Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 2: My name is Santasha Nabananga Bamblet. I'm a proud Order Order Kerni Whoalbury and a waddery woman. And before we get started on She's on the Money podcast, I would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land of which this podcast is recorded on a wondery country, acknowledging the elders, the ancestors and the next generation coming through as this podcast is about connecting, empowering, knowledge sharing and the storytelling of you to make a difference for today and lasting impactful tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Let's get into it.
Speaker 3: She's on the Money, She's on the Money.
Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to the business Bible. Are you noticing some burnout signs, juggling multiple hats and wondering if it's time to bring more hands on deck. Maybe you're seeing some bright opportunities on the horizon, but you're not sure if they're worth chasing. Well, today we're diving into one of the most crucial questions for any business, and that's when is it time to scale? I'm Victoria de Vine, your business bff, and I'm here with our side hustle superstar is Jess Gorucci. Hi Jess.
Speaker 4: Hello, welcome back to another episode of the Business Bible.
Speaker 5: Happy to be here. I love the business episodes. They're so fun and I'm so excited today because I feel like you hear the words scale a lot in the business world. People are always saying things like scale to ten k in one month.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it's isn't it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, people just popping off using the word left, frat and center, and it.
Speaker 1: Sounds took me like six years.
Speaker 5: It sounds great in theory, but like, what does it actually mean to scaling business?
Speaker 1: It's a good question and probably the best place to start. So from the starts, scaling your business is kind of like adding the perfect accessory to your favorite outfit. It's all about enhancing what you already have without losing your unique style, which is harder done than said. In business terms, scaling means growing your operations, increasing your reach, and boosting your revenue, all while maintaining the quality and essence that makes your brand so special. It's not just about doing more, it's about doing more smartly, with the right systems, team and strategies in place that support your growth. It's exciting, it is challenging, and if it's done right, it's really rewarding.
Speaker 5: Is scaling something that we should all be just like diving straight into the second that we start.
Speaker 1: Or just go hard or go home? Jess, No, I'm joking. Definitely do not go hard and do not go home. Timing is absolutely everything. Scaling your business is kind of like tending to a garden. I can't keep a garden alive. So maybe this is a really bad analogy, but you need to plant the seeds at the right moments to let them grow. If you try and scale to early, your roots might not actually be deep enough to support new growth. And things could with a really fast like my actual garden. But if you wait too longes you could actually miss out on a prime season for expansion. It's all about finding that sweet spot where your business is ready to thrive without getting tangled in the weeds of let's call it unpreparedness.
Speaker 5: Okay, now, you obviously as someone who's scaled multiple businesses with a lot of success, but did you run into any problems kind of along the way of that journey, Yeah.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. And then I cried a lot. But I think that's really normal. I feel like I've gotten so much wrong, And I mean, scaling is really hard. Knowing when to scale is also equally hard, because I think so many of us see that as like a really shiny next step. But as someone who has scaled, sold and now is going through, I would say your scale process. At the moment, I am recruiting left, right, and center. But I'm also finding it very different this time because I've really realized that scaling is not necessarily always the goal I need at this point in my business to scale because right now the demand we have outweighs the staff that we have. Like we are overworked at the moment. We're not able to service as many clients as we would love to, so I know that we need more hands on deck. But on the flip side, I have run a bigger business before and I haven't enjoyed it, and it has you know, I wouldn't say gone to shit, but like I wasn't loving at my mental health, wasn't there, nothing really worked, And I think that there are so many bumps along the way right Like, it's not something that is super shiny, and you do need to really work out what that looks like. And with scale comes in increased cost as well, and that can be really overwhelming, like at some point you go, is this actually worth it? So there's I guess a lot of moving parts when it comes to scaling, and it doesn't necessarily mean that it might be right for you. Like if you love your lifestyle right now, scaling might mean that you are working another forty hours a week. Is that actually for you?
Speaker 5: Crazy? How did you know that the right time to scale was when you decided to do so well?
