Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 2: It's a Christian Condall Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Two bits of light bread and scoops of myla squished together.
Speaker 4: The renewal slice is a try hard bakery.
Speaker 2: Item one.
Speaker 5: How did this lick? Did you come?
Speaker 2: A Christian No Connall show on Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 5: Three things said? Weren't they on yesterday?
Speaker 6: Showing us listen to that sort of five second clip from him. Hey come on Thursday morning, six minutes past six.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the show. How you are? Thank you very much for chunning. Good morning, Jackie Boy, Morning guys, come on in Pats Morning Boys yesterday and nightmare realization.
Speaker 6: As I got home, I saw that the night before Tuesday night has been night for me, and every Tuesday it's always a two night bin situation, the normal household one and then obviously on alternating weeks, either the recycling or it's not that this kind of garden crap, which for us it is mainly dog pood. This week, I'd put the wrong bin out, which means the recycling did not get picked up. I didn't put the recycling bins out, which means they're crammed already.
Speaker 5: We've got two of them.
Speaker 6: There's two more weeks now they're full up as it is. I don't know how we're going to get through two more weeks.
Speaker 4: Why are they so snobby with the recycling bin in Bayside? Because we get a recycling goes out every week for hour.
Speaker 6: Then I'll tell you what I'll be bringing in tomorrow your recycling. Like you're helping a guy out bringing in two large black sacks and I chucked them in the TESTA wow, wow, we.
Speaker 4: You can drive them down to the recycling center yourself.
Speaker 5: Why can't I drive them to you? You've gotch.
Speaker 6: Literally take them from the test They put them straight into your nice Cavanou's bin. No, do you know I've got to do this weekend? Go to my local tip. You know, straight away you think, well, that's just ruined the weekend. As soon as I saw that, I was like, that's the weekend ruin. It probably only take me about forty five minutes, but just the thought of an ideal weekend is doing as little as possible.
Speaker 4: As Actually don't mind going to the tip. I sort of get excited for a fine treasures down there.
Speaker 3: You can't sort through anymore though. It's so sterile there finding treasures.
Speaker 5: What have you found down there? What treasures are down there?
Speaker 6: There's just those people they always have a little look around the back of you can't don't they the people that work there, they're just looking for sort of stuff they can have a way or they go, what's that got in there?
Speaker 5: Is it true? You're not meant to shift anymore?
Speaker 6: Because I've s got all those those big trucks not reversing around.
Speaker 5: I found a ball? What, oh my god?
Speaker 4: Like a soccer ball, but not a traditional soccer ball.
Speaker 5: Just like lucky to have got this treasure. Why aren't you on the news on antiques road show? Where did you find it? Is it?
Speaker 6: Has it been in the family long? I found it down the tip A ball.
Speaker 5: I admit that that's a low bud from the tip. What's it cost you? That it came up two dollars? But that that's something you can find on a normal, normal ancient blunder.
Speaker 6: It's a ball, It's a ball anyway, Pats, how are you Percy? What did you get up to yesterday?
Speaker 3: What we got a bonus to last night? Jack and Christian we were we had a thing on at school. So it was a really scrappy dinner. I thought, well, just order pizza. We ordered a Domino's pizza, and you can.
Speaker 6: Pay Dominoes when you're in a rush down a loaded pepperoni on one of those little kids driving that mope.
Speaker 3: You can pay it an extra three bucks to get it within I think like twenty minutes, and I thought.
Speaker 5: We're charging you extra for that now. I just thought that hopefully you'll get there in twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: Anyway, it came in like twenty three minutes, and I thought, that's all right.
Speaker 6: I just read time with a stopwatch out there.
Speaker 5: It shot the same pitch. You need to go around again, quicker shave three minutes off that.
Speaker 3: You should see the app. They've got like a countdown. You can even see them cook your pizza.
Speaker 5: It's crazy. It goes. We're just adding the toppings. It's on its way too. I love seeing that you see them cooking it.
Speaker 3: They have a camera in the ovens and you can see your actual pizza go through.
Speaker 5: Patsy, is it yours? I recognize it's just generic for Tuesday film once. I'm not going to go hang on a minute.
Speaker 6: That's not pepperoni. Hey, shouting through the microphone, going take that Bineapple off there, I said, now extras, all you see it is footage of a pizza.
Speaker 3: Anyway, it's amazing. And I got an email later in the night to say sorry, we didn't get there in time. He's a free pizza on us. I thought, bonus, tonight's dinner.
Speaker 6: I know he's saying every day email and I already my pizza and it was ten hours late.
Speaker 5: That's ten pizzas you owe me.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Just mention earlier because I put the wrong bin out this week, which means this weekend I've got to take the recycling myself. God damn it, all of a seven minute trip that is going to be this weekend.
Speaker 5: Weekend's over.
Speaker 6: I take the recycle myself to my local tip. They are tips to me, right the prime time to enjoy a tip. As a kid, my sort of big bonding thing was my dad was once a month we go to local tip. And yeah, we were just going because you could just hang out out there, and they weren't like they are now where everything's in separate sort of hoppers, and recycling wasn't a thing in the eighties, so it was all just right.
Speaker 5: So he likes like TVs.
Speaker 4: That's how I remember as a kid as just mountains separate, the metals separate this and that. It's just like everything in a big mountain and you're allowed to go.
Speaker 6: No one knew, you know, the damage you're doing, like they were just like burning tires and stuff like that. Even David app into it a back the end of the day, no one need any different was now it's all it's all separated. You've got to go completely different bit to the recycling. Can't just wander around. And Jack said that obviously it's an exciting thing to go these days. The tip you can get trash is not the time he found a ball, but you're in this story.
Speaker 5: But this last year.
Speaker 4: The other thing that I tried to get, but Banker said no. I called her from the tip and said, someone's got rid of rolls and rolls of turf and it's just like grass that's rolled up.
Speaker 5: The guy from the castle. Now we might need it one day because I know it's.
Speaker 4: Expensive transport, Like should we bring this home, keep it wet like they do with free Willie.
Speaker 5: When we need it, we can roll it, store it to somewhere in the backyards.
Speaker 6: That's why she said, no, Rio was just telling us what did you don't bring home from the tip?
Speaker 7: Dad brought home an eel, like a lone one, like a live eel.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I was just sitting in the car and he came back with a white bucket and look what I found And it was like a fully grown.
Speaker 5: She is brought now.
Speaker 6: Rio is from Sydney. The tips there are very different. They've got like lobsters. People are lobsters eels?
Speaker 5: Really, where did you keep the eel? And the toilet?
Speaker 7: So we had a fish pond like a big fish pond. We got co you got co in the no, not fancy enough for coy. But the eel like obviously just ate all the fish like a Later were like, oh, there's no fish because the eel ate all the fish.
