Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts. You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh my word, I look out a window. Is that clative blue sky?
Speaker 4: Melbourne?
Speaker 1: Don't tease me, don't tease me? Is it gonna be gray within a half an hour? And horrible helstones yesterday? Yeah, when we were having the photo show, I thought possums were out of the day, and at it it was actual helstones?
Speaker 4: Is that what that racket was?
Speaker 1: Yes? Right? Is it a nice day today?
Speaker 5: No? Oh god, sorry to rain on your parade, but not as bad as yesterday. Yesterday was sunshine. Actually it was weird. No, just cloudy though, but at least it's not like hail and armageddon today.
Speaker 4: Seven degrees though right now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's going to be twenty today though, and then twenty four tomorrow. Is all right.
Speaker 1: It's confusing at the moment. Yeah, the weather is confusion.
Speaker 5: I think it's confused.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yesterday was like a winter's day. The one of our daughters came home for dinner from university and so her and my my wife's stage of coup against me to put the heating on. I did the old go and get hoodie dads, and they were like, we don't know where they are. When I've got two, I can go and get right now. We don't need the heating on its spring and they were like, it's and it was cold. I didn't want to. I need to hold a line sometimes just pointlessly, and of course within ten seconds, I'm putting the heating on.
Speaker 6: What is it about dad's heating and electricity when it's appropriate?
Speaker 1: No, No, I don't mind. I don't care about the electricity. I'm the worst one. I like to leave certain lights on throughout the night. Oh really, that way when I get up in the morning, it's easier to maneuver around the house.
Speaker 5: I like that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we have a.
Speaker 1: Lot on a runway. They don't turn out at night.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And it's a bit more welcoming, isn't it.
Speaker 1: That's why I think it's like I think someone's lit for me, yes, like a beacon. Yeah, that's it enough, hope. That's the only friend I have in the house that morning is a dim light bulb that light a small, tiny lighthouse. So yesterday we had the team photo shoot, and there we'll be two months yesterday because I came in to do the show yesterday and I'd opened a gash on my forehead and it was a problem. But the wonders of makeup and photo shop. You will never know when those posters hit the billboards. No one will know that there is a manky old gash on my.
Speaker 4: Head unless you get really close to the billboard. Somehow, I don't know why you.
Speaker 1: Already shouldn't be doing the makeup. Lady Beth got what was a small trowel like a trade would use to do some plass, and filled in the crack in my head, used like three quarters of her the rest of a year's makeup supply.
Speaker 4: You actually couldn't see it. I forgot that you had.
Speaker 1: It if you got close, so I thought, because everyone kept saying, you can't see the cash in your head. It was only when I went home and looked at myself in the mirror, because it's what was obviously was just so much makeup.
Speaker 6: You had a completely new skin toe.
Speaker 1: And then I showered and I was like, this is the real you. I want to go back now. I get why women put makeup on you look and feel different. You're like, oh my god, this is who I really am under this.
Speaker 5: I've always skin I've always said I read the news better with a bit of lipstick on.
Speaker 1: Those things make a difference.
Speaker 5: Honestly, feel like I do if I don't got.
Speaker 1: To say, Pats, it looks incredible, thank you. The outfits were like passing your outfits was so glamor.
Speaker 5: We had the best team yesterday Meg and Beth he did.
Speaker 1: I was just so unlike Pats. No, it's not about us.
Speaker 4: I don't think.
Speaker 1: This morning a lovely team and it's such a good team energy at the moment, Pants should just high five. People will never seeing me.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 1: Who's Meg?
Speaker 5: She's a stylist.
Speaker 1: But to think that was Aiden not wasn't a damn aiden? A damn school.
Speaker 5: There was three of them. There are a lot of people, but the head one was Meg.
Speaker 1: Right rio your first photo shoot, how did you find it? It's a lot. I noticed in some people listening thinking it's a lot. It is. At one point I timed it. It took forty eight minutes to take one photo of me because there are eight people on the position. Your feet slightly took close together Can you move your left foot slightly ninety degree angle? That's too much. Can you move your hands? No too vigorously? Lower your hands high your hands, lower your hands, tilt forward? Why did he wants to tilt forward?
Speaker 4: Until it was killing austrangers?
Speaker 1: Think, I've got no gravity control a leaning guy, and.
Speaker 4: It takes a real toll on the groups, work guys. The whole sauce so much I put put there.
Speaker 1: I've got a theogon. When my wife came in yesterday, I had that theragon right in my ass and I paused it when I have got an explotion. That's my story anyway, Why are you naked?
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: It's Wednesday. We do not recognize Humday Wednesday on this show. I think that's a self fulfilling prophecy. If you're going to go no, it's Someday Wednesday, it lowers you energy anyway. Even saying that, when people say, oh, it's Homday, they're like hypnotized themselves into a trance state that it's Humday Wednesday. It is Wednesday. It's halfway thank you here, it's halfway through the week. You see it like half time. You reassess, how's it gone so far? You probably haven't got half the stuff you want to do when you start on the week on Monday, but you've still got time over the next two or three days. So on a Wednesday we go six word weeks so far? Six words? Tell us the store of your weeks so far? Alex, what's it for you?
Speaker 7: Bonnies my wife, Bonnie's torn.
Speaker 1: Ministers joined the show, Money my warf. Borat's moved on, It's got a new wife. I'd love to see Alex in a MANKINI I would not starts the photo shoot.
Speaker 7: Let me tell you no way in the world.
Speaker 1: Oh God, sasually Baron Cohen, No, thank you. Hey.
Speaker 8: Bonnie's torn meniscus a massive inconvenience to her.
Speaker 1: You me three kids.
Speaker 7: Oh look, I mean she's gone and done her knee.
Speaker 8: So she was trying to kids to do how to do cutwheels in the park the other day and she's coma guts up and it's gone, and it's she's heard something pop in her knee.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, poor thing. Yeah, yeah, she's heart winning years are over. Bonnie Bracket Alex's wife.
Speaker 8: The physio, and the physio has gone Oh, this happens a lot with parents.
Speaker 7: They still think they've got it in them to do these things.
Speaker 1: God show the kids how to do. This is me during the Chips of Fiji a couple of months ago, when there was one of those adults sort of workout places, and my girls goes, what's they're doing dips? I sally do loads of those. Nah. I did two and I heard a pop and a tear on my shoulder just gave way and I heard one of my kids. Oh god. Dad tried to show it was nothing. Great roast belly and day goes by. I don't realplay that.
Speaker 3: Oh god.
Speaker 1: He tried to shows what happened. It was Christian O'Connell. It was nothing. What did he have? Nothing?
Speaker 6: Actually, when I was at Oasis a couple of weeks ago and there was a group of young kids starting a mosh pit during cigarettes and alcohol, this.
Speaker 4: Older guy, bold guy, thought I'll join.
Speaker 6: In with the kids. He jumped in. He did a hammy about three sort of.
Speaker 1: Minutes mid a dude during the coin toss for the hammy.
Speaker 4: Something going on anyway, poor thing.
Speaker 1: This happened to a friend of mine. His kid got one of those micro scooters and he was going, I used to be an avid skateboard. The kid goes, yeah, right, he goes watch it, literally, watch this. His last word went to push off like post. Someone skate up, gets air.
Speaker 4: Comes down, just shattered.
Speaker 1: Shatted a year of recovery. Oh my god, he heard himself. Watch this. He's on the ground screaming in pain and his kids points get laughing, and Dan's lolling around. He's going cold.
Speaker 4: Can watch this?
Speaker 1: So yeah, how many mums or dads have got a story like watch this? Or oh yeah, I used to do loads of these dips cartwheels and it's a four.
Speaker 8: To six week layoff. Is in a bad way. Yeah, she's hobbling around and she wants.
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 9: Are you getting help? Because you've got two jobs. We're not going to help. So I had to sort of carry a few things. Yesterday it's swimming, which was a you know, you're right, you know, carry the two bags three.
Speaker 1: Hours hiding a photo shoe and Bunny they're holing on. I want what sympathy from you? Yeah, and she needs it. Was in a knee brace.
Speaker 8: No no, but she's got another physio appointment on Friday, So she's just got to really try and lay off it and like put ice on it, which.
Speaker 1: Is as a mum, that's like it's impossible exactly with a husband who's you know, hiding his way looking around on daytime TV reading news that once an hour now he is, you know, you got fifty eight minutes in between news bulletins on Channel seven going to the shop, prepp dinner behind the scene, Yeah, chops potatoes, Yeah, I do some vegs prep.
Speaker 9: Yeah, anyway, whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not good. So but yeah, as a parent you said, and also this Timmy as her parent's really quiet. With the run up to Christmas six weeks she'd be just about getting on Christmas Eve. You got to prepare all the dinner body for tomorrow. Test it can't well into the kitchen body.
Speaker 8: Parents listening know that you can't rest when you've got small children.
Speaker 1: Then they just go stay off at That's it's not possible. Not possible. Children don't let you stay off at anything, unless, of course, you win today's Star prize thanks to Adriatic Furniture, which is a feud Recliner and Ottoman perfect should win it today. Assituate you to call it seven thirty six.
Speaker 4: The rules are Rules.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Perha's see what's your six word weeks so far? How's it going?
Speaker 5: Had my very first time massage. I've never had a time massage.
Speaker 1: They are for the best.
Speaker 5: They are. I really needed it. I've got this frozen this is all about our injuries this morning. I've got this frozen, frozen shoulder that kind of goes all down my left side, down my leg and I was just in so.
Speaker 1: Much better now that you should get that scene too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I've been to the physio and stuff and I just really it was so tight. I just needed someone to get in there and basically absolutely pummel me, like just really.
Speaker 1: No, that is a time assage. Yes, I mean I've had them in Thailand and they're only like five bucks and they're in this shack and there's like twelve ladies on beds like giggling about stiff foreigners and they straddle you. I know one of them when I was there when wet the start of the year, I was face down and suddenly she's on top of me and I'm face down and I was like, she's like pummeling my spine and I was obviously making a bit of noise. She she leant forward and don't be baby.
Speaker 10: Mad, and I was like, wow, baby man, but it does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, sorry for me.
Speaker 1: Wait was so vulnerable right now, don't be baby mad?
Speaker 5: Well I didn't.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I sort of went into it a bit blind because I didn't realize exactly what it was. So when I walked in the room, the beds are extra wide, like.
Speaker 1: You need to because it's room for two.
Speaker 5: I thought that's weird. Oh well, just go with it. And then I'm face down and then so I didn't see the lady come in and.
Speaker 1: They like Ninja's suddenly you know, they're like looming up with that oil on their hands, and next minute they're on you. Bloody hell, give me a countdown, jump on the top rope.
Speaker 5: Here she leapt up onto the bed, straddled me with her feet either side, and I thought, oh, okay, she means business. This is going to be good. It's gonna hurt, but jeez, it's going to be good.
Speaker 4: And it was.
Speaker 5: And then at the end, when I sort of sat up groggly on the side of the bed, I looked at her and she was this tiny little girl but had those strongest hands.
Speaker 1: Grip strength of women that they used their feet stopping in my arms, her feet in my arm pitch and I was like, is this chip or is this just for fun? And her other colleague like laughing at me. She was like rocking. I don't think it was part of the technique. I think it was the end of the day and she just had some fun. This is what we did with all the men. It's no happy ending for you.
Speaker 5: I just felt like a gumby bear the whole time. But Jesus feels good. I think I'm due to go again. She said, you should come again in like two weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should come all the time. You're the most tense human probably.
Speaker 6: I actually sometimes Patty makes me give her massages in her What.
Speaker 7: Now, I told you this isn't people.
Speaker 1: Down the corner. There's a light and you can call if you're being harassed to work. I saw something mean.
Speaker 5: She makes no no.
Speaker 1: I think she was just because he's gay doesn't make it all right.
Speaker 6: Pats coming here coming, I'm really tight my bathroom.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no no.
Speaker 4: And she some of the big biggest not you care, don't call them that it's getting weird.
Speaker 1: Now, my guys, please keep it clean on the radio. Anyway. The question I was asking, how is your week going so far? A lot is happening right now. Let's all call down and have the news.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Any guy will know what I'm talking about. Where there's a certain age where you're normally in your owny teens and your voice arts to break and it's the crack of puberty. And I just heard it just now with Alex finally coming of age and it's a lovely, pretty young man, but it's just a little bit embarrassing when you're on radio and suddenly puberty is knocking at the door. There you go, gold Sport, Love, welcome, it's a coming of age. I'm all here to be of support to you right now once more. There you go, gold Sport. My favorite voice break bit ever is John Hamm. Last year's Super Bowl, he was bringing out his team, the Kansas City Chiefs, and he just was a great moment for John ham You bring, but he starts way too high a register and there's only one way that voice is gonna go. It's gonna crack list. The actor John ham bringing out the Kansas City Chiefs at the Super Bowl last year. Belly, I think every month I watched this clip once or twice. It always does something to defend Gee, it's too high ba Hammi's voice. It's only one way it's gonna go. Listeners to time defending super.
Speaker 9: Hard to recover, Hard to recover the old testy part.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, it's time for this week's what's the year?
Speaker 4: Do you know what they released?
Speaker 11: Free Willie? Was it eighty nine or nine three? Or when did Tyna record Life? Four Brands? I'm not very good with taste. Does anybody and they know?
Speaker 4: What's the year? Again?
Speaker 7: What's the year?
Speaker 4: My friend?
Speaker 1: All right? TV shows, movie songs, the team taking each other on. You're playing along as well, dear listener, what was the year? We go back to? Must gave it away? We go back? We have to. It's a nature of the game. Can't go forward. I've tried to make that one. What's the future year? My friend?
Speaker 4: Ming girls.
Speaker 1: Generation Lindsey No, Lindsey Lohan, Rachel McAdams, y, Tina Bay. Good movie. Great, but you're right, very much of an era. But what was that era?
Speaker 4: I reckon two thousand and five.
Speaker 1: Oh, I got excited. The decade was right.
Speaker 5: Oh that's got deflating, what a pro that's.
Speaker 1: Life though, you get from hero to zero half a second.
Speaker 5: See, I would have even seen nearly late nineties because to me, they.
Speaker 1: Get it lowhand lohand.
Speaker 5: Kind of a timeless But I'm going to say two thousand and one.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and three, two thousand and four. Both you boys are very very very close. All right, let's go to Okay, this song what a big iconic hits. We all know the decade, but what was he here within aforementioned decades?
Speaker 7: I was about you, right, I reckon.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say, oh, what's the later?
Speaker 12: Eighty four, eighty eight, nineteen eighty seven, nineteen eighty six, This just smells eighties?
Speaker 4: Still a good song, this great album as.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, almost smell the hair chilling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure came on Richie Sambo as well. All right, she won the shows of our times. Stranger Things back in our lives very very soon.
Speaker 6: I'm currently sleeping very badly because of the Stranger Things.
Speaker 1: You're binge watching it to get up to speed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's a great show, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Brilliant. It's so good, really really really smart show. But yeah, it's scary, haven't so much. When did it first start though, it's been running for quite a while.
Speaker 5: I'm say twenty twenty two.
Speaker 13: If we've done five, twenty twenty one, twenty twenty, you'r edging bets, so they guys, you know what, But look, it's a big moment.
Speaker 1: There you go, gold Sport twenty sixteen.
Speaker 5: No, it was a long gap between sixteen.
Speaker 1: It takes a lot to write them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, really.
Speaker 1: We've got wrangling David Harber google.
Speaker 4: It a decade nine years.
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there have been gaps between them. It takes a lot. We can't people to come up with these whole storyline, write them, rewrite them, cast and filming. Anyway, I don't need to be out the whole pot one defending the production schedule. I was working for the show. Then. Anyway, let's go back to music.
Speaker 4: And an them decades. This is this something from the movie American Time.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm gonna say two thousand and one.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I'm gonna say I want to sing in.
Speaker 1: The wrong way. Two thousand and three, too fast, thousand and two, thousand. All right, now, this movie very close to my heart. One of the greatest trilogies in movie making. It's in a company with Dark Knight, the Original Star Wars Trilogy, the Toy Story Movies, Godfather, the Borm Trilogy. I'm talking keep their eyes down. There's some sort of padding over there, probably all three of them. No, thank you, Oh, a little friend from Peru.
Speaker 5: I's going to say. There's a production on the west end of that at the moment.
Speaker 4: Like a musical.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of Paddington. And it's an animated it's a person in it. Like, it's phenomenal. You have to go online and have a.
Speaker 4: Way you go to a theater to watch an animated.
Speaker 5: Animated So it's a man in a.
Speaker 1: Suit animated, but he's pretty animated because he's a human being.
Speaker 5: His face is like mechanically it's phenomenal. Right now, I'm not it's a real life Paddington. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Like that horse the other stage, actual horse better than rights been invaded by Trump.
Speaker 5: This was great. I loved huing this.
Speaker 1: NA tell you asue Bible Paddington, the original Paddington.
Speaker 5: What do you mean the original, Well, there's three of them.
Speaker 1: You're locked out. Okay, now you're in all over the place Rio, Oh so close Alex.
Speaker 14: Twenty sixteen, oh fourteen, what that means?
Speaker 1: Twenty fourteen? All right. Two songs we enjoyed hearing the clips of or what do we come back with after the ads? Let's do it?
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good Morning Hannah Christian teenage dirtbag song was in the movie Loser with Jason Biggs Non American Pie Goods Knowledge Hannah win a point Jason Biggs name of the two thousands? Yes, did she was the big star? I mean we said that it was everywhere. The American Pie movies were huge, just so many of them. Like that same movie doesn't do so well now, you know, it's very much offered time changed thankfully. How that became like the biggest movie of that decade says a lot about our mentality then that I think children are paying a price for, you know, you could look at like the iconic you know we talked about Robert Redford has passed away a couple of weeks ago. The movies of those incredible storytelling movies of the seventies and then coming into the eighties and nineties, and then suddenly American pie is the biggest thing of the world. Was my stiffless mum the piece. What does that say about the modern world? It ain't great. This is the funniest thing ever. All right, there's time for extreme opinions. Some extreme opinions I've got right now. Okay, anyone replies to an old company email should be fined. Yes, a month's salary. Yeah, those idiots.
Speaker 4: Everyone does it here like this and you can't escape it. That's the worst.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 4: There's no way to sub out of it. You're completely trapped.
Speaker 1: Yes, adults who say just manifest it are not adults. You've never done a tax return. You don't just manifest it. If I only worked like that, just manifest it. No, it just doesn't work like that, or we'd all be on our backside. Manifesting ferraris rating salaries. Just manifest it. Have you tried manifestation?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: I have? And the other one then opinions. Couples who share Facebook accounts.
Speaker 14: I yeah, you're right, once or twice a year one will get through the filters I've set up here at work, and I'm like, whatever you're saying isn't coming on my show.
Speaker 1: I don't want a reward. That's kind of behavior. You know, couples sharing Facebook accounts and email addresses.
Speaker 6: Well, I haven't seen the Facebook account it is.
Speaker 1: It's people of a certain age, Rio, Right, Okay, When this was a big thing before Instagram or TikTok, when Facebook was like the way to stay connected with friends. Now it's a wait to get irritated with friends and their political views.
Speaker 5: And it's always that couple that have to do like an annual update just before Christmas to.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah my Instagram.
Speaker 6: My partner needs to stay way away, but only bad things will come if he.
Speaker 4: There's no way they can be joined together.
Speaker 1: All right, strong opinions, What have you got? Rio?
Speaker 6: I feel very passionately that if you're at a restaurant and one table is singing Happy birthday to everyone to someone on the table, Sorry, everyone in the restaurant should join in and sing happy birthday with that table.
Speaker 4: You're wrong, notes, No, do you use me, You're a grown up.
Speaker 1: No. Why do our strangers need to sing happy birthday to you?
Speaker 4: Because you're not miserable?
Speaker 1: This is what's wrong with the world right now. Everyone's feelings need to be validated. We're not that special.
Speaker 4: It's this special day though once a year.
Speaker 1: It's ten.
Speaker 4: No, it's like a big no, like a big choir no, like a mom.
Speaker 1: I don't know who you are. Okay, no, but that's have you.
Speaker 6: It happened recently last weekend and the whole restaurant was singing, and it was a beautiful moment of community celebration.
Speaker 4: You know what it is.
Speaker 1: It's a fake knee joke moment of poe. You heard it. I said it, faux community. You're doing it because you had to. Did you buy them anythink? I didn't know where it's the community.
Speaker 3: Do you?
Speaker 1: You don't even know their name?
Speaker 6: But that Yeah, that is getting a bit awkward when you get to the birthday.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do I feel most sorry for the staff? How many of those in an average week to get and also what I feel sorry for those tables that insist the staff lean into it. They never tip and they come they never tip. Babe tipped me, you know, barely making minimum wage in his job to sing old Lord fancy pants Happy birthday out the back of washing pants did not get received, So I thought it was we live in adolescent times. Toddlers are running countries and now we're supposed to sing happy birthday to each other. You're a grown ass. Per birthdays are very different anyway, It's cool. Strong opinions. What is your strong opinion? Texas? Now?
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: It's been googling about Salvos and can you take clean, freshly launded there as we're downside seeing now we're empty nestas. We've got lots of pretty pretty new, good condition bedsheets and downers want to throw them away to Salvos. You can take them. They will recycle them. And they're just looking at what they will accept and want. They won't accept God damn it. They won't accept weapons. What am I meant to do with these nunchucks? Where do I go? Now? With them? Free to a good home. But they won't take weapons. Who's going in with like a mace or jousting stick to Salvos.
Speaker 6: Someone must have otherwise they wouldn't's just turning up with the samurai, so it madam, No, it was my grandfather's.
Speaker 1: All right. Extreme opinions, what's yours? Four seventy five three one oh four three Christian if an entire restaurant was singing Happy birthday? Then I think Rio crashed a private function, adding me right, is that kind of guy? Vanessa? You Christian? If I'm not getting a piece of a birthday cake, I'm not singing you happy birthday? Okay, okay, fair all Christian extreme opinion. The a f L wild Card Round is a joke and crash grab. One hundred percent Christian crocs should be banned.
Speaker 5: Yes, I agree.
Speaker 1: Style which which pervs on this show have crossed? Show her hands shows, Oh my kids, I don't mind, but adults it's disgusting.
Speaker 4: Kaylen even has I think fur lined.
Speaker 1: I've seen them and the smells worse. And when she shovels that bulb gone in, you know you get fur. It's going to make the foot sweat. It's anti social of work, you know, keep.
Speaker 5: It behind the front door. I say, if you.
Speaker 4: Get indoors would not accept that.
Speaker 1: And weapons on crocs there, Patsy, what's yours? It'll be good.
Speaker 5: This is my number one gripe and that is people who insist on reversing into a car park. And it's okay if you get it done once, but they don't, and you should smash it with rear vision cameras. In most cars.
Speaker 1: It's three or four attempts, while we three or four the rest of the world have to just sit there.
Speaker 5: I watched a bloke yesterday in my local supermarket seven attempts to try it.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, it should be just one and done. Maybe two, three, three is.
Speaker 5: Bad turned around in mate, give up, just drive into it because you're holding everyone else up trying to prove a point.
Speaker 10: What does my head in the audacity of this.
Speaker 5: It's like, don't if you can't nail it, do not bother.
Speaker 6: Okay, so you don't mind them doing it if they can get it in one.
Speaker 5: If you're a good drive.
Speaker 1: One and done, well done, Yeah, good on you going to get behind the marketing campaign, happy to the voiceovers for a decent rate.
Speaker 5: But if you're going to be like Austin Powers in that scene, narrow.
Speaker 7: Get it. And it says a lot about a person who assumes that everyone's going to wait for them.
Speaker 1: We have to, no, guys. The she audacity of it just does.
Speaker 5: My head in and it's I don't know why you have, Like, what are you have? You got a quick get away? You're gonna hold the place up and need to like go in at why are you reversing into a park?
Speaker 1: Some of those the size of some of those oversized utes, come on, you live it. You drive around the burbs. There's no way you're off roading in that thing. There's no mud on it. They're like immaculate, there's no mud anywhere. You're not camping. You know, you've got a tiny toolbox in the back. I don't even a trade kind of just an insecure guy with a small peepe.
Speaker 6: They take up the whole bay line your door.
Speaker 1: They got that kind of whatever, the bowl wattages, lumens that they have in a lighthouse that on both.
Speaker 4: The light why there's Hamagen lights.
Speaker 1: We all just have lights. And then they've got these great big.
Speaker 4: Things because they're higher. It's exactly your.
Speaker 1: Train for something coming towards you.
Speaker 7: American cars for America.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 1: American cars in America. You know. Of the second time this week, don't yankify us.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Wow wow, wow, something has blown up today just in the last few minutes, Patty, your extreme opinion about reverse parking, and I'm with you mate on this one. Right we've lost the listeners it's up to seventeen. I think Dave actually has gone a holiday. It's sixteen at the moment, and it's an old time high. We are peaking, peaking, peaking, phasing in the right way. I think that's what you meant to do, is reduce them as you go on. Three years anyway in the sand has been drawn between us and our dear listeners. They're coming for us backwards. They're reversing into the show. In one go, Christian, I drive one of those rams as you call them, the yank tank. I need it for towing capacities in my caravan, and I'm telling you now I get it done in one go, Carolyn, Sure you do, Christian. I'm a reverse parker because I work in construction. Site mandate reverse parking. If someone leaving the drive, you can see all around them and drive forward, preventing accents. I didn't think about that. I'm a one and go guy, Christian. Trust me, Christian. I think Passy is jealous because she's a lousy parker.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'll be put to the test any given day, and I absolutely I will be. I'm a phenomenal parker and got one hundred driving to me.
Speaker 1: I just said to Ray, I've got an idea. Just Rea, literally loads of these these texts coming in said I can do it one and done. My extreme opinion, people that don't reverse into the car park can't and a jealous of those that can. Hashtag one and done King Richards.
Speaker 4: A lot of men think they're one and done.
Speaker 6: I don't think under Sometimes under pressure it's hard.
Speaker 4: To back it up.
Speaker 1: I say, see what I've done, I'm I want to host in the next two weeks. Let's find Australia's best reverser. Yes, were set up a challenge or weeds a car park? Ye? Patsy says she can do it under pressure. Taking Patsy on Ye, I don't think you will do it under pressure?
Speaker 5: I will.
Speaker 1: I think you're a choker.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not on my driving test? Would stay?
Speaker 1: I love it all right? So okay, working time to back it up? Or what about these other ones? I've just come up with these last colornutes, the great Aussie backing? What about this one? We get a cup and then what do we call it? The back it up cup? With an actual cup up for grabs? Love that the Great Aussie? No I forgot to about anything else says this the great Ossie. This is a great, great parka geddon Oh.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 1: And it's just the utterly poplast back Mania twenty five. Like I said, it's working progress, all right. What do we do? Back It Up Cup?
Speaker 4: The back It Up Cup?
Speaker 1: I love?
Speaker 5: And we get a cup and they win a cup.
Speaker 1: When the yes, maybe the cup is at the edge of the Bay University into and you cannot if you knock it over, you do not claim they back it Up Cup?
Speaker 4: I love who is in who.
Speaker 1: Thinks that they can handle pressure like you've never had before. Sure, there's doing it in front of the lands on the site, or when you need to do it and there's a queue of traffic behind you. But live on air to the nation if you're up for this. Patsy is the first person in who will go against Patsy to refine to find Australia's best reverser for the Back It Up Cup. Side note, medal makers, cup makers, they're back into our lives. I need a cup made asap to Back It Up Cup, the inaugural Cup. Maybe we should do it every year.
Speaker 4: Yes, I like it, like the AO.
Speaker 1: Can you show me one of our flagship sporting events for driving athletes. Back It Up Cup.
Speaker 4: Marck It Up Cup, Mack It Up Cup.
Speaker 1: All right, lines are open now for back It Up Champs thirteen fifty five, twenty two. There you would go against pressure a nation and even higher states for Trina.
Speaker 3: Jones, Christian O'Connell show go On podcast.
Speaker 1: And so the Back It Up Cup came into being. Are your one and done reverse Parker? If so, we have the ultimate challenge. This has to happen next week on the show. Are you prepared to back it up? Live on the show? One and done reverse Parkers? Let's find out from the talkers, and who are the Parkers? The raining champ, self installed, self appointed, Patrina one and done Jones are though I've seen how you park out the front of the building, Shong.
Speaker 5: Key, go take a photo of it right now, and I carrying.
Speaker 1: I've got one from the other week where there was a wheel up on the curb and there's no other car next to you. Clearly you know, true, true, very true. All right, so we're gonna call this the back It Up Cup. Now, the team, I've already been scrabbling around. We've got some early goes at production for the back it Up cup.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, I'm thinking it's to.
Speaker 1: Shake it off, Tednis Swift, back it up, back it up. Patsy's gonna hate hey, hey, hey, then she's gonna choke, choke, choke.
Speaker 5: Joke Joe not not not, I'll show.
Speaker 4: You all right.
Speaker 1: So we are looking for who will take part next week. I prepared Australia to back it up lets fine as country's best reverse parker one and done legends, Claire one saying welcome Claire to back it up carp contenders.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Bring it on, Tats.
Speaker 15: You've got a challenge on your hands.
Speaker 5: How good are you?
Speaker 1: Clear?
Speaker 15: I have done numerous back up parks, reverse parking, under pressure outside in tight streets, crowds.
Speaker 6: Watching crowds, problems outside the g I'm a pro.
Speaker 1: Tonight before a c DC. Part of the pre show entertainment I.
Speaker 15: Have, but I don't yeh in this next tale, I do have reversed cameras, but I don't use that for my backing up.
Speaker 1: You and a lot of people want to know, right, this is a good point, Claire. Are we going to insist the cameras are turned off?
Speaker 15: You can actually well, I don't know if I can turn it off, but you can cover it up, definitely, not no problem at all.
Speaker 1: Wow, and you are are you driving this an X trail?
Speaker 15: Correct?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 1: How do you think you're going to cope with the pressure. You're good under pressure high states, going up.
Speaker 15: Against yes, yes, any parking, I'm good under pressure.
Speaker 1: It could be you, Claire as speak of some more contenders here, Lawrence, he's choking already, Lawrence.
Speaker 17: Yes, good Christian.
Speaker 1: How you doing, Lawrence? Lawrence? Lawrence, how do you think you get on there? Are you're prepared to back it up with the cup?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 17: I'd be automatic.
Speaker 1: I'm a paramedic now.
Speaker 8: We drive the.
Speaker 18: Biggest ambulance on the road, so we back them up all day long and.
Speaker 1: Talk about pressure. No, No, that really is pressure.
Speaker 4: I hope you're good under pressure.
Speaker 1: Not a look the ambulance service in this state, or again, if you come.
Speaker 18: Screw it up next week, the pressure you run over any patients before.
Speaker 1: That is good? That is good.
Speaker 5: I'm a bit scared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, la Yeah, yeah, And I've met Laurence. She's a cool, calm customer as well.
Speaker 4: You're not wrong, all right, Lawrence.
Speaker 1: You are in Lawrence, You're in yep. We'll see you next week. Bring the ambulance when you're off obviously, you know, let's go to a Chaine now, Jane.
Speaker 2: Oh, hypechistin Hi Pat. I drive it missing the bar and I can park that thing anywhere.
Speaker 15: And it's a huge.
Speaker 2: Car and I yep, I have no problem. I can park it anywhere. Reverse park day.
Speaker 5: How many guys though, Jane?
Speaker 4: What one and done? To be one and done?
Speaker 2: I did a forward draft camp last year and I podium finished four out of eight events. And yeah, I'm pretty confident.
Speaker 1: That is it? Amazing? The four wheel drive competition?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 15: And what is it?
Speaker 4: What is the forward drive competition?
Speaker 2: Then I was just going to say, alex As for these big lights, I'm soul driving this weekend night driving.
Speaker 15: I need them.
Speaker 2: I don't send them on on the road, but you know I need them. I mean girls groups I go for driving. I love it, but for can't. It was a whole weekend as I had to do a balance beam.
Speaker 1: With the Yeah, yeah, I don't want to lug all that gym gear, isn't it outside that middle of nowhere country? Thick for the old balance beam?
Speaker 2: And I made the club balancing. I had that I had it.
Speaker 1: We've got to get some video this. Oh you're going to smash this.
Speaker 2: I can send you and I balanced, and I was winning all day until the second last person.
Speaker 15: I can send them on that event. Oh she she balanced longer than me.
Speaker 2: I had another event. This event was fabulous. They had little ducks on these They were like basketball rings on the side of the water, right and you had to hit the water at the right speed and you weren't allowed to lift the first two ups. You had to lift the third duck and float with you in the in the bell wave across the water. Yep, I won that one.
Speaker 1: It's good to have a hobby. Don't move the ducks. That's another competition. When it's in Jane, it's a lot of diesel fuel. Jane, come on down. We're seeing it down next week.
Speaker 2: Excellent.
Speaker 4: I'll be leave the ducks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, okay, going to be a mixed up bunching it.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show go on podcast question.
Speaker 1: I can't stop thinking about the rules and regulations for the first ever Back It Up Cup, Campbell, Thank you very much. I think you need to have them part their own car. Okay, see how they get on and then next a standard car that everyone must do as well.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, I like this.
Speaker 1: This is good. All right, let's give away the big start price today thanks to Adriatic Furniture, it is the Fjord Recliner and Ottoman, the King of footstores.
Speaker 4: Put chopped, put chopped up, Get.
Speaker 2: Your phone in Cochristna.
Speaker 1: Thirteen fifty five, twenty two. It is furniture Week thanks to Aguiatic Furniture and the huge black Body sale on now fifty percent off Adeeting Furniture Exclusive.
Speaker 4: Hell yes expensive, get out.
Speaker 1: And shut the front door.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 1: In other words, all right here we got here. Yana, Hi, yana. So you've had a bit of a tough time. You want to put your feet up with this recliner and Ottoman? Tell me about it. What's happened?
Speaker 17: So basically, I've been in a role for two and a half years at my school and I thought I did a fantastic job at my role, and they changed the position and I applied for it and I didn't get it.
Speaker 4: Oh that sucks, It really does suck.
Speaker 17: You know, I'm just devastated. Oh no, I would love to use that chair to sit back drink a glass of wine and just apply for other jobs.
Speaker 1: Recline, recharge and go.
Speaker 6: You're in the chair.
Speaker 4: You're back in the driving seat of your own life.
Speaker 1: Yanna. You know, Yana in the.
Speaker 4: Corner, You in the corner. They're gonna be so jealous.
Speaker 1: Do you stick on mighty cyrus to climb? Maybe another glass of wine?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 1: You know what, they're behind you in that three sixty swivel, swive it on this that skull. I'm doing the falcon. Okay, hey, listen, good luck.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Know, in life sometimes the things that don't happen, sometimes they're blessings in disguise. And I hope that that's for you, Okay, that better things are ahead.
Speaker 19: Thank you so much.
Speaker 17: I've got need to be today.
Speaker 1: Oh on, oh good, just manifest it.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: It's all happening for you.
Speaker 2: It is all happening.
Speaker 1: Power the falcon, God, damn it. Pan off. She got you know, by the time we wrap up the school, we we've got pay rise and the job. She's running a school. She's in charge of schools. She's the Queen Zara Schools of Australia. Yahna, well done, Thank you very much for calling up, Well done. What are the answers coming up next? Thirteen fifty five twenty two. Sorry, Peter, we didn't get to you. Peter Tourre's calf muscle according to Projusa, Kaylain, you know as soon she's the exaggerated to get excited, she came boun to him, say, got a twenty seven meter tear and his calf muscle makes him the biggest damn cuman ever.
Speaker 4: If calf muscle is twenty seven meters, get him in the sucker roos.
Speaker 1: If they teaching ustreams again, they got a mega human with a mega leg.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: We call it what are the odds? The lines are open now for your stories, so yet to go this week one thousand dollars for our instant Call of the Week. It could be your story today of coincidence and chance. On thirteen fifty five twenty two. Let's do it, I believe it or not?
Speaker 4: What are the odds?
Speaker 5: You gotta be justhing me.
Speaker 4: Like where you with Cheryl who married a Hun?
Speaker 1: Who wors weir? The Cheryl.
Speaker 4: Who married a hun as well?
Speaker 1: What are the odds?
Speaker 16: I was singing?
Speaker 17: Click my hair back check my nails. I slipped on the radio and that same song was on and the girls went feeling good as her.
Speaker 16: Traveling around Victorian wine country is my father in Laura Wildough, the guy who was a winemaker was serving us. He used to be a carpenter. Turned out that he was a caranta who made the rowing boat that my father in law rode in the nineteen fifty six Olympics and one of bronze.
Speaker 20: Ten years ago, I decided to take my little child to the Grampians who were spicing around at a little pool's area, and my son lost his dummy. Last weekend, we actually went back to the same falls with another son of mine and I'm behold, I happened to find my son's dummy.
Speaker 1: It's so many stories are amazing. Thirteen fifty five twenty two. We have one to kick off today from you, a guy called Darren that actually is show related to Monday's misheard lyrics. Darren break it down for us.
Speaker 18: On Monday morning this week, I was in a text conversation with my father in law trying to arrange a location in time for.
Speaker 21: My mother in law's upcoming birthday.
Speaker 18: You know, we were having it back and forth to try and accommodate for my wife's sister who has two dogs and does not want to leave him by themselves too long. I was getting frustrated at the time you were reading through the Monday.
Speaker 21: Mission lyrics and specifically at Ja Rule song, which had been heard as I know you're sick of the shows. I yield radiol two.
Speaker 4: Bloody right, Gerol, father in law's fell.
Speaker 1: He's dealing with him, Gerald's dealing with Phelps speaking to me through the radio, getting board, dealing with Phil too.
Speaker 4: Bloody Rode Derol love it, he gets it.
Speaker 1: I love it. This is incredible one from Debbie Christian What are the odds? In nineteen ninety seven, Bloody here, we're going back a few years. Some friends and I went to see Titanic at the Crown Village Cinemas. In the scene where the ship hits the iceberg and begins to sink, the cinema, firewater sprinklers turned on. No, we all got drenched and were evacuated from the cinema. We didn't see the ending, just spoiler it out. They didn't make it talk about real life effects this scene. These back eate the cinema pase it Southland.
Speaker 5: I seem to remember that. The next morning, of years I thought the cinemas were flooded. I remember that happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh.
Speaker 1: I don't actually back it up, cup, back it up.
Speaker 3: Show you the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian did the Love God Test the Falcon of course, of course, absolutely every night. Christian, what are the odds? Thirty three years ago we had our first child, Ella a A anyway, I got a first child, Ella. On the way home from the hospital with the new baby, we turned on to the Pean Highway and all of a sudden, my husband goes, no way. When I looked up, we were behind a car with the Regiro plate Ella seven nine. Ella was born at seven o nine, oh l A seven o nine. We followed the car for twenty minutes until a turn. That didn't help that bit a bit you had us. We stalked them all the way, I told till they pulled over and said stop following us.
Speaker 4: That is incredible, amazing.
Speaker 1: That's an amazing one. Thank you very much for that one. All right, we're doing on other odds, your stories of coincidence and chance. We have an amazing one right now.
Speaker 4: Aaron Christian, What.
Speaker 19: Are the odds that I worked in the cinema that was flooded and I booted.
Speaker 1: The people out.
Speaker 19: So there is your back it up cup, Patsy.
Speaker 1: Wow, aarn, this is incredible. So again email from Debbie dating back to nineteen ninety seven. She's watching Titanic, the scene where they hit the iceberg. Sudden the sprinklers go off, and she's evacuated from the cinema and that is you, and you happen to be listening.
Speaker 19: Yes, yes I did, and you know, always supportive of Patty, so I wanted to back Patty up there as well.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it was caused by.
Speaker 19: One of the projectors actually started smoldering, was a little fire and that's what triggered it.
Speaker 1: Wow, and I'm guessing now they don't use those old like projectors. Do you remember these?
Speaker 19: Not the old to reel There was such a pain back in the day. Oh look to sound like my dad, but no, they were.
Speaker 1: They were like two or three reels, depending how long the movie was, which is why when I started going to the movies and Mom and dad halfway through the film, while they were changing the canisters over the big reels, someone would come out with a lot of ice creams.
Speaker 4: Wait they have an intermission?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, they would come out and that bring ice creams out. You go and have a golden gay time. Get back into what's going on to her hands, soda and Star Wars and the crew.
Speaker 4: I love the idea of an ice cream break.
Speaker 1: Because you're trying to have a chat. How do you enjoying it so far? Then Elijha go down old way up in the project and would obviously change all those big old canisters that had all the movies on. Yes, yeah, Aaron, that's an incredible one. Thank you so much for giving us a call.
Speaker 19: No worries and Patty, I've got you back.
Speaker 1: Gonna need it next week. Gonna need it next week in the back it up cup, Aaron, Thanks you. Col might have a good day. Thanks Naomi, good morning, welcome to the show. Hello know me?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 15: Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: I can loud and clear? All right? So what is your story for? What are the odds?
Speaker 19: Well, one of the odds.
Speaker 22: I started a new job a couple of months ago and I was introduced to my new bossies name is Peter and the other boss there is Adam. And that turned out to be my first and second husband's name. So I'm reminded of my past daily.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's a lot. Especially there might be some sort of immeshment and projection going on with the Peters and Adams who are there, And it's got nothing to do with the past, with the other Peter's and Adams.
Speaker 4: Naomi's really rude to Peter, and.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's about this Peter. That is a lot to process.
Speaker 16: Well, it is.
Speaker 22: And also the person I work with is straight and that's my son's name.
Speaker 1: Is so crazy.
Speaker 22: I feel like a bit of a family affair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully not.
Speaker 19: That way.
Speaker 1: That way. Why didn't you need me to tell you that though? And this you're that company could play great? I've made me. Thank you very much. You cool. Let's squeeze in Shelley here, Shelly.
Speaker 15: Good morning, Christian and crew. I really love the show. This is my What are the odds? About Eight weeks ago, I had a really mixed up day and I didn't end up going to my local Bunnies. I went somewhere else still Bunnings, and I had a return. I had to go to the tool shop and at the counter, the lady said to me, oh, you've dropped your license.
Speaker 2: And she picked a.
Speaker 15: License up and then turned it over and she said, it's not you any way, it's a man. Then she said, oh, anyway, he's from Kurub Points and I said, oh, five no, I said, point wrote, and she looked at me and she said yes. And so I said it felt a little bit funny, and then I said five point wrote and she said yes. And I burst into tears and I said that was my family's home until my father died. David there for fifty years now, it was not his local Bunnings, and it was not my local Bunnings. And both of us ended up having a mixed up, and I did return the license to him, but it was just incredible.
Speaker 1: Oh what a story.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and it's it's a long road. It starts it's trip Point is a country town outside Serbs, and the road actually starts off at a town called Bitten and goes around and turns into Point Road. So there's heaps and heaps of addresses.
Speaker 4: Your dad's high.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, I know that. The lady at the counter actually had a little moment too, And my hands was still around my face and I'm having a few tears.
Speaker 1: It's lovely.
Speaker 15: The girl comes back with my return. He said, it's all right, love you know you're going to get it's going to be replaced.
Speaker 1: We're going to sort that to all out.
Speaker 5: We've just had a moment.
Speaker 1: She just loves tools. Oh my god, this has got some las to What a beautiful moment though. Did you feel your dance presence? Did you feel your dance presence? Yes?
Speaker 3: No, like yeah.
Speaker 15: We were a very close family and mum and dad, well more for our mother especially, you know, would feel things. I can remember once she said to me, oh, there's going to be another baby in the family. And I said, well not me and I already had three kids. Yeah, two months later.
Speaker 1: That's an incredible story. And could only you took it back?
Speaker 15: Yeah, well yeah I did, and he actually wasn't home. He dropped in the next day and we had forty five minute conversation. He's from England, and I said, well, you've got an adopted family now, and he's actually going to come up here for a barbecue.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this story just gets better. Be reminded that these things still happen in the world.
Speaker 15: Yeah, And he said to me, when you got here, he said, oh, I remembered you, And I said, well how and he said, because you came into Bunnings with a large tool in the trolley, So he actually remembered, saying maybe we just passed each other at the front door.
Speaker 1: Literally a sliding door, sliding doors.
Speaker 15: Exactly what I say. It's a sliding It really felt like a sliding door moment when we put all the pieces together.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful. I love in these stories. So just magic can happen in the everyday places like Bunnings, where you actually can have a really deep connection with somebody else.
Speaker 15: Yeah, but it was very funny when the man came back and told me that it was all going to be okay. You know, i'd have it's a jewel replace it's his next to cry.
