Speaker 1: Hey, leud just welcome back to the Mason cock Show. Plenty going on in the footy world. We've got a big question mark around a head knock over the weekend. We've got West Coast wins in a thriller, an absolute thriller, and one of the greats of all time in the football world calls it a day. There's plenty on this episode, so listen in and let's get to it. All right, let's get into it. Welcome Brighton, get I Mason.
Speaker 2: We can't take one more step without saying a massive congratulations to the career of arguably the goat of the AFL, Lance Buddy Franklin, calling time what a massive career was.
Speaker 1: It is insane to run through some of the stats. Fourth leading goalkicker in AFL VFL history over a thousand goals. We know everyone knows he kicked a thousand thousandth goal recently, and a crazy, crazy experience, probably the last time you'll ever see a field stormed insane experience. It's picked five two thousand and four draft. I don't know who has picked one, two, three and four, but geez, they're probably regretting that.
Speaker 3: Richard Tambling was up there. That's pretty rough. No offense.
Speaker 1: Richard Tampling Wack. He's appeared in many A Grand Finals, I think five overall. He's won two flags and twenty thirteen ten years in Sydney in one of the trailblazers up there for the Sydney Football Club, he's won eight all Australians. He is an absolute freak of nature on the football field, an incredible human offer, a man that we have an amazing amount of respect for. Just a beautiful human someone who's been able to represent only himself with the AFL with such dignity and something we have a lot of time for now.
Speaker 2: I want to ask, what's your favorite Buddy Franklin moment, if you've had a personal one. I want to get down into that mine. Running through the g the leap frog, he does the hurdle. I think it was against Collingwood. He gets it, hurdles through the middle of the ground, kicks it from like eighty meters out. Oh, he's just he can do the impossible.
Speaker 3: Obviously.
Speaker 2: The Kale hooker ones running down the boundaries. I don't want to steal yours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well the killer one will run down the boundaries. Are funny because he has the guts and the balls, so he could have easily gone inside and like, you know, you've got a better angle out. He goes, Nah, your boy's gonna kick it from the pocket and it goes through on the full. It's wild. It's just the confidence of the man was just insane. After running like a seventy to one hundred meters a run and then just he could have, you know, probably gone another ten meters and just lined it up a bit straight and he's like, nah, I think I'm good from the corner here, I'm gonna make it look spectacular.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 2: He liked playing against Well. He liked playing against Essamond. He also liked kicking great goals against Collingwood. He kicked one on Chris Tarrant in the pre limb, almost put him through dribbler from the boundary run and flat out. It's just crazy. Thirteen down in Tazzy. Yeah, best thing that's ever happened to Tazzy. I reckon, Oh careful, Braden. We do love Tazzy everyone. It's a freak. It's one of those people.
Speaker 1: I feel like, you know, there's there's I don't know, people that transcend the sport obviously, but his body and his make and the way he played and everything was just built for AFL.
Speaker 2: You can't do what he did sixty six or whatever. He's one hundred and what of a kilo.
Speaker 1: Speed on him is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: It's actually going to be I don't think it's hit yet that it's it's going to be sad that he's just not there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'd be weird. It's a whole on the AFL that just exists for a while.
Speaker 2: But as happens in the AFL, someone will come along and fill that hole, and you know there's always the next person.
Speaker 1: No one ever do as good as Buddy.
Speaker 2: Well, do you think it's got to be the last time we see a thousand goals? Sure, And it's probably the last time we'll ever see a hundred goals unless something pretty drastic happens.
Speaker 3: You got to pull your finger out, mate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. It might be like a ten six ' two role or something like that. Six sixty six. I'm not really sure. I mean, I think it's it's never gonna happen again. One hundred goals and he was probably, you know, in that era of transitioning from tingle in the game and being able to get that when being able to kick absolute bags every single week. There's just the ability to do that. It's just not there anymore. Like I don't think you'll ever be able to be accomplished again.
Speaker 2: I could kick the match twinner against Adelaide in that big final. I think if Charlie Curno could somehow work the fixture or everse West Coast about six or seven times in a year to get there.
Speaker 1: To get there, we'll move into the next chuck. We've got clanger of the week. What do you got for the clanger?
Speaker 2: This is a bit of a surprise and delight. Have you heard of that saying a bit of a surprise and delight? Now the AFL they like to not tell anyone that they're going to do something, and then just they just surprise dissent rules back and we're going to start paying fifties and free kicks all over the place because maybe tell someone maybe Friday, and they're like, oh, we could tell them going into the game, or we could just keep it a secret. And it's a little surprise and delight for the teams playing tonight and then hopefully the rest of the teams watch that game and then they'll figure it out off that.
Speaker 3: But you know, inconsistencies through everything.
Speaker 2: You don't know which games are going to do what you don't You don't know, so.
Speaker 1: Sense back descents back.
Speaker 2: But for this week, maybe for one game it's I don't like, I don't know why they That one was so bizarre to me and I don't want to bring it up. You gave away your patterned free kicking defensive fifty and I was just I'm like, this is on. Yeah, it's a given that this is going to be fifty. And I think Brandon Maynard came over and.
Speaker 3: Just who's frapper?
Speaker 2: Just do a bit of the calm down, the breathing, and you just you know, you brought it back in, but some of you know, your opposition and teammates couldn't couldn't reel it back in. I think it was like Nathan Murphy or something where they were like the umpire on the mike was like.
Speaker 3: Careful, careful, get.
Speaker 1: I was like, careful, what, bro I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Because we haven't had the conversation about the descent rule behind the closed doors, we don't know what's coming. But that's my clanger. Give us a heads up. Tell him they might have sent an email through. Am I gone to junk? Might have gone to junk, So checked for the descent rule of email because it might have come through.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know my clanger. After the game, you can imagine, I think it was picked up. I wasn't probably in the best of moods, you believe it. Yeah, I wasn't having the greatest day of my life. And I went to dinner with some friends after and just to you know, sometimes whenever you're having a tough day, it's nic just to get with people that just don't really know anything about AFL and just have a you know, just have a chat about life and what's going on. And it was tough to get away from it because next to our table was a gentleman and he had, I assume been to the footy. Right my friends are wearing a Collingwood scarf, and he decides to come over to the table and give us a huge spiel as to why colling were just such a terrible team, not knowing that I'm sitting there and knowing who I was, he goes on a full, like five to ten minute rant and blurbs on and on and on, and we're all at this dinner table going, I think he might get killed here, jump up in this man's life. And it got to the point where I think I made a comment of saying, so you need to move on, and I think at that point he my stern voice, probably gave a very clear indication that this was inappropriate, and he ended up leaving the vicinity and leaving the establishment very quickly. And yeah, that was that was an interesting time of you know, holding back. You know, sometimes you just have to oh jeez, that's very big.
Speaker 2: You had a big, big couple of moments of holding back the emotions.
Speaker 1: It's a big it's a big.
Speaker 3: You know, you're evolving as a human. It's great. No descent towards him, no.
Speaker 1: Descent at all, none at all, just a I don't know, maybe the AFL chunk is brushing off on me in my personal life. Okay, we'll get into the games. There's plenty of big games this week, Bradon. Plenty of been great big games, and one of the big ones that no one probably saw coming to Long versus Freemantle. Freemantle at GM HbA gets the dub.
Speaker 2: It's the upset round, Mace. Now we're going to get into a lot of upsets that happened in this round.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know, as a Frio fan, if you're just ecstatic by this win or if you're just confused by what the hell Frio are doing. I feel like there's always a bit of belief going into the Geelong game.
Speaker 3: Down at the Cattery.
Speaker 2: There's there's been a long gooing I guess a little rivalry between Geelong and Frio. I had Geelong penciled in for this top eight slot and straight away this really puts the brakes on that. And especially when you look at the injuries coming out of this game, there was a few of them. Hawkins really pulled up short and came from the field.
Speaker 1: He's out for is huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're losing a lot of running power, rock power, leaders leadership, You're losing a lot with blitzers. Obviously Hawkins is invaluable as well. So yeah, it was a really big loss for free for Geelong at home, I don't know, I don't think Freeo can make it.
Speaker 1: I think that yeah, they're they're they're probably another I think it's like two and a half games out, I want to say, or something like that.
Speaker 2: And so I think if they win every game, they win twelve and you probably needed twelve thirteen percentage, So I don't think it looks very good for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was interesting. I mean yeah, Chris Scott breaks the longest serving coach in Geelong's history this weekend, which was really cool. Credit congrats to him. Credit to him at three hundred and five games at the Helm. As he'd start, he'd be pumped. He would have before the game. I don't I can't imagine he would have been in such a great mood after the game. But these things happened. There was a few things that came out of it. Frederick kicks on the rune corner, sorry corner, yep, mad at me for saying corner. So when I say kicks it from the pocket, because there's no corners on a football.
Speaker 3: Field, I like the corner. Chat. Everyone knows what you mean.
Speaker 2: It's just very unique now that goal, that goal is it was Gary Ablett junior esque. When he returned to the category for the first time playing for the Gold Coast Sons, kicked a goal in the same vein and it was so good the Geelong fans clapped in.
Speaker 1: It was ten minutes left in the fourth quarter, so it's a pivotal goal. It wasn't just like, you know, we're casually up by eighty, I'm just taking you know, kicks from the corner for fine.
Speaker 2: The game was definitely on the line at that stage, so it was it added to how good the goal was. It was a great standalone goal. But he's kicking them from there, poor Jazz, our boy, Jazz. Well, we one goal five and he had one that didn't make the distance. So one goal five from seven shots.
Speaker 1: These things happened, though. I also got full faith in the man. I got lots of love for Jazz. Lots of love, Oh lots of love. That's just through patches. That's yeah, silver lining. He's having the shots, he's getting the shots. He's still in front of goal if that's.
Speaker 3: Any other day, he's converting those.
Speaker 2: So you just keep shoot a shoot shooters shoot well.
Speaker 1: Freemantle snaps the four game losing streak at a big, big win a GMHBA down there in Geelong and one of the upsets, like we said of the mini over the weekend, that did happen. We'll move into the next one. Bulldogs versus Giants. Your boys, the Giants, the big, big sound from the west of the town. Still on a roll.
Speaker 2: At this stage. Are we surprised? Like they are doing it everywhere. This isn't like a team that's just winning at home and then struggling away.
Speaker 3: They've won.
Speaker 2: They've beaten Melbourne up in the NT. They beat Adelaide at Adelaide. Who you know, they just beat hot in Adelaide, So it's pretty hard deal to go over there and beat Adelaide. They've beaten Yeah, now the Bulldogs in Ballarat.
Speaker 1: They've won in nine different locations. That's pretty impressive.
Speaker 3: It's still underrated what they're doing.
Speaker 2: I've been telling them and it's just like this for weeks, banging their head against a bloody brick wall mace. Because this team is still underrated. They're going to be a big problem. Come fine, because they're they can you know, get in the way final. They can get a home final, they could go to Antarctica, they can go to Mars. They're going to get the WS. It's actually insane to see and it's lead from the front. Toby Green got to be putting a case up besides your teammate Darcy Moore for all Australian captain. I would love to see him get it, the bad boy of the AFL. We like to see a bit of attitude fall out.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he does.
Speaker 2: And he can just go in there and karate kick him across the room and you know, I gouge him or whatever he's going to do to get himself across.
Speaker 3: The line there.
Speaker 1: Captain, Oh, the smirk on his face would be worth a million bucks.
Speaker 3: We well, well the dieples have, sir. It would be great to see.
Speaker 1: Now he did kick four and sorry, kicked five I think yeah. During the game, so second half goes you know, it's all green, all green, there's red, yellow and green.
Speaker 2: I feel like he's just sitting there in the first half and he's boys, when you need me, give me a call, I'll be out there. Second Huld came out kick five won the game, no way, his fellas wild.
Speaker 1: He kicked four I think four in a quarter and the fifth goal he kicked in the fourth and there were down thirty five points in the third and they came back. So it's an impressive win by the Giants and they go up to the sixth spot while the Bulldogs go back to the eighth spot.
Speaker 2: Frustrating lust for the Bulldogs even more so it was a home game, even more so. The amount of injuries out of this, Now, we got to put the prayers up for Josh Bruce absolutely devastating. Did his ACL when he was like up there in the Coleman. Yeah, then he's you know, some boys have come in and you know, filled his spot. So he's gone back and then he's done his other knee ACL.
Speaker 3: He's going to miss another extended period of time. It's just rough.
Speaker 2: There's nothing sport man, there's nothing just more soul destroying than seeing someone go down with like an ACL at any team. It's like one of those universal things you never want to see it happen. And Josh this great guy. He's actually been in the van yea and yeah, so prayers up to him, hopefully a speedy recovery.
Speaker 1: Alex Keith, Yeah, there's some other other injuries from this.
Speaker 2: You got a concussion, which you know, we'll talk about this a bit further on, but it's good to see that he got subbed out with that because you've got to take care of the players most.
Speaker 1: And love how to go to defense. So they've lost a lot of people in their back line. You got Bruce Keith, Liam Jones has been out in Tim O'Brien all unable to play next week. So it is a bit a bit dire in the back line for the Dogs at the moment. But I think they'll throw some stuff around. They'll have to. Yeah, probably keep or a Lob back there. If things get real desperate, maybe bring not And back. I'm not really Norton back Mace he was. He's their threat forward too, you know, I mean, Jamarrow's going to be kicking a bunch if he's going back.
Speaker 2: You know, why why do you have Lob Lob's not going to play back, So you get lobby in as a forward, keep him as a forward. You've got Jamara, he's taken over, So I reckon target, keep them up there as your key pillars, and send Norton back where he was born and bred and playing footy up through the charts. He was an absolute killer back in defense. My question to you, looking at those outs, do AFL teams need defenders.
Speaker 3: Or can you can you just play without them?
Speaker 1: I think you need defenders Brandon.
Speaker 2: So they're they're in a bit of trouble. You know, they're in a bit of trouble. So I don't like their chances now how quickly that turns, because it looked like they were just on fire mere weeks ago and now they're still up there, They're still in there, they're still.
Speaker 1: In the eight. It was a big game over the weekend and to be up at three quarter time and then end up losing the one, they'll be regretting that. There's no doubt. Let's get into another one, the Q Clash, the Queensland Cup, Sons versus Lions once again, another upset, you would say, is it I've told you for the start. My boys, the signs they're coming back.
Speaker 3: They're making a late push for this.
Speaker 1: It's big props of the Suns for knocking off off Brisbane.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It shook up the top four, that's for sure. And I have no idea how the top four is going to finish. There is there's obviously a clear gap between the top four and the you know, the next four, but there's mini battles within those mini battles. It's it's absolutely it's so good to see this year that the you know, the ladder's in the shape that it is. A week ago, I was like, that's the eight and now this week it's like flipped on its head. I think the craziest thing out of this whole game was Ben King coming out and kicking five.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I didn't kick go on to mins I'm back.
Speaker 2: And to just go like, okay, I'm back. And it's not against you know, West Coast like Charlie Kurno. It's against Brisbane lines in the Q clash arguably the biggest game of the year or one of their two because they've come up against them already. But he looked phenomenal. He was just clunking big ones, got out the back a couple of times. Uh, it's good to see. I like seeing both King brothers up and about. Obviously Max not playing at the moment.
Speaker 1: I still wishing them playing on the same team. So what's his name? What's the thing? King of the Castle? King of the Castle?
Speaker 2: I was thinking like a you know, like a royal horn, like something that put the crown on.
Speaker 1: If you kick five, you get a special little shout out from us.
Speaker 3: Crazy that, like we've had one of those every week, like.
Speaker 1: Five yearsually once a week we just get like text Walker kicks five on a weekly basis. Man, we'll get into that game. We'll get into that game. But there is another big person that came up, Tuck Miller.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love this and I didn't know how Savage was Like, he's just like a running machine, got an engine for days. We know all of this stuff. But the he was having fun drowning Neil. He was like just taking him into heavy water and just he was struggling. You could see multiple times lucky Neil just kind of didn't want to go with him, couldn't go with him. There was I think my favorite moment of the whole game. Well there was probably two, but my favorite moment was late in the game, took took a mark in front of Neil, turn around, looked at him, smiled in his face, gave him like a little wink like I've got you, I've got you, turned and hit a forty five to a guy running through the middle of the ground.
Speaker 3: Who didn't break stride.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And then he kicked it to a guy that kicked the goal. And it was just like took a Savage.
Speaker 1: A year Savage man saying once he comes back, your boys the Gold Coast signs chance Maga finals.
Speaker 2: And I think that was his second most savage thing, and that was ice cold. But apparently apparently, apparently this is apparently, don't come at me. But he was making fun of Lucky News tattoo. Now I don't don't For those who haven't seen this tattoo just on.
Speaker 1: The Reddit forms, you've gone down and figured this out.
Speaker 3: Actually calling it out on radio, Oh.
Speaker 1: Wow, huge, And what tattoos are that.
Speaker 3: You can't blame it.
Speaker 2: Now, there's a disclaimer of this because there's a fair chance that it's symbolic in some way.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I almost hope that it is.
Speaker 2: Really but it's basically like two little like swallows dancing in the wind on his arm. He's got them on his byset and it's like this real thin line work shady.
Speaker 1: You have to be careful with these things because this could havem meaning. It could be real, mean, it could if you're making fun of someone for a tattoo that has a certain meaning to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred and if it does. If it does, going to I'll apologize along with Took.
Speaker 1: We'll get an apology together.
Speaker 2: You see me in on the email, happy to your co sign that but shocking tattoo. I'm gonna have to look this thing up because I got to do some digging, some research on it. But if you went into the tattoo parlor and just said, hey, mate, what do you got for me today? Pick it out off the board, that's the one I want.
Speaker 1: Who two does win the Best on Ground or the Marcus Ashcroft Metal So Congratsutu. He's absolutely killing it back in the game after his injury, and we love love seeing it. But we've got to bring this up. We've got to bring this up because can you smell what the mac is cooking? Like this, this dude Mac Age puts the w W SmackDown on Jared Berry.
Speaker 2: I was in it and I saw what was happening in the lead up and Jared Berry he's on top of Mac Andrew, full mount speck UFC, ground and pound style, like fucking bull right on top of him, and you know they've kind of fighted out. It goes forward whatever happens, and then it cuts back to him in the aftermath. So it's like it's always the retaliator that gets caught. Mac Andrew stands up and he's like, this.
Speaker 3: Isn't over.
Speaker 2: Slams Berry and it's like, hell, yeah, that's what you get. Don't start ship and then just expect to get away with it all.
Speaker 1: For it suspended.
Speaker 2: Good chip In on that one. I reckon send that around to the Gold Coast boys. Chip In, send me like a little PayPal coat and I'll give you a dollar because he's a bloody Berry boys. Back at it again, the old straw. Now he just went full victim mode. I think he might have copped a little poke in the eye. Now we all know what that's like. Training came out with little eyedrops.
Speaker 3: Mate.
Speaker 2: You can't turn full victim after being the bully. It's like the bully turned victim and it's like, mate, suck it up.
Speaker 3: Just so.
Speaker 1: I think the thing was they only bit of a scuffle, which we love a scuffle. I love a scuffle, and then I think it was like sorry, no, Mac kind of put him in a headlock into like a body slam, and it was just like the ball was nowhere near him, like there was no This was a pure like them too, just going at it like two bulls and obviously gets caught on camera. As all these things too. It was quite entertaining to say.
Speaker 3: And I think the.
Speaker 2: Best part that I like, I was sitting there going like one hundred percent. Do that you're up by a million points. You've earned the right to give away this free kick. Just give it to him. Just give it to Stephen King's writing novels and coaching the team in the any spare time. And he he would be stoked saying that I'd be like, you'd give him a pass.
Speaker 1: It's given the Q class a bit of biff.
Speaker 2: We love, They need a bit of biff, and it was. It was good to see and it was good to see the Sons win. Obviously Stuart Jew's over there in England playing with the the Australian cricket team, but it's also good to see the Sons get the w massages.
Speaker 1: It is and we'll move on to the next one, Essendon versus the Swans and this is a two point win for Sydney.
Speaker 2: And this was a cracking game. Unreal, you know what a small thing before we jump into it. I like the fifteen minute game difference because you can flick between the games, so you can flick us flicking between Essen and Sydney.
Speaker 3: And Adelaide Porte.
Speaker 2: So when it was caught a time the game, watch fifteen minutes, flick back and you can do that. Why marry them up so they start at the exact same time and you have to pick which game. It was so good if the Showdown was better because you could flick over at the end and watch the last fifteen minutes of the Showdown.
Speaker 3: But I don't know, they do weird to.
Speaker 1: Be this is in America. We have this like NFL Network has like a game play where you can put like two games like Red split Screen next to each other, right and you can watch them the two games at once.
Speaker 2: You can do that on KO. Okay, So I don't know. If KO wants to sponsor it, we'll tell them.
Speaker 3: All about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, huge sponsors of such a such an icy thing you can do on KO. But one of the big things obviously we talked to the beginning Buddy sub doubt calf injury and now is retired. Props to the big Man. An incredible career as we mentioned off the top, and going to love actually to see what he does post career. Just something else like I'm very excited for what the future holds for this man.
Speaker 2: It's actually interesting to be like I think Jordan Lewis was saying that he's a full footy nuffy like love's footy and wants to get into coaching. So that's imagine having that knowledge at your club, just being like, go here, stand there, take the like it would be great. It would be kind of hard for him to describe the players. Just do what I do, Like, just take seven bounces on the wing, kick it on your left on the fall through the goals, Like why would you just do that? But no, it would be invaluable. I've said invaluable twice. Is that an actual word? Because it's it's thereabout now. I want to talk about the Amari party Joela Marty, because I feel like they've got like replacements, ready made replacements. They got McDonald, they got Amari like ready to shine. I think he did well to kind of hold it up and teach these guys. Yeah, you know Ford Craft before he left, so I think they'll be fine, like leaving with our buddy. So but it was good to see. It was almost the handing over the baton in this game. Like, Joela Marty has been pretty good in Buddy's absence previously, like when Buddy has been missing, Joelamarty kind of steps up and yeah, he did it again in this game kicking four, So that was awesome to see.
Speaker 1: Also another person that stepped out for Sydney, Pappy, as always tends to bob up whenever the game's on the line, kicks a sixty meter bomb as the Swan's only goal in the fourth quarter and that's the one that gets him over the line to win this game. So perhaps shows up in the you know, in the time they need him as he always does, and seems to definitely hyped up about that. And then from Esston's side we had Langford kicked five. What's Langford.
Speaker 3: Ford?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because for f one fifty Lane Ford f one fifty kick five for the bomb and Peter Wright or two meter Peter kicks four.
Speaker 2: Nickname, I want to give you a nickname. I want to put this on the radar for two Peter. For two Peter. I know that he's got a nickname and it just so happens to be two. Well, I want to, in Aussie fashion, give a nickname based off his nickname to Mead e Pet to.
Speaker 3: Meadi p D like t O O A T y P E T E.
Speaker 1: Why do you consider him meaty is out of words too.
Speaker 3: Meaty pet, big boy to meaty Pet.
Speaker 1: I think of a big boy and I think of like Shane Mumford. That's a meaty human. Peter right, it's a big but Shane's like he's like like Sean Darcy, meaty human.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like to Meady Darcy.
Speaker 1: This is getting a bit sexual. Okay, well it's just weird, but we all say this. Bombers have unfortunately lost five of the last six, but there is some positive news for all the Bombers fans out there. They were playing West Coast and North next before they played g b Us in Collingwood, so they get too Yeah, they get essentially two of the bottom teams that are coming up to be able to get a bit of momentum and then go and play some of the some of the top eight teams. So you know they're not out of it. But it was a when that they probably are looking back on a you know, if we were able to just kick one more goal, we might be at a better position to be able to make finals. So it is what it is at the end of the day. But we'll move on to the next one, the big showdown, the Big Adelaide showdown, Port Adelaide versus Adelaide. And this one was interesting.
Speaker 3: Biggest news story of the weekend.
Speaker 2: Mace, we can't go past a leer earlier and Lucky Jones clashing heads and that was just the beginning of it because for all money, they both went kind of limp and it looked like an obvious case of concussion, and you know, the protocols take their effect, and you think you'd go from there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's been a lot of questions I've been raised over the last twenty four or forty eight hours about how it's been handled, which has been very interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, obviously touchy situations, and you can never question the doctors in these circumstances because we don't know the information. So out of that, I would just say one obvious statement, not a good look.
Speaker 3: Just not a good look.
Speaker 2: If you're you know, Ali Elia's family sitting at home, you'd be wondering why you boys out there still playing six minutes after he's just been limp on the ground for an extended period of time. Lucky Jones went through the scat test yeah, past yeah, got subbed out with a migraine signs of concussion. So you do the sign a concussion, take.
Speaker 1: Them out of the game.
Speaker 2: It is a signic concussion. But to say that it was just a migraine and it was separate a bit weird. And then Ali Eleia obviously went out six minutes later after they saw the vision and said nothing to say, it's very interesting. I wouldn't say much more about it. Outside of that, I would say there has been a few occasions where something similar has happened to this across the league. And then the doctors get thrown into this awkward situation where they're questioned when you know, the general public doesn't know the information, but they.
Speaker 3: Want to know the information.
Speaker 1: Make sure the players are right. If there's a.
Speaker 2: Reason behind it, fine, tell us the reason. We'll get around it. AFL issued to please explain to port Adelaide, And the latest update is that both Li Earlier and Luckie Jones will now be out with concussion protocols. So I don't know if that's you know, just the AFL going like, look on visuals alone, No, these boys aren't playing, And that's what I think the thing is Obviously, the AFL in years to come are going to be the ones that have to answer to these situations.
Speaker 1: Very cautious from here on.
Speaker 2: So I think that AFL should take it into their own hands these types of situations. Now, something that's very similar is in the NRL, where they'll see a head knock or a big tackle and they will review it off the field a governing body and go like, nah, take that bloke off. They'll stop the game and take that player off the field. Now, I think something similar in the AFL would be great.
Speaker 1: So you're saying, essentially an independent person from both the teams that as an AFL representative deciding whether or not the concussion pro con needs to be Yeah.
Speaker 2: Just to have a look at it, Just to have a look at it. And it takes any of these questions out of you know, the hands of Like you don't have the public going like, oh, what's the doctors doing, what are their mindsets, what are their thoughts, what are the processes? You got the awkward like Kenny Hinckley press conference afterwards where he's like, look, I don't know, but you know I was talking to earlier and he seemed fine after the game, like all of this stuff just creates more gray area and mystery and a cloud over the whole situation. We all want the player's best interests, Like we all want, you know, to see these players retire and go on and live happy, healthy lives after footage. So I think it's would just be you know, almost like the you know, the third umpire or whatever who's sitting up in you're sitting up in the hub. You have like an official up there going like nah, I didn't like the look at that. That was a head clash or that was a heavy bumb heavy tackle.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, like you gotta think like umpires would have a doctor or something along those lines. So to be able to have that person maybe as the AFL's independent decided around cancussion protocols for the day, might be an option. I don't know, but I do like the way NRAL does it. It's pretty interesting that they have someone that's separate to both teams that makes that official decision and takes it out of the hands of the club doctors, where you know, you can maybe try to you know, fluff a bit of a lie whenever you can cast some of that try to get back on the on the field. But if you're talking to an AFL representative, they're going to be extremely conservative around the whole thing where it's chances are more likely than not you're gonna get pulled off the field.
Speaker 2: Because they would definitely like on the other side, they would go like, rather you know, not risk it, rather not like take any chances or whatever. And like Ken Hinckley said after the game that you know, everyone is wanting the player's safety to be paramount and number one, and it's just these things are going to evolve over time.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's been incredible difference between ten years ago and now, and it's head in the right direction.
Speaker 3: One is do you remember I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's on every Big Hit compilation ever, Jordan Lewis going back with the flight through the middle and getting shit mixed to use the Jeremy House saying, and he ran back out on the field and played out the game. It's like things like that, it's like that would never happen. It's like Diesel Williams, one of the all time great AFL players, that can't remember playing in finals, can't remember his wedding day, can't remember you know, the birth of his children and stuff because of issues like this that he just played through because it was a different time, different era. So it's we're getting to where we need to get to, and it's just like things like this every time an issue arises and it's like, oh, I didn't like the look at that.
Speaker 3: What can we put in place to fix that?
Speaker 1: Issa prevent that from happening again. Well, another thing it did came out come out of this was tex Kick seven. He's still on his ship Texas out there, so what's Texas? Texas Walker Ranger Delu.
Speaker 3: He's nuts. He's nuts.
Speaker 2: And I love the Adelaide Fords because they just they can kick bombs and they just go dead straight.
Speaker 1: I had a chance to kick actually eight, and he gave one off for a.
Speaker 2: Big truck of a man. Like he's a you know, you wouldn't be like, he wouldn't be top scoring in the agility test, you wouldn't imagine.
Speaker 3: But he just kicks these like snaps and.
Speaker 2: Like interesting, he just yeah, exactly, he knows where they are.
Speaker 1: Him and Charlie cron six goals separate them too for the Coleman rece in the moment. So it's gonna be an interesting little run home for them too, and who knows he's gonna win in the end. But I want to do a little shout out. There's a man that debuted for Adelaide who used to play Collingwood, Mark Keene, the Irishman. What Irishman?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, terrible.
Speaker 1: He actually pluayed against Charlie Dixon. Actually did pretty well. So he did really well. Yeah, shout out to him. And a debut against one of the best forwards in the league. Pretty amazing. Yeah, Mark Keen to myself, we've had a few biffs over the years, right, he's a he's a bit of a player that gets under your skin.
Speaker 2: So he would play on you in like training and like intra clubs and things like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every once in a while we line up against each other and he'd give you a little what do you call it the when you brush someone up against the ears?
Speaker 3: Do you call you a punch in the head?
Speaker 1: Punch it the hat essentially? Yeah, you go for a marketing, it makes you coop you in the ears. Yeah, and ear mass sage, That's what I'm thinking of. Brandon Wild and he'd give you an ear massage every once in a while. And yeah, we had to be broken up a few times. You know, it's all on them, you know, it is what it is. It's all training, you get a bit hyped up whatnot. But he was a bit of a person that would just get into you. You know, one of those people.
Speaker 2: White like was he just chill off and then like white line fever a little bit.
Speaker 1: He did like curling though back in Ireland, so it's a bit of an aggressive sport.
Speaker 2: I think, you know how, like there's a fascination of like when people just cover AFL overseas and they watched like the highlights tapes and stuff. When I went to Ireland and I saw hurling for the first time, I was fascinated because all I saw was like Gaelic football was like you know, the number one and that's okay, Like that's fine. It's kind of just a shitter version of what we have. But the.
Speaker 1: But I kidding any Irish friends to that, But yeah, hurling is where it's at. That's why I know. I'm like, I really like bash people the stick. It's wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's just run around with big sticks and just club the shit out of each other. I reckon they're the tough people. Yeah, and they're the people that I want on my side. If I'm going to go to town with any Irish people, I've got the hurling people on my side because you can't even tackle from behind in Gaelic football.
Speaker 3: Come on, get some.
Speaker 2: I want to put this on the radar. Jason Horn Francis love him. He's a jet, he's ban of soccers. He's super quick. I didn't expect that, like I thought, you know, Nathan Buckley esque power, not speed, but he's quick and he does seem to get a lot of these like dropping at the knees, duck the head kind of high free kicks, which you do get when you're a ball winning ball kind of player. But I don't know in the moment watching the game, it's stuck in my head that it was like Jack Ginnovin started getting a lot of those early. And then as soon as it became a talking point because one of our friends came Corns brought it up on radio every single day, which he won't do with Jason Horn Francis, it became a talking point. And we all know as soon as something becomes a talking point, it becomes a focus. So when it becomes a focus, they start to clamp down. Now I'm predicting this will start to happen to Jason Horn.
Speaker 1: France crystal ball out there we go.
Speaker 2: So I feel like if it becomes a talking point, you know, he'll stop getting some of those free kicks, which will you know, cut four or five possessions off game. That's a big difference when you you know, you get that fifteen to twenty range. Yeah, but yeah, I just see it, see it.
Speaker 1: Time will tell all be waiting to see if you've predicted that.
Speaker 3: Predict you like a few predictions on this we have podcast I have.
Speaker 1: I mean, the Giants is a big one.
Speaker 2: Your hanging I say Giants and then you were like gold Coast So maybe it's.
Speaker 1: Just me Wow, is it all right? Well we'll get into the next game before you keep going on that way. Hawthorne Saint Kilda, this is an interesting one. Saint Kilda came out the block's hot. Oh they were hot, and then Hawthorne had a little bit of a spray from their head coach a quarter time. All Mitchell came out and said, boys, is not good enough. We need to pick this shit up, and they responded they came back and they had a bit of a run and it was eleven points of the difference at three quarter time, so you can say that it definitely worked. And yeah Saint Kila was able to hold on the end, but Hawthorne, as always and we keep saying this showed up, gave a value an effort. Unfortunately was not on the winning side of it, but people like Luke Bruce kicked six also boom. But yeah St Kilda's got a run home of Carlton Richmond Geelong in Brisbane, So Saint kill is gonna run tough four games coming up, that's for sure. So this one was a good win for them and they in a tough little patch coming up of games, so that was a big thing. Another big big news from that game Zach Jones, Cooper Sharman and Anthony Kim and Eddy will likely be missing next week with injuries.
Speaker 3: So they can't get a run with these injuries.
Speaker 1: Jeez, it's it's gonna be tough. Well, I think Anthony ended up getting i think a suspension for hitting Cecily, so that's gonna be a game for him.
Speaker 3: I mean, who.
Speaker 2: Doesn't want to have a crack at Cecily. It seems like everyone wants to like cly I like it, but it's like he seems to be fighting with someone every week.
Speaker 1: He's just the defender everyone you know wants to beat.
Speaker 3: Play it on you or is he just go to the best Ford.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he probably goes to Best for it. Probably Jamie Elliott. It's probably he goes to. Yeah, he's got speed, he's a quick follow. But it was a big win for Saint Kilda. I think they need that one of the books to continue their top eight spot run, and they needed to make sure they got that w over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Any team would struggle against those four in the in the run half.
Speaker 1: No doubt. Now the next one we'll go into is Richmond versus Melbourne. Now they were down. Melbourne was down twenty on two occasions after halftime, So Richmond was looking at a bit of an upset here thinking, oh boy, we might be all liking the top eight spot up in here. Maybe Nah, I don't know. I don't know where are they at at the moment.
Speaker 3: They they are, They're just out there.
Speaker 2: They're like a game outside, which is like crazy if they had to clinch this, you know, shakes things up, shakes it up again even more, especially with Melbourne's position in the top four. But you know, very unlikely savior who we got, We got Harry Petty. Now he kicked six six defender turned forward, which I don't know if you want to you know some of these you don't. When it happens for the first time, a team has to panic and try to figure it out on the run. Now, next week, if they try to pull the same string, is they're going to get the same result time will tell I was thinking Tom Petty.
Speaker 3: For his He's kicked six, so he's got his spots. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now my one was because I'm free.
Speaker 3: What do you reckon?
Speaker 1: Oh? Well everything? So you give That's the one I've got.
Speaker 3: That's all I've got.
Speaker 4: Your word instead, crowd got well back down, That's the one.
Speaker 1: That's it. I know a whole six words of that song.
Speaker 3: Everyone Harrison Petty, Harrison Petty six, then ruy.
Speaker 1: Insane another one that sounds like boo that's.
Speaker 2: Where they go even though it's roy but and then your boy pick a kick two to really, you know, put it away.
Speaker 1: Also malium is it's a handy goal kicker.
Speaker 2: He you know, he he just and he likes kicking him from the corner A couple of couple from the corner, and he's just a very handy player. Having your team now, MAXI Gorne turns it on as he always does.
Speaker 3: I reckon he's number one again, number one rock in.
Speaker 1: The who else he sean Darcy be up there if he's plan Tim English As the statistics.
Speaker 3: You can tell me more about it. But how important is the get out kick?
Speaker 2: Because I feel like the bailout kick and have Max gone up the line. He out marks a pack more often than not.
Speaker 1: It's a hundred meter difference in the game. Yeah, I think he takes out mark that's fifty meters. Then he kicks it along that's another fifty meters, so one hundred meters difference essentially going from the golf square to ford fifty.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. I don't like.
Speaker 2: I don't know how he does it because he doesn't really there's no run and jump about it or leap or anything. He just stands there and jumps straight up and just plucks it.
Speaker 1: He reads the ball really well when he's he just knows he's got that sense of wind to launch really well, and he can work you under he does different things. He's an a one stop shop cund of player, so he's definitely one of those you have to look out to, and you can't just let him go to Roaman on his own because he's he's got a really good tank on him. He won't realize it, but he can run really well and cover the ground really well, and he puts himself in a prime position early and is able to get to a contest early to be able to mock the ball.
Speaker 2: And it's actually crazy that he has such a tank, given that everyone knows that he used to just punch darts.
Speaker 1: He does anymore.
Speaker 3: That's just the best, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine just like swinging into calls picking up a pack on the way to training.
Speaker 3: It's a different.
Speaker 1: Time world nowadays. This is a different world nowadays. But Dusty kick three also and Melbourne finished off the game with kicking the last six goals, so they came home strong and got the win over Richmond in an important game for them in the top four of standings.
Speaker 2: I think the last couple of weeks has really changed up this whole two horse race thing that you wouldn't have been really buying into because you're one of the two horses, mate. But you know, I feel like no one in the top eight would be scared of another team in the top eight.
Speaker 3: You know what won't get beaten.
Speaker 2: They've won thirteen in a row and then they come out and they lose the next two and you're like, wow, Okay, they can be beaten. Same with Collingwood, same with well maybe not the Giants, but time will tell.
Speaker 1: Mase Tal We'll go into the last game before the Collingwood game, this one out in the West. It was a big one. We were looking forward to the West Coast Eagles playing at North Melbourne at Optus Oval, and West Coast gets the W gets the WS sixteen game. Drought is over. Brandon. They win in the West in front of thirty eight thousand fans. Shout out to the fans that came. That is absolute fandom through thick and thin.
Speaker 2: Now I reckon most of those would probably been North fans, but maybe a few West Coast fans showed up. Now I was going into this one, my expectations were, you know, if West Coast lose the North at home, yeah, bad, terrible for West Coast. They're way behind they're going to take years to kind of dig themselves out of this thing. If North go over there and get pumped by West Coast bad So this was probably the best kind of case result, close game between these two and you know, West Coast gets to win at home, which you probably expect in the end. But it didn't look good early thirty eight to seven before North really got in the car and turned the key on and started revenue thing up, because it didn't look like much was going to happen there for a bit, and then it turned into a bit of a bun. They're going to have to call the fire brigade.
Speaker 1: They're both on twenty Premiership points at the moment. Like I said, North as the leading percentage though, and North did come back after thirty two points down at three quarter times to almost win, which is an effort we was talking about weekend week out, talked about with Hawthorne, these teams that you know are quote unquote building as they say, yeah, it's a big game for North, like this is the last time they'll have their coach since a Clocko is coming back on Monday.
Speaker 3: So I thought something terrible at.
Speaker 1: The interim coach obviously, and he's taken over, he's had I think it was like ten losses in a row unfortunately, but this is just facts. Bradon. I'm a big fan of them. But yeah, and Clarko comes back on Monday, so that would be a big, interesting, little I guess change at the club to have to have him back at the Helm.
Speaker 3: Interesting to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if they get another little sugar hit to be like, oh we got clark go back last a couple of rounds, see how we go last time?
Speaker 1: Remember Clarko with North Melbourne. He was jumping up and down on the sideline. Yeah, he was at the very beginning of the season.
Speaker 3: He was very pumped.
Speaker 2: Now, hopefully West Coast, you know, as they wrap up this season can show just a bit of something to entice these players to stay that I want to see. You know, Tom barrass there's been a bit of talk about him maybe departing the club at the end of the year. I don't think they could afford to lose a key defender when you got you figure they've got a few of these older boys, you know, wrapping up their careers and Oscar Allen I would be selling the farm to keep that guy.
Speaker 3: He's kicking bags when they're both sides of the ground and they're down the bottom.
Speaker 1: He's played every position this year for that club.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, you'd have to throw the farm at him because he's all you got at this point in time.
Speaker 1: There's other good players there, but he's he's definitely being the standout at the moment. And he's a hell of a player that's really blossomed since Kennedy's retired. So it's it's been great seeing him killing over there.
Speaker 2: If you had to say a couple of cliches, what do you want? What do you want from the boys? Four quarter effort?
Speaker 1: Just four quarter? Just run it out from West Coast. Yeah, just take it, take it minute by minute. Four quarter effort boys. And you know, if we stick to our game plan, we stick to our structure, everyone plays their role, we'll get the win.
Speaker 3: Let's win the quarterboys win the quarter.
Speaker 1: Win the quarter. That's it. We'll get into the last one. Obviously, the Friday night clash between the arch rivals Collingwood and Carlton, and Corno kicks six. He kicks six, and he's leading the Coleman still still still up there and going really well. And I think people are question marks over him whenever he if you could kick that many goals again, you know, because obviously he's playing West Coast and had I think ten, I think once, and kick nine again and over the weekend you kick six.
Speaker 3: So shut down the haters.
Speaker 1: Just down the haters to a degree.
Speaker 2: Like it's still true that you kicked nineteen against West Coast, but to kick six against Collingwood massive, And yeah, I looked at this is you kind of you want to play to your strengths, right, which are your strength scoring from the back line, so you don't want to really there's always a balance. It would seem that it's like do we hard shut down one of these key forwards or do we let our guys you know, run off and kind of make players from the back line. And I feel like sometimes it can result in players like Kerno kicking six because you know, you want to play to your strengths. And I feel like that's a very you know, positive mindset for footy. So I feel like something like this can happen every now and then. And it's you know, the player the caliber of Kerner, who's been on fire since Harry went out and there's just a dynamic there. And he got asked after the game, what do you think of the whole situation? But it'll be interesting to see how that plays out as they move forward. Eighty six thousand, you knocked over that million mark and you're just you're storming on. I think you had You've got like three of the four biggest games this year or something, So it's true they just keep showing up. Now let's get into the game. But I don't want it to be somber, because I feel like we can take some stuff out of this. I had so many Collingwood fans in my mensions just burning it.
Speaker 1: Then I stayed off the Socials for the weekend, bro, and I actually ducked out here. I want to sit hey over the weekend Sydney.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I booked a flight at twelve thirty on Friday night.
Speaker 3: I saw it.
Speaker 1: Right after that guy approached your table. After the table, I go, I think it's about fucking time for me to get out of here.
Speaker 2: I need to be exactly one stayed away from this man.
Speaker 3: It's like for both of our sakes.
Speaker 2: Now, one thing that came out of the game a bit of a swing swing man we talk about Harry Petty free falling.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Jeremy How, I don't know if you heard of him, but he used to be a Ford for Melbourne, came in and now he's playing Ford for Colling would kick three in a quarter from everywhere. He just looked in a team that was just riddled with inaccuracies. On the night, Jeremy How just went up Ford and dead eyed Dick, one of our brothers. He just went forward and snagged three.
Speaker 3: Good to see.
Speaker 1: Snag three all on the fourth quarter. And then we had a big one Jammy Elliott that hangar he took good Lord Undersold And you know of the Year No, no, And I'll tell you why because when they butcher the commentary, it never gets much we s about it. We had goal of the Year. It just looked like they didn't even know he was kicking a goal. On the commentary.
Speaker 3: It was like Bruce as well and He's like, this could be a goal. It is a goal. Wow. But this was worse.
Speaker 2: This was They're like, oh, Markov what because he's got the same colored boots as Markov?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, what why is Markov's streaming outside.
Speaker 1: Watching people's But you know it was a good mark.
Speaker 2: It was a great mark, very reminiscent of a few of his marks. I think he took one over at like Port Adelaide. I think he might have took one against the Gold Coast, very similar van. He gets right up and then he.
Speaker 1: Gets a little pop off the shoulders just to.
Speaker 2: Jump up there now unfortunately, and I put him in it here. He was very anaccurate on the night, which he's been clutched for the last three four weeks, and he wasn't the only one. It was probably definitely the biggest difference in the game. I feel like you were winning like a lot of key stats and just couldn't get it done on the board, which is hasn't been your problem. Oh yeah, it's kind of been what's been saving you in a few occasions where you'll just be like insanely accurate. And it even came out last quarter where it's like, oh, they're on again, but instead of kicking the first two goals, you kicked the first two points and it was kind of, you know, a bit of a wash from there. But there was a moment from you before you got subbed out, which you were talking about where you check the back of someone's jumper just to figure out who they were.
Speaker 1: Was that what was going on?
Speaker 2: Or you just with that GPS was like, mate, your GPS is let me fix that up for let's jump into this sub because you were subbed out of the game now on the surface to kind of look like, you know, it happened when everything moved around, So how went forward from defense?
Speaker 3: A bit of speed off the back line.
Speaker 2: I guess it was, you know, fly kind of moving the magnets and you were kind of the casualty of that. It showed you on the bench you looked maybe a little myth. I won't put any words in your mouth, but how are you feeling on it?
Speaker 1: That was? I mean, like, obviously not the best game I've ever had in my life. These things do happen, Brandon. I wish I'd played, you know, the best game every single game, but these things do happen. And yeah, I was I was subbed under the understanding probably obviously not playing the best game having the biggest impact. So they wanted to move a few things around. And you know, as a player you always want to Yeah, you want to back yourself in, like you want to be out there trying to help the team win. So obviously it's not the greatest news whenever someone says you're subbed. So I had a bit of a walk down the sideline just to you know, it was far but yeah, and then went to the back and then sat there and yeah, I just you know, watch the rest of the game. So yeah, it was. It wasn't the greatest day of my life. I will say that, but like I said, you know, these things happen, and you're not always going to be playing your best footy every single game, and you just got to go back into the into the lab, as they say, and just keep training, get better, I think is the way to put it. But yeah, it's a frustrating night, so at least, and I think it was probably from what everyone keeps it was very well shown on my face.
Speaker 2: And that's what I don't want to get into it, like it's a funeral, Like you were subbed out of the game.
Speaker 3: It's not that crazy to happen.
Speaker 2: Someone's got to get subbed out every single week and it just so happened to be you this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I said, these things happen. Bigger adversity the season, my life believed me. I've been through plenty of back but it always good. I think after the game, like obviously a bit frustrated, but I think whenever you're in these these moments in life where you maybe not not having the best day or whoever, it is, like after the game, had four amazing friends and we just sat down, had dinner together and it was just brought me back to reality of just like the important things in life and you know, life does go on. And it was fortunate enough, like I said, to just get out of town for a little bit, spent some time Sydney, refresh and kind of reseat and be able to look forward to this week. So yeah, it's yeah, like I said, these things, it's all part of the journey, you know, to look at probably the overall thing rather than just the time being, and you know, just look forward to the opportunity.
Speaker 2: And I think it was a bit of you know, doom and gloom from everything. When you lose to Carton, it's not just a loss, it's a loss to the art rival. So yeah, I think everyone needs to take a breath and calm down because they're calling.
Speaker 3: For heads everywhere.
Speaker 2: If they took every head, that was suggested on Twitter over the weekend, you'd be running out there with fly and like maybe a couple of coaches and a couple of VFL players, and you know, see how it goes. But it's not that bad. You have one loss, You've had a number of wins this season. You're still sitting on top of the ladder. So we reset and we go again, and it's against Hawthorne next week.
Speaker 3: Now that'll be.
Speaker 2: A hum dinger seeing what they did on the weekend coming of the loss to Saint Kilda, but hopefully, you know, get the dub, get the train back on the tracks and cruise back into finals.
Speaker 1: Mass I said, well, we won't end on a depressing note. We will end on a positive note. Braidon and we're going to start a little new segment here at the most Cockshower going to do a bit of what we're looking forward to. I think it's a bit of positivity, and the podcast is always that prime, so we're going to ask you exactly what you're looking forward to this week and what people should be enjoying.
Speaker 3: I like this a bit of positivity.
Speaker 2: Well, I am looking forward to getting out of this jumper now because I just spilled my drink.
Speaker 1: You're all over yourself. Monday night weekends.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, we don't get weekends. The weeks don't end, mate, so I just roll one into another. Now, That's part of what my looking forward to is. I'm actually working on quite a big project at the moment, which I'm kind of keeping on the on the d L. But I've been my Actually, as I say this, my eyelids are twitching because I'm running on.
Speaker 3: About four hours a night.
Speaker 2: Plaster hand which is yeah, it kind of looks weird blue plaster, you know.
Speaker 1: Is this one of those things like the merch We're going to tease on it for about three months. Yeah, by the way, merchanes out. Everyone check it out. I actually saw someone someone sent me a phone the other day, older lady filling up her petrol tank with our shirt on, and I was just like, and she said she went up to him and was like she was so excited, just a happy, lovely lady. I'm sure she might be listening now, and I just want to say a massive shout out. You're an absolute legend, and I hope you've filled that thing up and had a fantastic day.
Speaker 3: Oh it's a bit we've been having.
Speaker 2: There's been like watch parties and stuff, but like people are all like fully decked out in our merchant.
Speaker 1: No seriously amazing, amazing community building for it. I'm looking forward to the Women's World Cup. Australia's playing actually missed. Now by the time this actually comes out, Australia will either have one or a loss against Canada.
Speaker 2: Give us some both reactions. Australia one mace no Canada.
Speaker 3: Canada will be this mace fucking.
Speaker 1: Canada, Canada, and they'll play, shake our hand, be so nice and buy sweets after.
Speaker 3: Big win, a big win.
Speaker 1: But now I'm looking forward to that and hopefully Sam Kirk gets to get to play and makes an impact. But we won't know. Once this comes out, everyone will obviously know, but which would be exciting. So we're predicting the future. Yeah, but that is what we're looking forward to. And we're also looking forward to next week whenever we have another wrap up. But that is it for this episode. Everyone, Thank you so much for listening in luck we said before the merch is out. Thank you so much to the community for you know, pitching in and just being you know, absolute legends.
Speaker 3: And SNAr around us.
Speaker 2: I want to see if anyone's got the new Gray hoodie, because yes, that was a special request.
Speaker 3: I was like, I got to get one of these.
Speaker 2: Great. I'm actually wearing a non merch great now but like the same, but I gotta get one.
Speaker 1: Well, there's the Gray hoodies coming out, and there's actually some more stuff that's in the end oh podline popeline, so look out for it. But yeah, you can check it all out. It's on the socials, under the bar and everything else. But massive, massive, thank you for listening, for being a part of this, for telling your friends and everything else. It's absolute love from us to you and we do see it and we do appreciate it. So thank you, thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Give us a rating. I would love to get to a thousand ratings on Spotify and.
Speaker 1: Give us a five star rating. You forgot the details of it, like.
Speaker 2: If you want no gun to head, just whatever you feel like.
Speaker 1: Lots birds. That's braids asked for the weekend, everyone, but thanks so much for tuning in. We will talk to you next week after a big weekend of footy ahead of us. Until then, have an amazing week and we'll speak to you soon. Yeah yeah