Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Everyone'essay on the show will it feel? Stories of coincidence and chants? We call it What are the Odds? Lines are open now for your stories of coincidence and chants on nine four one four, one oh four to three.
Speaker 3: Believe it or not?
Speaker 4: What are the odds?
Speaker 1: You gotta be justhing me.
Speaker 3: Like we were you was Cheryl who married a Hun, who was with the Cheryl.
Speaker 1: Who married a Hun as well? One for the ages last week.
Speaker 5: Min Norna had a wooden chest or trunk that used to sit at the end of her bed, like any good Italian woman does. She'd blined the bottomless newspaper. And so when I got the chest, pulled the newspaper out and I thought, oh, what's on? It was the Sun's Birth and guest Notices. I looked at the date and it was October twenty fifth, nineteen eighty, and I thought, that's the day after my husband David was born. And I switched it over and in my on his chest was my husband's birth notice from nineteen eighty.
Speaker 2: Wow, all right, lines are up and now nine four one four, one oh four three Claire.
Speaker 1: You're first up. Good morning, Claire.
Speaker 6: Hi there, Christian, how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good? What are.
Speaker 5: The odds of?
Speaker 6: We were away on holidays in Monkey Mayer, which is remote Western Australia, and there's nothing around except the accommodation where you can stay, and we were just lacing by the pool and my partner asked me if I happened to pack nail clippers, and I said, oh, no, I didn't, and he's like, oh, okay. Anyway, he walked over to one of the ledges that was near the pool that overhooked a bar, and he was hobbing around there for a little bit, and then he came back and he goes, just go and have a look at what's on that ledge over there. So I went over and had a look and there's a pair of nail clippers. He'd been standing there doing his nails, so he asked for it.
Speaker 3: That came.
Speaker 2: Just what, I mean, one of the most powerful stories of manifestation I've ever heard. Yeah, he was looking for now clippers and then that ledge.
Speaker 1: So legendary story about ledge. Thank you very much for calling Claire. You're welcome, thank thank you, thank you. We are welcome.
Speaker 2: And the voice over guy said, these stories were and un quote unmiscible. Yeah, Evan, please, Evan, dear Evan, Evan above, please help us. All right, Evan, what have you got then? Your story of coincidence and chance?
Speaker 1: What are the odds you got it? Buddy? Yeah? So Bet a year ago.
Speaker 7: I was working in a paintball joint as a referee, and I hosted this guy's party. He was great, and then after all that was I thought, Okay, no worries. And then about a year later, he comes into the pub that I'm working at, drinking with his mates. I'm thinking, what are the odds that this guy's here at my new workplace?
Speaker 3: And then a.
Speaker 7: Couple of months later I started working at auto Barn and ended up selling him parts through his car or just whatever he happened to be buying that day. It was just three different jobs.
Speaker 1: Wow, what are the odds? Third times a chance?
Speaker 2: There suddenly a paintball lampire's there, he's in the park.
Speaker 1: But now autobarn.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and these are these are aren't like close locations either. Yeah, that does make it more interesting if they're all on a small shopping stair and a small town of a thousand people.
Speaker 1: What are the odds? That's a good one, Evan, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: You call no worries.
Speaker 1: Thank you all right, give.
Speaker 2: Us a called nine four one four one oh four three. Gonna be tough to beat that Nework now climber one, but please try.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: We lookome stories of coincidence and chants. Christian, my friend and I we went on a ski trip to Japan. We met a couple from Melbourne that lived in the same suburb at us on the chair lift going up a mountain. Became friends with them, had a few drinks. Then a week later we were on our separate ways traveling around Tokyo. Week later, we're in Tokyo. We're at some traffic lights next to us. It's them a city of millions. Well, Michael and Melbourne, thank you very very much. As up there with the nail clippers.
Speaker 1: Norew good morning. Hi, Hey Joey, I'm good Norell. Welcome to What are.
Speaker 8: The odds?
Speaker 1: That's it, Norell, what's your story mate?
Speaker 9: This is kind of more of a coincidence. So about three weeks ago I was driving to Daniel on an early morning start and.
Speaker 8: Driving to get the highway.
Speaker 9: You were playing a budget rental truck and I had a.
Speaker 8: Horrible driver in front.
Speaker 9: Of me driving a budget rentel truck. And then about twenty minutes later I pulled up at traffic lights and you were playing Michael Jackson's Philly Jean and beside me in a bed. The next part of the lights was Billy Jay's tiling service.
Speaker 1: I love this one. This is a great one. It's Hall of Famers.
Speaker 2: I was hoping you get I'm hoping you get a third one by the end of today's show. Noel, that's great. Thank you very much for sharing. Have a good day, Thanks bye. I love that one.
Speaker 1: Brian, good morning.
Speaker 8: What are the odds?
Speaker 1: What are the odds? My friend Brian Yes on holiday.
Speaker 8: In Scotland back in the mid nineties and we were traveling up to the top of Scotland. Place called Thuso. There's a little milk bar there. We walked in and the lady said, oh, you're from Australia. I said, yes, we are. She said, oh, my sisters from Australia haven't seen her in many, many years. I said where she lives. She said, oh, you won't know. The place. It's a little place called Arthur's Seat. So you've got a couple of streets and I said Nettle or Windward Court. She said, win we're Court. Why do you know? I said what number? She said number four. I said, well we're at number eight.
Speaker 1: Brian, what an awesome story.
Speaker 8: And she burst into tears. Gaming a leader in the package to take back. When we got back to Australia, knocked on the door and explained the same story to the lady and she wept in tears as well.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, Oh, Brian, what a lovely story.
Speaker 8: Yeah, what are the odds?
Speaker 1: Other street, other seat? Only have two streets? Its tiny, isn't it?
Speaker 8: Yeah, a couple of streets, but back in the mid nineties the main streets was Windward Court, Nestle Court. She her sister was in Winward as well, all the way from Scotland.
Speaker 2: That is incredible, thousands of miles. Amazing story. Brian's what we do the feature. Great story, Thanks for sharing.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show Vodka.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's show on Goal. All right, last few stories today then, for what are the odds?
Speaker 1: Christiani can believe this? What are the odds?
Speaker 2: I'm listening to that kind of talk about Scotland and a connection to Arthur's C and Nestle Court. My sister used to live at number twelve, so he was talking about number four, number eight. I think we've almost completed the stream. My sister used to live in Number twelve, Nettle Court, Arthur's C. I can't believe us hearing that. Pete in Mount Martha.
Speaker 1: Johnny, good morning, Good morning, Good morning, Johnny. What's your story for us?
Speaker 4: So my three and a half year old son at the moment is really into eighties music. So a couple of weeks ago, I was driving him to daycare. When he we're in the car with him, he's the DJ, right, So whatever song he wants, we're listening.
Speaker 2: To that right.
Speaker 4: So we've got Aha take on me. We've got a Final Countdown by Europe And we were listening to that song Final Countdown as we've got to daycare. The song ended. I unplugged my phone. I said it's time to take him inside. He said, no, we're listened to the Power of Love by She would listen to news around my phone. That song was playing on the radio. I have to sit in the car for another couple of minutes until it ended, just so he could listen to the whole.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is an incredible story. I love it, Johnny.
Speaker 2: Wow, he's the he's the next generation. I'm just warming the seat up for him, Johnny, thank you very much for calling mate.
Speaker 1: Thank you em come on in.
Speaker 3: What are the odds?
Speaker 1: What are the odds are here? It's a birthday one?
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 3: I work in a hospital and I had a patient and I noticed her birthday was the same as my birthday. And I said, I what a good day. But she's thirty years older than me. And then her husband said to me, what about and he said his birthday? And I said, oh, that's a really good day. That's my husband's birthday. That's thirty years exactly more than my husband. And then she had two sons and they were all thirty years the same birthdays as my two sons, thirty years apart.
Speaker 2: Ah, we get a lot of birthday This is hand the best.
Speaker 1: That is insane.
Speaker 3: It was crazy, It was really crazy.
Speaker 4: I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 1: What are the odds? Yeah, EMONI thank you very much for story mate.
Speaker 3: Take care, You're welcome, have a good day.
Speaker 1: Oh, in all this is the last couple of bit Amazing one final one. Tanya, good morning, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Good morning, how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm very good and I understand this involves a jacket?
Speaker 10: It does? It does. At the age of eight, I found a Calton blue jacket whilst working with my parents, like after school and helping him out. It was a men's extra large. It didn't fit me, so I gave it to one of her workers for employees, and he said, when you're older, I'll find you and give it back to you when it fits you. Fast forward, I'm at the age of twenty three, working behind a bar talking to a man in a Culton blue jacket. It was like telling him this story about what I found when I was eight, and it turned out it was him. He went home, got the jacket and gave it back to me.
Speaker 1: Amazing. I love these stories, just the last couple. They're amazing, aren't they.
Speaker 10: It's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you still got it, China. Thank you very much for sharing that with us. Thank you, Christian O'Connell Show Podcast