Speaker 1: He probably gets you use a lot of tearful trades. Sometimes had a long day on the long down the side and coming to slap it all tears and tools. Hello Bunnings. As a new podcast I'm doing on the IR platform. All right, Shelley, beautiful story. And do you know what, Shelley, you are our caller of the week a week. Yeah, we always give it to a story that makes us laugh, but this did something far more important. Right now, you win one thousand dollars. We're not going to get a better story than that this week. It's beautiful.
Speaker 4: Oh thank yeah.
Speaker 1: Back in Bunnings. You wander down any aisle you got Bunnings dollars. One thousand dollars buys you a lot at Bunnings.
Speaker 15: Oh, this is beautiful.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Pleasure. Honestly, you told us such a beautiful story. You would have you would have lit everybody up listening right now, Shelley. So the least we can do is pay that back by giving you one thousand dollars.
Speaker 15: Oh, thanks so much, Christian and Crue.
Speaker 1: Lovely pleasure. Thank you very much. Enjoy spending your money, Shelley, Thank you very much. Okay, bye bye bye now Oh thanks to Mercedes Ben's Berrick.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: There's still a real magic about radio that no other medium can actually do what just happened, And that isn't us puffing ourselves up. It's about Shelley. When she called the show, Tina, who took a call, said she was really nervous. She didn't want to come on air, and Tina said, just imagine to you in Christian Jawn show, she took a risk, and obviously it was quite as we found out. It's a lot going on in that story. There were a lot of layers there, a lot of meaning as well, and very very funny as well about the scene in the Bunnings and the employee thinking that she's really emotional about getting that tall exchange. And that's what life is sometimes. It can be really moving and really funny two things at the same time, and you don't get that anywhere else. And I love podcasts and I loved streaming TV shows, but there's just a magic with the human voice when someone takes a risk which I call a bit nervous, will there be interested in the story? It means so much, and genuinely, I really do. I think I speak for everyone who's listening. You already got something for that Shelley story. Just the magic in Bunnings. Thought I'd ever say that, but it is. I love it when there's a magic. Sometimes in the every day there's so much that it goes on our lives. There's so much mundane, and sometimes something breaks through that and reminds us that we're lucky to be alive and we need each other. The lady behind the counter holding her hand as she'd sort of realize what happened, that this wasn't just a random address my father. It's a childhood home and where dad had been and that so much going on in that. So thank you very much, Shelley. And if you've never called the show before and you sat sometimes listening to the nonsense we're doing anything, I don't know if I could do. I really hope you can trust us and do actually call the show. And thank you very much to Mercedes Benz Berrick would give us some money every week to give a great story of that at instant one thousand dollars and November is their trade in event that's on now at Mercedes Benz Berrick. All right, time, waste stuff family VIP passed today. F one Exhibition at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Center starts this month November twenty ninth. Start your engines, Melbourne. The formerly one exhibition is coming for first time ever. Get your tickets at F one Exhibition dot AU. Today we're looking for you to make a song Australian Take any song. Ossification Anchor, Sydney dock of the Bay, Sydney don't work but anyway, Michael Jackson used to love going over to w Way. That's like And originally one of his songs was called the Perth Song, the song We're coming light to Berth next week.
Speaker 5: My oyster is stinky killing me softly with his song.
Speaker 1: Don't forget you know? And I had to do an extra half hour of the show yesterday.
Speaker 5: You know, well, excuse me, but who was last to walk out of the studio at the photography studio to the longest.
Speaker 1: Three hours they were working on? You is quicker to build a Notre Dame Cathedral.
Speaker 5: Affection takes time.
Speaker 4: I'm my friends, baby.
Speaker 1: Got out back. Betty Idol loves Australia. That's right, Veg you might win and nothing compares to you, Nothing compares to you. Alright, Reo, what have you got? Make a song?
Speaker 4: Australian bad Goon rising.
Speaker 1: There he nails it gold.
Speaker 4: David Gwitter loves Australia with love takes.
Speaker 1: Pavlova song, pot It Down, their bronze song, Tall Sally Dong, Taol Sally Golds and flow Rider.
Speaker 6: Bloody loves Australia. He's always saying short, he got my Lo Lo Lo Lo lor I love that one.
Speaker 1: Oh well, you're playing to the locals, aren't low hanging fruit? By that?
Speaker 19: I mean?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 3: What have you got?
Speaker 1: Then? Ossify a song? Make a song Australian The Christian O'Connell show podcast, All right before we mark today's time waster, which you can still sand in looking for you to make a song Australian on four seventy five three one oh four three, Let's look ahead to tomorrow's show. Today day four on Furniture Week.
Speaker 23: Christ Jan's Furniture Week, make your housele Stylish and she Christian's Furniture Week, couchus bets and tables and see.
Speaker 1: Oh thanks to Adriatic Furniture and the Big Black Friday sell on right now Adriatic Furniture Exclusive, Yes expensive, no fifty percent of Today it was the recliner and Ottoman that went to Yanna. Projisic Icaiden. What is it tomorrow? How do we go from the recline of the falcon alrighty tomorrow?
Speaker 16: On the show, We've got the Tully dining tables very weird.
Speaker 1: I'm not making us up right, Projisicicaden has been insanely excited about giving away the Tully table. She goes to me, I want to give away a table on first, we've got a.
Speaker 4: Sun lounger, that says Friday.
Speaker 1: That is how you produce Australian radio. That it really is Thursday screams, Tunny table one. That take us there, Captain Tully. What is the Tuddy table? Around table?
Speaker 3: It's a beautiful modern dining table round, a solid timber.
Speaker 4: So I love a round ee, get me round the table.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: Family, all gather round, don't sit me down an oblong? What are we added a formal state dining event? Give me the round ee? That's tomorrow's game, by the way, instant game. Give me the round. So the Tully table tomorrow? Yes, yes, tomorrow we're chucking in chairs.
Speaker 5: You are sure what?
Speaker 1: We're just giving them the table? All right? Okay, time waste? Do we work that out? Sounds like she didn't know that's also how you produces anyway. Well, Australian holding out for a hero gol Cranbourne in the USA, shout out my people in Cranborm.
Speaker 4: He comes to Sunburn, slipslop radio.
Speaker 1: Gala gla oh Here is Gold Tiney Dancer, He Loves Australia, Your Thong, Silver, Brian Vanilla, Slice, Slice Baby, all the single trads from Tracy Silver, Pimp Up, the Tim Tam Not the Jam Silver and Camera Fielder Love tonight. Oh all right, who is the winner. Who's off to the F one exhibition? Tiny Dancer, Tenny Dancer. Well done, Brian, We're back tomorrow. Take care, have a great day.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast