Speaker 1: Hi guys. Hi, it's us. Before we start the show. We just wanted to jump in here and let you know that coming up later in the podcast, we're going to be doing a little prank on Jenna, our third wheel. She joins us every week on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were about to do something after the two. Is it just me? It's how we start the show every week.
Speaker 1: Yes, keep an ear up because she's not here right now. That's why we're this is us. You're going to know what's happening when it happens, but she won't. It's a brand new segment that we're calling gas lighting Jenna gas light.
Speaker 2: Now, we're not awful people.
Speaker 1: No, If you don't know what gas lighting is, it's just got a little Google says gas lighting is to manipulate someone by psychological means into doubting their own sanity, and gas lighting is described as one of the most toxic traits that someone can exhibit Jesus in a friend.
Speaker 2: And we're putting this on Jenna.
Speaker 1: Yes, So essentially we're gonna try and convince her that she agreed to do a segment and watch her freak out. If you knew here, she's very timid, out Jenna.
Speaker 2: My prediction, Yeah, she would streak out.
Speaker 1: A little bit. She'll whale anyway, like Mitch said after the two igems, So like what in about.
Speaker 2: Fifteen depends on how we waffle on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'll hear us gas lighting Jenna and.
Speaker 2: We're going to commit to the bit. Right. We have to pretend that she pre planned this segment.
Speaker 1: Can't wait to see how's your coaches? Anyway, let's get into the show.
Speaker 3: People do some weird ship.
Speaker 2: Hello on Tracy Grimshaw, welcome to a parent affair tonight.
Speaker 1: We're coming to you from my bedroom.
Speaker 2: Summer fetings make more sense than the others. Switch Australian gymnast One Commodore games Gold in nineteen ninety that his performance on the pommel Horse India, Marcus, grow up.
Speaker 3: Bless yourself for observations you didn't ask for.
Speaker 1: You are a cheap tramp and a filthy liar.
Speaker 3: This just still to play a couple of mitches dreckon.
Speaker 1: We should include Jenna's name in the opener, tell about a compromise. We'll say her name, but it's said in the similar.
Speaker 3: Lubi perfect, no mature.
Speaker 2: And I'm exhausted.
Speaker 1: Here we are back again why are you so tired?
Speaker 2: Oh so hard being on radio, then podcasting and TV. I'm on every medium.
Speaker 1: I know. It's been a big day for us, hasn't it TV debut I not walked together. Yeah, I've been on before, but yes, at the time of record right now, this morning, we were on Studio ten together promoting this fuck damn podcast.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm still not quite sure how that happened.
Speaker 2: Neither am I and I slandered them like I made a derogatory comment about the show and a gun nut, and then they're like, come on.
Speaker 1: So, if you were listening last week we were talking about how we wanted to get pressed for the show, we were just like I remember back in the day that it used to be really exciting when you saw yourself in the local paper and then on a whim you were like, let's let's see if we can get on TV because I'm higher. Yeah, And then we managed to make it happen. We'll play it out in full later on and do the full story.
Speaker 2: And of course it spiraled me into an existential crisis because Kerry and Kennily hates me, and I haven't been out, you know. I finished my show at midnight last night. I woke up at seven to come here to do the cross from Kiss. It was the whole thing, And then I couldn't app because my mind was swirling. Kerry and looked at me. She glad at me. She didn't laugh at my jokes, and she made some comments that I actually believe were directed straight towards me.
Speaker 1: Look, I did get a couple of messages from people who were like, God, Kerry Anne was a bit harsh on you guys, wasn't she. This is like an Australian TV icon we're talking about. Yeah, I think that's just her. She's kind of got this dry cynicism about her. Yeah, and we'll play the audio later and you guys can be the judge. But like, ah, I really don't think she dislikes you. I think you're just being needy.
Speaker 2: Well, I think she is to apologize formally, Jenna, did you see it? Jenna is here high for one? Thank you. We're sorry. We asked if we could have an extra microphone and they said they were all out. They've rented them all, and then the zoom couldn't do three people.
Speaker 1: We're very sorry with our third wheel. Grounds keeper Jennish is here every week, but hey, it's a big show for you anyway.
Speaker 4: If I've been on Studio ten before with the goat, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is true, so we've all had this story there again.
Speaker 4: You were in Turning of the East to show the Sydney Royal Easter Show and I was I helped bring in some goats for Studio ten segment about the Easter show.
Speaker 1: There's like a little flash of her in the corner of the screen. She wasn't meant to be on the screen, but like they panned to follow the goat.
Speaker 2: Hanging in the background of Wizard of Hearts, you have to work really closely to find it.
Speaker 1: They told me not to appear on screen, yes, to.
Speaker 2: Be like the goat is the star gen Yes.
Speaker 4: So, but then the goat started running yeah, a whole on the camera.
Speaker 2: Well, we're sorry we couldn't have you one, but you'll have your moment to shine later in the episode, which is nice.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I think we should start, really, don't you.
Speaker 1: Let's get into it.
Speaker 2: Let's muck around, Let's start with the Is it just me? It's something that's how we start the show every week, but something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. Basically, Mitch, you come with one, I come with one, and neither of us know what we're about to do. This is like a first take for the two of us.
Speaker 1: That's right. I'm gonna do it a little bit differently this week. First things first, we've got Xander on the phone right now.
Speaker 5: Hi, Darling, Hey boy, how are you going?
Speaker 1: We're so good now, Mitch, I've been chatting with Xander on Instagram and I've asked him to come on to do and is it just you? Because I'm interested to hear what you have to say about this in particular. So I'm actually going to forfeit my iGEM. I want to kick off the show. Oh with this? All right? You're ready to go? Xander?
Speaker 2: Yes, all right?
Speaker 1: Hit it Bradley.
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 5: Do you refuse to let someone stay over your house after you've hooked up with them? Because I don't understand the logic behind it, the.
Speaker 2: Logic behind the hook up or the kicking out?
Speaker 5: Look, why would you let someone stay over a random person? In your bit?
Speaker 1: So you're a fan of a Root and Booter, are you?
Speaker 2: That's Louis Jesus Family program? So horror, I'm confused, Mitch, do you agree with this? And you've just like, well, how has this come about?
Speaker 1: Well, it's it's very interesting that this has come up when it has, because I've only recently changed my mind on this topic because someone that I hooked up with recently said to me afterwards, in no uncertain terms, get the hell off my property please, And it was would well, well, this is the thing. I got such a rude shock at first, because every hookup in the past of mine before this, i'd stayed over either me at their place, them at my place. And to me, it's not a big deal. It's like the equivalent of offering a glass of water. It's like, oh, you can crash a few.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Most of the time, there's no discussion.
Speaker 5: You don't know where that person's been. I mean, okay, having said that, you'd just.
Speaker 2: You do they've been in you you know exactly where they've been, Like where do you draw the line when it comes to exchanging germs?
