Speaker 1: iHeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 3: Got anything Good?
Speaker 4: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey this is Christian here. Thank you very much for checking out today's show. Now, if you listen to our show, you're already one of us. But why don't we take it a step further? I invite you to join our exclusive bright Siders Platinum Club. You might have noticed I'll started calling the show the bright side of the Dial. It's our way of letting you know what are shows about, what we stand for, and the bright Side is Platinum Club is our very own inner circle. So come and join us. What do you get when you join the bright Side is Platinum Club. You get your own membership card. You can also get access to our private inner circle. It's a private Facebook group. In there are first alert early ideas before they become anything on the show, which means you can outshape the show and also say no before something becomes a bad idea on the show. You get the time wasters the day before when Rie and I come up with the ideas of the time wasters, you'll hear them before anybody else.
Speaker 1: Also, every Friday, dropping into.
Speaker 2: Your inbox a unique private message from me to all the bright Siders, only the bright Siders, not for on air. So if you want to join us, the only thing I need you to do is text the word bright Ciders to four seven five three one oh four three. I look forward to seeing you in there and now enjoy today's show.
Speaker 4: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Patsy, morning everyone.
Speaker 1: Good morning Alex morning, and good morning Ria, good morning.
Speaker 2: Well, we were at wedding of the century on Saturday night. Our producer Caitlin got married to her girlfriend and it was a celebration of unity, love and joy, an incredible atmosphere in the evening. All that the Caitlin's speech was fantastic, generally really moving, beautifully done. She held it together with such poise and presents. She did a really really good job. And Dad's speech made every every guy cry in the room. I need to talk about the scene when we arrive though, never been to a wedding reception where there's a Q.
Speaker 1: The street for what me.
Speaker 2: And Patsy and my daughter Ruby and Chris, the love God had all gone for drink around around the corner, an amazing rooftop bar where we were the oldest people there were the three grown ups by at least three decades. People were doing a double take like they knockos.
Speaker 1: Mission you're a gun, bust someone up.
Speaker 5: You're a giveaway when you say very noisy.
Speaker 1: Too noisy.
Speaker 2: And then I saw two idiots on the turntables. Guys, is four o'clock.
Speaker 1: You will listen Fred again, You're not okay, just stick on, so turn it, turn it down, Turn it down, Jenny.
Speaker 2: We go to the corner's cue at the wedding reception because of what was waiting for you based on whether or not you were making a substantial cash donation. If you were making an envelope cash donation, you were allowed a free drink. For those who just turned up. You were not allowed a free welcome. Yeah, it was harsh.
Speaker 6: I only won, though, only one for the person who actually so Chris put our envelope through and got a lovely lemon cillo, and I thought, oh, okay, where's mine.
Speaker 5: It's just just for one.
Speaker 7: You got to share that time.
Speaker 2: Now I just described the scene we've been talking about the show particikat and made this giant oversized welcome board that did actually look incredible.
Speaker 1: So I had the.
Speaker 2: Table plan on Each table plan was named and themed. One was after a dog. I was on the Carlton table. There was no reference as to what was called the Carlton table.
Speaker 8: There was there was no rum or reasontory.
Speaker 2: About about the about the names, but each one was fraying and stuck onto the board. So presentation at Tamakia. Then we come to the bottom left hand corner where there was a cut out rectangle hole with velvet curtains and a board.
Speaker 1: Teenager like the Wizard of Oz the other.
Speaker 2: Side of it on their phone, handing you a lemon cello shot if you pass through an envelope stuff with cash.
Speaker 8: There was a slot for money, and then above it was a curtain where one single lemon shell.
Speaker 7: I've never seen anything at a wedding.
Speaker 2: So I just presumed that the envelope guaranteed the bearers of this gift two shots. So I hand my envelope through and then one drink comes out, and so I then speak into the hole and go, there's two of us. Then the teenager breaks character.
Speaker 1: Here's around the board going.
Speaker 2: I'm told it's one per envelope. Sorry, Ruby, that drinks mine.
Speaker 1: So no envelope, no drink, no tough. So it's strange w to it all. But people look confused. How do you get that drink? You gotta give them catch you.
Speaker 5: There were cigars as well, yes, cigar.
Speaker 1: Oh right, very There was just a lot going on when you got there. Yea.
Speaker 5: It was sort of muffiaso.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, it was a lockoing on the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then there was a surprise during the night on the dance floor of the saxophone player.
Speaker 7: M Now this is this was interesting decision.
Speaker 1: I thought it was to create a lot of buzz. Yeah, yes, was he miming or was he playing live? Was it quite sure? I wasn't sure.
Speaker 8: It's like he was supposed to have this big entrance where it was like the dance floor started, bam, there's a saxophone player.
Speaker 7: But he clearly hadn't been worded up when his entrance was.
Speaker 1: It's not a big anxious if you're coming out the back kitchen.
Speaker 8: He just he was just standing there and the music cut out and then instead of like.
Speaker 7: He just goes oh oh, I think I'm a big surprise.
Speaker 4: That awkward.
Speaker 1: And then what's that one song?
Speaker 2: Because I've seen this movie before, you know where they have the saxophone guy? What's that song that it was a hit in the last you know it's it came out the last. I'm pretty sure it got played three times. I heard it at least twice. I was like, Okay, this is about ten minutes ago. He needs some new gear. And then they had a bit of a little bit of a Baker Street remix and I'm thinking more sax songs? Is he going to get through?
Speaker 1: Michael?
Speaker 7: He was inserting himself into as many songs as he possibly can.
Speaker 1: Yes, hell with live saxophone.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: How did you start the week yesterday? Would you say you're a Monday winter a loser?
Speaker 1: Text me tell me why? Oh?
Speaker 2: Four seven five three one o four three. I would say I'm definitely a Monday loser. My credit card got cloned. Oh, someone's trying to buy something in Germany. And sure it's not your daughters or me some indeed it's new trainers.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, clone again.
Speaker 2: Sarah God, these fiends in my shoe size as well.
Speaker 1: They're trying to clone me, they're buying my clothes.
Speaker 2: So how do we And it's not one it's that one credit card that you know you have for all your subscription services, Sarah days over Sarah.
Speaker 8: You have to and you'll find out ones that you didn't realize, like randomly your it's.
Speaker 2: Not angry emailing you and watch anymore your favorite TV shows unless you update that credit card immediately right now, this morning, there's one an alert on my phone.
Speaker 1: How to quickly deal with it with this is the rest of my year now?
Speaker 8: Amazing? They know as well when your card's going to expire. You can try to reach out for like customer servers or something. You won't hear from them, but they'll know a month in advance or your card's about to expire.
Speaker 7: Make sure you update your detail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Patsy, you are.
Speaker 2: By the way, the song we were trying to guess from the last ten or fifteen years that has the big saxophoney in.
Speaker 1: This is it.
Speaker 9: It's a modern body songs this all the time. Loved it.
Speaker 1: This was huge, so many memories of this.
Speaker 2: So Saturday night this got played at least three times as though I was listening to Nova.
Speaker 1: Cargo baron Sidney. Oh, it was like a lot, it was. It came round a lot. Do you hear it once? It's fun, you know the saxophone guy. Also, how tight we is? Trousers those.
Speaker 7: Hard hard not to had them junk in the trunk to that.
Speaker 1: See that.
Speaker 2: I'm not a fan of heated rivals. Patsy, you are Monday winner or loser.
Speaker 5: Definitely a Monday winner.
Speaker 6: Yesterday I was out in the backyard and I heard a sound that I have not heard for many a moon in our coulder sack.
Speaker 5: It was mister Whippy.
Speaker 2: I'd be great if the team had loaded up now, that would have been the smooth things to go. But it's not ham But can you do an impression of a patch.
Speaker 6: Singing ding ding ding, which sounds a bit creepy when I do it? Really, But what o'clock in the afternoon And it was mister Whippy And I haven't had him in the street for ages. And it doesn't matter how old you are. When you hear that tune, you feel like five again. It's like, oh my god, have we got any change? Where's the cards? Let's get a nice cream? So we went out the front and he was the loveliest guy and really interesting.
Speaker 5: We got talking to him and I.
Speaker 1: Was working up. He's just working up now.
Speaker 6: He's just bought this fan and he's about our ages in his early fifties.
Speaker 5: We said, how did you get to be?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 6: Have you done this for long? And he said, you know, I used to be a spray painter for all these decades. And he said, I was getting sick of it. I wanted to change and I wanted to do something.
Speaker 1: A great different. What a great pevat friend. That was the world of lockdown.
Speaker 2: People were pivoting making sour dough bread and learning the ukuleley.
Speaker 1: But what a great pivot.
Speaker 2: Go from a spraying car and suddenly where do you even find them to buy?
Speaker 5: I know, so I don't know, but he's got this.
Speaker 6: It's an old Evan but he had it all spruced up and he was just the loveliest person.
Speaker 1: It was a immaculate don't oh, it was shiny.
Speaker 6: You could see your face in the juco. Well, he was a spray painter, remember, so he's probably done it up.
Speaker 1: I remember, don't forget because call back to that.
Speaker 7: What do they do in winter?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 7: I think it's a very seasonal business.
Speaker 2: They chase the sun. So he'll drive that around Australia chasing they do. You see a big exodus.
Speaker 1: Of them all in a convoy down birds fail, they go around the under Us.
Speaker 2: Sudden are up in north you know in Broom.
Speaker 6: Darwin Brett was saying that. He said, you know weekends in Yeah, he said, yesterday.
Speaker 5: I had a kid's party with fifty kids.
Speaker 6: And he said, and then I had a wedding last night where you know, it's like a novelty thing they go and do weddings, is it? Winters are a bit quiet, but he said, someer's more than making up for it.
Speaker 1: It must be green going at winter time. Surely dried around because you hear this, you're stuck into its. You're like you know that you've lit the fire. You don't feel like a cone.
Speaker 9: I'm not going to say this guy at the Winter Olympics.
Speaker 1: So did you get one patch?
Speaker 5: Of course I did. Yeah, I got a chop top with the flake in the top.
Speaker 1: Old school. Yes, it's all the best, aren't they it.
Speaker 5: I just loved his story. I thought it was brilliant.
Speaker 1: Here's the other thing I find fascinating as well.
Speaker 10: You.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can just buy one and start driving around any area you want. I think there's a there are licenses and that we always well, suddenly someone's been looking after those berbs for years. Suddenly old mate is just have a power pivot starts rocking up.
Speaker 1: Like, well, what you doing? Patchworks.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure in Scotland there was a violent assault. I think someone might have lost their life in a fight between two ice cream guys over a rival patch have a corner. Yeah, seriously, I'm pretty sure you have to apply for a.
Speaker 6: Life stary local council and stuff. You'd have to like health and safety and.
Speaker 1: Guys, just be honest.
Speaker 2: We're in Australia, the land of no worries, but plenty of admin.
Speaker 1: Forms and beauty. There be a permit, permit, permit.
Speaker 4: Christian Color Show podcast.
Speaker 2: One thing we do just need to address, you know, I prefer we got out of the way in the first out of the show before we get prime time. Your husband Chris, and let's just say the cave door open.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: I think there was a misinformation when he was ordering beers on Saturday night, so he was double parking thinking he would get.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about that double parking. Oh, I'm talking about him. Let's just say leaving the car ports open flies.
Speaker 5: Oh, he's so embarrassed.
Speaker 1: It was least half an hour him several songs.
Speaker 7: Sorry he should because I thought it was funny.
Speaker 8: You know what I said, I'm going to go tell him, because she goes, don't tell him, don't.
Speaker 2: It was magnificent, glorious, was glorious. There was a concerned, mature lady that get going to me, Hey, listen, you know you're a guy. You should say something to him. And I kept I was enjoying winder rump so much. I went, I have He says he prefers it that she was to say something, and I just did again, and he said he's not doing anything about it.