Speaker 1: The first time we scaled was when I scaled my financial advice firm. The first time this is like when she's on the money, was just starting. And if we're being really honest, I think that scale to me was a lot about ego. I wanted a big business. I felt like a big business was reflective of how good I was at my work, and we all know now that that is absolutely not the case. So I scaled, and I feel like I was making decisions because a lot of the time they looked like the right decisions. Having a good financial advice business to me meant having a lot of financial advices. It didn't actually end up breaking even in the way that you would expect it to, because with increased headcount, your entire business model needs to change to make sure that the profitability is still being maintained. And my profitability was being eaten into significantly, which it's absolutely fine, because often when you scale, there's a number of investments you need to make in the short term to get there. It eats away your profitability and then over time it starts to come back up. I didn't like it, I didn't enjoy it. It wasn't nourishing to me, and we ended up selling that business. So in September twenty twenty two, I officially sold out of being a financial advisor. I went back into mortgage broking, decided to start that from scratch. I've recently had the other business partner in that business, Leaf and we're currently in the process of scaling the business now, but more so that we can properly resource the team so that we can have a really good time. And I mean right now, I currently run Cheese on the Money and Zella Money the mortgage broking business, and we have so many beautiful clients coming from Shees on the Money and I want to be able to service more of them. So the reason for scaling at the moment is purely because I'm like, I want more people to come to my business because I'm enjoying this, not because of an ego thing. And as you know, Jess, a lot of this is taking us a long time because I'm trying so hard to find the right mortgage brokers to hire. My last mortgage broker took four months to hire because I had not found the right person yet and I wasn't willing to compromise in order to say that my team was growing. So I definitely have a different hat on this time, and it is a little bit more complex, but I think it'll be for the better.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So scaling isn't necessarily just about adding in follow you more quantity of people, or you know, outsourcing to more and more people. It's about finding the right people to support that growth exactly.
Speaker 1: And I think that there's a very big misconception that the bigger you scale, the bigger profit margin there will be. And someone who's really good at this is Iris Smith from the quick Flick. So she's on TikTok and she shares a lot about how her business has scaled, and she went from a small business where she was packing her own orders in her laund room, which was really cute. I feel like I've followed her since then and now her products are available in price line. But what you guys probably don't know is that if you get to that stage with a cosmetics company, you are not only paying for mass amounts of production to supply to these big companies. You're paying for the display stands, you're paying for the marketing. You're paying for the branding and arguably the spot inside the store to begin with that, and you're sharing your profit margin with somebody else because they're stocking it. They're not going to want to stock your product, jess if it's not financially beneficial for them to do so. So it's all about is that even worth it? And it's about weighing up do I actually want to scale or do I want to stay small and maybe keep a higher percentage of my profit margin. There's a lot to take into consideration.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, I feel like after the break, we should talk about maybe some indicators for people on how they can know whether or not scaling is the right choice for them. But let's go take a really quick break and come back. Surely, Welcome back, everybody. Now, I know a lot of our listeners are eager to learn a little bit more about whether or not scaling is the right choice for them because it feels a little bit like a gut decision. But is it really just about your intuition and what you think or are there things that we can look out for that let us know that it might be the right choice.
Speaker 1: It's definitely not a gut thing. I mean at the moment, I know in my gut that I really want to scale Zella money because I just know that that's going to nourish my soul, having more brokers that can support more folsts home by, Like, I just love it, right, So in my gut that's what I want. So it feels really positive, but I have a number of tools that I need to implement because just because it feels right doesn't mean it's going to be financially viable. And if we go down that route just based on gut feeling, I could end up in a lot of trouble Jess, because more money, more problems. Right, So there are some key indicators that I want you to keep an eye on. So firstly, if you or your team at the moment are completely swamped, they're working additional hours and you're still feeling like you're drowning in tasks. I would say that's a red flag. You might need to hire some more hands and delegate some tasks off, or ask yourself if there are tasks that you do all the time that you might be able to automate or get someone else to do next up. If you're selling out regularly, that's usually not just luck. I think lots of us, especially small business owners, they're like, I am so lucky, and you're like, no, you are so talented. That's demand telling you that maybe it's time to level up. And lastly, if your current tools, space or tech setup just isn't cutting it anymore, to me, that's a sign that your infrastructure needs an upgrade to keep up with your growing business. Now, it's something when we're looking at key indicators. If I sit down and look at it, right, I have a team of mortgage brokers. You don't need to know what they do at the end of the day. They see clients, right, and I know that at this point in time, my mortgage brokers can see two clients a day, and I go, wow, I'd really like more clients to get through my door. The first thing I might think is that means we need more brokers, Yess, But in reality, we actually need to look at the back end processes. Are we equipping them with enough admin staff to get their job done? Are we automating enough processes? Is there anything that I could do to mean that my mortgage brokers do less admin work and get to see more clients? Is there a way that I could scale my pre existing team from seeing two clients a day to being able to say three. What would that actually look like? What would I have to alleviate from them? And I think that we need to look at our businesses this way