Speaker 1: Flex and Rooms Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 2: What an app time to release to you? This TikTok from Sof and Rach. It's about five honest questions to ask yourself if you're unsure about your relationship, Go Go, Go, Go Go.
Speaker 3: It says, if you're unsure about your relationship, try asking yourself these five honest questions. They have personally helped me so much. One if someone told you you're a lot like your partner, would this be a compliment to you?
Speaker 1: Two?
Speaker 3: Are you truly fulfilled or just less lonely? Three? Are you able to be unapologetically yourself or do you feel the need to show up differently to.
Speaker 1: Please your partner?
Speaker 4: Four?
Speaker 1: Are you in love with who.
Speaker 3: Your partner is right now as a whole? Or are you only in love with their good side, their potential or the idea of them? Five? Would you want your future slash imagine child to date someone like your partner?
Speaker 5: Oh that if the first four questions were already stressing you out, that last one was like the punisher tk out.
Speaker 2: It's interesting because I don't know if I'm over the belief that if you have to ask you probably know the answer. Similar to that song, if you have to ask, you can't afford it. There's something about seeking more clarity, which means that the information you have now is leading you to an answer that you don't want to believe. The thing is, somebodys aren't that bad. Like if someone's told you that you're a lot like your partner, with this be a compliment, you'd have to ask which bits which bits? Because how do you even know that they're assessing you correctly?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I mean watching the L word and some and the this is losbian couple and they're just becoming like each other.
Speaker 1: In a good way, in a bad way and in what way? Oh they had like a term for it.
Speaker 4: Someone who's listening might know, but last Moss, Yeah, anyway, I can see that happening. If you have the same dress and you see couples start dressing like each other, scary.
Speaker 2: It reminds me though, But in friendships, you know, when you start using the same language as your friend and it feels like a badge of honor, or you get them into this artist you really like, or you start watching the same TV shows, it feels like sameness in friendships is good the best, so why not good in romantic relationship?
Speaker 1: It's like we then think of that as pathetic. Okay, Mickey.
Speaker 4: As as the relationship, Girlie, are you like justin?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, I think we've morphed into each other though.
Speaker 2: I think like I've picked up on things like even just like saying that I get from you guys.
Speaker 1: I think he does it too, all right redacted? What does he say? Redacted? Yeah? Yeah, I do leave me out of it a lot, because that's what about.
Speaker 2: Coaching some new life? Are you truly fulfilled or just less lonely? This one feels like a trap because I don't think the average person really knows what fulfilled it looks like, and we are looking for like outside validation to figure that out, Like, how do you really know how happy you are unless you've seen happiness in front of you? How creative do you know you are if you're not surrounded by other creative people?
Speaker 1: So this one feels like the only answer is less lonely you.
Speaker 6: Once you do the HC analysis and once you really unpack the sentence that it feels like it's leading to one place, and then what is the issue of being less lonely, Like, why can't that be a good reason to like be near someone?
Speaker 4: Nah, I think that can be a bad reason because then you think you less only but you're actually more lonely because you're with someone that's not suitable.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing, right, oh, because yeah, this is not just generally, this is if you're not sure about the relationship. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Number three, are you able to be unapologetically yourself or do you need to show up differently to please you? Partner's a bit of me, a little bit of the funny with the girls, cute and sexy with the boys, the tailor's oldest time myself in my experience.
Speaker 1: But I've stopped doing that completely, he said, fisted up. When will you bring it back?
Speaker 4: Are?
Speaker 1: Is it like a Q one four or a Q four?
Speaker 4: I went through my He's just not that into your face.
Speaker 2: You know when you we first read it and you're like, yep, this book really hits, and then you had a stage you're like, maybe it doesn't really hit. Where are you now in terms of where that fits because some of the points you made you felt quite strongly about.
Speaker 4: Honestly, there's face in my life that I must associate.
Speaker 1: From because I we just got here.
Speaker 4: I seriously shocked myself, guys, and that's probably one of them, that he's just not that into your era.
Speaker 1: What do you mean you shocked yourself because I.
Speaker 4: Got really into it, Like I think, I'm I never thought I could be into prop propaganda.
Speaker 1: But you want to repeat that sentence.
Speaker 2: You through me, never thought you could be interproper cant. You just called yourself the poster childs the naughty as if that wasn't.
Speaker 4: Babe, he's coming from inside the houseboys, No, I reckon like being unapologetically yourself. You taught me this, FLEXI some things you got to leave out of the relationship. No farting with the door open, et cetera, in your experience.
Speaker 2: Unless it's you think it's a cornerstone of comfort, you know. But I think we have to assess which bits are actually necessary in our expression of ourselves and.
Speaker 1: Which are over compensating.
Speaker 2: Like I feel like a lot of people who do the public public fart thing are trying to present as open people as opposed to just being open people. I don't know, I don't know. Maybe it's just my experience. This one is a really great one. If you could delete the first three, I'd say delete them, we don't really need them, but this one.
Speaker 1: Are you in love with who your partner.
Speaker 2: Is right now as a whole, or are you only in love with their goods side, their potential or the idea of them.
Speaker 1: I can't get away from potential. I love it. I love it.
Speaker 4: You think there's some potential, right, it's like buying you don't. Actually, it's like buying a renovated house, but they're renovated in ugly ways, so you don't want to spend.
Speaker 1: But this is the thing.
Speaker 2: A lot of people who have aspirations to renovate never end up doing it because it's too expensive, or they can't get their vision aligned, or they can't you know, they can't find the materials the tradesmen, and then you just end up living in the house.
Speaker 1: Or similarly, people who say, oh.
Speaker 2: You know, want to be bad at my parents' home, We're going to decorate my house just like I want to, And then you live in the house for five years and it still looks like okay, mart starter pack with none of your personality in it.
Speaker 4: Not the starter pack.
Speaker 1: It's no shade it's just something there.
Speaker 2: So maybe we are wrong and you have to love your partner who they are right now, scared with no changes?
Speaker 1: Do we love anything with no changes?
Speaker 2: I can say, hand on heart, I love capitano vocapasta, no changes.
Speaker 4: I can say, hand on heart. I quick became fresh off the surveiller belt in Cranburn.
Speaker 1: Which belt the conveiler belt? Whatever? Number five? Would you like your.
Speaker 4: Future or imagine child to date someone like your partner?
Speaker 1: Because why am? I kinda like?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why not? I would say that about that great taste. I would say it.
Speaker 4: About my last partner. If I had a son that was like my last partner, I'd be like.
Speaker 2: No, we're not saying to date someone like them? Oh yeah, I want my little daughter d why not?
Speaker 1: Lovely guy?
Speaker 2: I think maybe that's where they're getting us, the contradiction between do you love.
Speaker 1: Your partner how they are right now? Not sure? Would you want your future kid to date someone just like them? Sure?
Speaker 2: There's something confusing, not for us to unpack, for you to do in your own time. Miss you already, talk you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast for more.
Speaker 1: Tune Indicator on dab or stream it on iHeartRadio,