Speaker 5: And did he find it in the tub or was it just swimming through the trash. I'm not sure.
Speaker 6: I've just been swimming through the trash, not feral animals like that.
Speaker 5: Patching your old man, never bring anything back to you.
Speaker 6: I remember my dad when I once brought back, come if there was a very nice wicker chair there, which my mom still has. My mom's obsessed with wicker, right, she's just she could turn that house and build.
Speaker 5: It out of wicker. Wicker.
Speaker 6: Mom, she actually no, we were her sister's funeral years ago, and you know her Mum's get on more.
Speaker 5: But she goes, you know you need to know what plans you know I want to happen.
Speaker 6: I said, Mom, there's nothing wrong with you, okay, just just we're at a funeral. It's not something you can catch. You're okay, and I've got feeling you will outlive all of us. But anyway, she goes, bury me in a wicker coffin a which it's not a thing.
Speaker 3: No, you can get them, yes.
Speaker 6: To get her mother's day you mentioned it.
Speaker 5: I pay attention this. I got your wicked coffee. It looks like a giant picture basket. No, anytime you feel it, well go and lie down in it.
Speaker 6: Just make it easy, veryone. Just go have a big old nap in there.
Speaker 5: Where'd you get a wicked coffin from?
Speaker 3: You know I have seen them before. Now we're all environmentally aware and everything.
Speaker 5: You can get all the way, she said, everything and.
Speaker 3: All that, But you can get wicker basket coffins. You can get all sorts.
Speaker 6: Hang on, it can't be a basket. I can't curl my mama. Can I just point out my mum is alive. I'm speculating about a death that is hopefully a long while off. Not fit my mum in a basket?
Speaker 4: And Patter and Chris, why are you looking for eco friendly coffins as well?
Speaker 6: She's a member of the mob out I said they do it now it's eco friendly hit Christian.
Speaker 2: Hello, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Time now for your emails. Are late to the parties late.
Speaker 6: With all the amazing stories, didn't know we're going to get into talking about the great tips. This morning Jack told the incredible story of just chuning in about discovering a ball that is local tip that'll be available podcasts if you missed it. Probably today's highlight the Hunky be playing Antony and email Gavernman tan to Two recount that as well.
Speaker 5: That story, So yeah, you found a ball.
Speaker 6: Rio's dad Factor bought home an ill as in an actual aquatic ill in a bucket from the local tip. What did your dad or mum bring home from the tip? In an ideal world we get calls, Yes, I want to know what people brought back and of course my dad brought back a wicker chair from the tip that my mum still has. I've just googled you quite wrap, Patsy, these wicker looking coffins. I didn't know they're available, So we're I'm going to get one for my mom for Mother's Day, all right, So what have you brought home from the tip? Nine four one O four three. Meanwhile, some emails that have come into the show from you guys. Christian catching up with yesterday's show Wednesday. Unfortunately, I am seeing red. I always thought the end.
Speaker 5: Of the world would be a war, a technological blackout, or virus, but no, it appears to be Jack's generation, the millennials.
Speaker 6: What a show from him yesterday three? He makes three points tip, But what heard from here? Christian has been going on for a while. It started number one. It started with their no longer care for a great story in a movie. His Top Gun dislike started this the other week. He'd obviously prefer the effects special effects of modern movies are on a good solid story.
Speaker 4: It's not got anything to do with special effects, Top Gun. If you watch it is lamer than the notebook.
Speaker 6: Why are you dubbing down on it? It's a great movie.
Speaker 5: It's about buddies. Okay, one the buddies dies. What's sadder than that?
Speaker 4: All I remember is him riding around pensive on a motorcycle for two hours.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because he had that demons in there.
Speaker 6: Goose was still in his heart and in his head and in his helmet. Second point here the dislike of the solid go to of any bakery, the veanina slice. This pushed me over the edge here in this Christian this is the baked good all bakeries are judged on. It's true, isn't it. It's the definitive scene.
Speaker 5: What did Jack like?
Speaker 6: The crona something fancy and modifying in a laboratory. And three he actually said on the called yesterday he thinks that billionaire Jeff Bezos eating the Mona Lisa would be a great thing to watch, and seems stunned that you didn't join him in this, at one point saying he didn't believe you.
Speaker 5: Goodbye, cruel world. It's been a blast. As comes from Mark.
Speaker 4: We would all watch it if it happened. I'm not condoning it. I don't want it to happen, but we would watch.
Speaker 6: The other thing we were talking about Yesterday eight is o the eighties and we're talking about the letter F and we got into Fragle Rock. For those of you bought Werawn in the eighties, this was a great show, Frank Rock with an awesome theme tune as well.
Speaker 5: Packy Cares Away. Email comes from Meg McFarlan Christian. Listening to the show on the way to work.
Speaker 6: Yesterday morning reminded me of the Fragle toys my mum bought us one Christmas when I was eight. Snooping a month or so prior to the big day, as we all did, I found these large, three Fragle soft toys hidden in Mum's wardrobe. Every spare second I was able were mum and I would sneak in there and play with them, and then delicately carefully put them back in the plastic bags and pretend I didn't know they were there.
Speaker 5: Christmas Day rolls around. I'm so excited.
Speaker 6: These things have now trailed four hours in the car with us to my NaN's house, and I can't wait to on rap mine and play with it.
Speaker 5: Then it happens. My sister gets Red. Do you remember Red Fraggle?
Speaker 3: Yes, she's my favorite.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my cousin gets Wembley and I get Boober. Boober was the dullest one. It was like the scrappy Doo of the whole thing. Everyone hated him, Scrubby Doo. You email, We've lost him, Babe's.
Speaker 5: Cousin Scrubby, like he ruined the franchise. No one likes scrappy anyway.
Speaker 6: I bought email it here me Boober, the pessimistic, hyperchondract doomsayer that likes doing laundry.
Speaker 5: I was gutted. The thing also had no eyes. Christian. This is a photo of it. Look at that. It's the scar Yeah, scary you mum brought that.
Speaker 6: That is like someone out of the Bride of Chucky.
Speaker 5: Christian.
Speaker 6: We were also talking as well about these school sound the school sandwich.
Speaker 5: You would make, you know that sandwich when they came home from school, and you would chop together a load of ingredients that probably didn't really belong together in a sandwich. After Patsy's reminded every one of your genius thing you used to do it the monoleetically Milo pulled into your mouth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, white bread, margarine and my life.
