Speaker 1: Laura, come on in. Oh, that's bloody Friday.
Speaker 2: The end of the week, a public holiday for some and not for others.
Speaker 1: I e us, yeah, Oh, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, don't sound miserable. I'm so happy to be here.
Speaker 4: No, I'm more sad about the Powerball that we didn't win. That one hundred and fifty million dollar went off last night. I thought I was going to win. I had a ticket. My Alma bought myself, my two sisters, Becky and Rachel a ticket for Christmas.
Speaker 1: We all scanned it in text today, So we didn't win. How sad.
Speaker 4: And then we looked at the date and the purchase date of the ticket was actually from October. So what my Olma has done is she's saw the tickets and gone and scanned them. And when I didn't win, I was to give them the kids to the Green Kids's Christmas.
Speaker 2: So it wasn't even for yesterday's Powerball. No, it was for a different power No.
Speaker 4: The guy I thought, I was like, this isn't even for this one was like a ten thousand dollar local jack.
Speaker 3: I think hats off to her, Mitch.
Speaker 2: I also want to say, yesterday you were talking about the Powerball, and you were absolutely poo pooing it. You were like us, whatever generation you are, we don't do the power Ball. It's only for old people. And now you're crapping on your ow mar. Okay, I think you need to leave the Powerball alone. And I'm very sorry that you didn't win either. And I didn't have a ticket in it, so I was not in it to win it.
Speaker 1: That's a show. We can give the country something today, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, speaking of being in it to win it, Okay, if you've ever considered signing up for Maths Married at first Sight, it starts next Monday, and I love Maths, right, but if you've ever considered signing up, we have gotten the ins and outs of the application process, and let me tell you there's a few hoops that you have to jump through to get on that show.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: The goss next plus one thousand dollars cash up for grabs to kids returning to school if you're a kid. If you're a parent, you want a thousand bucks for your kid? All things to office works. That is yours to win before four o'clock here on the.
Speaker 2: Pickup's starting very soon. Something that I am particularly excited about. What I do a guess, come at me with something.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I don't know your period. I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: That is not something I'm excited about, but something that everyone loves this time of year.
Speaker 3: Married at first Sight, and I know out of.
Speaker 2: You lot you guys don't watch it, but I'm obsessed and I've watched every season and I just am sick for the drama because there's something fundamentally wrong with me. But what I wanted to tell you guys about is that recently there was this woman on TikTok.
Speaker 3: Her name is Julia.
Speaker 2: She created a TikTok which was all around the interview process for Maths. So she was one of the contenders that were in the running for this year's Maths. She was like shortlisted for twenty twenty four, but she decided last minute that she didn't want to do it.
Speaker 3: Now, she kind of had.
Speaker 2: This bait and switch because she made it all the way through the process. She got to do all of the interviews, she did all of the paperwork, and it's such a long journey like towards like so when you're doing like these interview processes, there's so much time and there's so much information that kind of you get, you get exposed to, and she decided that she was going to share it, so she created this TikTok. It went viral, and then we were going to get her on to talk about it today, and now she has changed her mind because of legal ramifications. The TikTok has gone down and no longer is she going to speak about it. But some of the some of the things and the hoops that they have to jump through the participants is pretty hairy, and I would love to unpack, like what is it that's required of these mass contestants?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that she was like almost so at first sight, like the well.
Speaker 3: That's what it was, right. I know, I personally don't think she gave us that much information.
Speaker 5: Like I know, everyone's frothing this video that this tell all TikTok. But from what I can see, all she said was it was an interview where they made sure I was a citizen. They did an STI check, which you know that's not rocket science to do that everywhere. And then there was just one line that she said where I was like, are you just trying to tell us that you speak five languages?
Speaker 3: Because one of the things she said.
Speaker 5: Was the producer said to me, Julia, you have three university degrees and you speak five languages. Are you sure you're going to find your intellectual equal on this show?
Speaker 1: What like?
Speaker 3: That's got nothing to do with anything. I disagree.
Speaker 2: I think that this is her showing how from the very get go they try and manipulate you into trying to figure out, Okay, are you a girl's girl?
Speaker 3: Are you going to fight? Anyway? We have Brent on the line now.
Speaker 2: Brent was from twenty twenty two when he was on the show Mass He was partnered with Tamara. If anyone, if you remember and cast your minds back to this, Brent, Hello, okay, oh.
