Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms Daily Podcast. Welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 2: Qts Q TETs CURLYESKOLQ.
Speaker 1: What'd you said before pigged piget but it's good? No, it was a it was a miss a misspoke. Yeah, we got a lot of those in the show. I don't, I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm nagging us. It's not a good vibe, is it. No, it's the year of positivity. What is the what's the animal this year?
Speaker 1: Don't check.
Speaker 2: I think it's a rat. Anyone know in the room?
Speaker 1: I'm checking five brains in this room. Twenty twenty two year of tiger.
Speaker 2: Oh, I feel like that doesn't mean much.
Speaker 1: Press about that. That's an exciting year. AnyWho shall we tuck in?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Flex and Rooms, I've got a fact for you right at the top, and that is that in America bimbo means something different.
Speaker 1: Then in Australia, bimbo. What do you think? That's silly person, unintelligent person? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I would say it's on purpose unintelligent.
Speaker 1: Do you think that's what a bimbo is? Yeah, bimbo is really the smartest of all people. Yeah, But in the general sense, the phrase bimbo is not a compliment it's a silly person.
Speaker 2: Well, I'd love to be a bimbo. That's why we're in this dress. It's bimbo dressed. Did you know though, in America, Yeah, bimbo refers to a.
Speaker 1: Brand of bread. Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in America, just white slice. Yeah, it's just the whitest, sugariest loaf. Oh, sugar tip top is quaking.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's quite cute. Yeah, it's cute. Yeah, it definitely looks like bread. That's it's preservative based. It definitely wasn't baked fresh yesterday. It's been in that plastic rap for the last six years and you wouldn't even know it's giving Lilian Yeah, preservative based, embalmed from the inside out. Never had a fresh ingredient in her life. Flex and frooms. When the last time you've had your feelings hurt, like two weeks ago. Have you ever had your heart broken?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: You have? You had your heart broken?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Have you? Yeah? But I don't think somebody did it to me.
Speaker 2: I have had that feeling where it's like been ripped out of your chest.
Speaker 1: Oh no, yeah, it was visceral. No, I was seventeen, so of course it was. Oh I feel really bad. Well, can I tell you something moving on? It was seventeen. You didn't happen last week for you, You'll be right. So I was doing some googles, as I do, and I came across a fact and it did come from a dot org website, so one might say it is completely factual. It is possible to die from a broken heart. And from what you're describing when you were seventeen, you were you know three, bad experience is away from something that could not be reversed. Here's the thing. So it's called broken heart syndrome or stress cardiomyopathy, and it occurs when a person experiences sudden acute stress that can rapidly weaken the heart muscle. So from what I'm imagining, it's like you get really stressed out, heart palpitation start your heart's working overtime and the way it hasn't before, it's not trained for that kind of you know output, and then so it starts to weaken, not strengthen them. Before you know it a slight little thing, you're out, You've skeated. And it's really sad though, because I did actually see on TikTok recently. Unrelated but kind of related no, completely related. This girl was doing a little like selfie motor camera thing and being like, oh my goodness, I feel really terrible, Like my heart hurts, I feel super dizzy. I got chest pains, I can't breathe. People like, is it COVID, Just like, no, it's not COVID. I've taken a test. She went to the emergency room broken heart syndrome, and she was I'm so embarrassed as well, because she was like, I cannot explain to you the pain that I have felt. If I knew it was from a broken heart, I would not have come here. So fun fact, give yourself some credit if it's taken you a long time to get over that person who broke your heart, because not only did they break your heart, they almost killed you.
Speaker 2: And they yeah, they could be watching this anyway.
Speaker 1: Anyway, this is flex and Frooms on kit. We're going to settle in for what I'd like to call a very modern debate. Yes, two types of people, or we take the Internet's most silly debates and we decide what is the most what's the best opinion? Yeah, I like that, what is the best opinion? All right, firms, According to the Internet, there are two types of people, Yes, those who think it's completely sound and fine to wear underwear when they leave the house, and those who are unsanct mominiously against it. Which can't do you lie in please reveal I don't wear underwear. I don't believe that. I don't. I don't believe that. Why because this is a meshress and I wasn't looking, but I know I saw lace.
Speaker 2: Well, let me stop you right there in a work setting where I'm wearing something mesh, I'm wearing underpants, not for myself but for you. I don't want to be sued. I have public liability insurance, but it's not for that much. So yeah, I don't wear undies.
Speaker 1: I'm now thinking about the different fabrics that one would wear from the waist down. I'm thinking DENI. Denim is really rough. I'm thinking cotton sweatpants that's very absorbent. It's very absorbent. I'm also thinking, do you get more than one wear out of your pants? For example, with these pants that I'm wearing today, They've got another day in them. You know, if you're going straight from crotch to pant crutch, from human crutch to fabric crotch. You don't have more than a couple hours these grooves, these grooves be picking up. This is not a question of hygiene, It's about practicality. Do you know what now I I'm thinking about it. I don't wear bras. No, are you right now not wearing a bra?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Maybe that's the same conversation we're having.