Speaker 6: Christian, I discovered as a kid by my after school sandwich was vegemite and strawberry jam Vicki's emailed in Christian. I agree Jack with Jack. The vena slices overrated and also the term snot blot is Victorian. No other state calls them this Brian is he emailed in not even a Hello, and I think just I used to make cheese and vegimite sandwich from Brian.
Speaker 3: We used to call them tiger sandwiches Ana because it's will vigimitees dark and cheese is yellow.
Speaker 5: Tiger.
Speaker 3: Would you like a Tiger's here?
Speaker 5: Wet like a tiger?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Dinos to c email he's at work and possesn't too keenan and call him radio stations?
Speaker 5: Why does it work? Fair enough?
Speaker 6: But he's saying this is Dan brought home an old sideboard one day from the tip and clearing it all out him and his dad in the backyard and they found seven hundred dollars in cash in there.
Speaker 5: That's the dream.
Speaker 6: Yes, wow, seven hundred dollars. This was in the eighties, so with inflation that's like twenty million.
Speaker 5: He's rich.
Speaker 6: Yes, she now owns the tip and several tips. What a lovely story, Dina, Thank you very much for that. All right, let's take some calls.
Speaker 5: Hey, good morning, good morning, Christian, Good morning the show.
Speaker 1: When I was twelve, my sip father worked at the tip. Goodbaring Christian.
Speaker 5: To me in the background.
Speaker 4: We're on a delay on the radio to listen to the phone. Don't listen to the radio.
Speaker 6: If you one of these and if you turn the radio down the background and I can talk to you directly.
Speaker 5: Wonder the telephone. Yeah, brilliant, there we go. Okay, welcome to the show again.
Speaker 1: Thank you. When I was twelve, my stepfather worked at the tip and we brought stuff home every day.
Speaker 5: Great.
Speaker 1: The dream of it of it was he turned up with a mini motorcycle one day.
Speaker 5: And did you go on it? Did you use it?
Speaker 6: All?
Speaker 1: We knew it was a spark plug and some petrol and away it went. It was brilliant. It went really well as my cream and sprinkle sandwiches after school.
Speaker 6: Hey, thank you very much for giving us a call. You can turn that radio back up now, buddy.
Speaker 1: Thank you for my five minutes of time.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey boy go we will send you one of our lidless steins as well.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Mother and you, Wow, we old school with the old I haven't said can you turn the radio down? In about two or three years. Good to know that he's still you have to tell people, Neil, good morning.
Speaker 8: Morning Christian. How are you.
Speaker 5: I'm good? Can you turn the radio down?
Speaker 8: Neil, I've already got it down. I'm behaving to.
Speaker 6: Those pro level to this cooling shows, aren't they. No what have you got for us?
Speaker 5: Mate? You have found something to at the tip.
Speaker 8: So my father was a pickup or the term picker became like synonymous with reality television. So he used to bring home random crap all the time, right, but the pinnacle of this random crap. Wise, one day he's fronted from the tip with this oak framed oil painting of this old tool ship. And I've said, Jim works, it's a bit of clap. What do we what are you ringing that ome for? He goes, no, no, no, no, no, this is valuable, this is value. No no, nah, suret rubbish rabbish rabbish. He says, all right, I'll prove you wrong. I'm going to take it down to the auction room and get it favre. And I said, what a waste of type count seriously. So off he goes and he said, he said, come with me, come with me, Come with you, he said, he brings it. He brings it down to the auction room and they pick it up and they go, oh, yes, it's a Captain Horton Forest. Mister Smith, it's very very valuable. Would you be happy with a two thousand dollars reserve if you put your auction and and I'm like jaws dropped anyway, So we go to the auction two three, five seven, ended up getting eight and a half grand.
Speaker 5: No way for those painting that old man.
Speaker 9: This oil painting of the tall Ship Tasmanian painter, nineteenth century. So my father had a good eye, obviously, but clearly I don't. But the the PostScript to this story is he actually used the money to pay for my sister and I to actually go on a trip for worldwide trip.
Speaker 5: So work with.
Speaker 4: And it didn't sound like your dad went on the trip. Is that you paid for you and your sister to go?
Speaker 9: Yeah, exactly, see you later. Yeah, clearly you didn't like my advice on what not to bring home from the tip.
Speaker 6: What a story. Well, we'll give you one of our third PostScript. We'll give you one of our liveless stains for that story. That's great new, Thank you very much.
Speaker 8: Thanks Christian.
Speaker 5: Two words that.
Speaker 6: That pinnacle, No so the other one I use. Let's squeeze Andrew in then Andrew, Good morning Christian, Good morning Andy. So what was the after school sandwich? Used to make?
Speaker 10: The best one was? Mate, draw bread and draw chips. Spang of the chips, No butter, no nothing, home go loaf for bread on the table, banging the chips, different flavors, eat it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know the rest. No PostScript to start, no script, lovely stuff.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you very much, Andrew well worth going to that one.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: When we doing three topics Tuesday the other day, one of the topics was after after this amazing story and it does seem like a talk story, but it's an incredible story about a lobster fisherman who was swallowed whole and then spat out by a humpback.
Speaker 5: Well, one of the doctors who.
Speaker 6: Was attending to him has said, I'm sure it's a count matches up.
Speaker 5: I want to believe that this too.
Speaker 6: So nine his mate in the boat saw as well it's not the best eyewitness account. Is that your mate in a boat so you get spat out. But anyway, this is what they're saying album that they got swallow pole by a lobster and then lived to town.
Speaker 5: The town. So we're worrying, have you been Oh sorry, yes, a mega lobster. I've seen it here in Australia.
Speaker 6: There must be others out there, the mega lobster and that mega koala.
Speaker 5: Just wandering around at night.
Speaker 6: So we're asking you have you been where no other listener has been before? Because that guy clearly has inside a humpback. Well this comes from Oli, who has not one, but two stories for us about going where no other listener has.
Speaker 5: Firstly, we go to Egypt. Egypt, you say, I asked them eordly for some music. Yeah, Egypt, I say.
Speaker 6: Did a tour of Egypt with my wife twelve years ago and we got to the Valley of the Kings, which is where the pharaohs who are mum fired in their tombs. We got to enter and see Tutan Carmun's tomb, which was incredible, and they had his remains in a glass container on display, which was a bit creepy.
Speaker 5: It's not creepy. It's his tomb.
Speaker 6: You're not supposed to be in there. Very interesting place Egypt. We had to say we were married at the time because all the men kept asking how much I would sell my not why for I was offered camels, chickens at one point, free cash cylinders.
Speaker 5: But the main one.
Speaker 6: Don't need the Egyptian music anymore, kill the Gypsy music.
Speaker 5: But that's why.
Speaker 4: Not somewhere that no one's been before me through.
Speaker 5: All day, all day.
Speaker 6: You didn't just sort of going round the back hang, I'm me just press this.
Speaker 5: We're in there.
Speaker 4: He actually said they've got something on display, the display to people who are coming through.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and they probably a gift shop on the way out as well. But the main one is the rotunda. From the sound of music, I'm familiar with the sound of music kids when they were youngest.
Speaker 5: I love watching that. I watched the road thunder.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was that beautiful thing in the garden with glass and lattice surround it. You know, you'd go in there at a summer house and you'd take afternoon tea in the day, would.
Speaker 5: You you know what stood out there?
Speaker 6: Perhaps he loves lattice lattice around your property. He's got soul lattice fence.
Speaker 5: I've got some latter.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, definitely good to know anyway, good old lattice chaut on the show. My wife loves that movie Sellam is about with this guy Onie and it was one of her favorites. So five years ago we went a winter trip to Europe and included Saltzburg, where the rotunda from the Sound of Music is now located. It's been moved from the original location to a castle. It isn't really open to the public, but I got the guy to open it up so I could propose to my wife inside. And what made it even more special was the manager of the castle put tall spike candles all around that. So that's a lot better, yes that there you go into a tourist trap.
Speaker 5: It's like saying.
Speaker 6: You've been I've been to a place you can hardly get into called the MCG. I was lucky enough to watch a sports game there with one hundred and twelve other lucky people who were allowed to come and see this game.
Speaker 2: For Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 6: Working our way through the eighties at the moment on the show, once a week and we break it down to a letter.
Speaker 5: This week it's the letter.
Speaker 6: A in our eighties Z of the eighties, and we always do something called the one second winner.
Speaker 5: So I've got to.
Speaker 6: Sell one second clip some songs from the eighties, very well known songs. But all the songs this week obviously all to do with the letter F, so artist or title.
Speaker 5: Last week I was terrible, terrible. Patsy got all five.
Speaker 6: That's rare normally you you're good on this She got five out of five. At the moment, the schools are in the ongoing world series Jack and Evan Patsy on an amazing d liight performance of twenty three.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, and today's round is worth three points per answer?
Speaker 5: Ten great? Oh is it ten? More? Bonus round? Ten? Okay, that's my be ready to fly about banking me. Never illuminate what I've just done. When I'm making it up. It's actually a hundred. I'm ready to put one's worth a hundred today.
Speaker 6: Okay, right, it's ready ready answers or title to do with the letter F.
Speaker 3: Who is a fight for your right to party?
Speaker 5: Beastie boys? Hundred?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 5: What on Patsy you gotta fight, right for fight. That's why that was there, just in case any almost wondering why is he playing it? All right? You're ready? Jack, Ready, You're ready? Pats ready worth one hundred points? Damn it, Europe, Europe.
Speaker 6: Wow, down, he's at the game. He's just scored one hundred. Well done, all right? What about this day's game now?
Speaker 5: Isn't it elevated? Oh?
Speaker 3: She drives me crazy?
Speaker 5: Young cannibals fifty each?
Speaker 6: How this has always worked and always well, you've got half, you've got an assist, both of you.
Speaker 5: Thank you. I got the fie part.
Speaker 3: Sympathy vote check. That's what that's called.
Speaker 6: Seventy five for Jack and only twenty five for challenging the umpire.
Speaker 5: Okay, we can't have this in the ranks. What is this?
Speaker 3: Ah, foreigner?
Speaker 5: Yeah, probably.
Speaker 3: Foreigner. No, I want to know what love is?
Speaker 5: No, I want to know what love is. A hundred post word Patsy, A beautiful, beautiful song. It's going to listen to it for now if you don't mind. Oh, you have stopped it. The oscars one thousand points on this one. Okay, you ready? Ready? Artistle title do with the letter F and the eighties funky Town.
Speaker 3: Pseudoco, oh my.
Speaker 4: Harm a thousands, even doing a winter song I love.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 5: Now it's time for the one second clip for you, dear listener.
Speaker 6: It's a movie, a one second of a movie from the You know what's going to get this?
Speaker 5: What a waste of time.
Speaker 6: But anyway, let's see I've moved on from song clits to you guys because you're getting all of them. And Jack said it's too easy every week, so that I made it really hard. Now it's one second from a movie from the eighties, to do with the letter F. Okay, what movie is this?
Speaker 5: I'm going to get that.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't be surprised if one of our listeners gets that is to do with the letter F. Could be the title or it could be the star of the movie, to do with the letter F.
Speaker 5: Understand.
Speaker 8: Christian Christian i'connell the Christian.
Speaker 2: O'connalds Show podcast.
Speaker 6: We're doing the one second winner where we playing you a clip of one second from a song. It's what Jack and Patsy get, but you guys get. It's one second of a movie and it's do with the eighties. Head of the eighties.
Speaker 5: This week.
Speaker 6: It's almot the letter F. So this clip from a movie from the eighties to do with the letter F. It might be the name of the movie or the actor or actress in the movie. This is all we're getting. It's got too easy. Recently, someone who's just texting in is that Jack's reaction to losing by over fifteen hundred points?
Speaker 5: Too? Were Patsy? Genuinely Patsy? He was just mumbling during the song theyre going. She used to be so slow on this. She's so crazy.
Speaker 4: Genre Jack, ye.
Speaker 5: Genre Jack.
Speaker 6: She's on the old Brown Brothers wine already from the winner's podium, Lewis Hamilton.
Speaker 5: Spain or that champagne you meant to spray it?
Speaker 6: All right, let's take some guesses. Then, one movie film the eighties do with the letter F. Is this taken from.
Speaker 5: Uh Ty Hello, Hello, coome on and welcome to the show, and thanks for corning. What do you think it is watching movie?
Speaker 11: I think it could be flubber, but I've never seen it.
Speaker 5: I love this kind of guess anything at the show as how we do the show.
Speaker 11: The thing that gets swung around the room.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sounds like something I've never seen before. No, love.
Speaker 2: I haven't.
Speaker 5: It's not Flo. I'm going to send you a lidless sign for that.
Speaker 1: Okay, brilliant, brilliant.
Speaker 2: You have a good one, guys.
Speaker 5: Thank you, thanks you giving us a call. She wouldn't even have any idea if it was right, Warren, good morning. I'm good, Warrant. Thanks for going the show. I hope you've been a good week so far. What movie.
Speaker 8: From the ates do with the letter flu?
Speaker 5: No, it's not Fight Club and that is a great movie though, but I don't believe that's the nineties. But try one. Thanks for trying. No worries, Heath, Yo, yo, what do you think this is from the nineties.
Speaker 10: Farris Bueller's day off Around the seven minute mark when he's playing with a keyboard that he got for his birthday.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, when he has all the sound effects for the snoring and stuff like that. I don't think, Heath. Not the answer?
Speaker 10: Uh not the answer?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 6: Sorry, how it works it goes. Yes, it's obviously not the news you wanted here. I'm very sorry.
Speaker 5: I'm going to beside man. Thank you, Heath. He's devastating. It felt like he was going to tell you no, yes, that's where you're wrong, mister d J. A whole simmer minute mark. He had it queued up on his VHS. There.
Speaker 6: Uh, yes, good morning and welcome to the show. Think it is from the eighties to do it there?
Speaker 5: To f which movie? Blood?
Speaker 12: Rambo?
Speaker 5: What makes you think that?
Speaker 10: Ah, I've seen a movie a few times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well done. How the hell did you know that is Rambo first Blood? Just some someone grunting?
Speaker 10: Oh well, I think I know the scene.
Speaker 8: It's many falls from the cliff onto the trees.
Speaker 5: It is exactly that is exactly that bit you sir. I just wanted yourself two lidless steins, one for each hand.
Speaker 10: Oh beauty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there you go. Enjoy, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Maybe you've done this where you went out just to get something the newspaper or whatever, basic groceries, and then something happens, You get distracted, you think, do you know what I'm going to have that? And he come back with something more than what you're going out for. So my friend recently last week, Tony right, he he does not have the money to buy an RV. He now owns an RV. He did not go out to buy an RV. He went out to do a basic sort of supermarket run for basic growthery artists. You know, milk, eggs, that kind of stuff, lou roll, not even your big weekly shop, just some basic topp and up stuff before you get to the weekend or your big shot. As he was out, he drive past this sort of secondhand car garage right, and he saw in the front was an RV at a ridiculous price, so much so he doubled back around, went in again, is that legit?
Speaker 5: Is it? Got?
Speaker 6: Really does not work or anything? Why is it so cheap? So the guy just needs cash, Okay, he just needs cash really quickly, so you know, if you want it, you can have it for that.
Speaker 5: So he bought it.
Speaker 6: He now owns an RV. He's had to store it in another mate's place, right, and he's put it all on his credit card. He has not got the money to pay for his but it all on his credit card was virtually maxed. Anyway, I said, what are you even gonna do with it? Are you going to go on like a tour? He goes, no, I don't even know, but I will use it.
Speaker 5: I will go on, yes, So I want to know have you done this work, You've gone out for milk and you came.
Speaker 6: Back with something bigger. My wife is a stickler for this. I remember a couple of months ago.
Speaker 5: She often is.
Speaker 6: I'll get a phone call from her and she'll go, I'm just about driving up the house. Can you come out to help me in with stuff? And I thought, you'll go into the dentist. The other one where she was going to the hairdress and I get the dreaded phone calls because I just need some hop out of the car with a couch.
Speaker 5: I'm like, are the kind of hairdresses she found it?
Speaker 6: She's just driving by a hard rubbish. She found this couch, right, an absolute heap of a couch where you couldn't lean on the left armrest because it would break.
Speaker 5: You had to keep propping back up.
Speaker 6: It also had we didn't know, but a couple of days later we started to realize it had fleas in it as well, right, So we had to get rid of it in the end. But yeah, she went out to hairdress and then came back with a couch.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I'm surprised what Biankie can get in the little hatchback that she drives around.
Speaker 5: You think it's a women's secret power. I'll get that call as well. Can you come and maybe anything to carry a couch? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, to do something something needs carrying its couches and big stuff like that. So that's just call the scent. You went out for milk, But what did you come back with?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: You went out for milk and came back with what just happened? So many times people just genuinely go out to get something basically like milk and maybe the newspaper. Then you come back with something big, like an actual thing.
Speaker 5: Know for one for one O four three Rose, Good morning, Good morning, Good morning Rose. You went out for milk? What did he come back with?
Speaker 2: Me?
Speaker 13: I went out for a roast chicken and came back with a staffy pup.
Speaker 5: How so did you see a house setting them all?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 13: It was on community board and then I g a so I'd gone into the roast chicken, passed the board, went and got the staffy, came.
Speaker 12: Back and got the chicken, and you still have it.
Speaker 13: Unfortunately I had to have him put down last year.
Speaker 5: I'm so sorry to hear. Heartbreaking when you have to do that to your pets us.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so.
Speaker 5: Are you going to get a new puppy?
Speaker 13: No, I've had of course, steps. He's in my time, but I don't have time for dogs at the moment, not with my job.
Speaker 5: Oh, bless you all right, and thank you very much to give us a cool rose.
Speaker 13: Thank you, Christian appreciated.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Chat afterwards about that. No, that is it is sad when you have to put down a dog. Yeah, I don't think. I don't think that. This is thought Jack laughing about this. Daniel, good morning.
Speaker 8: Good morning. Mores went out to buy tiles and came back with a car.
Speaker 6: So you're gonna have to tell us what happened. They went out to get some tiles and then how come they came back with the car.
Speaker 11: So I don't know the full story was before I started seeing my wife, but it almost comes up over dinner prayers, our renovating at the time. And yeah, they'd started out going out to get some tiles and they came back with a brand new.
Speaker 6: Curse wonderful, lovely and no pets were put down in this store, which is great.
Speaker 5: Daniel, thank you, very mutually cool. Thank you. No drummers, Rob, good morning.
Speaker 12: Good morning, Christian, how are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good, Bobby boy. How's your Ah?
Speaker 1: I struggling along.
Speaker 12: This COVID has given us the absolute but anyway.
Speaker 5: Anyway, yeah, you're right, all right, Robin? What'd you go? He went out for milk? And what did Rob come back with?
Speaker 12: Our holiday house.
Speaker 5: Be so far?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 5: Just all flat packing the U or.
Speaker 12: Now we're staying in a caravan park down at McCrae. My kids were very young at the time, so it's about twenty five years ago. And I'm a fairly active sort of person. And when I wasn't out in my boat fishing, I was hanging around the caravan park getting bored, drinking and just generally wasting time. So I went out to get milk one morning and walk past the state agent, saw this little house and I thought I can afford that. So yeah, a couple of hours later we'd signed on the dotted line and we bought ourselves a holiday house.
Speaker 5: Very expensive walk, much expensive walk of your life, Rob.
Speaker 12: It was, but it was very enjoyable walk afterwards.
Speaker 5: Yeah you still got the holiday home. No earlier have I. It's very sad.
Speaker 6: Christian o'con podcast we've been talking about you went out for milk and then once you come back home with Christian. My housemate went out for Sunday beers and bought the house next door.
Speaker 5: What drunk?
Speaker 6: Or did he mean to Christian? I went out to get the morning paper, came home after buying a shop that is the most extravagant one we've heard about the holiday home. But buying a shop that is not a sort.
Speaker 5: Of I've always been thinking about owning a shop. What kind of shop did you buy?
Speaker 4: You know there's too many shops on Gumtry. I was serving in gum Tree this week. Yeah, you mean Indian restaurant. You can buy the whole thing on cometry.
Speaker 6: I didn't know that that's how they sold them. I just thought that we had down in businesses or his family owned.
Speaker 5: You can buy shops on cometry. I'll find it now, see what shops are available? Okay?
Speaker 6: And I want to know what kind of budget they're talking about. I don't know you could just casually buy an entire sort of business. And sure anyway, this guy mark Christian. I went out for the morning baby, came home after buying the shop, went home without the paper and got into trouble and offer buying the shop forget the paper.
Speaker 5: My wife sent me.
Speaker 6: Straight back out to go and get the paper, strips instructions not to buy anything else before I got the paper first. That's what Mark? Can you email me? But I don't know. I know you're listening at the moment. What was the shop you bought? And are you still running? Running it?
Speaker 5: Jack? What's for sale? Shot?
Speaker 11: See?
Speaker 4: Just a preliminary search turns up a fit through a hair salon?
Speaker 5: You want to buy it? Do you know what? You know?
Speaker 6: I've always harbored an alternative universe to me that I would have been a hairdresser, and I think it would have been very happy just chatting to people cut their hair. I always thought it looks like a nice job to do, being a hairdresser.
Speaker 5: Well, you could go straight from here and then go into a hairdressing day. Keep it, you know what I'm like?
Speaker 6: By three in the afternoon, whoever they book in for a three o'clock you're coming out with a very lopsided haircuts.
Speaker 5: I nod off on to sleep my head in the battle there? What else is for sale on gum Tree? Give me a second to find the showga.
Speaker 6: You guys love this The other day, right when my kids came home and asked me a question. They've been doing something in English, and it's the thing that you want to ask me? Was if I could go back in time and meet the eighteen year old me? You know often they people talk about, you know, writing a letter to the eighteen year old self.
Speaker 5: This was if I could go back and meet the eighteen year old me? Right?
Speaker 6: What five words, no more than five words a device would I give? And I don't think it's very nice when people say they go back and say, don't do this and do that, because actually, all those mistakes you make in life, hopefully, hopefully they make you wiser and they get you to a bed place where you are in life. Right, However, if I genuinely could go back and meet the eighteen year old me, do you know what I really wish I knew?
Speaker 5: Then take more photos. I didn't take nowhere near enough photos, right.
Speaker 6: I would look back now and I tell my kids' stories and then they're like, oh, you must have photos because they document too much. But every single element they're lives. I just didn't you know all these stories that I've had now where you struggle to remember what that was like, I'd kill for a photo now of like first holidays with mates and stuff like that. We didn't really take any photos. You too busy living. It wasn't really a thing to document everything. Yeah, I wish i'd more photo.
Speaker 4: I had the problem when I was making mom's slide show for Mother's Day.
Speaker 5: Mum was obviously the person in our family who was behind the camera.
Speaker 6: Even if I found it out, my wife takes all the photos and me and the kids moan all the time. And then when we do look back and see these wonderful photos, my wife was going.
Speaker 3: Isn't for me exactly?
Speaker 5: And his photos?
Speaker 6: But yeah, that would be the three words, take more photos. I really wish i'd done that. Jackie boy, what would it be for you?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: If I think of myself as an eighteen year old, what was young jack like?
Speaker 5: At eighteen?
Speaker 4: I got my first proper long term girlfriend, and I dream moment everything else in my life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course every guy does it. Did your dad warn you? My dad told me for doing this.
Speaker 4: Yes, My parents kept trying to say, like please still study for school, like.
Speaker 5: Don't have even your friends. My dad pulled me aside, turn me to the pub. And said, you're not going to marry this girl. And I was like, you don't know that. I might go.
Speaker 6: You won't marry the first one. You shouldn't, Okay, it's not the right thing to do, And he said no. So if if it all ends, your friends will remember you and take the mickey out of you. It' suddenly come creeping back. Six months later she dumped me. Obviously, my dad still talks about it now.
Speaker 5: You would not be told it was. He said.
Speaker 6: It was like watching someone to slowly drive into a huge wreckage of her by love.
Speaker 5: It's so like that eighteen year old love is so intoxicating, isn't it.
Speaker 4: My story is almost exactly the same. So I didn't do any study for year twelve. I thought I won't need this. I'm in love doing this.
Speaker 5: That's why we're both here.
Speaker 4: And my friends who I'm still friends with today, and I neglected them for a whole year, didn't really see them, and then that girl dumped me six months out of high school.
Speaker 6: I think it's a standard thing for people like you and I JA it's six months. We're good for six months.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connor Show podcast, We're.
Speaker 6: Going to chat to someone in a minute who I think has a story that is the same as some of you mum's dad's teenagers on the school run right now.
Speaker 5: People worried about your job.
Speaker 6: He emailed me after I spoke, Oh, I think it was two weeks ago now about something I hadn't been able to speak about for years, and that I was going to be sharing in my book. And that was seven years ago. I had severe panic attacks. They were so bad they stopped me doing the thing I love in my life, and that is this radio talking to you guys. It was already scary time. I was terrified. I felt very alone, but with the help of my awesome wife, I got help and I got through it. I grew through it and now on the other side of the world with you guys and loving this new life here. And I only said a few words, or I thought I could say a few words on the show because it was going to be in my book, and I thought I could just share my dirty little secret. I didn't want to feel ashamed anymore. I thought a better say a few words and move on. But if you heard it, you'll know that wasn't what happened. The emotions overcame me and I turned into a hot, blubbing mess life on the radio. But then something really incredible to start happening and studies. I started getting these amazing emails from you, just sharing your stories, and one of them really flawed me. From the guy we're about to speak to, Matthew now in my heart and I noticed the Jack and Pats and our little team that put the show together with us. We want this show for however long we have you in the morning, five ten minutes to be a little beacon of light for you guys, and you were that for me last week, and now I'd like to do that for Matthews, a dad who's in a tough spot and needs to know that he isn't alone right now because he isn't.
Speaker 5: Let's speak to Matthew.
Speaker 14: Good morning, Christian, how are you.
Speaker 5: I'm good, mate, Tell one's going on with you. Mate.
Speaker 14: There's actually the emotion that you had to deliver coming out of nowhere. It really prompted me in regards to a situation I've had the Mark family, and especially my fifteen year old daughter, who has really struggled over the last eighteen months.