Speaker 3: Okay, I want the four one one on this.
Speaker 2: Do you like, what was your experience like when you were going through the application process and now with the beauty of Hindsight? Do you think that there were some things in the application process that were a little bit dubious?
Speaker 6: No, I actually don't think it was dubious for me. I was giguing out it because I was like, Okay, she's quite smart. Without divulging too much, they really say that. Well, I mean, first of all, they want to make sure that you're not, you know, a bit of a nightcase. And then secondly that or I guess if they're they're doing it the right way. They want to ensure that you're going to bring entertainment to TV. I mean, which is probably the smartest thing. I guess. They really are good in trying to pair up your personality and what you would be like, I guess under pressure and that's kind of how they mix and match, which I think is brilliant considering we do get good TV out of these shows.
Speaker 5: But Brent, I'm thinking back to when I was on the Bachelor. Of my audition, I had to.
Speaker 3: Do some crazy things.
Speaker 5: They made us line up in front of each other, like all the girls and put ourselves where we thought the best looking in the best dress. Was like like choose ourselves and put ourselves in the line, and then look at each other and tell each other what we didn't like about each other.
Speaker 3: It was brutal. Is that kind of stuff happening in the maths? Auditions? Give us the juice?
Speaker 6: Well not really, I mean that sounds quite britllal in itself. I think more it was they're trying to see what you're willing to do interesting in terms of you know, how you have to like chews the faces of certain people. I mean, we had to do it in the show where you have to put the the deer in lining.
Speaker 1: To rank the part.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's yeah, So they do stuff like that. But I mean, I guess you know what I think. I think they just want to see how far you're willing to go to to poor yeah, and how far you will push back. And I guess to see how brittle you can be with your honest answers.
Speaker 2: But Brent, you even said earlier, you said, you know, without divulging too much, now you would have had to have signed a non disclosure agreement saying like we did back in the day. But do you actually think that the producers and the production company would ever sue someone or hold someone financially liable for the things they talk about?
Speaker 7: That's a tough one.
Speaker 6: We will, we will had these conversations before anyone in reality TV to see, you know, whether they really would. And I think, I guess if you really really are the person that throws off an entire season out on that cause of them, that much of a house must probably. I mean it's look, I was in a business aspective. I probably would too, because there's a lot of people out there just talking and then give me all the information and can't help themselves.
Speaker 4: I reckon they would, you know what I find interesting? And for you and for you, Laura and you, Britt, Laura, you you won.
Speaker 1: You got.
Speaker 4: Maddie j like, good for you, beautiful. We're all jealous, Brit hate to bring it up. Britt, you lost in a really big way. The honey Badger didn't pick you. Did they run up to you, Britt and go, Laura? They gave you a ring of flowers? But Britt, did they run up to you and go sign this? Sign this? Sign this? Because I imagine the experiences you both have were very different.
Speaker 1: Nah.
Speaker 3: They grabbed me by the ponytail, dragged me out of there, throwing the limo.
Speaker 5: They're like, maye you sign your life away. They went extra hard on us because we had an unprecedented ending like it had never happened before, and they thought it was gotten to Big God's gift to reality TV. So they went hard on, like really making sure that we didn't tell a soul.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I think?
Speaker 2: I think they just drive the fear into you so much that it's you know, no one wants to say the wrong thing, No one wants to step out of line for fear of the legal ramifications.
Speaker 3: But I don't think in.
Speaker 2: Australian history has anyone ever actually been sued yet.
Speaker 1: No, I agree. And also we all had to do a STD test to work on the Pickup.
Speaker 2: And did they ask you how many sexual partners you had?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not? Yeah, and I'll tell you all now, smaller than anything. All right.
Speaker 4: Next on the show, guys, we have a brand new game. You know, and when Mitch Cherry brings a game, they're always either terrible or we just we just laugh through them.
Speaker 1: I've got a new game.
Speaker 4: Can you guess which celebrity I'm talking about based on the smell alone, based on their smell?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm worried about this.
Speaker 1: Get your noses ready, Australia, we'll do it. Next on the Pickup Girls, Britta, Laura. I got a new segment here on the No give me a break.
Speaker 2: No, I'm frightened by this, Mitch, because every time you come up with a new game or a new idea. Not no, some of your ideas are great. I don't want to poo poo them. But sometimes the games are a bit silly.