first, because if you're just going, okay, well I need another Jess like Jess, you and I both know in she's on the money. If scaling she's on the money was the plan, and we go, actually, Jess is really productive. She's running all the partnerships. Maybe we need to double that. Maybe we need another partnerships manager. You and I both know that's not the answer. The answer would be to alleviate all of the things that you personally are doing that could be done by somebody else, so that then you can scale that. Because from my perspective, you'd be the right person for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think we need to take a step back and pragmatically look at our businesses before we actually pull the trigger or immediately think Okay, well I want X, so I need y. Yeah that could mean that you're seeing more people, but is that the most cost effective decision? Are you effectively outsourcing things? Are there things on your team that you are doing that you don't really need to be doing. Recently, I've re reviewed all of the financials that I'm doing. You guys know, I have a bookkeeper and I adore her. Hi Helen and Carmen love you. They do so much. But when I went back to the drawing board, I was like, oh my gosh, every single month, I'm generating all these reports and I'm doing this, and I'm doing that in addition to their bookkeeping. I could actually get them to do that, pop it into my emails. I can still do the review, but I'm saving at least another five hours a month by not doing it myself. And I think that that is really important. But as business owners, Jess, we don't like to let go totally. And you've probably seen this, but for me, letting go has been a really big part of it. I don't really want people to come in and do it for me because I feel like I'm good at it and I want to still feel involved. But at the same time, sometimes you turn around to me and go, they I can actually do that, and we both know I'm better at it. Yeah, I know, I know. So I think it's really important to step back and go, what is the actual logical answer here because it might not look the way that you think it looks. Because for me to scale my business right now, if I looked at it at surface level, it's high more mortgage brokers. I actually need a lot more admin. So that's going to look different. There's going to be different costs associated, different resources associated, And I just think it's really important to have a look at the indicators and go, are we even ready for this? Is this even something I want?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: It sounds like you need to have a really in depth understanding of like, ah, you're back in your processes. It's not just a quick snap decision if someone is feeling the pinge in those places. Scaling is a very abstract word. I feel like, what do we do?
Speaker 1: It's a bit different to scaling a fish. Do about that yuck that you said abstruct scaling And I was like, okay, let's go completely rogue. When we're talking about scaling, you should always start with a financial health check. I bet none of you saw that coming from me assessing your financial situation. It's going to ensure that you're ready for the financial investment that scaling actually requires. First, I want you to look at your cash flow before scaling. You need to make sure that your cash flow is positive and consistent. You need to be able to cover the costs of scaling without jeopardizing your financial stability. Then I want you to have a look at your profit margins. We spoke about this before the break. Your profit margins should be strong enough to support the additional cost of scaling, like hiring and marketing and production increases. Like, for example, if you're taking a product into a different store that you don't run, what percentage of that profit margin are you going to end up having to share? What does that look like? And how does that eat into your ability to put that product on the table. How does that work? And don't forget we all need a financial buffer. I jump up and down on cheese on the money about making sure that we have an emergency fund. Where's your business emergency fund?
Speaker 3: Jess?
Speaker 1: We need one of those two. This is going to be your safety net to cover any unexpected costs. Like what if growth is slower than expected during this process of scaling. What if you've done all of your numbers and you've dot it all your eyes and crossed all your tea's and then all of a sudden, it's just not working the way that you thought it was going to work. But you know it's going to work long term. Can you get through that period? We don't want to be under significant financial stress so that we're forced to make a.
Speaker 5: Decision we don't want to have to make. And that's a risk, right with scaling n sive risk. You know, ultimately, in an ideal world it works exactly like you said. You add in a new team member or a new piece of machinery or a new factory or whatever, and it improves your profitability. But that isn't always how it works.
Speaker 1: Right Like you and I, Jess, we could sit down and I'm clearly just using my businesses because it makes the most sense to me, and both you and I understand it, and I think that they are full enough when we distill them down. So I have this mortgage broking business right and right now, it's going well, and I adore it. If I sat there and said, Jess, we want to scale, let's make a plan. What could we do? We could do more mortgages or yes, we could add another stream of income to that business. What if I go back to financial advice? So maybe I'm not the advisor. Maybe Jess, we do the numbers and we realize we've got the demand. I reckon, we could get clients for this. Let's hire a couple of financial advisors. That's significant in our head, it makes a lot of sense because you know, mortgage broking and financial advice go together really nicely. And arguably I've done this before. But is that worth it? Yeah? Like the amount of money to hire financial advisors, pay them properly, get them off of space. Is that something I even want to engage in. I know it's scaling. I know it's going to ultimately add profit to my business, But at what cost am I going to have the same time, time, energy, and effort to focus on my mortgage broking business? Have I thought about what the mortgage broking business will lose because I'm investing my time, energy and effort into something else, Like what effort needs to go into that to maintain it. I think we need to talk about all of these other things because financially, on paper, we could distill it down and go, okay, Jess, we know that a third of the income that is generated from hiring a new financial advisor is going to go to the overhead costs, a third is going to go to paying their wage, and a third is going to go to profitability. I can make a beautiful spreadsheet, so the financials checkout, but that's not all we have to consider.