Speaker 1: And so I used to be like, oh, it's fine, it's no big deal, which I still kind of believe, Like I'm not fussy about sleeping, like I'll crush on someone's couch whatever. Yeah, I'm not it's not a big deal. But you crushed on my couch the other week exactly, Like I don't care. I'm not one of those I have to be in my own bed kind of people, right. But when I was evicted from the home recently.
Speaker 2: So through the window, it's time to go. Mitchell, You're like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: But I was thinking to myself, I have lived with my housemate for a year now, and he is I've never once woken up and had someone that he's been hooking up with there the next morning.
Speaker 5: Like he's a normal person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, he's like yous and he just's he likes his own space. Once he's done with them, he's done with as soon as.
Speaker 5: We're done, I need their I need them and their skin particles as far away from my house as possible.
Speaker 1: What do you mean by as soon as you're done?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Like, are we talking once you've both finished or are you very selfish? Like you get off and then it's like you just take yourself and.
Speaker 5: You you know, okay, I mean you can have a bit of a chat, but like just like go then like go go.
Speaker 2: You know what, hold on, Sorry, I'm just gonna want them, Sanda, I'm gonna do something. Hold on, wait, there.
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Could you not live with yourself if you kick someone out of your home after sleeping with movie? I would watch YouTube, I will get the linen out, I'll put it. I could not kick someone out after kissing someone, let alone copulating with someone in my own bed.
Speaker 5: I thought you said this. Having said this, my ex boyfriend the first time at him was a hook up, and I let him say because I was absolutely just like taken aback. I was like, oh my god, I want him to stay here forever.
Speaker 2: Right romantic.
Speaker 5: It's the only time ever. But other than that, get out.
Speaker 2: But what's the problem with it? You've literally had them in your.
Speaker 5: Mouth and my own insecurities, I just, I just, I just it's.
Speaker 2: My insecurity is keeping them there because I don't want to be hated. Also, what I'm offering isn't exactly a ten plus service, you know, so I want to make sure they're happy with all the amenities because they might not be thrilled with what I was giving them, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I know I knew that you were going to feel this way about this topic. I love that you've dedicated your origin to it as well. You're that passionate you would just make like breakfast in bed.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean you kind of just came out of the closet and then you're basically married. So I know that you're not really that familiar with hookup culture, but I feel like you would be such like you'd probably freak them out with like the cleanliness.
Speaker 4: They'd wake up and you'd be making pancakes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'd leave a towel on the end of bed.
Speaker 2: No crap, pancakes are too heavy and penetration. Well, when I last time I hooked up with a woman, God feel like eons ago. I did stay the night, but then I did also wake up with a face full of blood. I think I've told that story, haven't I just don't get a bleeding no. Well that's the running theory, but we won't go into the other.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I stayed there with a bloody no, so nothing would stop me. But so did you? Were you offended that he asked you to leave me at first?
Speaker 1: But then I thought about it, and I think some people's brains are just wide differently, people like my house made, people like Xander on the phone, like, I reckon that.
Speaker 5: I think that you myself. I think myself if I went to someone's house for a hook up and then just invited myself to stay afterwards, that I don't like, why would you do that?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think you invite yourself. I think it's just been coincidence that every time in the past it just hasn't anything. It's been like, oh, you can crash if you want.
Speaker 5: But did someone come over? And then it was we kind of finished, and then they were like, oh cool, so later tonight we can blah blah blah blah blah. And I was like, I have plans alone.
Speaker 2: Yes, a mood, but you have to set boundaries. You do have to.
Speaker 1: So you said that the only person you've let say over has been someone that you had feelings for. Do you reckon? That's why people like you Xander don't like having hook up sleepover because they're that afraid of commitment. They're like, oh god, I'm.
Speaker 2: Leading them on. They're catching feelings.
Speaker 1: They have to get out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just seeing a psychologist.
Speaker 1: Because I'm the opposite. I'm like, to me, it's not like a positive sign or like, oh they must be into me because they're staying over. It's just not a thing. It's it's like, you know, relaxed crash if you want.
Speaker 5: Look, I am literally seeing a psychologist for commitment issues.
Speaker 1: For commitment issues.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so this could be we might be getting too deep.
Speaker 1: Now, classic top energy, isn't it?
Speaker 5: Sais queen bottom of self?
Speaker 3: Oh have you too fun?
Speaker 2: There's a weird energy in the room. I'm the general to I am this is creepy.
Speaker 1: We haven't fucked.
Speaker 2: Just for the record, right, but you too the matching part.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Please don'tly awkward.
Speaker 2: If you make it awkward, kick him out. All right? Well, thank you.
Speaker 1: You're on the central coasts in Yeah, no, that's too far for a bout and bood. If I'm not I'm not allowed to fucking stay the night. I'm not gonna bother.
Speaker 2: Oh well, you too, a body disgusting. Why don't you find someone to marry? And you should start thinking about morals?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Thanks, well, thank you, Xander, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys, happy fucking.
Speaker 3: Just move. Don't forget to subscribe and leave a review on your podcast app or follow on the Spotify.
Speaker 1: Hey, what's your vibe on showering with people as well, someone you've just met, like a hook up. Oh no, I tend to think that that's more more intimate than just sleeping in someone's bed next to them, just alongside.
Speaker 2: You're cleaning the dirt from your body. I know.
Speaker 1: But some people are into it and they just think it's the cheeky thing to do with a stranger. I'm like, no, like the lights are on for starters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's nice with a partner, that right, And when you know someone, when you've seen the crevices, no, But where someone you've just met, no, thank you. Also, I have very sensitive skin, so I have to have it quite cold showers and the blood pressure I get quite hot. So Hailey, you hate and hate it because my showers are often like maybe nineteen degrees. He pumps it right, that Asian pot. He loves it. But we can't shower together because we have we have different heat body you know, thermometers. It doesn't work.
Speaker 1: You certainly can't bath together.
Speaker 2: We drive drive to and all the insurance claim after we wet the carpet.
Speaker 1: Anyway, if you guys want to come on the show and do an is it just me of your own don't forget you can Dan Amazon, Instagram, we can get you on the phone for a chat, or just send us a voice message up to you at a couple mitches. Is where you can find it on TikTok.
Speaker 2: Really that's the new thing, right, DMS on on the talk.
Speaker 1: Do you think you have to be following each other to DM on TikTok.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, we don't follow anyone back.
Speaker 1: I know what I'm doing, all right, I said, go fucking DMS and Instagram. If you want to do it, is it just you? That's how you do it.
Speaker 2: I was trying to be hip and cool and current DMS on a LinkedIn for business inquiries. Anyway, let's move right along.
Speaker 1: This is it.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for this year.
Speaker 1: Me too, Yes, I really am.
Speaker 2: Right now, I will just pass it over to you, Jenna.
Speaker 1: It's up to you what your big moment is. Finally here, Jenna, it's your time to shine. Yep, I have no idea, so Jenna, if you knew here, Jenna made the grand claim last week that she is like a whiz in the kitchen, and she had this really easy hack to show us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you literally have been saying for weeks that you have a traditional old English handturned butter recipe that you want to do on the show.
Speaker 1: So did you get the ingredients that she asked for?
Speaker 2: I literally went to Glee Point Road. Thank god. I live in a progressive area. I don't know what the hell of Scobie is, but jenn I sent me the recipe last week and was like, get all these ingredients.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see this.
Speaker 2: So there's the ingredients. I've got the sloby in there and the starter.
Speaker 1: Take it, thank you.
Speaker 2: I don't know why we're running this thing. And then I've got all the ingredients to sell. And then you've got the cure and mixture in the bowl, and then you've got the cheese cloth. So Jenna, take it away when you're ready cold.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: For someone who's been talking about this for months, you think she'd be a tad more confident.
Speaker 4: I know, but it's just a secret recipe, just the family recipe from way back.
Speaker 1: So what's step one Jenner for handchurning your own your own butter?
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: So first of all, I'm going to open this.
Speaker 2: Cup of liquid and I am holding it's a Scoby Jenner. I had to go all the way to the glead markets to get there. Yes, of course I'm open scopy. You explained what a scopy is. It's just old fashion. Why did you want to do this so badly?
Speaker 1: I'm so Why didn't you bring your recipe in your old family recipe and to follow if you're confused? Yeah, I know I should have anyway, what he's going on? Did you write it? I still have the shopping list that she gave you. Maybe we can read from that. She's forgotten her own j D m.
Speaker 2: Me on Thursday and said I'm still doing Janna's kitchen. I said yes, j Kirchen and then she said, oh, DM you the ingredients. Three days later, Oh.
Speaker 1: God, she's got the early onsets. So now I'm scared.
Speaker 2: Yes, Lina doing anything to get your father.
Speaker 1: And that concludes the first ever round of gas lighting Jenna.
Speaker 2: That was funny.
Speaker 1: That made me scared.
Speaker 2: I was like, we did turn her.
Speaker 1: Down, turn her down? Yeah, look how much she's speaking. God, Jenna overwhelmed down.
Speaker 3: Why did you just why did you walk with it?
Speaker 1: Why didn't you say to the absolute get go?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I don't recall fucking agreeing to hand churning my own cheese or butter on the podcast because.
Speaker 2: I thought maybe I did, and then I forgot.
Speaker 1: We actually gas lit her. She was questioning her own sanity.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 1: I was like, no, maybe I literally did.
Speaker 2: Miss What are you going to do.
Speaker 1: With that ship in the bowl?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: I don't know what what is?
Speaker 2: It's not as go? That's me so soup from my Japanese.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Is it just Me?
Speaker 3: A podcast by a couple of midges.
Speaker 1: The really time for us to get out of here. But before we do that, let's bring back an old segment that we've really been neglecting. We've been quite slack with this segment, but we've brought it back in the biggest way possible.
Speaker 7: Come on, baby, you.
Speaker 1: Know you got a huse.
Speaker 2: I this is one of my favorite segments.
Speaker 1: You gotta hustle. It's our way of promoting our podcast. And god, it's been a while. We've been really slack with the hustling.
Speaker 2: When was the last time we hustled? Was it with Damie m I think it was?
Speaker 1: Actually no, it was episode four of season one, you tried to make me? Or maybe episode five you tried to make me prank call someone with a missing pet.
Speaker 2: Oh the budgy. That was Jenni's idea. Yeah, gaslighting you now, Oh well, it's a segment where we just try and get our podcast out there. We try to promote it in unconventional ways.
Speaker 1: We will plug it wherever, whenever, whatever it takes, bit by bit, we will grow the audience. But today we've got a big leg up because if you were listening last week to the podcast, you would have heard that we were talking about, Oh, how exciting was it when you used to be featured in the local and newspaper as a kid, And so we were like, let's try and achieve that again. And we've got any journalist's friends. We could reach out to.
Speaker 2: Andrew Buckler, a good friend at the news dot com dot.
Speaker 1: Year, And I thought, it can't be that hard to get a local news right up. I feel like my local newspaper back home they used to go in depth about the local swimming carnival results. So surely two boys doing a podcast wouldn't be a hard sell. We've had no bites so far as far as the local paper goes. But you said, let's aim higher.
Speaker 2: I just was literally throwing, you know, caution into the wind. Let's try for Studio ten, and then you put it on Twitter. Sarah Harris, the anchor of the show, heard it. And then the next day we were on Studio ten.
Speaker 1: I got a call being like, see you're on Yeah, and so we were like shitting ourselves a little bit, like, oh my god, we have hustled hard this time. Yeah, this is the ultimate hussle to get handing out flyers and calling people with missing budget. It's like they're on national fucking television.
Speaker 2: You never find your budgs.
Speaker 1: You were on TV, but the moment of glory was ruined for you a little bit because you're a little bit worried that carry Ane Kennerley Ozzie TV icon. She's brilliant, was no fan of yours, and I'll admit she was a little bit. She didn't love us, let's put it that way.
Speaker 3: She didn't hate me.
Speaker 2: I accidentally made a slur against her dog. You'll hear the audio, but I don't think she's sold or quite understands what a podcast is.
Speaker 1: I did get a couple of messages being like, god, carry Anne was a little bit salty towards you guys.
Speaker 2: Well, I DMed her trying to get her back on my side, but she hasn't relied. I just said thank you so much for really.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you care so much about being liked?
Speaker 2: I just don't know. I don't like knowing this bad bite. Anyway, you can make up your mind.
Speaker 1: Look, anyone who has watched that show, they would know that Carry Anne kind of has this dry cynicism about her. Yeah, that's kind of a thing. She often plays like Devil's advocate on that show, and so I think that's what she was doing. She was grilling us a little bit. She was like, who are these young things doing a podcast? But I wasn't offended. I just thought that's just her being her. But you have not let it go.
Speaker 2: No, I just I went home because I finished at midnight, came back, did the cross, went home, tried to nap, couldn't nap. I was just thinking it over it. What could I have said to Kerriyan? What did I say to Kerry? And did I insult Carry Anne? Are we ready to hear?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: All right, let's roll it. Well, it seems this global pandemic has given us two things, banana bread and a lot of podcasts.
Speaker 1: And our mates Mitch and Mitch from KISSFM are no different. They are on a mission to get a.
Speaker 5: Little bit.
Speaker 2: Big.
Speaker 1: I just wanted a little corner piece in a local paper that says these two boys are making a podcast.
Speaker 2: Good on them. Hold on a second, you know, Jessica Rowe don't you know Sarah Harris is the one. Yes, why don't we message Sarah and see if we can get a like a slot on city. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's how it works. I said, I want to a little bit in the paper, not a segment of Citio same higher.
Speaker 2: I was watching this morning and let me tell you, they did a story on gum nuts on a tree.
Speaker 3: Jesus, I did.
Speaker 2: All right, Well we should go.
