Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts, hear more Gold Podcast playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey, Christian, hit just want to let you know about my new book, Unscript, The Radical Act of Being Yourself is released finally this month, July the twenty ninth, and I'm hosting an exclusive iHeart Live event before my book hits the shelves, and I love you to join me and the team as we do a Q and A with you guys. Head to the Gold website dot com dot au for your chance to join me. On Monday, the twenty seventh of July.
Speaker 3: A Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rio, Good morning, come on and Patsy guys, Happy show one hundred.
Speaker 4: Of the National Show.
Speaker 1: Awesome Now, Intern Pete, he's got a very big morning ahead of him.
Speaker 5: Morning Pete, Morning guys, Happy one hundred.
Speaker 1: By the way, Thank you very much, Pete, Thank you. And now Pete, why don't you tell everyone what you're up to this morning?
Speaker 4: You're off to go and see the PM.
Speaker 6: Absolutely off to see Anthony Albanezi the man himself.
Speaker 1: And you're launching a rival podcast, aren't it to Karl Stefanovic hit as your next guest? Then pod Pots? When are you joining Eddie Maguire. I listened to that show on a Friday afternoon, Pete and Eddie Teddy.
Speaker 5: I could not keep up with his stats. He's very, very good.
Speaker 6: So no a big morning to the Prime Minister's house this morning, because of course I just have the feeling that he.
Speaker 5: Would want one of these binstickers. Right, it's there here for the taking now.
Speaker 6: Obviously I've done a few wrekkis on the Prime Minister's house over the last week or so.
Speaker 4: Big night, Oh, that won't be suspicious.
Speaker 1: So they've got cameras everywhere, not any of Muma's blue holding Commodore and prowling the old Prowler Midnight Prowler.
Speaker 4: This is a zodiac.
Speaker 6: Every time I go to the Prime Inter's house, I do take a different.
Speaker 5: Car just so I don't want to get all that sort of stuff. So we'll be in the gold vehicle today.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, keeping it low fi a radio black thunder will not arouse suspicion.
Speaker 4: Oh, has he got T shirts to give away? Where's a T shirt cannon?
Speaker 6: I'm hoping it's still registered anyway, so we basically the bins are sort of they have their own private bin area at Kurabilly House. So just in case we can't get access to his bins or anything.
Speaker 1: Like that, he probably has to chip in towards a body corporate there as well.
Speaker 4: With the body corp.
Speaker 5: They need to change that carpet for sure to and then in the front entrance. But anyway, that's a bigger issue.
Speaker 6: The thing that I've got organized, say, we've got a brand new bin for him, So if he doesn't have the access.
Speaker 5: To the bins, we've got to beIN there ready to go.
Speaker 7: We'll leave giving him a rubbish bin.
Speaker 5: He's a very grateful man. He's always been. He's been a big fan of me for years. Did I was there on his election night when he got Well, I was there. I was there when he got elected, his first actual what do.
Speaker 4: You mean you were there?
Speaker 5: Well, I went to his election night.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you were like kingmakers. They called him politics, don't they?
Speaker 5: Yeah, who were you political? Reporter?
Speaker 4: Pete? They call No?
Speaker 5: One called me actually no, But he was there and I was a bit yelly.
Speaker 6: I think I may have had a few Coronas at the time and was sort of cheering.
Speaker 1: I mean he really rubbing shoulders of power. No port you know, or find sheer as Corona. You know, I love The West Wings, one of my favorite TV show. I didn' see anyone neck in Coronas were President.
Speaker 6: Bartlett and look to be honest, the Prime Minister's first speech that he ever made.
Speaker 5: As a Prime minister was to tell me to calm down.
Speaker 4: Great speech.
Speaker 1: We're all we're all on the verge of every single day with Depete, I.
Speaker 5: Get too excited.
Speaker 6: So I need to calm myself down this morning and just remember that I am entering a place of very high security.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there is so many cameras.
Speaker 4: That be respectful, be careful.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So it's literally I'm just going here to I guess ask do you want to beIN sticker?
Speaker 1: So I imagine that if people have just been flicking around and they're just trying to work out what the hell is going on our new marketing campaign. We're asking for your bens. We've got bend stickers. Yesterday he gave us a lot of brilliant slogans. They're being printed up at the moment and we will send them to you so you can stick a your ben. All the other rival shows are taken over billboards everywhere. We just want your bens. They are our bend boards basically. So Pete is going to go and hopefully stick her up Terribilly House and the Prime Minister's bens.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, I think he'll be I think he'll be excited to see me. I haven't seen him for probably about twelve months in person.
Speaker 4: So since you hold.
Speaker 6: Corona Goo, yeah, yeah, that's right, that's right. So if there's any last advice that anyone wants me to do, I think it's a pretty straightforward project this morning.
Speaker 7: I don't have any advice.
Speaker 4: I haven't done it.
Speaker 1: Said, we should have got one appropriate card for him. Yeah, don't get shot basically, yeah, don't get arrested.
Speaker 7: I've never been in this situation ever, So we don't have any advice.
Speaker 1: Suddenly, I'm just regretting actually sending in to p I didn't know you had this form of annoying him.
Speaker 5: He'll be fine, He'll be absolutely fine.
Speaker 1: All right, Now, what time are you setting off? How are you planning this out? Well, I give the perfect time to do it. It's pitch black at the moment to film any of it. Yeah, mister beast doesn't film stuff at like six am.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, the sun the sunrise was coming up at six fifty six this morning.
Speaker 5: So I will be down on site suns out. Ben's out.
Speaker 3: That's us The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Now talking about show marketing.
Speaker 1: Bacon, one of our great engineers here, pitched me an idea first in this morning. So Bacon is one of the engineers here at Gold at the radio station, and he's on a mission at the moment. He wants to get in shape. He wants to get fit. And I don't know if you've seen him recently, he's looking he's walking ten k a day. What ten not ten thousand steps? Ten k a day, taking about an hour and forty five. That's a lot. You go out for walk a long walk, you think blood here, you have a quit. Look at your steps up. I've only done six hundred meters. It feels like I've been walking for ages. My wife is a white at the moment, and for this week, and you know, I actually just sold my car a couple months ago. I bought a new one, and so this week up from without a car and so yes, sir, I realized I need to get food right for my dinner. So I walked with a backpack to the supermarket and I thought, normally that's about a four or five minute drive. That's probably going to take me like eight minutes to walk there.
Speaker 4: Flipping ages.
Speaker 1: And then obviously once I'm loaning up all the gear, I thought, I was just singing in the back of the car.
Speaker 4: It's on the.
Speaker 7: Back when you've got six chicken tonight exactly.