Speaker 5: Sorry about this, take your time right is you having a really tough time?
Speaker 14: Mat halfway through the year she started developing massive about of anxiety and depression.
Speaker 12: She barely.
Speaker 14: Barely leaves her room. She didn't end up going back to school when it reopened in term four, and we were going to try and start off in term one. She had massive anxiety attacked on the bus on the way to school. I had to pick her up from school because she'd broken down in class.
Speaker 1: And it's.
Speaker 14: Such a debilitating thing to watch your children go through.
Speaker 6: She's going through somewhich is hell right now. Teenage times are tough for all girls and boys, and for a teenager where you feel lonely anyway, but especially at the age she's that when she should be, you know, her hearts should be opening to the wonder of who she is and finding a way in the world. It's mate, it's nothing but heartbreaking.
Speaker 14: She's also having to go a great deal of clinical psychology sessions. We've also just started doing holistic counseling in regards to roving steps she can take to back.
Speaker 5: Oh were that.
Speaker 6: Lots of people are having a tough time. We're out of lockdown, but it's not like it's all over for lots of people. There's job worries, you know, really severe money worries. And to get your daughter help, I know that it takes money and a lot of resources, and that might be a time when you're struggling to do.
Speaker 14: That's really just to prioritizing her well being. You're trying to focus all your resources towards making sure she can get through these times. It's really hardva Christ because as a father, you feel like a failure asking for help, and you should You shouldn't.
Speaker 5: No, you shouldn't because how are you meant to cope with this? Right? You're trying to make a really tough situation the best you can. You're just trying to get help for her.
Speaker 14: Yeah, just like just like living in a massive dark over.
Speaker 5: It's like whenever we have a tough time in life, like a really tough time at you're having right now, you lose that thing that's the most important thing is you struggle to see any hope. You know when that starts to gym, that's a scary place for you and your wife to be in, in your family.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Maie, definitely is. And like I said, it was, that's on the up chance I caught you to talking about your book.
Speaker 6: That's incredible. Now, Matthew, listen what you've got to do right now? This is really really important. Okay, you've got to give yourself credit for what you have done. Okay, you're trying to get help, all right, You're doing all you can. You're doing a lot. You are doing a lot. So please, for all that you felt you haven't been able to do, and all that you don't think you can do, you've done the most important thing you've got. You've got your daughter help and you made her feel seen and hearn that is that's the most important thing that we can do as a parent, you can do as a dad.
Speaker 14: You do feel alone, but then you think of stories of your daughters. Like I said to day by day, pay by day opposition, and just thank you for the reassurance and the fact that it is okay to feel said and to have areas of self doubt and and it's actually okay to quiet and break down to your partner or to best brain.
Speaker 12: Or.
Speaker 14: Even a letter to a complete stranger, which is what I did to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But the thing is, when you heard what happened to me, Matthew, I bet that that made you feel not like a stranger, and when we're chatting now, you're not strange. I know you've been in my own life. I know what it's like to feel the kind of despair you know. I don't know your story, but I can feel it. And you know you should be really proud mate, for what you've done. It takes so much courage that most of us aren't able to summon so many people listening right now here. We're really feeling this, you know. Thank you for even trusting me and sharing this. Honestly, it's you know, it's taking a lot for you to do this. What I'd like to do right is I don't want to ask you what the financial situation is. I think we could take a break and let's ask chat now off air about if you're happy to share it you know where you are with it and what we might be able to do to how okay? Does that sound fair?
Speaker 15: That?
Speaker 14: So I'm fantastic Christian, Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Right, so take a deep breath in with me right now, Okay, because you've got You've got through what often feels like the biggest step sometimes isn't it as telling somebody else honestly, it does. Is that first steps want to leap for mankind, isn't It feels impossible? And then you do it and heze, all right, actually come through it. I'm alive. I'm all right.
Speaker 14: Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Hey, the pleasure is all mine. Okay, let's take a break and then we'll see where we are. Okay, but Matthew, thank you.
Speaker 14: Okay, thanks for our Christian Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Thanks for letting Matthew share his story. Lots of you calling in at the moment want to offer support, and you don't have to come on air. Maybe if that's touched at someonewhere and it's very close for you, If you know, some call in say Matthew with you or share your story. You can email if it's easier, Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au, and you can also give us a call nine four one four one O four three. I really, you know, I don't think Matthew realizes just how well he spoke from a really painful situation. It's hard for any of us to talk about that kind of stuff. Happened to me a couple of weeks ago, and I talked for a.
Speaker 5: Living, but he did an amazing job doing that.
Speaker 6: It was really quite remarkable and I really hope it has helped some of you who are there, been there or anyway, let's get showon on right now.
Speaker 5: Good one as Sharon, Hi, how are you? I'm good, Sharon. I hope you well this morning.
Speaker 6: I haven't hearing Matthew's story is and upset you too much, But it was just stuvey to hear, you know, what's going on for so many people.
Speaker 15: Oh, it was absolutely brilliant to hear it from the point of view that there's a parent out there supporting their child through this. During my teenage years, it was there was still a lot of a lot more stigma than what there was today, so my parents didn't really support me, so it was really hard for me to get through teenage years. I still suffer today. And I just wanted to reiterate that he needs to look after himself as well. It's not he's great that he's looking after his family and his child, but if he doesn't look after himself, then he might and find himself falling down that rabbit hole and it's a horrible place to be. But I was just I was just saying that the way that I get through each day, particularly in my lows, is my mantraites make one person that particularly a stranger, laugh or smile a day.
Speaker 5: Oh it's lovely, shall one every thing to do?
Speaker 15: It just helps me know that there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Is there is a way back up.
Speaker 6: Just Matthew here and you say that, you know, given credit for what a great daddy is because you know his daughter will be okay because she's got a dad like Matthew and obviously an amazing mum as well. That no, you know, they're obviously talking about it, and so that will help them tremendously. But I think Matthew doesn't give himself enough credit for what he is doing, which is what we know he's not really helps Shanon, thank you for giving us a god and I hope you're okay.
Speaker 15: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Bye, Christian, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much, all the course, Thank you very much, all the emails. Just to reassure you Matthew is okay, he's loving here.
Speaker 5: All the support.
Speaker 6: It feels better just being able to say exactly what's been going on, So thank you for giving him that. We're going to forward on all the messages as well. Ashley's on the line. Good morning Ashley, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 16: How are you going?
