Speaker 1: First, yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Some shop owners are just miserable, right, they just are, you know, and I get it. Maybe that that the choices in life, that is what they're the life they had imagined for themselves. However, there's no need to take it out on us. We just want to come in the shop, buy whatever you've got there and go. You know, there are some people there. He used to be a party shop right back in England and I would always have to go in twice a year to get balloons for the girls when they were younger for their birthday parties.
Speaker 2: Right, and I think running a party shop is someone celebratory chack.
Speaker 1: It was the miserbless man. Right. First of all, I write a stank of nicotine in there, right where he was obviously hated so much. Right, he was obviously just finishing a cigarette, bloody or kids coming off and it would never put the cigarette out, even though you know it's a legal smoke indoors. You could tell he was just having a cigarette. More kids coming in this party shop, right, and every one Sunday I had to go in as pre arranged. She was going to open up a bit early at nine to pick up thirty helium balloons and a and a unicorn. And I went in there and I had to make small talk with this guy, and he was aggressively moody, right, And I said, this just been quite a nice thing. I had a nice life to do this. And he went not particularly as he was thinking, as he was a pink cunicorn that looks so innocent being born into the sad, brutal world. I'm man there reaking of nicotine, not particularly, not as.
Speaker 2: Good as you think with.
Speaker 1: This big old existential sire as well, particularly filling up this pink unicorn bringing it to life. I thought, what a horrible existence, being trapped in a party shop with his kind of internal processes going on, where he just hated life.
Speaker 2: The miserable shopkeeper for us was next door to our school, was a service station, so of course you're gonna get kids every day going buy chocolates and that sort of thing. He hated children, set set up, move out, so he put all every day you'd have a different type of a four printed piece of paper with new rules up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no more than two kids.
Speaker 2: Everybody had to go in alone. So one student at a time. Your backpack had to remain outside the store, so you couldn't take your bag in, and you had to remain in view at all times. You couldn't go anywhere with obscure your view from the front counter. He said to me once and then I didn't do anything wrong. He looked at me and said, I know what you did. Wow, we has to put the fear of.
Speaker 1: God in you, Jesus. Was it an old guy he was yet?
Speaker 2: No, he was like thirty.
Speaker 1: There was a milk bar where we grew up right, and it was an elderly couple that ran it. And there again psychos. They hated kids. And I've fod saying, you know what, you've been in the game too long. Okay, if you're standing in your sixties selling sweets to kids who come in and nick half of them, I get it. It would drive me nuts after like forty years, because kids are after that half the stock has been nicked, isn't it? And it was years ago. This is when j remember Patsy when they used to have to get a ladder and then there were sweets up on top shelves and like big jars, so you'd always go in and this trick only ever worked once. Go oh the sweets on the top there and then that eventually they realized the moment they started got anything that was near You were just putting.
Speaker 2: Kid with pocketsful and you know what.
Speaker 1: About type two diabetes? All right, so this morning and give us a call. Don't name the business, right, I don't want anyone getting in trouble or drops to anyone. But do you remember, do you still know miserable shop owners? There are some, not all of them, some there were some really joyful ones. What is it about the people that work in post offices?
Speaker 2: The one near us they hate?
Speaker 1: They hate people and parcels the two piece? All right? Don't name the business, described the shop and just how miserable they are. Great story here from Nigel Christians. A kid I went to time zone in Philip Island, asked for change for a five dollars in one dollar coins. The guy was kind of under the pump, took my five bucks anyway, returned it with a huge, slurpy sized cup full of one dollars probably about one hundreds worth one hundred dollars in coins. He gave it to me and then continued rushing around served people. Mem My mate slowly walked out and head down the street with our loot. He chased me down the road, snatched the one hundred dollars slope cup back and said, that's a test of character, boys, and you failed. I think about this most days. That is the equivalent of you lose Charlie. Good day, sir. Welcome to the Christian No Common Show podcast