Speaker 1: She goes, that's it. I'm going to have to tell him.
Speaker 2: She goes over to Chris having to gut him binger in his face.
Speaker 5: Oh, thank goodness. He had like he's.
Speaker 1: Refusing to he has to. He told me he's not. He's not.
Speaker 2: You prefer that that one thing, you know, it's like his moonwalk, you shot, you know, it's like it's like ladies like to take the bra off.
Speaker 1: He won't geitar hang out unhound himself.
Speaker 2: And yet there was a free bar there, and I reckon Chris got his money's worth out those beers, didn't He.
Speaker 1: Definitely for four permanently.
Speaker 6: In front of this the communication I'm talking about miscommunication. So he was getting you one, and I think because.
Speaker 2: I was drinking red wine, right, Chris said to me it at one point, Hey, listen, when you get your red wine, you asked for a beer for yourself as well. Went oh, and I'm moving on to red wine. Now he goes, you're not listening to me, say it for your sound. And then he looked up, looked side O, Patsy sent for yourself, and you slip it to me under the table.
Speaker 1: I'm not getting involved in this. I work with your wife.
Speaker 2: I can't have any not right now in the radio atmosphere that we can't have a fall.
Speaker 7: Out here my eyes.
Speaker 6: When four studies turned up, I was horrified, and he goes, oh, tour for Christian.
Speaker 7: Is what.
Speaker 2: Bar?
Speaker 1: He stopped pulling them.
Speaker 7: It was impressive. I've never seen anything quite like it. He was a machine.
Speaker 2: Oh, he was making sure he did his money's worth at that free bar.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: One thing I've noticed the last two or three days electric car drivers looking extra smug again.
Speaker 1: Through looking excess smug again.
Speaker 2: At the moment it's come back around, they're like, Yeah, how's that a pump crisis going? At the moment, crude oil over one hundred dollars a barrel. Yesterday, I was walking my dog down on the beach near where we live, and I thought i'd pop into the ocean for a swim.
Speaker 1: And I was just getting out saw a lovely scene.
Speaker 2: I saw a younger dad with his two boys. And then but both the boys would have been under ten, right, and they're having a wait of time in there. One that was on the dad's back, and the dad was doing a great game while he's pretending that he didn't know where some was. He's going, he's on your back, Dan, I'm a spinning man.
Speaker 1: Is there? It was just a lot, and it was early in the morning. It was It was a really nice scene.
Speaker 2: And then the younger of the two brothers looked down and saw that on the on the ocean bed on the sand was a rainbow. And then he said to his dad, how is there, Dad, Dad? There's a rainbow on the floor here on the sound How is there rainbow here?
Speaker 1: And the dad sort of looked.
Speaker 2: At me, and I look back and go, oh, there's a lot to explain, you know, because we see a rainbow, we don't really understand what's going on in it. And the dad goes, it's complicated, and I looked over like that ain't going to be enough for them.
Speaker 1: They don't. It's like a press conference.
Speaker 2: When it gets like that, there's many more questions ago, and then the gun goes, what do you mean and starts trying to explain what a rainbow is and why you can see it through the water on the floor of the ocean bed. Now, without googling it, how would you have handled that situation? This dad did a great job. I'll tell you in a minute what he said. What would you have said explaining it to undert ten year olds?
Speaker 8: Now, I don't know what any of these words mean, but I've heard other people say them, so I would say things like it's the light refracting off the water.
Speaker 2: Ding The dad hit the R word. He said refraction. I almost want to high five him. That is incredible. You went straight to refraction. The light separating or the light beams or no idea.
Speaker 7: What it means?
Speaker 1: What does it mean?
Speaker 7: I wouldn't have a clue. I heard people say it.
Speaker 2: Before lights, because the rainbow in the sky's form when the light is refracting, bending through water droplets.
Speaker 7: Now you've lost med.
Speaker 1: Max asked me how people are made the other day. So I've got no idea.
Speaker 2: You have got some otherwise they need to go and ask their actual dad one day. I'll explain one day when you find out I've only got that porn band online, get your idea out, perhats.
Speaker 1: What would you say reflection?
Speaker 5: I would have used the wrong word.
Speaker 6: I would have said it's a some reflect ding off the water, which wouldn't have been very scientific at all.
Speaker 1: How is a rainbow made? What's happening?
Speaker 5: Isn't it prisms and stuff?
Speaker 1: That is right?
Speaker 7: Wavelengths of light?
Speaker 1: How does the so light is coming in hitting water? And then why is it separating? And we get all those separate colors?
Speaker 8: Do you need the ocean for a rainbow? Like can't you have a rainbow over a mountain?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that makes sense right.
Speaker 2: And it's bending. I think forty two degrees is the relevant angle. You're seeing to paint that up over the year that it's forty two degrees.
Speaker 1: Then why do we get the separate colors?
Speaker 7: What's parlor spectrum? That's something?
Speaker 1: Can they be different?
Speaker 2: What is that stored in the electromagnetic rays of the Earth's atmosphere?
Speaker 7: Got it?
Speaker 2: I felt like I want to ask this dad some more questions him to explain it to me.
Speaker 1: Sarah at fifty two year old son.
Speaker 4: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: I had no idea that Harry and Meghan are coming down Under next month.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Patty, did you know?
Speaker 5: No, if there's.
Speaker 2: Been formally announced over the weekend. The way they were talking about is he still a prince?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: Is he still a duke?
Speaker 7: He's a duke.
Speaker 1: Think he's a duke?
Speaker 2: Yeah. The way they were talking about obviously when they were last year twenty eighteen, they refer to that tour as a tour that broke them.
Speaker 7: Okay, great, way do.
Speaker 1: You think of Australia.
Speaker 2: They're going back to revisit the scene of the crime of the tour that broke them. Anyway, they were saying that this time though, things are going to be very different when they come because he's no longer prince and he's no longer really part of the royal family. So they're coming and private, and they're coming as private citizens. The way they were described as if they were here on a kontiky tour, they were like, so they'd be flying domestic.
Speaker 1: They ain't gonna be on jet stuff. They're arriving on jet style.
Speaker 2: You're not going to see Harry, you know, unloading all the match in Louis Bouton's a bag is reclaimed number three a hostel in Bond with some drunk Irish and Dutch boys. Now, okay, I have a layman's term of how a rainbow is formed?
Speaker 1: Cool, all right?
Speaker 2: A rainbow is formed when sunlight shines through water droplets in the air like rain or missed, causing the light to bend, reflect and break into its component colors. It's an optical illusion. And I don't even know what that any of this means. Is anyone keeping up to speed?
Speaker 7: What's a level below?
Speaker 2: What's break it down to us? As if with five year olds ten year olds is too complex? Here is the step by step process. One of them team came in said, here's the layman's version of this one. This is not the layman's version.
Speaker 5: This is PhD we need like Toddler's version.
Speaker 2: Yes, how would they cover this on bluey and then half that again? Here's his step by set pro In simpler terms, sunlight hits a droplet. Imagine a single rain drop in the sky. When sunlight, which is white light. Didn't know that, enters this drop, it slows down and bends. That is refraction. Light breaks into colors. Because white light is actually made up of all the colors of the rainbow. The different colors bend at slightly different angles cause them to separate. This is called dispersion. So do you know that white light it is containing of other.
Speaker 7: I didn't, but that's fascinating.
Speaker 1: The light bounces. The light reflects off the back of the rain drop.
Speaker 2: It travels back toward the front. Now come on, light exits and bends again. As the light leaves the rain drop, it bends refracts one more time, spreading the colors out further, making them visible to the eye. It's a three piece combo refraction, reflection, and another refraction. I'm further away from understanding this now there's nothing but more confusion. I don't think I can relax enough now to do today's show. I mean a world of bewilderment.
Speaker 4: Kristin show podcast.
Speaker 2: Question rainbow fat This comes from Dwayne. If you put each color of the rainbow on a fan, you turn the fan on, the fan will turn into white. It goes back to its original component. It returns to white light. My mind is blown right now with this whole rainbow chat, and people are tuning in right now, going, wow, where you've missed some big rainbow talk in the last twenty five minutes. You need to get up earlier and turn this guy our radio station on a lot earlier. All right, if you choose on the show, we ask you about the small thing that drives you mad, things that make you go gur patsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 6: Let me start with the love God. My husband he made pizzas which was nice over the weekend, and we had one of those pizza stones that make the base all lovely and crispy. Anyway, we can't find it, so he thought he would just put it on a normal dinner.
Speaker 1: Plate and into a hot oven, into.
Speaker 6: The oven, and then I said to him, at one point, I think the pizzas will be ready.
Speaker 2: You know you just you working at the pit stops team at the weekend.
Speaker 6: And he opens it and he goes, oh, the dinner plates broken.
Speaker 5: I said, did you put on a dinner plate?
Speaker 1: Refractions happened here?
Speaker 5: Yes, he said, And I said, well it's not oven proof. Look at the Jamie the dinner set.
Speaker 1: Oh, no good stuff. When the vicar comes around or Harry and.
Speaker 6: Megan, oh, And he goes, well, that's no good if it's not. And I said, so there was no pizza. We are yet another plate down. We've got like three dinner plates left because we keep busting them like our wine classes jeers, and we ended up just dialing ubering pizza anyway, So you know, like read.
Speaker 1: The bat reckon. He knew what he was doing. He's outplate you there.
Speaker 2: He knew make pizza always tastes so much better when you make it at home.
Speaker 5: Franked it up to two hundred. It's splitting about eight pieces.
Speaker 7: It's actually so dangerous.
Speaker 1: Fly up, real. What's the thing to make you good cooking?
Speaker 7: You always got to cook with onion and garlic.
Speaker 8: But it does my head in And I don't know why we haven't genetically modified it in some way When you have to peel that tiny like cellophane skin off the onion and peeling garlic just drives me crazy every time.
Speaker 1: Don't you buy the pre chop stuff? Is my wife mad when open up that jar? Someone's done it for me?
Speaker 8: No, that stuff is That.
Speaker 1: Makes no difference. What are you a chef running a restaurant that garlic? Thank you, factory.
Speaker 2: Workers were chop Chop Chop Chop probably got special goggles on chopping out for us at the onion equivalent of the Wonka factory.
Speaker 1: I love to chop onions up into pieces for us. It's they cry for us. That's that's true. He's a pre tears.
Speaker 7: They're very like. It's got a weird flavored the two Minston mushi.
Speaker 1: Perfect than you can do it. You're wasting all that time.
Speaker 7: It takes so long, and then to clean up for us.
Speaker 8: Well, yes, and I've tried all the TikTok hats where you chuck it in a jar and shake shake shape.
Speaker 11: Yes, none of them doesn't work. It doesn't Alex, what's it for you? I got sucked into this the other day. I went to the market and I bought new seasoned apples. Are they're going to be fresh.
Speaker 9: They're going to have that last nice beautiful apple sort of sound when you bite into it.
Speaker 1: But no, it was flowery. A flowery apple gets me.
Speaker 2: So a flowery and the other one is powdery like meringue, because because apple is something to behold. Christal acidity and the crunch it's heartbreaking, like when you break the skin of an apple. Yes, it needs to be like when you tap on.
Speaker 7: A c.
Speaker 1: There's got to be a noise.
Speaker 2: That's when the guy invented when he was like brainstorming crembula, because there was a time in history where there no kremblays. I feel so sorry for the people. What did you do for dessert, mister cave Man?
Speaker 1: What did you do? They were when they were designing and product testing.
Speaker 2: And it needs to feel like a Granny Smith when you buy a pin and you break that skin, that's it.
Speaker 1: That shatter, that's what I need.
Speaker 4: Christian Connell Show podcast, What.
Speaker 1: Small Things Change You Mad?
Speaker 2: I also didn't know that we were broadcast into so many garlic snobs. Oh I'm sorry Marco, Pierre Whites and Michelle Roue. Yeah, judge me, I buy the jar pre chop garlic so I can carry on with my best life. Two than choppy, choppy, chop chop chop, chop chop, wasting an hour just peting the thing.
Speaker 7: It is a very dull process. It does take a very long time, but it's worth it. It's worth it. How do you know, because I've used that garden, you're not that.
Speaker 2: I bet you're probably not that great chefs lovey good. No, no, no, you would not be able to tell the difference between pre chopped garlic out of the tube of the jar and real thing.
Speaker 7: Absolutely whether in your job.
Speaker 1: There's the reason that stuff in the jar is brown. Yes, so it's brown. Awful color brown.
Speaker 2: It's the color of greatness. It's one of the underrated colors of the rainbow. The way to make a rainbow even more beautiful.
Speaker 1: Had a wee bit of brown brown. No, no, no, no, no, come to England that russet colored rainbow. You get there's no goal at the end of those rain.
Speaker 2: You Christian. Put garlic in the microwave for ten seconds. It's eating out the skin.
Speaker 1: Tell you what. It slides out the jar with the tea booth.
Speaker 2: Why don't you open that jar or the tube to squeeze it in now one of our producers. You know, I'm talking about Tina with five e's. He's a very proud member, self identified of the War community. And she came in gave him the chef's kiss. She said, war community use chop garlic all the time. Christian, Okay, well, okay, I did not understand that her mamma's mussaka isn't great.
Speaker 7: I think maybe it would be better with fresh guy.
Speaker 2: Now, you do not want an international incidence with the war community.
Speaker 7: I did not know that they are pieces.
Speaker 1: We are peacenicks here on this show.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, maybe I didn't realize Adventure into Shop Chop Radio was about pre chopped garlic. Apparently it's too hot to handle. Carl's own control the headline.
Speaker 1: Now the new Carla's in town is buying pre chopped garlic. Christian. One drives me mad when people don't chop their own garlic. How do you send this text five times to me? Woman? Christian? What try? And people don't move on on the footpath.
Speaker 2: There could be two or more people walking and they all remain next to each other, walking in line. No, that's wrong, Heather Santa has gone instill. One question that. I think it makes me go growers. When you bust into go into the toilet for a number two, you sit down and nothing happens. It's like your body is taking the mickey. That's from Santo, thanks to sharing mate. Not quite the spirit at all. That's all things will make you girl when you this is from Natalie. When you put up to the stop light and then you come to a full stop, then the car in front nudges up a bit, stop, I move up and then stop.
Speaker 1: Then the car in front again. Who's up again?
Speaker 2: Father, Love of Christ, Why Carl that? Just put up behind the car in front of the correct distance and just stop. Guys, just never know, never just that. Christian, I'm with Rio on the garlic. Shame on me, shame shame, shame, shame on you.
Speaker 1: For buying all the jar stuff. That's a mandy, Mandy that this is about the fifth one from you.
Speaker 2: Now, Christian to pelled garlic. You tell me the wrong guy. Someone's done it even easier for me and put it in a jar. Bless them.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Who Knew? Who Knew?
Speaker 2: So many garlic snobs out there seem someone has come up with a very good suggestion. I'm gonna make you something a portion of it with garlic straight from the jar, yes, and then a portion of it with real proper garlic, and see if you can taste the difference.
Speaker 7: I'll be able to even smell the difference.
Speaker 2: And then Sha and van By, you won't garlic?
Speaker 1: Why would Christian? You need to solve this with the taste tests.
Speaker 2: Make something with fresh gardict that make it with guard It from a jart rear will not be to tell the difference. I need to get a hold of Chef Ramsey. We need to reach out to the actual chef community. Actually, don't ask him. I can guess the spray, okay, anyone other than that, ask them, okay where they stand, or even just chefs listening to the show right now, garlic out the chart? Is there any real taste difference? Gianna used to the same brand as me. Okay, I don't know what's happened in the last two weeks.
Speaker 1: We can now receive pictures on the text.
Speaker 2: From listeners nervous about what I mean.
Speaker 1: Let's just keep but your favorite brand of chop garlic.
Speaker 2: That's not a euphemism, all right, So I want to know, now what is in your poll room? This is a very uniquely Australian thing and phrase, you know, put that in the pull room, Patsy, what's in your pull room?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 5: The love God.
Speaker 6: I don't have anything because I like to think I'm a little bit classier than that. But my husband has got these two figurines. People listeners will remember it. I think it was a bb emotion in the two thousands and it was like figurines of Boonie, David Boone and Ian Botham and they've got batteries in them and you he still got them? Yeah, yeah, we I was going to roadshow.
Speaker 2: I just look at the bottom in Queensland.
Speaker 1: This is about one.
Speaker 7: Australian me collectors.
Speaker 5: Items make mark my weird. So when you would watch.
Speaker 1: The Cricket Live is going straight?
Speaker 6: When you watch the Cricket Live, you put him next to the telly and when someone's out or whatever, they would have a phrase that have like I don't know, four or five different phrases.
Speaker 7: What it is like how za? Yeah, I remember it. It was.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wonder how many people listening also have still got those? Yeah.
Speaker 8: I saw it on Facebook Marketplace and place algorithm is insane and recently I got I got thinking about twenty five dollar to get the pair of Boonie and both of them.
Speaker 1: Ye, what's in your pool room? Oh?
Speaker 9: Look, for some reason, a lot of sporting greats put out tawny Port commemorative ports.
Speaker 1: So I've got one from Peter Sterling.
Speaker 9: It's so weird, it's it's so random, Sir Peter Sterling regularly great. I have an equivalent, like Gary Bucanaro said of Greg Williams, Superstar of the eighties, and it's this, this tawny port. Dennis Dell's got a Twny Port commemorative one as well. I don't know why they did that, but they did.
Speaker 2: Do you know when the show turns eight years old on June the fourth, maybe we should have a port to celebrate. How do you even go out organizing such a thing. We need to find out. We've got a couple of months ahead of us now. A commemorative port.
Speaker 5: Be a local winery that could help us out.