Speaker 1: Again, that's just that was just last night's dinner, mixing different flavors. Rio Anyway, He's had an idea because he's out in the streets all right for two hours, just under two hours a day. He said, if you get me a sandwich board, I can advertise the show. And I said, do you mean he goes, no, no, I'll advertise the show. If he saw the numbers yesterday, we got to get them back. He's he said he could pick a different route each day, and I thought, well, listen, if we've got we've got bacon in Melbourne, old mate in turn Pete, let's get him on for Sydney. You know, we know we need to win the West in Sydney. There, we're a new show. We've only been on a couple months. In turn, Pete is recognizable from his years We Can't and Jack It, people that loved to sing him wandering around your community and your neighborhood advertising the show. I actually thought, do you know what we should do with him? He's someone who do you remember the Avon Ladies? Yes, yes, door to door Pete? Well, actually intern Pete calling. I know that connnges you in a new breakfast show. People would love to Pete is one of those people that everybody likes Pete.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, even the Prime Minister.
Speaker 4: No, not the Prime Minister.
Speaker 1: That's the only person in the country who actually does not care for him. So yet we need where do you even buy sandwich boards? Jimmy always used to see people advertising a discount golf cell. I've only ever seen I've only ever seen them advertising a discount golf cell.
Speaker 9: I will say, it's never used for high end businesses. You don't see you know.
Speaker 4: How dog, Sorry you're saying we're donching Gabana.
Speaker 9: Well, I'd like to maybe maybe put for like a more aspirational image for the brand.
Speaker 1: Imagine if you did see one day Prada been advertised with the billboard.
Speaker 4: All right, we need to get sandwich boards a sap.
Speaker 3: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm distracted and supposed to be doing the show, but I'm also keeping an eye on who England will be playing in the World Cup Final next Monday. At the moment, it's a ca night in Spain. Spain two nail taken on France. Huge upset if France crashouts. They've been a number one favorite, number one ranked team in the world.
Speaker 4: I don't know how I'm going.
Speaker 1: To concentrate on doing the show tomorrow, even just being distracted by I've got no skin in that game. Really, I don't know how I'm going to be because when we start the show might be the start the second half.
Speaker 9: Right, well, yeah, that's gonna be an interesting first out of the show.
Speaker 1: I don't know whether I should just watch it in a room here and then join the show after seven take it. Listen to Pats did you hear that's a great idea, Shane's not a semi final on every single day now.
Speaker 4: When I was back in.
Speaker 1: The UK two weeks ago, I was watching the games in that time zone and the BBC had the coverage of a couple of the games, and like the same here with various sports. You have a lot of ex players who are now doing comms. And the guy you're about to hear is Danny Murphy. Donnie Murphy used to play for Liverpool.
Speaker 4: Great blab.
Speaker 1: He's now commentating Northern Guy. Very funny bit like Carl Pilkinton. And this is him talking about Bob the Cat in a breakdown in play after there's a player called Oscar Bob and obviously then starts saying, oh, I had a cat called Bob.
Speaker 4: You used to have a cat called Bob. The game's not that Yeah, he jumped.
Speaker 10: In the back of a Royal mail van and lost him.
Speaker 4: Sad really.
Speaker 1: Anyway, a couple of days later he's back commentating on another game and they'd had calls and emails to the BBC wanting to know what happened to Bob the cat. People weren't concerned. He told the story about your cat Bob.
Speaker 10: Well, surprising Steve. There was a lot of interest, which surprised us both. But yeah, he didn't actually die. We did get him back six or seven weeks later. Unfortunately, he had gone Ferrell and we couldn't reintegra him into the home and he ended up living with my friend's parents and Preston. Now he is passed away, unfortunately. Thanks for all the concern those who have been messaging us.
Speaker 1: All right, p Bob, but it didn't end there. There'd be more letters, more complaints. It now goes to one of the greatest trilogies ever. It's up there with The Godfather, Bob the Cat Part three.
Speaker 4: There's another character, Dammy and I and are that's game Court. We had close the story of Bob.
Speaker 3: The Cat, but again the plans have not.
Speaker 4: Stop bleeping, so we must clear this up.
Speaker 1: Some complaints, actually, Fanny about the seemingly hasty decision of yours to send Bob the Cat to Press.
Speaker 4: It's been a little bit unfair, a little bit harsh.
Speaker 10: Just to clarify, we did try and settle him back into the house, but he started bullying and fighting his sister Mary, so we made the decision to give him the red card and send him off the road to Press.
Speaker 4: And I think it was the right decision. That was between a rock and a hard place. What can I say.
Speaker 1: Sister Mary is a new character in the story.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show, Go on podcast.
Speaker 1: Thanks for joining us on the right side of the dial list The Christian O'Connell show, Christian Very Easy, Make your Own Sad was bored for baking the engineer to do his ten kDa to advertise the show, email ply word from Bunnings. Okay, Now, much as I love getting on the tools, there's someone on this show who is actually very good on the tools.
Speaker 4: Producter, Kaitlin. It's our very own Bob the Builder. True.
Speaker 1: Seriously, you'd be easier to mate that, wouldn't you And I would not be able to do that, which we just haven't matured into men.
Speaker 11: No, definitely, not really.
Speaker 4: I was open for some sort of like the manliest guy. I know, no rio.
Speaker 11: I've witnessed too many times over the last four years, and I mean from you, Christian. I haven't seen you do stuff, which is probably the point.
Speaker 1: It's the best, it's the best. It took me an hour a couple of weeks ago to hang a picture.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I would never even try to No.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, deadly this the fear you just have.
Speaker 11: The wrong equipment. It makes it just a lot more difficult if you have the right stuff, which I do have a lot of the right stuff. It just makes it very simple and straightforward.
Speaker 9: You've got spirit level, yes exactly, and didn't have a spirit level measure.
Speaker 7: Just eyeballing it, yeah out, just so vibe it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's about right, isn't it.
Speaker 7: You wanted a bit wonky, didn't you?
Speaker 4: The messing? This is what makes it, you know.
Speaker 1: All right, So let's get into this week's three word Wednesday. My three word Wednesday is my spiritual awakening. It happened at four am this morning. Like I said earlier, wife's away this week. She's back tomorrow. And this morning got up and it was cold, like really cold, and I saw her fleece dressing gown and I thought, do you know what I don't I've never had a dressing gown as a grown up. My last dressing gown I had was as a kid. Okay, I've never had one as a grown up.
Speaker 7: I thought, all English people a dressing gown.
Speaker 1: I think you've watching too much downt Now it's not a documentary. So anyway I saw it, I thought, do you know what, I'm cold? I just need one. I put it on. I even put the hood up. I went and made a cup of tea, and I felt like a different person in a It's like a deep fleece, this dressing gown, the hood up, having a cup of tea, just a different way.
Speaker 5: To wake up mother's embrace.
Speaker 4: Did it actually feel like that, Mother Mary?
Speaker 5: What's to me?
Speaker 1: Deep fleece, deep plush, gray, shiny, fleecy kind of thing.
Speaker 7: And they're not drafty. That's sort of my concern about.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no no. We got each army's on underneath hopefully.
Speaker 1: No no, no, I sleep naked always, you were just I hadn't thought about that. She's got a head of a surprise this weekend. When she puts it on, he'd be like, who's been sitting in my chair?
Speaker 7: How low does the dressing gown go?
Speaker 4: It's just above ankle?
