Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast is Mildurn's gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three friends, it is Christian here. So the show you're about to hear marks my twenty years have done breakfast radio. And all I wanted to do is just a little short message systemply say thank you wherever you listen to the show, thanks to supporting what I do. I'm very lucky to have you in my life and do this. I love it so much. And the last six months, as you've probably heard, if you heard bits and bobs and dropped in and out of the show, it's been a the most violent roller coaster I've ever been on my life. But it's also been the most exciting thing I've ever done in my life. And having your support, your emails, knowing that you're still there England and America and India, Philippines, it's just unbelievable. I know some of you have been listening to me for a long time, like long suffering listeners, Thanks for that, and some of you a bit more recent thank you as well. But I just want to say thank you. I'm really really blessed to have this in my life, and I hope you still enjoyed the show. Here's today's podcast, But all I wanted to say was thank you. I love getting your emails as well. Christian at Gold one oh four three dot com dot AU, thank you and enjoy this show. It's a pretty good one actually.
Speaker 3: Live from level to twenty one to thirty one Wood Street writchmen, this is the Christian Oh, come All Breakfast show on Northern's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I just get myself together after hearing that, I like it. Brat's lit. We could form a top ten words you never thought you'd hear on Gold one oh four point three. Lit is number one.
Speaker 4: I guess seven year old help me with that last night.
Speaker 2: I still don't even know what is the right context to use that in. I tried to do, say, a couple of months ago to the kids, and they went, that's not even how you say it. You wouldn't use it in that We were we were out but pizza and I went, these are lit, and they went, you wouldn't say that about food. Dad fail? Yeah, Dad failed? All right? Then on this morning show, then we got drilling in the name I've comed up in half an hour's time, brand new song for you to try and work out on the drill. You can win a toddle of the range worth over seven hundred dollars to walk drill. Also, we got twelve days of Christmas twenty four hours on from me, you know, using half an out of the radio show to help out. Jack picked some presents from his dad. He's got about guess how many of the twelve books I suggested that you get this old man, he's actually bought in the last twenty four hours. Pats zero. No, it's actually bookstore.
Speaker 5: Come on, I went straight from the radio station in the bookstore.
Speaker 6: I got four. They only had four of the titles.
Speaker 2: Four. But you're in a bookshop. Just get a load more.
Speaker 6: How to know each other ones to get well?
Speaker 2: Ask the people in the bookshop. Do you go to that one down on South Street's a beautiful bookshop? That this?
Speaker 6: Yeah's nice?
Speaker 2: Isn't it really really nice bookshop? Why do you ask their recommendations? He the people who work in bookshops are desperate for you to go. Can you help me? Really?
Speaker 5: I already felt I was bugging him by going bringing out my laptop and going, I need twelve books.
Speaker 2: No, they're struggling now with people buying books online. Why would you bugging a guy who sells books asking can I buy a load of books?
Speaker 4: You're keeps you get out with.
Speaker 2: Your bloody book requests.
Speaker 6: I'm on the hand for the other eight today, but.
Speaker 2: You got twenty four hours. This is birthday tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's why I can't buy them online. Got to go on.
Speaker 2: Driving round bookshops. You're a bit late getting in this morning, and I was wondering where you were. Now I know you were driving around bookshops peering in through the window. Part See there's nothing coming through the book wise as there is a load of break ins and bookshops. No not Yeah, the chat you break in, but you'd leave money behind the counter, Thank you. I just needed to get It's birthday also on today's show. Then today is the anniversary. I've been in Breakfast Ready for twenty years. Today the twenty eighth of November. Back in. You know what it's like, guys, surviving in breakfast radio.
Speaker 7: It's like swimming with sharks and some monumental effort. It is well done, Christian, But.
Speaker 2: You've got more years on the board than me. You're a true survive in twenty years is a lightweight. I'm a white belt compared to your black belt doing it forty seven years? Is it?
Speaker 4: I feel like it is.
Speaker 2: She's a radio How many years have you been doing it?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: Nearly thirty?
Speaker 2: I think I tell my wife this year, say, because you're a young lady, what should you start at nine seventeen seventeen? What you were reading news at seventeen? Yes?
Speaker 6: And going to school?
Speaker 2: Yes? No, I think the studies took about now. Now I understand why sometimes she doesn't understand something. I didn't know what was the word yesterday, she didn't know it at fomo. I'd love this morning to find someone who's actually been working for the same company, doing the same job more than twenty years, and breakfast earlier. Obviously, you haven't worked for the same radio station for twenty years. That's just impossible. I'd love to find someone who has been doing the same longer than twenty years. Because our generation of our parents, they did that, didn't They They started a job and they did that job until they retired. That was it. They didn't really flick around like we do now. So if that's you, let me know this morning on nine one four three. Also, you have got me into trouble me. Yeah, you have got me into that. You have created a situation that has embarrassed me because there's something you said on the show yesterday. I've now got to un screw.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So am I a mere lightweight today? I'm ok twenty years of doing this breakfast radio, but obviously not working continuously during that twenty years for the same radio station. You know, It's like people move around and if you're a radio DJ and stuff like that. And however, I'm sure there's people listening this morning already on the way to work, might be ready to work right now, who have been working longer than twenty years for the same company. Rob's on the line. I think that might be you.
Speaker 8: Coome morning Rob, Yes, good morning, Christian. How are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I'm pretty good, Rob. So, who have you been working for?
Speaker 8: Well, I've worked for a lot of road contractors, but I worked for Estridge and minter And for twenty three years.
Speaker 2: Twenty three years. And do you get any kind of loyalty? I know some companies they do if you've been working for them for ten years, you get some kind of bonus and then twenty years.
Speaker 8: No, sorry, I didn't know, like they couldn't an the road after you. Yeah, they could have could have gave me a gold watch, but I've never got that either.
Speaker 2: Not all right? And where are you on your way to this morning? You're digging up some road or what are you up to?
Speaker 8: Yes, I'm actually back working with Age Contractors and I used to work with him, and I'm back with him. I was just only been back six months. I've been I used to work for them for five years. So yeah, I'm back there at money.
Speaker 2: It's UNI right, Okay, it feels like we've got radio LinkedIn right now. We're just updating everyone's cvs.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rob, thank you very much. She coll have a good day now, whereas they do in the Davo. A pretty good you on the road already, ah certainly? Yeah. What are you in right now? That emptying the bins?
Speaker 9: I mean, what is it?
Speaker 2: Why don't you know you just drive around just picking up bins five days a.
Speaker 5: Week, driving down the food with no bins and no one had rubbish this week?
Speaker 2: Now? Actually, this is this is very fortuitous to speak to you this morning. Yeah, they didn't take away. Well, they didn't empty out the black bins in my green bin yesterday. Why would they not do that?
Speaker 9: Maybe they had a driver off and they'll do it today, or they've.
Speaker 2: Done half the street and then they've left, like a couple of them. They didn't do mine, and it was near the curb. It wasn't overflowing.
Speaker 9: What's the may they were too heavy? You know, castled have scaled on their tracks and if they're over a certain weight they put them down again and leave them.
