Speaker 1: Just when you think Maths Married at First Site can't get any worse, it does. It shuts us up real quick, and it's like, hey, you thought we were already cooked, We're about to be more cooked.
Speaker 2: There are all these rumors going around.
Speaker 1: Now this hasn't happened on the show, but everyone's talking about them. It's been released by a quote unquote insider that there's the biggest twist to ever happen on Married at First Site.
Speaker 2: It's never happened before. So what it is.
Speaker 1: It's a new challenge called is the Grass Always Greener? And what they do is they've given all of the Maths contestants who are now they're so deep in the show, they're with their partners. They give them an envelope that has their backup spouse on it, and they say, this is the person you are almost matched with.
Speaker 2: Do you want to see it? Do you want to meet this person?
Speaker 1: And they're asking them this question in a private room, so their partners don't know if they decide to meet them or not. So you don't know if your partner has said yes to meeting theirs. You don't know if you should say no to maintain your release ship integrity, or you don't know if you should say hey, should I just say yes in case my partner says yes.
Speaker 3: I saw this, And also that's said that this has been the undoing of so many relationships, so obviously a lot of people have opened the envelope to check. We disagree, but I have.
Speaker 2: Strong feelings about this.
Speaker 3: If you have made the commitment to be in this relationship, if you are riding stay on that couch every day and someone hands you an envelope that says here could be a better match for you and you open it, you are clearly not that invested with your partner, And if you choose to open it, it is either you don't have a very high emotional EQ or secondly, it's a pretty clear indication about how that person feels about your relationship. So if your partner's going to open that envelope, I would be riding leave the next time I'm on the couch.
Speaker 1: Maths does not scream invest it. This show is a train wreck. It is not like The Bachelor or these other really wholesome dating shows. This show is constantly challenging relationships. I think firstly, this shouldn't even be a challenge it's setting them up for failure.
Speaker 2: It's like Maps is.
Speaker 1: Saying, we genuinely do not want successful couples. But what I will say is I'd be pretty damn curious if I was on a show like this. Pretend that I am the really genuine person, right, I genuinely want to find love on it. You're two months in, You're with a partner who seems to be fine, they're great, you get along. If somebody came to me three experts and said, hey, we put so much time and effort into trying to find your soulmate, your perfect match. This is the person that we thought was pretty close but almost might not have made it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to tell you I'd be curious.
Speaker 3: I know you'd be curious. But my thing is is I don't think that you can blame the experiment for putting these types of obstacles in place that people are failing so now, because the reality is, you've got to take some personal responsibility. If you open that envelope, you have to know that it's going to hurt your partner. You have to know that when your partner finds out that the curiosity of finding out who was better than them is going to hurt their feelings and that maybe they won't want to be with you anymore. So for me, I'm like, you can blame it on the experiment throwing spanners at you, but life is going to throw temptation at you at every point.
Speaker 1: It's different because in real life is the grass always greener? Means there could be someone walking down the street that you're like, well, they're hot. There could be someone online on Instagram that post bikini photos.
Speaker 2: They're the temptations. This is different.
Speaker 1: These are three professionals that are saying they scoured Australia.
Speaker 2: To find your perfect match.
Speaker 1: So if you are genuinely like, oh I really want to find love, they come to you dangling a carrot, saying this could literally be your soulmate because we put so much of our resources, time and energy into it. As if you're not going to be like, oh what if they're the more most perfect person for me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally. But also Britt, keep in mind it was the second choice. It was the person that they thought was the backup to the person that they thought was perfect.
Speaker 1: Yes, but these contestants know the people that they have chosen are to make a TV show.
Speaker 2: The people that are chosen by maths. We all know when they feel.
Speaker 3: The person in that envelope is to make a TV show.
Speaker 1: But the reason he wasn't chosen or she wasn't chosen he's probably too normal and they weren't.
Speaker 2: Going to cause enough.
Speaker 1: No, you know how reality TV works now they cast for drama.
Speaker 3: I think about this from my own experience, and maybe the reason why I kind of feel more strongly about it is because, you know, doing The Bachelor and meeting my husband on that show, I know that sometimes it does work out right, like we are a rare success story, but it did happen. I imagine if I had gotten three quarters of the way through the experiment of The Bachelor, if they had come to me and said, hey, do you know what. You're still competing against five other girls at the moment, but we have another guy who we think could be perfect for you.
Speaker 2: Do you want to meet him?
Speaker 3: There's no way I would have said yes to meeting him, because I was so sure that there was something special about my relationship with Matt that I wouldn't have jeopardized it because I don't think the grass is greener, and so I think for me, when I see this.
Speaker 2: It is a really clear.
Speaker 3: Indication as to where these couple stand and whether they're going to make it in the real world or not. It's just fast track them to the breakup that was clearly inevitable.
Speaker 2: I so disagree. Anyway, we've got to get out of it. I'm opening the envelope.
Speaker 3: Soz if I'm on mat, you're getting broken up with you a single for ten years, I've broken up with on The Bachelor.
Speaker 2: I couldn't even get it. So yeah, I'm talking a hundred percent open in the envelope. Luckily I'm getting married anyway.