Speaker 1: Christian Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: There's always that movie that you first remember crying it. It stays with you forever, and sometimes you've been carrying on your day, you might hear the song on the radio, or someone on the radio will be talking about there, and you're like, oh my god, it takes you back there to that moment when you were five, six, seven, eight. It's that sort of time of your life and you first see this movie. When you look back now, some of the movies that our parents will just let us watch, right, they're actually quite dark at times and just relentlessly sad. So when I was eight, one of the first movies I ever went to see in a cinema was The Fox and the Hound. Do you remember this patch, Yes, it's a beautiful story, Disney do it better than anybody else, But what a dark old I mean. I haven't even ever played my kids this movie. I don't think they thank me for it anyway. It's about a young orphaned puppy fox okay called Todd and he becomes best friends with a dog called Copper. And the tagline for this movie is two friends that didn't know they were enemies.
Speaker 3: They start off playing with each other. They're best buddies, having so much fun.
Speaker 2: Remember having the best mate, even if you were a dog and he was a fox.
Speaker 4: You're the best of friends.
Speaker 3: Best of friends, Laser.
Speaker 2: Then as they grow up, suddenly that a dog has been trained by this horrible, old, angry farmer. You know you instantly hate people forever, Amos, you sucker, Amos.
Speaker 3: Why do you make him be such an aggressive attack dog? They were the best of friends.
Speaker 1: The fun together.
Speaker 2: The bit that really made me cry though, isn't what happens to them as they grow older and sadly grow apart. But then there's this beautiful coming together at the end. I don't know if you remember it, Patty, but it's the bit where when this fox is orphaned, right and owl, it's Disney. Let's just go with it, right, an old sort of nanny old come here. It takes this can't remember the name of the alb but this old granny how takes it to this widow called Roe. She's a granny widow or buy on but a bielone she then it sheer raised this little puppy, this puppy fox. And then suddenly, right, she's not saved for the little fox told to be there anymore. So she puts him in this old gelopy of a car. She tries him antler forest, I'm only eight years away, I think, I then going for that's your friend, And then old Granny Rose kicks him out of the car and starts singing some heartbreaking song to him. I've not been forty, I'm forty eight, forty years late. I'm still struggling for this could buy me? Just listen to this flipping just a jelopy.
Speaker 3: You'll hear the old chugger bug car. And she had poor old Fox.
Speaker 2: He don't know where he's gone. Young Toddy's an orphan and he was going to look after him in that old forest. Granny Rose, she does this cap bye old friend, some miserable old song, and then someone.
Speaker 3: Comes out of nowhere with a harmonica.
Speaker 5: To this day, if I hear a busker on harmonica, it is triggering.
Speaker 4: Could buy me.
Speaker 1: Seem forever stare will He's like begin in my eye and away.
Speaker 2: He kicks him out of the car in a minute, and he's not looking around like you come with me.
Speaker 3: You go for which he turns around as a new turn and thug us on and then he's just left there alone with this.
Speaker 2: Harmonica in the background, and she's drived away looking at him, crying in the rearview mirror.
Speaker 3: This song kicks in Lazy, She's looking at the review. He's crying. She's like, seeing this song, is it dismisserable?
Speaker 4: This is so said, so the sentiment of Jack, we shouldn't have to say goodbye. But she's the one kicking.
Speaker 2: Him out, yes, And then he has her going through the forest and that's when he meets his mate. And anyway, it's a great movie. Two friends that didn't know they were enemies. Damn you, Disney, you do.
Speaker 3: It so well. All right, it's got to Kate here, come on and Kate.
Speaker 6: Hey, Christian my the song that the song that as I always think that too. With Watership Down, straight.
Speaker 3: Away, it's like a knife to the heart, isn't it again? Why what were our parents thinking of? It's worse than if they sat some nightmare on Elm Street.
Speaker 2: The damage done to traumatizing kids with Watership Down.
Speaker 6: It was devastating, it really was. And every time I hear that song, and in fact that the Fox and the hond that you were just playing. I was getting a really sten to that.
Speaker 1: I've forgotten about that one. S.
Speaker 3: Let's go back to Watership Down. Now you've never seen it, Jack.
Speaker 4: I've pulled up the synopsters for it. I would never watch this. This animated feature delve into the surprisingly violent world of a warren of rabbits.
Speaker 3: Yes, straight away there who says let's make that for kids? Surprisingly? Why is it why these movies surprised us? Didn't they kate? There was no warning?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 6: I think I was five, I possibly was even younger when I saw it, so I don't.
Speaker 2: Know what.
Speaker 4: Just Toddler this bit is enough to say that it's not for kids. They come across a warren called Afraffra, three miles from Watership Down. The warren is run by a Hitler image tyrant who kills it.
Speaker 3: All the way.
Speaker 2: It's a Venn diagram of what kids love, surprising, violence and Hitler put together.
Speaker 3: I'm going to drop off my five year old there and go to the puble they watch it.
Speaker 6: What the funny sleeping through kid? Yeah?
Speaker 4: No thanks.
Speaker 2: I'm prepared to offer you fifty dollars for you to watch it. I'm only giving you the money if you watch.
Speaker 3: The whole movie. You should have like we had to. I'll give you fifty dollars, all right, I give you fifty dollars in cash.
Speaker 2: All right, if you want, you've got to watch all of it and your quiz it tomorrow. And they well question about the last scene? Will you watch all of It's an hour and a half.
Speaker 4: I'm going to force my wife to watch it.
Speaker 2: Come on, take the watership down challenge.
Speaker 3: That's all we need in lockdown is more of this, more tears. Okay, We're going to send you one of our lidless stegns. Is that good? At a moment on the calls, oh wonderful, Thank you, all right, take thank you very much. All right, Tim Christian.
Speaker 2: Everybody, Tim I've just seen on the call system here two words about this movie.
Speaker 3: I just I'm going to I'm stood up at the moment. I need to take a seat.
Speaker 2: I may even need to take a knee because this is going to be painful for me to go back into trauma.
Speaker 4: I say the same two words, and I think you've called up for the wrong segment, But go on, Tim.
Speaker 3: Very dead. I'm listening, Timothy, I'm listening, Timothy.
Speaker 4: Take this there it's gonna be my when Goose Door is in top Gum.
Speaker 2: And then he's like ghost and then he's holding his dead best mates cradling his body in the sea.
Speaker 3: Wait until he picked up by the big bird, you.
Speaker 6: Know, and tell the missus mind oh god, yeah on.
Speaker 3: That piano and yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know when I think of Great Tear Jake, because I don't think of top Gun. You've got to watch it. You're gonna watch it, mate, It's shaddering. I'm sad to say I watched it last year. It's the same thing Christian begged me to watch it. I thought it was a cheesy parlor crack.
Speaker 3: Me leave radio.
Speaker 5: I'm going to drag you out, Granny roasted top drip of the show and drop me off. And the danding on woods or forest massive in Rangers. You can fend for yourself. Jack, Tim is the I'm gonna put him up and report for this. Tim the last of this.
Speaker 3: It's heartbreaking. What's his best mate? You know? And there was that they were so good together in that jet as well.
Speaker 4: Exactly mate, exactly all the other pilots loved mate.
Speaker 3: It was the pilot's pilot.
Speaker 2: He was a minute signed at nine o'clock today, Ralph, and go.
Speaker 3: There with you Christians that's old. Meet at nine everybody.
Speaker 2: We're going to send you a little less stein for that you can hold your tears as though we all have a little tear at nine today for Goose.
Speaker 3: All right, you as we forget, thanks to
Speaker 4: Him that Jack christ You O'Connell show podcast