Speaker 2: Is that true? Oh?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Why is that?
Speaker 5: Some people don't put like a big concrete slab in there or something.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're not buried one of the old workers on the reno of you.
Speaker 9: Congratulations only twenty years Christian.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. That's very kind. So how long you've been there? A god? But how long I've been doing that.
Speaker 9: I've been doing it for thirty four years, but I've been with the same company for twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is incredible. Tell me this. Do you get Christmas tips?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 9: Not any more?
Speaker 10: Years?
Speaker 9: Two years again?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I once for a summer job, right, I did it for six weeks. I was a bin man and it was over Christmas. And this was back in the day when you used to earn you guys, because its hard work, right, doing what you do is backbreaking workers before they had those arms, your st to have to lug the stuff on the back yourself. I've never been as fit. I was so fit doing that, more than ever going to the gym. But I'm telling you now, they aren't a fortunate Christmas time.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well were two years ago. Come home with a trackload of beer every year at Christmas time. But these days you like you if you get one study.
Speaker 5: You know, I've been putting my tip in the garbage bin for you every year.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, come on, yeah, I've been looking for it, that old chestnut. Come on now, all right, and Danshy Kilm, I have a good day work where you are.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, So we're trying to find out who has been in the same job for the longest amount of time. At the moment, we're up.
Speaker 6: To twenty eight years with Ian the garbo.
Speaker 2: All right. Then after all those years, didn't know where he was just driving around. Maybe he got five five years ago driving around like a mania empty road beIN.
Speaker 5: On his pushback with the basket in the bag, trying to take us, take people for rubbish.
Speaker 2: Mark, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 10: Question. How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good mate, welcome to the show. Are you well this morning?
Speaker 10: Very well?
Speaker 6: Thank you excellent?
Speaker 2: And so long have you been doing your job?
Speaker 10: Thirty three years?
Speaker 2: Wow? Wait Jack, talk that one up. Thirty three years? And what have you been doing? Mark?
Speaker 10: I've been a show for the contry General Japan in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Get in impressive. So you are his personal driver? Cha?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 2: And so have You've got to go on those advanced driving courses where if anyone tries to get hold of him anything, you can get out of there and evade.
Speaker 10: Yes, done that, Yes, done that? Yes?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 10: Oh? I did the trying?
Speaker 2: Oh right, soone tried to grab and you were like not am I watch mate? Fifth game.
Speaker 6: Reversing through the streets of Melbourne, going.
Speaker 2: Up on two wheels.
Speaker 6: Years So you have done that and I'm not sure changed.
Speaker 10: I'm on a class track.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, gotcha? Okay? And jobrot that is it interesting? You've got any good stories?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Wow? What goes on in the car stays on in the car. But I've been to all the best places in Victoria and bring in the car park of them all they've actually going.
Speaker 2: But do you know what I next year, New Life going. I'm going to make sure the book is published all the best places of Victoria in the car. Mark, just give us a taste of what are like one or two of the best car parks you've.
Speaker 10: Been into in the Government House, some of the restaurants in Melbourne. Yeah, you know, all that sort of places.
Speaker 2: What do you think makes a great car park a.
Speaker 10: Public convenience?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Wide car parks.
Speaker 5: Would you say sometimes car packs are too thin and you have trouble getting into the space.
Speaker 10: Well not no, normally, normally, because of diplomatic privileges, we can just abit park in away.
Speaker 2: Do you know what, is there any way you can get me one of those passes you return for the Golden ticket. I can help you, you help me out. I love you can just dump that car anywhere.
Speaker 10: Basically, Yeah, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Isn't it amazing?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Mark, that's you cool. Look forward to that book coming out.
Speaker 10: Thank you by a right good man.
Speaker 2: I remember last year parking in a car park in a shopping center and there were signs up everywhere. Five years running we've won europe being car Park of a Year and I'm like, it's just a flipping car park. Why are you Europe's best car park?
Speaker 6: And who's holding the awards?
Speaker 2: How did they judge that? Carol's on the line. Good morning, Carol, Good morning the morning, Carol. So can you top thirty three years there for our chauffeur to the Japanese Consulate?
Speaker 11: No, I might be able to do that with forty seven.
Speaker 2: Get in my drop. Forty seven years, seven years? What are you in an INSPIRER bodyguard? You sound like?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 12: I work in the account's department of the straying wall testing.
Speaker 2: Have already right, okay, and you've been there forty seven years?
Speaker 10: Yeah, forty seven And so what did.
Speaker 2: You start doing?
Speaker 11: Just accounts?
Speaker 2: And you've stayed doing account Do you sometimes just stay on that Excel sheet? Just want to get that laptop and throw it through the window and go rogue?
Speaker 10: No, no, love it?
Speaker 2: Love it? Do you?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 12: You quite enjoy it?
Speaker 10: You ring up people tell them to pay their debts.
Speaker 2: It's okay. So don't you find that jack jacket is the same with any any company. Even at radio station. People that run the account's department are gods, aren't they. They're just the kind of elite. They sometimes don't even sit on the same floor as the rest of the radio station. You're kind of like your own little island, aren't you, the account's department. Yeah, and you speak your own language. I read it. When someone says you've got a problem with your paycheck, they go, you're going to go and need to speak to accounts. Oh no, oh no, you know they control everything.
Speaker 5: You know, they don't have a bit of a reputation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I'm talking about Carol. All right, thanks you cool mate, Well.
Speaker 11: Done, Thank you.
Speaker 2: So we've got to beat.
Speaker 1: Forties years the Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So that I was going someone doing this breakfast radio for twenty years, but loads of you been doing the same thing for the same company for way longer. We're up to forty seven years for our accountancy friend we speak to early for the wall testing company. Yep, I've got someone who can top that now. Heather, Good morning, good morning, how are you. I'm good, Heather. I hope you well. This morning.
Speaker 13: I'm very well, thank you excellent.
Speaker 2: So how many years you've eve been in your job? Can you beat forty seven?
Speaker 12: I'll have been here fifty years, just after Christmas.
Speaker 2: Half century. That is incredible. It's a lot better than your our cricket team can do at the moment. But oh yeah, thank you Heather.
Speaker 5: What do you do mate, Well, I started as a lab technician, but now I do all the company's internal audits and writing up reports for customers.
Speaker 2: And then so are you an accountancy as well?
Speaker 13: No, not accountancy, laboratory laboratory testing cables.
Speaker 2: How do you test a cable?
Speaker 1: Well, you put electricity through it.
Speaker 2: End of test.
Speaker 6: A switch.
Speaker 2: All right, Heather, have a good day testing cable.
Speaker 14: I will thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Is it me always that sound rude? But it isn't. But have a good day testing cable? Doesn't sound right.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: This has been a hit this week. Then we're doing this. It's drilling in the name of drilling, in the name of all Right, here's that works. Then each morning you got to guess what the song is on the d walk drill This is a drill you can win. It's a two piece to Walt's Yellow and Black Friday Kit, valued at seven hundred and sixteen dollars. It's the ultimate drill. Before you had this drill, you'll be a different person. Win this to Walt, you'll be a brand new person. Brushless, you heard me, brushless? Two speed hammer, got the three speed impact driver, multi voltage charger and battery. What kind of drill you're using on that reno? If you had one of these, it had been done a year ago.
Speaker 6: How's gone?
Speaker 2: Nick? A drill? Of course they've stole a lot of stuff.
Speaker 6: I'm thinking of.
Speaker 2: Taking that one. We've been one that we've been drilling with.
Speaker 6: The sounds, and if that goes missing, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You've got it all right? So this was yesterday's song you were guessing? Recognize it's this. We could make a whole album of these songs. So great, Brandy one this morning? What song is this? What do you reckon? That is? Nine? Four one four, one oh four three one more time? All right, give us a cool we'll take your guesses.
Speaker 1: Next The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Killing in the name of this is ending Friday. I'm annoyed. I wanted to continue next week because I love doing these. So each morning I got to guess what the song is on the drill, So an email me yesterday works in radio in Australia. I want to know are we using sound effects or was it made using an actual drill? It wasn't made using an actual drill modeled by you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's right. I'm in there in the booth zi zi zim in a way.
Speaker 2: I think that's a technical tool. Don't think trades. I don't think go. It's gonna be the old zip zip zip.
Speaker 6: That screwing for me.
Speaker 2: I wonder that rhino is taking fifteen years? All right? What's this morning song? Yes, the old zip zip zim in. This is the song this morning. Dave's on the line, you reck. Can you got the right answer?
Speaker 7: Dave?
Speaker 2: What is it? Mate? Good morning?
Speaker 13: Good morning mate? Or I hope I have Is it another one bite to dust by Queen.
Speaker 2: Get in today? Well done? Awesome, you've won this. It's worth that was seven hundred dollars. It's an amazing Are you a trading Dave? What do you do?
Speaker 13: I'm not a trading mate, actually work out on Melbourne Jet Base with all the aircraft parts and stuff like that. But I do a lot of handyman stuff at home, so this would be perfect.
Speaker 6: There you go, mate, the dual can fix an airplane. Don't worry about that.
Speaker 2: Oh boeing seven balls seven those big birds up in the air with the old zip zip zibb in wins On. I understanding you have you broken your drill? I have.
Speaker 13: I was working on the four B the other night and I kicked it out of the back and it cracked and it is stuffed. So this has come at a perfect time.
Speaker 2: There you go, mate, You've scored a yellow and Bracker Friday to Waltz worth over seven hundred dollars. Well done, Dave Riper.
Speaker 13: Thank you very much, mate, appreciate it all right.
Speaker 2: We thank you. We had no wrong answers right. That has annoyed me. So there's one that we thought we weren't going to play this week because it's too hard. That's coming on tomorrow.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four.
Speaker 2: Come on this out then, Facebook Marketplace. I'm telling you now, one of the greatest items ever to appear on Facebook marketplace. It's amazing. It will put some shade on the own your own crematorium, don't we to go? Which people still say to me, how you made that right? No, no, no, this is an amazing thing. It will be my new cement mixer into When you hear about it, you go, we need to own that item. So that's all the way in about half an hour's time, after eight we mentioned we wanted to this yesterday after we just started talking about how as every year you get older and your mom and dad get older, their behavior gets crazier and crazier. So after it's got this morning, we're going to know a bit of phone lines here your story about how crazy your parents are. Even yesterday's catch up with my dad, he's very excited, just under six weeks until he makes his debut here in Australia, desperate to come on the show.
Speaker 6: And meet your all in like in as a guest.
Speaker 2: I know he won't be doing that after the show and it should be kept away from microphones. Damage you could do. Oh no, no, no, no.
Speaker 6: No, no, come way to me.
Speaker 2: I can only show after the show. Eccentric, strange man. So anyway, crazy parents are coming up after eight o'clock. So Jack has been doing a thing which I dread doing right honestly, Pats, I think it's a lot easier for women to organize meeting up because you do this quite a lot. You meet up for coffees and stuff like that, whereas when men do this, it's a nightmare.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to get a group of ten guys together that I went to high school with for our Christmas end of year catch up, and I'm group to.
Speaker 2: Bring them all in it.
Speaker 5: Is, and because none of them ever put their hand up to organize that, and I feel like I'm always left with like, all right, I have got some resemblance of being able to organize people will get us to get.
Speaker 2: So what are you doing it? You're doing it on Facebook or you're doing it via the dreaded group.
Speaker 5: Email starts on Facebook, which is you know, we've got a group of all the friends, and only half the people reply, and then some he says, I can't do this day, can't do this day.
Speaker 2: That's it, that's it. Where I just want to give up, and there was I can't do tuesdays. My wife's got zumba the townel night, and you're like, how did men ever organize anything? How do we even organize the d Day landings? You know you need a Churchill going. I can't. We can't do it on the Wednesday. I've got to pick the kids up. Susie's got zumba after nine, so we have to invade on the Thursday. Have they sought the last super out? That was a lot of guys. Saint Peter can't do Tuesdays, you know the girls.
Speaker 5: Honestly, one of the excuses that I'm battling at the moment. Everybody can do December eighteen except one guy. It's my night to pick up our twins.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's evolution. It's natural selection. Boss. He falls by the wayside. Yeah, that's it. See you, Bob.
Speaker 6: You so you reckon exclude people because only a small group.
Speaker 2: Themselves. You have to go for the greater good at the end.
Speaker 5: You've got to be ruthless, save the group because it's the ones who never organized anything, had a most vocal about what we're doing, and right.
Speaker 2: They're the whiners, and they're the ones you sort of all that. You get your asswers to the restaurant they didn't know how many man hours you wasted on this. Then they get there and look at the bill and go anyone else, see anythink the knights eat here? You for not just punching them? Honestly?
Speaker 10: Was?
Speaker 2: I think it's a lot easier with women until there's a key point to when you meet up with food with women? Until what part the bill? You ever seen women sorting out the bill? I didn't. I didn't. I didn't drink. I just had I just had water. Chater, I just had. I just had water. Just split it. No, they don't. I seen you.
Speaker 4: You my girlfriends do know.
Speaker 2: I just had to. I said it because you because you drink, did you have the start to start? So I'll just put a nine point eight of it in thank you.
Speaker 6: I'll tell me to say that.
Speaker 5: That happens in guys groats as well, because in our growth there's always a missing like twenty three dollars, so all the money goes in.
Speaker 6: Understand then you have to get it out.
Speaker 2: And the worst a guy who won't chip in their work, that's the worst.
Speaker 1: Split The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: My wife has asked me to get something right. And it feels like one of those bits of technology. I wouldn't even I wouldn't even call it technology that the world has moved on from a landline.
Speaker 6: Don't need it, you don't need it, don't do it.
Speaker 2: That's what I was saying yesterday. Right, we've got four iPhones in this house, state of the art, mega computers in our hands. Why do we need the clunky old I'm gonna go and buy the handset, that big old unit. It's the biggest thing in the house now, isn't.
Speaker 5: I'll give you a case study of the last two years, a case study.
Speaker 2: Right now. You've got some PowerPoint and some clip up for us. I think Will Anderson has gone, hey, I've got some funny stuff. There. Got a couple of case studies, Ed and dust.
Speaker 6: I've been back at home with love and dad for all those two years.
Speaker 2: So it is just a case study. The case I'm the case study. You are that. Yeah, they have not They never ring out.
Speaker 5: Nobody ever rings out from it. And the only people who ring in telemarketers or the phone company.
Speaker 2: I have the land line.
Speaker 4: We got rid of ours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and doesn't even sound like an old thing. As well a line that goes through the land. It's all about Wi Fi, isn't it? Four G No, I'd like to I need to speak to you through a line through land, under sea, through mountains only then. I don't even know why she thinks we need to learn on Who are we going to speak to? If I called you from my landline to your phone, you wouldn't get you wouldn't pick up because it mean I know number. Why do we need a land line?
Speaker 4: Is it is it cheaper to call back home?
Speaker 2: No, she says, we just need in case people can't get hold of us and one of our four mobiles. What is so desperate that people need to contact us one of four different numbers that we need a landline.
Speaker 5: I can't even imagine you going around and giving out your landline number piece of paper.
Speaker 2: I shot that text up on a WhatsApp group. None of you going, Oh, I better get his ancient landline.
Speaker 6: Just in case we can't get onto any of them.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to get his grid coordinates as well as long Tude and Latin latitudes. We can put them as well. However, are the people in this DN age listen to this right now? Who are looking at me and going, no, you're crazy. I use my landline a lot. They're probably people that don't have mobiles that prefer to use land lines. If that's you, please call us from your landline. Nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So we're talking about landlines this morning. My wife has asked me this week to go and buy the handset, the old, big giant landline handset. Apparently, after six months living here in Melbourne, we urgently need a landline. I don't know who we're gonna chat to on you.
Speaker 5: You'll never call out from it, you'll never call, I'll never have trust me.
Speaker 2: If I've got this landline, I'm going to become a new wave. I'm going to start insisting on only conducting business on my landline.
Speaker 5: Are going because the reason I thought you were going to say, prank call sitting by the night stand.
Speaker 2: Hello, it's huge lass here calling mose Bar. Perhaps he loves some of those pranks so much her kind of radio. All right, so wan to know do you still have a landline? Enzo? Good morning?
Speaker 11: More than Christian, Hey buddy, do you.
Speaker 2: Know what this is? Crystal clear? So are you calling on your landline now?
Speaker 11: I am indeed?
Speaker 2: And where about you calling from? Nor LiLine Joan Gerelong? Now do you need the landline because otherwise you can't contact anyone my kids?
Speaker 11: Reckon, it's so funny. I'm so prehistoric with the landline. But the package I got years ago was landline, International calls, Internet and machine own account. So I've just kept it and left it alone.
Speaker 2: And do you only call people from your landline? You won't call from your mobile or anything? Mate?
Speaker 11: Oh no, no, I use a mobile twenty four to seven, just the landline. I get all the telemarketers and I call international because it's a lot cheaper to call overseas AH radio.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you very much, Enzo Nor.
Speaker 5: Thank you for see I'm telling you, it's just it's telemarketers who will enter your life.
Speaker 4: You'll be bomparted.
Speaker 2: I've just seen here, just looked at the phone system and the producers have handley labeled this up for me. We've got this one that it's like a really state of the art phone system like all radio shows, and they're just labeled here. This is great to know this information producers. Karen's calling from Australia. That's so helpful to narrow it down like that. You couldn't ask where, so I guess it's a village. Also, it's not a surprise anyone. Well, guys, get excited. Karen's on the line from guess where Australia? Well down producers, a dream team, and there they are hard at work. Another one calling from Australia. He's putting on all these Australian listeners. Go figure. All right, let's go to lines now, all right, Karen, good morning.
Speaker 6: Good morning.
Speaker 15: How are you currently?
Speaker 2: Are you calling from Australia? I'd line?
Speaker 12: I'm not actually on my land line, all.
Speaker 2: Right, but you use it quite a lot.
Speaker 16: We use it.
Speaker 12: It's only for the alarm system. So someone breaks into the house, the landline calls our mobile.
Speaker 2: Does it?
Speaker 14: Then?
Speaker 2: What you're gonna do it? Going? Hey, listen as someone downstairs kicking in your windows. Oh god, I want the landline to call the police.
Speaker 6: Can you stop them? I can't do anything on the phone.
Speaker 2: I'm just a landline. I mentioned technology. People don't even like me anymore. You chill me, you do what you hear? Something to night did you hear that? Don Hell, I was going to show watch out. We've got landline. I can get out. Landline picks up on. This is going to call my mobile, So hey mobile, can you help downstairs?
Speaker 6: The only way when help is to bludgeon and intruder.
Speaker 2: Karen. Thanks, you have a good day.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Time for this week's Facebook Marketplace. The prices right, it's.
Speaker 17: The Facebook Marketplace. Price is right, Patrina Jones, come on post, come on Don.
Speaker 2: And here's your host, Christian Oh, come on all right? This out works then each week and many of you contribute to this feature as well, so thank you very much for that. You can play along easily. Go on Facebook Marketplace. If you see any tat that people are selling on there, do you think might be funny, send it over to me Christian at God one four to three dot com dot au. So basically I read out some of the tat that people are selling in Australia and Jack and Pats take each other on trying to guess how much it's going for today we go straight into on the one of the favorites on this one of the Storarts a one carrot princess cut diamond ring for sale here in Melbourne. This is their wording. Please refrain from ludicrous offers and is this available mess If it's listed, it is? What's up with people? So it's a one carrot princess cut diamond ring going going, Please refrain from ludicrous offers and is this available messages? If it's listed, it is. What do you reckon?
Speaker 10: Then?
Speaker 2: What's that going for? Patsy? You're the king of the rings?
Speaker 4: I need again, I need to know color clarity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's what you know what it's listed as. Okay, it's a princess cut diamond ring, one carrot cut.
Speaker 6: To the chase, one carrot.
Speaker 4: Oh no, that's a that's a decent size. I will say, did you.
Speaker 2: Buy that's a good rock?
Speaker 6: Two eight hundred, one thousand please.
Speaker 2: Three thousand, two hundred and fifty, Patsy, you weren't far off, only five hundred bucks out, well done. She knows that stuff with joints. Were you a jeweler in a previous life or something? Because she always we'll sell for three thousand dollars if collected. Monday already refused to two thy seven hundred dollars of U. Just to be clear, I'm almost at twenty nine hundred, So take that, okay.
Speaker 5: As they kind of baggage you want to carry into your wedding day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's going to read this straight out. Okay, this is the item. Very large outdoor dinosaur. What very large outdoor dinosaur. Here's your chance to own something very unique. Attend me to hide dinosaur ten meter has many moving parts, eyes, mouth, next, stomach, and tael also has a sound box. Buy it to remove at their cost. I love this, and do you know what I want to own it? Think about the intimidation we could do going over to Triple M Suddenly Edie's trying to do a show and we've got our own gold one four point three dinosaur that goes up to the window.
Speaker 6: Ten meter is a tall in a building.
