Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian Show podcast. I know this hour the first hour of the show six or seven. A lot of the hard working trade's you already not only just on the road, you're heading to site, you're at work and I need trades to give me a call this morning after you listen to this problem that I brought in. I've recorded it yesterday at home. I else we live in. It's got one of these that they have flaps in the inducted heating. That's it ducted eating inducted vacuum. You can brush something into the skirting board, it opens up and he goes feel like.
Speaker 2: The hairdresses have for the hair.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've ever heard of.
Speaker 1: It's just got it. The other half lived, well, how's the tesla.
Speaker 3: Compared to a vacuum in the wall, So I don't.
Speaker 1: Always called like duncted vacuum or something. Right as ware does it go? I don't know. Somewhere in the garage there's a big yeah, a big drum, Patsy right, and okay, this keeps happening like every day. Now it's just a flap. Just it's like it's haunted like in the movie Ghostbusters. All where just it just it's opening up. Normally you kick it and it opens and you brush I don't know whatever you want to brush in there, don't care.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's broken because you keep kicking it.
Speaker 1: No, no, you have to kick it to open it. This just keeps, it just keeps opening itself. So you're just chatting. A sudden it just goes booh. I just start sucking in nothing. Then it closes of its own corn and then over to you. I mean bucky to but I can't get in the skirting board right, I'm not. The fraggles start rooting around it, and I can't shrink myself in like that ns Quaid movie in a space right. So at the moment, you know songs, as we have something, there's a work around, just because I don't even know what to do. I don't even know who to call. I don't know who goes so uh, I've just got a dumbbell wedged up against this flap so it doesn't open right, and it's right, it's right next by the oven. So it's it's an absolute nightmare for everyone to walk in the kitchen and use because there's a great big dumb bell. It's not just a numbel. It's a kettlebell, which are quite unusual shape with a hand or it looked it looks bad, and people stubbing their toes and I don't know what to do. Why would this be opening and closing of its owner? Court tradees that and then all day long? Can anyone tell me what's going on? If you can, please book Christian O'Connell show podcast. Did everyone in this city dig out their sort of winter clothing yesterday? Yeah? I think it was that. It felt like the scene in our house of my wife was like, can you get all the hats and gloves sorted up? Please? What are we going an expedition or something? We're going to start to need them now. And in the house yesterday evening, everyone's known about how cold it was. Everyone's like putting on their hoodies. The whole team included, We've all come into work today with our hoodies. It's hoodies. It's hoosie season now, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I like your idea of making show merchandise.
Speaker 1: Hoodies every hoodie. Don't you feel ice in a hoodie? I don't know when it's too tight.
Speaker 3: No, it's got to be bagging up.
Speaker 1: Who's everyone everyone sizes up. Do you like wearing a hoodie? Perts? I can't imagine you in a hoodie? What you know what when like a mad monk?
Speaker 3: No, when I did wear a hoodie, you bagged me out for it.
Speaker 1: I do regard, I do remember you know how certain certain looks just start certain people a hoodie.
Speaker 3: In the newsroom. You're not turning on Hitchinger and he's.
Speaker 1: Wearing a hoodie. He's not wearing a hoodie. Go cold today, check out the news hoodie, subscribe and like, and don't be sure to wear my Fisachi soup. That's what we're normally used to. Okay, so trades, I need you help. In the you'd call it the kickboard. Yeah, in the kitchen, there's a flap, right, there's a smaller than letter box and we already use it. But it's it's a flap. You kick the side of it and opens up. You can brush rubbish into it. Not actual robbish. There's many, just sort of dust. I guess. Anyway, keeps opening and closing. So during the day you just said this, the flat will open like it's haunted. Just go and then open up, going and then close. And my wife said, can you sort this out? And I'll just record it and play on the radio. Sh there's an easy way to do this. Well, you know anything, I didn't know where to go on Google. I don't know what that thing is called. I don't know how it works. All I know is there's that and then there's a great, big, mysterious cylinder in the garage, and I believe the two talk to each other. Right, I don't know how to go into the cylinder opened it up. My wife said you might need to change the bag and went, okay, cool. The moment you got I went, I will blow this house up.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 1: I blow torch into it. So does anyone know what is Kevin's on the line? Now? We might start a weekly feature called ask a Trady, where you just record the sound of something going wrong, send it in to us, and we will get the trades to help us out, because tradies love sharing the knowledge. Kevin, Hi, Christian, how are you? I'm good buddy? Do you know what that thing is? Can you help me out? So?
Speaker 4: It's a dusted vacuum system them and the slap on the front of the kickboard is like just the mechanism which you can open and close to allow the dust to go in and out. I think the spring on the back has come loose or broken. It's quite easy to remove this couple of screws on the front man.
Speaker 1: Yes, for this man springs screws, screwdriver cross ones.
Speaker 4: So I'm sure you could, Kevin.
Speaker 3: This is a man who got somebody over his house to hang pictures on the wall.
Speaker 1: There's some more pictures need to go up and just get that go back, and I know you and your girl friend listen and eas your background tomorrow, mate, there's three new pictures go up. I will say I will literally lower the cost of that house any time the drill comes out. So he goes, where are you going with that? Where you are? You're playing in the garden with its fine? You're stringing into the backyard? Is vibe?
Speaker 2: Don't walk away from the doors. Could you get your kids to come around and fix it with me? But sure, so, Kevin, it's the spring, is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I believe it's a spring. It might be it's all plastic. So is it something plastic broken on it? You can easily pick up a new part and just install that.
Speaker 1: Oh god, no, no, no, that dumb belt staying there. Kevin, you've helped to not help, but have a nice weekend. Thank you. Bring the kids, Rube to my one o'clock. It's good for me. Between one and
Speaker 2: Two Christian Connell's Show podcast