Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Meldon's Gold one oh four point three wise.
Speaker 1: From Richmond Gold one four point three HQ is Melbourne, Australia forecasting to the world.
Speaker 3: Who Who's Calling? Christians?
Speaker 1: And John for Sean mccarlos, it is Missus Nagie Beer calling James Cordenberg Groove.
Speaker 4: Shelley Craft here from Channel nine of the block.
Speaker 5: It's in here from Powderfinger. Hey Christians, Christians were.
Speaker 3: Who Who's Who's Who's Who's calling Christians?
Speaker 1: Hey coome Onring Tuesday morning, seven minutes past six Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Here for Jet Staff. So we are day number seven on Who's Connel Chrishion finishes as Friday ten a m. As long as when we start the show, we never really know who's going to be calling. That's how the game, but we're grateful for anyone who do get to call the show. Yesterday it was another day of surprises. Agro was the big takeaway from yesterday's show. I've had more emails about Agro than anyone we've had on good Say.
Speaker 6: He counts on the list because last week we had the fidget spinning dog and we said no, they've got to be human celebrities.
Speaker 1: Agros is a hot new entry coming in hot yesterday. I don't know whether it's people and enjoyed it because obviously a lot of you grew up with Agro on TV for many, many years. All the facts he swore twice or maybe all of that. Someone even said someone emailed me yesterday evening saying this, does this email to you about Agro count as a vote for him to win it? Which was great, But we're the voting won't begin until once it ends this Friday at ten am. So yeah, we don't know who could be calling today. However, often people email and say, hey, listen, I've asked so and so they said they might call today. I do know that apparently Pamela Anderson has said that she might call today. Jim and Man. When Pamela Anderson it was one of those big worldwide names, a brand. What has happened? Where is Pamela Anderson now?
Speaker 7: Well, she's supporting Julian Hassan. She isn't she go?
Speaker 6: Were they dating for a bit?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 7: They said they, well that reports were, but I don't know if that.
Speaker 1: He probably said they hard to run a relationship from the Ecuador and Emba. She's the only thing they can ever do is go around to his all the time. Netflix and chill again, Julie, when don't we just feel like you're embarrassed to be seen out in public with me? Have been amazing to get I hope she does call. There's so much to talk about, especially all that part of her life as well. How does she get to meet him?
Speaker 6: Excuse my ignorance, but did he go to jail because he's out of the embassy?
Speaker 7: Isn't he? Isn't he in custody of the US.
Speaker 1: He has been west away to America? Goodness knows where he is.
Speaker 7: Or something really?
Speaker 6: Or is he at Pamela's house now?
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know. I don't know where he is. All these questions can be answered. Anderson gives us a call for the big interview. It's give me about sixty minutes. And then my other favorite email that came in the last twenty four hours is someone saying that they've contacted via his Instagram account. And this is how who's calling Christian works. It's not just about if you know a celebrity or you live near one, ask him to call the show and they can plug a charity and maybe win twenty thousand dollars on the show, and you win twenty thousand dollars for yourself as well. It's on social media. There are so many celebrities now. One of our listeners yesterday actually went onto Facebook for the first time on her life because she wants to enter the competition. She opened her whole new account yep, and has contacted Dawn French. She's never used social media in a life and then but somebody else has contacted. Robert Danny Junior is a great actor or via his Instagram account, he does a lot on Instagram, Robert Dnney Junior. If you look through his feed as well, you'll see a lot of charity stuff he pluggs as well. But the only Instagram account this listener of ours has is her dog's Instagram account. So Robert Danny Junior has been getting messages from a dog. I think there's a strong child. Robert Danny Junior Stripes is the kind of guy who likes dogs and is going to listen to a dog more than a human, saying call this radio show in Melbourne, Australia called Gold one oh four point three, So we may or may not get a call today from Pamela Anderson and Robert Danny Jr. When we say tonight, we do who actually give us called Robert Daney Junior can say a dog.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three, one of the producers has came into studio and gave me a heads up about a potential caller on today's show and actually said to me, just to let you know, he is actually quite well spoken. That should ever be so that I need to be warned about, you know, as opposed to the often six hour just heads up. Another one of those fancy Dan's coming in again with the old words that are clearly legible.
Speaker 6: I know how you like a total crazy person, and I wouldn't usually put somebody like this on.
Speaker 1: But how do you feel about speaking to someone well spoken today?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: Not today, he's not feeling it today. Not today. Le everyone back up the studio, all right? Then they just had this. This is an interesting email from a man called Richard Norton. Hi, Christian, my name is Richard Norton. I'm contacting you from Atlanta, Georgia, America, where I'm presently working as forget this fight coordinator on the next Suicide Squad movie, being directed by James Gunn's been contacted by one of our listeners, Shane Cooper, about who's calling Christian. A few years ago, a martial arts friend of mine, Andrew Roberts, passed away and his wife had the sort up a foundation in his honor to raise funds to out terminally ill people have the last at homes with their family of a Melbourne lad. Been in martial arts for most of my life and been in the entertainment industry from four years now, having recently worked on Mad Max, Fury Roads, Suisquad Squad one, Triple Frontier and now Suicide Squad two.
Speaker 6: Is Triple Frontier, the Ben Effling Netflix movie that you're trying to encourage us always to see.
Speaker 1: Yep, this guy grew up in Croydon. He's now, you know, over in Hollywood as a fight coordinate on Suicide Squad too, which is crammed with stars.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, Will Smith, Margo Robbie.
Speaker 1: And Christian. A funny tippit is that I'm a great Bobby phrase. That tipbit is I'm married to x Sale of the Century model and World Safari actress Judy Green and Chuck Norris was best man at our wedding. We've got to get this guy, and he's open Atlanta at the moment. We're trying to see if we can get him to give us a call for Who's calling in Christian This is incredible. He wants to know more details. He's a waere it ends Friday. He's hoping to give us a call.
Speaker 6: It awesome.
Speaker 1: I want life he's had anyway, how does he end up going for martial arts a lad from Croydon to working on those big movies now on Suicide Scord? But then I want to know about how the hell did he become friends with Chuck Norris. I guess if he's in martial arts circles. But still that's incredible, so who knows? I think quickly google who else is in there, because I think there's about eight different stars in suic Squad Suicide Squad two.
Speaker 6: So Jared Lado is the is the joker here.
Speaker 1: Being character that just quite an intense guy. We thought Agro is hard worked yesterday. That now the way of Jared Lito. Just to warn you he is mad. I think pretty sure I like you said, Will Smith is in it, and Omargo Robbie is in it as well. Any of those, even just Richard Norton himself, the stunt coordinator, would be a great chat anyway. But someone on a movie set, especially when a lot of actors on those big film sets, they're hanging around most of the day in their trailers.
Speaker 6: I guess I guess the act like the car and Google byb No, I think it's it's because the movie is not out. I guess people don't know. Maybe it's just rumors and speculation at this point.
Speaker 1: Oh we know, John Farnon could be That's why we had later from coming up on the show The.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three, how to complain about something that we did on the show yesterday. Normally wouldn't bothery with complaints, but I think this one we can make good on. Okay, Christian Christian Christian three estamation marks. That's how annoyed this person is at me. Comes in at seven point thirty two am yesterday from a concerned listener. Jenny Mitchell was driving to work and heard a discussion with Jack about rocking chairs and knitting. Nanez. Now, just to give you some clarification, Jack was saying about him and his wife were interested in getting a rocking chair, and I said, normally that's something you know, you associate with a gran out on the front porch knitting. Yes, anything offensive to me?
Speaker 6: No, it's a fair stereotype.
Speaker 1: Yes, perhaps. Do you think it's offensive or objectionable?
Speaker 7: I think it was offensive that you said I did that out at Wherrib.
Speaker 6: Oh, yeah, yes I do.
Speaker 1: I'm moness, But you have no right to reply to you. Are you knit?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: I can't knit for nuts. I leave holes in my scarves.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that people couldn knit for nuts, but some of these knitches can do. They can hit nuts now anyway.
Speaker 6: It sounds like some kind of fun knitting for us.
Speaker 1: Back to Jenny Chrishi and I knit with many, many people, and trust me, none knit in a rocking chair, and only one is a nana. It is such a stereotype. Christian, I'm disappointing you and the team for stereotyping knitters. They come on, you're a part of it. For stereotyping knitters as old women in rocking chairs. You guys need to get out more to the really funky yarn shops and to the shows and festivals. Trust me, no nana's in rocking chairs knitting. In my group, we have a set of twins who are fourteen who knit with us, a few blokes and only one real, genuine Nana so who is removed from the stereotype. She is a funky lady. Hi Janette. She's even doing shouts outs in her I love you, Jenny, this is great. Christian loved the show I do. However, please stop with the stereotype of knitting nana's in rocking chairs, Nanisen. There is enough prejudice in this world. I do not want to be an instrument of hate and division. That is not why I came into Melbourne. I came here to heal you. I'm doing frontier work here, so I'm going to get I emailed her back, just saying how it's great to be informed and aware of the exciting new developments happening in the knitting underground. Who knew.
Speaker 6: Now we're educated and we won't make the same mistake again.
Speaker 1: However, I just said to Jenny, would you like to come on today's show? Not so, I can apologize, but I have a peace offering to her and a knitting group. What I like to offer Jenny and her team of knitters is, do you think we should get her to make something for we have in the studio many years ago, A lady Canney made me a knitted versus myself and Noel Gallagher, and I gave Noel Gallagher when he came on the show, he knitted himself, which he seems to like a doll. It was a doll a dole knitted. No and a Dole knitted together during the show that we did together. And then when Noel left, he took the little knitted nol and I took the little knitted me. I've still got it now. I took it all the way here. When I ever grated, I wanted she wants to knit something for the show and her team of knitters. I don't know what it is, but I think we should get her on this morning. But Jenny, thank you for your email.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three to.
Speaker 1: Be golchan and America of the Weekend and Dwayne Ormand's Gold Top Guitar has this gone for one point twenty five million dollars, and I was reading about it thinking it's a lot of money for Dwayne Norman's guitar, and I didn't realize it was the guitar that he came up with the classic signature riff to Eric Clapton's Layla, which was going to be a ballad. But I didn't even realize that Dwayne Norman played on Everyone knows Eric Clapton's song Layla, one of those famous riffs in rock and roll, But I didn't realize it was there's going to be a ballad. Clapton wanted to be very slow, bladdered ballad until Dwayne Norman came up the riff and then turn into a far rocky number. This and this is this contains both of them playing on it together. You've ever seen Goodfellows issues brilliant and good Fellas twice as well. I want to hear the full song now, and that amazing outro as well, which is like a completely different song as well when they use it when everyone's being bumped off in good Fellas, You know that piano outro in it? Uh yeah, I didn't even know Dua Norman came up the riff that signature iconic riff on it as well, and played with Clapton on these two great guitar gods together. So I was thinking, you know, if you if money was no object and he could own and the lovely story about this being sold normally goes to private buyers and disappears into some big mansion and us some immortals never get to see a classic bit of rock and roll memorbilia. But the person who's bought it for one point twenty five million dollars has agreed to still keep it at the Orman Day Norman Museum for most of the year. He just wants it. I don't know where he wants it, like you're not the school guinea pig. But does he want it over Christmas? I'm going away for a weekend. I want my guitar.
Speaker 6: I'll take it Mondays to Thursdays. You guys can have it over the week.
Speaker 1: And in karaoke at the weekend. I just want to have it with me on stage. Is am I, Dwayne Ormand and guitar. But if money was no object and he could own any piece of rock and roll memorabilia, what would you love to own? There's so much I'd love to own. I'd love to own the Telefunken U forty seven. That was the only microphone once Frank Sinacher got signed to Capitol Records in the nineteen fifties. He used no other microphone other than he called it his telly. It's a classic microphone when those beautiful old microphones on the stand. But it's the telefunkn now known as a name and now known as a shore, but it's a telefunking you forty seven. It's in a very special sound that Frank thought was his magical sound. And he would only sing and record on that microphone. And would you keep it at home or would you do on the show here? You know, just channel the spirit of Frank when I'm doing the show. The other thing i'd love to own. You know, a big Elvis fan is that black catsuit that he did the sixty comeback. Specially, this was one of the greatest live performances for me because Elvis wasn't sure and he was having panic attacks before doing this gig. And it's such an amazing performance. And he's young, and he's he looks great, and he's got the suave. You got the hipsway, but I love that whenever you watch the Elvis sixty eight Comeback special. It was before the sad end to his life and everything was to become but he wasn't sure if he could come back and still have that magic, and he did, and I think it was well his best ever live performance. I'd love to have that cat suit.
Speaker 6: And again, would you keep it at home or do the show you wear it?
Speaker 1: I think it's a good look walking around the Actually know what I reckon. If I walked out of here in Richmond and I was in a leather catsuit like that with thanks to microphone, people wouldn't even look. Twice were though slightly older hipster. You know.
Speaker 9: You know that eagle jumpsuit that he wore at the Hawaii concert, the one that was televised around the world. You know, he threw that out into the crowd and I don't think that's ever been found. Someone's got it but has never come forward to say.
Speaker 7: Who it is.
Speaker 1: No way, Yeah, partly that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, when we went to Gracelane, we were reading about it. Someone in the world has it, but we don't know who.
Speaker 1: Do you know, what is it worth going to Graysland I've never.
Speaker 7: Been brilliant, is it?
Speaker 9: It's yeah, it was quite spiritual. We spent a whole day there and.
Speaker 7: It was, Oh, it was brilliant.
Speaker 1: How do you mean it was spiritual? Were certain rooms we could fill the king's presence?
Speaker 7: No, it was just I don't know.
Speaker 9: You had such a huge influence on music and the world, and to actually finally be there, it was quite surreal.
Speaker 1: What was the most interesting part of it?
Speaker 9: Probably I love to see his outfits, but just the size of the mansion is actually quite small, like the house is quite small.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I'd definitely recommend it. It's brilliant.
Speaker 1: Did you did have the TV room? We had about eighteen.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, the TV room, I.
Speaker 1: Mean that would be a dream to me.
Speaker 7: The jungle room was pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: Who wouldn't want like eighteen TVs? You know, something that's going to those like sports bars and they've got like sports small over the world than feeds. I'd love that, Jack, if you could own any rock and roll member, but it let me guess Green Day, Yes, I'll take the leading Elvis is your Green Day.
Speaker 6: Billy Joe Armstrong. He's had the same guitar since he's ten years old. It's a Fender Strata caster. It's blue, and it's got stickers all over it. And he's still that, he says, it's still the same one that he takes on to her and he plays at every show.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that the same one since she was.
Speaker 6: Ten, same one, says his ten. I find it hard to believe unless they go and just refurbish it and keep this, you know, keep it all intact. But then they go and mess with the wires and stuff, because otherwise I can't believe you can play it.
Speaker 1: For like, pianos need constant retuning, don't they. I guess a guitar is to that. But when the wood warp and stuff like that and sound change.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've got a sad theory that he maybe has like three or four replicas of her.
Speaker 1: And there's a separate phone in One Day about sad theories. It's not even big conspiracy theory, is it that big one about the Twin Towers the Pentagon? And then Green Day his.
Speaker 6: Guitar did we Land on the Moon? But it's just a real guitar.
Speaker 1: It's just a sad theory. It's got to be sad. Welcome to jackpo sad theories this week. All right, give us a call, then let's open up the lines. If you can own any rock and roll memorabilia, what would it be? Money no object? Nine one four three.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three Morning two. Veronica Lendorf, Good morning Christian. Listen to the show this morning. Heard you'd been admonished. Good word for stereotype in the knitting community. Yes, I have having my morning coffee. Last week I was forced to re educate my own knitting perceptions. An interesting art installation that's been placed in the foy of one of the buildings in Monash Medical Center where I were. I thought to myself, that's a huge flower, maybe a poppy. Now it's not a flower. It's not a poppy. It's currently in our building. It is the world's largest knitted placenter. Lovingly, Han Knitter, She sent me a phote.
Speaker 6: Oh that's in Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: Look at the size of that. That's a table.
Speaker 6: That's a huge percenter.
Speaker 1: Something from a stranger thing.
Speaker 6: Like this is like.
Speaker 1: Humans talk, Yes, that's like ten feet to it is stranger things. The knitted barbs in the middle of it. I'm happy to offer you and the team of tour if you like to come over and see, you know what, I think that'd be a great tour to have a wander around there. That is there's and then there's one of those sideboards and lots of inflammation about the wonderful percenter, but that is unmistakably a giant knitted percenter. So much our eyes have been open this morning.
Speaker 6: Everyone, when who's calling Christians? All wrapped up? Should we do atision? Win your way to the Giant Plus Center in Monash.
Speaker 1: We know we did the Golden ticket last week?
Speaker 2: Did we?
Speaker 1: All the greatest gigs in town? And that percenter at Monash, the Giant Mega Center. All right, let's go to lines. Now what're we talking about? Oh yes, rock and roll memorably. You'd like to own Christian, id to own the pianot and John used to sing Goodbye England's Rose at the funeral of Diana, Princess of Wells. That's some Shelley Christian. I'd like to get one of those big Neon hard Rock Cafe guitar signs and have it in the garden as a feature. Paul In Bayswater. Yeah, I mean, Paul, I'd love to have that, but there's no word have anything.
Speaker 5: I like.
Speaker 1: My wife would find that objectionable. My idea of a garden feature of my wife's. Wayne's in Sunbury.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Wayne, Good morning Christian and everyone. How are you?
Speaker 1: We're good?
Speaker 8: Wayne.
Speaker 1: I hope you well this morning. Thanks for calling the show. What rock and roll member, Billy would you love? Wayne?
Speaker 10: I would like Bomb Scott's bag pipes. I've met one of the guys on the back of the truck. He's given me the music that they played. It's a long way to the top and with the on with the claims of the west pipe being Highland pipe, then so I reckon that would be very fitting.
Speaker 1: Oh do you know what, I actually liked the sound of the bagpipes that it's going to be one of the only rock and roll songs that's actually got a bagpipe solo in it.
Speaker 10: No, John Farnam's got your the voice. Then there's a couple other bands that have also got bag pipes in the as well, Marla King, Tired, Paul McCartney. So there's a few out there.
Speaker 1: Do you know what sounds me? Wayne? These songs are a few years old. Come on, ed shearing, break out the bagpipes.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well I don't know, I've hid suits.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, well so I'm also the.
Speaker 10: Bloke that was texting you to stop playing the shortened version of A long lay to the top. You used to cut a lot of the bagpipe solo way out of it.
Speaker 1: So I promise you. I did that. Promise you, Wayne. I have never played the shortened version. We've always played the full version. Some of you, they are not so good songs. I'm a big fan of shortening some of those. Guilty of that one. I wouldn't cut that m.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: The songs.
Speaker 10: This morning?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 10: Can you play it this morning? Please?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I will stick it on for you Wayne. Okay, thank you very much, and have a good day away.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 6: I think the unedited version does go for five and a half minutes though.
Speaker 1: That's all right. We're going at ten to ten that we can finish the show early. It's not like you to be upset about that. Trouble is that. What happens is paa Anason calls in join that way and get upset. I've got to kill this on one last call, Joe, good morning.
Speaker 4: Hello, how are you Matte?
Speaker 1: Were good? Joe and Joe? What rock and roll memorably would you love?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: Get to that in one secred Christian, you're on a roll, mate, you're disappointed the lady with the knitting. You've disappointed me as an elbuston?
Speaker 11: Do not know that?
Speaker 10: How could you not know that?
Speaker 4: Elvis didn't throw his cape into the audience of the Olihah consummated? Does it right at the end of the show. There's footage of it?
Speaker 1: Kristian, Yeah, I've never seen that bit of the end. What the black cat suit?
Speaker 4: Eagel cape?
Speaker 1: Sorry, that wasn't me that said that story that was between the Jones.
Speaker 4: You never seen it. You never heard of it. It's on the video.
Speaker 1: I've never seen that.
Speaker 6: But you're getting in trouble for.
Speaker 1: Elvers. Show God.
Speaker 6: What he did say? That's what he did.
Speaker 1: Now it's the Elvis Blue Hawaii community. They're all coming out of the woodworks. This is like the right to reply our Lives Association hit ever playing that? Joe? What rock and roll? You're making us late? What's the rock and roll member?
Speaker 4: It's the guitar that he played at the comeback special. I'd love to have that the electric one was.
Speaker 1: That the one he gave away?
Speaker 2: And on with the Eagle, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: This works straight out of the seven o'clock News. If it was up to me, we should have that every single morning at seven o'clock a C d C long Way to the Star Top. We're sticking it on because Wayne during the first other show called in and started moaning that he heard an edited version of it, and also that he was saying he's a bagpipe player himself. Did you say he's got the music that he used when they made the video?
Speaker 6: One of the guys playing bagpipes on the back of the truck down Swanston Street gave him the music will According to Wayne, a.
Speaker 1: Bank pipe players play off. Do they have like music sheets? What is it bank pipe sheets? I'm not sure what the deal is anyway, Come on, it's to Christian O'Connor break for show. You enjoyed that twelve minutes past seven on today's show that we'll have five topic Tuesday and then anything could happen on who's calling Christian? It is day number seven. It ends this Friday ten am lord, I could we be asking what's going to happen. Then we'll announce our top five and you pick the winner from the top five. The winning celebrity, of course, gets twenty thousand dollars what I've been now for next Monday show twenty thousand dollars for the charity of their choice. And if you've got that celebrity to give us a call, whether you got them through Instagram or however you did it, you get twenty thousand dollars for yourself. So this morning, and the only things we do know are the emails you Kenza occasionally send us saying this is how we're getting on. Pama Anderson apparently has said she will call the show today, has got a charity foundation that came from Karen Best, who asked her to give us a call. We'll wait and see. And then the other one is Robert Danny Junior. Now all we know is that listener Jackie has an instagm Gramm account. She doesn't have an Instagram account, but Max, her husky dog does. If you want to find him on I've just followed him on Instagram. By the way, Max Dot Dot Dot the dot husky he has instead Robert Downey Jr.
Speaker 6: And now I think we probably should encourage everybody to use their pet pets account. I mean, I've got an account for Luna.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I made a note to ask you. I bet you're the kind of person that has an Insta account. My kids set one up for our dog as well, that I think is a very low Instagram user, just two messages last year, and my dog obviously does not have much to say.
Speaker 6: I follow and though she doesn't, she doesn't put a lot of posts up. Who should I get Lunat to contact? Which celebrities? Do you think my border color should talk?
Speaker 1: If you've got a pet Instat account, get them to contact one person this morning. Robert Downey Jr. When he goes to Instagram is like I've interviewed him. He's a very spiritual man. I think he will think that spirit animals are and he will follow the clarion call and I think he will call us. If your pet has an Instagram account, get them to message Robert Downey Junior today. Please do that and tag us in it as well so we can thank you as well. I'll get the keys today this morning as well. So this whole inbox is animals telling you to call me. That's how we can get Robert Downey Junior on the show. Since yesterday's show, since we finished yesterday, got the voicemails that have come in, let's ever listen to those.
Speaker 8: Christian, this is David park And calling as an Englishman. You might know me, but I am the bfl AFL coach and player for about forty years. I'm ringing in because I made of mind David Trebilco went down the pathway of prostate cancer, which I'm a survivor of too, and suggests that I should ring. We have a foundation which I'm the patron, not very proudly for barw and Health in Geelong who are desperate need of one of those machines. So our bike ride this year in October will be around Geelong and the Ballerine Peninsul, hoping to get sufficient times for us to help that particular hospital. I have a message to Shane Corford, who is a mutual made of ours and doing terrific work in all sorts of areas. Shane said to me, Christian has not learned anything. He still knows nothing about Australian.
Speaker 1: Put it well that's a lovely message from David park and David park in a legend of the game and obviously the first person who ever called us on the world of AFL footy, which is great to have our first person to give us a call. A couple of things. There is lovely message, great sounding charity. When they do that bike ride, I make sure we get David on so we can give it a plug as well. It sounds fantastic cause and prostic cancer. It's something miss effects far too many Australian men. Now that's what Shane Crawf is involved with. At the end of that. If I know nothing about AFL, that is the fault of the tutor I've had for the last year, which is Shane Crawford and also Crawfi. If you're listening, where is David Beckham? Don't forget we said if he's not here by telling and Friday, that will be your last performance with us. It's over, David Beckham. You've got four shows to get him on Crawl. But thank you very much to David Parker for leaving that.
Speaker 12: Hey, Christian, it's.
Speaker 13: Todd mckennie here, one of your loyal listeners.
Speaker 12: John Boys can't take me and asked me to call you to take part in your celebrity minion.
Speaker 5: So if I was successful I got twenty thousand dollars, then I would love to put it because of my association with the Bonte shows on Channel seven, I wouldn't have to put it to.
Speaker 12: Prostate cancer research. I heard that you want to do some dance lessons, so you've got my lumber day.
Speaker 6: I go in a call under, guys, what happened to your tap dancing career?
Speaker 1: We've got another voice home message him. It's on a hold by Christian.
Speaker 4: Steve Richards calling.
Speaker 5: Supercars driver and five comes winner.
Speaker 8: I'm calling in because Leice Grossman gave me a call via Facebook.
Speaker 12: I'd like to come into you.
Speaker 1: Christian who lap one of my rape You get a lot of challenges at the moment. Was it the bating one? I've got run eight hundred meters with the champion that caught us last week. I'm dancing with Todd the Darts World champions. Right, there's a lot going on. Uh have we got someone on the line now? I thought we're just about to find out who it is.
Speaker 2: The Christian who Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 1: All right, who's going to Christian? Let's find out who's on the line now. Who's going to be taking us to number thirty five? Good morning? Who's this?
Speaker 12: Please stand by for Michael Winslow? What's up, Christian? Michael a space pot? Yeah, I'm come to Bobby.
Speaker 1: Is that Michael Winslow?
Speaker 12: It'd better be with all those noises.