Speaker 4: You could be like Fred Flinstone and slide down.
Speaker 2: It's all right, kind of a theme park of something. Yes, it has the Bedrock Family restaurant.
Speaker 6: I really wanted to get it.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 6: Three thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Pat, I'm going to say fifteen hundred.
Speaker 2: Nine thousand dollars. It's amazing. Nine thousand dollars. Look at that chat, Look at that beauty.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, it's like a brontosaurus. Would you say.
Speaker 2: There's a stick a sauce a brontosaurus brontosaurus?
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, what the heck would we do with this?
Speaker 4: We will have a use for a dinosaur otherwise known as magoo.
Speaker 2: One another one here then, before we took a break. Massage chair in Melton, great working condition apart from there's lots of peeling. Good quality chair, but I'm disappointing the quality of coating their description. They're selling this tat to us. Great working condition, however there's lots of peeling. Oh I'd love to hand over my hird owned money from Peely second and massholes chair. Good quality chair, but I'm disappointing the quality of the coaching.
Speaker 6: It's not good enough for me, but it might be good enough for you.
Speaker 2: You have it and give me money for it. What do you reckon it's going for?
Speaker 4: I reckon two hundred and fifty five sixty.
Speaker 2: I see two hundred dollars. Patsy Winds, Where take a break.
Speaker 1: We've got a couple more The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold One oh, four point three.
Speaker 17: It's the Facebook marketplace. Price is right, Petrina Jones, Come on to winning post, Come on to here's your host, Christian O Connor.
Speaker 2: Reading all right, So I read out to the various items of tats that are being sold on Facebook marketplace. Jack and Bat's going to try and guess how much is going for so far at the moment, then leading is two to one. Everything to play for YEP, Final rounds. Lifelike monkey ape. Lifelike monkey ape. However they say lifelike. I'm looking at a photo of this monkey ape. He's got a top hat and a dicky bow tie. I don't know. Maybe maybe they do like to know where that look so like a statue?
Speaker 4: No, it's a stuffed thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Is it like taxidermy stuffed or a toy toy?
Speaker 2: It's not a taxider If you can't take a dead monkey ape, there was not fine into a taxi, doming go and listen. Don't say I think much stuff. Listen, put a little dicky bow on the fellow. Will you a little top hat?
Speaker 7: I wanted to get out. I love to dance you, sorry, I wanted to get out. Dog stuffed when it died prop him up on the couch. Chris wasn't a fan, funnily enough, that would be so sad.
Speaker 2: I mean I lost our dog that went for years. We had them for twelve years. Digby died two years ago, but I miss him. I sort of getting him stuffed is so depressed him. Suddenly you go in the house, Oh there is eyes dead, sing boy? Would you do that to your mum or dad? When they get daddy, you're going to have you stuffed?
Speaker 6: What about just the neck up like a stag on the wall.
Speaker 2: No, doghead? Yeah, no, I don't like that. No, to't know what we've got ours turned into some little pendant.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a great idea of seeing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's nice, all right?
Speaker 2: Life like monkey ape?
Speaker 5: Yes, sorry, I forgot Yeah, me took Sorry are.
Speaker 2: We actually on the radio?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 2: How big? I don't know. Let's just say four foot for the sake of this. Is that not life like enough for you? Yeah? But don't forget their words monkey ape. He's a high bred in a monkey and they got it uncreated and popped out the monkey ape.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say two hundred dollars, I'll say one.
Speaker 2: Hundred twenty bucks. Not life like really is it twenty bucks gets your life like monkey ape? What about this horse massager? A horse massager selling due to not having horses every day? It was just on selling bunnings. We already need to going into one day that we're coming out for. I haven't got horses. Actually need to get rid of it. Or also, who is a masseuse to horses? Who's going along creeping up a horsekin? What does it look like a horse? It looks like I got hones. It looks like an industrial sander, and maybe that's maybe that's what Winks needs before a big race. I don't know.
Speaker 7: So it's an electric thing you plug in. It is an electric thing you plug in different speeds and stuff. Well, I guess so, yeah, you could use it on the taxidermy Doug maybe or Chris in the bedroom.
Speaker 2: I don't need to beautiful fet locks.
Speaker 4: That's a hard one, that one. I might say three hundred.
Speaker 5: Everything to do with horses is usually expensive, but I go that high two.
Speaker 2: Hundred thirty two bucks. Hello to summary bargain. By the way, not for discussion now, but there's an item just listen above that which is it says hot muck, let's move on last after this morning high chair burned orange adjustable height, Charles hide chair here in Melbourne. Sweet It begins here the description sweet as burnt orange high chair in very good condes. Dad, Obviously, I think some turps might get the stains out. He's putting turps on a high chair. I don't get this. They say this, but don't quote me on that. Lol? Lol? How much do you reckon this? Sweet air? Sweet ass high chair burned orange adjustable height.
Speaker 4: It's not a sorry chick.
Speaker 5: I'm saying it's not even worth it to meet the guy when you go pick it up. He sounds like a real laugh.
Speaker 2: Whose do not quote me on that? Loll raphile Dodo is that one you're reading it earlier? Litz?
Speaker 4: Is there a brand?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a Messina DLX.
Speaker 4: So it's fairly mainstream, all right? Oh do you when you're a parent, you.
Speaker 2: Know it's mainstream. I know, Carrie bit Moore, I was at the baby show.
Speaker 4: Well she us Audrey's godmother. Thank you?
Speaker 2: Oh pick up that giant name drop there?
Speaker 7: Bats Wow are you Chris a Darby Day talking about being on the jet with who was it?
Speaker 4: Cold play? Fifty bucks?
Speaker 6: I don't think Carrie big Moore's god daughter would.
Speaker 2: Sit in a mainstream mainstream I won't but a little order in anything mainstream seconds won't have it in the house.
Speaker 6: Fifty dollars for me.
Speaker 2: What mainstream got us all seventy dollars this week? Well done players, Well done Mainstream.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one four point three yesterday.
Speaker 2: Some are just drifted onto to my parents and how as they get older, they get crazier and they get more sensitive and you've got to handle with care bubble wrap any slight changes in plans. There's like the thermostat going up half a degree. They're like, whoa, you know, my dad E would come around and we got I'm not going to go there for lunch anymore. It's a big drama. You take them out somewhere to treat them for eat, it won't go smooth. It just won't. There be something which will irritate them. It's a draft too. Can someone got a window open?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 2: So we're looking for stories this morning about just that one story you've got about how crazy your parents are. We're going to do this crazy paka. It's time to go all in crazy bearing Boker. What story have you got for us? Okay, I've got one about my mom, one about my dad. Mom. First of all, what about the time she caught up our local zoo told them that she's seen escaped wallaby. That's fine in Australia, maybe you get them, of course, just going around you don't in England. There are no natural indigenous wallabies. She rang the police. Do you know what the police said? There was sniggering. She said, there were sniggering, son, And the one that was said, you calling from the pub. No, I've just seen an escape wallaby bounce past the hedge at the bottom of the garden of my house. Anyway, to be fair, they called about half an hour later. They'd been a big pile up on the motorway and a transporter transporting some animals had crashed and a couple of wallabies had actually got She did see a wall of it at the end of the garden.
Speaker 6: Surely she gets a pass for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my dad. However, my dad right, he has retired. He keeps having a series of part time jobs that he quits. His most recent one, during the summer back in England, was he went to work for a kid's theme park called Porlton's Park. It's a hoot a Porlton's Park. Fine for the family. My dad worst man to have working around kids. He just just blows the gasket too quickly. Quit within a week because to quote him, it's too noisy. Team Mark quit within a week. What was his job there? He was He was supposed to be going up and down on the queue, going hey listen, pretty soon you'll be important's part. And the kids are all bit like bouncing off the walls. He was just like, sod this, getting out of it. Keep the cap as well, and he had to wear a cap that he hated too. And then because he's because his part has only got too much timers hands, he's become obsessed with making spreadsheets, but he's got no business to put in there. So he has one four how many logs he gets through over a year, and he's got those going about the last five years for his log fire that he's got home. Another spreadsheet ex sales spreadsheet about the grass cuttings that he does, just keeping an idea of is the grass getting shorter longer?
Speaker 4: What does he measure it?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, he will, we'll probably going to do that. He's very proud of his guard. He's got too much timers hands. I imagine there'd be lots of people users about sales spreadsheets with different things like their fantasy teams. But anyway, will look come with stories about crazy parents this morning?
Speaker 6: You must be looking forward to him coming out for Christmas.
Speaker 2: Then it won't goes smoothly, mate. Do you know I'm most nervous about when he's under my supervision. That's that's one thing. They're going to be issues, all right. When he goes to Sydney by himself for three days, there's going to be an incident. I just know there's going to be an incident.
Speaker 6: That won't Sydney can get noisy flagging that now.
Speaker 2: He'd be walking on walking on Sydney Harbor Bridge with his fingers and it is rocking too much noise? All right, Jack, have you got any crazy parents stories?
Speaker 5: My mom and dad have their cutlery drawers the third draw down and not in the top drawers. In the top draw they keep their glad wrap and baking papers.
Speaker 2: Always shad the way around. You always have the glad right at the bottom because you don't use as much as your cutlery.
Speaker 6: No, it makes so much sense.
Speaker 4: And they're really tall that you know, cut down in bending so.
Speaker 6: Annoying to always bend down to get a spoon off?
Speaker 2: Why is it not a question about that?
Speaker 6: I say, are we ever changing this? They say, yeah, we're meaning to change.
Speaker 2: It's been too busy now that you've moved back in with your wife. Oh right, give uschool So one, I'm looking for your crazy parents stories nine four one, one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Goal one four point three.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we've opened up the lines. We just want to hear stories. But your mum or dad that one story about how crazy they are. Just ow an email from someone who said, I'm only going to give you half a story. I need to check my wife. That's a good early to call and tell you about this. But why my dad got arrested last year at sixty seven? That's all I know. So looking for crazy parent stories, crazy parent poker. It's time to go call it all right, we're playing crazy parent Poker. Hopefully each call the story is getting more Outland is starting with you.
Speaker 9: Laura.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Laura, Good morning Laura. Okay, are we talking mom or dad? My dad? All right, what's the story.
Speaker 14: We were living with them last year when we built our house and I bought some shopping, you know, just to help out take my way, and the toilet rolls I bought weren't the exact what they've been buying all the time. So they were a little bit bigger because there's more shapes on the role, more value. Is that the same brand? But he literally lost his ship literally literally literally hadn't changed from my year old and they didn't quite fit the role.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is amazing. This is on tool any slight change in routine. Oh ye, just some kind of strange meltdown. You're like what it was?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 14: It was quite funny.
Speaker 2: This is amazing. And about lou roll you just wipe your backside with it. You don't need to have an opinion on it.
Speaker 14: It was the same brand, just a bigger, packed bitter value, and he just could handlered because it didn't fit the role. Hold of properly.
Speaker 2: Amazing stuff, Laurie, you got us off to a great start. Thank you very much.
Speaker 14: I can absolutely r.
Speaker 18: My mum.
Speaker 15: She cut a hole in a picture.
Speaker 14: On the wall to go around the same steps.
Speaker 2: Beautiful, I came, Mom, what don't you done to the picture?
Speaker 15: She said, Oh, I really like it in that spot, so I had to cut a hole in it so we could still get the thermostep there.
Speaker 2: And what was the picture that in the middle of it or part of it was your heating thermostat.
Speaker 15: It was just some French princh of something. But my mom does a lot of things like that. For my birthday, she gave me a wig and it's exactly the same as my natural hair.
Speaker 2: What I mean, these people walk amongst us. The more you think about, the more funny. I've got you a wig of your hair that you already have that backup hair I have.
Speaker 15: Brown you and she gave me a wig and it's the same brown colored hair wig.
Speaker 2: Exactly. There's going to be no rhym or reason to these crazy parent stories. Hey, that's a great one, Jojo, thanks so much for calling him. Judy, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 16: I have a fullhand question.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, okay, you go mate.
Speaker 16: My dad was Maltese, and the Maltese are quite pidantic about most things, and every Monday he would proudly wash his bond's wife fronts and white singlets and hang them on the line. And he started noticing that there was bird poops on his whitewashing, and so he sat in his garage with a swing shot and shot the pigeons that were swooping on his washing.
Speaker 12: He then plucked it.
Speaker 16: And made a Maltese pigeon stew out of it.
Speaker 2: Wow. Revenge, Yeah, that's revenge story. That's that Liam Neeson level taken the pigeon. Should we laid in weight like a sniper with a slingshot trying to catch his pigeons pooping in his cats?
Speaker 16: He did, indeed, he did.
Speaker 9: Indeed.
Speaker 2: Oh that's brilliant, Judy, Thank you very much. A cool all right? Have you got any more for crazy baron poker? Nine four one four one o four three? For looking for those stories about crazy parents?
Speaker 1: Aren't the Christian oho'connell breakfast show Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 2: We'll look at for your stories about your crazy parents. It's been some amazing ones, Evett. Yes, yes, go, I'm good. What's your story about crazy mum? Or dad?
Speaker 12: My dad? My dad had a fine call that his friend Rob had died and he was got to go to Rob's funeral. Gotta go to Rob's funeral. Rob came around. Dad went and Rob turned up.
Speaker 2: So Dad had the wrong Rob, and.
Speaker 3: Tell me about it.
Speaker 12: He left me your voicemail and he said, I went to Rob's funeral today and you'll never guess who turned up, bloody Rob.
Speaker 2: So what was it? Another friend? He just had the wrong guy called roberd passed away.
Speaker 19: Yes, just had the wrong Rob.
Speaker 2: Do you know what, Tomorrow morning we should talk about going to the wrong wedding or the wrong funeral, because I know a friend that two separate friends have done both gone to the wrong church and sat at the back going actually this isn't the right place, and other people have gone to the wrong funeral sometimes. That's incredible. Got a bit of a start when he saw the guy thought was in the coffin just sidle up next to him. Yeah, he Regin.
Speaker 14: He's never had such a big.
Speaker 16: And the thing was it was like he was a friend, but it wasn't like.
Speaker 2: His close friend.
Speaker 12: And so the other people were like, oh you that well.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you very much. You caill have a good day. Thank you, Pamela.
Speaker 15: Hi chush, how are you good?
Speaker 2: Pamela? Thanks for calling the show. Is this a mum or dad story?
Speaker 16: This is a dad.
Speaker 12: God rest his soul. So I used to live on a busy road in mold Grave and Dad used to get quite annoyed with all the cars going quite fast passed so it was a sixty k zone and they generally to travel around about eighty or something. So he used to say, come on, let's go out and catch these you know people I like use the word that he used. But we'd sit in his HQ. Holden loved it, and he'd have a camera just sitting on the dash, but you know, just a normal camera that we used to use back in the day, and if someone went past too fast, you just click it and it's flash and go. See, Pamela sat, look they're all flowing down and you go, that's the way you get.
Speaker 10: Them to flow down.
Speaker 2: So he was running his kind of off the books. Watch it's using the basic camera, just a normal.
Speaker 12: Camera back in the day where you just click it and go flash, but a real flash.
Speaker 2: I have to take that to the developers and I'll find out who that was next week.
Speaker 6: How many hours did you guysually reckon Pamela doing this more?
Speaker 12: Thursday Friday Saturday.
Speaker 2: What oh blessing. I was like, I think, and I'm like, what a great father daughter thing to do?
Speaker 11: Do you?
Speaker 2: But it's a vigilante on speeding motions for the sort of a busy freeway. That's great, all right, Pamela, thank you very much and cool bye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We're giving away over twelve thousand dollars worth of gifts over twelve days this Christmas thanks to Chapel Street. It's staying number five and today it's a thousand dollar gift card to go and spend at Chapel Off Chapel. It's one of the oldest churches in Victoria. Chapel Off Chapel gives you live performances in theater all you're around. This something you can get out in enjoy their Chapel summer sessions. So all over the last couple of days, all these amazing prices. Yesterday it was the pizza for a year every single week thanks to Ladro tap was the one thousand dollar gift card spend at Palace Cinemas. The burghers as to give away all these prizes masking Jack to sing it back to us. It's Christen o'condalls. Twel days of Christmas.
Speaker 5: Day of Christmas, Christian gave to you a trip to the theater yesterday Alana so pizza.
Speaker 6: Hold yell from Brighton going to the movies. And then he one, no, no, no, no, we're in another past.
Speaker 2: Were in another pass at this you did you nailed it in rehearsals. He did so well, we were he practiced it. Bless him. Keep it up again. Yeah all right, okay I did tomorrow. No, that's so you want to do it tomorrow? Right, Okay, this one you're gonna now it's christ Thank you, huggy. All days of Christmas.
Speaker 5: On the fifth day of Christmas, Christian gave to you a trip to the theater yesterday Alana Scot ourselves and Peter Penney from Corfield one specialty case, Danny L from Brighton is going to the movies, and Andy from Benda one free burgers for a whole year.
Speaker 2: Now there, now there, well done. That is going to get tougher. Well know we've got we've got two more days this week and all of next week is going to break you. You'll be ready for the Christmas break my friend. All right then, so today you're guessing the present that the nine year old Katrina Jones is about to open. So were sending ourselves back in a time machine and you've got to listen to the clues. What's the Christmas present? It's now Patsy, who's been sent back through time to a Christmas day. It's my ninth Christmas.
Speaker 19: I'm up at five am. I'm so excited to see what Santa's left for me. Gee, this getting up early thing would really suck if it wasn't for presents. When I grow up, There's no way I'm getting up.
Speaker 2: Before the sun.
Speaker 4: I've been so good this year.
Speaker 19: I hope Santa's listen to what I really want because that doll last year.
Speaker 2: Was a bit needy, little bratt, won't you batteries?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's fantendic. It's just what I wanted. I had one of those, Patsy. I absolutely loved it, got it for Christmas as well. Once loved it. All right, then, what do you think it was? Nine one o four three? If he guesses nine four one four one four three Cocktails and Christmas shopping only on Chapel Street South the Hora at Windsor and Brand.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Are you ready to sing again?
Speaker 5: I'm not. I'll tell you why, only because I've I didn't know I was going to need to sing again. I've already edited for the next day, so now I'm already up to the sixth day of Christmas.
Speaker 2: Day kristin O'Connell's Twelve Days of Christmas.
Speaker 5: On the fifth day of Christmas, Christian gave to you a trip to the theater. Alana from Limbrook scored herself some pizza, Penny from Corfield one Specialty Cakes, Danny al from Brighton is going to the movies, and Andy from Murder One free Burgus for a whole year.
Speaker 2: Wow, none Bundy, Wow, and good work. Okay these every day twelve Days Christmas, great prizes, tomorrow year's supply, gorgeous ice cream. We got the one thousand dollar bar tab on Friday, thousand dollars worth of old school vinyl story to come, one thousand dollars of dumpling, some of your favorite mister Miaggie. All these big prices still to come. All right, let's find out who's winning it this morning? Today we sent back in time to Christmas Day. Pa Trina Jones or Patsy got to guess what the toy was she was opening back in the day. It's my ninth Christmas.
Speaker 19: I'm up at five am. I'm so excited to see what Santa's left for me. Gee, this getting up early thing would really suck if it wasn't for prisons when I grow up. There's no way I'm getting up before the sun. I've been so good this year. I hope Santa's listened to what I really want, because that doll last year was a bit lame and he'd better have remembered the batteries.
Speaker 2: What a great toy that was. Ah, Yes, it's fantastic. It's just what I wanted. Ahi, So love my one. All right, let's find out what you think it is. Janet, good morning, Good morning, Janet. What do you think the toy was?
Speaker 10: Thanks?
Speaker 6: Sure much?
Speaker 4: Think my mind?
Speaker 10: And was it? No?
Speaker 2: Not tough luck? Janet? And Ange, what do you think it was?
Speaker 12: I had one in the sound of the same, a mini organ sympathizer.
Speaker 2: I know it was an organ. Tough luck? Did she do? Actually fat? The end it's the thought of you on wrapping some sort of giant church organism. Rachel, good morning, Rachel, good one, Welcome to the show. What do you think the toy was that Patsy was just opening there?
Speaker 12: It sounds to me like it's Simon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow done. Yeah did you remember those? Rachel? Did you have one? I used to have one.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, I love it was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was an amazing prize. Well down, then you've got the one thousand dollar gift card. Chapel off chapel. Okay, well done. Enjoy all the shows you can go and see there at the theater.
Speaker 12: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: That's right. Oh great, well I'm Rachel. How you enjoy? Thank you so much, Patsy. I suspend for hours and hours on that Simon thing. I was trying to describe it to Jack. It was like four quadrants that were colored and litter and you had to follow the sequence.
Speaker 4: Yeah you know you can still get them?
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, right, I'm thinking of Bopper. Do you know the game Bopper hater?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want to see me have a melt stand it beats me out. No, I can't stand trom Mar and you got to do the shape and asking me to do stuff. No, all right, another big chance to win to big prizes tomorrow, All thanks to Chapel Street Cocktails and Christmas Shopping only on Chapel Street, South Arra, up Windsor and Pram.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Welcome to today's that work time waster. Hey yeah, visionary cartoonists and illustrators. Stephen Hillenburg has passed away some of you with kids who might not even be with kids what might have known as work with the creator of SpongeBob SquarePants. I used to love watching this for my kids. Really really smart, funny show, really well written. There was one episode which was all about being a band geek, a fan of a band. It's one of the funniest eleven minutes of comedy I've seen for years. Used to be a really brilliant show. So today, in honor of the eight great Stephen Hillenburg creative SpongeBob, we're looking for your cartoon bands. I've got SpongeBob, Marley and the Whalers. That's good. SpongeBob turns to reggae under the Sea Puff the Imagine Dragons, Joan Jetson and the Black Hearts, the Notorious Porky Pig.
Speaker 6: That's good.
Speaker 2: I've got mister McGoo goo dolls. That's good. Porton, Here's the Who and Scooby Doobie Brothers. Oh, I'm blue to Mars as well.
Speaker 6: That's really good.
Speaker 2: What have you got Jack? Then? For tune bands?
Speaker 5: Rolling Flintstones, nice, Yogi Bear, Naked Ladies, Astro Boys to Men and Elvis and the Chipmunks.
Speaker 2: Nice. Okay, we're looking for your cartoon bands this morning on our at work time Waster four seven five o three one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Orgy Bobby a little bit too young for the Great SpongeBob square Pants. No, I love it, did you? I used to watch it, watch tons of them with the kids. Yeah, he lives in a pineapple London the Sea. SpongeBob square Pants, yellow and orange and porous? Is he sponge Bob square Pants?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: That song reminds for you?
Speaker 2: How do you all know this?
Speaker 5: Birds eye, fish fingers, you catch them prison as quick as can be birds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had that same jingle in the UK. Yeah, yeah, did you have the fake sea captain selling them to young kids as well? Yes, I mean, come on, I don't think he was a naval gentleman anyway. Then, So today, sadly the creator as I passed away. So we're asking for your cartoon bands. Pokemondo, Mondo Plate, Pneumonia, Bronze Pete in Abbotsford, Winnie the Pooh Fighters, Right idea, What a great idea for a tribute band. Someone dres up as Winnie the Pooh, Join the Foo Fighters. Jules World only got a gold bon Yogi as in Bear that's good too, Gold, well done. Alfred in Torak Elfred would live there, so the butler to Edie Maguire, I love this one. Superman at work.
Speaker 6: Silver, No, we didn't like him.
Speaker 2: That's some Kathy. I love this one, Hannah Barbara streisand that is we smart gold plus, well done Katie and Hawthorne. Sergeant Pepper Pig's Lonely Hearts Club. It's an album.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sorry, that's a gold.
Speaker 2: What I nicked? Ben Ten CC.
Speaker 6: Ben Ten not really familiar with the better.
Speaker 2: Felix the Cat, stevens Weld I Billy Brown. He's back again in Port Melbourne, mister mister.
Speaker 18: Bean, mister cartoon though yeah, did do a cartoon as Gold, then Magilla Gorilla's Monkeys, and finally this morning Kenny Boy in Forest Hill the Magnificent Seven Dwarfs.
Speaker 2: Bront He thought about that one and did not get for it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three about this time yesterday I played you a little message from eighties legend Mitchell. He wrote a song big hit in the eighties called Vienna yep. And when we found out the Melbourne one was no longer the number one most liberal city in the world, been knocked off after the number one spot of eight years by the European city of Vienna, I asked you to come up with a song, our own anthem for Melbourne to rival the one. Maybe that's why the judges and I meanture you heard about it. He left. This message was to played to you yesterday.
Speaker 20: Christian's madured here, I hear you've been bad mouthing me. It's not my fault that you know. Vienna has been voted superior city to Melbourne, although I kind of doubt that haven't been in Melbourne. Many many times. But I haven't heard your I don't know, third fourth, fifth rate version of you know, your sad attempt, you know, trying to put Melbourne back on the map again. I can only suggest you stick to what you do best, and that's, you know, behind the microphone playing some music written by professionals like me.
Speaker 2: So I played that to you and the whole team you about it. We thought, oh, Jack of find this funny. No, you had a huge sense of humor failure, and he went, well, why would you say that? Has even heard the song?
Speaker 5: The studio?
Speaker 6: Oh, we all went, oh, this is awkward, one of the one that declared war. You declared because I had to cover.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize you were just going to have a bit the toys were going to go out the prey. Yeah, has he even heard the song? I don't get this. I get an email from Midgyare. He's never emailed me. I've interviewed him many times, right see him at various things.
Speaker 3: Have this.
Speaker 2: He's found my email to apologize and say, look, I only meant it as a joke. I heard your response. Just take it with a pinch of salt. I think it's really a great song. He now thinks I'm the humanist. I'm going to have to email back going I thought it funny. It is Jack that's upset. I've now got to apologize to Midyare. Yeah, I'm celebrating twenty years of breakfast radio today. I don't want to fallen out with an eighties legend because of your words.
Speaker 6: I think it's very mature of him to apologize.
Speaker 2: Well, he hasn't done anything wrong. He said that guy has been taking out of context. I meant it with a pincer of soul setting the records. And he's also said I love Melbourne, even says that in his voicemail message to us, you know. And he's emailing from a cold and freezing Newcastle where he's on tour on the UK with Ultravox and he's worried about this. So is the war off? You started the war?
Speaker 6: He's raised the player.
Speaker 2: Now I know someone who's going to play your apology to me and Midge. To Midge later on today, I'm apologizing to him and me. Thank high midg Euro and high Christian high Christian Connor. My name is Jack Post. I was the writer of sing It for Melbourne. I was going to say I.
Speaker 6: Sang singing for Melbourne, but I didn't sing.
Speaker 2: I wrote it. Good apology so far.
Speaker 5: Sorry that I didn't have a good sense of humor when you said that it was a crap song. We all I should have got it because we all know it's a great song and you're obviously joking. I didn't see that at the time. Sorry, we declared war on you as a show and Christians. Sorry that I made you do that.
Speaker 2: Thank you Mitch, please reply using the same email address you got me on. Thank you. Hope They're clears up. Everyone should have done it off air, but thanks everyone.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four points.
Speaker 2: Three Gold one oh four point three. We are back tomorrow morning. What are you guys up to today? Hard listen out for that Golden Song with Huggy Whippy Gavy? How is Gavy?
Speaker 6: How is Gavy?
Speaker 2: I'm on the goavern Minna show tonight. Yeah, try and win that golden ticket. I'm going to try getting out for the Golden Song. Time of today's show actually comes from something you said, Patsy. It's I know Carrie bit Moore, clang clang, that big old name drop and she's friends with Carrie Bitmore and the.
Speaker 6: Mainstream high Chair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he shivers just thinking about Huggy's coming up next. To have a great day. Thank you very much to listen to us. We are back tomorrow morning when you wake up.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three