Speaker 1: The Chris Jan O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three Live from Level two twenty one to thirty one, Goodwood Street. Wretchmen, this is the Chris John o'connal Breakfast Show on Nolvin's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Hey good one in six minutes past six Wednesday Morning Show number eighty one for us, Show number eighty one on this morning show them big things you need to know about. We've got tickets Melbourne Cup Carnival. Is it coming six thirty this morning? More tickets. It's Oaks Day today. We've got tickets go to Oakstay at six thirty. Seven thirty Eagles tickets are back. More chaos trying to win those at seven point thirty. It's a thing that I thought would be really simple. We've just tried it before the show. It's actually quite complicated. As waiting for you at half seven. Now. Before that, at some point in our relationship with me starting a new life in this country and in this great city Melbourne, with my family, we were going to have this conversation about the animals that you have here. Now's the time to have this conversation. Yesterday I'm just having an innocent physio session, right, and the guy who I've been seeing for the last couple of weeks, someone has savage his ear, and I thought, I need to say something, start politeness, and I just went, as only men will say to another dude, what the hell has happened to your ear? It's hanging off and actually looked even though he had a plaster on it, it just looked bad. And he's he's says, I said. Now, magpies had attacked him and his daughter over the weekend. Cost your mind. That beautiful weather of the weekend. He went cycling with him and his daughter. Magpies start attacking them. He said that they go crazy for the helmets. They just they just can't. They just start getting annoyed and they start dive bombing his daughter, knock her off the bike. Then they turn on him and they rip his ear. What is the problem with magpies? What's their problem?
Speaker 3: That means they've got in and under the helmet to get the yes, true enough, that's it.
Speaker 2: They are so close to taking over the city.
Speaker 3: You'll see people with bike helmets that have cable tirees coming out on the top of them. Zip tires because that is to deter the magpie from hitting the helmet.
Speaker 4: Does it work though?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I guess it's like a spiky little deterrent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you mean, like a Viking helmet with a spike on? Really? You know that you have the wall where you don't want pigeons or goals landing on it? Now that on you on your bike?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why are they so aggressive? Why've had magpies in my life for years? Right? I come here? Why was he magpie so aggressive?
Speaker 6: It's their mama bear for their chick. Are they called chicks? For their babies? They're protecting their babies.
Speaker 2: But if you're just cycling on with your daughter, you go in nowhere near their nest or roofs to what have you called? Don't you doing them no harm? But if you're rooting around up a tree, I understand.
Speaker 6: It's like a big radius though, isn't it around their nest? I wonder how far they patrol and protect that area like it?
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's so dangerous. And then who was it you saw? Yes?
Speaker 6: I saw the snake catcher in my local street yesterday. Is Jewey the snake catcher stew eat the snake catcher sign.
Speaker 2: Is he doing this like wandering around like the old kiddie catcher in the Bang Snakes Snakes?
Speaker 6: People call him when they've got a snake in their house. We had a tiger snake two streets away over winter.
Speaker 2: Listen, I've never heard of such a snake in my life. From palm Land, we don't have any snakes. All we have is worms. What is a tiger snake between a tiger and a snake.
Speaker 4: It's the appearance of it.
Speaker 6: It's got like a striped striped skin and it's one of the most deadly.
Speaker 4: You don't want a tiger snake in your back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they are the most deadly.
Speaker 2: But I'm not going to get They're not here, are they? Yes?
Speaker 6: I hate to tell you there was one in the CBDA last summer.
Speaker 2: How did he get in on the tram?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 4: I think they come up.
Speaker 2: It's got mikey cock come up.
Speaker 4: From the yarra.
Speaker 2: All right this morning. Then I want your animal advice. Make this specific. Not if I go wandering for days in the outbouk with my family here in Melbourne, what animals do I need to get scared of? Okay? Nine four one four, one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Have you tucked into your walnuts by the way yet?
Speaker 3: I didn't bring him in this morning.
Speaker 2: We've got them. Don't worry. Put them aside. Yesterday you left quickly. Yesterday We've got your bag of walnuts. You believe that this is these are these activated walnuts, these brett It's brain food. It'll activate the brain. I love this, you know. I'm another one. If there's anything that says it's going to activate, energize, give me more mental stamina. I'm on right now. I'm trying a new herbal drink this morning. Corter set mushroom powder.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, mushrooms there on their way.
Speaker 2: Now the Shaga, the Lion Maine and now.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: I actually eased up on the Lion's Maine because I went two big on lines made. At one point I thought my my teeth were talking to me. It was just it actually made me a little bit too crazy. During the show, I was sweating and stuff at this and people were actually worried about I found lines made to beds of mushroom. I thought it was Yeah, I had to ease up on the line.
Speaker 7: May.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the quarter set is going to do to me, but if I go strange the next couple of hours, it's that working, okay.
Speaker 3: And when my lines man hits the letterbox next week, monitor me during the show.
Speaker 4: When getting this stuff this we've got a.
Speaker 2: Guy who could sort you out. First, bumps on him. You until we can help you out. We can help you out, all right, And so we're looking for animal advice this morning. I need animal advice. Five months in this country, I'm now hearing about the magpies. I thought it was just like, you know, kind of spiders and snakes. Now it's the magpies we've got to watch out for.
Speaker 3: It's because everything is coming out of hibernation. Winter's finished, ringing started. You know what, You've got to be wary of.
Speaker 2: Bear's Nietzsche.
Speaker 3: You're German, shepping, She's used to running around parks. I imagine with just rabbits and ly lions everything, he's safe.
Speaker 2: Now. I think you're basing that on seeing Watership Down as a kid or Richard CURTISHUGM movies. That is in the thing. It's not just bucking In Palace, Rabbits and Daniel and long Grass and Downton Abbey.
Speaker 3: There's nothing that she can scare from a bush that could harm everybody. And now as she goes looking, I mean we saw just walking the dogs. We saw a blue tangue lizard the other day, which is but it looks like a snake, and you go, if they're out, snakes are out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yesterday morning I let her out for a morning peede. I could do every single morn At four thirty and I was opened the door there was an animal that made a noise. Neither of us said it before, just went, it's like one of our only callers, and this is a German shepherd dog. She'd actually reversed back into the kitchen in the darkness. Never heard it before, don't care for it, don't like it. And I actually pushed her out and shut the door. But it was this noise we've never heard before. So this morning I want your animal advice. On nine four one four three, Heathery, good morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning, question, Good morning guys.
Speaker 2: How are Yeah, we're really good, Heather, and I hope you well as well. Thanks for calling the show mate, And what can you on me about them. What's your animal advice?
Speaker 9: Definitely arm In Pakenham and there was a red belly black snake that was on the weakend at the local park which is close to a lake. And I think the second deadliest snake in the world.
Speaker 2: Of course, why all the deadliest ones here? I think, like the top one thousand deadest snakes.
Speaker 3: Awful, I honestly think we have. I think we have nine of the top ten deadly snakes.
Speaker 9: What so, what's this one called red belly black snake?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: That with the tiger snaw. I'm gonna have to carry around a chart with me.
Speaker 9: Go wait there, the brown snakes are deadly.
Speaker 2: Nasty, right, So if that's a brown snake, and what is the best thing to do, what do you do? Freeze?
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, don't run, don't don't shake the ground near it because it will attack. So it's just basically standstill and just hope.
Speaker 2: It goes away from you. I've got no idea how it was going to shake the ground near it. Those get my hammer out and shake the ground.
Speaker 9: Well, just be kept with the dogs, that's the main thing as well've been a few dogs and kids have been bitten by snakes just trying to water their dogs if there was one the other day on the news, right.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, what are you supposed to do as well? If you the warning is if you see one with a red belly, stay away from it. But how do you know if you read belly and pick it up and look.
Speaker 2: At I'm not kicking it over to other? Is this a ticklet's belly? Go oh red one? That was a mistake. Back up, kids, everyone, freeze, do not shake the up.
Speaker 4: Just assume they're all bad.
Speaker 2: Christian, all right, give us a call with your animal advice.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three this morning.
Speaker 2: I'm after some advice the mummy. You just enjoyed terrifying this pomy. What can you tell me about animals I need to look out for here in Melbourne? I've just found out now about how angry, I mean really aggressive and psycho your magpies are even dangerous here. What other animals do I need to be well? So it's tiger snakes, brown anything, brown brown snake and the red bellied black snake.
Speaker 3: Black snake.
Speaker 2: Right, okay, so even in the CBD and out in bass, said I need to look out for those. Yeah, yes, Steve, no christ yoh Steve, what do we need to look out for?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good? What's your animal advice?
Speaker 7: Well, earlier this year many night were clear in the backyard doing the lawns and clearing up. There a couple of poles of sticks in the backyard and they went and picked one of the poles of sticks up and and Easton Brand watched me actually got him on the wrist. What happened, Well, he's coming in with the two short punchlines and he turned what and had a chat and checked his pulses. Okay, So we hadn't identified the snag at that stage fully and so just waited a little bit and then he had a beer and he was okay, So.
Speaker 2: So the answertope is beer.
Speaker 7: Well we ended up was beer in this case. Here. He had a beer and another beer after that, and he was okay.
Speaker 3: A you so no side effects?
Speaker 7: No, no, it's no side effiicture out towards We identified at about twenty minutes later, half an hour later, and by that stage he was okay, I think it just raised.
Speaker 2: My kids get attacked by one of those they just have a beer and it's all absolutely Steve. That's good advice. Than give very much, doctor Steve. There John Goodring, oh alright, yeah, pretty good Johnny bye, danks a good on the show. What's your animate advice for me.
Speaker 3: Steve bull mull the one bulland what's the bull out?
Speaker 8: Then?
Speaker 2: What's the difference between an ant your common on guard and aunt and the bull ant?
Speaker 5: A bull and is probably about four times of size and more aggressive than a snake.
Speaker 2: Four times. It's got bull horns.
Speaker 4: It's like an ant on steroids.
Speaker 6: It's a big ant den or stings when it bites you on the ankle.
Speaker 5: Really, that's right. And they're more aggressive than the snake. And I tell you what. They chase you.
Speaker 2: Hm, they chase you, chase come on, there's only so much I'm going to listen to. Your aunts aren't chasing me? Are they what they're working with the magpies and the aerial support.
Speaker 5: They get up on the hind legs and they chase you.
Speaker 2: No, they don't, come on and h't that's get off the buggy. I got nothing to compare it. When you say it's things like buggery, I don't know that's something else I need to look out for here as well.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Right now, then we've got a double pass to send you off to Kennedy Oaks Day. The world can wait. The Melbourne Cup Carnival is coming. We've got Kennedy Oaks Day tickets. It's obviously on the Thursday of the est of November. Double pass. Another song is at the races. This one is a lot harder than yesterday's uh no wrong answers? Yesterday it was so easy. This one is a lot harder. What song is at the races? So listen to producer Braddy used to be a bookie. He's at the races commentating.
Speaker 10: There are It's I Ney and the easy free three links, I do whip, we're purring to len I do didn't you fit this shoe?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: And they're turning for home?
Speaker 7: I do?
Speaker 2: Won't you have a clue? Tracked on the inside, will take in ventage? Moving aw? Why do I nes got upp and one one?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: What's the song of the races? Nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: This time of the show, every single day this week, giving you a chance to go to the Melbourne Cup Carnival. Today it's Oaks Day's gonna listen to this? There's the song at the races? What's the song there are?
Speaker 10: It's I Ney and the easy free three links, I do whip.
Speaker 2: We're purring to len? I do think you vic this shoe?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: And turning for home?
Speaker 7: I do?
Speaker 2: Won't you have a clue? Trunked on the inside while taking vendage?
Speaker 7: Moving up?
Speaker 2: Fine?
Speaker 9: Do I know?
Speaker 2: He's got up? And one? All right, let's go to the lines. Good morning, Lee, Good morning?
Speaker 5: How are you Christian?
Speaker 2: I'm good Lee? You well this morning?
Speaker 5: Mate?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I'm fine mate, beautiful morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah? All right? And Lee, what do you think the song is that you're hearing at the races? Is it?
Speaker 1: Ab?
Speaker 2: I do have? Are I too? Wow? No, it's not that one, buddy. Ah, alright, Lee, thanks for tiy and may have a good day.
Speaker 3: A genuine surprise he thought he had that.
Speaker 2: Then corner Rick Rick has hung up and he has the right answer. What I'm Rick? We do needed to actually, at least cause.
Speaker 3: That's how our new calls coming in.
Speaker 2: So did he think it was the Amber one and thought I've got I'm not got, he said all the way through.
Speaker 3: John Cougar Mellon Camp and then producer Max what what are we gonna do?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: Rick's gone all right, Okay, Well we'll just wait for Rick to call us back. Meanwhile, after seven o'clock this morning on the show I want to find out. Yesterday we were chatting to a caller on five TOI Bit Tuesday, and he was telling us a story about getting into trouble at school and he casually just regarded his teacher at the time. He just went so bunchin came in and he carried on. Now, I think at every single school, no matter where you went to school, all over the world, you had certain teachers that had nicknames. They wouldn't have been aware of them, you know. And to this morning, I want to see we can find the very best teacher nicknames. Okay, So if you had a nickname for your teachers at school that is broadcastable, please let me know. After seven o'clock this morning on nine four one four one four three, where is Rick?
Speaker 5: Rick?
Speaker 2: You called in? You've got the right answer, you won tickets to go to Oaks Day. Producers, what's going on out there? Doesn't even know how to use that micro He is not picking up his phone. So what do we doing?
Speaker 3: Just give it? It can't count somebody else.
Speaker 2: Chuck someone on, Chuck someone on air?
Speaker 3: Then, oh I know the answer?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean producers. I don't know. You know, radio works. And if anyone else is calling him with the right answer, they're more than all goings to come on air.
Speaker 3: Now, is there a rule where you have to be like Rick was the first and now he has to win as long as they've made due effort to call him back.
Speaker 2: I think is the give us anyone?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: All right, let's try to chuck some more people on air now that should have the answer? Tim, Hey, Timmy, what have you got for us? What's the song of the races.
Speaker 5: About a girl?
Speaker 2: Get it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Tim is no Rick?
Speaker 7: You Rick?
Speaker 2: There you go?
Speaker 8: So it's this songasy, thank you?
Speaker 2: But I'm timing you're off to Oaks Day. Nice one, buddy, All right, take reck if you seem they're more chance to win tomorrow morning. After seven o'clock this morning, I'm looking for your best teacher nicknames on night four four one oh four three. Here's what's going to happen. Our boss will get a cool after ten o'clock from Rick moaning about where is tickets.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Big show today, Eagles tickets are back. You are going to be singing for these yesterday doing guitar licks. We're up in the games. I thought this would be really straightforward. We tried a quick round of it before the show. It could fall apart, but we'll find out how you get on with it in about half an hour's time. But the Eagles tickets are back this morning at seven thirty. Before that then, yeah, yesterday we're doing five TI But Tuesday and one of the talk to us about have you got in trouble at school? Tells your story and getting all these amazing stories. One of you comes on and just says casually about bum chin. Okay, just starts mentioned about some tech called bum chin, and I'm thinking we've got to talk about teaching. Nicknames we had at my high school. One bum We had a teacher, and some of my best friends are teachers. You know, these are real people. However, as kids, we had zero empathy and we were little kits. Kids are monsters. Again. I love my kids, but at times they are feelingless monsters. And we all called this teacher behind her her about one bum because there was a rumor, you know, when you don't even question stuff at school, there was a rumor she'd been in a car accident and had one of her butt cheeks removed. It's not even possible, I know as nod it's a kid one bum, so we.
Speaker 3: See by the shape of a pants or skill.
Speaker 2: But we convinced ourselves of the lie that she had one. Just asked there was no two butt.
Speaker 3: Cheeks and stuff the other one with a pillow.
Speaker 2: I don't know what we've gone for her, but it was one bum. So this morning and we're looking for your best teacher nicknames or nine four one four one oh four three? Who do you have, Patsy.
Speaker 4: We had a couple at my school.
Speaker 6: We had Gobble Doc who is mister Scott our science teacher.
Speaker 3: She had the gobble Dog. There is a character on TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's what I thought.
Speaker 4: You know that potato?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yes, And he got so jack of it one day that he bailed one of the year eight.
Speaker 4: Kids up up against the wall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how many times did this happen during a lesson where the teacher lost the plot and just grabbed a glam yea and just snapped and just run him into the wall? I am and to me once with a teacher yelling at me, I thought he was going to punch me in the face. And do you know if he had done, nothing would have happened, right, he would have been high five in the star from the tea she punched that O'Connell.
Speaker 4: Kidd, God bless.
Speaker 6: The other one was Blinky Bill, mister Bellas our graphics teacher. Because he had an eye twitch. We used to call him blinky Bill. Isn't that nasty?
Speaker 4: That's it mean?
Speaker 2: It's mean. And I just want to say, you know, I know they probably teach listeners right now pulling over crying. I thought of going back into these kids and if you do that, honestly, it's an incredible job. But we're just saying back in the day we did this. You know we know better now. But yeah, I want to know the best teacher nicknames? Alex, good morning, and Alex, what's her teacher nickname for? Us.
Speaker 12: Just before I say this thing, I just want to say he was an awesome teacher.
Speaker 2: I know that we're all good people. Now we're grown up, we've got half we realize it. However, going back ten twenty years, whenever it was for you, Alex, what was her nickname?
Speaker 12: Old Turkey Neck?
Speaker 3: We all know why.
Speaker 2: We can visualize it now, the maths teacher Turkey Neck.
Speaker 12: But do the sting where wherever he was angry, he kind of grumbled and shook his head.
Speaker 2: Pe teachers, math teachers, chemistry teachers. That's why we kind of classify who lost their mind the most. Alex, thanks a lot, you killed Bud. They have a good day, Evett. Hey, how's it going really good? And what's your teacher? Nickname?
Speaker 13: Was Napoleon Dynamite?
Speaker 2: Was it a short person? What was the Napoleon Dynamite?
Speaker 13: He was literally a spitting image of Napoleon Dynamite.
Speaker 3: She is down the track, the big the big curly hair, the glasses, everything down.
Speaker 2: To a t. That's brilliant. All right, thank you very much of it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, Looking for your best teacher nicknames. Christian, we had Basil Bunker, the biscuit cruncher, Basil Bunker, the biscuit cruncher, A presuming he just munched his biscuits noisily. That's not prior to that one any further. Christian with a geography teacher that we nicknamed Erko, after the most violent ape in planet the Apes. He was a crazy, hairy pe teacher who terrified everyone. We just called him Erko.
Speaker 7: I love that though.
Speaker 2: That's a creative one. Is the most violent ape and planet the Apes. Christian, we had small balls due to his excessive rubbing of the area during every lesson. Let's go to the lines, John, Good morning, Good morning, Good morning, John, Welcome to the show. John, teach you nick names? What have you got for us?
Speaker 14: We had spitfire, spitfire why so every time.
Speaker 15: He spat.
Speaker 12: Spit and he was angry, it was like a shower.
Speaker 2: All right, John, Thank you very much? Cool? Sam? Yeah, Hello, Hello Sam? And what's your teaching nickname for me?
Speaker 14: Lobster?
Speaker 2: Lobster? Why lobster?
Speaker 16: Because he was missing his two middle fingers.
Speaker 2: Why did I ask? Why did I take you guess?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 2: Lobster? Sam? Thank you? Very much. Well, good morning, hey, good morning, all right, Well, what's your teaching nickname?
Speaker 17: My son's nickname for his teacher was miss post we be oh because she had really curtly here and still to this dage she's called that by other students.
Speaker 3: Will I'm hoping I'm gonna misheard you.
Speaker 2: But pubes on the heads head it's terrible. Absolutely, I've never heard that. Freaks my life. It's not conting out of my head. Now I'm going to be changed forever. I've got that in my mind. Now we all are Pubes on the head. Good lord, this country there we got here? Does do?
Speaker 17: Just go?
Speaker 5: Disc let's go.
Speaker 2: It is good morning, guys, disco, welcome to the show. And what's his teacher nickname?
Speaker 5: Ned Flanders?
Speaker 2: Of course Ned Flounders? And why Ned? Did he look like Ned?
Speaker 7: Dude?
Speaker 6: He looked identical to He had the same voice, and every time he spoke would say toutally every time he.
Speaker 2: Talks, he would not he would.
Speaker 5: The worst part is the worst.
Speaker 17: Part is I can't remember his real I'm only known by nick.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 2: I love that. That's a great one. Thank you very much, you cool, keep this coming. Teacher nicknames nine four one four, one four three. Let's try this one. I'm going to turn this one. That's just coming into a game, right. This is a nickname for a chemistry teacher who apparently fell in the creek one afternoon on the school grounds. What do you think they nicknamed him? He fed in the creek one day in the school grounds. What do you think they nicknamed him? Texting and I'll give you the answer next on four seventy five three one oh four.
Speaker 1: Three The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, we're talking about your best teacher nicknames. No, Joe, it wasn't swampy for the chemistry teacher that fed in the creek, wasn't drowned, drowned labrat. It was just simply blobbing Christian. We called a teacher fingers. I'm not reading out the second half of that. Andy, Good morning, Good morning Andy. What was the teacher nickname? Mate?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 15: We had a little lady called miss Wilkinson, and she had a She used to over pronounce all her tease, and she used to say things like, wouldn't it be nice if all the boys could behave themselves? So we called her, wouldn't it. She's also a bit large in the chest area.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, and thank you very much, and thanks Peter. Good morning, Good mine, Christian.
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good. I'm now thinking this might have been a bad idea, actually, especially because I just presume that people would actually give out the actual teacher's name. Every single corner has done that. All right, Peza, what have you got for us?
Speaker 7: We had a teacher for geography and Lisa really stirring up terribly back of the day, and.
Speaker 11: He turned bright red.
Speaker 7: I mean, he's just glowing, and it's we called him white.
Speaker 3: It did become almost like a sport for kids, didn't it to wind up the teacher?
Speaker 2: We had one horrible We'd had one who had no control over us, right, and why used to look forward to his lessons every week because it was just a game to see how quickly we could annoy him. And what a terrible way to treat another human being. But I'm free to say that's what we did. His name was mister Saul, and his real name was Adrian. His first name was Age and we got him Super eight because he was so he had no control over us and what he would do is he would storm out of the classroom. It was a competition to see who were the first person to get him to walk every lesson he would walk out the classroom after a while, and I once went to I felt so sorry for him, right, I went to go and find him to actually say, hey, come on, come back in. It's okay, come back in for round two. I found him under a stairwell, literally just sort of with his head in his hands. I saw a poor man on the edge and I went on and you know the thing where you rubbed someone on the back. I was fifteen. I start, do you know any pat on the back where he looks sut and his lower lips started to go. He started to actually cry. And it was then when I was oh, this is just awful.
Speaker 3: No, it was in your head that you thought the other kids are gonna love this.
Speaker 2: You're a bad man, all right, No more of these now. We got Eagles tickets coming up next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell break the Shows ten weeks of tickets. Every morning at seven thirty am, you'll chance to win tickets to the biggest shows in town. That's right. And this week, halfway through ten weeks of tickets, Week five, it's all about the Eagles. Eagles World Tour Tuesday, March the fifth of the Rod Laver Arena. Tickets go on sound Monday, October fifteenth through Ticketech. Gonna set out in nanoseconds. We have your tickets before they even go on sal come on over the next couple of weeks. I have a spreadsheet in front of me. Can't stand spreadsheets to make me feel physically sick. However, I need one for ten weeks of tickets. I've got a special spreadsheet and I'm gonna use it to tell you what's coming up Next week. Phil Collins is back VP. We've got Phield Collins VIP. Then it's Red Hot Summer. I see Barnsey Live VIP tickets Maroon five. Then it's Kevin Hart, the world's biggest comedian. Looking forward to seeing that show. Actually, and we got bon Jovi coming up as well. That's the next five weeks via I ten weeks of tickets, all right, Eagle this morning. Then, I'm excited about this. We have had a run through Jack and I have actually gone through this a couple of times, just singing for the Eagles tickets. Yesterday it was the guitar lick just from Life and the fast lange. It does have a Listen to this all right, before we even said anything, just have to listen to this. It's innocent, it's easy, there's nothing we scared of. Okay, wonderful one of the biggest selling songs of all time. Now what I the dream this morning? The dream this morning is an h two or three of you call in to do the harmonies together. All right. Now, you can call in alone and you'll have to do all the parts yourself. That's fine. But if there's two of you, might be one of the kids at home before you get them chucked them in the car going to the school run. Might be you and a mate. If you can't pull in together on your work and help a couple of trades on site right now, they want to call in and be the Eagles. So this is what I need you to do. You've got the first line. You don't need to worry about that.
Speaker 7: That's on us.
Speaker 2: One of you need to do this next line, and this next line and this next line. So it's three lines. Okay, now, Jack I and Pats. We're going to try this now, Pats, so it's it. That's the first line. It's this line.
Speaker 3: That's a lovely place.
Speaker 2: Such a lovely place, such.
Speaker 1: A lovely face.
Speaker 3: Who that was?
Speaker 2: That was good? All right, Let's do it one more time. You've been the first thing at the time, the second performance anxiety all right, okay, okay, alright, let me try. We can do this. Such a lovely place.
Speaker 6: Such a lovely place, such a lovely face sang.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so are there two of you listening. You can call it into this. You can do it. It's a three simmer twos. Oh. If you can't do that, we're not giving you Eagles tickets for that. We need people to do this, okay.
Speaker 3: But you can have two people. You can do first singer, second singer, first singer again.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, or you can call it alone as well. But the dream is if we can get two of you doing it together. Okay, nine four one four one oh four three to win Eagles sing like the Eagles.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, trying to give away some more Eagles tickets ten weeks of tickets, your chance to win tickets every single morning with us on the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show at seven point thirty. So this morning we're asking you to would you call these backing vocals of harmonies chair backing vocals like the Eagles. So the first line is on us. Then you did the next three a little bit there. All right, let's see how they're gonna get on. So what we're gonna hear now? Then there are some people who are singing solo. They've got all three different lines, and there are some there are some people calling in. I could see now the lines. People playing in the car with the wives, also with kids. Let's find out how this goes. Michelle, good morning, Hi, good morning. How are you okay? So Michelle, I'm really well. Thanks. We were playing along with us and calling the show. Introduce me to who else is in your band your Eagles? Who have you got?
Speaker 18: Well, I've got myself and my nine year old daughter Emily.
Speaker 2: Right, okay, So have you had a little run through a little rehearsal?
Speaker 7: We have we have?
Speaker 2: All right? Good luck? Then Michelle and Emily singing now for you as the Eagles describe the scene. Where about Si you are? You are home, You in the kitchen.
Speaker 19: We're in the kitchen getting ready for school.
Speaker 2: All right, so listen to Michelle. I'll play you the first line in to queue. You guys up, all right, yep, sure, three two.
Speaker 19: One welcome, such a lovely place. That's a lovely pray, such a lovely face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, away away, that is very good. Stay there. Michelle and Emily live in the kitchen. Adrian, good morning, good morning. Okay, Adrian introduced me to your eagles. Who's in the band introduced me to the band.
Speaker 5: My wife, Christine?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so you guys ready, yay, all right Christine, Adrian, good luck Eagles, and here go. I'll give you the first line.
Speaker 19: Such a lovely place, sac you lovely place, such a lovely face.
Speaker 3: I love the stiltedness, a little dead space.
Speaker 2: Then like that about Christine. Okay, all right, let's go to h you're stuck in the current traffic. We've got Christine here. Good morning, Christine, good morning. I listen. So you've got to do all these three lines by yourself. You ready, I'm ready?
Speaker 3: Can you do us a favor? I want the two voices to still sound distinct. Yes, like see if there's a single one singing to back to single one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you can do that.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna try a right then.
Speaker 2: Okay, Christine singing in her car.
Speaker 20: Such a lovely place, such a lovely place, such a lovely pace, graceful.
Speaker 2: That sounded great, Christine, You're a star. Stay there, strong performance. There almost a slightly crazy different three voices, weren't they? Who was the one in the middle. I didn't know who that character was, Such a lovely place, some of some hormone stuff, who knows? Danielle, good morning, good morning, Good morning, Danielle. So you got your sister with you?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 9: We're massive Eagles fans.
Speaker 2: Oh brilliant. So introduced the band. Then, who's your sister?
Speaker 9: Just as Natalie?
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning girls, Daniela, Natalie, you'll love and gold one at four point three singing is the Eagles? Good luck? I'll give you the first line.
Speaker 19: Such a lovely glad, such a love playing, such a love.
Speaker 21: Ment it and I love it terrifying. Wow, whoa, that's a good turn, didn't Chloe?
Speaker 2: One last contestant this morning before we go into the live sing off Chloe. Good morning, Good morning, Chloe. So where are you you on the road?
Speaker 16: No, I'm just popped out the front of the school that I work at, ready.
Speaker 8: To go to work.
Speaker 2: Are you a teacher?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 2: What do you teach?
Speaker 19: I teach senior school.
Speaker 11: I teach English.
Speaker 7: I teach her.
Speaker 11: Lots of things.
Speaker 2: And you didn't hear between seven and seven third?
Speaker 19: What did you say?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 2: No, nothing, I was just I did a whole half hour about are we We got people call in an thank their favorite teachers, and I just want to get a chance to say thank you for all the great work you do on behalf of all teachers and all pupils all over the world. So well done you, Chloe.
Speaker 15: Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: That's all right, that's right, all right. So Chloe, you ready to see You've got to do all the three different parts yourself.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and you want different voices?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Yeah? You ready? Okay, you can do this, Chloe, Off you go.
Speaker 19: That's your lovely place, love.
Speaker 2: It's friend of It's.
Speaker 3: Very nice, it is.
Speaker 2: That's the crazy characters, the middle singer. All right, who are we going to put into the live sing off? Now?
Speaker 3: I love Michelle and Adora.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Michelle and Emma. Let's cool. Went back to the live sing off. But who are they singing against?
Speaker 3: Christine was the best solo I think, doing all three voices.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that's that's fair. Okay, let's get Christine back. Okay, Christine, you're back up.
Speaker 20: Oh thank you?
Speaker 2: All right, So again you introduced us to some great characters. There was a crazy middle one. You need to channel that demon wherever it was again and sing once more for the Eagles tickets. You're now live and the sing off final. Are you ready? Good luck? Off you go.
Speaker 20: Such a lovely place, such a lovely place, such a lovely face.
Speaker 2: Beautiful, very very good. All right, mother and daughter, we go back to Michelle. Yes, Michelle, yes, the Prime. They're ready to go. They've got stuff to do. Then the school run. All right, is Emily ready?
Speaker 11: She's ready?
Speaker 2: Actually know it's a stake so high.
Speaker 19: Now, yes, she does, she does. She's been wanting to go for ages.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, right you ready, Michelle, I'm ready?
Speaker 7: Do it?
Speaker 19: Well, such a lovely place, such a love because it's such a lovely face.
Speaker 2: You know I've got you're getting the tickets. They're not so much just being without for Emily, that beautiful tenderness in the voice there was just you won our hearts. There you want the chickens. Some mom enjoyed the Eagles. Yay, well down everyone, thank you very much for making that work.
Speaker 5: That was great.
Speaker 18: Mombank you.
Speaker 2: Breakfast chose ten wigs of tickets swing tickets to the critically acclaimed Eagles. World to it tomorrow morning at seven.
Speaker 9: Thirty Christian Common Breakfast chose one O four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, so let's try this. This is an experiment. In the next twenty minutes. You know, to go on your phones. You're not to go on Google, You're not to go on the internet. Try and find the answer. We're gonna go back to a time that isn't really that long ago, before there was Google, before there was the internet. Yesterday, I'm walking the dog and if you've got a dog, then you'll know this is the greatest day in a dog's life. Double walk and one early in the morning, another one in a yea yeah, they get so excited. Another one believe it? What I won? Is it my birthday? There's somebody able back out front of the walk, get in right. You know they're leaping the car and all this. So I'm out walking the German shepherd dog with my youngest daughter, little lower suits eleven, and we're on the beach shoppert mentone and it's it's got like a slate gray evening. It's coming in and it's it's been showers in the afternoon. But anyway, the dog sees another dog. They do what dogs do would They start to have a little sniff at the backsides And then Lois goes to me, why do they do that? And Yeah, I didn't know my phone on me. I died realized I left in a car. So I was like, I tried to try and work towards an answer in front of her very eyes, and I thought, do you know what I'm going to I'm going to take this on air tomorrow morning to see if we can work this out. So here's what we're going to do, Dur in the next twenty minutes. We're going to try and work out why do we're gonna use our collective brain pound because I think you're smarter than Google. We're going to try this now, We're going to use our collective brain power us in a studio, you listening let's try and work out an answer. Why do dogs sniff each other's butts? All right, we don't do as humans. I'm not ensure are there are any animals.
Speaker 4: That do it to dolphins?
Speaker 2: Dolphins do it. I don't know what you and your husband Chris do in the bedroom. That's not my business, Pats. Okay, So I'm going to play a song and I want you Jack to everything. Perhaps you everythink as well. When we come back from the song, I want you guys to tell me why you think it is. And I want people to call in as well. Right now, do not cheat, please, don't cheat. Okay, Let's see if we can do this without going online, because my instincts when I got home, you say, was to go online. No, no, no, I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 3: So to anyone who can formulate a theory, they don't have to know the answer they do.
Speaker 2: We don't know who's listen, Let's try and work this out together. Why do dogs sniff each other's butts?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So I'm taking you back to a time we're trying to experiment right now on the show where we're saying, don't go to your phones, don't go to Google, don't google this, don't go to the internet to try and work this answer out. My elevene old daughter yesterday asked me when another dog came sniff the butt of our dog, why do they do that? That's a great question. Someone just text it in here. Because they can't shake hands. Mark, that's a great let's use that as our starting point. So we're going to try this. Then can we try and collectively you and I together work out the answer? Jackhurban having a little thinker notes so notepads out for the first time this year.
Speaker 3: I've got two theories, all right. One is like, as humans, when we look over at another person's plate at a restaurant to see what they're eating. But because dogs have such a good smell, they go, I wonder what you've been eating?
Speaker 2: Samster having brat first they're gonna lighted our ships here with the Okay, that's theory one. What's the second one? Mate?
Speaker 3: Maybe it's like, you know how you can smell your own fart and it's not so bad.
Speaker 2: I ask for the second one.
Speaker 3: Maybe dogs have a collective version of that, where each other's farts. They're immune to them.
Speaker 2: We don't know what. We haven't googled it. Pats, what's your theory? You've got a dog slash pony.
Speaker 6: I think they identify by the smell, don't they, because they've got such a strong sense of smell. So are they trying to place people or objects in certain categories?
Speaker 4: Maybe I don't know what.
Speaker 2: So, Oh it's Dave again, Oh it's Terry. Yeah, maybe so they can they can remember the dogs by their smell or the But why.
Speaker 3: Do they have to sniff the button if they've got such a good smell. Yeah, they go, Oh, that's Dave two meters.
Speaker 2: Just tune for lunch, old day, he's got the old windy pops. All right, let's go to lines down. Trying to work this out, Hannah, good.
Speaker 11: Morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 20: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good, and thank you for taking part in this very important radio experiment right now? Why do you think dogs sniff each other's butts?
Speaker 12: So?
Speaker 13: When I was younger, my father he used to tell me that dogs sniffed their butts because the dogs went to a magnificent ball party and all their tails and bums got wet, so they hung them out on the line was dry and they got mixed up with.
Speaker 2: So it's like lost property back there. And this is what your dad told you. Yes, was he high at the time.
Speaker 13: Oh look, he's got many different stories you told me over the years, and that's that was one I just remembered.
Speaker 2: Well, we can't google. We don't know that this is true. Thanks to your dad. Hand up. Thanks according and let's try David.
Speaker 5: Hell, can I.
Speaker 2: Speak to David please?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Great's Christian here from the radio.
Speaker 5: Show and David Australia. Christian.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you David. He's welcome me five months later David. Listen, buddy, let's try this out there. Why do you think dogs do that? One letter? Snip each other's butts.
Speaker 22: Dogs like to chase each other. And except for guide dogs, I think most dogs have got low vision, so they need to smell each other's backs to work out which way the dog's walking.
Speaker 3: I think I think dogs still have good vision. I mean, my dog can catch a.
Speaker 2: Ball in the air.
Speaker 3: You have to be able to see the ball.
Speaker 2: Exactly when we never seen them take the old eye test, you know, covering over one eye on the old dog face and going see that can you do the top line? Can you need the bottom line? You can do all of them? Guide dog, take him out to the left. All right, David, thanks for your theory. Dan there in fields this morning on the course Dan, Dan, why do you think dogs at each other's butts?
Speaker 5: I reckon it's a version of Facebook, really.
Speaker 2: So, I reckon that's where they do their status update? Is background there? Yeah, this is what we're going to think. Lisa, Hello, Hell are you Lisa? You sound like someone who has the knowledge here about this? Can you help us out and further this to try and get towards an answer?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 16: Look, Christians, honestly, I'd love to accept the effects of the listen.
Speaker 20: It's been so funny. Why spoil a good story.
Speaker 7: With the truth?
Speaker 2: Very very good points. So what's your theory?
Speaker 20: Okay?
Speaker 16: It is a form of greeting. That's where the same glens are and the dogs and so therefore they give each other's but to find out whether or not they're a friend or foe, whether or not they're a male or a female, And they give us different owners about whether or not they're comfortable, and so do I actually you do actually find out who your friend is and once they actually get to know a dog, then they don't bother sniffing the butts anymore because they know that they're a friend. But it is a it is actually a form of greeting because it's the only place that they exclude any sort of odor.
Speaker 3: Imagine being able to tailor a fart so that you can send a message like I could fight and then tell you if you're my family.
Speaker 2: Because it's like DNA is encoded in that sense. Then they can work out whether it's a male or female, and then whether or not it's a friendly dog from I guess pheromones being omitted here.
Speaker 16: That's it, whether or not a fermones. But yes, whether or not just giving our friendly vibes or whether or not of giving up aggressive vibes. And dogs often also when they roll over with their bellies exposed, that's a submissive position to say, I'm a friend, leave me alone.
Speaker 2: Right, gotcha?
Speaker 11: And how do you know this, Lisa, Well, we've put dogs on my life.
Speaker 16: But my grandfather was a vet and this information was passed on to him to my mother and Janede to.
Speaker 3: Us, and you will pass it on one day hopefully too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're spreading the word.
Speaker 16: Now I'm healthy, you are.
Speaker 2: I think you've given us a full stop on this. I now got an answer to tell my daughter Lois, So thank you very much for that. Lisa Kay, oh no.
Speaker 9: You Jack, It's way better.
Speaker 2: All right? Do you know what I think we're going to do this once a week now? Will we try and work out just one answer? Okay? I love doing this world on everyone.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So just now, Jack was telling me about this family kind of weekend that he's organizing, and as soon as I.
Speaker 3: Heard it's Mum who's sent out the calendar invite of all calendar invites.
Speaker 2: This is incredible, So tell everyone what you just told me. So how many people you're looking to plan and invite?
Speaker 3: Mum is trying to get our whole family, including partners as well as her extended family, thirty eight people to Phillip Island, all under the one roof for a summer hol day.
Speaker 2: Are you taking over the whole island?
Speaker 3: It's like from what I can gather, we sleep in dormitories. Liked they must use it for a school camp during the year.
Speaker 2: Lampoons bring Why would you do this?
Speaker 3: The headcout at the moment is thirty eight uncles, cousins, husbands, wives.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know this part of me thinks, aren't be fantastic? All the generations, all the stories. That's the movie version. The real version is she's queuing up for the toilet, so and so taking ages in the shower. Who's where's my special coffee that I brought for this trip? Someone's using that? Are you all eating together? I don't like chicken and vegan. I'm only going to play. I didn't have any boo, so I'm only going to pay for the table water.
Speaker 3: How do we eat all our meals together or cook separately?
Speaker 6: Have you seen Jack's family? They're like the Brady Bunch. They're the happiest, most beautiful group of people.
Speaker 2: They are living under one room. Anyone who's like that, you put butdher in there. He's gonna start swearing and it's going to go a well like Lord of the Flies. It's like it's like survivor the family. Who will leave Granddad? I'm sorry, we're voting you well bye bye dad?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: So who has done this? Who's gone for a large family? You hear about people hiring villains, don't you and stuff like this, and but how many people have you had? So you're looking at possibly thirty eight?
Speaker 3: Yep, that's that's before the arishvp's come back and people put in their excuses, which Pie and I've thought about doing.
Speaker 2: But housing you at the moment was you go through the world's longest renovation. All right, then, so who's done this? Who's gone for a large family kind of break, a weekend break or a hobbley together? How many people? Nine four one four one o four three? And what happened the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: It was only the other week that my wife realized what this song is actually about. And she she said to me, do you think other people know when you're playing that? So fust about don't ever say anything on the show? People will complain. I mean, I think people are up to speed on what this song is about.
Speaker 3: It's not cryptive.
Speaker 2: It's the least cryptive song ever Jack, That's exactly what it is. Don't say anything. Don't say anything. Australia hasn't realized yet what this is about, all right, it's just going up for ten to nine. Come on, it's a Christian O'Connell Breakford show on Gold one oh four point three. So Jack's mum, Your mum's going to hoping to have thirty eight of your family and the extended family in one location.
Speaker 3: Yep, she's just put a deposit on a big I guess like where a school camp would go with dormitories and stuff, trying to get thirty eight extended family members. We're under the one roof.
Speaker 2: Amazing are doing us over the summer yep, the whole weekend, thirty eight family members together. It just gives me a head.
Speaker 3: I don't know how do we travel, Like, if we want to go to Brafe, do we go as thirty eight of us at once?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 3: Do we all go to a museum or at the same time to.
Speaker 2: Basically you're like a tourist travel group. You need to do you need to hide, not just a location where he's staying.
Speaker 3: A coach yeah, you need a yeah, bus yeah, and a bus driver.
Speaker 2: And what are you gonna do about breakfast?
Speaker 3: I don't know if we all eat together or if everybody it's every man for themselves, men and woman and child for themselves. Who baby is actually mentioned as well born in the last year.
Speaker 2: Not coming the noise every the night. Sonya, good morning, good morning, Sonia. Have you done this?
Speaker 11: Yeah, not thirty eight. There was twin ty twenty ah yeah, but it was all family, all my in laws. Actually I get on very well with them.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 11: Your father in law and mother in law, three sister in laws and husbands partners or my husband and all the children. There was ten of them.
Speaker 2: Now now we got through the family tree. Where did you go and what did you hire and what happened?
Speaker 11: So this was back in New Zealand and it's a little place called Chiviot and it was a week camp like a school camp. We will had Kevin and we ate together and we've just the wonderful thing was my children were the youngest, so their cousins just took them away for the whole week and you know, took them away to play with them. And I just had a very relectioning time and did.
Speaker 3: Be So twenty didn't feel like a handful at any time.
Speaker 11: No, because no one knew each other really well.
Speaker 2: See that sounds amazing. I got be awesome, Jess. That sounds really nice. So next July but the first time I head back to the UK since leaving in May, and so we're thinking about doing something like this. Otherwise you've got to go and see different family members, so I do it.
Speaker 11: Excellent idea when you're traveling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't know my family though I've kind of been an Irish surname. I bet there's a lot of extended family.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of extended family as well, a lot of a lot of interesting characters as well. Grant, good morning, Hey Christian.
Speaker 5: How am I?
Speaker 2: I'm good Grant, I hope you were this morning. So have you done a similar thing to what Jack's mum is hoping to do?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 14: I actually was taken by my mom and father and all my uncles and artists to a Nurdue beach when I was ten and my parents my father was German, and I had my speedos on because obviously ten, I'm only young. No nothing, no furniture downstairs, and he told me to take my speedos off. Stop being an idiot. I literally I still remember this day and I'm fifty seven now. I ripped my speed days off, I ran into the water into the beach, which obviously made it worse because it was cold.
Speaker 2: You're get a shrinkage, yes.
Speaker 14: Strickage of the package, and not that there was a lot of package. So I didn't want to be embarrassed by looking at it more my uncles and aunties or pluses and other people when girls walking past. So I laid on my stomach. This is a true story. I laid on my stomach for the whole nearly the whole day, and I burnt my butt.
Speaker 2: Like a kind of beats where or a little turtle or something.
Speaker 14: I swear to you or was that red? For the next two weeks when I got all the skin was coming up. I was scratched my bum literally nearly every day because I wouldn't lie on my back. I just laid on my stomach all day. I've never I've been, and I'm an explostment. I've never been so mostly scarred and that.
Speaker 2: Age ten, you don't want to see your relative semi naked, let alone toasty news and around them all day.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and the old German they all had harry armpit and you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're there, we're their hair everywhere. Yeah, yep, yep, it's not not pruned in any way, No, let it go, let it grow, yeah, big old while Yep, thank you, he's gone then, Lisa, good morning. Don't even know what that call was, to be honest, to deal with it, to ask questions. That was like a hostage situation.
Speaker 3: Any wrong movement, just something we realized.
Speaker 2: Well we weren't even talking about any of that. No, why did you say you might be going nude on it?
Speaker 12: Lisa good morning.
Speaker 2: Yes, sorry, we're trying to make sense of what's just happened. Lisa, maybe you can help us out here. So have you gone on a family holiday and kept your pants on?
Speaker 18: Yes, yes, definitely with the bands. But we're actually coming up to our twenty seventh year. Every single year we've got about sixty We hire our a section of a caravan park and we have a family weekend away with all the auntie's uncles, grandparents.
Speaker 2: So when you say your out section of the caravan park must be the entire caravan bar because this is your family.
Speaker 7: Surely right, Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 18: So we have probably about twenty cabins and yeah, twenty seven years where it's celebrating.
Speaker 2: And we reach have that kind of tradition and a ritual that's amazing and do you I take it because you got happens. You can then just cook for yourself, right, No, yeah, but we.
Speaker 18: We all go out for dinner on the Friday night and then we have a barbeque on the Saturday night and we have a presentation.
Speaker 3: How much advance do you give the restaurant that you're going to with sixty.
Speaker 2: One they've been doing it for twenty seven years that they've probably got the cannon. People start phoning in six crystals are back.
Speaker 18: Yeah, no, well forgs, we would just turn up just at the rs L up there and yeah, all kind of pile in and eating.
Speaker 2: When I think this, and Lisa, when it gets to sixty of you though, I think it then starts to look like your massive cults.
Speaker 7: They are.
Speaker 2: Worldwide country.
Speaker 18: Well, we even do a family newsletter every years.
Speaker 2: A family nude letter. Again, I've got the echo the.
Speaker 1: Other corner, the Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Time for this mornings that were time waste all this to ache and extra bonus prize. Then you can go and see the Legends Cheap Trick next Monday, October the fifteenth. They are playing the palais and you can go and see them live. So I read with interest. I don't know how many of you saw the movie Call Me by your Name. It's a great love story, great movie. Anyway. The directors come out and said, listen, we're going to make a second one, Call Me by your Name too. I've got no idea what to title it. I say, let's help him out. So what are we going to call the movie? Call my name too? What are we going to call it? I'm looking at my list now and I'm not seeing gold chat, but let's I'll go with this anyway. Uh, that's my name, don't wear it out. Jim at that school used to say that to people and they would call your name. Yeah, that's my name, don't wear it out.
Speaker 4: Or I don't know, I haven't got my animal book. That was another one.
Speaker 3: Never heard that.
Speaker 2: You're alone on that one.
Speaker 4: That's like, what are you looking at?
Speaker 2: I don't know my animal book? Why do you need the animal book? Now we do the one about the price tag, don't know the price text for again? Just me on that one, Okay, carry on, then call me by my name too, call me maybe that's good, dude, where's my name? That's better, call me by your name too, call harder. I know what you called me last summer. All right, Call me by your name too, Jack, What have you got?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 3: Yours? Got better call me by your name too. Look who's calling?
