Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Patsy, morning Jack, this morning, Wow, and can I just say happy show birthday to both of you. This show is six years old today. Did you actually think at the time when we all started working together, and we obviously had never worked before, and I'd actually never lived in Australia before. Everything was new, new, new for me and my family. But did you actually think it would work and it would go for a while? You can be honest.
Speaker 3: No, I was more confident at the very start, so six years ago today, when we did the first show, I was confident that we can make something great. There's a few weeks in as we started to get the feedback, yeah, that I thought, oh, this isn't going to last very yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you didn't actually see the feedback. I saw the feedback feedback, Patsy, What do you think?
Speaker 1: What did I think? I didn't think we'd go this long? No, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I did have that voe confidence.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't wish one.
Speaker 2: So lucky to were Actually Jack said he was confidence. You're saying you didn't think it was.
Speaker 1: He said at the start he was. And then when the feedback came back, which was quite vitriolic, wasn't it at the start? What you had to weather it was? Yeah, it was bad and we didn't realize how bad it was because he didn't share that with this.
Speaker 2: But it was mainly from you. I think that's why she made it harder. Was like, I know, it's it's actually only from her, all those IP addresses. Yeah, it was all it was all from Patsy. And then how do you feel now, six years late? Do you think it's gone quickly? Because my life has gone very quickly and because other stuff's been going. And I was just telling Jack it is Lowess, our youngest daughter. It's her formal this Friday, and then we put our date in the diary for September October for her graduation, and it's like that's the last kid in a school system. She'd go to university hopefully, but it's still like twenty years is not.
Speaker 3: And when you first came here and I first met your family, she was a twelve year old.
Speaker 1: Ye, yes, she was.
Speaker 2: In November.
Speaker 1: That's what I look at. I remember that launch at the pub we had and the three girls were sitting on the couch and Audrey was much much younger. But I look at the distance of time that your girls have grown up.
Speaker 2: I think of an eye. Honestly, that's what I mean that.
Speaker 1: Audrey and that amount of time, like she'll be flying the coop. It's like, wow, it's just too fast.
Speaker 3: Six years is all of high school pretty much so last week started high school. When she first got here, Yeah, high school felt like it went on forever. But the last six years, the three of us together felt like it's a blinker.
Speaker 2: Well you think about how your your lives are so different, your lives, especially yours. Jack. I mean, you're now a dad and.
Speaker 3: I'm taking the Gordy on the weekend. It took him to the kinder open day and already watching him walk around like it feels like he just got to the world. Yes, and now he's walking around stuff in kindergarten and a school. It is going way too fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the last Searah my wife were talking last night when we were like and she was like, isn't the show sit she is tomorrow? I was like, yees, as it got it's gone so quickly. It's gone on the blink of an eye. It feels at times it feels like it has been a long time living here. Often people say to me when they find out it's only been six years, Like people who've been listening to the show for a while, they're going, my god, it feels like you've been here longer. Now, six years isn't that long a time, But it also is in other areas. It's both.
Speaker 3: I wonder if people listening to the show do feel like it's been a long time, because I still feel like we're new, like we're the new Breakfast show, but we're not.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think about, like say, other radio shows, even though we're up against I mean, how long has Fifi been on Breakfast Radio?
Speaker 3: Years years? Yeah, ten years plus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then Carl and Jackie, Oh, how old is that show? Twenty over twenty years? Six years? Were still like the new kids on the block, the old new kids on the block. They can't really saying new new kids on the way. But anyway, thank you very much, shoving one way. You just started listening to show, whether it's the last couple of months or the last couple of years, or you were here in the early days, even when I know a lot of you were listening with your arms crossed and followed going he's not from here. He doesn't sound like us, He's not from around here. Who the hell invited him onto our radios? Thank you very much for being a big part of the show every single day. The great joy about doing this is making a show with you guys. So yeah, thank you very much. I tell you what I really feel today, nothing but gratitude. My wife and I and our kids. Lies would be so different and actually poor if we hadn't actually taken a leap to movies. So I'm loving still doing the show after six years. I hope we're together for another couple of years. Not loads more years, but just another couple of years. It's put a little thing. It's like a phone contract. You should be able to upgrade or you know, maybe get a newer model over for a couple of years. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast