Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Every Friday, we do something called double thumbs up, where me chucking Patsko around the team to what the things were into at the moment.
Speaker 3: Patsy, what's it for you? Mate?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have checked out every one's go to on Netflix at the moment, which is America's Sweethearts the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders documentary.
Speaker 3: Ere the girls as are watching that at the moment and it's brilliant.
Speaker 4: Ah, yeah it is. For me, it was an eye opener, like this is just such a coveted position in cheerleading. There absolutely legendary this team, very very strict protocol and it's seen as such. It's a bit like winning a Brownlow in AFL and Australia for in the cheerleading world, Like it is massive if you make the side. But what I think what it was designed to do was to sort of emulate that and highlight that, put it up on a pedestal. But for me, what it's done is Wow, it's actually really like the body shaming the treatment of the cheerleaders. I think it's for me, it's more an expos They are paid so poorly. This isn't their full time job. All the girls have second jobs.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: There's one that's a dentist, another's palladive care nurse. So it's they want to do it obviously because they're doing it, but they're paid like five hundred bucks a game, and it's not like turning up for two hours on a Saturday and dancing on the field. It's like a full time job.
Speaker 5: They trained and think how money runs through that organization.
Speaker 2: But the history of it's really interesting because I saw the first episode past I didn't w it's a history of it where there weren't cheerleaders, and then one game, some cameraman cut to a woman smiling in the crowd who then did a dance, and a TV producer thought there needs to be a way to make it more excited because there's so many stops in play, and so I think there was one club that invented cheerleading. Dim't be buy a cameraman by accident. It was in the first episode. It's fascinating.
Speaker 1: Back in the sixties or something, yeah, you know, in the eighties there was a short period with the Carton Blues had a cheer letting squad they called I think they were called the Bluebirds.
Speaker 3: In the VFL game.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, I remember. One of Audrey's old dance teachers was a member of it, and in the dance studio there was a big photo of her in there. It was amazing. But yet this was I don't know. They're not on much money, they're not paid much. The body shaming is pretty I think rotten and but but it is interesting. It's very very interesting to see the whole guys and the other thing. I've got a hack this week. I washed my puffer jacket. I don't You can't get it dry clean, but you have to wash it. So I whack it in the machine. But you know how you get it all fluffy? Yeah, you put it in the dryer, But whack a couple of tennis balls in with it, because sometimes when you put it in the dryer, all the down clumps together.
Speaker 3: It doesn't it's ruined. No, it's no longer puffy.
Speaker 4: Yes, no, put two or three tennis balls in there, and I tell you it will come out like you. I've done all of our puffer jackets.
Speaker 5: What's the science, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Is it fluffing up like fists and a pillow.
Speaker 5: It goes around great hack.
Speaker 3: Where do you get that from?
Speaker 5: The tos No no?
Speaker 4: I saw it on Google somewhere. I don't know how I came across it, and I thought, I'm going to try that and it works.
Speaker 3: Jackie boy, what are you into this week?
Speaker 5: I watched a great documentary Wednesday night. I was at the premiere of Ned Brockman's documentary clock Run. From the time that he ran.
Speaker 2: Really googled, they really saw brainstorm what to call it?
Speaker 3: How very Australian run.
Speaker 5: It has done a little more cleverly in text because his name is Ned with a double D on the end and Brockman with a double N, so they've called it run.
Speaker 3: Are un Oh? I see?
Speaker 2: And is this explained on the Is this like a subside or parenthesis?
Speaker 5: That is honestly one of the most inspirational documentaries I've ever seen. It is incredible. So we know that he ran, so he ran from Perth to Bondo Beach over forty seven days.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: And it is as you as you would imagine, intense but like nothing you've ever seen before. And the will of that man is incredible. If you want an instant.
Speaker 3: Here human what he managed to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you want to get inspired about anything you do in your life, I watched this documentary. I couldn't sleep on Wednesday night because I was so pumped up. Afterwards, I had to use my adrenaline for something.
Speaker 3: Use it for some of the shows. Sometimes I thought.
Speaker 5: I was hoping you noticed it turring through to the morning we heard.
Speaker 2: Those time wastes yesterday. Go back and watch Inspiration. It's got a real short shelf life, isn't it that that inspiration or that adrenaline.
Speaker 5: So that is released this coming Tuesday on Ko and the and on foxtail as well. It's called Run the Brockman Documentary.
Speaker 3: All right, two quick ones for me.
Speaker 2: One of the Beverly Hills cop movie on Netflix is so good, excellent, f it's so good.
Speaker 5: Firstly, I saw the billboard for it. Eddie Murphy hasn't aged, so I thought it was just, oh, we'll just put up a before I did.
Speaker 2: First it was Ai and they've just made it anyway without Eddie.
Speaker 3: But he looks he.
Speaker 5: Was a new movie because that's the same.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought they just had airbrush like the original Eddie. You know, I didn't realize it's a new one. It's called ax LEF. I love Beverly Hills Company came out. I didn't realize Eddie Murphy, he's only twenty two. Wow, twenty two when the original one came out, and it just changed comedy and I really enjoyed ax Left is very.
Speaker 3: Very from it.
Speaker 4: It's on the same soundtrack as the original as well, which.
Speaker 2: Is full to my one as well. Yeah, it's very very good. I love Eddie Murphy, but it's very good. And the other thing is Jack Talking about sports documentaries, there's a new TV series on Apple TV about the New England Patriots, Tom Brady and Bill Belichick, is.
Speaker 3: Called The Dynasty. It is barely believable story that went on at that club. It's an incredible watch.
Speaker 5: You have to be in the NFL. I never understood.
Speaker 2: No, I don't remember of it. Do you know what tight end is? I don't, but I keep going that they've got to sort those wide receivers out.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what I'm looking at. Sometimes it's the catches it.
Speaker 5: I know, Tom Brady throws.
Speaker 2: That's what I said to my wife. All you need to She was like, Oh, what's happening here? And I didn't want to show my grance. When he throws the ball and he's paid a fortune, the other guys get mushed up, but not Tom Brady.
Speaker 3: All right, let's watch it well. Christian know Connell's Show podcast