Speaker 1: Hey, Michael, thank you so much for giving us a call. I was as a kid. You stole Police Academy from Steve Gutenberg. You were you were the highlight for me. I used to love you on those Police Academy movies.
Speaker 12: Oh, thank you so much. I hope you I hope I only still that mad at me.
Speaker 1: I also think I saw you a couple of years ago at the Edinburgh Festival.
Speaker 12: Oh you came to the festival, you came to you.
Speaker 1: I think you were there in was it what twenty thirteen, twenty twelve you did a show that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I was there and it was a great You know what, it's great. I've just been thinking about it. I would love to go back into Edinburgh again because that was one of the best times I ever had and I'm glad you came to that show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did. I already enjoyed it. A man of ten thousand sound effects?
Speaker 12: Yeah, and I backed up that numbers. That number is now outdated because I'm way into more things now. And what can I say, I'm a worstermendlist.
Speaker 1: So what what can you? Can? You share some of your new ones with us?
Speaker 12: Michael, Well, let's see we of course we could do the classic. Of course we could do that, because I'm not going.
Speaker 1: To do that.
Speaker 12: Where do you want to start? Man? How's the weather where you are?
Speaker 1: Is cloudy here at the moment, and it looks like it might rain later today. That's amazing. And there might also be uh, there might be lightning.
Speaker 12: Oh, you guys were talking about Robert Downey earlier. I got I got a spiritual animal for him.
Speaker 1: What does that like? A human juke box on the line.
Speaker 12: It's a diggery dog, right?
Speaker 1: And who's asked you to give us a call?
Speaker 12: Ah? Tasha Chubes Tasha Jane Hees asked me to give you a call because I heard that you guys were giving some money away to charity and I would love to see you do that for a royal Children's Hospital.
Speaker 1: All right, it sounds like a great cause. And Michael, what we're doing is everyone who gives us a call, they leave a message for the next celebrity. Here's your question. Okay, sorry, question for the next Michael Winslow, here's yours.
Speaker 11: What is your favorite time of day?
Speaker 1: Michael, what's your favorite time of day? Please tell us in sound effects only.
Speaker 12: My favorite time of day is right when you're just about better get high, that's.
Speaker 1: Michael. One thing I've always said.
Speaker 12: Did you want Lord of the Rings instead? I can do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sure, why not?
Speaker 12: All right? Here we go. How about that?
Speaker 1: That's amazing. Honestly, it's like your human jukebox on the line. I know you do a lot of different animals, right, I always found that one animal that's very hard to do an impression of words. Two actually, one is the elephant and one is a pigeon. What's your elephant like?
Speaker 12: Oh, elephant? Do you want small, medium, or alert?
Speaker 1: I take one of each? Place small then let's go small first, then medium, then large small first, come on.
Speaker 12: Come on over here, come on, don't just spying million again?
Speaker 1: And now the medium size elephant?
Speaker 12: Oh, you don't want to get too close to that one. I can't do.
Speaker 1: That's brilliant. And now a large elephant please, Michael Winslow.
Speaker 12: Okay, step that place, get that place. Come on, that's not that's not a big elephants.
Speaker 5: I'm warning you, Mike, it's a big one.
Speaker 12: Come on, that's blood god zella Mike.
Speaker 1: All right, listen, Michael, we got to go. Thank you so much to call on the show. We need a question from you for the next celebrity that gives us a call. So what's your question? Please?
Speaker 12: Oh that's an easy one. And now here is your question from Michael Grinslow, the noise guy. Noisy man. What and who? What is the name of your favorite teacher when you were growing up? And why?
Speaker 1: Great question? All right, Michael, has been a joy to hear from you. Okay, you should come over to the Melbourne Comedy Festival next year and do a show.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 12: I would love to. I'd love to and now that I'm getting in the podcast and the broadcasts and stuff, I'd love to work with you guys because I have so much fun getting on the Australian radios. I had some of the most some of the most fun I've ever had is being on Aussie radio. So hey, love to see you guys. Good to be good to do some things with you all.
Speaker 1: Listen, You've been a joy this morning. Thank you very much for giving us a call. Michael Winslow, thanks a lot, your legend.
Speaker 12: Thank you. I'm going to get back on Maya and go all right, check on the.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: So we just had Michael Winslow calling in, taking us to number thirty five.
Speaker 6: Yep, this will be thirty six.
Speaker 1: Let's find out who's on the line now, good morning, who's calling Christian.
Speaker 13: Hi, it's Corey Felman calling from La.
Speaker 1: Corey the Legend Foudman. That's right, how are you Corey? Thank you so much and give us the show. I'm just stunned what has led to you calling us. It's great to speak to you.
Speaker 13: Well, it's kind of a surprise for me too. But this girl seemed very nice. She was only Instagram and she DM me and she said that you guys were doing this fantastic thing in Australia where if you could get somebody well known to call in that it would go to their favorite charity and they would put money towards their charity. And as a lot of people know, I've been fighting for children's rights very hard for the last several years, and right now I'm working with Child USA, which I am their ambassador or one of their ambassadors, and we were actually very successful this year in passing the CVA in New York, which is the Child Victims Act, which is actually the reason why Jeffrey Epstein and r Kelly were indicted, and all those cases are being brought forward right now, which actually just opened up last Wednesday in the New York courts. So that's basically as a result of the work that we've done, and we're doing the same thing right now in California. So I just wrote an open letter to the California Senate which I was able to get the support of some of my peers in the Me too movement. You know, our movements called Kids Too, which is for kids, but there's the Me Too movement which kind of started it. So we got the support of like Zanna Arquette and mir Cervino, John Shash and Jessica Barth, you know, a bunch of the people who'd kind of made their cases and document and so it's been very great and we're hoping for the same success in California.
Speaker 1: Well well, don giving a voice to those who don't have a voice, I mean, and also bringing around the Hall thing. I guess Corey is beringing around real change and making stuff happen, especially with the American legal system as well. So that's incredible that you would just start to see.
Speaker 13: But it's a ripple effect, right, absolutely, it's a ripple effect, and it will affect the rest of the world. We know that, Like if we're successful in California, for successful in New York, then it affects other states and it makes them fall and then that carries out to you know, the rest of the world because people see that we're doing something and that we're not just sitting around and letting it happen anymore. And that's a huge step.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 13: The problem with predatory sexual abuse is that you know, people see it going on and they turn and look the other way just because either a they don't want to get involved, or b they're afraid that the repercussions will make them look bad or come down harshly on them in some way. And the truth of the matter is is you know, you don't have to be afraid to tell the truth. The truth should always be at the forefront of everything that we do. So this is our chance to kind of correct those wrongs and put things properly the way they should be.
Speaker 1: Well, good for you for speaking out and letting us know about the changes that are happening then, and I hope it's part of a bigger movement as well. Now, Corey, thank you very much for to give a score. You're calling from LA. Whereabouts in the world are you?
Speaker 13: I am, Yeah, I'm in Los Angeles. I'm at home right now. It's about two thirty in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: Now, I can't believe you were in so many outstanding movies of the eighties. You've got Gremlins, also the Goonies, and then a movie which still stands up now, the brilliant stand By Me, which is a beautiful movie.
Speaker 13: Oh, thank you so much. Yes, well, I've been very fortunate. I've done over one hundred films at this point in my career. I've released six albums, We've done several tours. I've never had a chance to come tour in Australia, which I would love to do, so hopefully one day we can make that out happen. Uh there's a lot I still want to achieve, but I have been very fortunate and I'm very grateful to still be working and doing what I love to do.
Speaker 5: So there's all of it.
Speaker 1: You know, do you still remember that's the end quote at the end of stand By Me. It's the thing where he's writing, you know, the the writs up and we'll.
Speaker 13: Never have friends. We'll never have friends again like the ones that we had when we were twelve. Jesus, there's anyone a heart.
Speaker 1: That's the quote. It's beautiful way then as well. It's somody as you still remember it.
Speaker 13: Well, I must say I actually think it a little bit because I've been on tour here in America actually a bit internationally, but I've been doing I've been doing a comic con sort of tour with a reunion with the Goonies. So every weekend we're seeing fans and thousands and thousands of fans every weekend.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 13: So when you do that, you know, you get freshened up on all the quotes and the famous movie lions from back in the day. So yeah, I've been hearing it all.
Speaker 1: And so what's happening with the Goonies then, because obviously have you seen you must have seen strange things that mustn't remind you of the Goonies.
