Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Meldon's Gold one oh four point three five from.
Speaker 2: Richmond Gold one four point three HQGS, Melbourne, Australia, fordcasting to the world, Christian one.
Speaker 3: If the listener explodes, if you do that, oh true true Matrum to.
Speaker 4: The Cornea, which sounds like a rap song.
Speaker 5: Breakfast show. His brain's working, Pats its work smelled.
Speaker 6: Yet again.
Speaker 3: I'uld get another show, Primes, because I've had three egg yolks again today?
Speaker 5: What's four plus four eight? Well done? It's working.
Speaker 6: It was a pre recording today's show that deliberately added that gap in.
Speaker 5: It's meant to sharpen your mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it was so sharp. It was too sharp, and I thought, hang on, that's a trick question. Yeah. I was watching a huge game show in the UK. Right, it's one of these quiz shows and robertson the weakest link and I was on a celebrity version, right, and it's someone.
Speaker 6: Like the second round.
Speaker 7: I got.
Speaker 6: Can I hear you're what is that that? There's another cart playing out?
Speaker 5: It's actually sounds like yesterday's breakfast show.
Speaker 6: Mark must have mixed it in somewhow to.
Speaker 2: This why Rich Melbourne, Australia to the world for Christians?
Speaker 6: What if the listener explodes if you do that?
Speaker 1: Oh true, true Truman.
Speaker 4: To the Cornea, which sounds like a wrap song breakfast.
Speaker 5: His brain's working, Pats just Cloud.
Speaker 3: It was about twenty seconds into us talking over this that I started to hear you a different you.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, it sounded like me twenty four hours ago. I've changed a lot since then.
Speaker 3: We can't now move on until I know if you're you're going to surprise us again in a couple of seconds.
Speaker 6: Anyway, all right, where were wed at?
Speaker 5: Now it's going to happen again?
Speaker 6: No, what was it? I don't know.
Speaker 4: It was definitely Jack.
Speaker 3: Hang on producer Mark who makes all these as? This jumped Tom? What's happened?
Speaker 8: I just checked the session and yes there is some bleeding leaking extra file of Jack is sorry, my bad because I've never done breath to trader of them the next day, I can't do.
Speaker 6: This is from yesterday's show.
Speaker 3: I mean, if the radio nerds listen today that we go. Do you want a half decent audio producer? What is going on?
Speaker 6: I've never heard of that.
Speaker 4: It's weird.
Speaker 6: It's like over an old fire or an old what happened?
Speaker 5: Mark? Why are you collecting SoundBite to me and mixing them in with the radio stuff because.
Speaker 6: I have to change the opener every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's right, Yeahstam, you're still going on. This is an entire link from yesterday show. It's like Jack is trapped in him. Oh look what Jackie, were trying to get you out. We'll start the show again in a minute after this, and Paul Kelly the Colored Girls. I'll tell you what sooking good for today's show. Right, those eggs are paying off already because I heard it. Because everything's going slow now I can slow down it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So before we found out that Jack was trapped in the bed, we were talking over earlier. I was just talking about I was on this quiz show once called fifteen to one for quite a few years. It was the UK's biggest quiz show. It's massive and went over to America as well, went all over the world.
Speaker 6: It's called the Weakest Lincoln.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we even had a version of him to do.
Speaker 3: Of course, right, So I went on a celebrity version, right, and had this this host called Anne Robins, and she just roasted and trashed everyone as soon as you came on. She had There were like four or five comedians that were in the back wings writing jokes that we took ages to pre record, that I'd have to keep stopping. She'd have to go and get a fresh load of abuse and stuff like this. So you're going into a bed bit right. Everyone was so nervous, okay, and I was.
Speaker 6: With all these celebrities.
Speaker 3: I've all done very well in their respective careers and radio and TV, all grown nuts, but all absolutely terrified. But I expected nothing because those kind of things aren't That's not my wheelhouse.
Speaker 6: Okay. Quis shows, however, what.
Speaker 3: Happened to Me has made it on so many different TV shows quiz shows worse moments.
Speaker 6: There's one called.
Speaker 3: TV show Hell, and it's this clip where she goes to me, oh, Connor, how many legs? This is like the second round, which is just full of real easy questions again, how many legs does a duck have?
Speaker 5: Right? Okay, I think I know it?
Speaker 6: What would you say too? What did I say? Four?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 6: Can take us by It's called the Weakest Link. People look round stunned, like you do that for a gag or.
Speaker 3: Literally in my mind, I thought were duck and I thought I counted the legs I counted before.
Speaker 6: I had to lead.
Speaker 3: The audience were actually silence more like what happened there. This was about eight years ago, and there's not a year that goes by. There's not some compilation TV show, TV show Bloopers, quiz Show's Worst Moments. I've seen it come up on as well whenever they do a countdown of the funniest worst moments on the Weakest Link the show's ended. But this kind of best of the worst bits, I'm always at number one. Since I've been here in thirteen months, they've shown that episode twice.
Speaker 6: I actually believe it's part of what I decided.
Speaker 5: Do you instantly get kicked off the sho show? What's it doing?
Speaker 3: It's called the Weakest Sleep and they go around each round is it's quick far They go and ask you questions and as soon as you get like two or three wrong in that round, you're off.
Speaker 6: And so I that was that was it for me. That was it, and.
Speaker 3: People were just stunned, and then they as I left I thinking I got go on the radio tomorrow, and I'm on.
Speaker 6: Every day, four hours a day.
Speaker 3: This is the biggest show in the country right now, and I think actually actually is running away. I could get to Miami within three hours. I just need to let this leave the country for a bit, Grab the kids and wane go dad, Dad stands something really bad and you don't want you don't even want to be at school for the next couple of years. Let's put you on a boarding school in Switzer and let this whole four legged duck episode just play out.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Why did I ever bring up about that awful, awful moment on national television and now you found it on YouTube?
Speaker 5: Yes, I've handed to the web department the game.
Speaker 3: I said, A lot going on today, A lot going on today, God one oh four point three, Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show for illusion gas log fires all I would say my slight defense, and I don't know how much to defend it by.
Speaker 6: The wording was trickier than I said.
Speaker 5: Yes, it wasn't straight up. The question wasn't how many legs does a duck have to which you answered for is in nature a dog usually has how many more legs than a duck? You thought about it and said none. Answer is to.
Speaker 3: Where do you guys stand on the classic Australian biscuits? That is the company Arnot's. Love Them's my favorite biscuit. All right, Well, I'm reading from the Daily Man Australia. A controversial list ranking Arnott's biscuits in a top ten has been compiled and many Australians are fuming that the Kingston isn't at number one. It's the butternut.
Speaker 6: Snap. I'm looking at top ten right now. Is the bonus.
Speaker 4: It's like a cookie with oats. It's a bit like an Anzac biscuit.
Speaker 6: Actually, well, there's boring. Number one's top ten of Arnot's biscuits.
Speaker 3: The reason why they talk about this is about to change hands again for billions, and so they're saying that some of the biscuits might they might be gone rid of the chop. Yeah, cutbacks. It goes around, comes around. I'm taking a note in my special book here and I write down the top here.
Speaker 6: Checkpost.
Speaker 4: That's go on off it.
Speaker 6: You're always on it every day.
Speaker 3: It starts with your name at ten, the Delta Cream at nine, the Farm Bake chop Chip. Then you've got at number eight the Humble Teddy Bear.
Speaker 5: I love the chop Chip. Love the Teddy Bear.
Speaker 3: Now this one I'm surprised about coming in hot at number seven.
Speaker 6: I would have thought this'd be top three. The Monte Carlo.
Speaker 4: Oh that's my favorite.
Speaker 3: That's a winner, isn't it. It's great and it lives up to it. The Monty car that's only number seven. Chocolate Ripple was ahead of that, number six. Then at number five you got the Milk Coffee ice biscuits at four Pommies. Love those those nice biscuits. The sort of thing you mum would if the Vicar was coming around, Not that vic came ound. And why I'm painting that picture. Oh yeah, we all know what biscuits would have the vicar. What would the vicar to bless you? Before last rite? Anyway, if the vicar's ever come around, gets yourself some nice biscuits out for the Vicar.
Speaker 6: They love them. Number three a Scotch finger.
Speaker 5: That sounds a bit rude, like the Scotch finger. Yeah, they're nice, like they're like the novelty of breaking in half. I would grind them back and forth against each other and shave off the the rough part.
Speaker 6: Surely not as an adult?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, okay.
Speaker 3: And number two is the Kingston and number one it's the button up snap.
Speaker 4: That's surprising.
Speaker 5: That is surprised. Wait, Tim Tam isn't even on the list.
Speaker 6: Tim Tam isn't here.
Speaker 3: Now do they tell you why? They probably don't consider that strictly a biscuit. That's a chocolate bar.
Speaker 6: Which is the biscuit?
Speaker 5: Yes it is, it's in the biscuit. Are yeah?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: This surprises me.
Speaker 3: And I thought in a nanny state like Australia there'll be stronger on this stuff because a chocolate bar shouldn't be next to the biscuit.
Speaker 5: It's not chocolate bar. It costs many small bus practically.
Speaker 6: Is it a biscuit? It's a bit. Tell you what it is? A hybrid, isn't it.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what's the difference between a chocolate bar and a biscuit. If a biscuit snaps and makes a biscuit noise, which Tim tawn Wood, it's a biscuit, right?
Speaker 3: Can I tell you how they classify the difference beween a chocolate bar and a biscuit In the UK taxation it's a different tax.
Speaker 6: Bracket for a chocolate bar to a biscuit.
Speaker 5: And what are you paying more for a biscuit or a chocolate Telepgott.
Speaker 3: I've left the country fourteen months ago. Everything's a blur my previous life. Taxation on biscuits and chocolate bars, it's a I'm like guy peers and memento. I keep trying to put it all together about my old life. You know, four legged ducks.
Speaker 6: I've got a lot going on right now. People, Okay, how do you.
Speaker 5: Even why do you know that? Do you come to tax time and go okay, I've had I had ten chocolate bars, seats?
Speaker 6: Where are the seats?
Speaker 5: Did the vicar come over?
Speaker 3: What do you think is aside from honest? What do you think he is Australia's greatest biscuit?
Speaker 6: What's your favorite?
Speaker 4: Tim Tam Tim Tam double coat are good and I like this.
Speaker 5: Is not a super popular one. But the caramel cream, Oh my god, when we had had one of those? Are they an it's patty?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think so on.
Speaker 6: This list then, but what about the chocolate.
Speaker 4: Bar What about barbecue shapes. You cannot touch the barbecue shapes.
Speaker 6: Those are the best ones, aren't.
Speaker 4: There, The originals, not those new Vogue ones.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, I prefer them.
Speaker 3: And I did like the pizza ones until I had the barbecue ones, and then they are a game change.
Speaker 6: But again that's not a biscuit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if we're categorizing, I guess that's hips crisp.
Speaker 3: I'd say savories, different tax brackets. Scott Morrison is this right now? He's going to go gather, gather the cabinet. This is we can we can make more more.
Speaker 1: New taxation like the Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 3: What is going on with Patsy this morning? Gold one I four point three Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. I've got a giant monitor that goes into her news cage. What you were gobbing up or throwing up doing some kind of baby bird into a tissue and then throw looking at it and then putting it in the bin.
Speaker 6: That's your fault.
Speaker 4: I just had some of your miracle throat spray throw up and yeah, it kind of came back up. It's all right, it's all good.
Speaker 6: Oh BlimE me. I saw that happen on a large TV screen. I can't see that. Oh it's like that old baby bird. This time of the morning.
Speaker 3: It's just liquid in there from like your coffee you've had or something.
Speaker 5: But I'll come to your defense path. I always take a little sneaky peke or whatever it comes up, like if.
Speaker 4: You yeah, you got it.
Speaker 3: You've got to monitor what's going on that Sometimes when you go to a number two has a little looks in there as well.
Speaker 5: I don't have to have a look see it all right.
Speaker 3: Anyway, let's go back to biscuits, because there's been a top ten of someone's ranked from best to worst. Aren't and we're upset that the Monte Carlo isn't higher. I was just saying how in the UK there's a different tax taxation on biscuits compared to cakes and chocolate biscuits.
Speaker 6: I'll just reminded myself the official ruling on this.
Speaker 3: Under UK law, tax on cakes and biscuits is set at zero percent.
Speaker 6: There's no tax, they're tax free, right, hilarious.
Speaker 5: The government makes no money, yeah.
Speaker 3: Because they know that they would be writing on the streets if we put a tax on British people love their cakes. That's what a British Bakoff became the biggest TV show.
Speaker 6: It was like ten million people every week watching the British Bakeoff, which.
Speaker 3: Is ten million, oh god shoe, and it was people in a tent baking cakes.
Speaker 6: But I used to watch it right my.
Speaker 3: Family, and I remember once actually crying because some guys lemons collapsed and it just meant it meant everything to this guy everything, and he'd been through rehabit, he'd been through a lot, and everything was about the success of this lemon sponge and it just didn't happen for this guy and he went to pieces. Was like sobbing watching it. But anyway, zero tax on cakes and biscuits. However, and I'm reading here from Wikipedia, Crucially, the lost states that live a biscuit is partially or wholly covered in chocolate, then it must be taxed at the standard rate. Amazing, there's nothing more British than that. People would have met at a table around this lawyers to agree this. Crucially, the law states that have a biscuit is partially or wholly covered in chocolate, then it must be taxed at the standard rate, which in the UK is seventeen.
Speaker 5: And that makes so much sense as to why in Australia we love tim TAM's and caramel crowns and mint slices covered in chocolate, whereas British people always love the boring ones, like that's just the arrowroot biscuit.
Speaker 6: We like a humbler biscuit.
Speaker 5: You know, it's because you don't want it's too cheap.
Speaker 3: And like I said earlier, the vicar is coming round and they might break out the tim tam. So what the U gave us just the penguin, which is far superior. If you ever had a penguin, never had a penguin? Pick up a penguin was their big marketing campaign.
Speaker 6: They are.
Speaker 3: If I did a blind tastest, you would agree a penguin is superior to a tim Tam.
Speaker 4: I would never Are they similar? Like a similar looking biscuit?
Speaker 6: Exactly the same?
Speaker 4: Are they?
Speaker 6: But the taste from a penguin it's better than a tim tam.
Speaker 5: Get one in, bye, I'll bring it in.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to By the way, someone says texts and Christian biscuits are traditionally cooked twice hence the name biscuit, meaning twice cooked in French.
Speaker 6: Yes, they would say.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it's those eggs.
Speaker 6: I don't know dropping that.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go to Cole's on today. I might go, excuse me, madam, where are the bisci?
Speaker 6: Yes? I am European, Trevor, good morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning Christian.
Speaker 3: How are you? I'm goodie. What have you got to say about biscuits? What do you think they are the best biscuits?
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, actually I think white and games are the best biscuits. But I've always wondered, is it twig a biscuit or a candy bar?
Speaker 3: I'd see yeah, in UK law it's a chocolate bar because it is not even partially covered.
Speaker 6: It's wholly covered in chocolate. It's a great one as well. I love a twigs.
Speaker 5: It's it is a chocolate bar, Trevor. Even though it's a biscuit covered in chocolate. You find it in the chocolate bar aisle and to look at it, it looks like a chocolate bar.
Speaker 6: It's wholly covered in chocolate. And with the taxation people, but.
Speaker 4: Capra, do those finger biscuits? Have you seen those in the biscuit aisle? They look like a TwixT, but they're in the biscuitile exactly.
Speaker 9: That's the question I was wondering, is because the size that count or is it the like the factor was actually in the biscuit.
Speaker 5: That's a great point. Actually, why is cabra what's Cabri doing in the biscuital They have no right to be in.
Speaker 3: They've done it by stealth as well, because what they've done.
Speaker 6: Is they've sneaked in.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's chocolate, but it's a biscuit bait. Yeah, how much is when does the biscuit end? And and and the chocolate begin? Also chocolate fingers, right, those things you're talking about, the traditional I only ever saw those at Christmas time. There are a thing that my mum would get out. She'd fan them all out on a plate, right like a peacock that would all be fanned out, and bring them around if there were delicacies.
Speaker 6: This is a fancy.
Speaker 4: So we used to have after dinner mints in the seventies year.
Speaker 6: Do you remember those then you have? Did you get after eights?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were called in the UK they were called after eights like it was it's after eight o'clock.
Speaker 6: We've had dinner and.
Speaker 3: The children of sleep it's treats usuf now with this delicious chocolate mint wayfar so instead of dessert.
Speaker 4: Yes, no, well, but serve them at weddings and you thought you were quite posh getting one because they have them in a little brown sleeve weddings.
Speaker 6: Yes, you had just a chocolate wait.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, you had dessert. And then when all the coffees and teas came around that have, like you say, fanned out on a plate.
Speaker 3: Any's delicacies and facin.
Speaker 6: You are spoiling us today.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Some of your brilliant emails now if you get your email right out on the show when you send your prizes. We've still got some limited edition one year anniversary special edition socks and we got the mugs as well. This one is coming off the back of yesterday late to the party and poor Patsy's husband Pat said, zero sympathy. He's scratched trauma to the cor near How is the big where we love machine today?
Speaker 4: By the way, love machines doing okay, still off work though still can't drive and.
Speaker 3: He staggered down the road to get your daughter yesterday, do school pickup with a patch over his eye. That's a great look, that's not your no, no, no Christian Systems show yesterday, couldn't call in. I was heading to work and I had no sympathy for her husband's injury. I've been the similar thing that was with my wife though this is David in mill Park reminded me the time I was asleep and the alarm went off and I couldn't be bothered reaching over to turn it off, so I pretended to be asleep. It was then that my wife jumped across the bed to do so, but instead of of a hand going on to the bed, it landed on my chest with the hard bit just above the wrist, catching my ribs. I jumped and screamed out of bed, and she said, serves you right. Two days later I was stood in a lot of pain, no sympathy from her. A winkler doctor sent me for an X ray. Four broken ribs.
Speaker 10: Wow, heavy your wife's hands or did she try to karate and pretend she was just hand on me?
Speaker 6: He married to Conor McGregor, Christian.
Speaker 3: I listening to the podcast So howard you talking about the joy of returning a dog, a lost dog to their owner. This was yesterday's show. I was mentioned because I read down some details. I seen a little fly in a black crog about a missing dog.
Speaker 6: The dog's been.
Speaker 3: Found, Amber, the little kavoodle that was on medication and are missing for a few days. Very timid little dog was found yesterday by lunchtime. So thank you very very much. And a lot of people in the area were spreading the word and talking about it. Quite a few people emailed me back and so thanks for doing that. But the good news is Amber the kavoodle is back home stage with her meds and she's doing very well.
Speaker 5: And was it the show that helped reunite it.
Speaker 6: They didn't say that, but in my mind, yes, we're.
Speaker 4: Claiming it to your community.
Speaker 6: See this Christian.
Speaker 3: One time was about fourteen, I was in the car pulling up at home with my mum. We saw a Golden Retriever in the front yard of a house a couple of doors down. We instantly recognized the dog as the Golden Retriever that lives around the corner. So we popped a dog in the back of the car to take it back home. My mum refused to go to the door because she didn't want to get stuck in a conversation with the neighbors.
Speaker 6: My parents like that.
Speaker 3: How many times you say that about so as well? I don't want to get stuck talking to them.
Speaker 5: Then we're not home.
Speaker 6: Yeahs, Pats does that lot.
Speaker 3: She turns in the lights off in her studio when Jack and I go in to have a chat with her.
Speaker 6: Perhaps we can see you in there, is it.
Speaker 3: My mum refused to go to the door because she didn't want to get stuck in a conversation with the neighbors if she didn't like so she told me to go to the door with the dog, and I got the front door, but I could hear their dog buck near the side.
Speaker 6: It wasn't their dog.
Speaker 3: They tell us that the people a few doors down are missing that dog that we've got in the car looking confused in the back seat. So basically, Christian, we stole the dog from its own front yard.
Speaker 6: It We then quickly.
Speaker 3: Joined it back and dropped it back where we picked her up from and sed off.
Speaker 6: Not quite the hero story like yours.
Speaker 3: That's from Stiff, Thank you very much, you've got an email for us a late to the party. Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three Grainy this morning. Front page of the Herald Son, front page of the hell Song. Obviously in this city it's all about footy and what often the Herald some will do well. They will try and find any story and link it to footy.
Speaker 11: Yeah, in the middle of December, yes so yesterday the news that the UFC, which is men and women locked in a cage fighting with each other, was even a decision to come to the home of footy, Melbourne, Marvel Stadium, where.
Speaker 3: Footy is played in front of thousands of fans. That's what That's what's drawn the UC in Dana White. It's like then they play footy there. Hymn's Word's always there, Matt Damon's always there.
Speaker 6: Former Hole manner at banners down there.
Speaker 3: Let's get them all fighting the cage down at Marvel Stadium. So whenever there's any slight tenuous link, they must brainstorm what the front page. Is there anything we can link this to footy. This is the best example I've ever seen of it. It's genuinely great news for since kild a legend, footy legend, Nick Rewot and Rewot and his wife they just had their third baby. However, get a load of this headline. And Nick obviously was amazing at the Big Freeze this year. I thought that was fantast Yeah, Freyman, get rid of this headline. Here headline baby Saint, it's the next bit.
Speaker 6: I love this.
Speaker 3: St killed, his hopes boosted as Nick Rewalt welcomes third.
Speaker 5: Son Edwards, signs of a desperate team.
Speaker 12: I pressure.
Speaker 3: That is headline of the day. Well done, hats off held, So.
Speaker 5: Were twenty two players bring the sigh of relief for this weekend.
Speaker 3: Well, they'll be looking to try and get the edge on the D's. We're playing each other on Saturday night. It's a huge game. Now they're going to be right because of baby Saints. St killed as hopes boosted as Nick Reewalt welcomes third son Edwards. That is fantastic. Now you have used the first time fabric conditioner.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I always thought it was called fabric softener, but I think it's the same thing. Is it the same thing?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I have never used it before. But my T shirts are kind of always stiff, so I thought.
Speaker 6: It's all the repeated washers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought, you know what, the product exists, fabric softener. Why don't I go and get some. I'd never had a TV ad work right now?
Speaker 6: It actually speaks like that.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean? Your internal dialogue? I always find fascinating. Who goes around and took actually having that kind of conversation with himself?
Speaker 6: Do you know what? Yeah? I mean, yeah, the product exists.
Speaker 3: Why is it?
Speaker 6: Okay? Voice in my head chatting to me like.
Speaker 5: This, I didn't brought it home. I don't really know. Are you meant to mix it in with the detergent or.
Speaker 4: You there's a separate compartment, so cocktail?
Speaker 5: Okay, good? I went for separate compartment.
Speaker 6: Now about which one?
Speaker 3: Because there is always I am forty six and I still don't know. Why is there three channels of mystery there? Why if they got that? Why have scientists giving us the three channels?
Speaker 6: Do you know what?
Speaker 3: One is the powder or if you use a liquid, then there's the other one which should be for the conditional softenare Why is there the third channel which is massive?
Speaker 4: That's bleach?
Speaker 3: Bleach on my clothes. I mean, what about and sawed my pants or something. Well, you know, if you've got to put bleach on your what what have you done your cricket wise?
Speaker 6: I don't have any cricket wise?
Speaker 5: Oh well, so if I'm looking left or right, the first channel is for the detergent.
Speaker 6: Well, my one has a little hole in.
Speaker 5: I don't have that. I've got I've got three slip planes, right, yeah, and they get smaller and smaller. So I put the detergent in the big one. The middle one I missed because it's the only one with a logo that's got a hand that's pointing upwards. And I don't know what that say, an alien sign or what is that? So I put the fabric industry in the third one. The smallest, is.
Speaker 6: That, right, Pats?
Speaker 4: Yeah that sounds right, Jack?
Speaker 5: Okay, So well.
Speaker 3: I still do now it tries my wife notes. I put a little bit and each of the three channels, thinking I'm going to play the game here, you know, some way it's getting softened.
Speaker 5: Catching my bets. I'm not that soft this morning. Now, feel feel me if you would.
Speaker 6: It should be that has not that's had no softer on.
Speaker 5: It actually feel like it's actually a bit rougher.
Speaker 3: I don't think you put it in the right channel, but I put it in the smallest channel.
Speaker 6: I don't think then the smallest channel on your machine isn't right.
Speaker 4: Get your user manual out washer.
Speaker 5: I never keep those.
Speaker 3: It's crazy talk now about looking at a manual. Were guys don't look at mans. Put it in all three channels, hope for the best.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: What washing machines need with the mystery of the three channels? It needs that sort of sound effect. If you start to pour it in the wrong one, just do.
Speaker 6: That, then I'm okay.
Speaker 3: The other one, God, and it's shake and dispense a little sweet you know, like to train me like that, you know?
Speaker 6: God?
Speaker 3: What a four point three Christian O'Connor rector show. So yesterday my wife and I we had to go to Harvey Norman in the middle of the day. Now, I don't know if you've ever been to one of these, any of these kind of showrooms in the middle of the day. They're very quiet. I feel sorry for the salespeople that weren't there. You know, it's really quiet. You know you can hear them having some of that band there there. When we went to yesterday, there was a guy there who's going, I won't keep I won't keep pestering you, Maureen for my favorite coffee cups.
Speaker 6: Everything just sort of hangs in the air.
Speaker 3: You know, they're just praying for warm bodies to walk in off the street.
Speaker 6: You know, it's mainly sort of.
Speaker 3: There was a very elderly couple shuffling around touching everything.
Speaker 6: I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't even know where they went, from the TVs to the hoovers to the beds. And then my wife and I. My wife was on a mission. We need to get a TV for on the rooms in the new house. And my wife wants the TV not to be like the center point of the room, otherwise she thinks it looks a bit to me. I always think when you're dressing a room, the TV is the guest in the room, and everything files round it whip.
Speaker 6: There's amazing thing in the TV. So chairs are they're pointing.
Speaker 5: At the t Everything is orientated towards the.
Speaker 3: TV is a star. Guess he's here again. My wife sees it very very differently, okay, which is why I've resisted for days, but yesterday I had to give in. She has researched and found that there was a certain type of TV. It reminds me of when I say this, I know you're going to judge me, right. It reminds me of years ago. I remember I had a I had my friends. He was middle class, right, My parents were not middle class. And I remember I went round one day and I realized that his parents middle class. They had like their VHS video cassettes inside these fake leather books. Oh, they literally said on the side Encyclopedia Britannica. Inside was like you know Jaws, or you know your favorite TV show, Beverly Hill's nine O two one hour and a cassette. But from the outside it looked like you had a whole shelf of leather, leather bound books. Inside were video cassettes. And I remember thinking, God, is that cool.
Speaker 6: That's right?
Speaker 3: This TV that Sarah has found out about, right, it is called the frame.
Speaker 6: Oh yes, have you heard about this pot.
Speaker 4: When we were in the market for a TV a couple of months ago, we saw that what is it? Very clever?
Speaker 6: Well, what it is.
Speaker 3: It's a frame that sits on the wall, so it's meant to look like it's a frame, piece of art or a photo. And then you turn the TV on and IH think it's something you clip over or some of that. No, I'll tell you all happened. Let's look at the listen. There's no I've said, no, it's happening. Okay, it's happening. It doesn't matter my opinion. I even said, why am I going? It's happening.
Speaker 5: It's only a matter of years before that goes the same way as the three D TV and the curve TV. For a while they were huge. They were the new thing in TV, and everyone wanted a three DA TV. Everyone frame, everyone wanted a curve TV. And now people probably out there listening are stuck with those things that we don't like anymore. And that's going to be you in three years.
Speaker 6: What about if you came around and he went, what's that lovely photo up there? Sit down? Also a TV? What would you think? You think? Would you feel sorry for me?
Speaker 13: What are you?
Speaker 5: The way you're describing is you're taking the picture off the TV. I thought the TV mimicked itself as a picture.
Speaker 3: Hm, maybe it does that, yeah, said I was so grumpy about going to a showroom anyway, in the middle of the day.
Speaker 6: I was like a teenage boy. You know.
Speaker 3: I had low blood sugar as well, and I kept seeing I needed to be fed before I went.
Speaker 6: So but I think it just one of those two things as well. What do you think about that?
Speaker 5: I think it's a novelty that will go away.
Speaker 4: No, it's a great idea. She's on the money there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is what I knew would happen.
Speaker 4: I knew pat see, she's got four side this woman. She's very clever lady.
Speaker 3: Or what what she doesn't want is going into the room and just seeing the TV as a sentiment.
Speaker 6: And I'm like, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 4: But you've got the best of both worlds. You got a picture and then when you want it to be a TV, it can be a TV.
Speaker 5: What picture are you going to choose? Do? What do you do? Just google images like famous artwork and center TV.
Speaker 6: I just said, it's just going to look like an Indian restaurant.
Speaker 3: It's going to be like a walk, which isn't a bad look, you know. However, it's going to be like a waterfall or something like that. You can look at that lovely waterfall in a minute, sit down, Let's watch the UFC.
Speaker 1: The Christian Who Connall Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: Christian. I don't think your frame TV is a novelty. We've got one.
Speaker 3: It's the only way I could convince my wife to get a TV in our bedroom. I always say that's not a good idea to get a TV in a bedroom. You don't get to spend any you know, Netflix or washing box sets and to do what play the piano together?
Speaker 6: Line down?
Speaker 3: Coming up next, we're looking for your I Almost stories on nine four one four one oh four three of the back of Make Us Say Wow. Yesterday when young Joe give us a call with his non makers say Wow story but about how he almost keyword almost bumped into former chains Bond Pierce Brosnan on the streets of Melbourne.
Speaker 6: What is your I Almost Story? Nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian Who Connall Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So yesterday we were doing our weekly Makeers Say Wow she was doing on Wednesday, and we get these amazing stories we never know what story we're going to as we go through the various callers, and suddenly we had a story from very excitable young man called Joe, and he had a story. Bear in mind that, you know, some of the stories we get our own credel, you know, and people who call in they think they have a story that's going to make the three of us say wow. It's a very simple idea. Joe had a story about Pierce Brosnan, former James Bond, how he's walking through the streets of the CBD and he almost bumped into the former Bond.
Speaker 6: End of the story. Now, Joe, you're still listening.
Speaker 3: Joe called us back five minutes ago when he heard me saying this guy called Joe called yesterday with this non maker. Say, well, he's just called back to have it out with producer Bet Going.
Speaker 6: I still think I was hard done by.
Speaker 3: Does he understand that I almost bumped into Pierce Brosnan? Joe, I'm glad you're still listen to a show. Let's agree to disagree. There's not a maker say wow, but it's still getting in love. In this phone in dedicated to you Joe Online one which is called I Almost Ye.
Speaker 5: It wasn't a sliding doors moment. Had he really bumped into Piers Proston, would his life be different?
Speaker 3: It was a Lockdow moment. You're not coming in to meet Pierce Brosnan. So this morning we went on a phone and called.
Speaker 6: I almost what is your light? Joe? I almost story Patsy, what's yours?
Speaker 4: I almost met one of my acting icons, Sarah Jessica Parker when we went to New York and ironically, my husband and I were on the Sex and the City tour and we've gone.
Speaker 5: This is what they tell everybody.
Speaker 6: She missed her. Let me to tip the driver.
Speaker 4: From Australia where we're in the East Village and we were at Magnolia Bakery, which features in the series. Anyway, I was busting to go to the loo, so I went inside to go to the loo. Chris was outside and she actually lives a block away and I.
Speaker 6: Can't stalker and yeah, we get it all right.
Speaker 4: I've come outside and Chris said, you're never going to believe what's just happened. And I said what And he said, Sarah Jessica Parker just walked past. I said no way, and he said seriously, And I said well, did you get a photo? And he said no, it was too embarrassed. And I said, are you sure it was her? And he said she's tiny, She's like a little pocket rocket and I said, that's her And I missed my opportunity.
Speaker 6: Oh did you like Sex and the City?
Speaker 9: Was that?
Speaker 4: You loved it? Loved it? What have you seen it?
Speaker 6: I saw five minutes of it once and not for me.
Speaker 4: Really, you've got no taste there you ever seen it?
Speaker 5: I've seen one episode maybe.
Speaker 4: Oh, boys, come on.
Speaker 6: But it's not for us, is it? You know? It was a massive show all over It was huge.
Speaker 3: And I'm confused how she's your acting icon because she wanted to do all those amazing movies like.
Speaker 6: Oh what Sarah stop?
Speaker 4: She's right, I love.
Speaker 6: The other one that got all the awards.
Speaker 4: You know what I like about her if she's really down to earth, She's not sucked into all the Hollywood started.
Speaker 3: The TV show about airheaded women obsessed with stress.
Speaker 4: She's not really like that.
Speaker 5: When you met her in real life, you realized that she was so down to earth.
Speaker 6: She wasn't even wearing high heeled shoes or Milano blaniks.
Speaker 4: You know, she's on bare feet anyway, that was my moment. She's not almost brushed with.
Speaker 6: Frame almost You were in the toilet. I know how to typical is that separate phone?
Speaker 3: And I was in the toilet of the toy. But this morning, what is your I Almost story? Nine four one o four three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 6: Three What is your I Almost Story?
Speaker 3: Tom listens to the show in America in Connecticut, Christian A year ago, I was walking briskly through JFK Airport, New York, when I noticed another gentleman moving with equal urgency, headed straight for me. He had his head down and her cap shielding his face.
Speaker 6: I know it's so unfamous.
Speaker 3: The standing get up of the famous person in disguise isn't sunglasses. You always look at that and go someone famous. Moments before a head on collision, he looked up and I saw that it was none other than Daniel Craig. This is another almost miss with a James Bond, but this one of the current James Bond. Without breaking stride, he seems to sidestepped me and our shoulders almost brushed. It's that footwork that got in the bond crisis averted. He continued on his way, and so did I. One fourth step though from either of us, And this will be a story for a very different feature, tom I one day we have that feature I bumped into.
Speaker 6: That's gonna make a note of that right now.
Speaker 5: Well, you'll never bump into a bond that. I think that's the thing we're learning, whether Daniel Craig or Pierce Proston bond is too sweet, too elusive.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take some calls and I almost Trinity, good.
Speaker 13: Morning, Oh, good morning, Christian, helly, I'm good.
Speaker 6: Welcome to the show, Trinity, And what's your iye, almost story.
Speaker 13: I almost tattooed Heath later.
Speaker 7: It was a few years back now, obviously.
Speaker 13: Yeah, So he came into the studio while he was filming Ned Kelly and so while I was drawing everything up and you know, loving life at the you know there with Pep Ledger, his handler, producer whoever, came in and we seim back to set a little upset with him.
Speaker 3: So no moment that would have been an amazing act and a huge loss, really sad story of anything about Heath Ledger, but an amazing I mean made the dark Knight Movies.
Speaker 6: This incredible performance and that.
Speaker 3: But what I'm curious what was the tattoo going to be? Did you get that far into the conversation?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 13: We actually we had the design all drawn up, we had expenciled. It was pretty much literally he just wanted like simple black lines around his wrist so he could hide them under you know, other things, so they wouldn't be obvious on sets.
Speaker 5: I guess.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I guess getting ready for the day who one day played the joker and the joke hasn't got tats?
Speaker 5: Yeah he's but I mean what he under a sweat band?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Bracelets, like you know, he's like little leather sort of band bracelets. That was the idea here.
Speaker 3: Cool, this could have been a story to make us say, wow, it's amazing. All right, Trinity, don't you call me.
Speaker 6: By Heather? Good morning?
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello and Heather, welcome to the show. And what is your eye?
Speaker 7: Almost well, holiday in Ballei one year. We arrived at the beach and noticed that Hugh Jackman and Denver Leief and us were there, and I almost went up and asks them for a photo, and noticed that they had their children with them and there seemed to be you could almost feel a consensus on the beach to let them have a family holiday.
Speaker 6: Oh that's very nice. That's very nice of you to do that, you know, and judge the moment.
Speaker 7: Yep, not just me, nobody did. So they had a good couple of hours on the beach and then they left. But it did feel good to leave them alone.
Speaker 5: If you see a jackman in the wild, leave it.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much, she called.
Speaker 7: Okay, great show, Thanks guys, thank.
Speaker 6: You very much. Heather. All Right, we're out of time. Sorry, Debbie.
Speaker 3: We're not going to get to your story, which is about you almost became the Australian distributor of Pokemon.
Speaker 6: All right, we got the news and sport on the way the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Hey, come on and welcome to this Mornings Isolated Vocal.
Speaker 6: We do this.
Speaker 3: Everything was Thursday on the Breakfast Show on God one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: Isolated Vocal. This just a strip back.
Speaker 3: It's the raw vocal performance and when you strip it back from the rest of the song, all the instruments, the studio effects, you hear in a totally different way and Ferraris it's a better way.
Speaker 6: It's more raw, it's more powerful. This is a great one.
Speaker 3: This song itself rock Sand by the Police, You've heard a million times. It's over forty years old. It's written in nineteen seventy seven. It's a love letter from Sting to a lady of the night. There was staying in a very cheap part of Paris, and there was a lady outside their cheap hotel, and Sting wrote a letter to her. The name of it, rock Sand, comes from the movie poster Sorono de Burger write that was in the foyer or the very cheap hotel. But how a listen to this? This is rock Sand in a completely different way. This is this week's isolated vocal Rockan.
Speaker 14: You don't have to put on the red light.
Speaker 6: Those days are over.
Speaker 14: You don't have to say everybody to the night, rock Same. You don't have to wear that dress to night, walk the streets for money. You don't care it's wrong, if it's right, Rock Sam.
Speaker 6: You don't have to put on the.
Speaker 14: Red light, Rocks Sam. You don't have to put on the red line.
Speaker 3: Feel a red light, full red light, feel the red light.
Speaker 6: Fell a rud light full on the red line.
Speaker 3: Originally this is going to be a very slow love song, but Stuart Copeland, who to me has always been the star of the band the drama, wanted to be a much bigger sounding song. The star for me always in this song isn't just things amazing vocal and the lyrics. It's the drumming from Stuart Copland very underrated drumma.
Speaker 6: Such a great song.
Speaker 3: It's from nineteen seventy seven, it's forty two years old, and there's that cliche, isn't They don't make them like the used to? And there's some brilliant new music still being made around rock bands now all over the world. However, I think we could do a feature call that don't make them like they used to? Because sometimes some of those old songs which are coming up for thirty forty years odd old now still sounds so great, don't they. And I love the drumming in that as well. But if you ever want to find any of these isolated vocals, it's the first time you've heard us do that.
Speaker 6: You find them all on YouTube.
Speaker 3: There's hours and hours and hours of them, and if you ever come across one, you think would sound great on the show. We have done three by Freddie Mercury. So if you start emailing the Freddie ones, I think we've done most of answer.
Speaker 5: We know he's good, we know he's really good.
Speaker 3: We've done three by Freddy, two from out and John I think two also from David Bowie.
Speaker 6: But have a look on YouTube. Just type an.
Speaker 3: Isolated vocal and there's loads of delights there. Do you know what I was interviewing? There was a there's a rumor going around that you two won of the first big sort of things they had in their careers. They were allowed to support the Police, obviously the big band in the UK in the late seventies, and the you two weren't an own band then they were an up and coming Irish band yep. And there was a story going around that sting vain man back of the day, like a lot of front men were so upset with how this Irish band that no one knew who they were were just smashing it every night and a little bit too good for a support act told the engineers to put what was was called limiters on their amps and monitors, which makes it means it lowers all the sounds. They can't get that loud on purpose. When I asked on her if this is true a couple years ago and I was interviewing, he said, yeah, said he had done the same. You should never be shown up by the support band. And I went, oh, so you were showing them up. You weren't this good. I didn't mean to say that. I regue to a phone in one day about great support acts you've seen, because some times you see a support band, don't you, And often most of them hardly anyone's there. But you see these prince support act somebody and you catch them when they're on the cusp, and you didn't know at the time, and then a year, two, three years later they suddenly they're really big. But at the time they were just an opening app to They were just a support act. Anyway, coming up next to tell you what we got on the show based on what happened yesterday. Scold one o four point three, Banana, Arma Venus.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Sometimes songs are like a time isssion, a direct link to a certain time and place in life. This song for me Banana rama Venus reminds me of being a teenager. And there used to be a monthly roller disco where I grew up, and the DJ always used to play that song and he would yell looks looks creepy. Now he would yell over the top of it. He would dip it at the venus bit and he and out another word comediically that rhymed with that man of mine. It was a road of disco full of teenagers and that guy was in his at least fifties. Hashtag different Timey's goed one four point three seventeen minutes past. Stay It's to Christian o'connoll breakfast show for illusion gas log fires. All right, So yesterday we had this amazing story from a litst so called Kathy, and she was taking we did a phone in this sweet five till but Tuesday about cheating at school. She told us about how she'd written this poem, amazing poem and it got an award and in the school magazine for Earth Day. And the poem was an exact literally a cut and paste before that was ever a thing of the lyrics from her elder brother's album Trees by Rush and the title track tree. She wrote down the lyrics and handed those in and basically she was only nine years of age. How the school or a teacher ever thought of nine year could come up with this huge, beautiful poem and an o to nature and wildlife. So maj just think her mums stool doesn't know. She's never told her mum and it was just a couple of decades ago because she'd be too embarrassed, and Mum put it up on the wall in a frame at home the magazine it was in. So we thought it'd be great phone in What your parents stool don't know? We put this on our Facebook page yesterday evening. We start a new thing yesterday tomorrow's show today. We don't know everything about today's show the day before, but sometimes we've got some rough idea and so if you want to become a friend of our Facebook, you can find out a bit about the show before even starts. Head onto OC one oh four to three on Facebook. Couple of great ones to get us going. Then, what your parents still don't know about you? I love this one from Nicole. My parents pay for two years of taithe that I didn't attend.
Speaker 6: Oh that was twenty two years ago?
Speaker 3: What did you do?
Speaker 6: Did you say bye? And then where did you go with your secret life?
Speaker 5: I've got my bag on going to say my friends at the bus stop on the other.
Speaker 3: Day, coming home, and you don't got any work to do for your course?
Speaker 6: No another year gone by? No homework? Or do we need to go and meet the teachers there? No, not that tathe No, they're not into that. And then there's Miriam here.
Speaker 3: I crashed my car and my dad sent me a check to get the car fixed. But I just took all my mates to the pub that dent stayed in the car for eight years, sold.
Speaker 5: Miriam.
Speaker 6: That's great. What have you got there? What don't your parents still know? You're grown up?
Speaker 3: But what stall don't your parents know? Nine four one four one four three. If you want to keep it from a secret from them worried that they might hear about it, you can give yourself a movie star's name if you want to remain anonymous nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melvine's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Next half an hour, Cross's in a Day Early with John by Shane Crawford live in a studio. Nothing's ever straightforward with Crawf. We agreed he's in every Friday. Yesterday he starts. Somebody's going sheep sharing tomorrow.
Speaker 6: I'm not making this up. We'll find out more in a minute.
Speaker 3: Right now, though, you're grown up. But what don't your parents still know about you? Angela has just sent this to me, Christian. When I was fifteen, I went snooping through my mum's draws in her bedroom, as you do, and I found her Like we say this word, you can't say we put their angel on Facebook adult muscle relaxer.
Speaker 5: That sounds worse.
Speaker 3: My wife's got one. Okay, she's got a stiff neck. But apparently you can only use behind a locked door. You know, I'm not a doctor. That's what she said. The doctor said how to use it?
Speaker 6: Then that's fine. Andrew, Good morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Christian. How are you here?
Speaker 6: I'm good? Have we still on? Andrew? Why don't your parents talk know about you?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 9: When I was in high school, made of Mine, we would often just get the point where we don't want to go to school today, or you know, Friday's looks me pretty bad on a Tuesday, so I had a scanning and a computer pretty early on in the mid nineties, and we used to get curriculum days from school, so where the teachers and principle would come together and talk about what the learning patterns would be. And so I scanned the curriculum notices, changed all of the text and the dates and things, and I just give them through our parents. Friend and we and say, oh, yeah, we've got a day off on Friday. Then I'd get an old doctor's letter that I'd hold on to Friday, copy that and change the day.
Speaker 5: Some talented mister Ripley, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 6: I mean he should have been charging your friends a fortune for.
Speaker 9: This, I thought about. I mean there was no Netflix at the time, Christian, So what the kid's going to do?
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, what's going to do? Andrew into the master forger.
Speaker 9: Exactly, I have a business I can for the website. But yeah, So we did that for a number of days until the principal brought my friend and I to the office and said, look, you guys are going to fail on attendance if you don't come to the next four to six weeks. We've checked out all of the documentation and everything in order all your certificates are there, but you got to come to school with the next two. It's the hardest month and a half of my life.
Speaker 6: What's a kid going to do? There's no Netflix.
Speaker 9: Exactly right, exactly right? Can we do this for number years junior high school? Anytime we felt like it was too much, we you know, a bag of Cheetos and some video game.
Speaker 6: Good time.
Speaker 5: Amazing that the teachers never thought of suspicious that you and your friend always got sick on the same day.
Speaker 9: Well they did. That's try a printable day. This is like you boys are always off on the same day, you know, a trail here but boating on where everything's on the control as far as the books to concern. But we were like, you know, I don't know. We hang out of it. Maybe we got a pod at the same time.
Speaker 3: You tell me that's great, Andrew, that's a great story. Thanks to calling mate. Most of the scene in Ferris Bud's day off where Rooney you at the head master that Ferris was tormenting. He rang his parents to say that he'd had twelve six days that semester, and as he's on the phone, Cameron's hacking into the school systems and Rooney Rooney is when your son has in the twelve goes down to eleven.
Speaker 6: It's their own sick days.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Joining us normally on a Friday today is Shane Crawford.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Crawff, good morning. How are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm good. So you're in your running gear. I went out for a run earlier.
Speaker 16: Why actually got Yeah, I was in my running gear. I got changed out the front. I do apologize. There was a couple of people when I was getting changed. I was new to my car. I think there might be a few complaints, but I was getting changed because toilet.
Speaker 3: She don't need to be getting exposing yourself to the residence of Richmond in the morning.
Speaker 16: Yeah, that is very true. I need to live and learn. But I don't know what it is. I like getting changed in my car. I don't know why there is but that it feels like.
Speaker 6: It's cramped and confined.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I sort it's a challenge.
Speaker 6: You know, Hey, you should take that to Channel nine.
Speaker 3: This in your TV show The Car The Changing.
Speaker 12: I was still trying to get that footy show go.
Speaker 6: I want to get that done first.
Speaker 3: So this week on the show, we've been talking about cheating at school. Did you do anything at school where the young Crawf.
Speaker 16: Was a well many times, but this is a true story. In year twelve, I wasn't great at school. I thought I was just ticking time and hoping that my football career might kick off. But in year twelve English wasn't much good, very creative, but that had nothing to do with what we had to do in English. So my football coach, who was also an English teacher, and.
Speaker 6: We can already see what's happening, and you make sure you get paid.
Speaker 12: It was great, Carol.
Speaker 16: He's one of the all time greats at Assumption College. He's an absolute legend. He knew that I needed a bit of a kick along. So there was a couple of questions that I needed answered and I had to do an essay and so.
Speaker 3: Spell can't Yeah, well that's right, we can't make your multiple choice scrawl.
Speaker 16: So anyway, so he answered it all and put it out in his own words, and he said, here, this is going to help you. You need to put it in your own words. I didn't have my own words. I didn't have so I copied it word for word, so all of a sudden in English, I went from an E to an A. This is true. I got sent. I got asked about this, how did you do this? And I said, I just studied hard. Then I went to the principal's office and they said what happened here?
Speaker 12: How did this work? And I said, oh, listen, I must admit being truthful. I had a little bit of help. Right, tell me about that.
Speaker 6: You crossed up the teacher.
Speaker 16: Well, I told on mister Carroll. I said no, no, I said, he helped me. Yeah, he guided me through. And then mister Carroll got called in and he got reprimanded under the bus snitch.
Speaker 6: There's a name for people like you in a place in hell, for snitches.
Speaker 13: It's no.
Speaker 12: I was being honest.
Speaker 16: He helped me, but I just didn't rewrite it because I didn't have my own words.
Speaker 6: So anyway, I find him. He's been homeless the last twenty years.
Speaker 12: But he's never been allowed to teach every again. Now, you could never get rid of him. He was one of the all time greats.
Speaker 16: But he was just trying to help a young country guy out and hopefully a backward kid who was looking like he was terribly in reverse, just to maybe go forward for a few steps.
Speaker 6: All right, we'll clear the ads. We'll come back Part two with Shane Crawford.
Speaker 1: Next the Christian oh' connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one or four point three.
Speaker 3: We're back with our guest this morning. He's on every week, Shane Crawford. So over the weekend there were some big games. It's a big upsets and I won the star performances. Actually a chat post team the Bombers. They looks amazing on front now very good.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it was great to see this time.
Speaker 16: A lot of upsets because it's such a long year to keep your team firing at the very best, and this is where injuries start to come in. But the biggest talking point around Essendon at the moment is Anthony Tip and Woody my favorite name and one of my favorite players in the competition.
Speaker 5: He's my actual favorite player. And I would hate to think he's going coming.
Speaker 6: To the he's coming over.
Speaker 16: Yes, he's he's put on whole contract talks with the Bombers. He's going to wait until the end of the year. He has been on fire. He really has been playing beautifully. I think he's kicked like twenty seven goals or twenty four goals seven something. Anyways, a beautiful shop for gold never misses under pressure. However, there's a lot of club sniffing around. Okay, I think the Blues want a really dangerous sort of forward. They've got some money to to throw his way out. North Melbourne are always out there, the Bulldogs, I think even Hawthorne are looking for some small forwards.
Speaker 6: Did you have this? You must have had these big offers.
Speaker 3: When the money comes and you've got a loyalty or opportunity, you.
Speaker 16: Can always sell your souls. You can just get more money, absolutely, and you fight that you go, am I happy? Am I happy? Not winning games?
Speaker 5: Here? How important was it for you to be a one club man your whole career?
Speaker 16: Well, looking back, I wish I had have taken off because early on in my career I just started a Hawthorne and I started to get a bit of momentum and I was going okay. And then because you love the club and you're with these young kids coming through there your mates, so you don't really want to leave your mates. As you get older, you sort of think, oh maybe I need to you know, just spark spark it up a bit and give myself a new lease on life.
Speaker 12: But early on I got an offer.
Speaker 16: From Port Adelaide when they were starting out and building a club. I got it like a five year deal on virtually triple the money I was going to get at Hawthorne, which was a lot of money. And but the kicker was, oh, you come over and possibly be the captain and be our leader, you know, go with a young leader. But also we might be able to get you involved in a McDonald's franchise.
Speaker 12: So that was the deal.
Speaker 3: Kickout.
Speaker 16: What do you mean not working there or no, not working there, although at the time franchise you.
Speaker 6: Can you can in charge of the friar on a Sunday.
Speaker 12: No, but it's interesting to say because.
Speaker 5: You're a junior manager.
Speaker 6: You know, he's only a three out of five. You don't have the little stars. But do you know what, he's no employee of the month they have as as you.
Speaker 16: I don't know if it still happens with McDonald's franchises, but that's what they used to do. Like if you actually have some kind of ownership, you had to go and work in the business.
Speaker 12: So I would have had to.
Speaker 16: Go over there and and make those what are those ice creams?
Speaker 12: Those mister wibi ice.
Speaker 16: Yeah, but even now, like I just kicked myself and like I've got four kids, I could I could bring him up on McDonald's and save a fortune, Like don't you look back with regret at times?
Speaker 3: And they never never westerly about a McDonald's franchise.
Speaker 6: It never came.
Speaker 16: I get a lot of money. I know it's not all about money, but it certainly helps when you've got four boys, you've got a McDonald's franchise were there. You can feed your family and friends, you can have all your parties there. You know, I'm turning fifty soon, so him a fifty story, isn't it.
Speaker 5: We didn't start to shake the campaign. So do you think that's what Gavin Wangan lies with that? Jack, one of my favorite players of the kid left s and n to be the first Captain of Port Adelaide. Gavin wan did he have a McDonald's for franchise?
Speaker 16: Well, I'm not sure, but I think he was encouraged. Why would he leave Esendon when he was flying and he was so loved and I think he.
Speaker 12: Loved the place.
Speaker 6: He the price.
Speaker 12: Actually fries and hash browns.
Speaker 5: Attracted to those Golden Archers.
Speaker 12: Well, that's the thing.
Speaker 16: And I think he had a bit of a family connection back there as well, so that certainly was I think a driving factor. But for me, I really kick myself to this day. I should have sold my soul. I should have just taken off over there. I could have been over there now, sitting there and just watching.
Speaker 6: Coming in here every week.
Speaker 3: All right, this quickly, then we've got thirty seconds left. What are your picks of the weekend? Then obviously Saturday night big game with the T's and the Saints.
Speaker 16: We don't care about the D's anymore, but the Saints under Brett Ratten. Was great to see them winning. I think they can continue on there. The underdogs this week, Collingwood Richmond a top four spot Friday Night. It's gonna be massive. Everyone's been given to the Pies, but they're still a pretty good side. But the Tigers they're up and about. They're on a roll.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're playing really well. Mon, you're going for your picking the Tigers.
Speaker 16: Picking the Tigers, And sorry I couldn't be here tomorrow. I'm actually going to shar some sheep which is true.
Speaker 12: So again it's.
Speaker 6: Because that McDonald's franchise didn't come.
Speaker 12: That's someone's got to cut the DAGs before we share them.
Speaker 6: All right, we got to go Craws. Nice to see you make.
Speaker 1: All the best The Christian Who Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: All right, then this is an ancient story. There's a sinner in Queensland where they're offering beds for patrons.
Speaker 6: You can go to cinema and watch the movie from a bed.
Speaker 5: You know that doesn't surprise me. I went to a nightclub once in the Gold Coast where they had no seats, they only had beds. I'm not sure if it still exists, if any of our listeners know what it's called, or if it still exists.
Speaker 6: You see it club with beds.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you the most disgusting part is the.
Speaker 6: Cleaning stuff we've got cleaning the beds. After it.
Speaker 5: They walk around with a spray because it smells so bad in there, and they just keep spraying from the hip.
Speaker 6: We did not need that story anyway. Today's that work time when he started to move the show on.
Speaker 3: It is bet bet movies. Okay, I've got a nighty on Elm Street. That's good, thank you. My left futon could have gone with back to the footon, but I went with my left futon. Alvin and the cheek Bunks.
Speaker 6: Wasn't sure how would it go?
Speaker 3: But I'm pleased with that one, Alvin and the cheap Bunks. I know what you did last slumber good all right, Jackie bod. What have you got bed films?
Speaker 5: How to snooze a guy in ten days? Four posters in a funeral?
Speaker 6: Ah, I was thinking about a four poster.
Speaker 5: One Lady in the waterbed Slumber, Doug Millionaire yep and the new Dwaine, the Rock Johnson movie Futon with my family puton.
Speaker 6: Don't repeat it all right?
Speaker 3: Send us your bed movies text them in four seven, five, three, one oh four three best we get in ten minutes time and give it. Tickets go today on the Green. Rick Asley is going to be live in the UK on tomorrow. Show tickets go and sell tomorrow. Rick Assley got an eighties double bill great one. Rick Asley and Aha are headlining next year. Tickets going sell tomorrow morning. Can win them on the outwork time waster with us this morning.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So tomorrow morning you get tickets to go to a Day on the Green. You got Ahara and Rick Astley are headlining and out at Rochard Wines on the twenty second. Next year Margaret Court Arena on the twenty third. Tickets go and sell tomorrow morning you can give a pair away.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 3: Today's at work time waste with the News at Queensland. Boy's the Home of Innovation Queensland are beds now at cinemas in Queensland.
Speaker 6: So it's a film.
Speaker 3: Sorry bed movies. Today's the outwork time waster Wind in the Pillows, Oh Silver from Heidi, Heidi bed her Civil plus Muriel's Bedding Gold in Bed with Madonna, what's the movie?
Speaker 6: Do you remember the nineties one Bed with My Daughter?
Speaker 5: Oh Silver?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I got really upset watching that when Kevin Costner went to see her backstage and they had like a bit of an awkward chat, and then when he left, she stuck her fingers in her throat like she's been sick from talking to him. And I loved Kevin cost for you. Yeah, I don't know, I don't you know.
Speaker 6: That's what. Oh yeah, that's one. I want my Donna because of your time never.
Speaker 3: Meeting her yet, Pat will cast a withering judgment on someone it doesn't even exist.
Speaker 6: That sounds so for you.
Speaker 3: West Side Snorri Gold Alice in Slumberland, Silver bus gown with the winds Gold, I don't the good name, sir.
Speaker 6: The walking bed.
Speaker 5: About a TV showing not a movie. Bronze, Uncle, bunk, gold.
Speaker 15: Sheets just not that into you, gold, I said, sheets, the lion King, silver arm a bedden, gold, Edwin sleep, Edward's sleeping hands, Bronze, where's my pillow? Gold saving private lie in silver black Hawk, eider down.
Speaker 5: Don't get it bronze eider down.
Speaker 6: I do eider down as a type of.
Speaker 4: Another word for a doner.
Speaker 5: I've never heard of that. What do you call you don't call the don okay, no, make no sense. Now what do you call them?
Speaker 6: Do they?
Speaker 5: That's a funny word.
Speaker 6: Funny, It makes no work, not even a word. You made it up.
Speaker 3: Fair and Loafers in Las Vegas, silver plus, corn airbed gold single white foot on silver ones.
Speaker 6: He flew over gold plus All right, who's getting the ticket?
Speaker 5: It's between that and uncle, Bunk.
Speaker 6: What do you like, Uncle bun to do a John candy? You can get that, Uncle Bunk. You're the weather'st oneing word up.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Now, your wife, Bianca came back from You've been awayfer apart from about eight nine days. Normally sometimes brings some brings a little gift back if you had anything.
Speaker 5: She bought me a lovely gift, something actually can share with the whole team from l a. She bought me a creativity stone, a colorful rock that emits creativity gives the owner.
Speaker 3: Where did she piece of Can I be ruined? I'm going to be rude, hoel a creativity rock?
Speaker 5: See, I thought you I'm a skeptic at times, I thought you would be the kind of person who likes a creativity stone.
Speaker 3: I have some creativity crystals at home, Okay, so full disclosure.
Speaker 6: However, a rock.
Speaker 3: That I'm going to hold and I'm going to write the next book buster a creativity stone?
Speaker 6: Where does she? Where does she get it from?
Speaker 5: She got I guess like a Knickknacks type store or where in the world from Laels.
Speaker 3: From the whole, big part of creativeness. Spielberg's in the Jennifer Anderson Show to find a great movie stall.
Speaker 5: It's the home of creativity in many ways and failures.
Speaker 6: Both are true. And so what is it just a pebble?
Speaker 5: No, it's it's you would fit in the palm of your hand nicely. I'll bring it in so we can all touch it a minute.
Speaker 6: I mean two things about the gift. One, she thinks you need it. What can I get him?
Speaker 3: Jackson was in a purple pat so maybe this pebble will help him.
Speaker 6: I don't know where is it today.
Speaker 5: It's in our bathroom.
Speaker 4: What do you do with it? Do you hold it?
Speaker 13: Aw?
Speaker 4: Do you put it?
Speaker 9: Wy?
Speaker 5: I thought you especially would be skeptic.
Speaker 4: I'm just asking how it works.
Speaker 5: You have moon crystals, You got different kinds of crystals.
Speaker 6: Even we would draw the line at a lucky pebble.
Speaker 4: It's like a pet rock.
Speaker 6: I mean, there's nothing.
Speaker 3: Literally stopping me going down the beach and picking up a lot of rocks, funny rocks.
Speaker 4: Oh it's painted.
Speaker 5: No, it's not painted. It's just it's a natural creative color.
Speaker 6: All right, that's it.
Speaker 5: You guys aren't touching the rocket or I'm keeping all the creativity for myself.
Speaker 3: Please don't tell me it says something like dream or on it.
Speaker 5: It doesn't say anything on it. It's a row.
Speaker 6: It's so creative already, how abstract, how wonderful.
Speaker 5: It doesn't need to show off.
Speaker 6: It is what it is, is what it is.
Speaker 3: Please bring it in tomorrow and let's just see what happens.
Speaker 5: I'm using it for myself though.
Speaker 6: Fine, we're all gonna just warm our hands on.
Speaker 5: Your glove, sit back and watch my performance tomorrow.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: We are back tomorrow morning. What are we going to do for title of today's show?
Speaker 3: There have been so many different things and so many moments on today's show. What lends itself to a title of today's show?
Speaker 5: The four Legged Duck?
Speaker 6: Must we?
Speaker 5: I think we have? You haven't really mentioned it again since the five past six this morning, but I go.
Speaker 3: On about it twice because it's the worst moment when the UK that I had on TV.
Speaker 5: Man Answers Stupid Question is up on our Facebook page now Christian competing on the UK's version of the Weakest Link.
Speaker 3: And I really was the weakest link. This video is why I moved to this part of the country. You can find it now on Facebook OC one O four to three. Tommy who made the video, is leaving the show as soon as you got out of it. Bye bye Tommy. Start gathering up your stuff. Went back tomorrow morning. Thank you very much for listening.
Speaker 6: Have a great day. We catch you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Huggy's on the Way, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three