Speaker 5: Yeah, apart from the financials, what are the things should people be looking at all?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: So I have a framework for you. I love a framework.
Speaker 5: You love a little bit.
Speaker 1: Hold the three p's framework, And it's all about making sure that your people, process and product are set up for growth. First, you're going to look at your team. Do you have the right gesses in place in your team and can they handle more work? Of course that might be just you at the moment. Let's be honest. Let's go back to our candle example that I love using on their business Bible could just be you. Are you just looking at your process, your person and your product. So could you handle this on your own or do you need to look at getting some help or outsourcing some of your tasks. You need to ensure that you are scaling but not burning out. I've done that. Do not do that. It impacts your business more than you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Are you staying up until five in the morning pouring candles, go into bed for three hours, and then getting up to take all the candles out of the molts?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're just having the worst time ever, Like one out of ten cannot recommend. Next, we want to look in and have a bit of a check in with our processes. Are your systems for things like production and customer service and management working efficiently? And are they scalable? You want to make sure that everything is running as smoothly as possible for scaling. So a good example of this right now is just I'm going through everything in our business right now, and we're really good at customer service, Like that's my favorite part. And I want every single person that comes through my doors to be like, Wow, working with Zella Money was incredible, Like I loved that. I'm going to recommend them to a friend because that's going to grow my business, right, But when I review it, it's so manual at the moment, Like in the background, my team are doing an incredible job at it, but everything is manual, Like they are writing out birthday emails and letters to clients on a monthly basis, Like none of that is automated. They are you making sure that every client email is going out when in reality I could probably automate some of that to take the pressure off my team. One to make sure it's consistent, but also if we take on more clients, Jess, we wouldn't be able to maintain that same level of customer service. So right now we're small and it's really easy to pick up the phone and talk to us. But like, if I'm scaling, how do I make sure that the client experience of a client joining us in twelve months, when hopefully we have a bigger team is exactly the same as it is today. What does that look like? So then the final thing I want you to look at is your product, Jess. Is your offering consistently meeting customer needs and getting positive feedback? Your product needs to be ready to meet the demands of a larger market. So you might have a really small business and it's really niche and they like really like your candles, and maybe you have like a run of candles and it's like the Seconds, like you sell the ones that have the bubbles in it for a discounted price. Is that actually scalable? Like it might be a really good business right now, But like if one of the most profitable things is your seconds candles because like maybe you're not so good at it, but your current community absolutely adores it, is that something that's going to work long term because I can almost guarantee that it's not going to be picked up by a commercial store, like they're going to go, well, we don't really want to sell your seconds candles, So we need to look at it pretty pragmatically and as business owners. Yes, that's really hard. Yeah, I've had to do that a number of times and be like, maybe I'm not doing my best here, And that's okay, because if you can identify that you're not doing your best, we can change it and we can be better. But it is really confronting when your business is your baby and your life and your soul and then all of a sudden you're like, I'm not really good at that. I'm going to need some help here. Yeah, that can be really confronting. Yeah, it's all right to look at things with a critical eye. That's how we all grow and develop and change. I guess you have to sometimes face those hard things, because better to address it now than before you put all this money into scaling and go, oh my god, it's a flop and I'm now, oh my god, and I'm also sad. Yeah, and that sad piece is really important because now my goal we need to scale to have the business I want to have. But it's not about scaling so that we can be the biggest. Like I say this all the time. Internally, I do not want the biggest team, but I want the best team. Like I want people to want to work with us, and it might be hard long term. We don't want to have to have long wait lists. But I also want to maintain that consistency, in that quality so that our customers and our clients are obsessed with us. I love that part of it the business. I love getting dms. I got one this morning, Jess. It was from a girl who was like, oh my gosh, I just had their best meeting with Tari yesterday. She was an incredible broker, Like, you should be so proud of the business that you run, girl, I am. That's the grit that I want to keep. So I think you also need to ask yourself do I want to be the biggest or do I want to be the best? Or do I want to increase my profit margin? Like what are your lifestyle goals? There's so much to talk.
Speaker 5: About here, Yeah, and scaling can totally help you achieve them if you have a good understanding. So we've got the financial sorted, the three p's are all checked off. How do we make sure, I ask, scaling plans align with the overall business vision that we're talking about.
Speaker 1: So that's literally what I'm talking about now, So good segue. So this is where a visions and goal checking happens. Start by getting crystal clear on your business vision. This can be as personal as you want it to be. Like Jess, some of my business goals are actually really personal. They are around me feeling really fulfilled. They're around financial targets for me, the lifestyle I want to lead. Because let's be honest, if you are the business owner listening to this, your business is meant to be setting up the lifestyle you want to live. Like, I know it can sound selfish, and I feel like historically I felt quite selfish saying that. But I want to have a business that provides me with the lifestyle that I want to live. I don't want to get to sixty five and retire and go well, I should have just had a salary and way journing job and not done this whole business thing, because I would have been in a better position. I would have cared about my superannuation and had more to fall back on in retirement. Like I want to get to retirement and be super proud of the journey. I want to do so much. And my vision and my goals for my business are very different to what someone else's might be. Like I get a lot out of making sure that my team can achieve their goals as well. Like get crystal clear on these things about where you want to be in the next three to five years business and personally, do you see this brand expanding internationally? Or maybe you want to become the go to expert in your niche. I do it finance. I want to be the go to expert your scaling efforts. I think they should directly support that vision to make sure that you're always moving in the right direction. Because, as someone who's gone off the cliff in terms of going in the right direction to support my goals and my lifestyle and who I want to be, it's just not worth it. Chess, Yeah, like it sucks and it's not fun. Then we want to break that down into smaller, specific, really measurable goals. Let's say your vision includes launching a brand new product line. Maybe let's set a timeline, so we want to have in that timeline some time for research and development and then launch. Or if you're aiming to grow your customer base, I want you to decide on how many new clients you want to attract each quarter, and then outline the marketing strategies that are going to get you there. By setting these really tangible goals, you're going to ensure that every step in your scaling journey is really aligned with that big picture and keep you on track. And I feel like so many times when people talk about scale Jess, they're not talking about that. They're talking about get your processes in place, you know, do your profitability margins like organize all of this, you know, start recruiting, you know, even get funding, right, but they're not talking about, well, how are you going to feel when you've scaled? What's that going to look like for your lifestyle? What's that going to look like for your fulfillment out of the job that you do every single day? Because I promise once you get there, if it's the wrong type of scaling, it's a massive regret.
Speaker 5: Well, you've said before on the show, and even just to echo what you said before, you don't want to have the biggest team. There's a point at which you go, I would be really happy here.
Speaker 1: That's your tipping point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you would hit your tipping point. So what if somebody else is listening to this episode and they're just thinking, I'm so busy. I've got a full time job, I've got a side hustle, I've got all of these personal commitments. Scaling that up, making it bigger seems really overwhelming and like a weight that maybe they just don't want to carry right now.
Speaker 1: They're not gonna like this. Jess cannot have your cake and eat it too. There is always going to be compromised along this journey. I feel like we talk about it in terms of like work life balance, and you know, even for example me, I knew that at some point when I had scaled my financial advice business, I had shees on the money. I was doing broking as well. I knew that with everything that I was doing, starting to write books, it was not going to all be able to continually be successful. Like me, diluting myself across all of those things meant that I was going to become not good at all of them. I could already see cracks in things starting to appear, you know, emails slipping through the cracks and not being addressed in the you know, timely manner that I expected from myself. And I had to choose a plate that was spinning to push off myself, because otherwise a plate was going to fall, and it was going to be one that I didn't choose, and I didn't want that to happen. I didn't want to see she's on the money falling when in reality, I just wanted to pull the trigger on the financial advice stuff. And it was heartbreaking at the time, and you were here for this journey of me coming to the realization that selling the practice was the best thing for me. But it was sad because a lot of that practice was tied to my self identity. Like I saw myself as a financial advisor, and I knew that by stepping out of that, what would I become a retired financial advisor. I didn't want to be seen only as a finance influencer, like I always saw myself doing more than that, and you know, having a gritty business in the background, because that's what nourishes me. So it was about finding my place in the world again. And I'm not saying that you need to get rid of something, but you do need to look at your goals and what's achievable, and your values and your vision for what your life looks like. Because at the moment, if you have a million plates spinning, more often than not, you haven't taken the time to step back and go, well, what is the big picture? What am I looking at? Like I'm just treading water at the moment, Like, oh, fire, I do really want to focus on my business. What's that going to look like? So if you're scaling doesn't fit with your vision, it's actually really okay to hit the pause button pushing for growth just because you feel like it's the next step can lead to burnout and take you off track from your true mission, and I think that that's what we want to be looking at. So taking a step back and revisiting your long term goals is something that you should be doing. Sometimes the best move actually isn't expanding, it's refining what you've already built so it's more streamlined. So focus on streamlining your processes and strengthening your relationships with your current customers and enhance what's already working. And remember, growth isn't always about getting bigger. Sometimes it's about getting better and more efficient and going through that. And that's where I'm at now. But if you want to scale and take over the entire world, like girl, I have your back, Like I want that for you too, but I want it to be really crystal clear and part of the vision, not just what you thought was the logical next step. Because this is going to be hard to swallow for a lot of people. But sometimes that next step is there and you see it, but it's actually really ego driven. You want to be bigger because you want to be the biggest and you want to be the best, But why do you want that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and if you're standing on the edge of that cliff and you're like, wow, I'm so overwhelmed. I've got all of these things going on. That is kind of the choices in it. It's like, Okay, either we jump in both feet and we scale, and that takes, as we've discussed in this episode, a lot of commitment in terms of finances, in terms of processes, in terms of bringing in team members, or you go, okay, maybe I take a step back and maybe I scale in the other direction. Maybe I pull back a little bit to get a really solid foundation so that I can either then grow on top of that, build on top of that, or maybe I'm happy being small and like there's something in that too, in acknowledging that it's okay to stay small. You don't have to want to grow to be the biggest, and you can have a really successful, awesome business that is just small, that is just you or maybe one other person.
Speaker 1: And I think so often as business owners, we tie our self perception to the success of our business, and often that success looks like bigger is better, right, so we go, I haven't really made it, and I mean all of us we just making it up as we go, like, if you haven't run a business before, I've been in that position, you just make it up as you go. You're like, oh, next thing, Oh, I need to work out that process the things I google sometimes yes, how do you CRM like? It's not embarrassing. We're all there, but we're the ones with the grit to get it done. But we also just tie our self worth often too closely to our business and assume, well, when my business is better, I'm going to feel better about myself. When my business is you know, the biggest in my niche, I'm going to feel finely confident, like that's not going to happen. I'm really sorry, but that's not the reality. In fact, the more you bite off, the deeper you're going to feel, and the deeper you feel, the more overwhelming it's going to be. So we need to kind of also this is fluffy, but work on ourselves and why we do it these things in the first place. Because then once we've worked that out, we can scale, and it's going to be a healthy scale as opposed to one that maybe isn't sustainable long term.
Speaker 5: That's such a good point. It's all about finding the balance, making sure you're growing in the best way possible.
Speaker 1: I agree, and I mean we're running out of time, so don't forget. Growth is going to look very different for everyone, whether you're scaling up or simply you just want to get better at what you do. It's all about making sure that aligns with your personal vision and your goals, not someone else's.
Speaker 5: That's what makes it exciting, you know. No, it's different, and it's personally going to be exactly what's good for you. And I think after Jay, I'm definitely going to go home dive into my own business plan, dive too.
Speaker 1: Deeply, because I don't really want to lose you. No, no, I mean if you did, actually, you can just stay on the Business Bible slaves.
Speaker 5: Perfect nothing to worry about here, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope that you all are feeling really motivated after that and you're ready to reflect on your own business goals. There's some really important work ahead to make sure that you're growing in the right direction. If not even planning on growing, these are just like nice seeds to plant ifever this topic comes up in the future, So guess what, guys, This is the end of another Business Bible episode. We'll catch you next month for another episode, mister Scricci. As always, it has been a pleasure.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Bye guys.
Speaker 4: The advice shared on She's on the Money is general in nature and does not consider your individual circumstances. She's on the Money exists purely for educational purposes and should not be relied upon to make an investment or financial decision.
Speaker 1: If you do choose to buy a financial.
Speaker 4: Product, read the PDS TMD and obtain appropriate financial advice.
Speaker 1: Tailored towards your needs.
Speaker 4: Victoria Divine and She's on the Money are authorized representatives of Money showper pty Ltd ABN three two one IS six four nine two seven seven zero eight AFSL four five one two eight nine