Speaker 1: I heard podcasts, he More Kiss podcast playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: I tell you what, Laura, it is a dog eat dog world out there in the dating community, isn't it. I mean you wouldn't know you've been married for seven years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but prior to that, I dated every one. I had had a good litmus. Don't worry. I mean I also just did get married.
Speaker 2: I am off the market, but I have a bunch of single friends that are constantly like talking to me about what the online dating world is like. And it is really hard, and I have bad news. It's getting harder.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's getting harder or do you think it's just always been like ever since online dating has come, because you've just got the opportunity of choice, there's so many people. It's kind of like gamified online dating.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's getting harder because if you think about when online dating started, it was just like you signed up and had at it like men, women went on, You put your age on and basically that was it. But it's gotten there's so many layers, it's gotten so complicated. And now Tin has released, well it's a trial. They're trialing a new feature that is not good news for our short kings.
Speaker 3: You can basically filter now for height.
Speaker 2: So if you say I only want a tall guy, which you know most women say I only want a tall guy, it filters them out and then our short kings are not even given a chance. It is causing a lot of stir online because there are a lot of people that are all for this feature, like I guess a lot of women that know that they only want a tall guy.
Speaker 3: They're all for it.
Speaker 2: But there's a lot of people that are saying it's actually discrimination, Like you are filtering out on the way that I look physically like my physical appearance, and I have to say I'm on their side. I don't think we should be having a height filter for online dating.
Speaker 1: It's a weird one, isn't it, because it really kind of comes into this gray area. It's like having a bald filter, or it's like having a weight filterah, a weight filter. The only thing though, is if you are a woman and you are particularly tall, like a really really tall girl, or you're a guy and you're a particularly short guy, maybe it just removes some of the admin because I would dare say that normally I don't know.
Speaker 3: That this is a stereotyp.
Speaker 1: I don't want to get myself into trouble, but often really tall girls and really short guys don't seem to be a perfect match. It seems as though like that would probably be the only time that it would come in handy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then maybe, I mean not maybe you don't have to have a filter for that. People can put their height on their bio themselves anyway, So then what's the difference, because you're still given the choice, like zac Efron hot megababe, he's tiny, but people.
Speaker 3: Would yeah, I'm taller than zach Efron' he's not a tall man. Energy he does, he's got b D energy.
Speaker 2: But my point is, like I do think, and in the words of producer Grace, you're robbing yourself of love, like you're robbing yourself.
Speaker 3: Off with the potential. I've dated people that are shorter than me. They've been fantastic people. Did it work out? No, But it wasn't because of their height.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, I mean, I know we made jokes. I've my one of my ex boyfriends was quite a bit shorter than me and it never made a difference. But I do think that if I had had the height restriction on Tinder, firstly, I would never have met him, but also I think I probably would have used it, and so I would have ruled him out because.
Speaker 3: I don't know I am.
Speaker 1: I guess I'm relatively tall for a girl.
Speaker 3: What am I like?
Speaker 1: One hundred and seventy seven centimeters? Yeah, which I would say that in dating. When I was online dating, I definitely rocked up to a couple of dates where my dates were particularly short and I knew we both kind of met each other and were like, well, should.
Speaker 3: Have talked about it?
Speaker 1: I wish I wish we'd asked, you know, And it's not like it should be a big deal, but I think it is for a lot of people.
Speaker 3: I think that a lot of people care about heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then why can't we just ask, have these conversations, talk to someone, put it in your bio. I think the fact that we can now filter out people based on appearance, for me is yucky. I don't like it, and a lot of the short king men or other people are now sort of like firing back saying cool if you want to filter from that.
Speaker 3: How do you feel if we put a weight filter on which which is all a bit silly, isn't it.
Speaker 2: No one's a bit tipped for tab But I understand what they're saying from that, Like I understand that they're a fair did that people can filter them out based on their physical appearance that they can't change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I guess the only thing is is like if someone's borderline, like if someone is tall, borderline to your preference, you know, like they might be a little bit shorter than what you think.
Speaker 2: You want in a person, but they're amazing in every other capacity.
Speaker 1: Like that seems a bit silly to rule someone out because you've got a bit of a high preference, you know.
Speaker 3: Whatever beggars cart he chooses too. If you're looking for for love, don't sing all those men out. Zendeia didn't.
Speaker 2: And she's engaged to Tom Holland and they're a beautiful couple, very happy.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for that. It that's beautiful.