Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's show. Christian, I'm a remove list. I want that to move an army captain surname Hamburger. Captain Hamburger. Come on, Christian, our surname is stock.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you can either way. Jackie want to carve it up? She can also or Beef So the register we got surname. We're trying to go through food and drink surnames, trying to do the whole register, Jackie, Boy, Who've we got so far?
Speaker 3: Jordan Cod, Melissa Beefeeder, Rosemary Lamb, Kathy Mead, Kevin Butter, Glenn Peach and Jenny Cake Bread.
Speaker 2: Can I also add mister Pringle one of the greatest food.
Speaker 1: Christian.
Speaker 2: My son Mitchell has a teacher called mister Pringle. I had a prep teacher called mister Brain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can eat brain.
Speaker 1: And I've got a vet called Sarah Waters.
Speaker 3: Yeah the original drink.
Speaker 2: All right, let's cross now live to Paris in his penthouse is Olympic gold medalist Steve Hooker. Good evening, Steve, Hello from Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good evening. Not quite a penthouse, but nice to be talking to.
Speaker 1: You Channel nine, just putting up in a youth hostel. Are you're in the bunk above? To Planters, Yeah, that's right, they just like that.
Speaker 4: Em. It's all good.
Speaker 1: So how's the last couple of days? How was it?
Speaker 2: Obviously you were commentating on to Planters who told us about on Monday when we spoke Steve quite incredible jump.
Speaker 4: Oh, unbelievable jump. Yeah, he's a phenomenal athlete. It's a once in a generation thing to see. And it was just the aversary in the stadium after he cleared that six meters twenty five was a great thing to be a part of.
Speaker 2: And over the last couple of days watching a lot of the pole vaulting. Obviously, another moment in the at the Olympics was the man who sadly didn't get a gold medal because his genitals gott gotten the way, Has that ever happened to you, Steve?
Speaker 4: I'm not sure. Maybe crew having once upon a time.
Speaker 2: You want to boast, don't say. Maybe it doesn't sound a flex to say. Maybe one Christian is to happen all the time. I would have cleared seven, I would have cleared seven.
Speaker 3: It wasn't for my nutsack, they told me.
Speaker 1: So, Steve, what can we look forward to?
Speaker 2: It's obviously about half ten in the evening Paris time now, so it's the end of today. But what's coming up during the next twenty four hours? And what a lovely time of the day to start doing another cross as well? To a radio station in Australia, is ten thirty in the evening as you're getting ready for bed.
Speaker 4: More like eleven thirty, But that's fine. Who's counting. We're tomorrow. We've got women's javelin qualifying. We've got the gold medal hope. I believe McKenzie would ale in that, So she gets underway tomorrow, so does man's high jump. And in the evening we've got gold medals up for grabs to Matt Denny in the discus and Nina Kennedy in the poll bot.
Speaker 1: Now, Jackie boy, you know Matt Denny you played golf.
Speaker 3: I played one round of golf with Matt Denny Knightholser, not even a full round, but I could tell just by the way he swung the club that he knew something about moving an object around his body like he will.
Speaker 1: And he goes got a golf swing. There's a three to sixteen. He just rotates in the pain.
Speaker 4: He can hit a long ball, can't he, Jackie.
Speaker 3: He actually used to do long drive competitions, did he really? Before he started playing golf proper.
Speaker 1: So you think he's a gold medal contender.
Speaker 4: He is. And he's also got a putting green in his in his dorm, so he's putting between throwing the disc.
Speaker 3: Where everyone else is complaining about not even able to sleep on beds out of Cardboardy he built a putting green in his room.
Speaker 1: I feel sorry for whoever he's sharing with.
Speaker 2: Please I need I'm competing at six am.
Speaker 4: And he's sharing with Brannon Stark is high jumping to Mirow, So they're both on the same days, so they're probably just just a bit of a pre match warm up on the putting green. It'd be nice for both of them.
Speaker 1: Now, Steve, does that right? Is that right? Do a lot of the athletes share rooms together?
Speaker 2: Do they have to because obviously there's so many athletes there from around the world, they've.
Speaker 1: Got to share.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's pretty common, and you'll often get someone that you click with and that you love to share a room with and your personalities match and you compliment each other, and you know what can be a pretty intense situation. So yeah, Matt, Matt, Denny and Brandon stuff the high jumper. They regularly share together and in fact I believe their wives both have an Airbnb and they're sharing together outside the village.
Speaker 3: No proper non cardboard bed, Steve, who is your roommate?
Speaker 1: Were at the Olympics?
Speaker 4: I was very lucky accident. I've roomed with my best mate Brendan Cole. We went away, I had first team together in high school. Were really good mates and then he made his personal big team where he was thirty one in London in twenty twelve and we got the room together at that composition. We had a good time.
Speaker 1: Ah, how amazing. Now I know you're a Blues fan.
Speaker 2: Did you have you managed to find somewhere in Paris week and watch the footy? Did you find a bar with the time diment so you can see how the Blue's gone on the weekend.
Speaker 4: I've been watching the Blues for a few weeks, just following the app and following the scoreworm, which is a pretty stressful way to watch for to.
Speaker 3: Be honest, Steve Is this true? I told Andy Lee that we had you on the show this week, and he said, at one stage, you were trying to write a new blues theme Songause.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've had to go. I've tried to rewrite. I guess that's why they caught the Blues too. I guess it's already followed the Blues attributed to you.
Speaker 2: Wait finals, will we will pay for you to go into a studio and sing that?
Speaker 3: How fun did you write all the lyrics? Have you recorded it somewhere?
Speaker 4: I've actually done sort of a couple of different versions of it. I did one tribute to the twenty twenty two team where I sort of was calling out some of the individual players. Very dorky stuff here.
Speaker 1: The world needs to hear this. Steve, as soon as you get back from.
Speaker 4: Paris, all right, we can work on it when I get to that.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: First of all, you've got to make finals, okay, and then we'll go from there. And Steve, just to reassure you, I have put your bins out because obviously I put that this morning because it's the it's the recycling one on our street where you live, so blue recycling bins.
Speaker 4: I've got some Amazon packages actually coming today.
Speaker 1: Well, what is it?
Speaker 2: Is it the nine till one shift or two till seven and the show finishes? Mate, I'll get that for you. I'll signing for it, all right, Steve, we'll catch it. We So thanks for sparing us some time late in your evening.
Speaker 4: Thanks very much.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's Show podcast