Speaker 2: Nice?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 3: Call me by your name too. Call me if you can, I needed, call me by your name too. Children of the call, they just get worse.
Speaker 2: You stuck me.
Speaker 3: When you've had enough call me by. Call me by your name too. Ten things I name about you? Call me by your name.
Speaker 2: Okay, time to call that one and send you shoulder. Call me by your name too. Text them in four seven five.
Speaker 1: Three, one oh four three, The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three call me by the name two.
Speaker 3: The Empire calls beck. Call me by your name too, Name me again, Sam, call me by your name too, Lord from Me and Michelle's High School.
Speaker 2: Not me anymore. Now we've got the name me finally got to half decent one.
Speaker 3: Let me do my favorite ye call me by your name too. Namer versus namer, framer versus cram a Namer versus Namer.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be associated with what we just went out. So this is Fox, I'm feefee all right, it's go one of four point three. It's to Christian of conorbat for the show at work time Waster, the director of call me by your name and said they're going to make a second one. He doesn't know what to call it. So we're asking you to help out this morning. What should they call the movie? Call me by your name too? You ready to mark? Ready? Cheap trip Chick's up for grabs on one of them. Call me by your naughty name, Silver, Shame, call me by your name too. A nightmare to call my name on Elm.
Speaker 3: Street two garbled runs.
Speaker 2: Amanda and Rosebud Nice try uh calling Nemo because Dory can't remember my name.
Speaker 3: She's just done calling. Didn't need the rest, Silver.
Speaker 2: Call me by your name too for a few dollars more.
Speaker 3: I don't get that.
Speaker 2: Well, tough, get smarter, Eat some more walnuts. Silver, Call me by your name too, Electric Boogaloo. Funny you have the eighties, she wouldn't you would have known like the break dancing movies. Electric Boogloo one.
Speaker 6: Two's saying that Christian what was his name.
Speaker 3: Or was it Herbie Hancock anyway, Yeah, Silver Plus for an assumed funniness.
Speaker 2: Call me by your name to Dodge Call that's good.
Speaker 3: Gold our first Gold Call me.
Speaker 2: By your name too, Return of the Monica very clever, Hi Brown Monica a name on affix, not a suffix that comes after the first bit. One called up the Cuckoo's Nest. Silver Plus Judy Morabit World done strictly call Room.
Speaker 3: That's the best so far. Gold Plus.
Speaker 2: I heard someone call him my name?
Speaker 3: Is that one of them?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a bit left field, but it made me laugh. Yeah.
Speaker 3: If number ones called me by your name and then number two is and someone call him my name?
Speaker 2: Exclamation mark? Yeah, Gold Plus can we buy your name too? Hey, what's your name?
Speaker 7: No you?
Speaker 2: Yeah you Gold Someone's put a lot of drama into that one. Keep calling me by your name.
Speaker 3: That's that's an actual real title that they might use.
Speaker 2: Gold Plus Call me by your second name near Silver, Call me by my name to Tokyo, drift way down, well done. Take about Pete in Abbotsford.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Anyone's got any good recommendations for books at the moment, there are a great I read many books last week when I was off sick. I also started to watch old movies as well. I went back and watched the trilogy of the Dark Night Movies, my favorite trilogy of movies ever, and I went back and watched them again, but this time as a bit of a Dark Night geek, in the order that I think they are the best in starting with The Dark Knight the Heath Ledger one, which is an incredible movie that's at the top. Yeah, thats amazing. I just forgotten it, and I know it's a great movie. I genuinely I love that the trilogy of those Dark Night movies are incredible, but the Heath Ledger One cast your mind back. The first ten minutes of the movie is the heist, and there's hardly any words in it. It's mainly silent, but you know everything about the character that is the Joker. It's one of the greatest opening scenes to a movie ever.
Speaker 3: I remember going to see am I Legend at Imax, the Will Smith film, and as this special trailer, they played just that ten minutes of The Dark Knight, which is the bank heist, and I just I was like, I just want to watch Dark Knight. Now I don't want.
Speaker 2: I don't want. This film incredible. Now you saw until about movie recommendations, you saw this documentary.
Speaker 3: But you love a good doco and you'll love this. It's called Three Identical Strangers. It's nothing new to everybody because it's been out in cinemas for a while.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: I think it's on the tail end, so catch it before it gets out. But at cinema and nover. I saw it the other day. It is such a fantastic film. It's about three brothers who were separated at birth, triplets, and they find each other again at nineteen. It will make you think about your siblings, how you feel about your parents.
Speaker 2: But my question is, right, without giving too much away, then how do they suddenly find each other again at nineteen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's what I can go to college together. They take it by chance, by chance, they get in the local newspaper or they get in national newspapers saying, so they're in the same year. What are the chances of these guys getting into the same college. And then the third triplet sees the twins in the newspaper and then contacted.
Speaker 2: It's almost too amazing to be true.
Speaker 6: So when they're at college, they're identical, right, you were saying the other they're identical.
Speaker 3: So the one guy, his name's Bobby, walks into the college for the first time and everyone starts calling him Eddie. It's like Eddie a welcome back.
Speaker 2: And then when Bobby meets Eddie for the first time, they look at each other and they're nineteen. Yeah, that's it. You would have liked gone.
Speaker 3: They said, they knew instantly, this is not a coincidence. We must be brothers.
Speaker 7: You know what.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow's show, we've got to talk about amazing coincidences because people have these stories and when you actually hear them sometimes right about what's happened in someone's life, you don't believe it at first because you can't work out what are the odds and that story.
Speaker 3: So what's what's the documentary called Three Identical Strangers?
Speaker 2: It sounds very simile. I saw a great documentary years ago in the early nineties called Twins, and it was like a big and a little guy and they were separated. I can't recommend it. I think it's still out somewhere. I've been. Queensland has just come out it's called twins.
Speaker 3: Check it out and then all the bigger Twin was the first US Man to fall pregnant in documentary Cold Junior.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love a Jocko The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Huggy is up next. Make sure you listen the Hugster. And also at one o'clock and at four o'clock you could hear your postcode on air and you can win cash with postcode bingo. It's as easy as that tide from today's show. I was gonna costic Grant telling us this story involved a German saying this him. I was actually thought we'd be a good idea for me to do it in a German accent. I won't do that. But the todd of today's show is take a speedos off. We are back tomorrow more.
Speaker 3: Were there whispers just before we came on here?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: What would I whispering?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 11: Jack?
Speaker 4: Don't you tell again?
Speaker 3: I have to you said the title of today show is going to be taking speedos off. Pat's ask Brad, why why did the why did the guy tell the kid to take his speedos off? All their German Europeans love nudity, and then Patsko's point to you goes, it's his lout.
Speaker 2: You are a dear.
Speaker 4: I'm not telling you anything ever again.
Speaker 2: When we start the show again tomorrow and at six o'clock, we're going to get into this you and I. Tyme of today's show is take your speedos off.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three