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway I'm wearing this, I think of bloody hell. This is a different way of being in the morning.
Speaker 4: This is nice.
Speaker 1: Even had a shave while I was wearing it as well, and it felt felt like.
Speaker 4: A king king like behavior. So I want to shave with this. Big. So I'm thinking about getting a dressing gown.
Speaker 7: Huge decision, massive.
Speaker 1: Massive, But I'm only going to take recommendations from men because I want to know if they've got a dressing gown their love the one they're wearing, they recommend the right brand, and I think, really, this is going to come down to two things. You're either going to be team fleece or team toweling. I'm not interested in toweling. What about silk, like a silk sorry, did you just your voices break? What about a silk robe?
Speaker 7: Well, that's not.
Speaker 4: Too flimsy, then it's too flimsy.
Speaker 1: And also you've got a high chance of let's just say, one of the silk eggs popping out if you're under if you're basically wrapped in a plush sort of fleece, the cave.
Speaker 4: Door is cutting.
Speaker 7: Sure, yes, it's got a heavy you know, you can't be.
Speaker 1: Going to get the Amazon package and suddenly suddenly there's a showering stone based instinct moment, just a wrong package and he doesn't want to sign for that or take that photo.
Speaker 4: That they do.
Speaker 1: So guys, men only, men only recommendations. If you love your dressing gown, what am I getting? What is the brand? Let me know?
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show, what.
Speaker 4: Is your three word Wednesday, Rhea, what's yours? The heater?
Speaker 7: Grinch? So currently where we are to nine degrees single digits.
Speaker 9: I live in a house from nineteen twenty two with insulation that it's almost reverse insulation, like not only is there no itulation. When it's cold, it seems to be colder than outside. When it's hot, it's hotter than our Yeah, and currently it's freezing, and I'm begging my partner.
Speaker 1: It's a cold Wednesday. This week's been cold in the morning. It's a really cold, really frosty Boddy, frost in the morning.
Speaker 9: Yes, into your bones, that's sort of cold. And I'm saying, can we please please turn on the heater in the house just so I can feel my fingertips once more. And he won't let me. He's like, no, it's not cold enough yet, it's not cold enough. He's wanting to do it's actually crazy.
Speaker 7: I don't know what so.
Speaker 1: See, I don't know that's okay. It's a head of sentual man, I don't know how it works. So what if he's the boss like.
Speaker 4: Us, Yes, oh no, don't do that. That's the plight of.
Speaker 1: Being a straight I am not the one's the boss and it ain't it ain't me definitely.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I envy. You guys have two bosses.
Speaker 7: I have no decisions or no boss power whatsoever.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I thought you guys are free range.
Speaker 9: No, no, I know, I put I throw up suggestions and he says no, and I go okay, and then.
Speaker 4: So wills the alpha by five. Oh my word, I didn't know. This is a revelation.
Speaker 7: I'm one wrong music wrong.
Speaker 1: No, this is for me because now I'm getting to hardcore guy talk.
Speaker 4: Guye talk lads only this is your music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no it this is how I go hard, hard real talk with guys. For the first ever episode of guy Talk, which we're getting into a deep chat about dressing gowns. So the first times have grown up. I'm going to buy one. I want to know what am I getting, Christian, by the way, on the building materials, some bunnings for the billboard. Uh, probably cheaper and better to go core flute, great ideal for signage. I'd probably go a five mil on that one. What do you reckon ed, Christian? Have you considered an oudie?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yes, no way, no way.
Speaker 1: Kids when they come out of the pool or the sea, have those not grown ass man.
Speaker 4: Also, I always.
Speaker 1: Think you need to constantly be ready to throw down with anyone to protect your ladies honor. I don't think you could get into combat with somebody else wearing one of.
Speaker 7: Those they can't punch through.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: By the way, I used to know a friend of mine was a professional rugby league player and he also playing for England. He was always always in trainers. I haven't met him once with coffee and he was on his way to a funeral. So he had a black suit on with trainers because once he got into fight out about and he slipped over because he had dress shoes on and he was never ever.
Speaker 4: Going to be in that situation.
Speaker 1: But you're going to be a you go into a funeral, He goes, No, there's there's a big rival team going to the funeral as well.
Speaker 4: There will be a fight at the way. Your dress upstairs.
Speaker 1: Business downstairs is a scrapping sleeping in trainers. Christian, you've got to go to This is from Christian God, the King of pajamas, Peter Alexander.
Speaker 4: That's where I brought my partners.
Speaker 1: He loves this one there, Scott Christian Peter Alexander dressing gown are the best kids wanting one for Father's Day? Fleet and has pockets all that. Gotta have pockets, gotta have pockets. Christian, I live in my dressing gown and just chat to out where I got it from because I've had it since around two thousand. It's from and I didn't even know where it was from because I've had it for since the year two thousand. Soussan's yeah, this goes with that at Suzanne not sure, Christian, Well, I've been actually rocking a woman's dressing gown for twenty six years.
Speaker 4: But it's incredibly comfortable, very progressive.
Speaker 1: Christian, go, you can buy the dressing gowns from the Crown at the Crown Shop.
Speaker 7: Now, that is a great hack.
Speaker 1: Wow, Christian, my mom is Scottish. She calls it a housecoat, not a dressing gown. I love that, Shane.
Speaker 4: That's Berieniant.
Speaker 1: I've just had an idea. Maybe we could give away dressing gowns to it's for Father's Day. Oh yeah, the dad gown. Yes, let's do a deal. What do you call it a collab? As the kids called it, an exclusive collab with Peter Alexander or Susans.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: The head of marketing at Peter Alexander or Susannes or any other high end manufacturer of dressing gowns is listening. I'm looking to do a collab for Father's Day dressing gowns. We've got enough time ahead of us to be able to make this work. What a great thing to It's basically like I'm hugging my.
Speaker 7: Dad's You're turning a dad into a king.
Speaker 1: Yes, king dads, Yeah, only when you're in the gown, all right, not actually king in the family.
Speaker 4: All right. Let's now cross live to Sydney.
Speaker 1: Where in turn Keete, how's got one of our brand new bin stickers with listeners. We need you to drawing our Rebel Bin Army, the bright Side Battalion, our marketing now to spread the good word of the bright Side of the dial. So please you can call in now thirteen fifty five twenty two, can we have your bins with send you the stickers and to kick it all off this week, Pete is outside Kira Billy House right now. He's dressed in the yellow jumpsuit, the official gold Well. He actually looks like he's come out a Guantanamo Bay again for the day.
Speaker 4: Pete, it's actually looking like a beautiful day there.
Speaker 12: It's a cracking nrning, it really is. And I've got to say here at Curribilly House, it.
Speaker 13: Is a chaotic little street.
Speaker 12: There's a lot going on here because there's a lot of building.
Speaker 13: Renovations going on around me as well.
Speaker 4: And aw about having some work done. Is about having a bit of reno.
Speaker 9: Is it?
Speaker 13: Yeah, Well let's see the tax dolls are being paid for that.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Well he went out to see Trump, didn't a couple of weeks ago, so he's probably putting.
Speaker 4: A ballroom there.
Speaker 12: Yees.
Speaker 13: Hand of a said, so look what's going on here is there was an unexpected.
Speaker 12: Bin night last night. We've been held up by garbos this morning, so we will only just manage to get a park. So I'm just about one hundred meters from the front entrance of Kuberley House. But I just wanted to let you know this is pretty big news. He has bins out the front of his house, so this is great news for the Prime Minister. Obviously at least we know he's got the bin, so that's one part of the job.
Speaker 13: Done. I am also carrying a brand new bin for him with the pre stickers as well, and I've got some extra stickers, which is just fantastic.
Speaker 1: I always think if you're going to drop in on a friend, it's always nice to have a gift, isn't it.
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 13: Yeah, absolutely sorry, I'll just dropped one out of my pocket there. Just let me rather that. So we're about I won't say fifty meters now. I do want to make you aware there is also a high, very high police presence around me.
Speaker 4: I have been a stop paper like you, just wandering and with nonsense.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I know you're right, but I guess this is the moment. We're about ten meters away from the front entrance here now I from I'm just going to go back onto the footpath here for a moment, because obviously we just want to make sure we're nice and safe and don't get shot and killed dead, which is sine probably a bit dramatic of mere you.
Speaker 4: I mean, is it me? Or you sounding really nervous all of a sudden.
Speaker 13: Very very very very nervous, very neo. There's a come around here.
Speaker 1: Wow, we're looking at this live now we're filming this. We'll put it up in a minute. But you are literally outside just there's a delivery driver.
Speaker 4: He's got a new Bluetooth speaker for the shower. Can someone side for this, yes, so I'll just.
Speaker 13: Say he's just crossing is off now, that won't be a moment. So I've just got the police officer, isn't.
Speaker 4: It You know that there's a cure of people trying to do stunts.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I know. I don't know what this guy.
Speaker 1: This guy is delivery.
Speaker 4: Apparently this has worked for us and in turn.
Speaker 13: Peace I know. Sorry, sorry mate, you get me want I'm you're not sure? I pay No problem at all, That's fine, we'll go. We'll just yep. Sorry, this is unexpected here.
Speaker 9: Is there anything else out there? Maybe Pete that in the meantime you could stick.
Speaker 13: But they probably is. We could walk up to the back go Actually that's not probably.
Speaker 4: Where the Wins were before.
Speaker 13: So let's just throw race up here really quickly.
Speaker 1: Now Pete is on the move now with his ben he's moving at a bit of a sort of pace now, almost like a jog on.
Speaker 13: Do you know what. I didn't leave that there because I've got a sticker over here.
Speaker 4: So in the middle of the street.
Speaker 13: Yes, Now, I don't want to be intrusive, but if I was to have a look through the.
Speaker 1: Pot, that's who's been Is that you can't just rummage around someone's bens.
Speaker 12: It's if you can't do that.
Speaker 4: I don't think you.
Speaker 1: Can just rummage around someone's bins.
Speaker 13: I am going to port.
Speaker 4: No, but that is outside.
Speaker 13: I'm so sorry it's turned Pete.
Speaker 12: Don't sorry. I'm live on the air with Christian o'con. I'm sorry.
Speaker 13: I've told not to mention his name.
Speaker 12: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 13: I know that's been there.
Speaker 1: You're not going to stick anything over well, I've got a permission.
Speaker 8: I wouldn't be doing that.
Speaker 13: Could I pretty please just pop.
Speaker 4: It on to.
Speaker 1: Ask the office if he would put it on his own being though and promote the show?
Speaker 13: Officer, Could I ask you a quick questions? That's okay? If I gave you this to take home, would you put it on your on your police here? Can I here you going to them?
Speaker 8: You're quite free to send it to this federal police, and.
Speaker 13: Especially to strain federal police. Yip, okay's perfect.
Speaker 1: What's two police officers? They won't need two to take him down?
Speaker 13: And you're you're not smiling. I think, Pete, how I am good?
Speaker 4: In like he's Beyonce or something. They're going to know who he is.
Speaker 13: Okay to move on?
Speaker 1: Thank them, and haven't I say thank that for the great work they're doing the democracy public place.
Speaker 13: But the other officer isn't smiling so much, so I just feel like that's.
Speaker 4: More of a slarly.
Speaker 13: So I'm just bean stickers. The other officer was asking me, he's we've got bean stickers from the Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 12: He's a bit more serious.
Speaker 4: From they're approaching the cameraman.
Speaker 3: Now Christian Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 1: As crossed about Now Live to intern Pete, who suspend the last color minutes being interviewed by the AFP outside Kiribilly House, who wanted his I d.
Speaker 4: Good morning. You're still there in the back of a divvy van.
Speaker 13: No, we are all good. There's a couple of things that have happened behind the scenes, and I just want a bit of a confirmation from you.
Speaker 12: Christian, if that's okay.
Speaker 13: I have told the police that I will not be visiting and there will be no more crazy stunts.
Speaker 12: Today was a question I was.
Speaker 1: Asked, absolutely not. We're done wacky Wednesdays now over.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's great, that's awesome.
Speaker 8: That will love.
Speaker 13: I'll be honest with you. I want a big shadowt to Officer Chris who listens to the show from the Federal Police and requested a being sticker lay them. So the Federal Police now have a bemsticker, which is just fantastic. And then we are vacating Curabilly and look to be fair.
Speaker 1: Another way that he just went very politely but firmly. He just said, when you went I just had to put a sticker on the bench and went, you don't want to be doing that. I have another There was about five or six suddenly there very quickly and.
Speaker 12: Paint this picture for me.
Speaker 13: And one of the other officers said to me, he said, look, I'll be honest with you. In some pete bringing a bin to the Prime Minister's house isn't a great look. So there's some learning.
Speaker 4: Enough.
Speaker 7: I see that now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on reflection, it was just like, what will we think. Yes, they're not just going to go, oh great, he's been looking for a new bench. It was, he's always cleaning his ones out of the weekends. We should have you know, and that Joy Division T shirt?
Speaker 13: You know, yeah for sure, And I'm looking I think we're all fine up until and another learning out of stage.
Speaker 12: Don't go through the Prime Minister's bins. I think that's the part.
Speaker 4: That was. I don't know why you did that. I'm not sure illegal, but it's just not front when anyone's bins.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I guess I was back to the old thing.
Speaker 1: It's just not a great He could have secret documents in there, you know, some memos or something.
Speaker 13: Oh surely, he wonders, maybe you go back and have a look at that.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 1: You gave them You've shaken on a deal there to leave them alone for today.
Speaker 12: Yeah, absolutely right.
Speaker 13: So I'm on my roar back to the studio.
Speaker 12: But hey, the BEM secrets question.
Speaker 4: Well done, well done, well done. Now do color Jackie osen? Were all done.
Speaker 3: There, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping that I get actually a letter in next couple of days from the AFP thanking me for testing the protocols.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 7: You might be getting a letter, but I don't think that's.
Speaker 4: What I really I misunderstood this. Sam.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming good morning, Glenn, this is a funny text. I'm assuming what made the AFP officers suspicious was a fifty year old man claiming to be an intern. Yeah he's forty four, but yeah, we heard of the fifty year old virgin.
Speaker 4: Now the fifty year.
Speaker 1: Old, which is to start calling him the fifty year old intern.
Speaker 4: It is odd. It's Pete the intern, I mean goes to grown house man with veneers, you.
Speaker 7: Know, more like a summons.
Speaker 1: I remember when he joined the show. I was like, all right, so we'll we'll drop all that intern stuff. You know, he's done that with Cane Jane and I got a phone call from three clicks of management up going.
Speaker 8: Whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: That is branding right now in Australian radio, that he's the most famous man in Sydney. No, no, no, no, it's going to be at least a year for him to have that before he can just become Pete.
Speaker 7: Right, that's a trademark.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no, absolutely, I didn't know. Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: It's copyright protected, all right. So there's been a story in Tasmania. I don't know if you've seen this. Neil the seal nine hundred and ninety nine kilo seal a ton of seal.
Speaker 14: From smashing street signs.
Speaker 1: Less cross now to the support who sounds off asleep. You know, he's obviously hoping of getting in the metro radio and stuff like and taking Patsy's job one day rather than doing on the beach stories in Tasi.
Speaker 14: From smashing street signs, checking roads and causing a commotion, Neil the Seal has become a star attraction in Tasmania, even if he spends most of his time fast asleep.
Speaker 4: His naughty knocks down stuff and I like doing that too.
Speaker 14: He does a few hops and puffs.
Speaker 1: It's cautious.
Speaker 11: I wonder he's just doing what he wants to do and no one really stop him.
Speaker 14: Only in authorities say. It appears Neil has now headed out to sea after bringing so much joy during his recent stay.
Speaker 4: He's got over two million follow you're kidding.
Speaker 1: He's more popular on social media than the Tasmanian Official Tourist Board account. This is all it takes to become famous in Tasmania overnight. It's just to shop and bend a few traffic bollards and dent to car.
Speaker 7: How do you stop a ton seal.
Speaker 4: If that's what he wants to do, let him do it.
Speaker 7: He's like their own intern peak.
Speaker 1: So now, anyway, with the sad news yesterday or two days ago, now about sam Neil, they've renamed him sam Neil the Seal, so he has been for the last couple of weeks Neil the Seal. He's now sam Neil the Seal, which is, you know, all the ways you can make permanent. Such a great legend, What a great way that the memory of the great sam Neil lives on sam Neil the Seal because he loved animals so much on the farm and the duck side. I actually do think he'd be smiling about this news. But anyway, the damage it's done in Tasmania, I'm looking for your stories about animal damage.
Speaker 4: So I've spoken on.
Speaker 1: The show a couple of times about our big megacat Larry. Larry has chewed through the zip and broken it on his carry case. So he's got one of those little carry case. So when I take an evets, he hates going in there all right, And so he must have been doing it over several weeks or months in the garage during the night because I went to take Evets of the Week and he destroyed the zip.
Speaker 4: It's you can't shut him in.
Speaker 7: There like sure shankred m just slowly with a s.
Speaker 4: Yes the Raquel Welsh poster.
Speaker 7: And he's a one thousand kilogrammy He's.
Speaker 1: Actually got a couple more extra kilos el rio after Christmas in July. And then the other thing you also chewed through in some destroyer is I've got a smoker, and the smoker has this reinforced heat proof cable that goes to a thermometer that you can leave in the brisket while he's smoking it, so it can be in there for ten hours and it won't melt. However, it's not Larry proof because obviously it had some tallow, some beefat that had dripped onto it. Larry licked that and then just kept licking and licking and licking, and let destroyed a flame proof I don't know, you know those phone cables that are in he's chewed through that. Wow, to be what, it's unusable. I can't use it, Larry. It had brisket juice on it. He couldn't stop. He just got juice lust.
Speaker 3: The Christian o'connall Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show, looking for your stories of animal damage, mourning the Carl.
Speaker 4: Send me a.
Speaker 1: Photo of two destroyed remote controls and also another destroyed remote control for the air conditioning. That is three shoot irreparable. I mean they've just been totally chewed up. That was from her rescue beagle. Thank you very much for the call. Christian, My cat Munchie a few years ago when passport renewals were paper destroyed.
Speaker 4: It all ripped to bits.
Speaker 1: Actually quite embarrassing when I had to call DFAT and ask for another one due to my cat destroying it. Christian, my cat Bickie wants peed on a powerboard and shorted out the whole house.
Speaker 4: That's some strong urine.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take some stories right now, animal damage. Fiona, good morning, welcome to the show mate.
Speaker 15: Oh thank you, hey, Gane.
Speaker 1: I'm good Fiona. Have you having a good week so far? So what's your story for us, Fifi?
Speaker 15: Well, on a family trip around the show with a caravan, if he's back, we were driving into the bungle Bungles, came under Ben and there stood a white ball between us and the river and it ended up ramming our car and put a big dint in the door.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, is terrible.
Speaker 4: So why just charge charge at you guys?
Speaker 15: Yeah, well we thought it would be the haunt to scare it away, but that didn't work. It actually got more webbed.
Speaker 4: Up and it antagonized it.
Speaker 7: Yes, you had a bingle bingle in bungle Bungle. Wow.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's a great story, Fiona, Thank you very much, Thank you, Fiona. Piano there obviously listens to the TV show The Background's a price on Sunlay. Hard to compete, Hard to compete.
Speaker 4: Uh, we got here, Pete, Come on in, Pete, you know here you going. I'm good, Pete. What's your story for us of our animal damage?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 8: I had a dog when I was a kid called Kimber.
Speaker 16: He was a well labrador, a bit of coping, a bit of labradoo, do I reckon? He's a weird dog that he was totally destructive. And I come home from school one day and he literally chewed the tap.
Speaker 8: Off the side of the house and he's doing that water thing where the dog's cap. He must have been doing it for two hours on the side of the house. And then the next week I came home and from school. In the backyard was a bit of white lace. I'm going that's weird.
Speaker 4: And I looked.
Speaker 16: I looked under the house and he got into mum's treasure chest for fifty six wedding dress. Oh no, and he ripped it into a me and bits and it was everywhere in the backyard. And he's just run around a ways, hanging off his neck running.
Speaker 4: So I love the impression.
Speaker 1: That's very good, Pete, Pete, great story, well told.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much. Don't do Nikki. Let's get Nikki here, goome on and Nikki.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Christian. I love your show today.
Speaker 1: I'm very good NICKI. Thank you very much for joining us and listen to the show. Nikki, what's your story?
Speaker 2: Okay, I've got an adorable old little fox terrier called Dexter, and he loves coming in the car. You know, they always love to join you, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they go everywhere, don't they.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I got home from work, took him for his walk, and he didn't do his poo like he normally does. I'm like, oh, I didn't talk ower.
Speaker 1: We all know what you're talking about. The main reason you tend them for walk is obviously the mental and physical stimulation, but also to go and have a poo.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right. And I was going to pop down the shops and you know, I said, oh, and he's like, I want to come, I want to come to Okay, I only come, And so I took him to the shops. I was only there for a couple of minutes. I came back to the car, opened the door and I went, oh god, it's stank so bad. He had done Yep, he had done explosive diarrhea.
Speaker 4: Lovely good morning.
Speaker 1: Regularsive types of today's show. Explosive diarrhea.
Speaker 7: It went, oh my god.
Speaker 4: No, we get the idea, madam.
Speaker 3: But Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: If you're calling us this morning with your story of coincidence and chance, what are the odds you might find extra professional service. The reason is the Chuckle Sisters are being monitored right now by a member of management wearing glasses and a clipboard and already already had a quick look at what this lady was writing down. It's just to replaced with ai Chuckle Sisters. This could be the last show. It's listen. It had to happen at some point. The machines are coming, I say.
Speaker 4: Bring on them.
Speaker 7: Do you love having us here? We do?
Speaker 2: We do?
Speaker 12: We do.
Speaker 1: It is lovely having them here, but it'd be nice more if you came and visited.
Speaker 4: It was more in a capacity like friends.
Speaker 7: What is this?
Speaker 11: Is our head of promotions now, Morning Bell. She's in charge of all of the promotions across the Gold network.
Speaker 1: I've got a lot of notes I've been making, Bells. Let's you make your notes and then our chut after show. Got some extensive notes about some changes we can make here. And also when Claude can start tomorrow at six for just a few dollars a month? All right, what are the odds they're not here tomorrow?
Speaker 12: You gotta be just.
Speaker 13: Like we were you with Cheryl who married a hun who worked with the Cheryl.
Speaker 7: Who married a home as well?
Speaker 4: Could AI give us a story we're about to get.
Speaker 1: All right, it's time for this week's what are the odds? Your story is of coincidence?
Speaker 4: And chants? Share them now?
Speaker 1: Thirteen fifty five twenty two participated and fifty percent of the Chuckle sisters, What is your story? Rio said, It's a good one. It's verified.
Speaker 7: It is a cracker.
Speaker 11: So Saturday Night I was hanging out with all of my girlfriends and I brought to the dinner party a brand new game. This game is the best game to have ever existed.
Speaker 14: I know it sounds ridiculous.
Speaker 11: But I really like you know, No, it's a new one and it's called Hitster. So how it's played is you get a card with a year on it, say it's two thousand. Then you get another card and it's got.
Speaker 7: A QR code.
Speaker 11: You put that QR code on. It plays a song. You listen to that song, and you go, was this song out before the year two thousand or after the year two thousand?
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 11: It's brilliant, you guess, and then if you get it right, you keep your card. The first of ten card wins.
Speaker 1: And also, you know, we just had so much fun with QR codes during lockdown.
Speaker 4: Why not break it out on a Saturday night? Oh fun with we thought Monopoly was boring.
Speaker 11: Every single friend that was at that party, we had eight people there, bought that game right there and then off Amazon because it was so fun. Anyway, I get a card. Yeah, I promise you this is worth it.
Speaker 7: We get a card.
Speaker 1: It's an old mate for management. Is fu rece scribbling right now, I wasted two minutes. Who listens to this question mark?
Speaker 4: Question?
Speaker 1: You are question Mark sent to the CEO. Dear Steve, I found another breakfas shure, we don't stop at one, can keep going two shows?
Speaker 11: Yes, so I put the QR code on. It starts playing this song.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry, you're pointing.
Speaker 17: You're pointing at me like I'm your assistant.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, so please this.
Speaker 7: It's nine o'clock on a Saturday.
Speaker 11: Yep, I'm my bang Billy Joel piano man.
Speaker 7: Love it.
Speaker 11: It came out in this year. Then I'm like, it's Saturday night. I wonder what time it is. I turn my phone on and I am not kidding you when I say this. All my friends lost their mine. It was nine o'clock on a Saturday.
Speaker 4: Oh no, that is good. That is why we do this. What are the odds?
Speaker 7: Did Belle like it with the clipboard behind you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, she's listened to a podcast. Great episode of The imperfect I love the idea of just having one human as a live audience member, you know in the morning.
Speaker 4: That is a great story. Kitlin.
Speaker 3: I love that Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: If there are any carpenters listening to my words right now, please come to the studio a sap.
Speaker 4: I need to fit a lock on this door.
Speaker 1: But just again, just came charging in and gabru and I two minute hard sell of this basic Bogan game.
Speaker 7: I just had a look. Obviously, Kaitlin, I trust your judgment completely.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't.
Speaker 9: This website with two hundred views has that game only two point five out of five stars.
Speaker 4: I don't mean funny.
Speaker 1: You work in radio, get your phone out, line them up on Spotify and just played this song what year to come out?
Speaker 4: Two thousand? Not you can make your own version of that.
Speaker 11: Guys, this is the greatest game to ever take your party where you don't want to have to explain rules. You don't want to go on I don't understand. Yeah, it's like bang, this is how.
Speaker 1: You do it. Yeah, thought that all those heads down taking a photo on their camera, getting those QR codes.
Speaker 4: That's a great party night.
Speaker 11: You take it in turns and there's one master, which was me, And the best thing is you get to listen to music.
Speaker 4: Were you anyway?
Speaker 1: The microphonees broke up all right, so we're looking for your stories this morning. Of coincidence and chance? What are the odds? Kathleen's on the line.
Speaker 18: Good morning Kathleen, Good morning Christian and Crewell. How are you all very well?
Speaker 1: Have you had a great week so far? Thank you very much for joining us. What's your story, Kathleen?
Speaker 18: Well, I was on holiday in London and I was walking through Waterloo Station. I was seventeen at the time, in peak time, so so many people. I had my name being called out. I didn't think it was for me, but I turned anyway because it was my name, and it turned out to be for me. It was a family of four, mom, dad, and their two adult children. I knew three of them from three different places. I had no idea they were even related to each other.
Speaker 1: No, wow, now this is an other incredible story.
Speaker 7: How did you know or very where'd you know them from?
Speaker 18: I didn't know the father. I knew the mother. She was the science assistant at my high school, without whom the whole department would have fallen apart. The eldest, the son was my first ever tuba teacher, uh huh, and the daughter used to play in our band to help out during competitions.
Speaker 7: Amazing.
Speaker 4: It's good to get the whole tree.
Speaker 1: There's schedule. We have time for that, Kathleen, thank you very much, and give us a call mate. We send you prize.
Speaker 18: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: Now two weeks ago, I'm in London. Okay, I mean for a couple of days. I was back hover se my mom and dad. Then I went to see London. I was going to meet my cousin and one of my closest friends were going to watch the England game together when they took on Dr Congo and I was.
Speaker 4: Going to be watching it in the London pub. I was so excited.