Speaker 1: We just uck in getting our little feature in a newspaper. Consider us your local rag. Mitch and Mitch, you were asked, we delivered. Nice to see you. First of all, Mitch in Denham. What gum nuts?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, no, no seat, No, you know what I'm going.
Speaker 1: With Larry and Kylie, we'd never do for sure.
Speaker 2: I think it was better homes and gardens. It was very early. I was confused, and no, I fully take that back. I believe it was Kerry Ann's labrador. The day I was watching and that was enthralling television. So I take it all back, Golden Retriever. Sorry, Kerry, I'm so sorry, and carry you just speak, You speak.
Speaker 1: All right, fellas, give us your best pitch, Mitch and Mitch. Why should people listen to your podcast? Well, we like to think of it as giving younger listeners heads up of all the rude shocks that are going to come with becoming a young adult. So I don't know how how how how old are your kids now, Sarah? And how old's Amelia? Mine is twelve? She might be right in me.
Speaker 2: To listen to them.
Speaker 1: She's too young men, she's around seventeen. She can tune in and we can just be like, hey, heads up, these are all the speed bumps that you might not have expected to happen. Like even recently, this Mitch moved out of home what was it two weeks ago? Very finally, and he didn't realize that houses, every household doesn't just come with a tea towel. You have to buy your right. You thought they were like recycle bits, every house just had a tea.
Speaker 2: They thought they gave you the keys, You signed the contract and they go here you go he's a country road tea Tawlune. They came with a property. Mitch was getting his car service and he thought a genuine car part meant that the car part was just honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did, No, I did what I meant. I'm like, it seemed sincere to me. I don't know, adulting is very very hard work. What else have you discovered about having to grow up?
Speaker 2: Well? I think the thing is also having a podcast is like running. I'm like a small bit. We're a small business owner. We do a segment. This is part of the broader segment. You got a hustle, so you just have you guys know, you got a hustle.
Speaker 1: We've been doing all sorts of random whack things to try and promote the podcast. We were like this close handing out flyers. So it's great that you guys have helped us out and had us on today. We appreciate it. But I still really want something that my grandparents can cut out and stick on the fridge. So fingers crossed. The local paper is watching. It doesn't matter what local paper. We can pretend to be local anywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you're trying to earn a living and you're doing a podcast. Yes, I know it's that sad.
Speaker 2: I know right.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing. Like I said, younger listeners can listen, but the older listeners they like to just listen and go. God 'p, Lenny, you're stupid. So's there's something for everyone.
Speaker 2: Make money.
Speaker 1: Just give me an example of how you will make money. Have you got a business plan? Well, look, I don't want to accidentally clash with any of your existing clients. Who's a sponsor. I can think I'll do a credit line sham wow them anyway, Wow, thanks to ShamWow. This isn't just me. Thanks for tuning in, Fellers, good luck of the podcast. Just quickly at Mitch before we let you go, which say blinds for us?
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm wrapping up. I'm getting the wrap from the producer. Say it. I think it's time to say it blind.
Speaker 1: He adds an extra syllable to the word blind.
Speaker 2: Not intentionally blind. That's an Aussie.
Speaker 1: It's part of really hard time saying it.
Speaker 3: It's all fire.
Speaker 1: Thanks guy, your next time.
Speaker 2: Carry hates listening back a second time. It's more everyone else is loving us. The banter is flowing. And then Carry talk to me about the fiscal responsibility.
Speaker 1: Actually yeah at the time because that was my first time listening back, and at the time it didn't feel as awkward as it just sounded. But yeah, carry and was like, what's this about? But I do, like I said, I do think that's just her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, only in her bits though, I mean, and for God's take a labrador on a golden Previus' fucking fair. Don't call me out on a national live television.
Speaker 1: I'll be invoicing sham wow, just quietly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good amount of money.
Speaker 1: And you know what else, I notice the Mitch jury curse strikes again. You know how you have this thing where you accidentally mentioned rival clients in sponsored content. You have a very bad track record. You were dumped by Vision Personal Training because you mentioned Plus Fitness forty five. You were giving away Eddie had flights on your radio show, and you thanked Emirates.
Speaker 2: A business class to London.
Speaker 1: We were giving away red Rooster vouchers and you mentioned KFC you accidentally sleep at the time. And now you went on Channel ten and mentioned better Homes and Gardens from Channel seven?
Speaker 2: Is it a Channel seven program?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Oh no.
Speaker 2: Shit. She mentioned Larry and Kylie, which is an opposition show to them.
Speaker 3: So it's all she did.
Speaker 1: That's a very good call.
Speaker 2: I love how she stumbled at the end when she clearly went for a prep sheet when she was trying to hook to me, she went, Mitch, fat one, it couldn't differentiate us. That was that was fun for our first TV appearance.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, I still couple believe we managed to pull that off.
Speaker 3: That was.
Speaker 1: That was some hardcore hustling.
Speaker 2: No but can I And that was live live Like that was just straight out it was you.
Speaker 1: Know what I was thinking about. I was like, we could have just said fuck. Like you know, I always have these like intrusive thoughts. I'm like, they've trusted us to go live. Imagine if we just exploited it.
Speaker 2: We could have pranked them. Not that we would, but the producers were so trusting.
Speaker 1: It must very nice. It was very nice.
Speaker 2: It was nice. I mean, they must look at us as media professionals, which is nice for them to see us on the same page as they as they do.
Speaker 1: Look. I just I know it sounds like I'm ungrateful, huge opportunity in all but like I said in that interview, I just I still want the local paper situation to happen, Like I really, that's that was the goal. I still feel like I haven't ticked it off.
Speaker 2: But I'm very satisfied. To be honest.
Speaker 1: I know, I know that you love seeing yourself on TV, but like I just I wanted to be in the paper. That was what we wanted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you can print out a screenshot of us on the telly and put it on your fridge.
Speaker 1: It's not the same. My grandparents don't get that thrill of cutting it out.
Speaker 3: On the fridge. So what do you mean?
Speaker 2: We literally have peaked at TV. The next step is getting a billboard, I know.
Speaker 1: And then Andrew Bucklough from news dot com dot you, he said that we can try and tease something up, but newds dot com dot are you only just occurred to me that's online.
Speaker 2: That's not a bloody print. Also, you want old school bonfight print out Butcher's.
Speaker 1: Paper, But like what, we're not going to get in the Inus Career or the bloody Daily Telegraph.
Speaker 2: And I called the Courier and the data tells back to it. Do you do you have a local paper back home?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I used to do work placement at the local paper back home, the Forbes Advocate. I used to do. I used to do one day a week there instead of going to school.
Speaker 2: God say you can see the heckline now previous worker to Forbes Advocate.
Speaker 1: No, but it's awkward because I don't know anyone that works there anymore. I think all the journalists that were there when I was there of left side don't know. They probably hoping an even know who I am.
Speaker 2: Of course, Well, then let's ring them right now, Jenna with it's the number for Forbes Forbes Advocate, please call.
Speaker 1: I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure my next door neighbor, Kathy is the adwork in reception still.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. If it's Kathy's answers, well, you know who you are, I represent you because that makes you sound bigger than you. You'd be my p a, right, just.
Speaker 1: Patching you don't call Kathy. I know, I don't I know her.
Speaker 2: That's that's what's another. It's six eight five two six eight OW Regional one eight zero zero Forbes Advocate. We want to get a two page bread now we have a mind with a little corner snippet right.
Speaker 6: Thank you for calling the Forbes Advocate Unfortunately you have called outside our business hours.
Speaker 1: Oh what about the Parks Champion Post.
Speaker 2: Then, Jenna Pass Champion Posts, get it up?
Speaker 1: What hope?
Speaker 2: What about the dish? Isn't that like a dish in that area?
Speaker 1: That's yeah, that's in part, that's Parks Parks Champion Post paper in the area.
Speaker 2: Let me have a look.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'd be happy with the fucking newsletter at this point.
Speaker 4: Should we try the Parks Champion Post?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, it is six eight six two.
Speaker 4: Two three two two.
Speaker 2: There wasn't nobody local boy stuck in a well and after four thirty we don't give a ship.
Speaker 6: Thank you for calling the Parks Championship. To help direct your call, please choose from the following options.
Speaker 1: For classified, it might actually make more sent one to pitch to them.
Speaker 6: For display and online advertising, Press two or for editorial please press three. Thank you for Christine Little Press one. For Greeves, Please press to Bowl Grieves.
Speaker 2: Who the fuck is bow Grief? I think who votes? Bowed out? Votes for about Matt Christine?
Speaker 1: I don't know who either of I didn't work at this one. What's the paper called Champion Post?
Speaker 2: I've got a tip off for a great podcast. He was in the Oken game Boy you remember can I My name is Mitcham calling from Sydney. How are you? That's good? Hey, listen, I think I've got a good a good write up for you, maybe front page material. So I work at Kiss FM in Sydney, Big Smoke with Mitchell Coombs, who's a local parks boy, a local you know, like a pick a pig. You know him, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, Well I don't know that well. But he's quite got quite a big name in the city. He's making quite I represent him, you see, but I have never really met him or worked with him. But he's he's signed up with our agency, and I was thinking, he's just started this Gangbusters podcast. It's blowing up in the city. And it was just on Studio ten this morning on national television. He was on Spruce in it. And we had a meeting with him and his team today and all his team sat down and all ten of us are like, you know what, we should try and get him back where where his roots are from and get him a right up in the paper. He's blown up.
Speaker 7: We love we love doing stories about people. Love hearing about you know, the bog and gate boys or yeah, old players, old hockey players, whatever it may be.
Speaker 5: So I love hearing about that.
Speaker 2: Great. All right, well i'll give you my email. So it's it's Mitchell Dotchuri at gmail dot com.
Speaker 7: Was there a dot in mature, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So Mitchell dot Chury at gmail dot com. Well that's perfect, yeah for the same name.
Speaker 5: Okay, absolutely can get slightly emotions.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm down by the way. By the way, i host the podcast with him, so I actually do the show with him, so I'm.
Speaker 7: Sort of I'm going to check it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's called a Couple of Mitches, so obviously Mitchell Cherry's Mitchell Combs, so yeah, on Instagram at couple of Mitches.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna check it out.
Speaker 2: If you need anything, I can send you some links and I can send you audio and photos in high definition if you want it, and we can we get it printed, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, And I'm actually the paper next week, so I can do whatever I want.
Speaker 2: Really, Okay, how much do I have to pay you to get front page? All right? All right, I'll send I'll send you a case and you know what I think is his great beautiful grandparents still live in bogging Gate, So I think they'll get a real they'll get a real kick out of it.
Speaker 7: Perfect, and that is our that's our target market, to be honest, the people that love these stories.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the oldest friends and.
Speaker 7: The daughters and sons, friends.
Speaker 2: And all that. Yeah, yeah, it's nice.
Speaker 7: Absolutely get something in brilliant all right the next Tuesday or Friday's paper, Yeah, brilliant.
Speaker 2: Let's do buzz double double spread up.
Speaker 7: I could even plug it on air Instagram, I.
Speaker 2: Think so to give us a tag and we'll reshare. Yeah sure, all right, well you would be out because we're doing front page, right, I've written that down front page. You've got my emails.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure I have a front page for Friday.
Speaker 2: Oh really.
Speaker 6: If you've got a.
Speaker 4: Picture, yeah, anything with good quality pictures doesn't have to be not the definition.
Speaker 6: But you know, people smiling, people in the many few people in them.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you know it doesn't smile all the time. A big.
Speaker 7: You can be a big gun, that can be a that can be something all in itself count yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly right. There's the many signs to the bug and Gate boy. You know, alright, love a bit. You've got my email, you send it my way and we'll go from there.
Speaker 5: Okay, I will and look forward to it.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. I appreciate it. You have a good day.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Thanks for that. So my god, I'm thrilled.
Speaker 3: We we did it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be on the cover of the Champions on.
Speaker 2: Both days, on Tuesday and Friday.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're really good at negotiating.
Speaker 3: I was hard assed too.
Speaker 2: She was a beer. I want to paid her a hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: I feel like we need to start brainstorming the prank cause before you do them, rather than just diving in. Because you started by firstly saying your workplace, so you told the truth, and then you reverted back to a lie. I represent him. I never worked with him. It's like, what are you talking to me?
Speaker 2: Really went back and foot But it works.
Speaker 1: Are you in character or not?
Speaker 3: I can't believe it.
Speaker 1: We made it well Now I do feel fulfilled. Studio ten and the Champion post.
Speaker 2: God, what's next?
Speaker 1: Sixty minutes?
Speaker 2: Imagine that lovely you print?
Speaker 1: Call them next week?
Speaker 2: Oh Sandra selling online? Get her on. Wow. I'm sorry. I'm just on such a high. I can't even think about what just happened. You're in the paper, Well I will be Also, is are we in the paper? Because I want to be in the paper, like that photo is gonna be of us?
Speaker 1: I can crop, Honey, I'm not sting you. I feel like I should return the favor and call your paper. Maybe next week it's something, not now, but like, yeah, I don't think I'm as good at negotiating like you are. Like that was a strong fucking pitch.
Speaker 2: Thank you for I get Can someone call for me? Where would we call? Jenna Liberal? Thank you? I reckon? You know what we even aim lower for me? We can talk about that data like school newsletter. I don't need paper, you know.
Speaker 1: That's just as exciting to be honest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the school newsletters to beget it's all like we said, all the sporting kids, never drama boys.
Speaker 1: No, that's true. So where did you go to school?
Speaker 2: Will Awear high school? What is that funny? Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well I'll call them, not now we've gone over time, but let's call them next week. I'll call your high school and be like, mate, Actually, it's probably more convincing if I'm a woman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Hi, I'm terrees.