Speaker 2: See, not wearing a bra is crazy to me. I've got a bra, I've got a top supporting that bra. I'm wearing something tight.
Speaker 1: Keep them in. Shut it. This conversation needs to go deeper because it's not just about do you or do you not wear underwear in the daytime. This needs to transition into nighttime because I feel as though there's going to be more in for contention. I will say, there's only one correct answer.
Speaker 2: Who is wearing a full brief in this time?
Speaker 1: Look? Literally, every day I'm giving the girlies a black, high waisted full cotton brief, no variation, no variation. Okay, I'm a one trick pony. Through me is a commando girlie. But in the context of the office, for the benefit of us, her colleagues, she has decided that she will in fact wrap up. I'll wrap it up. Outside of the context of work, she is free, free agent. Here's the thing, though, what about for bedtime? Because I've been in argument to four and I will call them arguments about people who are vehemently against wearing socks in bed. I'm a big sock girlie. It's good for warmth. Don't look at me like that. I want to talk about it. I'm pro socks. I've got bedtime socks there on. Underwear for bed, yes or no?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's ridiculous. What that is ridiculous? Underwear in bed is a no. You need to breathe. This is my thought pattern. Okay, I'm closing my eyes so I can hear clearer.
Speaker 2: I like a challenge and I like change in my life. I get up, I'm wearing a skirt. Of course, I'm not gonna wear underpants. I need to keep it interesting. However, Yes, when I go to sleep, I go to wi I don't like using that much toilet paper at night.
Speaker 1: Can you drift ry?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: You know what it is.
Speaker 2: It's just that I wait and then I get up, and then I feel like there's more way. Like that happens a lot of the time.
Speaker 1: Do you get that No, it never.
Speaker 2: Feels like it's fully out, so they wear underpants just in case that a little bit comes out.
Speaker 1: I don't want to get up again. Well, this is a bladder problem, not a leakage problem. It's a brain problem.
Speaker 2: You know we're ondies.
Speaker 1: No, but I won't disclose who said it to us, but it is someone who works in close proximity mentioned that their reason for wrapping up at night is a fear of bugs entering them through the place that must not be entered by bugs. I think that's really important because they do say statistically like we're eating bugs and spiders all night. But that being said, two types of people, those who understand that underwear is meant to be worn outside and not inside, and those who don't.
Speaker 2: Happy to supporting my side, no undies and strapping it all in for debt strapping in Why are you saying.
Speaker 1: That this is flex and frooms on Kada.
Speaker 2: Last weekend, I was at a venue in Sydney with a new friend.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're a cop. I was at a venue in Sydney. Is that an alibi? It was the story?
Speaker 2: Well, we were sitting down having a drink and I know her purely through Instagram.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, her Instagram name is Juicy Romance. She's an DJ. Do you want to admit this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, happily, great Juicy Romance. We're sitting down and having a wine together. We've never hung out one on one. This is a new thing. And two of my friends came to meet up with us, who were both called Jordan and Jordan, which was Jordan's and she goes off to the bathroom and I say, Jordan's Oh my god, I'm in a bit of a pickle. I don't know Juicy's actual name. I say to Jordan one, you got to ask her her name. She comes back to the table.
Speaker 1: He's freaking out. He doesn't know how to do it, like introduce himself, how to be like, oh, what was your name?
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 1: Like he's just too awkward to do it. Have the introductions happened already, yes.
Speaker 2: But no names were given forward? Oh okay, yeah yeah. Later on, a few drinks in my inhibitions leave me violently and I go, point blank, what's your name?
Speaker 1: You said that? Yeah? Have you no shame? Have you no shame?
Speaker 2: I get it all the time. People always don't know what my name is.
Speaker 1: Of course, they wouldn't You don't claim Lucinda, They're not meant to know that? And frooms is your name? True? Do you get that a lot? Flex? Mummy? If he will say flex but everyone calls me flex? What do your friends call you? Which ones like Sally? The friends I've known forever I don't, but only have a few small friends I've known forever. They'll call me lil, but everyone else calls me flex because it is more than an Instagram name, though it's a DJ name first true.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the same with my friend Juicy, So I guess it's okay that I called her Juicy absolutely you know what her actual name is, Gwenavie similar vibe Finola fi n n o u la Fanola fol never heard of it before? Where is that from Ireland?
Speaker 1: Panola? So? How was I?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: You say? How was I meant to? Like? There weren't ten other things you could have done? The most obvious one is what I call the Flex special Because here's the thing. I used to think I was really good at remembering names and faces until I recognize the sheer volume people that I meet casually that I'm not putting any weight on that interaction. But they might be. So what I would do in that situation is make them introduce each other. So the Jordans come, I know what the Jordan's names are. I don't know if Nola's name. They're like, oh, my god. And then you cross your arms together in front of you, and then you say, oh, meet each other. Do you have you guys met? Have you guys met? They haven't met. I know this. Then they'd introduce each other. Yeah. I mean, you have to take the emphasis off you. If there was a spotlight that was pointing on you in that moment to say you should know that person's name, you need to pan that spotlight to the other people. Cast it away, Cast it away. You're listening to flex and frooms on Kada. There's still nonsense to come in the form of one of my favorite games. Mostly sometimes it's called stilling rivalries. As you know, we like to debate here, and we also like to debate silly things, things that have really no reason to be talked about for more than two minutes. All right, no real debates, no real debates, absolutely not. Everything needs to be semi fictional or semi silly. But I'm watching you chew this eminem, and I wish you just wouldn't have had it. Okay, I'm wishing you would have just seen the eminem. We have this huge jar of lollies, right and Froom's waits till literally seven seconds before we have to speak to put this giant eminem in her mouth. And then she goes between chewing and trying to talk at me. One eye is squinting because she's trying to chew silently. N your teeth the turning blue. Actually they are the whole tongue miscellaneous brown and blue. But I digress. Sibling rivalries. We take to a to east eight elis celebrities who also happen to be siblings, obviously, and we decide which one is the better one. The only caveat is you can't use anything that's like actually viable, Like you can't say this one's better because they're more popular. That's lamb. Today's siblings are ooh, ooh, it's in ell ell.
Speaker 2: Literally so gross, like a little piece of blueshell ludged in my throat. No, today's siblings are Jaden and Willow Smith.
Speaker 1: Wild card. It's a wild card.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and no, I didn't choose them because of will Smith's on stage Oscar antics.
Speaker 1: I'm not interested in that. Okay, what's done is done. Great. Today, I'm going into about.
Speaker 2: For Jayden, who is the older of the twins. Of the siblings, they're not twins. I always thought he was a younger one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can see that him.
Speaker 2: Here are some reasons why Jaden Smith is the better sibling than Willow Smithy. Jaden Smith doesn't try and have a Beyonce moment. What is that Willow? I don't see Smith on the end of Willow. All I see is Willow in capitals on Spotify. That's a bit of an ego.
Speaker 1: Jaden definitely calls himself Jayden. I know this is met I'm not meant to interject at this moment, but I cannot. Jaden absolutely calls himself Jayden. I don't know about that. Should we fact check? Not right now?
Speaker 2: Great, because this is sibling rivalries where nothing means anything. Jaden also is more of a vibe because he was will Smith's young son in the movie Pursuit of Happiness. That might seem like a real fact, but when you consider the Pursuit of Happiness is actually incorrectly spelt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why is that. Do you know what I'm trying. It's spelled ha py ness. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Why I go to that movie and I can't get out of my head? Why did they spell it happiness. Let me tell you a bit more about Jaden and then we'll throw it at the break. Jaden Smith cares about the environment. He brought out the bottled water.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. Yeah, that's a really good what was it called clean water something? Again, with Google, you could have just googled that one, and yet and yet you didn't.
Speaker 2: He wants to help the environment, and that's why I think Jaden Smith is the best of all Smith's, and perhaps the best Smith in total. To pink it will Willow yep them.
Speaker 1: Out of the picture. I'm all for Jaden Smith. And the thing is I like Willow Smith. I do, and that is the reason why I'm finding it difficult to argue on her behalf the case just isn't there for me. The only thing I can tell you that it's going to elevate her miles above Jaden is the fact that she was born on Halloween. Well, yeah, it's a big one. And here's the thing. I use these little fingers of mine to type into Google what does it mean to be born on Halloween? Because surely there's like some kind of cultural significance. Are you a spooky person by nature? Are you psychic? Are you a witch because you're born on Halloween? What does it actually mean? To my surprise, nothing, not even like a rogue blog post about how Halloween babies were born to No. Nothing, ah. So then I typed in fun facts about Willow Smith at the bottom of the damn barrel. Nothing. All I read was that she was actually mad at her parents for that whip my Hair thing. And when I say whip my hair thing, I mean the fact that that became a global sensation, that song. And she said her dad, in particular will was really harsh on her to make it a thing. And she said that it took her years to forgive him because she felt that he was more concerned with her being famous and riding out that wave than her passion for music, which is why she made the song to begin with savage.
Speaker 2: It's a banger, though it's a good one.
Speaker 1: She did it, but she was ten ten years old. It's giving Jojo siwah a little bit. Yeah, And so it's not very often that I'll admit defeat early on, but I think it would be best to me to say that you won that round your first time ever.
Speaker 2: I am an underdog, yeah, absolutely, like my boy Jaye and Smith God bless.
Speaker 1: I will say that water thing though, if I can just but I don't think Jaden's is making water because he gets about the environment alleged. Alleged. I will say that any celebrity parent who gives their children businesses to be the face of before they even adults is not doing it for the environment. Yeah, speaking territory, and I did do some research a couple of months ago that said water is going to be one of the most profitable sectors to work in because it's going to start getting privatized. Nah. I don't want to do conspiracies. I'm not going to do it. I'm want to rain it in. You didn't hear from me me flex And for the last couple of days now, we've had, I would say, too many conversations about dating and we don't plan on stopping now. Why it's too good. The content rights itself, Babe, The content rights itself. The amount of dilemmas we've received and also given really good advice on countless cannot be counted, but can be applauded, and you can send your compliments and well wishes to cater to a you're on Instagram. But I digress. I've done some thinking and I've come to a conclusion yes, that I would like to share and if anybody wants to also share this, they can credit me flex I hand on heart truly believe that in the realm of dating, ghosting when you're not interested in someone could be one of the kindest things you could do to them. Should I elaborate or would you like to say something?
Speaker 2: I would like to formally interject to say incorrect? Great, that's all I'll say for now.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, and don't get me started, because they do love a debate. I've been thinking about the phrase honesty is the best policy. What do they call that? Cliche?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And the thing about cliches is sometimes they're rooted in truth. However, sometimes they've just been said so often that we think that they're truthful. I used to be more of an honest person, and I found that I was just hurting people's feelings because sometimes honesty just absolves you from your responsibility of stuff and gives people a bunch of baggage they didn't really need. Let me paint a picture for you. Two people go on a date. Yeah, they go on this date with the subtext that there is romantic potential here. I think you're cute, you think I'm cute. We don't know each other that Well, let's go on a date explore it? Shall we? We go on said date? The vibes off, The vibes are not great. If we cast our mind back to was it yesterday's episode? Twopisodes ago, we talked about Alan and Ali. Ali is the disgusting spaghetti eater, and Alan texted in to say that he didn't know what to do, didn't know what to do about it. It was grossing him out. That's an incompatibility he wouldn't have known about by looking at her hinge profile. Am I right? Or am I right? You're right? I'm right. So here's the thing. If after this date you go on and you don't vibe with the person for reasons that they can't control, is it fair to give them the baggage of another insecurity. Let's say they move their mouth funny when they laugh. I've been there. You have yep.
Speaker 2: Really, I've been on both ends, so I can confidently say yes, great.
Speaker 1: Or let's say they told a story about their euro Tripe and you're like, this person is a weirdo. You couldn't have anticipated that beforehand, but to now tell them that it's mean. So instead of horrifying them with extra baggage that they cannot shed, just ghost them. Oh, I got a lot of thoughts about this. And don't hit them with the with the harsh ghost, don't hit them with the shady of all ghosts. Hit them with a soft ghost. Just wean them off you in the most delicate sensitives considered an intentional way.
Speaker 2: Okay, I need to know how to do that because I don't know how to do that. So you're on board, Well you need to explain to me how you can do that.
Speaker 1: You're on board or not, because I'm not on board? So what would be the better thing to do? You're not into someone, or you tell them what you don't like about them to their face and traumatize them. I'll give you my method. Great.
Speaker 2: I think you should always let someone know what the go is. I don't like the idea of people having like, what's it called false hope because I've been in this situation where someone's kind of like breadcrumbed me, and I'm like, do I text you again? And then I do, and then.
Speaker 1: See that perfect because you have an opportunity to decide for yourself. I think it's really unfair for us to go on a date and me say, hey, this isn't going to work out for reasons I will not explain, but or for reasons I will explain, like I don't like what you do for work, or I don't like that opinion you had on this thing. It's like, okay, cool, great, I don't even know you, so go away. Yeah, well I'm happy. I'm happy to tell them.
Speaker 2: So then they don't like me, because if I'm so honest and I hurt their feelings, They're not gonna like me, and that's doing them a service.
Speaker 1: So I never ghost. I'll tell you straight air.
Speaker 2: If I don't like you, and if I don't tell you that I don't like you, it means I like you anyway.
Speaker 1: I've got my hand up in the air because I'd like to ask the question.
Speaker 2: YEP.
Speaker 1: I want anyone who has dated Fruminda, anyone who has been had a casual talking situation. Anyone who has expressed interest in freeing at score Nowhere, Please let me know how she let you downswer Please let me know did she ghost you? I think she would have ghosted you. You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 2: For more, Tune in Deka on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.