Speaker 1: Not the early hours of the morning the other side of the world, but in London. I get to a pub a bit earlier to find a random pub in Soho. I taxed my cousin, Wayne go, I'm in this pub, the crown and two chairmen. They've got the game on. I've got a table next to the bar and with a great viewing spot of the screen.
Speaker 4: It's all good. I'm waiting for my cousin.
Speaker 1: I'm having my beer in walks and a guy we both look at each other. I go Nick, he goes Christian. I met this guy three years ago on a walking tour on the West coast of Ireland.
Speaker 4: We hung out for the week. He just happened to be there. I was there.
Speaker 1: There was a group of twenty five strangers from all over the world. Nick and I hit it off and we became very close that week.
Speaker 4: We still kept in touch.
Speaker 1: Randomly, I just picked a pub at random in London that had the game on. Nick just happens to be randomly looking for a pub to watch the game.
Speaker 7: It was meant to be.
Speaker 1: It was meant to be reunited three years later in a random pub in Soho.
Speaker 7: And it felt so good.
Speaker 4: It felt real good.
Speaker 1: And I said, hey, why don't we get some QR codes here and really elevate this nice with a pop with a pop quiz which is which is it?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll have another drink. Actually, Rio, what is your story? You said, You've got a real great one.
Speaker 9: We were in Santorini over the break well there for three nights, so relatable.
Speaker 7: There were many Australians in Santorini. Let me tell you that.
Speaker 9: Okay, well we were in the our honeymoon suite. Maybe not as relatable.
Speaker 7: With Caviar and shadow.
Speaker 1: The spot for management is like salary too much if they can afford the honeymoon suite at Santorinio. And of course that was a YMCA, wasn't it. The honeymoon sweet just meant you had your own on suite.
Speaker 7: We looked down from our patio onto a footpath.
Speaker 9: The first night we see this Aussie couple having a massive fight looking out into the ocean.
Speaker 7: They have this huge fight.
Speaker 4: You can take the Australian.
Speaker 7: The next night we're sitting there, the sun's going down.
Speaker 9: In that exact same spot in the footpath, there's this Russian couple, a guy staring out into the ocean and his wife screaming at him. He's not responding, he's just staring out and she's yelling at him.
Speaker 7: What is with this spot?
Speaker 4: What's going on now? It's ral corner.
Speaker 7: The third night, no fight.
Speaker 9: But as we were leaving on the final day, we're walking out onto the footpath there is an English couple having a fight in that exact same spot on the footpath.
Speaker 7: Believe that is a good story.
Speaker 4: That is that's today's QL code, my friend.
Speaker 3: It's the Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 1: Go on podcast two weeks time, two weeks today, Big day for me, Super excited, the book that I've been working on for the last couple of years finally comes out on the twenty ninth of July. Is called Unscript The Radical Act of Being Yourself, and I'm having a first ever. This is the fifth book I've written, and I've been asked before to have book launch parties and I've always said no, I haven't felt like it was the I don't know, this wouldn't really it didn't really appeal to me. But this time There's Radio Station is doing a lovely thing for me. They're throwing me a book launch party, which is a really kind thing to do, and we're inviting you. So starting tomorrow we'll start to give away invites about eight of you can be. There's going to be in Melbourne and then next month I will do one in Sydney. But the first one is going to be on Monday, the twenty seventh of July. We going to a beautiful venue as well three hundred and sixty degree views of the city as well. And Rio is actually one of the In fact, you're the first person on the team to read the book. I mean obviously you were. You had a long train of long, long flights. You started reading the book.
Speaker 7: Yes, I've almost finished, mate, it is. It is so brilliant.
Speaker 4: Oh thank you.
Speaker 9: It is not a book about even though it's obviously a book about conversations, it's not a book about, you know, being a brilliant radio host or being you know, a great broadcaster.
Speaker 1: Well, well, I wouldn't go to write that way. Got a time wrong an hour ago, and I've been doing it twenty eight years. I mean, who screws that up?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 1: It's about, hopefully you'll get in the sense of what it's about. It's about the joy of connection, storytelling, what's happening moment as we're drifting apart from each other, the damage of that. And my aim for the book really is that halfway through it you get excited about having conversations in an easier way with people.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and so much of the book is about getting out of your own way. It's not about adding more things onto your plate or things to do.
Speaker 7: It's actually taking things off.
Speaker 9: Your plate, getting out of your own way and being able to have better conversations, better connections, better relationships.
Speaker 7: I actually noticed it helping me.
Speaker 9: I got a haircut on Sunday and I was, you know, thinking about the book, and you know the way you engage with people. I had the best chat I've had with someone in such a long time.
Speaker 4: That's exactly the impact I want from it. I haven't.
Speaker 1: I was telling my wife and kids yesterday because they were going it is rio enjoying it. I said, yeah, you came in Monday and was talking about it, and I said, the thing that I can't stop thinking about is you said you were surprised how vulnerable and personally.
Speaker 4: Is I mean, I've put everything into that book.
Speaker 7: Yes, oh like, because it really is.
Speaker 9: You know, the way that you see the world, it's awesome, very you know, some very personal and vulnerable moments that you I've chosen to.
Speaker 7: Share with everyone. And Julie, I was reading and I was so proud of you.
Speaker 9: I was like, wow, I don't know if I would have the courage to put this out into the world. And the fact that you've done it and it's in print and it's brilliant, it's so wise, it's got so much heart to it. I think anyone, no matter who you are, no matter what your job is, no matter what point in your life.
Speaker 4: You're a lovely thing to say. I think, thank you.
Speaker 7: They'll get so much out of it. I'm so excited for this to.
Speaker 4: Be in the world. I'll tell you what it is. It's a book.
Speaker 1: Actually, you write at a certain age. I'm fifty three, and that's why I wanted to write this book. It's like I started to think about doing this when I was interviewing Jerry Seinfeld a couple years ago. He bought a book out for the first time, his own book, and it was a lot of his routines, and midway through the interview, I suddenly realized, I think he's right this because he's of a certain age and he wants to leave something behind of permanence about what did you do, what did you learn? What did you with your time here? And so I've been lucky to do this incredible job for twenty eight years now in two different countries, do different parts of the world, and I've learned so much about connection, storytelling and speaking out Like, what a lovely thing just to write that down. My daughters will want to read it as well. What a lovely thing to have. This is what I've been lucky enough to learn and to pass on to people. I felt like it was the responsibility.
Speaker 9: It is if it really comes through like that, and I think I think the impact is going to have on people.
Speaker 1: You seem almost surprised that it was wise. One of my daughters read a chapter. I went, well, it's really surprisingly wise and that I sat, went what do you mean? And she really she'd upset me and she went, well, no, no, I mean, I mean, I guess you would have wisdom you're fifty three.
Speaker 4: But I think you're saying we haven't. We don't see a lot of it. But the book you is hidden in there is a wise man.
Speaker 9: We spend half an hour at every day doing like monkey bands or something like that. Yes, I mean no, there was a little bit surprising how deep and sage the wisdom was, but it is there.
Speaker 1: Nonetheless, Well, I'm glad you enjoyed the book, so you can pre order it still for another two weeks a book topyo on Amazon or Demi's going to be wing to pre order it and everyone is pre ordering. It's still the office Stoll there for the next two weeks. If you pre order it and you send me the receipt Christian at Christian o'connall dot com today, you get ultimately invited as well to a YouTube live show I'm doing in three weeks time at home with Christian But starting tomorrow we're going to give away the invites to come and join us Unscript and uncork. You can have a glass of wine and Rio is going to be doing the Q and A. They asked me who did I want to do the Q and A? And out of everyone I've worked with in my career, you are someone who I've seen go from joining this team. I hired you when you had no radio experience. You were hired to write a copy for social media posts. It was very clear when you lied that you were listening to the show, you hadn't heard a single show. But I just love this guy swagger and the audacity to lie to my face. But this guy's got the core skills that you need to carve out a career and breakfast radio. And I've seen your journey to now being with me front and center on the show from where you were six or seven years ago. You're someone actually living proof about what happens when you do start to move closer to the true version of yourself and what the book is talking about.
Speaker 9: Unscript Definitely, Matam, I'm truly honored to be there for that night and to be you know, part of the Q and A. And for me like coming through the show all of these things that I've learnt from you over the last seven years.
Speaker 4: Hopefully you have everything. Learn the good stuff, get with any of the other stuff.
Speaker 7: So much of that comes through the book as well. And it was it's really really.
Speaker 4: Special, all right.
Speaker 1: It's called unscript and we'll start to give away the invites tomorrow the.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: To down the Time Waster double pass you go and see a great night out Boys to Man and SORTN. Pepper MGLY presents R and B Royalty. Boys to Man was SORTN Pepper and Belbev Devot. Three legendary groups, one explosive night. Tickets gone soal. This Friday at MG dot Live Today, we're looking for your magic bands on the Time Waster Team power Ranking. Who do we think is in the top five greatest magicians of all time?
Speaker 4: Who is in there?
Speaker 7: David Blaine?
Speaker 4: David Blaine is in there.
Speaker 5: Yes, what about Australia's Colossomy.
Speaker 4: He's brilliant.
Speaker 7: Time He's great.
Speaker 1: David Blaine is at number four years ago. He came in on the show and stayed for an hour afterwards doing magic.
Speaker 4: Card tricks for the office.
Speaker 1: We took him to the account's department because I said, you know, let's see they get impressed by nothing, and even they were impressed with he was incredible. At number five, Pen and Tenna, they are geniuses. David Blaine is at the fort.
Speaker 4: Chris Angel remember him, mind freak the illusionist at number two.
Speaker 1: Think about in our time of the last twenty years, who was like box office around the world.
Speaker 4: He moved something?
Speaker 7: Oh he was married to Claudias.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, David Copperfields is a statue liberty big that what.
Speaker 12: It was?
Speaker 4: Crap as well? What do you do?
Speaker 1: And at number one, shout out to Harry Houdini. Right now there's ten year olds being dropped up school going who the hell is Harry dani all Right? Magic bands, Harry Styles, Potter, Silver Fleetwood, McGonagall, gold Abba Cadabra Aba Cadabra, Whodini and the Blowfish Silver.
Speaker 4: Hen and Teller Swift.
Speaker 7: Oh that's very good, Gold class and.
Speaker 4: Seek freedom, Roy Orbison gold real what have you got? Magic bands?
Speaker 7: Tricky Martin? What Tricky Martin?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No magicians go They didn't do a tricky. They do a trick, all right, Silver.
Speaker 7: The who Deeny Who Deanie is? Gold Blind Merlin.
Speaker 4: Oh that's very good as well.
Speaker 7: Gold and Sharman at work, Yes, alright.
Speaker 3: Gold, Christian connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's show time wasted today one of that. I'm calling it now one the rest of the year. Wow, great work. Everybody texting in brilliant bringhim and it's so smart. Magic bands. The reason why we're doing magic bands today, asked the greater listener. Vanishing Act yesterday with the ratings, where.
Speaker 8: Did they go.
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 7: You can bring them back there?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we better ad Oh there'll be another Vanishing.
Speaker 17: Act anyway, come on, fuck me, lady Tadah very good Gold, justin, well done, earth Winder no earth Wander Fire silver plus Snape Dog if you know you know, well done?
Speaker 4: Who did that?
Speaker 1: Chris Gillespie, Well done, Billy Potion, Anthony.
Speaker 4: The three Hide Piece. What I'm big?
Speaker 1: Glenn Motley Houdini Silver one, Misdirection gold, that's very clever, Constantina Arena goldf Lee Collins, well done for that one. Guns and Rabbits silver, Luther Wandross Oh, Yep, silver plus Magic Mike and Mechanics Silver Magic, Astley Gold Chris, is this your CARDI B?
Speaker 4: Is this your Cardi B?
Speaker 1: Richard's that's very good, Chris cross Angel gonna make you Witchie Houston silver plus, boys in the Hodini Bronze, the Ambra Kadoobie Brothers Bronze. This is great, this one nothing up my Sleevey Nicks, Sleepy Nicks. Very good teacher, Chris, well done, the Volda Morty Morty Boss Tones silver plus.
Speaker 4: Nathan's than that one. Penn Stefani, Who's that?
Speaker 1: Brett Malts is very good Brend Stefani instead of Blondie Wondy Gold. Lauren's got sleight of handle. Yes, the classical musician. That's very good, Lauren. One of the odds you gave the gold, She's called Lauren gold house a Blaine, Oh Gold Wizard Khalifa gonna get a whiz Khalifa reference on the gold schor artist from us to.
Speaker 4: And iHeart Live each Time.
Speaker 1: Spelvis Presley silver plus, not the Doors of Dumbledores, Not Grinspoon, Ben Spoon, Oh God from Richard Goldsmith Bens Spoon instead of Grinspoon's Great Notorious b I, Genie Silver, Mattalla picked my card, any cars.
Speaker 4: Plus a card, any card.
Speaker 1: Wow, Kyle Smith, well done, Levitate, Perry Silva turning boys to men, turning boys to men s the prize as well. Philva should have been Goldmark Weather Ah, I knew it was a trick.
Speaker 4: No, No, that's that's Joshua. I believe Elton's gone gone, fu E's gone.
Speaker 15: He was.
Speaker 4: White Snape, Silva, Stevie.
Speaker 1: I wonder how he did that, Stevie, I wonder how he did that well on Greg Illusion, I am illusion. Silva and Van Nashing Hayden.
Speaker 7: That's really good.
Speaker 1: God, they were so good. Wow, absolutely brilliant effort.
Speaker 4: Great job.
Speaker 1: Hard to pick which one is today's winner. There's so many great ones.
Speaker 9: I've got so many written down, but Mateal Picker guard any card, Kyle.
Speaker 1: Smith, as Smith, you're today's Winna enjoy you win. A great night out. We are back tomorrow. Thank you so much for joining us. Take care and have a great day.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show go on podcast. He's a