Speaker 6: Oh good Ashley. I hope you well this morning. So did you hear Matthew's story earlier?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I was striving to work and it really resonated with me and I felt it quite strongly because I know exactly how him and his daughter feel. It was that was exactly me when I was a teenager, and I just wanted to provide that, you know, that that picture of hope because you know, it's been ten years for me and since I've gone through my teenage years. And as I was driving to work, you know, a job that I love, married to a wonderful man, with pregnant with our first child, I just wanted to show that, you know, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and you know they'll come through this difficult journey together and they'll be happier and stronger for it. But she'll get there and it'll all be okay.
Speaker 6: Do you know what this is about the most important thing that they can hear right now? You imagine Matthew's daughter hear and you say that you know, and like I said, that's that getting those glimpses of hope and hanging on to hope. It's sometimes really hard and right now they can't hear enough of that new saying where you were you know, and it's really heard to issues and some people have it harder than they should. But now hearing you, So when's you're first born jew you're pregnant now that that's amazing.
Speaker 2: Congratulations you in November.
Speaker 16: So yeah, it's it doesn't it seems too good to be true thinking about like you know, where you've been and where you can come from, but it does happen in its baby steps.
Speaker 5: Wow, Well, what.
Speaker 6: Gift you've given to Matthew's daughter about calling us up today, Ashley, thank you very very much, look after yourself.
Speaker 16: Thank you, Thank you for your leader.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: So scom is on his way back from London where he's been hanging out with obviously it's new bestie Boris Johnson.
Speaker 17: You give us tim Tans give, we give you Penguins, you give us Begamind, we give you mar Mite, We give you Burbery macintoshes and you give us Are and Williams Jafara's.
Speaker 6: It's amazing one of you, Big John made an amazing photoshop. Were saying yesterday how one of our listens, Mark Texansan saying the photo of them together in front of those hampers, you know, exchanging all their wares from the two countries part of this big trade deal that they've just broken. So it looked like someone said, looked like step brothers too was being remade. Someone made an amazing photoshop. We put it up on our Facebook page. You'll find it there on Instagram. Christian O'Connor show. The thing we were talking about yesterday was just how many times they name checked each other to prove that they were really good mates.
Speaker 5: With such good mates. I know he's Boris, I know his name, and I know who's Scott.
Speaker 6: That's how you know, because when you I don't about you, whenever you go to the pub, you're constantly name checking each other, aren't you.
Speaker 17: I'm absolutely delightly to welcome my friend Scott Morrison.
Speaker 2: If you can do it agreement with your best friends first.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much, Scott. Great to see you in a well.
Speaker 2: Thank you Boris, thank you very much for the invitation to be here Todayan thanks very much, Scott Boris. I think we've got the right Thank you very much, Scott. Well, thank you Boris, Scott Boris, Scott Boris, Scott Morris Well Scott.
Speaker 6: They're just great mates having a laugh. Okay, today we're asking you to make a movie British. As our two countries developed a beautiful political romance.
Speaker 5: Make a movie British.
Speaker 6: How will we cast you and I over some of these and some of them that I think are treason us. I will report back to the Queen, so be careful, all right.
Speaker 5: Make a movie British. Excuse me myself.
Speaker 6: And Irene excuse me Silver and Irene get carto us a great gangster movie with Michael Caine, get Carter, A nice cup of tea, such a fine man. Bronze, Rexit Wounds, Silver plus Big Ben in Little China, Dong.
Speaker 5: Canoudy with a chance of Boris balls. Oh dear Bronze, let's leave it there unless Boris balls is something. Well, it has been a headline. Yes, make a movie more British. Yes, what have you got? Stand by tea? Sorry, stand by me.
Speaker 4: Tea because you'll stand by it even if we try and bring it down, you'll stand by it.
Speaker 8: Very good.
Speaker 5: No silver, no emotion for old men. And I think that's a little bit dusty in my eye. That's silver.
Speaker 4: Not the Midnight Cowboy. It's the mar Mike Cowboy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, bronze and you know that it's good. That's what the audience said. Patsy Nicholas Cage in Palmair Pomare is good. Okay, you can never gone for that.
Speaker 4: And the Curious Case of mister Benjamin Button, mister Benge.
Speaker 5: I'll be honest if I read one of those out you go, Oh God, British character Bronze minus a millium Christian.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: I'm never far away from copying some kind of spray about being English here, even though I've been here three years and you tolerate me. Now, you tolerate me, but it doesn't go far before all all the ven air of tolerance just slips away.
Speaker 4: I've noticed today you're trying to avoid reading the fun facts every day and the time waster.
Speaker 5: The producers give us a list of fun free.
Speaker 4: Come out then, and you used to have skipped over Breton this is a great one. The twenty seventeen survey found that, despite having England, Oh well, I didn't read that wrong. That's how they've written in, England was the most pessimistic country in the world. Despite ranking highly for living standards, English people had the bleakest outlooks for almost all measures politics, sport, weather and the economy.
Speaker 5: Yeah you've been there.
Speaker 6: That weather can get on top of a person, all right, So today we're asking you to make a movie.
Speaker 5: British, you're ready to mark ready? You mean a nice cup of tea?
Speaker 6: Gold weight on John Malcolm, excuse me now, after you excuse me, Luke and Luci world.
Speaker 5: Uncle Buckingham silver plus Duke, where's my car? That's clever gold, that's very good word. I'm justin Zach and Mimmy make a Pommy silver.
Speaker 6: You have Arnie chauffeuring Miss Daisy silver, unbearable politeness of being bronze clowney with a big chance of showers. That's like a standard gold. Uh driving Miss Daisy on the left? Silver fun with spotted Dick and Jane gold. No country for mushy peas bronze, jolly, unlucky Private Ryde Charlie unlucky ones silver, that's from right the Good Mother to loop.
Speaker 5: It, Boris and Scott's excellent adventure. I'd watch that. I'd watch that, dude, where's my empire? Bronze any that's a smart one? Come on, you can get it historically, yes, but it's not a car.
Speaker 6: Oh God, Jordan any given Sunday roast silver plus a cup of tea every sixty seconds.
Speaker 5: Bronze twelve angry toss silver, Oh, Boris, where art thou? Gold? That's very good, Boris Gump Plus. That hasn't been a headline in the UK newspapers.
Speaker 18: It should be how to train your Corgy silver, Edward Blighty Hans silver plus Ritchie Britchie Bang Bang gold, go on with the Windsors silver and finally, Kevin little miss not Sunshine bronze.
Speaker 5: Who are we giving the lidless stegn to Boris Gump?
Speaker 6: Thank you very much all the calls today, Thanks all the lovely message the support to Matthew as well. If you still want to pass something on to him, you can email me if you want, Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. It's greatly appreciate about my Matthews. Well, we've been swapping messages with him. He's been listening to everything he's saying, especially the lovely call we had to swap Patsy news by Ashley Sir.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much. Everyone will be back tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast