Speaker 1: Welcome to them. Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Tell us your top three.
Speaker 3: You need to rank your top three three two one your favorite TV theme tunes. I got really stressed doing this yesterday because actually, when you start to think about your favorite ones, some of the sort of memories I had growing up, like shows that reminded me of mum and dad and this one that isn't going to be my top three, but this reminds me of my Dad's a brilliant TV.
Speaker 2: Do you recognize this phatsune?
Speaker 4: Is it Starsky and Hutches?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, in the UK.
Speaker 3: It was on a Friday night at eleven o'clock, so way past my bedtime. However, I remember when I was a teenager and I got a good school report. My dad came home from the school and said to me, you can stay up late Friday night.
Speaker 2: WA's s tasking Hutch with me?
Speaker 3: And I think I was about fourteen, and my dad would watch it alone and my mum would have gone to bed and he would watch this alone, right, And I remember he gave me a little cup, a little just a tiny little cup of his beer as well, and we're thinking this is what it's going to be like when I'm an adult is a beer?
Speaker 2: This is what it is. This is what being a man is about. Star skin Hutch. I remember the episode of Still Remember now.
Speaker 3: I remember the storyline, but I remember they had to go and arrest someone and when they went to Restless Lady, she was wearing a bra, And remember being so excited, thinking, no man likes to watch this below.
Speaker 2: Dirty Old Kid.
Speaker 3: All right, so your top three favorite TV theme tunes? Did you guys also find this really hard? Willing it down to three?
Speaker 2: All right? Patsy, what's yours? What's it? Number three for Patsy?
Speaker 4: A number three for me? Is this one Hill Straight Blues.
Speaker 2: This is such a moving piece of music.
Speaker 4: I love this beautiful piece of music and every time I hear it, it reminds me of my nana because she loved it and when she used to babysit me and we'd have sleepover at her house, she let us sit in there, sit up and watch it, and we shouldn't have been because we were way too young to watch it.
Speaker 2: That was a real treat back in the day, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Staying up, excell past your bedtime to watch a TV show with mum?
Speaker 2: Or Dad or relative. This is a it is quite sort of sad theme tune.
Speaker 3: This.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's almost too good for a TV theme though, Isn't it like it should be a big blockbuster movie or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but back in the day, a lot of these. I don't know.
Speaker 5: This is not a big blockbuster. It's nice.
Speaker 2: Harrison Ford is back, Indiana Jones ten.
Speaker 4: I just think it's lovely.
Speaker 5: You've been waiting all summer.
Speaker 2: Shog On is back notting Hill five. It's a bit of a shower note, but it is a TV theme. Thanks for reckon it.
Speaker 4: Flash Blockbuster number two on my list.
Speaker 2: What's it now on Funeral March?
Speaker 4: No, No, No, Sex and the City.
Speaker 6: Do we have to?
Speaker 2: Yes? Please?
Speaker 4: Thanks DJ. And it just reminds me of the time then we've been in New York. I can smell the subway in the bagels, and.
Speaker 2: I want a lovely smell.
Speaker 5: You did you get a candle?
Speaker 4: Stop hanging it on my favorite?
Speaker 2: Sorry? Oh blockbuster? You say Blockbuster? Do you know?
Speaker 3: Let's do a feature tomorrow where you calling with your good news and I'll play this. Hey, guys, I've just been promoting at work.
Speaker 2: It's really good news.
Speaker 3: Everyone's really whatever your good news is, this would ruin it.
Speaker 2: Sorry, we run a lockdown, Melbourne' run a lockdown, right a lockdown? Sorry?
Speaker 4: Number one for me, No, that's my number two. Number one will come as no surprise, no surprise to me, no surprise.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is. Do you know what it is?
Speaker 4: It's the Golden Girls of.
Speaker 3: Course, yes, of course, Pats he is one of the Golden Girl same age.
Speaker 2: That's it from the Queen next year by.
Speaker 5: Trying to drill it out.
Speaker 6: She is good.
Speaker 2: She is good. Blockbuster guys.
Speaker 4: I always know when I knew this that I'm going to be laughing for the next half hour because I love every single episode.
Speaker 5: I love that show.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite episode?
Speaker 4: Oh wow, I don't think I could pick a.
Speaker 2: Like It's one of those big questions all time.
Speaker 3: Oh the one web be the toaster couldn't work the dullest shows ever.
Speaker 4: It's not dull.
Speaker 2: It's very good. Table do something, you lazy old cows.
Speaker 4: It's about friendship and it's about getting ready for dressed spirits.
Speaker 2: Blockbuster all right, anyway, we won't do that with your one two.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast This Morning.
Speaker 3: Then we're getting into your favorite TV theme tunes to ask you to give us a call and rank your top three. I found this very answered. I can't stand it when people say, what's your top five? Top te stressful.
Speaker 2: Our poor producer Tom.
Speaker 3: I was even emailing him some excellence, A half ten yester evening ten third.
Speaker 2: I should be in bed. I can't speak. What about this one?
Speaker 3: What even this one always made it in my top three? From Dave Allen at Large. All right, let's get into jack most top three favorite TV theme tunes?
Speaker 2: Jackie boy, what's the number three? For you?
Speaker 5: Coming into number three?
Speaker 7: Is my favorite show of all times, The Simpsons.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest TV shows ever. Now, why is this at number three? I thought if I'd a guess, I would have beat this at number one.
Speaker 5: For you, Well, I'm not trying, not try. I'm not to confuse it with what is my favorite show?
Speaker 2: That's not confusion.
Speaker 5: I would love to play that top three at another day.
Speaker 7: Well, okay, top three, but I also own this on CD. And as I've told you before, I used to put this on Songs of the Key of Springfield. I would put this on the stereo. Get a cricket about out and pretend I was skateboarding on the ground like Bart Simpson.
Speaker 2: Great, this is a brilliant a stick intro as well. All right, so Simpson's at number three. What's at number two?
Speaker 5: Number two is Power Rangers banger.
Speaker 2: Nay guitar.
Speaker 7: I've chosen this because Power Rangers actually has one of the best guitar solos of.
Speaker 5: All time, of all time?
Speaker 2: Do you mean in a TV thing?
Speaker 5: I don't mean in the TV themes?
Speaker 3: A right, you're kidding, So stand down, Eddie Van Halen, Jimmy Page.
Speaker 2: Power Rangers has got one of the greatest.
Speaker 5: Play it he did.
Speaker 2: She was only paranoid.
Speaker 7: You're speaking over the eruption starting again, started again, something against It's.
Speaker 2: Like an annoying kid on guitar heroes.
Speaker 5: Started again. Don't talk from now.
Speaker 2: You're talking over it. You're talking over it.
Speaker 3: So well, oh boy, he's actually in here like a stone and just sort of nodded his head with his icoas do you need a bean.
Speaker 2: Bag in a bomb?
Speaker 5: At number one?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 3: Is one of the he screwed up his own intro theres boost and we all hear it.
Speaker 5: No, you were too fast on the button.
Speaker 7: Push but I want to say, Arthur Kids showed that was around when I was a kid, one of the most wholesome shows of all time.
Speaker 5: And what a vibe this intro. Can we hear it again?
Speaker 7: And I see.
Speaker 5: Day where you can learn to work and.
Speaker 2: Play over yourself, precious, listen to.
Speaker 5: Your say a vibe.
Speaker 7: Listen what on the TV things names that's Reggae Get Together and Reggae Reggae Mouse.
Speaker 2: Literally is a little TV show you.
Speaker 5: Guys have made up the reggae reggae said.
Speaker 3: Do you know just because you don't know something doesn't mean it's not very good.
Speaker 5: Reggae reggae mouth sounds made up.
Speaker 2: No, it's not a kiss TV show. It's massive, all right? My top three. Then, going through a lot of.
Speaker 3: These TV theme tunes, you realize not that many great ones for the last fifteen or twenty years, so many of them that it was a real sort of art form the TV intro. However, this in the last twenty years, This isn't number three for me. Now, it's to show the spirit of the show. Such a great thing. Tune from Curb your enthusiastic love this.
Speaker 2: At number two. So when we heard a lot from the last two weeks.
Speaker 3: It's a theme tune that used to be on every Saturday afternoon that meant it was a sport on the BBC Football, Rugby, Cricket. I would sit down my dad and it meant for three or four hours we would sit down and watch Saturday sport on the BBC from all over the world and this was the theme tune which are used for the gold of on. This is at number two for me just reminds me of my dad. We used to go and my granddad to watch it all kick as well midday every Saturday whenever there's only one kickoff time at three o'clock in the afternoon, but start at midday.
Speaker 2: With BBC's Grandstand.
Speaker 3: But at number one, I think this is one of the greatest TV theme tunes has gone intro as well that it kicks in. This was the soundtrack of the eighties for me.
Speaker 6: In nineteen seventy two, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escape from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles under craft. Today still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire.
Speaker 2: The eighties Hotida tro loved it. What a show.
Speaker 1: What an intro to The Christian O'Connell Show podcast