Speaker 1: I work for Argia Management and my client Mitch Churi. Ohs just anyway, we'll.
Speaker 2: Want impersonate my manager. Well done TV Press in one day. We ghastly, Jenna, this is our dream show.
Speaker 1: Oh what a weird podcast really was?
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening. Leave us a five star review if you want. We have we're growing there. But you know, if you've got nothing else to do, tap five stars and write one. It means the world to us.
Speaker 1: And you can join our Facebook group and Enduring Idiots is where you can hang out. That's where that's where all our favorite listeners like to live. Next week, we've got another guest host joining us, so looking forward to that.
Speaker 2: It'll be fun.
Speaker 1: That's it, frustman out Hey, we'll catch you next week.
Speaker 2: So listening by is it just me?
Speaker 1: Don't forget to subscribe and leave a review on your podcast app.
Speaker 3: I'll follow on Spotify.
Speaker 1: I was fucking kidding when I said it's just that's it for now.
Speaker 3: We're silly full.
Speaker 5: Out.
Speaker 1: This is add brief. The bonus segment on the end if you've ever heard it, sorry, the secret segment on the end.
Speaker 2: Oh that's Bao. Bao just tweeted out, I'm resigned. From the gazette. Well we knew that because he didn't answer. Far.
Speaker 1: We keep this segment a secret because it's a little bit embarrassing, like we just carry on and go rogue. There's nothing planned, so it's not our best work, which is why we keep it hidden for you guys only.
Speaker 2: But sometimes it is. This is where the Studio tenn inception happened.
Speaker 1: That's true, it did.
Speaker 2: Our best bits come from?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 2: Was Bliind's in this bit?
Speaker 1: No, that was as we're wrapping up the show.
Speaker 2: Oh right, the best bits happened in the non planned moments.
Speaker 1: I can't believe Sarah Harris brought up the blinds thing.
Speaker 2: Mitch in the benum with the blood pressure say, blions got She is a real like just talent, isn't she? She's so down to earth, you know, and keeps that show going and just angers the shit out of it.
Speaker 1: Unlike carry Anne. I'm not impressed, Kenniley.
Speaker 2: Like Carriyanna, how are you making money off that? Kenny?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, do you know how tempted I was. I wouldn't say this normally, but because it's a secret segment only that you guys can keep this on.
Speaker 2: Of course, you know how.
Speaker 1: Tempted I was to say, Oh, I don't know, kerry Ane, what's your business plan now that you've been made with Yeah? Because she I'm pretty sure this could be her last week or maybe last two weeks on Studio ten. It was announced recently that she was part of the redundancy cuts.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. So weird.
Speaker 1: She's thrilling us about how are you going to make money on a podcast and what's your business plan?
Speaker 2: Jesus, so we made history. We were in one of the last interviews of Kerriyenne's career.
Speaker 1: Now shall be back?
Speaker 2: Will she?
Speaker 1: I don't know, on Sky or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, yeah, I wouldn't surprise.
Speaker 1: But yes, don't be offended. I'm telling you that's just her. That's what she's like.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not that offended. Really, listening back, it was more awkward than it felt, maybe because you're on a for those who have done television in retrospect those listening probably not many people have. But it just sort of happens, doesn't it. Then it's done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty shit that really flew by. It was weird because it was on Zoom. The first time I did a live across the studio ten. Yeah, they sent the camera crew out, and I still haven't watched it because I went upstairs and I said to someone in the office, how was it, and they were like, oh, the delay was so awkward. It was like you were fucking an international correspondent in like Bay route. Oh, and there was some satellite delay where it was like, Hi, Mitch, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 2: It's great to be here.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, apparently it was quite awkward, and so I still haven't watched it because I've been told that it was a bit awkward the delay, but that was over zoom and it was fine. Yeah, it was barely delay at all.
Speaker 2: I honestly didn't feel a delay. And we only had one AirPod in each We were sharing it like a couple on a flight. We just had one AirPod in each.
Speaker 7: Year.
Speaker 1: I would never share AirPods on a flight.
Speaker 2: No, I have one of those pod splitters. You sort of plug it in then you split the earphones.
Speaker 1: Even that sounds shit. Just listen to your own thing, try the talk or don't. Yeah, you're listen to the same thing.
Speaker 2: I'm the only one with this issue.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: You're both very single, So.
Speaker 1: Oh god, if I ever got in a relationship with someone that wanted to share AirPods. No, I would be just livid. I'd be like, how did I get a here?
Speaker 2: Mine are very waxy as well.
Speaker 1: No, but like, I'm assuming you split them. Hayden's got his own, Yeah, why can't you just listen to his own fucking music because you for.
Speaker 2: Watching a movie or something.
Speaker 1: It's okay. That different.
Speaker 2: And with AirPods now you can only have one in because I think you can split too, you can connect two devices now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just don't have the attention span for films, And so if I was sharing AirPods with someone on a flight, I wouldn't want to. I wouldn't want to feel rude and be like, can we fucking not get rid of if?
Speaker 2: I also don't have Wi Fi at my place still? And it's been a month in a couple of days, really, yeah, no Wi Fi? Can you believe?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you didn't in fact check me on Studio ten by the way, I said you moved out two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was it two weeks. I don't even know. I think it's a month. We moved in on the seventh and yeah, almost we get there. This will probably this will be out on the seventh. So there's been a month when you're hearing this, Genna, Why don't you have a drink of that cheese milky?
Speaker 7: Mate?
Speaker 3: No, it's okay, No, it's all good.
Speaker 1: I can't believe how long she ran with it.
Speaker 2: Did you know what did you think was happening? Did you think you were having a stroke?
Speaker 4: At first, I thought you were joking, but then you all went along with it, and I thought, oh, my memory is playing tricks with me again.
Speaker 2: She thought you were me and having memory issues.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, she really is just the queen of fucking fake it till you make it, isn't she. She rocks up here every week unprepared and just kind of goes with the flow to the point where she just commits to shoot like that and goes, all right, I guess I'm hand churning cheese today.
Speaker 4: But then you were going on about Instagram messages and stuff, and I thought, what did I do?
Speaker 2: We really layered the line, didn't we. Yes, have you ever handshurned anything in your life?
Speaker 1: I don't know what hands. I don't think you shake it up in a bottle, though I had, of course, not.
Speaker 2: I have hand I've made better than myself. It's very easy.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: You just get milk and and you shake it until the milk you shake it. Yeah, you do shake it, but like you churn it, like I don't know what that means. Churning is like the best pressure involved. Like they used to put it in wooden barrels, cut a hole on the top and then I push a stick in and that would like like a French press coffee machine. You do that and you turn it into butter. So thanks for that, Jenna.
Speaker 1: I'm still so confused.
Speaker 2: That's fine, don't worry. Well, we won't do it again. It's fine, we'll never do it again.
Speaker 1: Please don't.
Speaker 2: I have exhausted for the spoiled guys. Confusion.
Speaker 1: What time did you get up?