Speaker 13: Of course, Well, I actually don't watch television. It's a funny thing. I don't watch TV at all because we're very, very busy. We just don't have time for it. You know, I'm always working, whether I'm working on my music touring or you know, working on a film project, or working on my political stuff. You know, it's just there's always something going on. But that said, of course, I wanted to support my friend Sean. So when I heard that Sean was on it and it was this great show which was such a nod to the nostalgia of the films that we created when we were young, I couldn't help but try to watch it. So I actually got Netflix just for that show, and I watched Stranger Things just for that season. I did watch the first season to catch up on it, but then I watched the second season of course for Bob. And you know, actually yesterday was amazing. Sean and I and Key Keeley quand from the Goonies, we had a big reunion on stage, and we did this everywhere we've gone. We've done five of these. The last one will be next weekend in Toronto. But we were in Boston this weekend and we uh, you know, we're sitting up there on stage and it was this great thing that happened very organically. I'm not sure if you guys saw it in Australia, but Sean started trending on Twitter for no particular reason, all over a picture of an order. But you know, it was this.
Speaker 1: What I'm sorry, what as the world. Normally, when you see someone trending, you can't have a wire that someone's happened to them. I didn't know it was about an office.
Speaker 13: That's right, exactly exactly. So we were all kind of like, oh, you know, Sean's trending, what does that mean? But you know, it was over a picture of an order. And miraculously, all these people just started kind of going, you know, well, one guy said, well, is that Seawan Aston from Stranger Things? And then somebody says, no, that's Sean Aston from Gooneys. No, that's Sean Aston from Rudy. That's sewn asd to Drinks, you know, and so they kind of started keeping all of these great films together. And that's that's awesome, you know, that's a wonderful.
Speaker 1: What about Movie'd be great to have a Goonies and Ted's bringing back Ben and Ted's in a couple of months time. What Goony?
Speaker 13: Well, we listened and we've we've gone round and round. In fact, Sewn and I actually wrote our own treatment for a sequel and we never got it made, but we we brought it to Richard Donner and Christopher co was the original writer, and they they love the idea very much. But Dick surprisingly said that it was too big and it was too expensive and that he pictured something much smaller. And I was like, wait a minute, what are you talking about. This is a sequel to one of the great movies of our time. Probably you make it small, you know, but that who knows what they're thinking and if they were going to do it, you know, that's all I know.
Speaker 1: Was strange thing. I think it'd be.
Speaker 13: Great, love to do it, but you know, you know, keep the word out there, let's keep the positive energy towards it, and you never know, maybe one day it'll hit the ether. But I do know when thing's for sure, it can't happen unless it involves all of the originals, including Spielberg, including DNA, including all the kids, including you know, Joe and Bob. Would have to be involved, everybody, everybody.
Speaker 1: You can't do it any other way.
Speaker 13: But I know Josh wants to do it. I mean, last time it came up, he went on the Jimmy Fallon show dressed in his character Branda, and he was like, yeah, yeah, So he's like, hey, I'm ready. I'm ready anytime you let me know.
Speaker 5: I'm there.
Speaker 13: You know, we all feel that way. It's it's just a very special place in all of our hearts. But you know, again, for that reason, we also wouldn't want to do it any injustice, And I think that's been the hesitation, because you know, you don't want to just go and rush and do some crappy you know, Phantom Menace type.
Speaker 1: Now, we don't judge O Binks. We don't not judge jar Binks copping up onies.
Speaker 13: No, we could not have that.
Speaker 12: We could not have that.
Speaker 13: But you know, I'm thinking more of like you know, Force Awakens type sequel, you know what I mean, where it's got that like, oh wow, this is right, this is right, even if there were some parts at the end I didn't agree with, but you know it was gonna be.
Speaker 1: Now, Corey. The way this works, then everyone who calls every celebrity, they leave a question for the next person. Yours comes from You must remember the Michael Winslow. Do you remember the Police Academy did all the voices and the Police Academy movies?
Speaker 13: Yes, of course, Yeah, I know Michael. He's a wonderful man.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now he literally just called us twenty minutes ago before we had you, Corey. So here's his question for you.
Speaker 5: Well, that's timing.
Speaker 12: Was a question the morning you were growing up and why now?
Speaker 1: Michael Winslow's question was who was your favorite teacher growing up? And why?
Speaker 13: Okay, Well, I can't say that I really enjoyed many teachers growing up, and I guess my first instinct was probably to go back to my third grade teacher, who was this really hot lady named missus Hart. But that said, it would only be for wrong reasons, and that's definitely not okay, So I will instead go with this guy who is really great. He was actually a set teacher, and he was my favorite set teacher ever. And his name is Jack Tyson. Ironically, he was the teacher on the Greens, so everybody from the Goonies will agree that he was this wonderful, wonderful manlet we had two teachers. It was him and this woman named Rhoda Fine, and she's also wonderful and I got to visit her a couple of years ago and she was doing well, and they're both still doing well and it was really nice to see them. But anyway, the point is is that Jack not only worked with us on the Goonies, but then he also worked with me on several of my other projects. So I think he was on Lost Boys, I think he was on Polly, might have even been on License to Drive and Gremlins, I think, but he was on like three or four of my films. And just a great guy.
Speaker 5: Just a great guy.
Speaker 1: Yeh, that's lovely answer. And what's the question from you, Corey Feldman? For whoever we get a call from next.
Speaker 13: Let's see matching socks or not matching socks?
Speaker 1: Of course, it's the big question of the.
Speaker 13: Day, absolutely very important stuff.
Speaker 1: All right, listen, Corey, we got to go right now. But it has been a real joy to catch up with you. And get a call from you today on behalf of everyone who grew up with these wonderful movies that you made, Kremlin, Scooney, stand by Me, many many more. Thank you so much for everything you did and what you're still doing as well. Now Corey, joy to chat to you.
Speaker 12: Good luck, Thank you so much.
Speaker 13: And hey, a shout out to bron Win Scott. Who's the girl who got me to call you?
Speaker 1: Of course nice? All right, you're the rest of your night. Thank's Corey. Bye.
Speaker 2: The Christian o' connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be a couple of minutes late for the news, but it's who's calling Christian, it's live radio. We never know who could be on the line in the last now then Michael Winslow and the brilliant Corey Feldman. That was a real buzz to speak to Corey Feldman. I loved those movies. He was in Gremlin's, Gooney, stand By Me, Lost Boys, loads of other Brint stuff as well, but those four movies are some of the best. Not his eighties movies are just great movies, especially stand by Me.
Speaker 6: You think eventually they will reboot like they reboot everything, so Goonies will get a reboot.
Speaker 1: You'd have to think, especially at the moment, as I was trying to say to him, is because Stranger Things is so big. You think Netflix they're doing with these movies, They've got the markscour Sacy movies out in a couple of weeks time, they'd be the perfect They're the ones that did Stranger Things, maybe the perfect ones to do with the Goonies too.
Speaker 6: So do you think that what we're stopping him was the fact that he wrote the script himself. Maybe they looked at him went yeah, I don't want to say anything professional writers.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also, I like the idea of it being the Goonies now as grown up sort of forty and fifty something. So, so, how old is Josh Brownan? I think he's in his fifties as as and they've got kids now, maybe their kids go on the adventure.
Speaker 6: You know, I've never seen the Goonies.
Speaker 1: I thought you were quite ding the chat. Who's he chat too? Now? A little chin.
Speaker 6: Wagon stand by me and I love stare by Me. It's a great Ponies is on our list of classics this weekend.
Speaker 1: Alright, Oh, you've got so much to enjoy the Truffle Show. I thought you look a bit confused. All right, We've got the latest news and spot on the way, and who knows, maybe Robert Danny Jr. Is listening to the Dogs of Melbourne and will call us.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Day seven of ten. It will end this Friday, ten a m. We're talking about who's calling Christian. So far, then if you just tuned in and joined the show. Today we've had Michael Winslow, you might not rick recognize the name. You would if he started to go through is one thousand sound effects, which I think we got nine hundred and fifty two. We could have actually gone and got a coffee. We missed a chance stir team, but he was amazing. You will remember him in Police Academy all those movies. He was a guy that did all the funny voices and so he called it. And then Corey Feldman was just on. Had an amazing chat with Corey Feldman, star of so many great movies that he grew up was stand By Me, Lost Boys, Gremlin's, loads of others as well. We had a great chat with him. So now we're up to thirty five, thirty six, thirty six and still every thing to play for. Twenty thousand dollars will be given away next week to the winning celebrity as voted for by you, and twenty thousand dollars if you got them in. I think was it Heatherbrook that Corey Feldwyn thanked at the end? Who instagrammed him? Oh, bron wins bron wins gott nothing like I said. Heather Brook might have been a girl dumpy when I was fourteen, So I think it's the eighty stuff we're getting stolen. Can I go and see Lost Boys with broke Cooling?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Are you Heather Brook? How do I know you? Why is your name in my head? I can hear worm? Have you got a name worm in your head? Yesterday we were having dinner with the kids and we were chatting, and we were going through some of their old friends and stuff like that. And they still keep in contact with them other old school friends and from the old life, and they were still keep in contact with them on Instagram and one of their names and sometimes I really struggle to get those with audio when they bring friends back and I go oh, and who are you when they go, Dad, they've been here eighteen times, just Eden, What is that?
Speaker 7: I forget my own daughter's name.
Speaker 1: Half Once I was going to some girls going hi on Ruby stands, was like, Dad, she went on holiday with her? Thought she was my store card. I didn't know. I had no idea anyway. One of the kids they mentioned, I went, oh, my god, I remember that kid that. This kid was a kid who well, when they were very young, I think about ten, this kid had an imaginary friend. Jim and the kid. I don't know if you either of you two had an imaginary friend. But this one when the first time she came around and her imaginary friend was with her, and I was like a little bit freaked out because stuff like this scares me. And I said I sort of played along and I said, oh, right, and where are they? They go, Oh, they're not here right now. They live in the walls. Oh, I remember sleeping uneasy. I said to my wife, you don't actually believe that people like that actually see stuff?
Speaker 6: Do you know we're moving to Melbourne to sell the house.
Speaker 1: Sheep wolves in the houses you have here. There's no one there's no way anyone no insulation, no imagining friends, there's nothing in there. Did either of you two have imaginary friend No?
Speaker 6: I remember wanting being jealous of people who did, but.
Speaker 1: You couldn't just that out.
Speaker 6: I think I was too smart for my own imagination because I would try to think of an imaginary friend and then in the same thought, go, they're not real.
Speaker 1: God, I wish I was Jack Post. He's actually one of these rare beings. She's too smart for his own imagination. What a blight that must be wandering around thinking of stuff gone. But that couldn't possibly happen because I'm so smart. Perhaps did you have that?
Speaker 7: I did?
Speaker 9: I had a girl called Analise in my head, and it's quite normal, you know.
Speaker 1: No one said it is. I said, anast would would you like have a little sort of would she eat with you?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 7: And I talked to her a lot, lots all the time.
Speaker 1: What sort stuff would you say?
Speaker 9: Just general conversation about school and sport and what we were doing for the weekend.
Speaker 6: But you weren't an only child.
Speaker 7: You had brothers, No, but they were a lot older than me, so I kind of was what was her name, Analise?
Speaker 1: So what you like you'll be chatting about You're like, oh a lease.
Speaker 7: And at least do you like my dress? Analse? Do you want to go and play?
Speaker 1: How old are you? Eighteen?
Speaker 7: I was about eight?
Speaker 1: Iroicon, Wow, that's how long did you have? Did you know when her date of birth was? And stuff like this? Nothing like that, because this kid did apparently had to get a birthday cake for this. That's kid that lived in the Wolves where it was that some of them a horror movie? Did you did you have an imaginary friend? Give us a call? Nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three ask you this morning? Did you have an imaginary friend? I didn't chat, didn't pats did? It's a chat to her imaginary mate Annie Annie? Was it lovely?
Speaker 8: An?
Speaker 1: It's about plans for the weekend.
Speaker 6: How's she doing now?
Speaker 7: She's good? Actually, yeah, she's doing well overseas family entrepreneur.
Speaker 1: Didn't she ever? Wonders how Patsy is these days?
Speaker 7: Are we keeping regular context?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 6: Lovely world, Get out of contact, Robert Junior for us. I'm trying.
Speaker 1: Sarah's on the line, Coome wanting.
Speaker 12: Sarah, Hi, how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good, welcome to the show mate, And so did you have an imagining friend?
Speaker 10: Oh? I certainly did.
Speaker 11: His name was mister drainman.
Speaker 1: The most terrifying phrase I've ever heard, mister drain man because he lived in the drain.
Speaker 11: He lived in the drain near my house, so like he couldn't just appear whenever I wanted, I had.
Speaker 12: To go like collect him from the drain.
Speaker 11: He asked his parents if he could come over.
Speaker 6: This actually sounds like a horror film.
Speaker 1: I'm getting a little bit. I get easily scared, you know, ask pommies to This is very unctaining for me. Oh my word, this not even Stephen King could dream up such a thing.
Speaker 11: I used to he'd come for sleepers and I'd make him up like a little bed next to mine. But it was like he was like a little.
Speaker 1: Elf like and he lived in the drains.
Speaker 11: He lived in the drain near my house.
Speaker 1: Did he stink this was a bit smelly or no?
Speaker 11: No, no, he was just like a little little drain man.
Speaker 1: Amazing. Sah, when was the last time you thought about mister drain man? Other than me saying did you have an imagining? Friend this morning.
Speaker 11: Well, I actually walked by my childhood home on the weekend and I walked past the drain I was wonder how he's going.
Speaker 1: Oh, Sarah, that's great. Thank you so much for sharing that with us.
Speaker 11: Thanks love to say.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you sir.
Speaker 12: All right, I have a good day, you too.
Speaker 13: Bat.
Speaker 1: I'm actually going to be nervous leaving. I've been looking out for the trains. That's probably Eddy Maguire in there.
Speaker 8: Es.
Speaker 1: Go to Sandra. Good morning, Sanchra, come.
Speaker 14: Morning, Good morning, Christian. How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good Sandra. Ho a, you're well? And did you have an imagining friend or mister drain.
Speaker 14: Man my imaginary friend? I had a couple, but the worst one was Judy. She did everything wrong. Anything that law I did and was meant to get into trouble for wasn't me. It was Judy.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There were kids one yeah, the skatecoat one. Yeah, it's not and it was you doing it on you and Judy got up with the blame for it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, definitely. And it was really funny. When I was early teens and working in the city, I had this kid following me that was trying to let you on to me. And he said to me, what's your name? And without a second thought, I said Judy. So I hadn't really thought about Judy for quite a while.
Speaker 1: She still happened you out in that situation.
Speaker 14: She was still there. She got the ed you know something.
Speaker 1: There listen, Sicha, thank you very much. She call you have a good day.
Speaker 14: You too, Christian?
Speaker 2: Okay, bye, Okay, now, so Christian who Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: One thing we need to try and ask if there's anyone that might been to help us out. Yesterday we had our weekly Monday morning big meetings when we have it with the boss and we're all there to talk through what's going on and stuff that might be surprised to you that there is any kind of planning with the show. And it can be a how don't I say this?
Speaker 7: It can be a crueling I.
Speaker 1: Didn't say that that. I'm hoping to give you two enough. It can how would you describe it?
Speaker 6: It can be a count.
Speaker 1: The words on the show. It's sometimes nice to give a gap for the other people to speak. Chack, you're nominated for a new come on the year, you come on the air and the actress, how would you describe the Monday morning eating other than a feet of endurance and oh god, oh no, off to time were with you. But yesterday I noticed that often sometimes you drifting out of that meeting. You're not it's not consistently there in the rooms.
Speaker 6: I'm physically in the.
Speaker 7: Room and backpack right through it as well.
Speaker 1: Check physically he's in the room, but mentally he's not. He's not in the room. And yesterday, once one of your all time top three, where's he gone? I was looking at your eyes at one point and they were going through me into previous lives and other spheres. I was like, he's gone. And then someone mentioned about because we aren't going to be doing again this year the Grand Final, right, and you know we were talking about We've got we've got clemenses, Tom, We're going to have the parachuters. With the first care kick of the ball, he's going to jump out of the plane land at the Wittnoval. This is gonna be ridic something. We're doing the Grand Final again. Grand's kicking the weekend before. We let you know all the details, but you know we are definitely going to be doing it again, And we said, oh, you know, someone's going to be a bit of a vibe for everyone taking part on the day and working all the day and all the grand's coming down at bacon and egg rolls. And he came back. He came back, Oh cool. Nothing about Skyniver, nothing about anything. The only thing that got above a flat line was a bacon and egg roll. That was it. That was his sole contribution Skydiver time and Death ten one. But the bacon egg roll got you very excited.
Speaker 6: Now I am looking forward to that Skydiper. Everything on the Grand final day should be really cool.
Speaker 1: But that bacon egg So the thing is, would the Monday morning meeting be better if we got some food in and had it beforehand?
Speaker 6: That would be not yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What am I saying is we are looking for someone to be the official caterer to the Christian Accornerbent for show, but only on a Monday.
Speaker 6: With bacon and egg rolls. Yes, as a preference.
Speaker 1: Is it anywhere near Richmond or can get to Richmond for half nine yep? What mean? Yeah? Well, I think we're still on air and half yeah, but they can bring them in because I think we need to eat before we have.
Speaker 6: The meeting during the songs.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, obviously it's so smart. It's too smart for his an to mention if you can help call the show, just forget it.
Speaker 2: So, Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three on the line.
Speaker 1: Now this find out who is number thirty seven? Coome morning? Who's calling Christian?
Speaker 5: Good morning, Christian. This is Richard Norton. I'm calling you from Atlanta, Georgia.
Speaker 1: Richard, I got your email and read it out earlier. I was hoping that you would be able to call us. Richard, please tell everybody the amazing work that you do. So you're calling from the set of Suicide Squad two.
Speaker 5: Suicide Squad two with James Gunn. It's a total reboot of the Suicide Squad movie, which I was fortunate enough to work on the first one with David Eyre. So this is we're having another crack at it too, and we're in pre production mode at the moment. We start shooting the end of next month.
Speaker 1: And you're the fight coordinator.
Speaker 5: Yes, so, well, you know my job is to sort of train the actors quite choreographed the fights along with you know, a great sort of stunt team and actually quite a few of them from Australia. And I've got a choreger at the fight scenes train the actors and make sure they can handle all the moves and then ultimately be on set with them and make sure they look as good as they can once the cameras are rolling And you're.
Speaker 1: From You're in Melbourne at aren't you from Croydon?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I grew up in Croydon. So you know where Croydon is, right, Yeah? And it's a bush when I grew up there.
Speaker 1: That yes, So how on earth did you end up in Hollywood and doing because you've been in like hundreds of movies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I you know, it wasn't something I particularly aspired to do, you know. I would start at martial arts when I was eleven, got involved in karate with Tino Seberano, who you would obviously know as Kate Sabrano's father, right, and he was very instrumental introducing martial arts into Australia. So I trained with him and then in nineteen seventy with Bob Jones and I started Zendo kai style of karate, a very eclectic system that led on to doing personal bodyguard out guard work. Bob was involved in security when I met up with him and we were asked by Paul Dainty, a local entrepreneur, if we would look after the Rolling Stones and that was in nineteen seventy three.
Speaker 1: So seventy three you're looking off the stones? What was that like?
Speaker 5: That was amazing? I mean, if you can imagine being the first time on tour with a band as big as a rolling Stone was an incredible experience. And that you know, that sort of work is it's a lot of word of mouth in that work. So we were at the Stones and then looked after Joe Kaker Abbat was We then worked with Linda Rumstein, James Taylor for fourteen years, step with Mac Stevin Nix and do.
Speaker 1: You actually have to use any of your skills? There's a lot of it just looking tough. Do you ever hatch that to take care of anybody and get them out the way?
Speaker 10: Or yes you do.
Speaker 5: But funnily enough, the reason that I got a lot of work, and of course Bob, is that we didn't look like what people would imagine stereotypical body. Got to look like you know, I'm I'm not a huge guy and part of our thing was to basically blending and almost look like a member of the band. And you're a bit like that Alsatian dog was just sitting there and if somebody gets a bit too out of line and stuff that, you know, there your teeth, so to speak. And yes, And part of the attraction that I had when I especially when I went to the US and seventy nine, was working the bands out on the road. In fact, Rolling Stone did the article on me working these bands out because a lot of the members were coming off the road and better shaped than when they went on.
Speaker 1: So you were training Jagger and would you train the band?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I used to train well, not Keith.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it didn't quite get there.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one all point three.
Speaker 1: All right, today's at work time, Wister once more. That Haig's one hundred dollars chocolate hamper is up for grabs. Food bands. I've got KFC in the Sunshine Band.
Speaker 6: I don't know the band.
Speaker 1: Okase in the Sunshine Band. Maybe give it up, give it up, Bay, give it up, Comedies, beautiful KFC in the Sunshine Band. Now you know the band, bring the laughter picnic at the disco. That's good, the four Chops, Motown Butchers and the notorious Blt good, the bee cheese and thirty seconds to mars bar yeap. What have you got?
Speaker 6: Boys to Mentos, binfolds chive nice soup dog. Soup dog is good?
Speaker 1: Come on, look around the student. They give you nothing, and rightly.
Speaker 6: So Angus and Julius Scone nickel backstraps. Patsy saved me.
Speaker 7: No, I'm not laughing. I'm laughing at Christian.
Speaker 1: I think she just sneezed the Tobla emones. I just forgot.
Speaker 6: That's really good.
Speaker 1: Right in the dying rounds he came go.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Can you just grab Patsy's phone right now? What does she look at? That address?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 6: Give me that phoneline shopping?
Speaker 1: I can nine shopping at the start of a link. I'm not even turning the microphone on because you abuse the microphone. When you do that, you disrespect this honor. We have to speak into these microphones, these instruments we have of trust. What are you looking at?
Speaker 9: It looks like I've got seven weeks to get something out for the acres.
Speaker 1: Oh my word, how the head turns. How the head turns? The ward nomination. Wow, we the diva is born. Join the shown out shopping for dresses. Is that red one? I saw?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I's it from here? The color of it. I'm about eight feet there's Soude of the studio shocking.
Speaker 6: Well, you've got to respect the nine hour. Remember we're number one breakfast show nine am to ten am.
Speaker 1: I'd prefer if you said we've got respects all hours.
Speaker 6: Especially well, it feels like if any we disrespect the nine am hour with stuff like that, and me reading the newspaper essay which I apologize for, thank.
Speaker 7: You, and I apologize today skip.
Speaker 1: Skip skipper right, today's at work time waster. Come on, everybody, let's get back on track to show it. Hey, don't do that to me. I'm present here, Okay. Today's that work time waster is food ben, that's it. She distracted me with the dress shopping, food bands, buns and rosen silver the Gerard Fleetwood, Big Mac Gold Pizza in Mount Martha, Pearl Jam Crumpet Delicious.
Speaker 6: Silver plus, Twixie Chicks Gold plus.
Speaker 1: Works on many levels. Adam Oreo Speedwagon Gold, Tofu Fighters Gold, nine inch Snails, and then we have that last week and for.
Speaker 6: Something something else Bronze for repeating.
Speaker 1: Savage Garden Salad Silver, John von Ham Sandwich Silvil plus, Simply Red Rooster Silver plus, Whole Pizza Play Silver, The Peach Poise Simple Gold, Brian Fairy Cake Silver plus, Culture Club Sandwich Smart Silver, Murria Curry, Kerry for Kerry Curry Bronze throughout Us, Powder Finger, Bun Bronze, Scorn Jovi Silver, Aerosmith's Crip, Chips Here Gold eleven Secret Herbs and Spice Girls Get the Hages, Chocolate Hamper.
Speaker 2: World, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: We got another half hour left on day seven of Who's Calling Christian. Anything can still happen Sea Morning. We've had three Course Michael Winslow, then we had Corey Feldman, and then we had Richard Norton Bodyguard to the Star. I think it's been over one hundred and twenty different movies as a stunt man himself and starring in them as well. Still expensing a call from Robert Danny Jr. Who's been contacted by a listener's dog that has its own Instagram account, Max the Husky, and your dog has an Instagram account has also contacted him.
Speaker 6: That's right, your dog should do the same in anybody who's there pets Instagram password, jump on their account and please contact Robert Danny Jr.
Speaker 1: As that Stegosaurus that you own as a dog, has he got his own Instagram accounts? Can you not actually crop that big fat to get.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: All right, let's find out who's going to be celebrity number thirty eight on day seven of Who's Calling Christian? Good morning? Who's on the line?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 14: I'm Benita Collins and I'm here to talk about youth in search.
Speaker 1: Oh hi, welcome to Who's Calling Christian? Now listen. I believe that young you, the megastar that was in I'm pretty sure you are in play school? Was it for years?
Speaker 14: That's correct? Yes, well, if you read the blurb, it's just for over thirty years.
Speaker 1: Over thirty years, you're in play school. Thomas and Jack and Pats who obviously grew up in Australia, have recently moved here, Benita.
Speaker 6: Of course I got many childhood memories. Actually I had a teddy bear named Morris, named after one of the toys.
Speaker 14: Yees, yees. He's a lovely fluffy white.
Speaker 1: So how many years did you do that? For?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 14: Thirty years? However, quickly they could only make forty five new programs each year, split between five couples. We all only worked on it ten days a year. The rest will repeat.
Speaker 1: You're kidding needs a good work right, easy little gig?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How many would you knock off in a day?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 14: Too?
Speaker 1: And also TV then would have been a more innocent time as well. So a quick point of the round window and that show won done, isn't it?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 14: A bit more than that?
Speaker 13: But yes?
Speaker 1: And did you have a corpse or anything? You making the shows?
Speaker 14: Or well if you if you, as they say, stuffed up tried to add live your way around it? Mind you, when I had a goat on my knee, a little baby go to weed all over me, that was the time I had to really add live all around that.
Speaker 1: And did you have a favorite window? Was it the arch, the square or the circle?
Speaker 6: I liked the arch the arch, Yeah, I always hoped to the arch.
Speaker 1: Now, yes, yes, now we had obviously play School ran for years and years in the UK as well. I think it started a couple of years before we got out here in Australia. But in the UK version right that I grew up with, they never ever went through. There was some kind of snobbery. They wouldn't go through many times through the circle window. Was that the same with your show?
Speaker 14: Gosh no, I never heard yeah, no no.
