Speaker 1: Got anything good.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's Show. Good morning Patsy, Good morning boys, Good morning Jack. Morning guys. Now I can see the body language. You have changed your routine. They'll be that video going viral soon. You know that one. You must have seen the morning routine where the guy gets up at like four twelve am, puts his face in a bowl of water. It was like the video of the week last week. What's different about you? Jack? You look supercharged with energy.
Speaker 4: I've raised hell this morning thanks to Motorhead. I've come in fully charged.
Speaker 3: So yesterday we were talking about pump up songs to get you go in the morning, and I was saying how sometimes on the way into work I listened to this, so on my Motorhead called Born to Raise Hell. So I just said to Jack, come in this morning, listen to this and see what it does to you.
Speaker 4: Here's what happened, all right, five twenty seven am.
Speaker 5: Let's Raise Hell.
Speaker 4: We play Born to Raise Hell by Motorhead. No play Born to Raise Hell by Motorhead. Sometimes the future doesn't work. Play Born to Raise Hell by Motorhead on Spotify. Play Born to Raise Hell by Motorhead on Spotify.
Speaker 3: Alright, already pumping you up the gut the sound system in that tesla.
Speaker 4: Yeah, baby, see different already, You're different already.
Speaker 3: And then two minutes into the song.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's all right boy, I'm ready for the show.
Speaker 3: Yes, how do you feel you.
Speaker 5: Moping about Christian?
Speaker 4: If you're hearing this come to me many times through the show, I'm ready.
Speaker 5: Adrenaline is high. Let's entertain the people.
Speaker 3: Jack, I'm coming to you right now. How are you feeling?
Speaker 5: I'm ready. I'm pumped up.
Speaker 4: Giving any topic and I'll talk about it anything now.
Speaker 3: Patsy, did you try and listening to it or you do? Patsy doesn't need any pumping up? Do you really pumping down a bit? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well I no, I do need to get across the headlines from the night, so I'm usually listening to a news service, so it's yeah, but you.
Speaker 3: Know I'm not going to go I'm going to go to you more times than Patsy. Okay, we're going to get serious stuff like that. I got to hear the news, guys. Actually, I can't all be funny stuff like you guys. I've a serious job.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: I went to see the new Jason Stather movie. Yessay. I love Staitha movies, not one of his better ones, working Man. If I had watched it on TV, I would have just paused it halfway through and go I watched The Wrestler for another night because you've come out that was gold class, so you still Because I wanted to treat myself, I went alone. And here's the situation. There was only me and another in gold Class.
Speaker 5: I'm surprised anybody else.
Speaker 3: But then even showing out of it, his movies are huge.
Speaker 6: Shoe it was huge at the box office.
Speaker 3: Me and a yest state of movies delivered. You know what you're going to get. This one was written by Sylvester Stone. Even Stone realizes I can't pull this kind of action off anymore. The new gen is Statham. Statham is in his own kind of category of movie making where he doesn't make any effort to either do his you know, native British accent or try an American one. In this movie, he said he was a fort British Marine commando, but then also keeps herself as American to the movie and the accent is nowhere, which is like he goes, well, I'm just I speak my own language, which is Statham.
Speaker 4: Maybe that dialogue was deliberate so that if anyone said are you British or are you American?
Speaker 5: On both you can't pay me down.
Speaker 3: And also it's just like Staithan movies. Nothing you can't get upset, like, oh, that wouldn't happen in real life, because none of it is believable. Every state of the movie, he's either an xcia X something who is trying to make good of a different kind of monk like life. Something happens he here's a girl being kidnapped out of scene and he then reluctantly has to pick up the guns and start smashing people in the face. Yesterday there was like there was that scene where it's like, pleas, please, can you rescue our daughter. I'm a change man, I don't know people anymore, and you're thinking he's got to be kidding roight, because there's another two hours on this. It can't be him living this boring monk like life. Sure enough, he comes back, he gets he rescues anyway, So it's an empty gold class, right, It's just me another guy. I get there first, I sit down, right. I'm thinking that maybe because when I booked it earlier, there was just like some other guy. He must be sitting somewhere else, you know, gold class. They're like, you know, like him too, Zion.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're in couples, Yeah, he says, next to.
Speaker 7: My Oh.
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 3: And then right the lights go out?
Speaker 5: Are you sharing a table between?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 3: Now, I'm like, you's going to be kidding me? Right, I am now trapped because I don't want to appear rude by just moving myself because this me and him, my moving myself over to another thing.
Speaker 5: To watch it as he said hello, yeah.
Speaker 3: We both did this awkward light and then a couple of times during the movie, my hand would touch his plate. There you go. It's just the two of us sharing unnecessarily intimate moment together, watching her very fine, and then he reclined his bed fully. I couldn't fully RelA looks.
Speaker 2: Like the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Patty, how's your daughter already getting on this week?
Speaker 6: Well, she finishes school tomorrow for the term. Can you believe they've got three weeks off? Which is crazy?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that is ridiculous. You've only just got the house back and the control after that long Christmas summer.
Speaker 6: Break, and then they're back a day and then they're off for antac day long weekends. Like trying to get your head around it and trying to catch up with the progress of the year kind of makes your sort of brain.
Speaker 4: When I went to school, we always like started on a Monday, finish for a Friday. Every time you tell us about Audise school, it's always like, and then come back for Friday afternoon.
Speaker 6: Wednesday part time school deck.
Speaker 3: So have you You've got to have stuff planned for three weeks.
Speaker 6: I haven't even thought. Don't even Oh, I haven't even thought about it. So that she's not constantly on the phone, you know, Like that's the biggest challenge. It's like, let's go for a walk, let's do stuff. You do have to organize activities or they will be constantly.
Speaker 3: Do you do think we instance that the girls have this thing where I had the code for it and sea of my most Sarah, but I was in charge of it. Where they actually because you're paying for the bill is you can control how much they use their apps. You can set like a window like two hours a day and that they have to message you and ask you for extra time. It just locks the phone up. They can still use it as a phone, but they can't go on Instagram or mainly it's it's already serious into Snapchat because it's more.
Speaker 6: It's all about the snapchat.
Speaker 3: It's all about the snacks, all.
Speaker 6: About the snacks. But she's funny, you know, because you can never fool a mother. I was sitting at the dining table last night, just on the laptop, had my back to the pantry, and I heard these little sort of footsteps and I thought it was like five thirty. Dinner was on, and I've said to her, please don't eat anything. Dinner is going to be on the table in half an hour.
Speaker 5: The number one thing my mother said to us every day, you're ruin.
Speaker 3: A delicious meal was coming. Just have a nice glass of water. I still say that to my kids. I'm terrible though, even if a meal is five minutes away. I still you know, when you want something right now, or go and have a snack or something. I hide sometimes in the pantry, my wife algoing, I could see you in there. I was just looking for something.
Speaker 6: But mothers have eyes in the back of their heads.
Speaker 3: Because that's yeah, in the back of my head.
Speaker 6: My mummy senses would go off, and I said, I can see you there. I'm not looking at you, but I can see you there, and you can get your hand off that pack of chips.
Speaker 3: Because dinner, terrified dinner.
Speaker 6: It is in half an hour. She's like, how do you know you're not even looking at me? It's mother's instinct.
Speaker 2: Christian Color Show podcast.
Speaker 3: How many times you reckon? You pick up your phones during the day just to randomly google whatever thought has popped up in your head? So many times I reckon it's twenty or thirty times a day easily.
Speaker 4: I can't leave anything known anymore. You can't because now we know we can get the answer to it. So we never just ponder things and it will come to us eventually.
Speaker 3: It's a TV show between me and my wife because my wife has won those minds. Once something comes bubbling up, I can go, oh, I'll have a look at that. After the show. She go, no, no, no, I need to know right now. What have we seen that guy in before? Where it doesn't actually doesn't matter because he's an actor, so thank god he is. He's providing for his family and then you go, I've gotta pause it now, and she's like, Siri, Siri, Actually I knew it. Chris, he was the bad No, he was a good guy. That it made you think he was the bad guy, but in the end he was a good guy that saved the day.
Speaker 4: I do that with actors, but also where the location is film, and also if it's some kind of period piece, I could said in the eighties.
Speaker 5: Like did they really already have as in nineteen eighty.
Speaker 3: Two they did. It's because we've got all information available. Twenty four to seven was years ago before smartphones. We didn't have any. You never would have thought because you'd have to drive to your local library to look. Yes, get the micro fee, shall get some research papers on it. So the other day I'm watching Rory Sloan on Channel i's Footy Classified, who's been I think a great addition this hit this season. Actually he's great, And he was started talking about something I'd never heard of before called power stances.
Speaker 9: Brownie used to rip us because of our slow starts, and we spoke about as a footy club, and we came up with the pale stance, Brownie, and you've ripped us for this the whole season we started slowly, so Brisbane may want to adopt this. The pals chance we did all through the finals campaign. Start against the Giants, smoke them in the first quarter, start against your long prelim smoked them and then now start in the Grand Final was pretty good too. So there's a certain theory around cortisol levels at the what levels, right, quartisol levels, it's like adrenaline level.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, so, of course I'm watching that. I have to get my phone out and google what are power poses? And then I'll end up watching this Ted talk my human behavioral psychologist called Amy cud I didn't realize it's a big, well known Ted talk with like fifty million views. It's about your body language, boosting testosterone levels and lowering quartsole which is a stress response.
Speaker 4: So remind me what Adelaide used to do? Was it did they say that's stiff and upright?
Speaker 3: Do you remember the power poses they start to do.
Speaker 7: It became famous because it was quite embarrassing, like it looked ridiculous, that's stiff.
Speaker 3: It was kind of like it's the he he man it tomorrow night before the game, Please power post instead of the pussy post you did over the weekend. We need the power posts. So again, because there's phone's there, I'm like, ten twenty minutes, I'm now not watching TV anymore. I'm going down wormholes. And then I found out there are six different power poses you can do in the tronoa. I'm not doing the Superman one before the show. That's ludicrous. I might do the Starfish one and see how that goes. Participating. What have you been googling on your phone?
Speaker 10: How many books John Grisham has? Because my dad's obsessed with him, and I was like, okay, I'll just find out how many he has. I might get him a couple of extra books.
Speaker 3: So many got made into great movies where there was some one on the TV of the day, Crimson Tide with Gene Hackman and Denzel Washington, which is great movies.
Speaker 5: John Grisham the firm as well.
Speaker 10: Is he Pelican Brief, yes, Pelican Brief, yes, But you know what he has over fifty number one best sellers? What ind and there's unknown how many.
Speaker 3: Actual that guy must before he goes that typewriter. He's power posing hundred percent.
Speaker 5: John Grisham is the Firm as well.
Speaker 3: The Firm is it's a great one. Now have you seen the movies that the one would talk Tom Cruise in the movie. Yes? Who else is in the Firm?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Someone go to Google right now? Triple Horn, Yeah, Triple Yes, and.
Speaker 5: Holy Hunter and Jane Hackmen.
Speaker 3: Yes, Gene Hackman was in quite a few John Grishamer's movies as well. He was brilliant. And The Firm is a great book, isn't it.
Speaker 10: He's fifty over fifty. There is an unknown amount. I've tried looking everywhere on Google.
Speaker 5: There's not an unknown somebody knows he would.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Google must know.
Speaker 5: Scientists can't figure it out.
Speaker 3: You don't go into a bookshop and there's just a random amount of books. How does that compare with Stephen King? And Stephen King had more number one bestallers than Grisham? Could they have an author.
Speaker 4: Of It's like you know how computer doesn't know all the numbers of pie, like to a million digits.
Speaker 3: He doesn't know all the John GRISHO it's fifty one recurring.
Speaker 10: Over sixty five novels. Stephen King, so yes, he has beaten him, But we just don't know how many we're going to Google.
Speaker 3: Google just shrugs, it went, I don't know, but it's a lot.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show Go one podcast.
Speaker 3: Going around, The team opens ups to about the things we've been googling in the last twenty four hours. Participating was googling how many books as John Grisham written? So your research has found out over fifty.
Speaker 10: Over fifty yes, fifty one consecutive number one best sellers.
Speaker 3: If that's true, that is incredible record.
Speaker 10: Sang yes, but sang the amount that he's actually done unknown.
Speaker 3: But how can that be because obviously, like publishing houses will have the contracts for each one that he's been given, and surely he would know because he'd had copies of all his books at home. Has anyone ever thought to ask John grish an interview? So how many books have you written?
Speaker 10: I think someone needs to because Google will not give me the bloody answer.
Speaker 4: Isn't there database somewhere where you just passed John Grisham and it tells you how many titles he has.
Speaker 10: I went onto his website, his official website, counted them out, and there's fifty five on the website, by.
Speaker 5: Hand, by hand.
Speaker 3: I appreciate the high level of research there. I've asked the latest version, version four of chat GPT House of April twenty twenty five. John Grisham has authored over fifty books. Even the smartest language learning model in the world. Is this going over fifty? It doesn't. Why is it such a mystery?
Speaker 10: I know it's searched the whole world Wide Web and can't even tell us no idea.
Speaker 4: It's like the question they put up on the blackboard in good Will hunting that nobody can get, but Matt Damien comes along as the janitor and he can answer.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: I think chat GPT couldn't do what you could do. Just go to his website and count the many books. You're not as smart as you thought chat GPT.
Speaker 5: That's true, that's true.
Speaker 10: But something else I did find out while I was searching more things. He was the inspiration for the adaptation Christmas with.
Speaker 6: The Cranks, the movie What Do You Mean?
Speaker 10: So he wrote a book in two thousand and one called Skipping Christmas, and then they turned that into the movie Christmas with the Cranks.
Speaker 5: Really, because all of his other films are crime.
Speaker 3: They're all crime fillers, aren't they? And then there's one random Christmas with the Cranks. He obviously really didn't like that kind of fan I'm never doing that. Screw that. Now it's back to more crime fillers, and it's always shady lawyers. Taking mob Money is about every third book, it's always the mob.
Speaker 10: So his genre is actual legal thrillers. He was originally a lawyer.
Speaker 3: So are you now working for him? Do you know more about John Grisham than you do me?
Speaker 5: Chs actually research about the show.
Speaker 3: The show other than the Life and Times of the Great John Grisham.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Your number one John Grisham station this weekend are winning John Grisham Weekend. I'd actually be very happy with that. When his entire back catalog, we just don't know what the entire back catalog is. Be listening Saturday afternoon to Jason Statham this week in authoring. I want to talk to you on the next half an hour about Korea one eighties. I've got lovely text on one of you yesterday. Im Patsy's news yesterday was this. I think you had some stats packs about people who later on their life really regret that they feel trapped in the jobs that they kind of didn't think they'd be doing for the rest of their lives, and they wish they could have gone back.
Speaker 6: About a fifty people or something, but when they were surveyed, about a fifth thought, nah, I wish I hadn't have done this, and it's too late to change now once they're in their fifties.
Speaker 3: And then Trish said that she's in her sixties and that's not true. She did a career one eighty where she was a cleaner and she went back and retrained and she's now a teacher's aid and has never been happy, and she's in her sixties. So I'd love to hear from people during the next half an hour. It might motivate someone today. But actually it's never too late, and there are so many people we've got these really amazing stories about career one eighties. There's a friend of mine who was my first mentor in radio and one of the best radio presenters there's ever been, called Tony, and he used to be He used to have a massive radio show in the UK in a city called Newcastle. Newcastle is a big, very very well known and loved city in the north of England. Tony's Breakfast show was so big there. You know how the ratings were. It's a percentage of how many out of a universe of one hundred percent, how many are listening to your radio show. Tony Horn for about eight years had fifty seven percent of that city listening to him every single morning. Huge, right, you know where we are imaginally if you're at fifty seven percent. And he literally was the city anyway. He did breakfast radio for years and years and years and years and then just got burnt out. He is now a different person, far happier. He's a postman, right, and he still listens to my shows sometimes and give me notes and feedback, which I love. My mentor is still out there.
Speaker 4: She sweet about whistling up, up and down suburban streets listening to the show.
Speaker 3: And no one would know. And he's a post in the city that he used to be the main guy. It's an incredible story. So, PARSI, do you know anyone who's in a career.
Speaker 6: My girlfriend Lennie, who I met in radio. Lenny was an absolute news reading legend, so big at Triple M in the eighties and had a long radio career, then went into pr and has suddenly had a complete change. Is now studying to be a funeral director with a major group here in Melbourne. So that change of you know, I think she just got hern out after COVID. She work for the Health Department and that was hard. It was tough doing PR during those years. And she's thought, you know what, I need to do something completely different and she's taking all those amazing people skills she's got and she's going to marry it with the funeral industry and she'll be brilliant with families. She'll be so good. But yeah, hardcore course apparently like it's as you can imagine, I'm pretty involved, but complete change.
Speaker 3: Those tunior directors. You met the one Alex that we have for my mother in law last year. She made what is just like the worst time for my wife and her sister going through all. It's just like this overwhelming admin you have to get into immediately when you're also trying to process grief. She was incredible, just like they make such a difference in people's lives going through that.
Speaker 10: All.
Speaker 3: Right, if you've got a story then about Korea one eighty, we love to hear it today.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 3: It just tuned in. You've missed a roaring twenty minutes about how many books is Grisham? Yes, John Grisham, he wrote the book that has been turned into movies like The Pelican Brief The Firm. You've seen one of his movies, Christmas with the Cranks. Google isn't sure, nor is chat GPT the smartest machine in the world right now, exactly how many? He says, over fifty. But Peter Stone, a smart listener, has the actual number. Peter's at work, specially working right now. He has spent the last ten minutes to opening up multiple tabs to try and work out how thank you for hard work for the show, Peter. The answer is Producy Kaitlin. You're the one that was Google list So listen up. He's got the actual record. I listen, John Grisham fifty one fiction, four novella's two short story collections to nonfiction sixty then bloody Yeah, it's incredible, incredible, all right, we're talking about Korea at one eighties. If you've got a story about a career one eighty, you've done. Like Janelle Christian, I used to work in the records archives department, at a big university. I now am a garbologist. She's a garbo Janelle, How busy at work right now? I love this one from Joe Christian. I used to work out on the checkout at Carl's. I am. I did a career one eighteen. I am now a private investigator. Oh wow, working a case ruin now, so too much?
Speaker 6: That needs more than I've been working to deep cover for seven years.
Speaker 3: I'm wearing a wire right now.
Speaker 6: I'm your Donny Bresca.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to Doush. Good morning, Doush, welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: Good morning my friends.
Speaker 3: Now are you Yeah, We're good. So what's your story then about Korea one eighty.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so I used to work in banking and finance as a sales manager. We got made redundant overnight back in twenty twenty one. My passion actually lied in plumbing, so I pursued a plumbing apprenticeship. I was lucky enough to get a plumbing apprenticeship with a company called Ocean Plumbing, and today I am officially qualified.
Speaker 3: Congratulations. That's a great story, and you're enjoying it.
Speaker 11: Oh, absolutely loving it. If it wasn't for my wife honestly, she supported me all the way through it. Her names Liz. She actually got me a copy of your book, Christian. I read that that actually motivated me to keep going.
Speaker 3: Oh pleasure, thank you for saying it. Oh it's a lovely story. Thanks for going and reading the book as well. And so do you work for yourself? You're still working for that same company? Give yourself a plug. Yeah, No, I'm.
Speaker 11: Definitely working for IHA Plumbing. I'm ye going to stick within long term. They've been amazing for me. So they took a chance at me when I was thirty six forty one now and yeah, absolutely loving it.
Speaker 3: That's sony. So are you heading to work right now? Are you out in the front of someone's place? What's your daylight today?
Speaker 12: I'm hitting in.
Speaker 11: I'm just in a van right now, heading to a job. So yeah, heading to work now.
Speaker 3: All right. Goodness, thank you very much for giving us a call. Love your story, take care.
Speaker 7: No worries.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Good Christian Color Show podcast.
Speaker 3: We're talking about career one eighties. Good morning, Christian. Good morning to Chris, who was a police officer now as a high school teenage high school teacher. It's now teenager wow, life one eighty. Not sure it's legal, but anyway, each person's passion. He's the world's first fifty four year teenager. Put it in the news last seven mass. Sorry, Chris, I'm remaining a story. You were a please officer. You're now a high school teacher with teenagers. You have not joined the teenagers, Patsy. Sometimes working with a team that are well Rio is in his early thirties actually can be quite disconcerting. Him and Jack just go to each other after hearing that lovely story from Chris talking about how he got into plumbing at thirty six, and now you know, I'm a couple of days away from fifty two. I'm thinking thirty six. He's still got so much wiggle time in your.
Speaker 6: Life, very much wiggled and Jack and here just go, bloody hell.
Speaker 3: That must have been running off for that guy at the age of at the age of thirty six, you know. And there the apprentices are going to be nineteen and twenty in the day that they announce. You've announced, Patsy, it's the oldest AFL team playing tonight with an average age you wait for it, twenty eight.
Speaker 13: Yes, it sounds old, twenty nine that's just crazy.
Speaker 5: You know what's really going to make me feel old?
Speaker 4: In terms of AFL, there's only two or three players who are still older than me. But after they retire, like Scott Pendrill Penburg at Goldstein, once they retire, I'll be older than every single AFL player.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I get? The feeling you are resisting? Actually well, and Rio calls your forty something, you're there and you snapped out.
Speaker 5: Why are you still angry?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 5: That's right?
Speaker 3: You are fairing the creep of forty people coming for you, and it comes all thick and fine and it leaves no one mind. Jo John Jakes no prison anyway. Sorry, we're tring motivational to name scaring people on the radio, like Wall the Middle of the Ages, John John, The forties is coming, all right, we're talking about career one eighties. Do you guys ever think if you could retrain and do something completely different.
Speaker 5: This late in life, at thirty seven.
Speaker 3: For you too old? You just get ready for death. Perhaps? Do you ever think about doing somebody? Because I know you mentioned maybeing a funeral celebrum.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I definitely am going to do a celebrant course sort of in the next eighteen months.
Speaker 3: You you'd be magical.
Speaker 6: Doing that, but not like completely and then how.
Speaker 3: Quickly would it be until you leave the show? Serious?
Speaker 13: Gold?
Speaker 3: Damn it. I keep trying to keep it inside that I had.
Speaker 6: To say it will implement the show for you.
Speaker 3: Do you do group on me and chat which we go fifty to fifty? You're awful?
Speaker 6: No, I do want to do a celebrant course. But you know what I've always wanted to do too, is just like a makeup course. I'd love to be a makeup artist.
Speaker 3: I'd love to be a hairdresser. Oh god, yeah, I really would. Yeah, I'd love to train to be a hairdresser. Yeah, yeah, which part?
Speaker 5: So I do about the conversation.
Speaker 3: With bit chat? You know, you sort their hair out, people leave, they like what you've done with their hair, They leave out though they feel good about them. So she gets someone else here and you haven't chat because I always went. When you're in a hairdresser, it's like for some people, especially when it's like a therapeutic relationship, it all comes they tell their most intimate secrets of someone cutting their hair. Always find that remarkable. I remember there's at hair dright, so I used to go to about forty years when I first moved here. Who actually wanted to do a TV chat show where he was the like Graham Norton. I thought it was a really really good I would watch that. I would watch it so good because I think, actually, you know, you go hang on a minute, I'm just going to go and dry Robert Denio's hair, Robert getting on kids.
Speaker 5: You of course you've got all the giving the head masside.
Speaker 3: I think it's a great idea. Lisa, tell us about your career at one eighty. Good morning, Lisa, Good morning you guying? Yeah, were good, Welcome to show, Lisa. So what were you doing? So?
Speaker 1: I was a sewing machinist on the factory law making first of all baby clothes and move to swim where and then I decided to go to UNI and I trained to be an umbrologist in the IVS field.
Speaker 3: So you you you you're an embryologist for IVF.
Speaker 1: Yes, if scientist is a bit easy to say, but yeah, an embologist. So I've been doing that for the last eighteen years.
Speaker 3: Now, and that must be so rewarded. And do you enjoy it? What's it like? Absolutely?
Speaker 5: Love it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you know, it's just do the nloways work out for everybody, So that's pretty tough, but yeah, it's really amazing. I think one of the best time for me was when my first patient bought in the baby that I'd hoped to create, and you've got to have a little puddle.
Speaker 6: It's, yeah, absolutely amazing.
Speaker 4: I was going to ask you if you see many of the babies, because I thought you.
Speaker 5: You're not always seeing what you're making.
Speaker 1: We are in the lot, but we also have a lot of patient contracts to a lot of patients. There's quite a fit More clinic where.
Speaker 3: Lisa, thank you, Lisa, thank you very much. Sure your phone lines is breaking up there, but Lisa, thank you very much for sharing your story. Take care.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 3: Very sad news happened yesterday. But a great actor, Val Kilma, so many great performances, so many iconic movies. If you grew up in the eighties, he owned Maverick in Top Gun with the ludicrous scenes between Manvreck and Iceman.
Speaker 11: Is your problem, Kazanski, You're everyone's problem.
Speaker 5: It's because every time you go up.
Speaker 3: In the air, you're unsafe. I don't like you because you're dangerous.
Speaker 5: That's right, nice man.
Speaker 3: I am dangerous. We look back now, it's so camp. The scene between them, there's a strange bit where Val Kilna, I don't know whether there was in voice, does something with his teeth where if he just still goes it's chop it chumps in the face of Tom Cruise, and I only want to know where did that come from? That vow, just adding his own essence to it. But then later on the movie they come together, you are still dangerous. You can be my wingman anytime. Still gives me all the films that.
Speaker 7: You can be mine.
Speaker 3: And then when Tom gun Too came out, it was Tom cruise assistant that he wanted to have Val Kilmna in the movie. And the sad thing about Van is he lost his voice, his ability to speak with his battles with the throat cancer. But by using AI, this big AI company who helped people have lost their voices, worked with Val for years to try and recreate his voice, and so it helped them to have this really beautiful scene. I think this will be the last scene that Val Kilna ever did before passing away with him and Tom Cruise again, which is somehow quite moving because there's a line I think at the beginning of the scene where he points at the computer and says, it's time to let go. The Navy needs Maverick, the kid needs Maverick. That's why I fought for you. That's why you're still here. Thank you Ros for everything. And this is a great bit at the end. One last thing. Who's the better violot? You and me? There's a nice smile. What's your face? Even found performance Patty.
Speaker 6: Mine has to be Tombstone, where he played Doc Holiday.
Speaker 3: That is such a great Western movie.
Speaker 6: This Jans but I loved it.
Speaker 3: I just yeah.
Speaker 6: Kurt Russell and Sam Elliott and Billy Bob Thornton absolutely adored it.
Speaker 3: Underrated Western, the shootout with Doc Holliday a and as well where he goes, ah, Johnny Ringer, somebody your hair, that's right and he does something with this tah. This is the scene. Who did it better? Well? Wow, I didn't think you heard it, didn't you?
Speaker 2: I'm your Huckelbert. Why Johnny Ringo? You looked like somebody just wake over your grave.
Speaker 3: Honestly, if you want to see a movie this weekend, please watch Tombstone. It's a great performance and found Christian O'Connell show. Go on podcast Christian O'Connell show. Christian, thank you for hearing my career one eighties story. Apologies for the cold dropping out. This is Paul Lara that we had on earlier and she was talking about how she works for IVF Monash in Geelong. Lara, thank you for very much for coming on, Christian. When I heard the news and I say about val Kilmner's passing, all I could think I was watching the Top Secret movie again. Give in the eighties there used to be movie parodies and the nineties as well, they were like really funny as well. Top Secret is a really funny one. I've totally forgot about that, Chris, thank you reminded of that, Christian. Very sad news about Valkilner. After watching the first Top Gun movie in the eighties, I literally spent weeks at school trying to twirl my pen through my fingers like the iceman does in the classroom seats. That's from Greg Christian. Valkilmner's performance as Jim Morrison and The Doors is a fantastic movie. I'm a big Doors fan, and even the survivor. Members of the Doors said that val Kilner did such a good job they struggled to distinguish his voice from Jim Morrison's.
Speaker 6: By end of the movie, he did the soundtrack that.
Speaker 3: Yes, my favorite of Val kilner movie is Heat, which is an amazing movie. And he's a DeNiro's right hand man, and there are so many great scenes with val Kilner and Denerian and val Kilner more than holds his own. Right now, we've got to talk about space because we're very excited. There's an Australian in space right now, Eric the astronaut, and we found out that we might be able to speak to him. One we have a problem.
Speaker 5: We choose to go to the moon. Failure is not enough Infinity.
Speaker 3: And beyond the movie. So the man is called Eric Roberts and he's currently on this Space X mission high in space right now Yesterna's show. We found out that if we can get to someone who had a Ham radio, we might be able to speak to the astronauts on board.
Speaker 4: Yes, every ninety minutes they do a lap of the globe, so there's a five to ten minute window every ninety minutes where they're going across US in Australia, and they've got a Ham radio on board, so we could in theory speak to spacemen.
Speaker 3: It's incredible. We can't actually understand how quickly they must be traveling. They're doing laps of the glow, so many in a day, so overnight. Then this actually happened with a amateur radio enthusiast in Berlin. This is them talking to the astronauts on board SpaceX.
Speaker 10: Lima Bravo, nine November Juliet.
Speaker 3: This is Delta Kilo zero Tango uniform calling for scheduled contact over.
Speaker 8: Thank you, zero Tango uniform. I got you loud and clear? How me can you hear me? This is Lima Bravo, November nine, Juliet over.
Speaker 3: So exciting, isn't it? And then sadly they blow it by you. They obviously got some questions and this is what I'm excited about. If we can make this happen with someone who owns a Ham radio. They called that we could get questions from listeners and maybe Patsy and then pass on to the astronauts. This is what Berlin did.
Speaker 8: We hear you loud and clear.
Speaker 10: Are you ready for questions?
Speaker 8: Confirm I'm ready for questions. Good to hear your voice.
Speaker 12: All right, Then question one from the mayor.
Speaker 10: You have taken a piece of technological history into space.
Speaker 12: Do you have any tips for us and how we can get more? Berlin is interested in space travel.
Speaker 8: Copy your question. I would say, be just not the person that says no to other persons dreams. I think we need more of that than Berlin. But be the person that always says yes and list up people if they have a new idea.
Speaker 3: Look into us and like down Germany one.
Speaker 4: Also, the mayor asking the first question is the same energy as when you had a special guest speaker at school.
Speaker 5: None of the students had a question. Says said, well, I have a question.
Speaker 3: Yes, if no one asks, will ask one, Patsy, what would you ask them if we can beat to the astronauts tomorrow?
Speaker 6: Something really practical. What I'd really like to know is how do they go to the bathroom in space? Because I'm sure no, but I'm sure there is a really tactical.
Speaker 3: Dango lima lima nine. Oh my god, what's your question?
Speaker 6: Do they go to the toilet?
Speaker 5: Put us on speaker phone when you.
Speaker 3: Especially guys, guys, just put it on auto cruise from moment you want to hear this question, it's our friends in Australia and that Australia. Can you hear us lima tango nine nine you have a ninety second window and two I bet you can't flash.
Speaker 4: I would say something like, you know, seeing the globe from up in space, does that give you a different perspective on what life is like?
Speaker 5: And will it change your life?
Speaker 3: That question whatever?
Speaker 6: I want to know how they go to toilets?
Speaker 3: Well, let's see we're going to get any close up. So we had two calls yesterday, not from people that actually own a Ham radio, but from their wives. And one thing we learned from both these calls is it's a very serious hobby.
Speaker 4: Yes had you need a license to do it, and the people who do it seem very invested in the rules of having a Ham radio.
Speaker 3: And also Jack, I'm sure we can agree, don't want to speak to us. They were just suddenly unavailable for the last chunks of the day. Caitlin Today goes this morning she chatted to someone who said, oh no, I spoke to one of them. He's a real lark and I was like, great, this is a show with the Alaraq and get them on. He can't speak all morning, he's picking his wife up from the airport. You waiting around for hours? You got all the time them on to have a quick chat with a radio show.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: Where he goes there's no service. Wait you know which bit the airport?
Speaker 4: Which airport doesn't have?
Speaker 3: Anyway, we were quite a few pass leading us to the Spark Club, which is that the Victorian Club of Amateur Radio Enthusiasts HAM radios, and we heard from the president who has the call sign VK three JTL, otherwise known as Chris Christian. Thank you for the opportunity to showcase amateur HAM radio and Australia. Contacting satellites requires specialized equipment and expertise. Not all HAM radio users have that. Some hands focus on ARIZI, Earth, Moon Bounce and the other is b It's boring, however, using licensed amateur radio operators in Australia to communicate with an orbiting station or vehicle and then rebroadcasting on one oh four point three medium HURTZ that's US may violate the amateur license agreement with AKMA. This is the ruling body of broadcasting in Australia and possibly your station's AKMA agreement. Your legal department may need to review this. You could be fined.
Speaker 4: Imagine we got these stations stripped off the air for speaking to astronaut just.
Speaker 3: Too awesome to the toilet.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show, Go on podcast.
Speaker 3: It is time now for the name game. We don't know your names were, Try and guess what your name is. You give us a one line clue. If you have one of those names, that for you is a bit tricky. You have to always explain what your name is. We go from your clue and try and work backwards. Patsy, are you ready to play this week?
Speaker 6: Ready to come out of the blocks today?
Speaker 3: Just come out of the blox, Just come out of it.
Speaker 5: Just crawl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to be fair, she came out of the blox. Jackie Boy, are you ready?
Speaker 5: Excited and ready to go?
Speaker 3: Super charts with energy always power posers locked in? All right, let's play. Let's have our first caller. Good morning, cooler one.
Speaker 8: Good morning guys. Are you ready?
Speaker 3: We're ready? Okay? My last name like a tap? Oh no, pipe, sink, plumber, plug hole? What Sarah?
Speaker 8: Correct?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, out of the blocks, out of the block, sneaky Pete. Thank you very much, you cooled. Caller one.
Speaker 13: Er Caller two, my name as in Wizard of Eyes, Dorothy.
Speaker 3: Yay, share a point. Thank you very much your clue. Let's go. Caller three, welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Okayoda my first name as in Pieces of eight Races have the gate.
Speaker 3: And out of the blocks, gates blocks, everything's open. Thank you very much. Caller three. Let's jump now to what call a four? One hundred and five.
Speaker 14: You know, guys, love the show. Thank your last name as in Collingwood footballer.
Speaker 6: Hi, toothless, no pende.
Speaker 14: I did wait And the funny part is that my first name starts with S, so everyone gets me to sign stuff for partners and that, so they say, that's got Penleburg.
Speaker 5: What is your stand for.
Speaker 14: Shane, I'm the lightning boy. I rang you a few years back.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I remember. I love to hear from you again.
Speaker 14: Yeah yeah, great show, guys.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much to still be sticking with us. All right, thank you, it's not a problem. Thank you. I listen. Idea for the show. Problem between you and I do listener, it's getting very difficult, tough relationship we've become problematic.
Speaker 11: Call of five, good morning, came morning, good morning.
Speaker 14: It's my surname that causes some problems. And two parts as in the car and as in the meat holden mint.
Speaker 4: Then said one was close for okay.
Speaker 3: For mints, Ford mints, pork, Ford chicken for Ford Bacon.
Speaker 2: Well done, we got there, Ford Bacon, Fordham.
Speaker 3: I love it, mister Fordham.
Speaker 4: That's the one.
Speaker 14: He did very well, and I love the show.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you very much. All Right, we do part two next Christian Color Show podcast, Part two of our Name Game. Will you come on air, we try and guess what your name is from your clues. This game is for people who've got a tricky name. We have to explain it and over the years, so many times of explaining, you've whittled it down to one line. You tell us the one line. We guess the name. We've got no idea what your name is, which is why you were here, and me just coldly go and call the one, call the two. And you know me, I would never normally do that. I'm a very friendly radio, very polite young man. Call it one.
Speaker 12: Good morning, Hi guys, love your show.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, welcome. Okay, what is your clue?
Speaker 12: Okay, my last name is as in the chicken.
Speaker 7: Little No rooster, No not chicken, ni poultry, red rooster, feather the Colonelders Kentucky clue.
Speaker 12: It's a dish.
Speaker 6: Oh, chicken.
Speaker 3: Cobbler, no pie, chicken and chips. No chicken in the basket, chicken, palm, fried chicken, palm, parmi palm. We had we went around the States, all the varieties of the park.
Speaker 12: When I say my name, I say Parama, and people always fell as p a l emmy r oh, I know it's Parma, like in Parmeshana.
Speaker 3: Yes, gotcha, all right, Thank you very much for playing along today. Have a good day and you cooler too.
Speaker 1: Oh Hi, My son and I listened to you on the way to soccer in the morning. Love your show. Thank you for having me on.
Speaker 3: Oh pleasure. Thank you for listening to us with you. What's what's the name of your boy?
Speaker 12: Tom?
Speaker 3: Tom? Morning? Tom? Is he listening now?
Speaker 8: He is in the other room listening.
Speaker 12: We're very excited.
Speaker 3: I know Tom in the other room. Good morning. I bet mum makes you listen to the show. Hope he's not too painful. All right, mum of Tom. Let's go okay.
Speaker 12: My first name es in.
Speaker 3: Drew, barrymore Nancy.
Speaker 15: Yes, someone loves the hardy boys, Tom loves all right, thank you very much, you cool, Thank you all of three.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 6: My last name as in the pattern, as in the pattern, was a person.
Speaker 3: The pattern fabric.
Speaker 6: We harp, stitch, plaid.
Speaker 5: What's that called herring bone?
Speaker 3: Herring bone swish stripe, Paisley. Ye, my god, I know my fabric patterns. I love a habitatie. Thank you very much, thank you, thank you. Caller. We'll be back to caller one an' we caller four?
Speaker 14: Four?
Speaker 2: Call a four?
Speaker 3: Ye mind that your name is in rabbit who he No, Peter, Peter, what's up that rare Brian patch?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm rabbit stew Yeah, Pie, it's easter.
Speaker 6: No, what's the other clue?
Speaker 3: What's a rebbit barrel called warren patch? Warren? Warren Warren?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we got that.
Speaker 3: Well done, team, all right, we's got time for one more. Let's make it call A five hundred and ninety two.
Speaker 5: And now you confuse you're right?
Speaker 3: All right, pretty serious business, jack, call a five. My last name as in cricket Jimmy no.
Speaker 6: Test stumps no, no mcg.
Speaker 3: No pat coming shame worn, Yeah, stumps, crease cheats, sandpaper, pret association. Happens, It happened.
Speaker 5: Give us another clue.
Speaker 2: Cricket No.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty, no fastball, big bash, little bas.
Speaker 5: Slips.
Speaker 3: This was hard.
Speaker 5: Can we have another clue?
Speaker 12: Yeah, they stand and by something to the batsman.
Speaker 13: Wicket caper fa face, no chriase address address, no umpire bowl what is it close?
Speaker 3: Bowler bowler. Yes, we got there eventually and we're watching along old day at the Test. All right, thank you, call the following, thank you whatever.
Speaker 2: The Christian o'connall Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show Today, wance morethents to Cogan dot com. Cogan dot com having you get what you want for less Cogan dot com. Now that's clicking. Awesome. Western Show Today wins two hundred and fifty dollars to spend on Cogan. We're looking for your camping bands today on the time waste. It is World Camping Week. Campfires have just topped Cosmopolitans magazines power rankings for the best Smells of twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: Five and best Things to Stare into.
Speaker 3: Yes, what do we think of the other four things? The best smells?
Speaker 6: Oh, babies heads.
Speaker 3: Baby's heads, No, they do, that's right smell. I don't know what that was, but it's not in the top I tell you what also is great. At the top of your dog's head, Oh god, oh my god, especially if it's a labrador labrador out about. I'll always just sneak a little sniff on the top of his head.
Speaker 6: Coffee. You'd have to be in.
Speaker 3: There, snow pats. Oh, really, think about some of you walked into a kitchen.
Speaker 5: Oh you got a roast onions?
Speaker 3: You got onions? No you would you got onions, onion.
Speaker 5: Garlic, garlic? No, no, garlic?
Speaker 3: Number three? Bake and on the grill. Oh my word. What about freshly baked bread?
Speaker 4: The girl sausage sizzle?
Speaker 3: No. Number four? Freshly washed clothes oh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It's better though, when they're nice and warm, when they just come out the dryer. Oh my god.
Speaker 6: I always put all these jarmis in the winter in the dryer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or before bed.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is what a great mum. That thing to do that is pre warming them. Yeah, you do that with mine. I'll bring them in every day and five in U car. It's really related when all of us get new.
Speaker 4: Cars, so you've become familiar with bacon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, brown car. All right. Camping bands, what are they all listening to around the campfire? Hike and Turner, Gold, Snoop log fire Silver. Oh, poor little person, he's got this iddy biddy little tent. That's right, it's tiny tenter told Florence and know the train that old chemical look gold Lincoln Caravan parks and I can tell you what you were reading it. You were like, I shouldn't I shouldn't do this. It's like, how can I try and push this over the edge? Nickel backpack. They love their gortex. Jack, What have you got, sir?
Speaker 5: Trail mix a lot?
Speaker 3: Oh that's great. Gold camp Fire Weekend also Gold camp Fire Weekend, very very good.
Speaker 4: Fleetwood pack Yeah, and cold place cold like it's when you go.
Speaker 3: Care in there yourself.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show time wasted Today we're looking for your camping bands. Mess and show gets two hundred and fifty dollars to spend at Cogan dot com. Jack, you read to Mark, I'm ready Let's go to the Great Doors Tental as anything gold, World done, Joe Earth Tent and Fire silvera Porterloo red gold, very good. Who's that? Christopher wild up Porterloo Reed, Grill Collins silver, John Cougar Mellon camping Spot plus so good Andy World after that Andy Conway. John Cougar Mellon camping Spot is genius? Who he can't catch? Fish silver? That's what Aaron instead of Shaggy Swaggy gold at Anthony Emmy wine please bronze Guy Rope Sebastian. That's so good, that is so smart? What an Cameron crowded outhouse gold. These are brilliant World and Jesse for that one. Gavin's got hoots in the blow up Mattress gold, Who needs it? Who t he will? Given so much? Swag Wagon Rovario Speedwagon Frankie goes to collect the wood, not Hollywood Silver, Nathan well done, not Boss Skags, Boss swags Yees World On Georgia Caravan, Haylen silver, Fleetwood Macpack silver, Caravan Morrison Bronze, Transvision Clamp gold, Hammock at the Disco Silver Caravan's Joy gold, what Antonia the outdoors gold. That's some Danny and tenty Loggins Ron it's funny, but it's not. But it's funny. I don't made a slam, all right, So some brilliant ones there, but who's going to invest in show?
Speaker 4: Congratulations to any for the simple but brilliant John Cougar mellon Camping Spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that. Andy, Well done, Christian O'Connell show go on Podka with the chapter ten minutes ago about best smells the power rankings according to Cosmo magazine, freshly baked bread, brand new car perats. He's right, smell of a fresh baby's head. We're not super fresh, but when they're about six months old, I think is when they're peak. It's a mixture of talcum powder and some special unique.
Speaker 4: Who do you even capture that smell? Probably not put it in a candle.
Speaker 3: I'd love to, and I would happily buy it from a sobs to honor show. What are your favorite smells? I've got quite unusual one. Maybe it's not, but I love the smell of a freshly lit match. And then when it's extinguished as well, Oh my god, that's so good. And when I was a kid, like five or six, my parents had to intervene. I used to get a great pleasure from licking the side of matchboxes. No, I really, Oh my god, I'd get right up there strike. Yeah, yeah that. I don't know what poor time back into Kenjin, England was, and all I had for nutrition it was. It was the toughest of times, was licking a match box with some I don't know, it's so funny or something, but I even now, as now I have to see the side of her. Tried so hard to get out of those days. All right, So Katie, what's your what's your favorite smell?
Speaker 10: Without a doubt, the best smell.
Speaker 3: It chunt bullet.
Speaker 10: No, yeah, maybe I'd love.
Speaker 3: To ride under that armpit.
Speaker 10: No, when you're walking past the house and you can smell someone cooking onion and garlic, it doesn't matter if it's in butter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bloody big kitchen the street by your wreck, you can walk down east straight. They're making carry.
Speaker 10: I think I could tell what someone's cooking in the.
Speaker 3: Backyard, A variety of dishes, Your onions in that, and you know a snack is happening.
Speaker 5: Yeah, great competition.
Speaker 4: We take it around suburban backyards and you have to say what they have.
Speaker 3: Had to test it next week on the show. All Right, what are your favorite smells? Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com.
Speaker 2: Today you Christian O'Connell Show Podcast