Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts. You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good?
Speaker 2: Hey, This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Friday Morning, Good Morning, Patsy Morning, Good Morning, Producer reown Morning, and Looky, Looky, Looky back again for maybe if we got our fingers cross Sport News. If you're lucky Alex, good morning morning. All right. So every Friday on the show, the first thing we do is you go around the team and we turn about things we're into at the moment. We call it double thumbs up. So there's a TV show or movie with anything you're enjoying, or a book at the moment, Text me now O four seven five three one oh four three rio, what's it for you?
Speaker 3: Mine is Gordon Ramsey's Secret Service.
Speaker 1: You probably haven't heard about it. Oh, I've seen this. I just kept it quiet because it is. I file this on They's so bad. It's brilliant territory exactly.
Speaker 3: He hasn't been getting a lot of press. I haven't seen a lot of people yapping about what a show. Here is the premise and look, it doesn't make a lot of sense. Don't ask too many questions, just come along for the ride. It's Gordon Ramsey. He is a secret agent for some reason. He's breaking into failing restaurants and saves them from themselves.
Speaker 1: The best bitch. There are a couple of bits. One that Scooby Doo mystery machine van is you know every week it's a different The name on the van is a different Gordon Ramsey reference littlety. Yes, okay, but the breaking in bits are so hammy it is.
Speaker 3: It's like a very cheesy movie. But he commits to the bit. He actually breaks into this.
Speaker 1: Leonardo DiCaprio, the method actually in him of reality TV. You get banged for butt with the Ramadam.
Speaker 3: He's got all the black outfit, he's got the little walkie talk Yeah, he's like cracking the codes he's breaking in. He's got an informed.
Speaker 1: He's got an informost an informant on the inside. The way to this. Oh my god, I gotta be really careful. This is close to being rumbled right now. As if if the if the raturant owner finds out who is, they're going to beat them to death. Yes, because even I watching it, I'm not Oh my god, who is it? And the other bit is where? So these people are hard at work and suddenly Gordon Ramsey comes flying it. He just goes shut it down, shut it down. There go home. If people go here, and we'll be like, no, in my one, you've committed a major felony breaking in right, and then he shut it down, shut it down. You go home, everyone go home. They just go The last.
Speaker 3: One I saw was the Greek restaurant and he storms in. It's a full restaurant, it's packed, and he goes put down.
Speaker 1: That lamb, eat that lamb.
Speaker 4: Cut out.
Speaker 1: He's not even the owner of the restaurant and these people. It's genuinely one of the most unintentionally funny shows I've ever seen. It's awesome. It's one of the great great show. It's just me that watched it. No, I've never heard that. Who is.
Speaker 2: What's?
Speaker 3: It's on Channel ten to only ten play how.
Speaker 1: Dare they hide that under a Bushe that deserves Emmy Awards and you get all.
Speaker 3: The classic Gordon Ramsey hits you after he's screaming at the odd sea bombs unnecessarily.
Speaker 2: It's just like.
Speaker 1: Every other word, every other word it is good. It is double double thumbs up. Yes, that's what this feature is built on. Great TV like that Gordon Ramsey's Secret Service. I'm telling you now, if you do any one thing from the show to this weekend, watch that show, you will email us thanking us for the unintentional comedy you watch the whole season about forty finals. What's it's big, It's September. It's Gordon Ramsey's Secret Service.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show, Friday Morning. We're doing double thumbs Up, which is about the things that we're really enjoying at the moment. For me, finally got around to seeing it on Father's Day. Perfect. My voice is breaking up so emotional when I talk about Adam Sandler because the sad Man is life happy Gilmore too, relentlessly funny and joyful. Ten out of ten for me.
Speaker 2: Movie of the.
