Speaker 1: The radio.
Speaker 2: So talkback tings is where we play the weird shit that happens on talkback radio. It's such a unique, cooked world of its own, isn't it talkback radio?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it isn't coming from FM radio? Tight bright, no dead air, You move on. You don't really have conversations unless that's the point of the whole segment. But talk back now they got a field endless amounts of air.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: I heard something during the six hour drive back home to Bogenate Wearingham right now, and I thought, oh, that's very out there, that's odd. But I'm thinking, Mitch, you can implement it into your FM radio world. So John Law's right, the King.
Speaker 1: We've heard from.
Speaker 2: Him quite a few times. In this segment. He was taking a call from someone and halfway through he sort of just broke into song. What but he wasn't singing. It was more like poetry.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: It sounds weird, but give it a listen. I really think Mitch you should take this on board.
Speaker 3: I don't think I need it. I think my show is just fine. But all right, we have the audio. This is John Laws on AM Radio.
Speaker 4: One three hundred five six four sixty five two. Should you like to give us a call and tell us.
Speaker 1: What Sorry that fucking number. Simplify it. It's like one three hundred John Laws.
Speaker 2: It spelled his name.
Speaker 3: Hey, listeners already have damage frontal lobes, like, don't make them have to hours?
Speaker 1: Is thirteen one o six five easy? I'm sure you.
Speaker 2: Know when you use the text on a Nokia as the letters and numbers would be there. I'm pretty sure one three hundred whatever it is, that spells one three hundred John Laws.
Speaker 1: Oh my WSFM.
Speaker 3: Oh that's actually smart. So they catered for that back in the day when that was really cool.
Speaker 2: But he doesn't say that. He says the number four one three hundred five six four six fighter.
Speaker 3: His listeners can barely remember to take their blood pressure medication, not alone that number.
Speaker 1: All right here again, continuing the audio, is that.
Speaker 4: Is on your mind? We better talk to Ross Ross? Are you there? Yeah? Mite, Okay, what do you want to talk about? Ross?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yeah, just dumb. I had a bit of a culture shock myself the other day. I drive a truck up and down the up the coast and Queensland coast and out as far as Mount Either and I was getting ready to find in me truck and the gear bag was missed five minutes on the front steps. And I come from a country team where you went down the pub and you left your wallet and your money on the on the bar when you went to the toilet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nobody touched a thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh, god knows what's happened to that lovely attitude we used to have in little towns where you could do anything you like. You just got to be so careful these days because the world has become a much more violent place than a much more dishonest place than it used to be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you know, everyone looked after everyone else.
Speaker 4: That's right, everyone.
Speaker 5: Looked up for everyone up now it makes you really paranoid about people, you know.
Speaker 4: I remember a story I did about little towns. I might read that for you.
Speaker 2: Oh no, yep, yep.
Speaker 4: Okay, Russ, turn your radio on and listen, because it's a good story about little towns. Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Where do you get a good town from?
Speaker 6: Let's just think about the magic of the little town. A little town is where everybody knows what everybody else is doing, but they read the weekly newspaper just to see who got caught doing it. A little town is where if you get the wrong number, you can talk for fifteen minutes anyway if you want to. In any town, the ratio of good people to bad people is one hundred to one.
Speaker 1: Where'd you get that statistic? From?
Speaker 6: One hundred are uncomfortable in a little town? The one is uncomfortable. The small town policeman has a first name. The small town school teacher has the last word. The small town preacher is sometimes a full time The small town farman takes turns. And you say, why would anybody want to live in one of these tiny, blinker New Missic towns. I don't know. Maybe because in the class play there's a part for everybody. What in the town jail there's rarely anybody? And then you're still among friends.
Speaker 1: Oh my, Mitchell, what did you think when you heard that live?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I'll be honest, I did think, what the fuck is going on? Where did this come from? And I also did think, oh, he's clearly not reading that life. His voice sounds way younger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was in the mid eighties. At least the pleme wasn't on his throat as well at that point in time.
Speaker 2: But then I thought this is John Laws we're talking about. He has been in radio for four hundred years, and so there must be some key to his longevity, and I feel that that might be the fact that he really thinks outside the box. So, Mitchell, I think you should take an inspiration from his poetry. I was quite inspired.
Speaker 3: And what starts some poetry on the night show or the national breakfast show that I'm doing.
Speaker 2: No, precisely, that's what I'm thinking. You've got this new fancy radio gig. You're doing breakfast hours at the moment, and I was thinking you should call your boss and find some gentle guitar music similar to what John Laws has with the pan fleute, and then just say to him, hey, man, I've got this idea. Can you let me know what you think of this and then wing it? Just improvise something similar to that.
Speaker 3: Hold on, wait a second, now, I don't want to implement this in my show.
Speaker 1: I've got enough content. I'm more than a cross it. Ay.
Speaker 2: If it's good enough for the great John Law, it's good enough for you. BUCKU exactly can learn a thing or two from him. I feel like poetry could be your thing.
Speaker 1: I found some music. This is perfect this is lovely sounds like something from Banjo KAZUOI.
Speaker 2: Okay, so call your boss dB.
Speaker 3: No, no, I'm going to call my producer. I'm going to call my producer, Alex Alex. Yeah, Alex is my producer for the Winter Breakfast show.
Speaker 2: That I oh wait, that is that the same intern Alex that we had on this podcast. We brought her into Oust Jenna, Oh my god, yes we did, and then we offered her a role on this podcast as a producer. And then she ghosted it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, she fucking did.
Speaker 2: We did a welfare check and we just presumed she was dead. So she's back from the dead working on your radio show, is she?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she got the call up. She's my head producer.
Speaker 2: She's alive.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow. I can't believe she faked her own death just to get out of working on this podcast. That's unbelievable something I would do, sho.
Speaker 1: You should imagine myself when I got a call from a number, I.
Speaker 2: Thought it's a polter guys anyway, So maybe call Alex then your producer and just say, oh god, this is actually better, because she'll be really polite. She won't have the heart to tell you that it's fucking stupid. Yeah, like, hey, babe, I'm thinking outside the box. I want to bring something fresh to the radio show next week.
Speaker 1: What do you think of it?
Speaker 2: And then what do you want your poem to be about?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: Maybe ask her now, what's what's my poem to be? And I'm gonna have to have an idea for a poem? What about Princess Diana's mural?
Speaker 7: Nah?
Speaker 2: You do better, You do better when you're improvising. Maybe ask her to give you a random topic.
Speaker 3: Oh good, Yeah, okay, I'm going to dial her through. I'm going to connect my phone so she knows it's me.
Speaker 1: Fucking hell.
Speaker 2: Can I hear the music again?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I've got options on this gentle guitar number three, which you've heard. Okay, this sounds like the final Ballad of the Titanic as it's something to the North Pacific does.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That one's too emo.
Speaker 1: It needs to be a bit inspiring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this one sounds like New Poise panty line if by Libra it does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does. I like the bat trash.
Speaker 3: I truly throw milk because I don't want the kathium and take from regular milk.
Speaker 1: That's why I drink thir good. All right, now, I like three, this is it?
Speaker 4: This is it?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna call it, but I'm going to get her opinion on which.
Speaker 1: It's me. You're not.
Speaker 3: You won't speaker phone rule number one, like I taught you. Oh, I had an idea for the show. I'm thinking you know how you have Tom Gleisman from Have You Been Paying Attention?
Speaker 1: Monday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm thinking on Tuesday, just to like tie into that comedy aspect and the fun we should do, Like I should do poetry on the air, okay, like live poetry, live lyrics about a topic that's current.
Speaker 6: Okay, cool fun. It'd be like, yeah, like a like a slam poetry kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not even slam, like inspiring, Like I want to inspire like like people like kids listening, what's topical, what's happening at the mow in like culture? Well, I mean you could you know, kind of do something inspiring in terms of Brittany you know Britney spears, people control.
Speaker 1: You, Oh my god, Britney Spears. Coolpie. I just like get some music out and I'd like I'd sing to music.
Speaker 4: Ideas.
Speaker 3: It'd be like.
Speaker 7: We knew you from a girl titan c but now look at you like an old haggard boot free Brittany. Let her out of that cage.
Speaker 1: Poor poor Brittany. It makes me filled with rage.
Speaker 3: Blonde hair, blue eyes, her father doing this.
Speaker 1: I desp.
Speaker 3: Something like that, you know, like a poem, a current, Yeah, yeah, that could work.
Speaker 1: Or what else is topical?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 7: I mean royals, topical royals?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. You shouldn't have got in that taxi cab. I'll die.
Speaker 3: Why did you have to die? You would have been sixty today. It's the sixty of three.
Speaker 1: Of her life.
Speaker 3: There was a statue made for die and it was built from concrete and live.
Speaker 1: Concrete and line. A beautiful sons attended.
Speaker 3: Tension was at an all time no sign of Queen Lizzie, no sign.
Speaker 1: Philip wasn't there. I guess he probably couldn't, because Philip died, just like die, Princess die. Yes see, I think there's something you die too.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, well we can talk Monday and then we'll send it to men, because I reckon that's good to center like dB and the buses.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I love that. Okay, fabulous, all right.
Speaker 3: Thanks Alex, We'll talk to you over the weekend. Love you, love you see thanks the tips. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Now that didn't That didn't even feel like a prank call. That felt like a genuine fucking brainstorm. And you know what, I'm soul.
Speaker 1: I loved it. I actually might run that allio on Monday morning. That was Inspirationior.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that was actually quite impressive. You know what, Maybe save it for when you're back doing nights radio, because I believe you don't have a news reader.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, I have no newsreader.
Speaker 2: That could be your way of keeping people in Ford. You just sing the news at them. Imagine Sandra Sully doing that.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, twelve dead in a car crash on the Hume high Away this morning.
Speaker 2: Do you know what? The most impressive part what?
Speaker 1: What? What?
Speaker 4: What? What?
Speaker 2: The fact that John Laws's poem wasn't actually rhyming. I don't know if you realized that, but you managed to make your rhyme even though you didn't need to.
Speaker 1: Because I've been to fucking theater school. I studied improv. If there's one thing in life I can.
Speaker 3: Do, I will never be a builder, never be a salesman.
Speaker 1: If there's one thing I can do, it's fucking rhyme on a song.
Speaker 3: I don't know where that is ever going to come in handy, but you know what, I've got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've found your niche and you need to go for it. I think this is your new thing. I mean, I'm saying this now, like, oh, you should definitely start doing this on radio or on our podcast. But I think if if one week you came in and said I have another poem, we'd be like, oh, the moment's passed.
Speaker 1: We've been caught up in the moment. Now, is it just me?
Speaker 2: You should follow these idiots online search a couple of mitches