Speaker 1: So many around Australia.
Speaker 4: Who are Christian O'Connell show podcast?
Speaker 1: What is in your poll room? Oh?
Speaker 2: And good morning, Tooder just sent me a beautiful photo snap this morning. Up on the Gold Coast, stunning rainbow. All that refraction, reflection, refraction, double light penetration happening right there.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful thing. Janew Christian.
Speaker 2: I've got a bright red Bob Hawk drink dispenser in my pull room aka office at home. His head is the container for the drink you sent me. The attached photo that is a thing of beauty. Here, got it for my twenty first birthday. Only contains soft drinks when used.
Speaker 1: Sure question.
Speaker 2: In my poor room, I have a cabinet full of memorabilia from the David Bow movie Labyrinth, with a photo signed by the man himself and Jennifer Connelly. There some jess. This is an incredible one from Marcel Christian. I've got the brass sign from the Ritz Carton Hotel in Double Bay. It's where Michael Hutchins died. I did the refurbishment and they let me keep it as a memento Christian in my pool room. Sporting photos Arsenal soccer legend ian wright Michael Roach's famous mark for Richmond Viva Richard's Arsenal team photo Bazzani from When They Are Really Crap in the eighties.
Speaker 1: Why is that.
Speaker 2: Natsie's got Harley Davidson clock that sits inside a break disc signed by the V eight Kenny Brothers team from around twenty eleven. Christian, my husband has this Superman collection in the pool room. Christian, do not worry about the garlic snobs this morning coming for you?
Speaker 1: You do you? Mate? You do that sort thing?
Speaker 2: My wife and her girdly friends say that a lot, did you when they've had like four percent?
Speaker 1: Goes?
Speaker 4: You do you?
Speaker 1: Shall?
Speaker 7: You do you?
Speaker 2: I use garlic out of the jar all the time. Rey, you and the others have got too much time on the hands to bill garlic.
Speaker 1: I'm here for your mate.
Speaker 2: You do you, Santo, Christian, put some respect on its name. What you're talking about is called jarlick Oh Grasp's Grange.
Speaker 1: Now we have a.
Speaker 4: Christian Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, I have a very proud jar of garlic in my poor room. Martin, I'd love to see that beautiful worth her fortune collector's items. You to come Antiques roadshow, make it back to this country. Be sure to take that along to a town hall near you. So make sure it's in short as well. Actually all right, second week on you couldn't make it up. This is our search for the wildest story that is out there. You've got a wild story. We are looking for it, recording it. You couldn't make it up. Five thousand dollars. Since we hear the story, I'll just give you the money.
Speaker 1: We've got some great ones.
Speaker 2: At the moment, Christine had her worked in a shop, had the stereo stolen returned by the thief. He sent it back, paid someone to send it back in a taxi. Kevin, I can't. I don't even summarize this. It needs to be told by the great man himself. We got this Friday. It was something else.
Speaker 4: Made of mine.
Speaker 10: His gutters were full of leaves, so he threw a rope up and over the house, through the pagola and inside it to his wife's car because she was away, flowered himself down, tied the rope around his waist, and was cleaning out the gar Then he felt himself sliding up the roof. His wife had come home and was going to go to the shop, drove and dragged him up over the roof, ripped the pagola down. He landed on the driveway and tried to get to his feet to chase it down the drive way.
Speaker 12: The biggest injury he's had was.
Speaker 10: All holes in his bum from the roofscrews as he was slid up the roof.
Speaker 2: So mister Bean couldn't have orchestreets at a comedic moment like that, Oh we can.
Speaker 1: I kept thinking about that scene. Just incredible.
Speaker 2: Jess also hand this amazing story for you. Couldn't make it up.
Speaker 3: I gave birth to my second son in the car while my husband was driving. As we got to the end of the street, his head crowned. I said to USand we're not going to make it. Then, yeah, ten seconds later his head was out. Another ten seconds later I just kind of grabbed him put him up onto my chest.
Speaker 1: Incredible scenes. All right.
Speaker 2: Now, this story I wasn't going to share on air, but producer Tina begged me, begged me before today's show to do the sunglasses and the fish story on air. Tina listened. Maybe I was wrong. I think the story needs to be aired. It's one for the pull room. Peter Christiana's fishing with my friend. We came out of Late mcquarie. My friend called a flathead and when I was using the land and now I dropped it and it was floating away. My friend jumped in to retrieve it, but he had his sunglasses on. He lost them in the water. We went back to fishing. The next fish he caught had the sunglasses.
Speaker 1: His sunglasses on its heads. No, what a story.
Speaker 2: Story now, it almost never made it on air with Tina. I'm sorry, madness, what a.
Speaker 7: Story he's.
Speaker 1: I mean? George is a classic movie, but kind of a pair of son Roy Schneider's. Yes, Sonny's on there. What a story? You couldn't make it up?
Speaker 2: Christian Christian About forty years ago, I was working on a construction site. One lunch break ordered calamari and chips. Already he realized his hang on a minute on the front page. We then went to the park to eat my lunch, but couldn't he everything can fed the leftovers to the seagulls. One particular bird got a piece of calamari, shook it violently, and the calamari flew into the air about meter, then came straight back over the seagull's neck, wearing it like a necklace, and then got chased by three other seagulls as he was trying to get a lot of flying away and getting chased.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, poor seagull, he's a great But are they five grand?
Speaker 1: The seagull have.
Speaker 7: To justify that one to the company.
Speaker 2: Now this is this is this is some story christ And my sister was having her two yearly mammograms. She was in the room with the lady little scan and had her breast was in the machine and when they squeeze your boob tightly while she was getting the scan, the lady operating this tripped on her fell and broke her ankle a compound fracture.
Speaker 1: So my sister has a boob trapped.
Speaker 2: In the machine and the lady can't reach the button to release her as she's rolling around the floor in pain, and my sister couldn't get out to help. They were both screaming for help until eventually a little man came in to save the day, help the lady on the floor and also really release my sister's boob.
Speaker 1: Now that's that's a contender, all right.
Speaker 2: So if you've got a wild story, this show is on the search for all this week five thousand dollars. We'll go to the person that tells us the wildest story for you couldn't make it up. We're taking your calls now. Thirteen fifty five, twenty two.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Rod sayers, it's got a story for us for you couldn't make it up, Christian. Here we goes boarding a flight from Johanna's Burning to London in the nineties. While sitting in the plane at the boarding gate, announcement comes over the PA system. If missus Kay is on board, would she please make herself known to a flight attendant. A few minutes past repeat announcement, if missus Kay is on board, please make yourself known to the flight attendant. A few more minutes, another announcement about missus Kay. I'm gonna have to wait on board where we have a buggege luggage all unloaded. Thank your patience. After a ten minute delay, announcement was that we are cleared for departure. Five minutes after leveling up in the icy he smoked like loads of it coming out of an overhead locker and immediately think of missus Kay, So call the nearest flight attendant. I believe it's to the fact that she must have skipped keeping calm in the face of possible disaster one on one she screamed shit.
Speaker 7: He stayed calm.
Speaker 1: She screamed shit.
Speaker 2: I thought, well, it's been a good life so far. I kissed my wife goodbye, closed my eyes and laid back and thought of never making it to Britain. Fortunately, flight attendant regained. A composer called for the on bold engineer who looked at the locker and said, oh so mate, it's.
Speaker 1: This con.
Speaker 7: Question.
Speaker 2: We never found out what happened to missus. Kay, that's up there with the klamari. Put it in the poor uom. This is the end condensation, make water drop. That's it's a fraction coming in and through the light like a lolly. To calm down, sir. Rob's on the line now, Rob joins us.
Speaker 12: Coome morning, Rob, how are you Christian?
Speaker 2: I'm good Rob, welcome to the show. Thank you, and what's your story for us?
Speaker 1: She couldn't make it up.
Speaker 12: Ah. I was back in the late sixties. I was a young kid and living up at Orange and one morning that the dog was at the front window. Oh, Bart, and it's head off. And we went and had a look and there's three elephants drinking out of the front front tap. So my mum rang the police and they said, oh yeah, okay, what's police arrest? And eventually they get there and by that time the people from the circus, they'd run away from the circus. They come and got the elephants because they never came and paid the excess water bill.
Speaker 2: Others a lot in those trucks. Rob, great story. Thank you very much for sharing me. Noes Marika, good morning.
Speaker 13: Oh him, my name's Marika. How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good and very good. Welcome to the show. What is your story for? You couldn't make it up?
Speaker 13: Well, I'm only sharing it because I have a chance to win some money, because it's really bad. Once I was backpacking in my teenage and I was in Europe and visited Moscow with my cousins and one of them to just said, they let's go to this underground color you know club. So we went to this underground club which is supposed to be really cool and hip, and when we walked in, there was all these televisions like around the club of like semiclad and underwear wearing men and women, and I thought, okay, that's a bit weird, that's a bit Russian. Yeah, So a little while later I went to the bathroom and when I was sitting in the store, I was looking and I noticed that there's two flushes. There was one flush that just said normal flush, and there was the other flush that said extreme flush. And I was like, what's extreme flush? I'm going to have to press this and I pressed it and nothing happened, and so I was like, Okay, that's weird. And I went downstairs and the whole entire bar was looking at me, and I was like, what I must be loo really good tonight. And then I looked up and there was me on the toilets. On every screen in the entire bar, you could see everything.
Speaker 7: So bad is an extreme flash?
Speaker 1: My lord? Extreme flash?
Speaker 2: That's maybe misread it, you know mostco lettering, I don't know, Russian critic, classic Russian rush.
Speaker 13: What well, yeah, so that's it.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, you wouldn't make that up. You shouldn't. What a crazy story, Marik, Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Looking a few incredible stories. You couldn't make it up? What do we think of this one? It's only a couple of lines. It's just the casualness of this, like it's oh yeah, that's yes, happened a lot. Here this one Christian. My mum fell out of a window on a Here. She fell out of a window. The second floor window in her house was on a hill. Our uncle happened to be walking below and caught her.
Speaker 1: Come on, no he's not.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, tell you why five k five thousand reasons to lie never happened. Oh what are the odds, old uncle biddy Marie in my arms? No, sir, no, no, no. However, I have true crime story of the decade, Christian. Last week I caught the training Whilst waiting for the train to come, I noticed a man sitting on the platform with a bag of fish and chips. He wasn't really eating them, He's just sort of letting them air. It started to tract seagulls, as you can imagine, it began to circle him on the platform. Instead of shimming the birds away, the man offered them a few chips he tossed one foot away, just s from him. He was beckoning them to him to come close. He kept doing this, eking the chips out slowly intil there's a big group of seagulls in front of them. I'm talking fifteen or twenty A tiny army of seagulls. He'd throw them a chip every now and then, just enough to keep them interested, but not enough to satiate them. It was frustrating. They were getting angry, attacking each other, squawking. It was like he was rearing them up for something. Then the train come, everyone got on. The man stayed on the ground with the chips. The train was about to leave, and then it happened Christian. Right before the doors closed, the man threw the entire bag of chips into the train. The entire flock of seagulls followed the bag. The doors closed inside the train pandemonium.
Speaker 7: That is diabolical.
Speaker 1: True crime story of the dead out.
Speaker 7: That is literally like the Junker.
Speaker 2: Oh, you'd be so angry screaming can be screaming?
Speaker 1: Can it?
Speaker 2: We're all there, aren't We can imagine the scenes. Keep you mind your own business. And suddenly some terrorist trucks a bag of chips, Chucks piffs, a bag of chips in there follow us swarm of angry seagulls now flapping their enormous wings.
Speaker 7: It's like Steve Iwin's evil twin.
Speaker 2: All right, go wow, Chris, Thank you very much for sharing that story. All right, we got the latest news and sport, and then we've got the brand new time waster for now until tomorrow. You can still email me your stories. We'll get them on the show tomorrow. Five thousand dollars up for grabs. You couldn't make it up. Christian at christiano'connell dot com.
Speaker 4: Today you the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Pandemonium has waited for us.
Speaker 2: There like a man throwing a bag of chips and twenty seagulls into a train carriage. Got a story all right, Time for today's time waster. Today we're asking to make a movie Australian. Next month. Harry and Meghan are coming back to Australia.
Speaker 1: Prince Harry, Meghan, the.
Speaker 2: Duke and Duchess or Sussex confirm their visit Australia at mid April, making the first trip back in seven years. Private business engagements, Now, team, let's get.
Speaker 1: Harry on the show. When Harry met Christian how him? I've been waiting for him all these years.
Speaker 2: Partner of Advance, refer to me as a frontier broadcaster.
Speaker 1: If you can hear my words.
Speaker 2: Back home in England, I have Harry here can you hear me London, get Harry when Harry met Christian like it? Do you know what if you looked at them, they're not doing a single thing. They're just sort of sat there. Do you want to start getting a pen out? Get on the phone, get the rollerdeckx out? Have you ever had a royal on the show until mid April this year?
Speaker 1: Rio? When Harry met you get it? It's good? All right?
Speaker 2: Make a movie Australian The Silence of the Lamington Gold.
Speaker 1: The immune strikes back. Still it beat you in a war? Okay, that strikes back fear. We love the movie.
Speaker 2: You've got Mail right, Oh my god, this trading version of that. You've got Mana, you've got.
Speaker 1: What about the four X files? Gold Aliens drinking great beer? Yeah, Palmer of.
Speaker 2: The Opera, of the opera is here. If that wasn't austraighty musical, that would that would sell out.
Speaker 1: Better than anything Broadway could come up with.
Speaker 2: Come on, Andrew Lloyd, where we get that typewriter out mane and make the musical looked much?
Speaker 1: He does?
Speaker 2: He cracks someone out of the little Olivetti Ada mansion.
Speaker 1: All right, real, what have you got to make a movie?
Speaker 2: Australian Honey, I shrunk the kidman's Oh that's very good.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 7: Plus yeah, Nana Land, that's also gold.
Speaker 8: Diding go unchained silver and broke out back mountain.
Speaker 1: That's another goal. Good ones today. All right, what have you got them? Make a movie?
Speaker 2: Australian textam in four seven five three one O four three.
Speaker 4: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow On the show, what are the artswery about? Your stories of coincidence and chance? Also you could claim it one story away could be yours five thousand dollars in you couldn't make it up.
Speaker 1: Natalie has got a contend to hear.
Speaker 2: She thinks, Christian, this is my favorite story all time and happened to my brother a few years ago. He was in the d He was in the dentist's chair getting a crown put in and the dentists accidentally dropped the crown as you're trying to attach your After search of it, they realized it must have disappeared down my brother's throat. At the dentist insistence, my brother was instructed to search his own xcment over the next couple of days to get it, because said these crowns were expensive and now they're thousands. Was about four days of searching through his own My brother gave up. I'm not doing this anymore, I thought, But lomb behold on the fifth day, it's also something like the Bible.
Speaker 1: On the fifth day, there it was.
Speaker 2: My brother retrieved it, returned it to the dentist, where the dentists cleaned it thoroughly.
Speaker 7: No no, no, no no no.
Speaker 2: He did put it back in my brother's Christian. The best part of the story it didn't end up charging him. He got the crown for free. You think so too, You'd think so too, Natalie. Great story though, All right, time way today make a movie. Australian Prince Harry and Meghan are coming back to Australian Prince Harry will be on this show guaranteed.
Speaker 1: Just go, he's going to saw that.
Speaker 2: The mere formalities given. Just telling your friends he's coming on. Driving Miss Daisy down to Kasher Cans in a silver.
Speaker 1: Yes, Snaggenheimer silver plus.
Speaker 2: Today's time we're making a movie Australian poker quantas.
Speaker 1: Oh god, now that's more like it.
Speaker 2: What done Joe King Thong silver Puss, I'm Richard, no country for old mate.
Speaker 1: Silver dastong Bo. That's very good.
Speaker 2: Darren Gunning, well done, Donny Drongo, I love the fresh Stronger.
Speaker 1: Danny Powell, well done.
Speaker 2: Scott's got Bogan the Barbarian.
Speaker 1: Silva Scott, that should have win the gold. Harry Potter and.
Speaker 2: The philippoosas Stone, not Philoso the Stone, the Philippoosas come on the gotta.
Speaker 1: Win a gold. Anthony, well done. That is very good. Harry Potters on the philipoosas Stone. Four and twenty Weddings and a Funeral Silver, The VB Movie Silver, and he gett you goon. Wow, we want a reference for that fifties sixties and you get your gun the Younger Demo confuse right now? Silver plus and then go and have a look on chat GPT.
Speaker 2: What does it find you but an he gets your goon? Bogan's run Gold, Bob work down, Ip the great Man, Yes, Ricky Well, the hills Hoist have eyes, Oh, Silver, The Legend of Basavants Gold, twenty thousand Rugby Leagues under the Sea Silver plus. Kerry Kiribilly Elliott, that's gold. Very good, Joel, that is very good. Kiribilly Elliott. Karen Brockovich went over my head oh, he's very good. I had to read it a couple of times so that it's so king. That's very smart. Palmageddon silver plus, Citizen Shane Gold Weekend at.
Speaker 1: Russell Koit's bronze, Albanezi Rider. I read it up.
Speaker 7: It's good, Alba, thank you.
Speaker 2: Maybe I should not doing prank calls. This elbow brustol vegjam tea silver bar. All right, who is the winner today? Farm make a movie Australium.
Speaker 8: It's got to be Harry Potter and the philippousas Stone.
Speaker 2: Definitely well done, Anthony with an h. I'm off to buy some more chup garlic in a jar. Today we found out it's called Jarlick. We're about tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Take care Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast, HiT's a Chemist Warehouse and save more money every year on your regular medication with discount of prescriptions in every store every day