the trip at work and I couldn't move my arm in the morning. My wife started moaning again, saying I was exaggerating it. But I limped into the doctors. He insisted on X ray. Immediately found out that I shatted my elbow in three places. What fog. I started to mow the lawn, came home with my arm in a cast. Needless to say, my wife was shocked. I never got an apology, though, so to Pat's husband, I feel his pain. Thank you, Team PS. I have a make you say well story that involves a four day train trip, first meeting with her mother in law, skid marks, and the sea bomb. You need that story you had me at skid Marks, sir. Thank you. What a PS email of radio teach Ben. We have to get that story. Thank you very much. Ben. Let's go now to Michelle. God Christian, I think I live in the cut street name.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 3: There's a part two apple Berry Avenue that's very It makes you feel like you want a warm apple pie. Would anyone like can you even get can you do? Can you get like warm apple pies? Eats?
Speaker 4: Probably?
Speaker 12: Yeah, They're not not as.
Speaker 4: Good though the proper homemade's home uberter go to someone's home and pick up a homemade apple pie.
Speaker 3: But I actually think we should have like a Honnor on the go who can cook us up stuff every single morning, fresh out the oven.
Speaker 4: Would you trust the cafe down here to us?
Speaker 3: The silence speaks volumes Appleberry Avenue. Thank you very much, Michelle, Christian Jack and Pats. I don't have a cute street name, but I want to tell you about place in Tasmania. Is this cute Christian Egg and Bacon Bay.
Speaker 12: It's funny, not.
Speaker 3: Cute, but I love it. It's cool Egg and Bacon Bay. You can smell that the bacon sizzling, can't you in a fried egg? Egg and Bacon Bay's even got its own postcode seven double one two. It's in Tasmania. Christian Iron, did you ever used to read the post code book when you were younger or bored at work? Ah, you're only own there?
Speaker 4: Heard of that?
Speaker 3: I certainly that. Heidi. No, yesterday I was saying how I always have a little nose than a bottom of all the listener emails to see where they work and what position. I love there. Heidi is Heidi Frolic and she is from h Frolic Bookkeeping and Fluent Books Family Business. Yeah. By the way, just you know Michelle Gobbler, health and Safety Wellbeing Systems manager over at Fonterra Cooperative Group Limited here in Richmond. Actually, and Ben the one with the ps with the skid marks and mother and all the sea bomb of the train trip. All he says at the bottom is in quotation marks. Not a problem, just an undocumented feature. It It feels like some kind of it hashtag banks. If you, if you give me, got any emails for the show, maybe you stood upset about Pats having zero sympathy for our husband who's lost both of his eyes. Email late to the party, so on someone yesterday that was living a rush. The email makes no sense, but the heading I did like it simply said lat now the old lats, lat to the party. Email me Christian at Gold one oh four three dot com dot au the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three, day four on who's calling Christian Jack. We're up to eighteen celebrities. This is astonishing, eighteen celebrices. I can't believe I'm actually saying that. I wasn't sure if we get a couple in the first week, we're lucky to get any whatsoever, to get eighteen. We're only an hour into the fourth show of this. Bear Grills live from a mountain in Wells. You could hear it with the wind blowing around him. We'll give you a little recap if you're mister Early. It was actually an entertaining chat and a really interesting chat as well. He has got the right idea about life and how to enjoy nature and you forget with bear Grils. I've interviewed him a couple of times. It's a very interesting guy. But he was in the essays. He's ex Special Forces. He's such a polite, charming British gentleman, isn't he He really is. Yeah, and then you hear well, you wait to you hear if you missed it Early about where he was with his teenage boys and his wife in only only Bear Grills could have a downtime like that, a chinup bar over the sea that he makes his kids do, where if you let go, you drop into the sea. It's like in a gym where they give those steps the sort of graduate to teach them about hanging on off.
Speaker 4: Do you have to get does he have to like lift his child onto the china bar.
Speaker 3: I would imagine that he kicks them out of a heliculter.
Speaker 4: Above it somehow grab it on the way down.
Speaker 3: That thing where they fly through the air and they're star fishing and they.
Speaker 13: Grab the bar.
Speaker 3: And do a load of chips are hard to do anywhere, just one or two squeezing them out, doing them over the scene to a drop and it'd be a cold sea. It's not like a warm sea. It's a freezing sea as well. So we had all that from Bear Grylls which to share with you. And also what happened yesterday when we were hoffed. We had deck wood Hasselhoff on at Tempa State. We had David wood house Off on it a quarters to nine. I think we have him on.
Speaker 4: Did he have us on? Really?
Speaker 3: We were on the David Hausehof Show that was live from his car. We had to say goodbye and wrap up with Hoff otherwise I think I'd actually still be chatting to Hoff right now. Uh. So we got that to play too as well. But the big thing we're excited about today, as always, we never know who is gonna call. Maybe nobody. Uh, we had David Haushoff and an egg boy yesterday. Egg Boy was literally in the last three minutes of the show yesterday. However, John is a guy who called the show two weeks ago. He called back yesterday. His son, Aaron, is a PA for Chris Hemsworth and has been a PA with Chris of a Byron Bay and that compound up there for five years. John called back yesterday and made a very bold claim.
Speaker 14: I spoke again last night and he's guaranteed me that Chris will be on your show by in the show tomorrow. Guarantee you one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: I don't John to be let down by his son Aaron. I want Thought to call.
Speaker 4: Have we verified John? Could he just be crazy?
Speaker 3: We know who the crazies are, don't We have them labeled up when they called him. Okay, John's one of the good ones. We love the craziest calling as well. But we know that John is. Yeah, you're right. I mean, if Thought doesn't call, we shouldn't be surprised to go. John's crazy. Bless him. He thinks he thinks his son, he told us yesterday. John stayed at the Bar and Bay compound.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's something a crazy person can say.
Speaker 3: You know where you are. You're always a suspicious young man. You don't believe in ghosts, and now you don't believe in John. John's a ghost.
Speaker 4: Do you believe I believe in John?
Speaker 3: Do you believe in thor I believe? So we're excited. By ten o'clock, maybe Chris Hemsworth calls us, or maybe not. We'll wait and see. Yesterday then I needed to share this with you to see what you think about what I did yesterday. Right, I was going to do the little cafe that's across the road from where the gym I use it here in Richmond, and it's a place called Pillar of Salt. Great place, right, go there to get a salad. I'm sat on one of those benches where you just share with other random people who are in there alone. It's busy, it's like midday, and I'm just about to order my chicken super food salad with torn chicken, if you want to know. And then I see a guy opposit me is tucking into this. It looks like a warm chicken toasted sandwich and it's and with like lovely chicken mayonnaise. There's like a bit of salad in their spring onion and I'm looking at it, and then then he goes, do you know where you want to have? And I went yeah, and I look at him and he goes, this is nice, right, and I go, I'm going to have what he's having. I actually said I'm going to have what he's having. We then me and him because I see that he's just come out of the gym, and we go.
Speaker 4: Gym.
Speaker 3: It comes over. I take a bite into it and straight my wind. Oh god, this has got mustard him. Do you know the scene and Dumb and Dumber where they put the chiliese that's me with mustard. Seriously, however did I say to them? Okay? So this way. He then goes to me across the bench, how is it? And I go, it's really nice.
Speaker 9: Oh no.
Speaker 3: I then have to wait until he's looking down at his phone to get one of the rolls, put it inside a napkin, put it in my gym bag. I say that. The woman comes over and go, oh, you finished that off quickly, and then she goes, do you want to think us w No, just a bill please, And now I've only had a mouthful of the chicken sewach. I'm absolutely starving. I have to go down the road right somewhere else and order another.
Speaker 12: Why can't you be honest with food when you're out?
Speaker 3: I could never do that? Guilty, No, I just I could. I do want to make the fuss. I told my wife this. She said the same as you again. Why didn't you just say something?
Speaker 4: Why is then the rumor goes around the gym. It's like, hey, that guy in the corner can't eat mustard.
Speaker 3: No, you're It's already bad enough with my gloves that I have to use, and now he just muchs. The world's most sensitive man's back in the gym.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one or four point three.
Speaker 3: So he said yesterday, you know, we're on the lookout. We're asking to be on the lookout for celebrities to gistical for who's calling Christian. Thank you very much to all the efforts you're making from the stars of today. It's the stars of the nineties and the eighties. It's all great. We're loving the different various chats that we're having with people like Hasselhoff, who is just a star of stars and then egg Boy right at the end of yesterday's show, Bed griells this morning, and hopefully by the end of to day. Jim Newman, who was the cowboy in the Village People. Oh and Chris Hammersworth might give us a call as well. But we are talking about there is a big star right now who we think is in Melbourne and he's definitely going to be here because tomorrow night he starts a kind of year long residency at Rod Laver and that is Hugh Jackman. And we are ready for you.
Speaker 15: Hues.
Speaker 2: Calling Christian.
Speaker 3: He will be here in Melbourne. Hell, we were moving around Melbourne. Wherever he is, we need you just to say, kindly, politely, cool Christian. That's it. There's those two words. Even if you see him walking down the street, Sorry, Hugeman doesn't walk down the street. He strides down waiting until high up windows and singing show tunes from the Greatest Showman. As you see him striding through this great city, you just simply say cool Christian. Wind up on your window too, your horn wherever we need you to be our eyes and ears wherever Hugh is, and hopefully he can call us. Anne's on the line now. Good morning.
Speaker 16: An want to Christian, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good And apparently you've already been part of Hugh Watch. What what did you see yesterday?
Speaker 16: Well, my kids, my kids met him at the airport and we handed him a note about I'm calling you on the Christian O'Connell show because I asked him to call you because you wanted you wanted to speak to you. So I personally personally gave him a note and hopefully he'll, hopefully he'll call you.
Speaker 3: Don't just leave me.
Speaker 4: Come on, And I told you he doesn't fly private. He's a man of the people.
Speaker 16: Come on yesterday on a domestic flight, a man of the people.
Speaker 3: This is what he did. Sure it looks like that. On the inside, it's a gym. There's no whether plb's like us. It's just it's just one share in the middle of it. There's just Youhugh having his boots polished and it's six pressed.
Speaker 16: Hopefully, hopefully he'll call you.
Speaker 3: Listen and this is great that you did this. So what were you doing at the airport? We were your states out there for Hugh Watch.
Speaker 16: Well I couldn't I personally couldn't go, but my kids went. But we knew. We knew when he was flying because we've got friends in Adelaide and he told us when he was coming in.
Speaker 3: You're part of a network, You're part of the global Hue Underground.
Speaker 16: A friend told us what flight he was on. So my kids were at the airport, so they got to meet him, meet him yesterday.
Speaker 4: So he's got a tail on him at all time.
Speaker 10: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Do you know what? But he was lovely to your kids as.
Speaker 16: Well, and he was lovely And I have personally met him about three or four times before and he's always been amazing too, So he's always been lovely to us.
Speaker 3: Right, And is he one of your favorite celebrities?
Speaker 16: He certainly is. But what bon Jovi is my number one favorite?
Speaker 3: Okay? So he got Bonjovi at number one? Wors shoe? Is he a strong number two?
Speaker 16: Absolutely?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Would you where would you put meat fish?
Speaker 16: And so you're you're up the top as well too.
Speaker 3: My number on that just outside the top seventy.
Speaker 4: So Anne, are you going this weekend to the man that mid the Legend, Hugh Jackman's live show.
Speaker 16: Well, hopefully I will get to go to one of his shows because he's actually doing his show on my birthday too, which would be a nice little last little treat to go for my birthday hopefully.
Speaker 4: So if we got tickets for his shows, I don't think so it did tell me set up where we could. It would have been great if we did, But we don't.
Speaker 3: I thought we had tickets for it. No, no, but and and I promise you this, no listen if he calls they were asking for a pair of tickets for you.
Speaker 7: What.
Speaker 3: I just want to know which date you want to go. When is your birthday?
Speaker 16: My birthday is the twenty seventh of August.
Speaker 3: Twenty seventh of August. Is he rod over then?
Speaker 17: Yes? He is?
Speaker 4: Is he around that long?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 16: He goes he goes to Melbourne and then he goes to Perth and then he comes back to Melbourne.
Speaker 3: What to finish off a song? It's a bit long to wait for an encore. It's back in three days, time to do the care.
Speaker 16: If in Melbourne, then he goes to person it comes back to Melbourne because you use twour dates in that year.
Speaker 3: Wow, all right, so it's the twenty seventh, that's your birthday. That's when you want to be seeing Hugh.
Speaker 16: That would be that would be that would be lovely.
Speaker 3: Years and I'll ask him if he calls Okay.
Speaker 16: Oh thanks Christians, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Pleasure always love to talk to you. I'd have a good day.
Speaker 1: Thank you by the Christian who Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three three and a half shows into Who's Calling Christian running until the end of next week, so still wide open for you to get involved and hopefully enjoying the various people that are calling in and our chats with them. You're the ones voting at the end of next week for the top five that we announced, you'll put the winner, and the winning celebrity gets twenty thousand dollars for the charity of their choice. And if you got them on the show, whether you found them on Instagram like many of them in contacted that way or Twitter like the Hoff yesterday, then now you get twenty thousand dollars for yourself as well. So so far we're up to eighteen eighteen celebrities. The question for whoever calls in next, whether that is the much hyped Chris Hemsworth Life and Byron Bay.
Speaker 5: What have you done today to make someone really smile?
Speaker 3: Tough, isn't it? Because obviously Bear Grills was asking that and it's the end of his day. The other side of the world in England, if if if.
Speaker 4: Chris Hemsworth called up and he's only been awake a couple of hours, not.
Speaker 3: He just gets out drops oell of bed, does a quick squad thrust and then two hundred burpies and then he's into that gym and then he's probably having a protein shake or some of that. What is It's a limit. He's only had a couple of hours of his day to make someone smile, isn't he? Although if you're missus Hammisworth, just see those pegs everything that the glutes as well. Sorry, So yeah, it's three and a half shows. I don't know what happened there. Three in our shows into Who's Scoring Christian? And I just partly this is therapy because yesterday, when there's been so much going on this week with Who's Calling Christian? Like I say, sometimes we kind of even take a toilet break because the producers come running in and there's someone on the I need to talk to them, and so you need to sit and wait and it's all chaos yesterday. If you heard the end of the show. We were saying goodbye, and egg Boy called in like the last three minutes and we had a fascinating chat, a delightful chat with him. But the whole thing that happened with David Hasselhoff is surreal because he was on for twenty nine minutes, you know, That's what it was, and in two parts as well, and at times it wasn't like I was interviewing him. It was like he was just saying whatever he wanted and we were merely the witness to it. And I loved all of it. So this is what happened yesterday on the show. When David Hasselhoff called us.
Speaker 15: Good line, Christian is the half had just come straight from a big TV pitch meeting.
Speaker 10: That's like a big bag of gold. They're making more money than it would be a lot of money.
Speaker 15: I do half seven minutes nineteen and without requesting it, the half start singing to Christian.
Speaker 10: I'dn't looking so.
Speaker 15: Ten minutes fifteen and we were off on another tangent. The Hoff tells Christian about meeting Quentin Tarantino in toilet.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, I met Garantino a long time ago when he said in the press. One of my next door is after John's revolt is David Aslong. And I saw him in the men's room at Bolden Globe and I said, Hi, I'm half celeberty looking at me, and he went okay.
Speaker 9: And he left.
Speaker 3: The end of meeting.
Speaker 10: End of Yeah, you're right. I was gonna be your next door. He went, I'm I'm at general right now and I can't let it talk.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Twelve minutes twenty and we learned about the Hoff's first celebrity crush.
Speaker 10: I think my first celebrity crush was Paulina Poriskova.
Speaker 1: She was a beautiful model who married Rick O'Casey from the Cars and was kind of funny because she's so.
Speaker 10: Beautiful and he's, uh, he's a rough rock and roller.
Speaker 3: No one's more beautiful than you.
Speaker 15: Half fourteen minutes and five seconds, The unfingable happens.
Speaker 3: The half starts to break up. Second half. We're losing a half.
Speaker 15: Half on half twenty one minutes and our prayers are answered.
Speaker 3: The half returns a minute. He's back. This is breaking news. The Hoff is back.
Speaker 2: Everyone.
Speaker 10: Half, are you there, I'm live out here, I'm here.
Speaker 3: Hey, We've got the holf We've got the bay.
Speaker 15: Twenty six minutes and ten seconds things really start to go off the rails. The Half talks about his new movie Kung Fury.
Speaker 10: I played the car this time, the Half nine thousand who morphs into a man and man bowed and sings to puppies.
Speaker 9: I mean, I.
Speaker 3: Play this is amazing.
Speaker 6: Come on, and.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you you're gonna love it.
Speaker 10: You're gonna and you're gonna call me back and say you need to come in and talk about.
Speaker 15: In twenty eight minutes and unfortunately it's time to say goodbye.
Speaker 10: Okay, guys, take care of it.
Speaker 3: We have been off and breathe. That's what happened when we got hoffed yesterday on the show. Thank you very much. Sure all the efforts you make can try and get these various stars to give us a call. We loved it yesterday with the hoff Luckily, what we didn't play back to you was were we getting He was getting so excited about Kung Fury two he let the F word out as well.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We really need to know how is the best way to break in a pair of shoes. You've now stopped wearing the whitest trainers on planet Earth.
Speaker 4: They're very cool, but they're very uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Tata Marine have actually asked to stop wearing them because it's actually distracting pilots flying over the city. Why is that's all the lazy thing down there? They are so brand new? And then my daughter I brought about Dr Martin Boots a couple of it's about two months ago and she's hardly wearing them now because if you ever seen Dr Martin boots, the big sort of thirteen whole lace ones, they take years to break in. And I suggested the other day that I put them in a pillowcase and smash them with hammers. I wasn't joking because I thought, what's that gonna do? It's gonna So.
Speaker 11: He often hits me with shoes in a case to knock him sense in.
Speaker 3: Its study pass. So what is the best way to break in a pair of shoes? Do let us know? Nine four one four one O four three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Right now that time for brand new isolated vocal. This is another diry different one, I said vocal we do every Thursday where we just stripped back a song and just play up the raw isolated vocal performance. This is a big dumb rock and roll song. Ain't nothing but a good time by Poison. Have listened to Brett Michaels doing this isolated vocal changes the song for you.
Speaker 18: Money young women in ways, but have to until you wear spent last name. I'm real sor about the sheephon in not just a light of myth mold every now and landy, I'm always working and say every day got to get a break from the same mold, same olde.
Speaker 3: I need a chance just to get away.
Speaker 18: If you could hear anything, this is what I've said, i'hing.
Speaker 9: But a good time?
Speaker 18: How can I resist? They're looking for nothing but a good time, and it don't.
Speaker 8: Get better than this.
Speaker 3: Brett Michaels this week's isolated vocal star. If you love that kind of rock and roll Poison Motley Crue, and you want to read an amazing book of a really honest book about rock and roll, what it was like with those bands and guns and roses. The Motley Crue book that is just about the best one there is around. Have you read that?
Speaker 4: No made that into a documentary recently as well.
Speaker 3: Well, I know it's a traumatization that sucked really really bad. The book is amazing.
Speaker 4: Is it all true? Order those guys like exaggerate.
Speaker 3: I get horrible feeding reading it at times that it's true, And when they're telling some of the stories back, it's not like they're proud of what happened. But it's just all the band pettu rival reason. Whether you're working in an office for four or five people and you know you're going to clash, but put them in a rock and roll band that add a load of egos and drugs. It's like this crucible. But just the mundaney and pettiness of some of their arguments are amazing. But it's called the Motley Cruz story. I can't recommend that enough. That is brilliant. Don't waste the time on the Netflix thing. Netflix makes a lot of great shows. That ain't one of them. All right, as you do. On this show, we bounced around all over the place. We're now going back to how do you break in a pair of shoes? I've got a twelve of your daughter with a pair of Dr Martin boots she's scared to wear at the moment, she's had the two months. There's no given them. Do you remember when used to get school shoes, not like they are now where they're all sort of specially designed and they mold to the foot, Nike air and stuff like that. This is when it was just basically like wood, and you put them on the start of the year and you'd be lucky if any kind of given them. By the end of the school year, your parents would go there. You just wear them and wear them around the house.
Speaker 4: That's what I want to do with the last remaining days of my summer holidays.
Speaker 3: Big old, cunky school shoes, you know, So how do you break in a pair of shoes? And plus you've got your squeaky white trainers at the moment.
Speaker 4: Brand like they're very cool shoes, but they're just uncomfortably stiff.
Speaker 3: I've often looked at Jerry Seinfeld and thought I'd love to wear some of those white trainers that he rocks. There. Dave, Good morning, Dave.
Speaker 9: Sorry, sorry, sorry, christ that's.
Speaker 3: Right what we were taking a peel.
Speaker 19: I'm just actually getting into my work clothes.
Speaker 3: That's right. Busy in the morning, and what stage of getting dressed are you in right now?
Speaker 19: I've put the pants on and I'm doing the belt up.
Speaker 3: Great start. I don't mind whether you a nude or anything, but if you are going to put trousers on it when sis you wear a belt? So thank you very much.
Speaker 4: It's good that you're wearing trousers. But it does make it seem like you called us. When you first called us, he didn't have pants on.
Speaker 19: No, I did have pants on. I was in my car at the time.
Speaker 3: So this is amazing itself. I love all of this. Do you think we've ever had people call the show naked?
Speaker 9: Not quite.
Speaker 3: We had somebody call from the bath so yes, yeah, I just thought maybe tomorrow morning we're doing the naked phone in the first hour of the show. All right, Dave tell us, how do you break in a pair of shoes?
Speaker 19: Now, this is an old bush trick that has boys used to use that bush. I'm talking about up the wimmer away because we wear blandstones all the time and those things killed and I give.
Speaker 9: You blisters and what not for weeks.
Speaker 19: The trick is you get a nice warm bath tub and you're standing in the bathtub with a decent pair of softs and your boots on, and you let them soak for about ten minutes, and then you wear for the rest of the day till I draw on your seat and they sit like a glove for the rest of your life.
Speaker 3: Now, I got a pair of blondstones I bought like five or six years ago. They have still not broken yet. But I haven't stood in that. I haven't stood in the bath with the mind.
Speaker 19: Give them wet. It's been totally wet, and then were You might be uncondled for a day wearing wet boots and socks, but once they all dry out on your seat.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, I can't come into work with soggy footwear. Into a radio shud, Chris Hemsworth on the line, I'm shaking out. Hang on, Chris, there's some more water in the heel of this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I trudging water up and down the radio studio.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's gonna I don't think that's gonna work. Plus you get, isn't it. Al In the First World War they all got trench foot in the trenches with their wet I don't think this is very good for your feet.
Speaker 19: It's only the one day and you probably won't get.
Speaker 3: Athletes, but no, thank you doctor. All right, Dave for the rest of you.
Speaker 19: Before I go, can I give a big shout out to the Marvel Across cub again. I rang a couple of weeks ago and shared out the boys.
Speaker 5: I'd love to say, well.
Speaker 19: Done Marvel Across, probably going all the way to the grand.
Speaker 20: Final this year.
Speaker 3: Good eye and wow done you're still winning? Then?
Speaker 19: Yeah, yeah, we beat wims down on the weekend and then the number one team and we smacked them at fourteen eight. And now we've got one more round to go, sorry path there and forth and we'll beat them easily and we're gonna we're gonna go all the way to the grand file.
Speaker 9: So a big one all of the three boys that man.
Speaker 3: Good on you all right, keep on winning. Good luck, Bud, all right, take care a day, carry on getting changed that day. Daby one is just getting changed for shots to us. Rod, Good morning. I think he was naked when he first caught the station, wasn't he? Rod? Good morning morning, I'm good Rod, Rod. What do you reckon? Is the best way to break in him?
Speaker 13: A pair of new shoes, The absolute best way to buft in your doc matons especially uh wait, a bit of newspaper, just damp put it in front of them and put it in shoes and put it in front of the heater.
Speaker 3: Oh what and it will it will wet and then dry. It will soften them up, moisten them.
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah, sock them right ups. Won't take you three years where I mean, you'll do it an afternoon.
Speaker 4: Well, so you squishing newspaper like fully, like trying to get into every nooking cranny in there.
Speaker 20: No, no, no, not get through boody thirty newspapers.
Speaker 3: Just so Jack's got very confused with how to roll up some newspaper. I think he's still trying to read up the back sports page to do the crossword with it in a shoe.
Speaker 20: No, I just like, you know, a couple of bits news described on the ball.
Speaker 3: And just great idea. All right, Rod, I tried that one rather than getting to soggy feet all day like your idea more okay, thanks right, yeah it is Yeah, David was talking about that.
Speaker 20: I wouldn't give you a bum STERI of the matter.
Speaker 9: It works, thank you.
Speaker 3: I respect that about you as well. Rod. I mean that's what I like about Rod. He's never given me a bum stare was Dave is the king of bum stairs.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Some of you when you've heard me talking about that. I've been doing secret little stand up spots here and there. Always want to know when I when I am. We're actually going to announce something doing some stuff this weekend. I'm actually heading out west, leaving the Base Side compound on a Saturday night and heading out west. What's going on? I'm heading to the Yarraville Comedy Club.
Speaker 4: It's like the posh of the West.
Speaker 3: That's my kind of West. Yarraville Comedy Club. What a lineup they're celebrating at their birthday and they know like eleven comedians. But the really big treat for me is I'm going to get to see Tony Martin and Marty sheargold. I've been listening to them for over twenty years and no idea what Tony's I could stand up or the legend that is Marty sheargold. But I'm jumping up as well. And it's at the Yarraville Comedy Club on Saturday night. Like I said, there's eleven comics. I think Dave Thornton, Jeff Green, loads of others as well. I'm super excited. I can't wait. Have you ever seen Tony Marty do stand up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've seen Tony at the Fairfield Comedy Club that you did last year. Yeah, he's a really.
Speaker 3: Funny standing ah bet, it's amazing. And Marty Marty's going on eleven o'clock at night now that Marty is I'm sure will Mum is saying this. He's a man of the darkness anyway. Goodness knows what the Prince of Darkness is like eleven cclock at night. I'm guessing he's probably had a few by then. I will be sticking around to see that and witness all of that as well. I can't I cannot wait for it. And then next Friday and Saturday night I'm all going to be doing some stuff at the Comics Lounge as well. Patsy, obviously the show's everything's changing at the moment, so you know when the interviews are going on, you've got a little bit of time there to help me out on a project. At the moment, I really need your help. My wife is celebrating a significant age that I'm forbidden for talking about on the show. It's not until November, however, it is a significant age. One is I don't know why she's embarrassed about it, you know, but I'm really struggling to know what to do for surprises and what to do for presents, because done it, done.
Speaker 4: It, You've done it all.
Speaker 12: He's done some impressive stuff I have.
Speaker 3: I've done all the stuff. I need some new ideas. Well.
Speaker 11: That's your own fault for giving a good stuff in the past. Now you run out of ideas, all.
Speaker 3: Right, pat So I'm glad you say if I have a for it's I care too much, Patsy, taking you two hundred and forty eight shows to get there. But it's true I did because I went on these red letter experience websites. Right you start to look at some really amazing stuff hot air balloons.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, but she experience to fly? Why is she going to get in the hot air.
Speaker 3: As it just said? I said the other day, Hey, listen, just a couple of areas. How do you feel about hot air balloon? Like a winery? Sunrise sunset? Chris, I would weep the whole time, So that's out. Then I saw a great one, great ocean. You can do the Great Ocean road from a helicopter, magnificent. But she's a nervous fly. If you don't like being on a big plane, you don't want to get a little one that takes off from a rabbit.
Speaker 12: What about a boat to do?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 12: What about along?
Speaker 3: I can't afford to fire a boat like Carl and Jackie ow money boat, I get a little dinghy or yeah, pump up one, yes, hang on another hour?
Speaker 12: No you need to What about some pampering?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: One of those homemade vouchers is home made?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 3: One of those Pommy vouchers.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three Christian, how about shark diving in the aquarium for your wife? Clever? We've just recently to redo the life assurance as well, so if anything happens, got one a four point three Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, eight thirty seven, So still to come on today's show? We got the app work time waste? And will he call? On day four of who's calling? Christian? We don't know who's gonna be calling, but sometimes people say I've asked so and so and more. More is the case that though they those people don't call, and for good reason. They might be other stuff going on they just forgot. However, two weeks ago, we get a call from listener John, lovely guy, and he tell us about his son Aaron, who for the last five years has worked full time as a PA for the one and only Chris Hemsworth. John called us back yesterday.
Speaker 14: I spoke Baron again last night and he's guaranteed me that Chris will be on your show by in the show tomorrow. Guarantee you one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Guaranteed one hundred percent. We've still got another hour and twenty two minutes ago of the show, yet anything could happen. Adam's still hoping that Jim Newman. We all know who Jim Newman is. You just say the name you know it's Do you mean, oh cowboy from the Village People? Yes? I do. Hopefully he's going to be calling me as well, and I'm absolutely gutted. It's great to have one of the stars of night Rider with the hoff. But the really big star was season two was April. She was the mechanic and Rebecca Holden still hasn't called the show.
Speaker 4: Who is getting onto her again? We would go, we got so close.
Speaker 3: I think a guy called Adria and the supermaner. I've actual email going just let's leave her alone. Now. She knows about the competition because he was. His last email to me was that he knows she's online active and reading the Facebook message and I'm like, step up, Oh wait, this is noting about Facebook, isn't it. You know, just let it be now, Okay, You've asked a couple of times. She knows where we are. The competition's running for another week or so. One thing I'm surprised about. I thought we'd have a lot of footy players calling him. You know, stars are the teams you all go and see every weekend when they win, lose, or whatever. We haven't had any yet so far. Donna just called up. But I think as asked Dusty Martin, which she's mazing him.
Speaker 4: She's contacted Dusty asking if we've already spoken to him. We haven't.
Speaker 3: Sadly, no, not a single footy player whatsoever. All right, here's what happened this morning. This morning, six o'clock. We're literally in the middle of the very first song of five bar six while most of you were asleep, and we find out that the claxon's going and it's Bear Grills on the line. We had a great chat with Bear Grills. Here it is. If you missed it.
Speaker 2: Whoo calling Christian?
Speaker 3: Good morning? Who's calling Christian? Who's this?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 6: Christian is fair Grill?
Speaker 5: Heyday?
Speaker 10: Bear?
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for calling the show. Where in the world are you sound like you're down a ravines somewhere in Norway.
Speaker 5: I am on the top one mountain in North Wales. It is blowing a fifty mile hour wind. In a moment, the sun is just setting and it's beautiful.
Speaker 3: Ah, that sounds magical. Now only wife and kids sometimes, surely you've got a couple of quids. Now kind of go and stay in like a six star hotel.
Speaker 5: You know, I love it here, so I mean it's it's off grid. We power the house and sola and everyone has the mucket.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 5: The rest of the year one, you know, we get looked after pretty well. But this place you've got.
Speaker 6: To work hard for everything.
Speaker 5: You've got to carry the flies out the hill.
Speaker 6: You've got to get the hoover out, do the dishes to clear.
Speaker 5: There's a great grounding time. Got three three boys teenagers now, so actually, as.
Speaker 7: A family, we love this simple time. Yahderful.
Speaker 3: I bet that's a brilliant family time. On what are the teenage boys like? Because I've got teenage daughters. Bear, and when you go in the morning and say, hey, listen, you gotta come get up there. You've got to help the old man catch the rabbit to eat your breakfast, and they're like, god, dog get out.
Speaker 5: They're pretty fun, you know.
Speaker 6: The eldest is sixteen.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: We had a massive argument yesterday about face jumping, and I made the error of encouraging him to follow his dreams. I talked about a skydive at sixteen. We've had an epic time the last few weeks jumping out of planes and helicopters. But now he wants a base jump. My wife, Sharha, has gone that. We had a massive argument about it. I backed my wife and I said no, you've got to her, and then she she Then she came and found us both found a foe asleep on the sofa taking a nap. She goes, well, that's what's so genius. You're both so exhausted from arguing. You're not going to have a nap, you know, And yeah, that's just family life.
Speaker 3: It sounds ardillic.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you why. We have some epic workouts running up and down the hill. We've got a pull up bar on this cave over the sea.
Speaker 3: He got a pull up bar that overlooks the sea.
Speaker 5: When it's over the sea, it's above a cave and there's a thirty foot drop into the sea if you give up. So the lesson is for the family, never give up. You know, you gotta you gotta hold onto the bar.
Speaker 3: This is incredible. It's kind of thing.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you some pictures off air afterwards.
Speaker 3: You'd love the I love to say it sounds it sounds like the sort of thing that Bruce Wayne had in the dark night.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 3: It is lere to try and get stronger, to rebuild himself. Now, Bet we need a question from you from the next celebrity whoever.
Speaker 5: That is question for me, what have you done today to make someone really smile?
Speaker 3: What a great question? And bear, what do you think you've done during the day today to make someone smile?
Speaker 5: You're asking me. I'm saying, oh lost, and I think that boys asked for family be going. Probably not, but boy's what have I done to make you file? They're coming up the hill right now?
Speaker 9: Hot on?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah that's true. Yeah I did that. Yeah, I promise them we can watch. We only have a DVD player back in the houses. You don't get normal telling, and we only have four DVDs. One is Police Academy one, the other Police Academy.
Speaker 3: Two, good man.
Speaker 8: The third is how to Pack your Parachute like a Pro, and the fourth and then so please none of those again.
Speaker 5: And the fourth is About Time, which a great film. So we're going to watch that. And that always makes people smile.
Speaker 3: It's always, it's always lovely chatting to You're an interesting man in your free spirit, and you've got such a great message to share with the world as well, but enjoying nature and ourselves as well. Good on you, Bear, Thank you very much for giving us a call. Enjoy your evening up the mountain with the boys.
Speaker 5: No worries, We love you guys.
Speaker 9: Keep other great work all right.
Speaker 3: Thanks barebye, Wooly.
Speaker 2: Christian.
Speaker 3: Wasn't that great? You think you know everything you need to know about Bear? Grills, the wild Man, the explorer, the survivor, and then Lott did you know about his family set up and the father they only owned three tvds? Please Academy one, Please Amaemy two? And how to pack your parachute like a pro. The great thing about when you have these conversations, we're catching people when they're doing something completely different. Normally when you do an interview, they're in the studio, and so they sat opposite me. I know where they are. What's lovely when we're doing this and hopefully when you're listening to it is we're catching and doing other stuff. And up with Bear He's obviously sounds like that's his idea of downtime. But then you suddenly in his world there at the top of the mountain, the pull up bar over? Was it a thirty foot.
Speaker 4: Drop into the ocean?
Speaker 3: When I interviewed Bear Grills a couple of years ago and afterwards, we were just talking and sometimes that's the best stuff, but they don't want to share it on air. And he was on to promote you remember Obama did the when he went out in the wires with Bear Grills running in the wild and I was talking about what actually did you get with it, because obviously he was then president of America, and I was talking about what was it like the security detail? Did you actually get time with him alone? Sure, he couldn't have done in case anything happened or he hurt himself. Now that we did the yeah, they did leave us. They had to pull back. Wasn't quite as a normal shoot. And I said, what what we like talking to about at night time? And when he just ran a campfire because we were just talking like guys. You know. The thing is, despite he was, you know, in the White Office and stuff like that and the leader of the free world. He said, he's still like any married guy, absolutely terrified his wife. And they still have blazing rowse. He said, they've been roused since the day they met about he's incredibly messy, and now Michell Obama has a real problem with how messy he keeps his office. When you read Michelle Obama's book, she goes on a lot about that, how she's had to come to terms with the fact that it's always gonna be messy. They're it's gonna have to leave you. But yeah, thank you very much for Toughs Charity, for getting Bear grills on anything could happen. This is going up until all next week. If you want to find out more about how you can be getting involved, we'd love to chat to whoever you can get on the show. Head to Gold one oh four three dot com dot au And of course this morning between now and ten, who knows will thor be calling.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: All right, let's find out who's going to be celebrity number nineteen. So we go from early this morning at the top of a mountain bear grills as find out who's on the line right now? Good morning, who's calling? Christian?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 17: Hello, Hello?
Speaker 3: Who's this?
Speaker 17: Oh hello? This is the allegedly fabulous Adam Richard. Good morning chicken. How are you?
Speaker 3: I would say you are officially fabulous Adam Richard?
Speaker 17: Well not anymore. I don't really work well another.
Speaker 3: Him jealous as well. Do you know what, Adam? I heard you? I used to hear you when I was back in London. Used to do a load of great stuff with Justin Hamilton about movies on a podcast.
Speaker 17: Oh my god, I did well in my car.
Speaker 3: It was years ago. It's quite a few years ago, do you remember, Yeah.
Speaker 17: Yeah, yeah, yes I do. I used to give him lists to the airport and we talk about movies.
Speaker 3: That's right. It was around the early day of podcasts. It must have been eight years ago or something like that.
Speaker 17: Oh yeah, I was an early adopter of podcasts. I've given it away now, just.
Speaker 3: As people are making money out that. You step away, smile.
Speaker 17: That's generally how my career. I've done two shows with them, a celebrity in the title, and I was in a celebrity either time.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. You give us to call. Who's asked you to call this, Adam.
Speaker 17: It's Luke Whitehouse of all people, bless him. Thanks Luke for making me ring the radio at first thing in the morning.
Speaker 3: And are you supporting a charity, Adam.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I'm actually doing a oh god, I'm doing a half marathon over the Sydney hubber Bridge for the Smith family. So if anyone wants to look me up on the Sydney Running Festival, you can find my page and help me out as well.
Speaker 3: So you're doing a half marathon, I know, have you done anything like that before?
Speaker 17: No, I've done ten k's but I've never gone double that And when is it in about four or five weeks?
Speaker 3: And how's the training, because you've got any loads of boring runs and whether you want to go out or not.
Speaker 17: I I've clumb had to run this morning. I'm in Melbourne this week and it's it's not warm. There was a bit of a cold head wind this morning.
Speaker 3: Well I'm proctially getting up that early into and five k.
Speaker 17: Yeah, look it's I don't want to be completely embarrassed that, you know, crawling over the last half of the bridge when I'm still going to get to the opera house.
Speaker 3: I've always thought, you know when you see people doing half mouth and and mouth, and it must be so hard mentally when you see people who are dressed as a carrot or and they go jogging past you as you're really struggling, you know, when they're in the outfit, in the costumes or do you know what's.
Speaker 17: Even worse is when you're running around, Say this morning, I ran around the town and some woman goes past you pushing her pram with twins in them.
Speaker 3: And that's the fifth time she's at you as well. And tell me this, I know you're a big movie guy. As soon as you're on. Have you seen Once upon a Time in Hollywood?
Speaker 17: Yet no is going to see it today?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yes, all right? So this the way this works, Adam, everyone, it gives us a call. We have a question from the previous celebrity. See your question comes from bear Grills. Are you ready?
Speaker 17: Yes, I'm ready?
Speaker 3: All right, here's your question from bear Grils.
Speaker 5: What have you done today to make someone really smile?
Speaker 17: Look? I hope it made them smile. Someone was coming up behind me and I maybe lost a little bit of control downstairs. And you know when you break, when does it puff out like your breast? Does I just know you?
Speaker 3: And you think that made someone smile? Afraid or something?
Speaker 17: I look on their face.
Speaker 3: Sometimes there's a difference between a fine num between a grimace. All right, and Adam, what's the question that we can get from you to whoever whenever they called us? Next?
Speaker 17: My question for the next guest is, when was the last time you went roller skating?
Speaker 3: I remember I used to be really into roader skating. I had these really cool ones I think I was. It would have been nineteen eighty eight, would have been the last time I went roller skating? What are for you.
Speaker 17: Oh, probably. I think it was six months ago. My rolling skater at my sister's house in Geelong and I popped in to visit them. They're two sides are too small, but I gave it a red hot.
Speaker 3: Go and Adam, and are those the ones where they weren't actually full roader skates that fitted your foot in? Were those ones you strapped onto shoes?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 17: Oh no, my mother bought them at at the very cheap shop down the road.
Speaker 9: They were glued on.
Speaker 3: All right, Adam will listen. Is there anywhere if we want to give you money or sponsor you for the half Mouth and in Sydney? Where can they do that? On Twitter or Instagram?
Speaker 17: You can follow me on Twitter at Adam Richard or at Adam Richard on Instagram or yeah, yeah, there's links there you can find your way through.
Speaker 3: Great Adam, thank you very much for giving us a call. Nice to talk to you.
Speaker 17: Have a great Christian hijack.
Speaker 4: Speak again.
Speaker 3: Look at them it's Radio Reunited, all right see letter adding bye good luck in the mouth, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: All right, let's find out who's gonna be taking us from nineteen celebrities so far and day four of Who's Calling Christian all the way up to number twenty. Good morning, Who's calling Christian? Who's this?
Speaker 21: Good morning Christian. This is Olivia John.
Speaker 3: Now are you We're a living legend, Olivia Newton John, good morning, good morning?
Speaker 21: How are you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Well, mom Botany, how are you?
Speaker 21: I'm wonderful. And Ryan Stewart nominated me. And he's an Ozzy and he's a Chippendale and I not him.
Speaker 9: I was in Vegas, of course you did.
Speaker 3: What goes on in Vegas. Olivia stays in Vegas.
Speaker 5: Okay, right, look at that.
Speaker 3: You're getting stripper, You're meeting strippers names, get them to the work call us. Well that's great. So whereabouts in the world are you alive? Are you here in Australia.
Speaker 21: Or at the moment, I'm in Los Angeles?
Speaker 3: Oh wow, and thank you so much for giving us a call. I saw your very moving sixty minutes a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 21: Oh, thank you, and I.
Speaker 3: Assuk it's incredible. How have you such an awful thing that's been happening to you, but you're still trying to spread such a positive message. As well when the walk you do every year as well, and you've got it coming up in October here in Melbourne.
Speaker 21: Got my walk coming up for my early being in John Cancer on the Three Shirts Center on October sixthe in Melbourne, So if anyone wants to join me, that would be fabulous in the Alexander Gardens this year I'm going to raise money for people on the cancer Journey and help them win over it.
Speaker 3: And do you know what, I've been meaning this for a while. One of our listeners has entered it and we were giving us some money to do a couple of weeks. Are going to keep means to get around to it. Now you're on going today, I'm going to come down and do the walk.
Speaker 21: Oh fabulous, Great, we'll make yourself known to me please.
Speaker 3: Well, I used to be a super fan of yours in the eighties. I don't want to scape. I used to have your poster on my wall.
Speaker 21: Oh that's lovely. Well, if you might be interested then that. I've got an auction coming up of all my older stuff from a lot of stuff from the agies.
Speaker 3: What are you selling on ebout? What's going on?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 21: It's on November second, and it's Julian Auctions, and people can tune in on the internet Julian Auctions and buy stuff from Greece and Xanadu and my concerts, and you never know you might find something from that.
Speaker 3: Ere Christians And what kind of stuff have you got from Greece because it's such a big iconic movie.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I've got the pants and the jacket. I've been saving them for this moment, so I can use a lot of this money to benefit patients that they're living in John Cancerona free shirts.
Speaker 3: That is one of the movie's greatest elfits. Where have you kept it all these years? Where have you kept the patents?
Speaker 21: In my cupboard? And it's been in storage And it went on the road with me for a while, the jacket, until I realized the value of it and hit it away. It's me all over the world. And of course it was in the movie, so it was already old when I wore it then, So they're antiques really.
Speaker 3: And listen, Olivia, I know so many people will be desperate to know, how are you actual actually at the moment, how are you getting on with your treatment? You sound you sound full of life right now.
Speaker 21: I'm fabulous. I'm really doing really, really really well and feeling good and strong and healthy.
Speaker 3: That's great. Well, listen, I feel like I should also let Patrina. There's a woman called Pats on the show and she's amazing and you were on her dream list of people to call the show. So I'm going to let her have a chat with you now. Pats desperate to talk to her.
Speaker 11: Haley, lovely to meet you, to meet you, Patrina, You're amazing. I loved you in Zanidy. What was it like playing opposite or alongside Jane Kelly?
Speaker 21: Oh, Jean Kelly was a lovely man. Of of course, it was intimidating because someone told you you're going to dance with Jen Kelly. How would you feel?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 21: So it was a little scary. So I started tap dancing lessons about two or three months before the movie began. It was like, you know, dancing with the stars kind of thing. And he was fabulous and made it very easy for me. And yeah, I feel very grateful for that experience.
Speaker 12: Oh that's awesome.
Speaker 11: And you've got your farm on up in New South Wales up for sale as well, I believe, uh huh.
Speaker 21: I actually sold it to some lot of people who are going to be very.
Speaker 11: No, no, is that going to benefit your cancer se in it because it does so much awesome work here in Victoria.
Speaker 12: We're so lucky to have it.
Speaker 21: I'm doing the option for my cancer center right.
Speaker 12: Oh that's awesome.
Speaker 21: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Wow, I'm a bit overwhelmed, to be honest, to be talking to you. Where do you live out at Werribee in western Melbourne?
Speaker 21: Are very nice?
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, So thank you for calling.
Speaker 21: I hope you'll come to the walk on October sixth for the wellness walk we search one. Would be great if you come.
Speaker 12: Yes, I will bring the family definitely.
Speaker 11: We've been touched by cancer in family in our family, so I'd love to support it lively.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, good for you. Well listen, Olivia, thank you so much for calling us. Now, there's one last thing I need to do is all these celebrities that call us, like Bear Grills and James Corden who called us from la and David Hauselhoff I'm not sure where he was in the world, out of space by the sound of it yesterday, and now you are calling us. There's a question that's left from the last guests. So the comedian Adam Richard has left this question for you, Olivia Newton John, have a listen.
Speaker 17: When was the last time you went roller skating?
Speaker 3: So I don't know if you.
Speaker 21: Heard roller skating. Well, the last time I went roller skating was in Xanadu, so that leads back to your imagination. That's thirty years ago or more. And I fell over and cracked my tailbone and had to sit on a donut device during between takes because I was in so much pain. So that put the end to roller.
Speaker 3: Skating for me, and a lot of people might want to know. Is that donut device up for auction? No, I was just asking for a friend.
Speaker 10: That was.
Speaker 3: Now, Olivia, we need a question from you to whoever calls in next.
Speaker 21: All right, Well, my question would be when were you the happiest?
Speaker 3: Oh? What a great question. That's a deep one. That is whoever is And what's the answer for you? What's the answer for you? What is happiness to you? Olive? You and Newton Sehan?
Speaker 21: Oh gosh, every day waking up as that I'm just grateful, grateful for every day. I'm happy. I'm very happy all the time.
Speaker 9: I guess, well, you know what.
Speaker 3: It's amazing to talk to you. You are an Australian legend and I think it's amazing what you're doing as well, everything you're going through, but using that to try and help other people who were suffering as well in their families. I think there's something really incredible about that. So thank you so much for giving us all. And you know what, you know.
Speaker 21: What I'll say if I think about that question for a second, if I answer it myself, it would be when I had my daughter. That moment when you first see your child for the first time, that's the probably the happiest moment.
Speaker 3: You're there a lovely, great answer. All right, we listen. I will see you in Alexander Gardens in October here in Melbourne at the walk, Okay, all right, then I'll be wearing you old jacket and pants. I don't know I'm going to get into them, trying to lose a bit of way, but I will be there, okay. Olivia Newton John, thank.
Speaker 10: You very much, Thank you, bye, welcome bye by.
Speaker 3: Wasn't that amazing then, Patsy, Wow, you did great, well done. Sorry to throw you in there, but I thought she was on your wish list, so you got out of chat with us. Awesome, See how quickly she wrapped it up when you said you're from where.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 3: Could it be? Could it be? Times are ticking? All right, it's day Bob. Who's calling Christian? So far bed grills lies from a mountaintop in Wales. Let's find out who is on the line right now? Who's going to be Celebrity number twenty one? Good morning? Who's this?
Speaker 9: Hey, Christian? It's Chris Hemsworth.
Speaker 3: You called us, Chris?
Speaker 9: Thank you, ah, thank you for answering.
Speaker 3: No, that's quite right. We've been waiting all morning. I understand that Aaron, who is your pa, his dad John was kind enough to give us a call and said, look, I might better get Chris Hemmersworth to give you a call. And I've got to be honest with a little bit skeptical, like, yeah, come on, pull the other one. And then it was like he called yesterday and said, look, he might call you by the end of the show. And you're here. Thank you so much for doing this.
Speaker 9: Yeah, thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: So what have you done this morning? If you had to work out you've done a school run. What's this morning been like for you? Chris?
Speaker 9: I done school, breakfast and lunches and dressing three kids under the age of seven is a pretty chaotic morning. And then gone to school, out the door and back for this this lovely chat with you yourself.
Speaker 3: Mate, that's very good. Can you tell me this? The chaos of the school run is a nightmare. Okay, and you've got three kids as well. It's tough in my mind, all the three kids. They've got the official Marvel for lunch boxes. What's the reality, Chris, what's in the lunch boxes?
Speaker 9: Uh? So we've sent a fair amount of uh you know, the four T shirts and what what you know, lunchbox and so on from from Dsney and it felt very nice, but none of which you know, is very comfortable to take my kids the school wearing and that many occasion. Altho even walked out with the plastic hammer and it's just like, nah, I think this is this is probably drawing a little bit and it looks like I'm it looks like I've handed that represent well kid, I've had to sort of hide them.
Speaker 3: And it'd be hard if you had your dad who was thought you want to tell the whole school that my dad could come in here with this hammer and beat up your dad.
Speaker 9: Yeah, one of them was pretty keen on it. I'm pretty excited. The other two a bit a bit jaded by it at this point. So he's definitely my favorite. But wait, a tricky getting around now, Jack.
Speaker 3: And I who does the show with me? We were at UFC in February for the Whitaker fighter. Obviously pulled out, but we saw the Grit Anderson Silver fight and you were the opposite side of the octagon from us, so.
Speaker 9: I thought you and I were going to end up in a cage for a lot long. You looked across the across the.
Speaker 3: Two Star Cross lovers.
Speaker 9: That's right, and here we are finally.
Speaker 3: So you you obviously into the UFC.
Speaker 9: I love UFC. Yeah. I tried a bit of boxing, and you know, since I was pretty young, and then got right into the UFC and and and and kind of love it and obsessed and looking forward to the Wittaker you know, coming back and finding adis Onia later and later in the year. That's be pretty epic.
Speaker 3: Now, have you ever thought of giving it a go? Because I know someone who trains a lot at a great boxing gym in l A called Box and Burn, and I think you've been in there a couple of times. And he said that actually you can actually punch. You're a good boxer.
Speaker 9: Oh that's I'm really good at punting when no one's punching me back. Oh my classic Hollywood fighting. I get really confident when you're a bunch of stunt guys who aren't allowed to hit me. And I watched an edited version of a fight scene with music and special effects, and I'm like, I'm a killer.
Speaker 3: And what about your footie? I think you know, why don't you take a year out from acting and go and sign up for the Bulldogs?
Speaker 9: They need you, mate. It's funny. I've got to call up from Aaron actually John's son last week saying we're a couple of short can you come down and play. I gave it a think for a second and then I just thought I'd be stipered out. There can be an instant target.
Speaker 3: And if you actually did say going to play with the biggest footy game and because people want to see, okay, one thing being though it's low ki, what's it like playing foot Yeah?
Speaker 9: The shortest footy game.
Speaker 4: Are you talking about local footy, Chris, Like you would run out at a regional oval somewhere.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, yeah and get beer, can siwn at me and so on. I still like, I'm thirty six now and I still you know, I played a lot of footy when I was younger until I was about eighteen and desiccated my shoulder, and it was for a while a pretty sumous, you know, consideration career for me. And I don't know that anyone else thought it was, but in my mind I thought I could do this, I can play as well. And then I still kind of have that im and I'm like, yeah, that was. That was. It was a good while ago, and I don't think I quite have the the bounce in my step or the agility or the skill set.
Speaker 3: So because Chris Hemsworthy's really let yourself go, well, it's.
Speaker 9: All a show mate, it's it's all at.
Speaker 3: Its I don't know how functional any of it is, and great conspiracy theory that really you're just a big fat guy, it's all CGI.
Speaker 9: But then you see you see endgame, mate, that was no effects and that one that was showing power is truthfully here for a moment and what was it you?
Speaker 3: I think I read in the babies this week was your birthday? Over the weekend? Did you have a good birthday?
Speaker 9: I did it good fun. We just kind of laid low and had a surf and had the kids with us and down the beach and barbecue and it was quite a chill one that I'd sort of gone away previous years and had a bunch of people over and we kept pretty mellow. It was nice. I've just been, you know, on the road so much for the lowest not a lot of years, but particularly this year and home now for a stint. So just yeah, that's nobally dramatic. It was good.
Speaker 3: And tell me this, right, My wife always says, this is harder to buy a present for a guy than it is for a guy for a woman. What does your wife get you? You could treat yourself to anything. How did she actually get you for your birthday?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 9: She gave me the gift of time time away. She she's given me a surf trip and just said, whenever you want, you know, books a serf trip with your mates and go somewhere and have time out. And which was awesome because it's you know, if anyone has kids, it's a constant sort of negotiation with you know, when you can do things and you got the kids and so on. So I don't know where we're going to go yet, but that's on the cards in the future.
Speaker 3: But then, because you're so famous, how do you do that if you want to go on a boys trip? So always wondered like that because obviously you have a great life and you get to do amazing things because but at the same time, you still if you want to be with your buddies, you don't want all the paparazzi and all the fact that goes down. You just want to be with them, and it not to become an order. What do you do? Are you in disguise?
Speaker 9: Yeah? Well the two stories I had you go on a surf trip on it on a boat trip usually pretty good, and get away from that. We were in Thailand shooting and then in India and basically we had this special effects makeup artist who us had wanted Academy ward and so on, and we all started joking about could you give me like a prosthetic nose and a wig and making that and that you did and we went out one night and no one was any otherwise.
Speaker 3: I know, no one had a clue a great idea. Now I'm thinking, if I'm up at Bar and Bay and you see someone with a massive nose.
Speaker 9: Very strange the wig and had peric laughter at ten thirty at night, and then you'll go hang on, hang on. I feel like I threw more attention. It wasn't out of being excited. It was out of like, what's wrong with this guy?
Speaker 3: Whenever I see like in those men's health magazines, right, they always go through, you know, do the thoor workout, And I was watching some video of you doing this amazing looking workout. Surely, though, there must be some exercise as well as one exercise, even someone that has to stay in great shape for a bit, there must be that one exercise that you always hate doing, because there is, I think for anyone. I was in the gym yesterday, I was on that thing called this salt bike, and I actually just want to cry. There must be one exercising for you, Chris that you dread doing.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Distance, to me, a distance running is not my strength. I don't mind. You know, it's sprinting and short purse, but any sort of long term steady state cardios horrendous. So you won't catch me on a treadmill or running along the beach trip much further than twenty thirty steps.
Speaker 3: Also, I guess it's hard to run distance if you've got a faint nose on fake.
Speaker 7: Glasses week web which up in your eyes.
Speaker 3: You should be ringing your agent now and saying this in the next couple of movies. I just want to pay big fat people, Okay. I just want to be a bit of chubb it up for all future movies. Okay. I don't want to do any more gym workouts or anything like that. Chris, it's been really great that you've given us a call. The way this works is that everybody who gives us a call, they leave a question for the next celebrity, whoever it is. Yours comes from another Australian icon, a legend that is Olivia and John who called us about half an hour ago, and here's her question for Well, now, it's for for you. Haven't listen to this.
Speaker 21: My question would be when were you the happiest?
Speaker 3: So that's for you, Chris.
Speaker 9: Wow, that's in the whole thirty six years at one moment. Well, a recent memory. I'd say Sunday was pretty special. It was my birthday and I had we had, you know, a cake and barbecue the kids, and then right before dark I went down had a surf and didn't expect it to be any good, and it was incredible and the sun was setting and I was it was a couple of montes, my brother and it was that was that was that was pretty special. Was it my happiest moment my whole entire life. My wife would probably be pretty angry if I said yes, but you went an even more specially But.
Speaker 3: And to me, the age of your kids, what do they get? What the kids get you? Right? We know what your wife gave the gift of time? What the kids got? There he is where they're still making gifts or making cards where you're you got ten heads and this is your dad.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I love the fact that she's give me the gift of time. This she sounds like a wizard or something, doesn't.
Speaker 3: There's the next movie It's called the Gift of Time, and is you and your wife.
Speaker 9: My kids, my kids can get me anything now that you bring it up. Yeah, this is gone from the happiest weak to the worst. Well, actually, want of my kids bring a picture of a little dragon and so that was beautiful. But the other two, you know, when they get home from school, they're gonna have a talking to. It's like for them, they're excited because it's like, oh cool, it's your birthday. Where's the cake about them?
Speaker 3: What's the name of what's the name of the charity that you're calling the numb behalf of Chris.
Speaker 9: The Australian Foundation, which is a foundation that works for the prevention of child if you and raised awareness about issue and puts a big focus on the importance of a loving, safe environment to grow up in. And it's my parents have both worked in that field and with that charity for many years and so it was a big influence on my approach and where I found my values and Marie heart and passion and support and yeah, it's a pretty pretty wonderful place. They provide a lot of therapeutic counsel and care for kids that have suffered from any sort of abuse found the neglect, violence, trauma, etc.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks for letting to know about such a great charity. Obviously did to you and your mum and done your family as well. It's lovely to hear about that, and we need a question from you, Chris, for whoever calls us it. Maybe tomorrow, now, next week.
Speaker 9: Well maybe what was the most reckless thing you've ever done?
Speaker 3: The most reckless thing you've ever done? Chris? That's great.
Speaker 9: Did you talk to John about how we know each other?
Speaker 3: No? Well he just said about his son works with you. Is that right?
Speaker 9: He does? But I used to work for John John was. John is probably more responsible for my choice of career on my career path and anyone else because in the sort of soul searching the employment avenue of my life, I went and worked with him in his glazing factory glass actually, and thanks to him basically firing me, I didn't have to seek other options.
Speaker 3: Is that a true story.
Speaker 9: It's a true story. Yeah, I oh man, I was. I was shocking. Basically. I just loved the idea of like, oh yeah, the tradesman and hardworking. So the truth is, like my heart wasn't it. And I was in charge of a few jobs, one in particular, which I think there was a straw that broke I had. There's this big convey about machine they have to put the glass onto and it goes through this machine and washes and scrubs of the glass and comes out beautiful and shining, and so I'm lighting it up, thinking this is easy. I don't know worries, and all of a sudden a series of crash and explosions and cracking and so on. I forgot that the other end, I have to collect the glass and take it off, and so forty panels of glass lay piles. I didn't know what was just to get a coffee and I was just like, so he kept back and it's just piling out of the machine, and you know what's done. I think you've got to seek other options.
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 3: It's such a humble guy. He just called us two weeks ago and he was just already quiet guy and a lovely guy, and he said that some worked for you in it, and he'd been with for five years and he might be able to get you give us a call, but he didn't venture anymore.
Speaker 9: No, that was part of the deal to you know, take care of your son for the.
Speaker 3: Rest of.
Speaker 9: His business and his machine.
Speaker 3: That was that was the payoff Christmas. And anytime you want to whenever you're doing the rounds, you want to come in on the show. We'd love to have you back. It has been a real blast talking to you. I hope you enjoyed it as well. We've loved it absolutely.
Speaker 9: Thank you very much mate.
Speaker 3: And I will see you at UFC for the Witzaker Fight.
Speaker 9: I'll see you in the cage mate.
Speaker 3: All right. Chris Hemsworth, thank you very much for giving us a call. Take care, have a good day.
Speaker 9: Thanks buddy.
Speaker 1: The Christian oh' connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: That is it for us. We finally got Chris Hemsworth and wasn't he amazing?
Speaker 12: What done him?
Speaker 3: Funny, nice, charming guy? He was a joy.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry to John the listener who tracked Chris Hemsworth down that I called him crazy and I accused him of.
Speaker 3: Not being a real I think were possibly a liar.
Speaker 4: Sorry John, And how was that?
Speaker 3: He never told? What a great story he fired Christiamsworth? I mean tomorrow we got a phone in about did you fire anyone who went on to become big mildly famous. I've just got a story like that that you fired Chris Emsworth from being a glazier the glazying business, lost his acting's game, do you know what he's he is. He's all that's great about this crunch. He's a nice guy, you know, he's friendly, funny.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 3: I love that. I hope you really enjoyed listening to it. And that all came from listener John according in a favorite with his son Aaron, and he's stuck to his word as well. Yesterday here we go. This is I mean, we weren't sure about this.
Speaker 14: I spoke Baron again last night and he's guaranteed me that Chris will be on your show by in the show tomorrow. Guarantee you one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Good on you, John, Thank you very much. We're going to get John back on the show tomorrow to thank him. And so why do you tell us a story about firing Chris Hemsworth? All right, So anything can happen today and tomorrow and of course all next week. All the details are up online gold one a four to three dot com dot au. The one thing, hopefully that's proved the last four days with up to twenty one celebrities, is that people are doing this and they want to do it. They want to tell us about the charities and have a bit of a phone chat with us. As well. Here's what's happened on day four?
Speaker 15: Calling Day four and bear Grills called from a mountaintop in fifty k wins sports.
Speaker 5: What have I done to may File? They're coming up the hill right now, hot, I promise them we can watch. We only have a DVD player back in the house that you don't get normal telling, and we only have four DVDs. One is Police Academy one, the other Police Academy.
Speaker 3: Two, good Man.
Speaker 8: The third is how to pack your parachute like a probe and the fourth and they so please none of those again.
Speaker 5: And the fourth is About Time, which a great film, so we're going to watch that and that always makes people smile.
Speaker 15: The fabulous Adam Richards called in after his training run around the ten.
Speaker 17: I don't want to be completely embarrassed at, you know, crawling over the last half of the bridge when I'm still going to get to the opera house.
Speaker 3: I've always thought, you know, when you see people doing half mouth and and mouths, it must be so half mentally, when you see people who are dressed as a carrot and they go jogging past you as you're really struggling, you know, when they're in the outfit of the costumes.
Speaker 17: Or do you know what's even worse is when you're running around and some woman goes past you pushing her pram with twins in.
Speaker 3: Them, and that's the fifth time she's leaped to you as well, Ouzzy, I can't Olivia Newton, John, I used to be a super fan of yours in the eighties. I don't want to scape. I used to have your poster on my wall.
Speaker 10: It's lovely.
Speaker 21: What if you might be interested then that. I've got an auction coming up with all my older from a lot of stuff from the agies.
Speaker 3: What are you saying on ebout? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 21: It's on November second, and it's Julian Auctions and people can tune in on the internet and buy stuff from Greece and Xanadu and my concerts and you never know you might find something from that.
Speaker 15: Here Christian and listener John did manage to get us for the legendary Chris Hemsworth.
Speaker 3: I know someone who trains a lot at a great boxing gym in la called Box and Burn, and I think you've been in there a couple of times, and he said that actually you can actually punch you're a good boxer.
Speaker 9: I'm really good at play. Think when no one's touched me back, Oh, classic Hollywood fighting. I get really confident when with a bunch of stunt guys who aren't allowed to hit me. And I watched an edited version of a fight theme with music and special effects. I'm like, I'm a killer, calling.
Speaker 3: Christian, what a morning. Thank you very much everyone. He's trying to so hard to get various celebrities on. That's it for us, Huggy on the way, We're back to my morning with could be no one could be someone? Title of today's show. It's so hard. We're just trying to work out it's either King of the Bumpstairs, how to pack your parachute like a pro TikTok thor do you believe in thought you had me at skid Marks. I'm going to go with all of them, just to annoy the person has to label the podcast.
Speaker 4: It won't fit in the title. That's annoyed me as somebody who used to make the podcast. That's annoyed me. Pick one.
Speaker 3: Jaxon's told me, I'm glad I didn't hear that TikTok
Speaker 1: Or TikTok the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three