Speaker 1: Laura, come on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Hello Sten heading the Kemnists warehouse today. Great savings every day. Welcome to the pickup.
Speaker 3: Welcome.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 3: Some would say that we are the three best friends here.
Speaker 2: We've had international holidays, We've been to weddings, eat with each other dinners.
Speaker 3: Have we been to dinners Mitch Jury?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got to heaps of dinners together? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well what about all the dinners that you keep canceling. I'd just like to point out that this is now okay. I have tried to invite Mitch Jury over to my house for dinner three times now, three cancelations. I know you don't want to hang out with my children.
Speaker 2: I love it's Matt, really, he talks too much.
Speaker 4: I would just like to point out that you've never invited me for dinner.
Speaker 3: You you were invited, and you have.
Speaker 4: Invited me three times, not once in the four years of our friendship.
Speaker 5: Have you invited me dinner?
Speaker 2: And then we see that's the most frantic invite you've ever got, Laura Burne, inviting you to dinner is like Harry Potter getting a letter from Hogwarts. It's like, would you like to come? Also, the dog has three legs? The kids have handfoot and mouth, so don't go near them.
Speaker 5: That's entirely that was a real life recording.
Speaker 3: My invitation sounds so enticing even I would like to go to that dinner party.
Speaker 5: How actually wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: So we're picking bones left right and send it because we have Brooke Bony on the show today and collectively we have a bone to pick with her.
Speaker 4: We also have a very very juicy ask Gun Cut where a listener's written in a problem and we're going to solve it.
Speaker 2: Plus we're sending someone to the UK. We just got the tickets and you can win them in the next fifteen minutes. Here at Kiss is the pick up Britt, Laura and Mitch Here on Kiss stuck on a Mother's Day gift chemist Warehouse as you covered with big brand fragrances at the lowest prices chemist Warehouse, Great savings. Every day Cut.
Speaker 5: This is something we do on the podcast Life on Cut.
Speaker 6: It's called ask on caut.
Speaker 3: We love it.
Speaker 6: We call it Therapy Thursday because you do it every Thursday.
Speaker 4: You guys writing some predicaments, your deeps, darkest, weirdest questions.
Speaker 6: We do our best to answer them. We have a really good one today.
Speaker 7: Hey, briand Lauren Mitch.
Speaker 2: So I have a question.
Speaker 7: Am I being unreasonable wanting two weeks with no visitors after my baby is born? So I'm pregnant and like, do you to give birth next month? It's our first baby, so you know, my partner and I, we just wanted two weeks to ourselves after we have the baby, just him and I and the baby, just to get used to everything, you know, how everything is. Both our families live overseas, so they're flying in for the big moment. I just mentioned, you know, we'll after give us two weeks at least before you come over, and then after that you can come.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 7: My mum was totally fine with this, and my parents were fine, but my mother in law absolutely lost it, say things like we just wanted to pop by and see the baby, like it's going to be our grandchild and how are we going to see them? And just you know, you're so spoilt and selfish, what about us? And anyway, we didn't know what to do. Well, I didn't know what to do now because of this request, which I don't think is much to ask. They have translated as if we're basically told them to f off and never come over. The questions to you? You know, am I unreasonable in wanting two weeks with my family before everybody comes over?
Speaker 3: I have a few questions. I mean when I first saw this, I was like, Nah, take you two weeks, it's fine. But wait, are they flying in from overseas and then expected to just wait around for two weeks to see the baby?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 3: Why are they coming early if they can't see the kid?
Speaker 6: That's correct?
Speaker 3: Have they booked tickets already?
Speaker 5: Correct?
Speaker 3: Ah? Nah, that's a bit crap, I think. I mean, I'm and I'm usually on the other side of this. I'm like, if you have a baby and you want to spend time by yourself, like if you want to if you want a month just to kind of get all down in your little nestled town with you and your new bub and you don't want visitors, it's absolutely your prerogative to say no, I don't want visitors. But if you've told them the date, if you've allowed them to book flights, if they've organized their life to come and be here, why didn't you make that clear earlier on? You can't have people come and fly in from overseas and then say to them, no, sorry, I don't want to see you.
Speaker 5: I actually agree. I think you're so entitled.
Speaker 4: When you have a baby, you can set whatever rules and boundaries you absolutely want. You've gone through it. It's your child, you're raising it however you want. If you don't want anyone to come that's not vaccinated, if you want two weeks, three weeks, four weeks to yourself, you're.
Speaker 3: Entitled to that.
Speaker 5: But these people have been a lot of money, and if flying a really long distance, I don't think you can say thanks for coming, stay in another hotel and I'll see you next year.
Speaker 2: Chris, I think it's up to the parents to then provide entertainment. So buy zoo tickets, or maybe send them to the movies, or perhaps you know, a nice meal, shout them at dinner. It's on you.
Speaker 3: No, they're not coming for an Aussie holiday, They're coming because you're having a baby.
Speaker 2: The baby entertainment. I want to see the baby.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 4: I would if I had flown to the other side of the world and then someone's like for a birth psych you can't.
Speaker 5: See it, be like wts.
Speaker 3: So it's so hard because I do want to I mean, and I feel like the mother in me wants to say, you know, whatever you need as a new mom, you take priority, which you do do, but I mean, I say this, and then even in my own experience, it was kind of the complete opposite. So Matt forgot to tell me, or he just didn't mention it, or somehow it never came up that he had invited his mom to be in the room when I gave birth. And then he said to me, Hey, baby, you don't mind. Mum's going to be in the room when you give birth.
Speaker 6: And I was like, as if it's like mum's coming over for lunch.
Speaker 3: Ellie's coming over, She's going to be in the room. And he was like, she's my support person. And I was like, wait, did you have you already asked your mom? And he was like, yeah, I asked her. And he's like, and she's so excited. And I was like, but you haven't asked me yet. Anyway, that's wild. Ellie was in the room and it was actually really beautiful and I'm so happy that she was there, but at the time I kind of wished I got asked first.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's one thing that you can't just do without asking.
Speaker 6: It's inviting people into your whiteberd.
Speaker 3: Matt didn't understand the reason why that might be problematic, and he was like, but it's my baby as well.
Speaker 4: Watermelon, it's my vaginasay, it is me on display, but that's okay.
Speaker 3: Ellie has seen more of me than she probably has of her own son.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, if you want advice like that, the slide into the DMS, the pickup, advice like that.
Speaker 3: If you want some terrible advice, please send.
Speaker 2: You off for the pickup, send us a d M. All right. Next on the show Girls, I have an update on the anthrax poisoning that I was targeted with the attack.
Speaker 3: I will is the update that it wasn't anthrax.
Speaker 2: And no, I'm not going to tell you that I was targeted in an anthrax attack and I was worried for my life and I had to call the poisons hotline and I will tell you what they told me. Next. Also, if you want to go to the UK to the King's Coronation, collect your boarding pass to fly direct to London. Next, it's the pickup on Kiss. Britt, Laura and Mitch head into chemist sware house today. Great savings every day. Girls, I've got an update of the anthrax that I was sent in the mail, Hea to the radio station.
Speaker 6: What do you mean you were sent anthrap?
Speaker 2: I've shown you, guys this. This is a true story, and I haven't spoken about it on air, and I'll get rid of the silly music because it was frightening. A package was sent to the radio station here and it was addressed to me, and it had razor blades in it, a note from a murder mystery book in it with different letters circled that spelled out murder, and then there was a white powder substance that went all over my hands when I opened the package. It was actually this, rightning, this was true.
Speaker 3: I remember you receiving this package, and at the time we were all a little bit worried.
Speaker 4: Where did the anthrax come into this package?
Speaker 2: Listen, I've sent a lot of movies, and I've known that if something opens and there's white powder on it, and if it's a male, if it's set in the mail, it's most likely anthrax. And I touched it on my hand and then all that day my hand became swollen and I was dizzy, and then my throat was getting itchy.
Speaker 3: But anthrax fans were not swollen, but also a bacteria, not a white powder.
Speaker 5: It was probably icy sugar. He sent you a box of cereal. It was probably to put THEE sugar on the serial.
Speaker 2: I'm here to report that they did testing and it was in fact icing sugar.
Speaker 3: Oh. I have never even I have never known anybody in my life to overreact about possibly every sort of ailment as much as you do.
Speaker 6: I worked in an emergency department for thirteen years. For those playing at home, Mitch knows this.
Speaker 4: I can't tell you the number of calls I have gotten at ten, eleven, twelve, one at night and it's Mitch on the other line saying, do I need to go to hospital?
Speaker 6: Telling me his symptoms.
Speaker 4: They're always wild symptoms, and you say they're so wild that I'm like, I have to legally.
Speaker 5: Say yes, go to the hospital.
Speaker 3: But it's never anything.
Speaker 2: I once went to the emergency department and I had one AirPod and it was Brittany just giving me advice and I was going, I need an ECG said you're in here cause give got gout. I went still, I need an AC exactly.
Speaker 4: I was like talking through and through the one AirPod and he was telling them what to say.
Speaker 5: But you never have anything.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have a question for you, mitches. How many times have you been to hospital this year?
Speaker 2: Three times?
Speaker 5: You know what the best part was the month?
Speaker 4: The best part was a couple of weeks ago, Mitch, when we went out for a drink and you're like.
Speaker 8: I have to go home.
Speaker 5: I think I have alcohol poisoning. You don't even dream.
Speaker 2: No, no, I know. It was lemon in the drink and I didn't realize I had a lemon in it, and I thought I was poisoned. So I went home and then I had three hydraultes to flash the system. Listen, fellow hypochondriacs, it's a real condition. Thirteen one, I six five rally around me bridge. It's called on thirteen when I six, So I have Hello, fellow hypochondriac, what happened to you?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 10: Recently, I woke up an extreme pain. I was up the night with like really bad pain in my head and a headache. I took my husband paint and the doctors like urgently had to get a babysitter, and they ran allways testing. It turns out they did testing sort of have sinus allergies, so.
Speaker 3: I don't get you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how could come out from my nose? It's a running nose. I was, Laura. I'm thirteen when I six five? Hi Laura, when were you a hypochondriac?
Speaker 1: Hi, Laura.
Speaker 7: Hi.
Speaker 11: So I actually noticed one day that my toenail had gone a bit black. So I freaked out and then I started, you know, the doctor googling, and I went to the doctor thinking that potentially it could be something like really serious like Melana exactly. So I went to the doctor and he actually had a look at it as well and was like, oh yeah, he was like, look, it's good that you kind of thought that it could potentially be this. We need to check it out. So I actually had to have it sampled, so they had to like take a clipping of my nails.
Speaker 2: And I have done the same thing to peck you away with them. And what was it.
Speaker 11: I'd worn like a really tight pair of high heels to my work Christmas party and.
Speaker 3: I went.
Speaker 11: Drunk and walked around in them in for twelve hours and that was why it like killed the actual toenail.
Speaker 3: You wore a size eight when you were a size nine, A specialist appointment us fellow hypochondriac.
Speaker 2: We can all create like a grub and go and get coffee. But now because they don't have an allergy rereaction to the coffee, you all have diction and I have to go to a break. I'm feeling like I've got their pricy or something. Yeah, Connor has given me an illness. Brook Bonnie is joining us next.
Speaker 3: And we have a boned pick with us.
Speaker 2: We do do, yeah, Brook and I not on good terms.
Speaker 6: Actually, no, I'm a bit worried about this meeting.
Speaker 2: Actually, I'm going to confront Brooke bone after this at the pickup Thursday. AVO on the Pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Hey, if you're stuck on a Mother's Day gift, Chemists Warehouse. Have you covered with big brand fragrances of the lowest prices Chemists ware House, Great savings every day now, guys, the pick up. Three of us we're on every afternoon three to four. Then after Will and Woody takeover. Right they're the drive show.
Speaker 5: Well usually yeah, but one of them's run off into the jungle. We've lost Woody. He's online a celebrity and.
Speaker 3: We've gained Brook b Rock Boney, welcome to the studio.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I feel a bit bad for Woody.
Speaker 8: That we were so excited then though, just like, should we dial it back a little bit? Because he what if someone tells him.
Speaker 3: He's off eating testicles? He's fine, this is a normal I'm gonna go to Jumble.
Speaker 2: If that's the case, Well that is.
Speaker 8: A lovely Thursday afternoon.
Speaker 3: If you're asking me, yes.
Speaker 2: Now, you know what I love about you, Brooke is that you don't have a classic journalist voice, which I love because sometimes you watch you like the nightly news, and these journalists are brilliant at their craft. They're fantastic, but they've got the voice of yes, John, I'm here, the tsunami ravage the town. You come on, you go. That's Brook Bony and I know it's her. I'm getting the real Brook. I can hear it, Yeah, in her voice.
Speaker 8: You know I can do it?
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 9: An example, Wait, a Sydney man has staged a kidnapping to propose to his girlfriend. Now we've heard of some cooked proposal stories, but this one is next level. A Sydney man decided to stage a kidnapping to propose to his girlfriend. The bizarre prank was said to TikTok by the sister of the proposer mastermind Adam risk Very.
Speaker 3: That was brilliant. I don't even know that my voice would do that for an extended amount of time.
Speaker 2: That how you dirty talk in the bedroom as well?
Speaker 3: Longer, harder, Brook Bonnie.
Speaker 2: I've got a bone to pick with you, miss bone. My pick's going to be burned, and I'm going to bone the pick right now. Something's happened Brook between you and I. We've known each other for a while and I do think we're quite good friends. However, Brook, I don't know if you're aware of this. I mean, actually you'd have to be considering it's an act that you have done.
Speaker 8: This is like days of our life.
Speaker 5: It's fired.
Speaker 2: I'm not a dramatic person, Brook Bonnie. However, eighteen months ago. Cast your mind back to eighteen months ago. I went to send Brook Bonney a message on Instagram and I check, I go, she hasn't replied to me. That's odd. For days weeks no reply from my good pal. So I thought, Brook Barney, which is a little check what's going on in Brooks followers a tap to find that what I thought was my good dear friend Brooke Bonie.
Speaker 1: Has unfollowed me on instag grand followed you followed? Now, yeah, you've unfollowed because you're because you're such a famous person.
Speaker 2: One of her people have told her none of.
Speaker 8: Her people must have been an accidents.
Speaker 2: There's no way.
Speaker 8: Okay, do you know it's true? Guys, this is bigger than us. What it does mean is that we need to get the police involved. Obviously they've stolen my phone.
Speaker 5: Mitch, how do you actually are you checking who's unfollowing?
Speaker 2: You don't flip this around on me.
Speaker 3: I was a victim, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Question because you're a journalist, she's weaseling her way out. Yeah, this is what she's doing.
Speaker 3: Mitch says that he just went on there to check. I reckon, you've got one of those unfollowed apps, you know, exactly following you.
Speaker 2: Maybe at one point I did have the app, but I got a new phone and the app no longer with me.
Speaker 8: But then, couldn't you have noticed when it happened?
Speaker 2: We're being told at the time it's been a leisure to legion