Speaker 1: Year, Oh wow, Oh yeah. We're telling you now there should be Oscars for comedies because they change our lives. This relentlessly silly and funny, crammed with so many big name cameos. Every Eminem eating my crocodiles, yelling Detroit, what's not great about loves. I had the best Father's Day gift ella watching it with my daughters. That was their gift to me. Was like, well, watch I had been asking for quite a few months because it's been out since July, I think, and they were like no, and then Father's Day there has to be yes, and it was that. The other thing that my wife and I saw watched this week, which is outstanding is called Code of so Silence. It's a it's been getting rave views. It's a British TV police drama and it is so good. I think it's the same team that did The Line of Duty, which is one of the one of the best TV shows the last ten years. Code of Silence is a really, really great show. They're trying to take down a gang. The gang only meet in public places where there's a lot of background noise so they can't be bugged. They need a lip reader, and it's this amazing deaf actress. She is phenomenal and she's going to be a breakout star. She is so good. I cannot recommend the show enough. It's up there with Gordon Ramsey's Secret Service in terms of amazing acting and casting. The too. You can't separate them. That's code of silence, and that is on it's free. It's on SBS, I know, you know when there's a good show, it's one of the free ones. I don't have to pay for them. That's just getting SBS or if you have paid for it and you go back and look and go, oh, it's actually yes, yes, yeah. So that's it for me, Patsy, what's it for? Double thumbs up.
Speaker 4: Finally got to aka Charlie Sheen, which dropped on Wednesday on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Now this weekend.
Speaker 4: It looks great, it's brilliant. You know. He describes it as a love letter to his dad, Martin Sheen, and it is absolutely behind the curtain, no holds barred and just a guy, you know, battling substance and addiction abuse and just telling it how it how it was. So he's seven years sober and you see all the old you know movies. Obviously his dad's a famous actor, but he was just a born actor. Him and his brother Emilio est affairs and you get to see their home videos from when they were.
Speaker 1: Like the original brat Pack, Yes where the Keitha Southerlands.
Speaker 4: Great actors and they were almost like the original jackass. These videos of him and his brother, you know, like pretending to knock one another off, and it's it's absolutely some of the some of the parts, you're sitting there thinking, I actually don't believe what he's saying to wild life. His first honeymoon. They're on the jet to wherever they were going, I forget now. But he wanted to meet the pilot. He wanted a photo with the pilot. He was off his head on he was drunk. He'd had, like, you know, so many of those bottles of little Scotch. He said, I was so drunk, went I wanted a photo and he said to the pilot, who I think was friend, he said, oh, you know, it's not a photo without your jacket and your hat, and so yeah, yeah, go, you know, sit in the chair. That took and he said. The pilot said, do you want to fly the plane? And he said, I'm not a pilot, and he goes, no, I just like took it off auto pilot and let Charlie Sheen fly the plane. And he said it was just outrageous because I was off my head and I had like four hundred.
Speaker 1: People on board.
Speaker 4: Responsible for all these people.
Speaker 1: That's crazy and.
Speaker 4: Just put it back on auto pilot and just yeah, just phenomenal. I can't wait to see for years. Well, he's meant to be. He was meant to be a Karate Kid before Ralph Ralph mackey up, I want to which is a coffee?
Speaker 1: Is a two piece to go?
Speaker 4: But he was doing this unbeknowns first flick over in Budapest or somewhere, and he had like he said, he had like eight lines and he went to his dad, Martin, and he said, listen, I've got this opportunity to do this movie Karate Kid. I think it's going to be absolutely massive. And Martin said, no, you've committed yourself to to this Budapest job.
Speaker 1: You've got to do that.
Speaker 4: Otherwise you'll earn yourself a really bad name if you pull out of projects like that. You you've committed to it, you've got to do it. Wasn't meant to be, wasn't meant to be. So it's brilliant.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: AKA Charlie Sheen on Netflix Great and Platoon as well, and Tom Berenger about outstanding. Yes.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Friday Mornings to Christian O'Connell show. We're doing double thumbs Up. We go around the team on a Friday and we share what we're into at the moment. Alex Connen, what are you enjoying at the moment?
Speaker 5: Well, this is great news for football lovers because when the AFL season is over.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna watch? We look at you, look at the NFL.
Speaker 5: The National Football League season twenty twenty five, twenty six has started. It started last weekend and I just love NFL. I'm so into it. I listened to all the podcasts.
Speaker 1: Great What I See, I'm a Carl Brandt fan, and Good Morning Football. So I listened to that podcast. I've decided that this year, this season, I'm gonna follow it. Oh wow, that's why I was talking about Aaron Rodgers the other day. I've been watching the highlights of his debut. So what's good to listen to you? Because it's really hard as a complete outsider to understand there's so many different positions and players in the offensive defense.
Speaker 5: Well, there's fifty three players on a roster, and there's defense and there's offense. So if you're in defense, all you do is tackle, you might get an intercept. What is a Russia. A Russia is the person who rushes the quarterback. So the Russia plays in defense and they're responsible for trying to shut the quarterback down, tackle him and get a stop on the on the opposition.
Speaker 1: So they have like inside receiver. You think, okay, that's the receiver, then there's the wide receiver. Yes, there's just so much money in that sport. When you look at the signs of the team, it is incredible. It is so fascinating.
Speaker 5: And all the routes they run, all the plays they have, all the calls they make, you'll never get your head around it.
Speaker 1: Tom Grady said it would take him at the start of a new season about three to four weeks to learn Bill Belichick's new plays, right, and it's like pages and pages like math.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he's a traditional defensive coach, so he knew what the defense were doing.
Speaker 1: So he was so good to have.
Speaker 5: Well, he started with the Cleveland Browns and then of course he went and played coach the Patriots to six Super Bowls.
Speaker 1: Like incredible. But look, there's so.
Speaker 5: Many storylines this year. You've got Aaron Rodgers, he's left the Jets, He's gone and joined the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 1: He's doing really well.
Speaker 5: They won, of course, their game last weekend the Bills and the Ravens, an incredible game between those two. The Bills expected to win the Super Bowl this year with Josh Allen as their quarterback. So I'm all into it. I love it. And like I said, it's over the Christmas period, the Christmas break, you get to watch football.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: I know it's a football that most of us are too familiar with, but I suggest you get familiar with it because it's just a.
Speaker 1: Fascinating it's so traumatic as well. Yeah, friend of my friend of mine back in the UK, he's an American football commentator and reporter, and they get media access to everybody. Yeah oh yeah. The players don't leave the press conference until they've done the last introviewes AFL. Wheah, oh that player is not doing it. They have to talk to everyone.
Speaker 5: There's real access and they never What I love about it, they never change the jerseys because there's such traditionalists as well. Yeah, so there's never ever sponsorship on the jerseys. And what they do they sell merchandise that every club sells the merchandise, but all the money that's made from that merch goes to the NFL as a whole, doesn't go to the clubs, it goes to the NFL. So it's a multi multi billion dollar industry and they just do it so well.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Well, my friends were saying that when Prince did the halftime show, so you know they have the big halftime show, right, it's massive. Whoever that artist is. They have to play the press conference week to just reporters, right, chill or three hundred people, and he said it was Prince. And my friend Simon asked the first question. He said, what's it going to be like? And Princess goes like this and then did an hour of live music for them.
Speaker 5: Yes, what is amazing, proper that is rock and roll and the super Bowl. Yeah, he did halftime super Bowl and it was up the Z. Yes, Princess, He's sang purple Rain and it rained.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's that's how cool Prince was. He could control the weather and it just kept playing. It was amazing.
Speaker 5: But it's you can watch the NFL season twenty twenty five, twenty six on seven mates.
Speaker 1: Wow, I mean that was a great six too far on that line, I see Montana playing again. It was a good year. It was let's go back to it seven mate and Ko Sport Right, gotcha.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast