Speaker 1: Heart podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hear more Kiss podcast playlist and listen live on the free iHeart apprit. The other day it was Mother's Day. I know you're aware. Yes, that was just checking. Do you know what? Though? It was very cute for me, like my two little girls made it very special. My husband, he went out of his way to make it special. But there's one thing that I think we've been led to believe is really just wonderful and romantic and sweet and makes you feel like you're all loved. And I was sitting there whilst I was being forced into enjoying it, and I thought to myself, am I all my own with this? Am I the only person who actually doesn't enjoy this at all? And it is breakfast in bed? Hear me out.
Speaker 1: I don't have to hear you out. It's terrible.
Speaker 2: It's terrible. It's so overrated.
Speaker 1: You want croissant crumbs for you sheep.
Speaker 2: I don't know who even rated it in the first place. Like what mum in the history of being a mom thought I want breakfast him. I want my kids to make me some burnt toast and bring it to me in bed.
Speaker 3: I get where it's because with a couple of because the toddler can't carry it.
Speaker 1: But at the end of the day, the mum gets to stay in bed longer. That's what it is.
Speaker 3: I'm going to hang out here for a couple of hours to breakfast ready, Like you don't get to do that any other day.
Speaker 1: So I get where it started.
Speaker 3: There are mums all over the world putting up with the shitter's breakfast and the crumbs in the bed because they want to stay in bed.
Speaker 2: This is true, to be fair, it was actually a delicious breakfast because my children didn't make it. They went to the cafe. But what that meant is is like the day had started, like I was awake, I was ready to get up, and so they came in first and did like this whole happy Mother's Day thing was so cute. I have no way am I going to criticize the excitement of Mother's Day. It was really beautiful. But then it was like they remembered because there were only five and four that breakfast in bed isn't obligatory part of Mother's Day, and so we'd already done the happy Mother's Day thing. I was about to get out of bed, so then Matt was like, okay, well, we can go to the cafe. So then the kids, he takes the kids, they go to the cafe. They come back about forty minutes later, and I'm up. I'm doing stuff and I hear them come in and they are trudging the stairs with the coffee and the bread and the smashed avocado with lemon, and they're like, Mom's got to still be in bed. So I had to run down the hallway, get back in bed, pretend like I wasn't dressed for the day, laying in bed, and then I had to eat my avocado cold avocado toast in bed, and they sat there and they watched me eat every single bite.
Speaker 1: The sacrifices you make sounds terrible, Laura.
Speaker 2: I was like, why am I being torting for me and your mother?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I think? I don't want to trump you, but I want to add to it.
Speaker 2: I this is not a competition, but I sit in my page.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be a stoytopper, and it's not a storytopper, but it's just something that I think is on par with things that people.
Speaker 1: Think are romantic but are not. A floating breakfast.
Speaker 2: I can't say I've ever had one brit I think guys take a floating breakfast over it much, you know, like you go.
Speaker 3: To Bali, you're a little hotel and it's always an option, like you don't have to have it, but they when you check in, they're like, hey, do you want the floating breakfast?
Speaker 1: And you're like, yeah, why not? That sounds lit.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden, you're in the pool, your breakfast is floating away. I have to tell Ben to stop splashing his long limbs around because the pool.
Speaker 1: Waters going on the food.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, this is actually not what I thought it would be. But also mantree of getting into the pool at eight am in the morning or seven thirty whenever, Like I'm a mom, I'm up at six thirty. I'm not getting in the pool to eat my breakfast at six thirty.
Speaker 3: And you have to because you can't have a floating breakfast, not in the pool the only time you can't have a stable breakfast on a floating tray.
Speaker 2: Do you not just put it on the side of the pool.
Speaker 3: You can, but you have to live with that that you had a floating breakfast that wasn't floating, that.
Speaker 2: Was on the ground. You're gonna be okay. I think the only time when a breakfast in bed is acceptable is when you're really hungover. That's like been the one time that I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Well. Look after really unpacking this far far deeper than I ever should have have, I've come up with a list, a list of things that people think are traditionally romantic which we should just put in the bin. We shoul all talk about how they kind of suck, and everyone collectively thinks they suck, but no one's saying it out loud. Yeah, all right. Having a bath with a lover oh terrible.
Speaker 1: Add to that as well, doing the deed in the bath in water. It doesn't work. And anyone that thinks it's good and romantic and sex it's not.
Speaker 2: In the shower not bad, but that's not We don't have to go.
Speaker 1: I've got one.
Speaker 3: This happened to me not in a long time, when someone like thinks that they're an amateur musician or something and they play the guitar and sing to my Yeah, I had was It was not bad, but it's like, what do you do? It's like a concept for one like what do you want me to do? To remain undies at you.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: My ex was a musician. He was actually very good, so I shouldn't I shouldn't poopoo him, but he would serename me from time to time, and looking at the time, I feel at the time I thought it was really cute, and now looking back at it, I'm like, Wow, that's kind of cream, isn't it? Okay? Something else that I think potentially could be great? But you're taking a risk. Surprise holidays now, hear me out, No, that's all right, hear me. I know that there's gonna be people who disagree. But if you are a busy person, if you've got work, if you've got stuff, if you I'm talking like complete surprise, get to the airport, a bag has been packed for you. You didn't get to pack your own things. You didn't get to pack your own taller trees. I think it's really romantic in theory, but I think in practicality it's it's kind of annoying.
Speaker 1: I don't think many people are.
Speaker 3: Doing it to that level where they're like meet me at the airport with a bad klava on their.
Speaker 1: Head, like I think most people usually know, like hey, tomorrow or yeah.
Speaker 2: I think usually you've got.
Speaker 1: Like a day or two notice.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have one more for you. Public surprise proposals.
Speaker 1: Nah, I don't care.
Speaker 3: I love love, Give me all the romance, private, public, anywhere flash dance proposal. I would have died for a flash dance dead, deceased, Bury me, bury me in my leithart