Speaker 2: Six thirty? But I got I fell asleep at one thirty. I didn't get home until midnight. I was working at twelve.
Speaker 1: I know, But then you were here for half an hour and you went back home again.
Speaker 2: I couldn't sleep.
Speaker 1: I didn't tossing and carry gaming.
Speaker 2: How are you gonna make money? How are you gonna make money? How are you gonna make money? Hovering over business plan? What's your business plan?
Speaker 1: What's with that? You know what we should have said, We'd be like Kerry and I'm glad you asked business plans, right, he just got the Yeah, it's got our summary here and our total earnings so far have been the square root of fuck all.
Speaker 3: Cac.
Speaker 2: I wonder what she would have said. We could not have made a redundancy joke. They would have pulled us from the air, although there was no delay, so it would have made great TV.
Speaker 1: And they don't have a dump system, I'm pretty sure, so they have to just run with it. Like if someone swears or whatever on TV, it's too late. It's already out there if you look up on Google or something. Can you play that through this through the system? Studio ten swearing live and I don't know because I know it's happened before. And TV like Live TV, even Sunrise, they don't have that situation where you can just dump, like kiss the fame came.
Speaker 2: Would they not put it in even a ten second? Ten seconds? Nothing?
Speaker 4: But like even the other week Christina Knew was on the project and swore really yeah.
Speaker 1: The Bachelor of Australia. Love has been on the mind of.
Speaker 2: The Bachelor's Australia drops f one Morning TV. It's a nine minute audio.
Speaker 1: I remember writing about this or someone in.
Speaker 2: The comments seven sixteen is what you've come for? Those people? Yeah, what legends? Let's do.
Speaker 1: I'll just leave it with a simple one. Sucking dog.
Speaker 2: Whoa whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 3: We cannot play that on TV.
Speaker 2: Girl, wrap things up.
Speaker 1: Do not missus not live?
Speaker 7: This is sorry.
Speaker 2: I don't watch TV.
Speaker 3: Right much take away.
Speaker 1: I think is right up to this.
Speaker 2: Or they look pissed off too.
Speaker 1: Well, she was a bit attitude. I don't watch TV.
Speaker 2: H that was yeah, who is in the background? This is studio ten, ladies.
Speaker 1: I think that was the che bishop was. Imagine if we said those exact words to carry in though fucking dog?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, all the comments the acc has got. But you wouldn't get in trouble for that, would you? Or you would you get fine?
Speaker 1: I think it's no fault of their own. Really.
Speaker 2: I've let f bum slip out on the air sometimes I've let one in a call. I didn't notice it and I just shuffled along very quickly. Anyway, there's Kerry Anne. She says, I do love you both.
Speaker 1: No, she said, I hate you, I love you at Mitchchury not sure about the girl though, love Mitchell Kum Mitch Chury, no good.
Speaker 2: Dying Hell Joe Hilda Brand love you both. And Bishops so funny, even the fat one. They're all just coming through hot and heavy.
Speaker 1: Norelda Jones, Norelda Jacob Nolda.
Speaker 2: Jacobs just says one word fantastic. That's nice.
Speaker 1: So I found this TikTok challenge that I want you to do. Yeah, you know I've been getting you to do them in a d D. Briefly there was this. There was the try laugh without smiling challenge.
Speaker 2: Which viral.
Speaker 3: I thought it was fun.
Speaker 2: They neither did my sims one.
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, we're just not going to do it anymore because they didn't go viral A fun fun You.
Speaker 2: Put up a photo in your car, got poot on by a bird a million vis. What oh, I'll dry my hair million vis stupid algorithm.
Speaker 1: We won't do it, then do it.
Speaker 2: I want to do it. I want to do I have and I want to do it all right.
Speaker 1: Well, anyone if you spot a TikTok challenge that you want either of us to do, yeah, add brief is where it all happens, they shoot it on through.
Speaker 2: I wanted to do the Wop dance, but unless you nominate it, then I won't do it. Do it. I'm too tired to do it. Actually I should have brought it up. Oh you couldn't do it. So I'm still on a fucking high from getting you in the body Ptudora Advocate or whatever it's called.
Speaker 1: Advocate the Parks Championships.
Speaker 2: Parks champion Post.
Speaker 1: Are you feeling good? What would you do if I took this opportunity and then I use the paper to plug this snitty committee my other podcast?
Speaker 2: I would I would leave, I'd resign. I would God, I would resign. You change all the branding just Mitch, not a couple, just the Mitches, just one Mitch, no plural.
Speaker 1: Have you other thought about what you would do if I was away one week?
Speaker 2: Me? Of course?
Speaker 1: What would you do?
Speaker 2: Not just getting a filling house? I've got many celebrity friends if I could come on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like, what about all the things I do?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: I mean other than jumping in your brain and actually physically speaking your words for you, I do everything around it.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have to edit though, I'm smart enough to record in one go.
Speaker 1: Not barely yet it anymore?
Speaker 2: Anyway, Oh shit, that's Julian Morris. Should we put her on? Why is she calling for the mask singer? She's calling for my show? Can we Why did you.
Speaker 1: Not think to tell us?
Speaker 2: I forgot to tell you.
Speaker 1: Oh well, ask her if she wants to be on our podcast while she's here.
Speaker 2: No, she will, but I have to do some radio chat final fast.
Speaker 1: I'll fast forwarded all that shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, Anthony, Oh is this Julia really is?
Speaker 3: Oh jesus, you're normally.
Speaker 2: There's like a PR person who speaks first in US. Don't swear at Julia, don't be rude to the celebrities, don't save any f word. But jeez, are you doing Are you doing the PR work off your own iPhone? Julia?
Speaker 7: Do you know what Anthony has been working? Like crazy person? Just like six this morning?
Speaker 5: I take a load.
Speaker 7: I d my fingers a dollar number.
Speaker 2: Look at you so down to earth and real. Ellen could never Ellen would never be able.
Speaker 7: To find the number on the email.
Speaker 2: She would Hey, listen, can I quickly add my co host in for my podcast? You might having a little extra chap for us absolutely. God, you're good. His name's Mitch as well. There's two mitches here.
Speaker 1: Hi, Sureliah. How are you squat?
Speaker 7: Oh my god, I'm in vintage form, to be honest, I'm so jolly good now that all the secrets are out.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great. I'm sorry to just chime in here, but I just wanted to let you know that my bloody came to a few of your shows and I've actually stolen one of your jokes and kind of claimed it as my own.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: So you came out on the LOGI stage once and you just said, oh, she's gotten so thin? Can you stand it? And I've kind of taken the phrase can you stand it? And I say it all the time, to the point that my Instagram and followers will comment on my photo it's like, oh can you stand it? They think it's my thing, but I fucking sotole it from UTU. Do you know what?
Speaker 7: Nothing is news? Someone back in the eighteen hundreds was like, can you totally stand it? You know, it's all wards everybody said before, whether it's in that order or not. I'm just like, share a share, Yeah, yeah, I feel like.
Speaker 2: That's what Captain Cook would have said when he landed in Colnelly, how can you stand I loved it?
Speaker 7: Can you imagine? It will get me around a bed along time?
Speaker 2: That's a compliment? What is the imitation? Is the highest form of flattery? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolute?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I couldn't dig it more. And also there's very few people who can actually stand it, so it's.
Speaker 2: It's quite literal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's just my favorite. It's such a mood like, oh God, can you stand it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: Do you hear me say that all the time? Mitchell?
Speaker 2: He does say it all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He almost used it as like a compliment to him, like you look good. He's like, can you stand it? Like it's very versatile.
Speaker 7: Catch the slice of me is what I'm thinking as well. You just got to do it. I mean twenty twenty. It really feels like it keeps bushing up another whole level of can you stand it? Stand it?
Speaker 2: That'd be a good name for the next stand up special Jewels. Can you stand it?
Speaker 7: Absolutely well? I've got I'm ready to go. There's a tour coming up that just keep getting postponed with everything in the government, Like three people can be together at any one time, right, do you have a.
Speaker 1: Date a lot in that or is it still all just tentative.
Speaker 7: Well, it was meant to. I mean, I'm meant to be on the road as we speak. So it definitely looks like early in that first lockdown that it just simply wasn't going to be possible, particularly with close all the theaters and trilover when you're in Melbourne, right, Yeah, So we handballed it on until May, and I'm crossing everything that we are going to be returning to some sort of normality by May.
Speaker 5: I mean who would know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like May, that's not too absurd. I've seen some billboards advertising like musicals like Frozen in Sydney starts in November and I'm like, babe, not going to happen. I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Back to your castle past.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's just not even post.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 7: The other thing is, you know, the government very kindly to give the art community a break because I said, no, you can open the theater, but you can only have twenty five twenty five percent capacity, And if you're playing to twenty five percent of a house, what you're actually doing is you are physically personally paying for the seventy five percent of the sea to entertainer.
Speaker 1: Of the boothel not worse.
Speaker 7: I don't really see how that mass works out. How's that helping us.
Speaker 2: Have them over to your house for a body of dinner be cheaper?
Speaker 7: I could send food around everybody's house, it'd be cheaper.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you know what though, because our podcast, Mitch like, we're very happy with the amount of listeners we get. But it's not exactly setting the world on fire. We just just fucking like rent out the Opera House and just claim that, oh we would love to have had the full house, but we have it. It's a strict limit twenty five capacity.
Speaker 2: But really that's all we can. I feel actually really smart.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 7: That's actually really smart. Live at the opera houses with three people in seats.
Speaker 3: It's all we could do. It's all we could do.
Speaker 1: We know, Julia Morris, I actually saw you at the Opera House and bloody hell, I got like the nosebleed seats up the back. They sold out so quick. Oh I know.
Speaker 7: Well, the Opera House is such a beautiful venue, and I think not only does it have obviously an incredible mailing list of people who want to see things at the Opera House because every time you step out, it totally feels like the best night out and ever. And every time I get down there, I think, why am I not here all the time? Yeah, you feel like you're living in a postcard. It's so borious and it's always in honor to perform there. There's no two ways about it. You know it's such a great venue.
Speaker 2: Well, we can't wait to have you back on our stages. You're on our screens. Mar Singer, we love you. Julia Morris, thank you for coming on Double Trouble.
Speaker 3: Can you stand it?
Speaker 7: I got It's my mid squared.
Speaker 2: We love it. Thanks Jules, thanks to you, and now you can hang up your own call. You've got to move on to the next. You hope you're getting paid for this pr work.
Speaker 7: It's way too groovy. Can you believed my own numbers? I'm really down.
Speaker 2: Jewels.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Love you guys, thanks for including me.
Speaker 1: I gotta do this more often. Just hang around your studio and listening to Deck.
Speaker 2: That's all I do. They get along with him more than they do me. At least you know you know about her. I didn't know any of those things about her stand up for Can you.
Speaker 1: Just start like letting me know every guest you have on, because I feel like in many cases I give more of a fuck about them than you.
Speaker 4: And I actually say that I did about She won a singing reality show.
Speaker 1: Yes, like I didn't even have to research her. I just had all these things I wanted to say.
Speaker 2: But most of the people I get a musicians, you wouldn't give a shit, like who like Caigo? What would you ask Kigo if he came on?
Speaker 1: Oh Caigo? Didn't he bloody bring Whitney Houston back from the dead. That must have been nice. What was it like working with Selena Gomez?
Speaker 2: Very true? I don't need help. I'm fine with a musos. It's just when these people come on, you know, can you stand it? She loved that too. What a compliment that was?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I had to tell her you do say that all the time?
Speaker 1: Id it?
Speaker 2: We would remember we went on that road trip and you hit that old woman when I can you stand it? I mean, I don't really think that's an approverate thing to say you've hit the woman. Anyway, we should go. It's been a big day. I'm delusional, I'm tired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should go.
Speaker 2: I'm not making sense and I have a national broadcasted show to do.
Speaker 1: Okay, you haven't mentioned that nice sympathy.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. Shut up, general, make your turn butter for real, shut up?
Speaker 1: Goodness, what do you mean nice sympathy? What do you want me to say?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Your poor thing? We should go. I'll buy your dinner for free of them.
Speaker 3: Why would I do that?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I need to have a nap. I might have a nap in the green room where that we hold the celebrities.
Speaker 1: Ah, you're doing that thing?
Speaker 2: What thing?
Speaker 1: I don't know if I've told you about this. But over on my other podcast, Schnitty Committee, I've started calling Talita out for this thing that she always does. Right, we're about to oh, she verbal. She just starts thinking out loud, like I'll be like, all right, guys, thanks so much for listening. We'll catch you back, catch you back next week. And She'll be like, I really need to get my Roots three done. And I'm like, babe, keep it to yourself. And you're there going, oh, might I have a nap in the green room.
Speaker 2: That's a thought, yeah, but that that is topical to me being tired doing my radio show.
Speaker 1: But we're rapping.
Speaker 2: I know it's ad debrief. We've already wrapped. This is the loose wrap.
Speaker 1: It's not like you've mentioned that you're tired one hundred times.
Speaker 2: Listening here, Jenna, I added, you do the opener. I can remove you just as easy. Back. Next week there is a special guest host, but we won't say much more on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, surprise, surprise, not if you wanting more.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we'll see then. If you haven't seen the footage of Studio ten, it is on our on our socials at a couple of mitches.
Speaker 1: Yes, you got to go check out Mitchell's facial expression when fucking Kerry am with basically just like grilling him about his business plan.
Speaker 2: It was tragic. That's like on a Celebrity Apprentice when Mark Boris is always like, and what will you do to get investors? You know, Julian Morris once that idea, that's not that doesn't relate to any of the singing questions though. Anyway, I've seen you next week, guys, Bye, thanks for listening. See I