Speaker 1: For some reason they never went through that circle window. I don't know what horrors were in there. And did you have the same thing where it'd be some sort of video about how glass is made and a glass blowing factory? You know, it probably shared the same videos. I remember there was one they kept playing every fifth episode, which is how bricks are made as well in a kiln.
Speaker 14: Well maybe that wasn't my episode.
Speaker 1: So please, who's ask you to give us a call? Tell us about the charity that you're going on behalf of Okay, it's use in search.
Speaker 14: In search is one word. They've been around, oh Will, nearly thirty years. I saw them in nineteen ninety six. I was invited because I'm also a corporate trainer and presentation and communication skills. I was invited to go and perhaps just give some presentation tips to these young people. I did. I found out about Youth in Search, how it worked, and I thought, yes, I want to be part of it. And so they have weekend workshops for young people aged fourteen to twenty who perhaps have been involved in drugs, alcohol, petty crime, truancy and it's a place where they can go and learn about what their problems are and how to deal with them and then move on. And it works. I can remember well my quick story my first camp. A young boy came up to me. He was fourteen. He said, hello, I'm he Stucker. I'm here to show you around. He's now the CEO of Youth in Search.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 14: And that's just a one off story. There are many, many stories of people just getting their lives back and having happy, happy lives.
Speaker 1: It sounds a great positive charity as well.
Speaker 14: Benita, Yes it is, it is, and I'm still involved. They also have what they call the Leaders training, where young people who want to be a leader learn all sorts of skills from team building. I do presentation and communication skills with them and it works. You see them go out into the world and as I said, they have happy lives, fulfilling lives.
Speaker 1: Now just quickly jumped on Google. Obviously, this is live radio. We never know who's calling in. Were you in a movie with Nicholas Cage?
Speaker 14: Yes, I was.
Speaker 1: I was a big fan of play School and it was like, I want that lady, she's got that magic.
Speaker 14: I'm not sure that's how it worked, but anyway, yes, it was knowing and I played his mother.
Speaker 1: How did that come to be?
Speaker 14: Well, you see, I'm an actress, so you audition for things. I auditioned, I got the jig, and off I went.
Speaker 1: And how has it been with because he's like, there are so many stores about stories about Nicholas Cage and what was he like?
Speaker 14: Well, the thing is that you and some of your listeners may know, if you do a scene with somebody, you have a stand in, so they stand there while all the lighting is done. So he had a stand in, So when we were rehearsing the scene and getting ready, he wasn't there. And at the last minute he would then come in because all the lighting and everything was fixed up for him or for the scene, and then you play. You rehearsed the scene and played.
Speaker 1: It and that was it and they was ushered out of there? Was that the same on play score for you? You had a stand in.
Speaker 14: Right, We were our own standing now.
Speaker 1: Beneath to the way this works, everyone who give us us a call. We have a question that's been left by the previous guest that we had on the show. And we just had a Hollywood actor and stuntman, Austroneyman, and he had this question for you. You ready for your question? Yeah, okay, So it's a martial ar theme. It's quite a strong question. But anyway, have it listened to this?
Speaker 5: If they suddenly found themselves in the alley's never attacked, what is the first thing they would do? What is the first move that they might save them from? An absolute vision?
Speaker 1: So he lives in the fight world, and that's obviously the stuff that is in his head. Benita, we didn't obviously readers at the time that you'll be getting the question if you were cornered in an alleyway by a disgruntled play called fan Nicholas Cage, how would you defend yourself?
Speaker 14: Well, of course he was not to know it was me and that I've actually done karate, So my teacher told us all all the females, you said, don't bother to do karate. If you're confronted by somebody who comes at you from the front, you bring your knee up and then run, so the knee went into private parts and then you ran. If it came from behind, you put your heel, run it down there, shin and run. It was always ended up with and run.
Speaker 1: Well that's a very smart Beanita. I never thought when we started today's show, we learn't having you on and you'll be giving self defense lessons how to escape attacks in an anyway? Part one with Benita. So how long did you do karate for?
Speaker 14: I did it for a couple of years, and then I suddenly realized when I was sparring with somebody, I got punched in the face because I wasn't quick enough to deflect. And I thought, oh, if I end up with a bruise on my face and I'm on set the next morning, professionally, I can't do that. I stopped it.
Speaker 1: I thought I would have added us something about you if you were to do it with like a black eye one day on place scoop.
Speaker 14: Yeah, not a good look.
Speaker 1: What a great laugh?
Speaker 12: You've got.
Speaker 14: Oh, thank you all right.
Speaker 1: Now listen, what's your question from you that whoever we could probably get a call from tomorrow?
Speaker 14: Maybe okay? Uh, right, to be a good theory for a day. And what wish would you grant somebody if you could you're a good theory and you could wish, you know, give somebody their wish, go for it? What would you grant?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Benita, thank you very much for being such a good sport telling us about a great charity. And it was a joy to have you on the show today.
Speaker 14: I thank you, Christian. It was fun.
Speaker 1: All right, good, thank you very much. Have a good day, Benita.
Speaker 14: Bye bye.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Heidi Furlick do you know? And we had Highly Frolick on last week about a late soup party. I can't remember the topic, but I remember the name Heidi Frolick because of her sign off at the bottom of our email address. H Frelic Bookkeeping and Fluent Books Pdy. Christian just listened to talk to the great Benita from play school. What a lovely lady. An awesome laugh. It was also fabulous to listen to Richard an hour or two ago as well. What an interestant guy, and I can confirm that the correct answer. The first movie you should do whenever if you are confronted by someone sinister is to run. I'm a retired taekwondo black belt. Who knew there'd be so much martial arts chat on today's show the last hour, there's been so much OCCA Now and weapons got mentioned an hour ago. I guarantee you we're the only movie show, not just in this city or this country, but in the world that actually name checked oker now and weapons. I'm a retired taekwondo black belt. I spent a few years teaching self defense and that was the first thing we taught the kids, just running, get out of there. Yes, are quite right, Heidi. Well, it has been an interesting morning, so many various guests or all different shades of show business. On day seven, three more to go, we're heading towards the big deadline ten am Friday morning for you to try and get your celebrities to call the show. If you missed it today, here's what happened. Obviously, Benita is only missing from this because our sound guy has just started crying in there's a very fraschhile man. Well, well, how long have I got? The show ends at ten Monday to Friday. Get it in before ten to be tomorrow. My fingers are bleeding for me, the editor. So anyway, here's what's happened up until half nine that has to go on tomorrow. Apparently unions we have here. You see all right, here's today's best of.
Speaker 14: Calling Christian day seven and voice Fowls are plenty by Christian.
Speaker 8: Steve Richards calling Supercars driver and five come better Winner.
Speaker 4: I'm like to challenge you, Christian, the last one of my rafe Christian.
Speaker 8: This is David park And calling. I'm threefl iofl coaching player for about forty years.
Speaker 12: Hey, Christian, it's Todd McKinnie here. I heard that you want to do some dance lessons, so you've got my lumber.
Speaker 1: The sound effects legend Michael Winslow called in now a large elephant please Michael Winslow, Okay, step up.
Speaker 5: Okay, just step pa.
Speaker 12: Come ons, not my big elephants.
Speaker 5: I'm warning you, Mite, it's a big one.
Speaker 12: Come oncome.
Speaker 5: That's bloody gods am.
Speaker 1: I eighties movie star Corey Feldman. They're bringing back Ben and Ted's in a couple of months time. Why not Goony?
Speaker 13: I will we listen, We've gone round and round. It can't happen unless it involves all of the originals, including Spielberg, including Darner, including all the kids. Just a very special.
Speaker 1: Place in all of our heart.
Speaker 13: But you know again, for that reason, we also wouldn't want to do it any injustice. And I think that's been the hesitation, because you know, you don't want to just go and rush and do some crappy you know, phantom menace type people.
Speaker 1: Now we don't jobbings.
Speaker 5: No, we cannot have that.
Speaker 4: Hollywood fight choreographer from the set of the new Suicide Squad movie, Richard Norton told us about training the Rolling Stones.
Speaker 5: A lot of the members were coming off the road and better shaped and when that went on.
Speaker 1: So you were train Jagger and Keith? Would you train the band?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I used to train, not well, not Keith.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: It didn't quite get.
Speaker 5: The Jews.
Speaker 3: Calling Christian.
Speaker 1: All right, then tit off. Today's show is mister draine Man. We are back tomorrow morning with who Knows you can get on the show for Who's calling Christian three shows left that are still wide open. If you want to hear any of the chats that we are we've had on so far in the last seven shows on this they're all on the website. If you want to hear the fabulous Benita again, it's at Gold one four to three dot com dot au. Thank you very much. Everyone's working so hard to contact celebrities they haven't heard them on the show yet. Please keep it going. We're loving all the differant chats and I hope you are too. We're back to my morning huggies on the way
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three