Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian No Common Show podcast. Yesterday, I had my first golf lesson of the year. I thought he'd retired, I had. I had an even start lesson. I said, to this guy who is trying to teach me how to play golf, right, I said the start lesson. I said, just so you know, if this lesson goes badly, right, I'm quitting golf forever at the end of it. Anyway, do you begin every radio show like that? Right?
Speaker 2: Much?
Speaker 1: And he said, does it need to be that everything? Can't? You just see how it goes. If you start like that, you can have a bad lesson if you already got one eye on retiring so extreme. Anyway, the lesson went well enough. I'm back into golf. I've decided for the next six months, I'm going to dedicate myself to trying to get better and learn the art of golf. So much so, I've decided now right from November, i just need a couple more lessons. Twice a month. I'm going to play two listeners that want to play nine holes with me.
Speaker 2: That's a great idea.
Speaker 1: I've also worked out, right, when you do like going of around the go off with the mate. I have some of the most revealing and intimate chats with other guys I know. Right, sat up positing pubs and said, how's everything going. They go fine and move on. There's something about happens. I don't know if it's a lack of iconsp for some meant that it's the lack of icon see and you're going for walk and so it doesn't feel like they don't know how to move on a bit. If they have they hit a little sort of intimate spot or they feel a bit vulnerable, they can go, oh, I just need to go for my ball over there, so they can they can move on. They feel safe there. I actually think, genuinely, if I want to do a chat show now, I'd host it on a golf course and I'd interview people celebrities as we were playing golf.
Speaker 2: It would be like cars and comedians getting coffee. But it's a golf cut.
Speaker 1: Yes. So anyway, I was having my golf lesson yesterday, right, and the Zach, the guy who's trying to teach me that he's always got a load of stories because he's all kinds of different people that he sees during a day, Right, and he shares me some of these stories, and he said, oh, the guy earlier, right, I gained the lesson last week and the golf to trains. They always say, after you've had a lesson the week later, a couple days late. When you said, they go, how did you go after that lesson? You know where you saw whatever? He goes, it's just the guy. How did you go after the lesson last week? He goes, well, I went back to my car and I got a He got a really big fine. I've never heard of this. So it was a hot day last week when this guy had the lessen. So before he goes to his golf lesson, right, it's getting his clubs out of the boot and he thinks that the car is going to be boiling hot when he gets back in, so he lowers the window down to let some air in. It's his car. He comes back to it an hour and a half later, he's got a fine. The window was down more than you're allowed to have it down. He's encouraging theft.
Speaker 2: What you can get a fine for that?
Speaker 1: I thought I thought the guy was warneding out. I said, that isn't true. He goes, I promise you he's been fine form encouraging theft. The window is too low?
Speaker 2: So how much can you vent your window?
Speaker 1: I don't know. We need to know this. Our listener has been fine this weekend. I didn't know there's a that these people have tape measures.
Speaker 2: Encouraging theft is such a like. So it's not the criminal's fault. No, you encouraged him to kill your car.
Speaker 1: You should carties, you knew what you were doing.
Speaker 2: That poor criminal had no choice. He's trying to better his life, and you've sucked him back into crime.
Speaker 1: Flaunting that car and the inside of it with an irresistible lower than it should be windows.
Speaker 2: So what is it like a parking fine, a man a mical council fine.
Speaker 1: That's exactly have you guys ever? I thought you might know about it. I've never heard ridiculous, so I've got to know this morning. Has anyone experienced this? Have you been fined for having a window down too low? Is this all over the state? I just don't want any any of our listeners having a window. What is the ruling? I have so many questions about this? If you know anything about this being fined for having a car window down too low? And the official wording was he was encouraging theft. I we all know that the phrase naty state that is too much, isn't it. This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast, so I want of those morning. Do you know anything about this? How many car window downs so low that you could also be fined for encouraging theft? Nine four one four one o four three? Ben? What do you know about this?
Speaker 3: Twenty miller is what I've heard is how low you can have your window between your.
Speaker 1: I don't know what twenty miles is. I haven't got a ruler with me.
Speaker 3: I think two centimeters.
Speaker 2: It's about the thickness of your thumb.
Speaker 1: But who's doing that as they lower their car window and then walking off? It's bizarre. How do you know that, Ben? You've been fined?
Speaker 3: No, I've heard about it. I heard about a lot we'd Actually my mum was filling up her car once and a cop walked passed and said it is your car locked? And she said, no, I'm filling it up and he goes, well, you can be fined for that, and if you walk inside with your car unlock, you can also be fined for that too.
Speaker 1: So unlocking the car is now.
Speaker 3: Findable when you when you're filling up.
Speaker 2: But you can see your car if your Robert tried to tiptoe up to your car while you're filling up.
Speaker 1: It's everywhere those seven and Evans and cow Texas. Okay, it's in public. Everyone can see someone get your kind is driving it off?
Speaker 2: What kind of Oceans twelve are they doing where they can get into your vehicle without being detected service station.
Speaker 1: And make a very public getaway.
Speaker 3: No, sorry, I don't know, just that's what That's what happened when my mum was sawing out.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks Ben, No worries Mark, good morning?
Speaker 4: Mind you Christian?
Speaker 1: How are you? Yeah? Good Mark? What do you know about this? How many window down too low and you can get a fine? Apparently it's two centimeters is the law?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I deserve that. I'm not sure about that, but there's two other fauns and silly porns to go with it. Well, then, was just talking about it's true the insecure vehicle if you leave, if you get into your vehicle while with the idler and leave it unlocked, that you can be charged with an insecure vehicle.
Speaker 1: An insecure vehicle like it's my assop big. At the moment, my booty feels really overloaded, right, you'd say something.
Speaker 2: I always see you looking at the other Yeah, at.
Speaker 1: The moment, please are feeling very inty you at the moment.
Speaker 4: The other one is you can be charged for not being in control of your vehicle.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I think that's fout.
Speaker 5: If you're passed on the side of the road and just go around to the left hand side to check something and your vehicle's idling and you're not behind us in the driver's seat, you can be charged with a non in control of the vehicle.
Speaker 1: Right, okay, all right, Well, thank you very much all the detail.
Speaker 4: Marky boy, no worried to have a good day.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Question of Carl's Show podcast