Speaker 1: Okay, well this one today is very serious. Now that's not dumb.
Speaker 4: Dourmire is a famous Instagram gossip side. What they do is they publish inside goss on celebs and recently they posted their Instagram this question. They said, let us know celebrities you've encountered, who you have got a good smell of. If so, describe the celebrity scent. So that is yeah, that's why we're playing celebrity scent.
Speaker 2: I mean that's very specific, isn't it. Can I can I tell you I was once in a lift with Hugh Jackman and he smelt very good. And it was at the time when he was filming Wolverine, so he was this. I was like, that is a man you could climb.
Speaker 1: What did he smell like? Aurra and Williams and no despair?
Speaker 3: No he despair?
Speaker 2: Did you say pine j He smelt like a really nice coloate, like he'd probably just doused it because it was fresh.
Speaker 3: I remember thinking like, that's a good smelling man.
Speaker 1: It'd smell like tears at the moment.
Speaker 3: Nitch, that's so grim.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm gonna give you the described scent of a celebrity, and you both have to guess which celebrity it is. Celebrity number one and scent number one? Which singer allegedly smells like fresh laundry? Is it a Harry Styles b Justin Bieber or see Ed Sheeran Bieber.
Speaker 2: No, Biba looks dirty and probably smells dirty too. The boy hasn't had a shower since twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're a boomer.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think I think it's Ed cheering, ed cheering.
Speaker 1: Smelling like fresh laundry. Corrected, he said, should.
Speaker 3: Of course, he's so well put together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, someone described Ed Sheeran as having soapy nodes.
Speaker 3: Oh that's funny, terrible, that's really lame.
Speaker 2: There's no way that beaver smells like soap. Just okay, Like I'm gonna say, look at him again.
Speaker 1: But that's number two.
Speaker 4: Which actress smells ethereal like some kind of floral oil. Is it a Eva Longoria b Julia Roberts or see Kieran Knightley ethereal some kind of flower oil.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go Kieren Nightley. Okay. I think Kieran Knightley looks ethereal. But that's why. I think it's a trick question. I'm going to go Julia Roberts.
Speaker 1: You're both.
Speaker 4: It's Eva Longoria, the face of all the cereums. The she invented hyaluronic acid. Of course, she smells like flowers.
Speaker 3: Her face looks like a nineteen year old which.
Speaker 1: Old actor apparently smells dark, musky and sad and like sorry, what like sex?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you did say that word.
Speaker 3: Okay, terrible, don't repeat it all right?
Speaker 1: Is it Robert de Niro, Liam Neeson or Michael Fassbender?
Speaker 3: Michael Fastbender?
Speaker 1: It's what gave it away.
Speaker 2: He would smell like the latter, that's for sure. He's got that look about him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, which singer apparently smells heavenly? She is simply so floral and sweet, like a croissant. Is it Miley Cyrus, Olivia Rodrigo or Ariana Grande? Wait?
Speaker 3: Oh wait, wait, who's the first one?
Speaker 1: Like a buttery, heavenly Croissan.
Speaker 3: Like a croissant, Ariana Grande? What were the other options?
Speaker 1: Miley Cyrus or Olivia Rodrigo?
Speaker 3: Rodrigo It Rodrigo, Well done, Bridge, I was just thinking of Ariana Grande.
Speaker 2: You know how she went in and she put a finger in the doughnut, that big hole scandal. I was like, she smells the pastries final wine. And this is a battle of the crises.
Speaker 4: Which famous Chris smells like pine trees, freshly cut pine trees. Is it Chris Pine, Chris Evans or Chris Pratt?
Speaker 3: Chris Pratt. I think it's Chris Pratt because he works on a farm. He lives on a farm.
Speaker 1: Well, you'd both be wrong. Chris Pine smells of pine trees.
Speaker 4: There you go, he does it. And now it was the first annual celeb Sense. Every year on this date we will play this game.
Speaker 2: I think you'll forget about it, and next year we won't, but I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 3: In twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Every Friday we play Celebsense here on the pickup.
Speaker 3: Do you know what we do do every day?
Speaker 2: That's of this week anyway, We've had one thousand dollars to give away every day this week to the smartest, the most genius of children. One thousand dollars from office works to the smartest kids only, and that is coming up next for.
Speaker 4: Grabs after this on the pickup. Listen, this is our last wad of cash one thousand dollars in the studio ladies for this. It's back to school season for the kiddies, isn't it.
Speaker 2: So We've got one thousand dollars to give away from Office Works to only the smartest children. And every week we've been giving away, I mean every week, we've had some pretty smart kids on. Every day of the week, we've had some smart kids on.
Speaker 1: We really have Let's meet today's final contestants.
Speaker 3: Loves drawing and reading books. Could count to one hundred and.
Speaker 1: Eighteen months old.
Speaker 4: Her mom calls her Google because she knows the answers to everything.
Speaker 1: Please welcome to the pickup.
Speaker 3: Charlie's Hi Google, Hi, Hi, Charlie.
Speaker 5: What an absolutely amazing nickname. What's your favorite subject at school?
Speaker 3: Charlie's math, maths?
Speaker 1: That makes sense? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are you ready to win a thousand dollars?
Speaker 2: Charlie's yeah.
Speaker 4: Charlie's If you're Google, what happens if you search Brittany Hockley and Laura Burn what comes up?
Speaker 1: And maybe the word tabloid? Do not do that?
Speaker 7: Charlie's up, it comes up with you guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go. She knows exactly what's going on. She know had a four for your tricks, Mitch Jury. Okay, Charlie's for one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: You've got three questions that we need you to answer, and I'm going to kick it off. I think the first one is pretty hard. Okay, what do you know about planets? Charlie's do you know a bit about them?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 7: I know my first year of planet.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, all right, she's confident. I like it plays a confident game. All right, Charlie's, what is the biggest planet in our solar system?
Speaker 7: It would be Sattin And if you're counting the Sun, then it's either the Sun or Satturn.
Speaker 3: Oh that's not it, but I'll give you a clue. It rhymes with.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say stupider, but that's definitely not what anyone is here.
Speaker 7: It's stupid, Yes, stupid, Charlie's.
Speaker 3: I knew you had it in you. Don't worry. I'm gonna help you. We're gonna help you get there for this thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Question two, Charlie.
Speaker 5: All right, Charlie, she said you like art at school. Here, okay, I have an art question for you. What two colors mixed together to make the color orange.
Speaker 7: The color orange are red and yellow.
Speaker 3: She's good, is good. We're almost there to that thousand dollars, Charlie.
Speaker 4: This is the final question. Charlie's get this right and you get the cash today. Which fraction is larger? This is good because you like a map. Which fraction is larger? One half or one quarter? Which has got more in it?
Speaker 7: One half?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, child genius, I won the one thousand.
Speaker 3: You did, Charlie's. You won a thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: What's Nana gonna say? Give her a shower out?
Speaker 7: A shout out to Jackie Mitchell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Charlie's, that's so so sweet.
Speaker 3: What do you reckon? You're going to buy for yourself from office Works?
Speaker 7: I'm going to buy a laptop for school with a case and some headbones.
Speaker 3: That sounds very responsible. I like that you're getting a case.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and buy something for Nana, Okay, like a mince pie or something.
Speaker 2: I don't think they have those officers. Maybe a nice photo frame and so photos printed. You are so welcome, and good luck going back to school. Charlie's bye bye.
Speaker 1: If you need any of your stationary stuff, you've got to go to Office Works. They will not be beaten on price on back to school prices with a price beat guarantee.
Speaker 4: Exclusions apply. You got to see the website for details. Wasn't she the cutest thing.
Speaker 6: In the world?
Speaker 2: This has been my favorite, Like of all the little prizes and game shows and everything else that we do, this has been one of my favorites. Being able to give a thousand bucks away to kids. Is I mean it warms the heart?
Speaker 1: Doesn't it keep celeb sense though? Over the thousand dollars to kids?
Speaker 2: What you think sniffing? I'd love to know how, Like do you classify as a celeb?
Speaker 3: Mischuri?
Speaker 1: That's not for me to describe.
Speaker 3: I would love people to describe how you smell it. I don't want to do it right now. You smell good, but I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get close enough to have to describe your body odor.
Speaker 1: Got it on radio to people, you just smell a ventil and.
Speaker 3: Okay, anyway, let's get out of here, guys. Happy public holiday everyone across the country. We hope you're having a great day.
Speaker 1: We'll see you back Monday. Your see you, guys.