Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I don't get embarrassed easily, guys. You guys know that. But I had the most embarrassing moment on the weekend. I went out to a party, which I also don't do often.
Speaker 3: Laura.
Speaker 1: I told Laura the story. She knows.
Speaker 2: Mitch, you don't know it, but you are actually there. So I was at this party of a mutual friend of ours, Mish, on Saturday night and it was packed, like it was this beautiful outdoor venue in Sydney, and it was a beautiful night and there were probably like, I don't know, seventy people on this deck, and there was champagne flowing, there was wine, there were like marga readers, and then there was some finger food. And now Mitch and I had turned up late to the party because traffic was bad. We hadn't eaten dinner, and we were absolutely famished. And I was like, it's fine, We're going to get to the party and there's going to be finger food.
Speaker 1: I'll eat that.
Speaker 2: And in my head I was like, I'll just smash the finger food because fingerfood at these lush places is always really elite.
Speaker 3: You always have to be at the front so that you can get the finger food when it comes out, because you want to be at the back otherwise it grows people by the time it gets to you.
Speaker 4: And it was packed venue, like we were all in there like Sardine's. There was not much room to move around. We're all shoulder to shoulder.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I was making sure I was keeping my eyes like on the entrance for when the fingerfood came out, because you know how you want to lock it in the eye, contacting with the waitress like.
Speaker 1: You want it.
Speaker 2: You want to give that eye like you know, yeah, I'd love some kind of thing come this way. So anyway, finally the food started to come out, and I saw the waitress come out with a plate in her hand and she sort of had it lifted a little bit because it was so full, like.
Speaker 1: She couldn't get us through the people.
Speaker 2: And I'd made eye contact with her and like sort of like did the big eye thing kind of thing, and then waved it down a little bit. Yeah, just eyes though not hands. I didn't waver her, just the eyes, so she knew. She knew. Anyway, she was making her way through the crowd and not many people were eating. I was like, brilliant, it's still going to be a full plate when she gets to me, and as she was walking past me, I saw that it was salt and pepperkalamari and I was like, oh, I love it.
Speaker 1: So I reached out grabbed a bit and I was like, thank you started to eat it.
Speaker 2: She gave me this, like not a very friendly look, and I turned around, and this is where I think you saw me. I turned around to Mitch and the others and I was like, wow, I was really rude. They're like what And I said, well, she must have heard that I thanked her because it was too loud, and she just gave me a really funny look and walked off.
Speaker 1: She didn't even offer you a serviette or anything else. She knows nothing.
Speaker 2: And I was like, and I probably if she didn't run away, I probably would have had another one, like I would have had a few. But she scurried off too quickly, and I was like, that's so rude. And then I turn around and I see her over on the other side of the room and she wasn't a waitress.
Speaker 1: She was sitting down eating the plate of saltn powper calamari that she had purchased for herself. At the bistro. So I know at this point.
Speaker 2: I literally stole a random stranger's food from their plate that they had just bought. And she didn't even work there.
Speaker 3: But this was your opportunity to go up and say to her and be like, I'm so sorry because she knew you took it. You knew you took it, like you all knew that situation. You so like, I feel as though you should have gone up to that point and being like, oh my god, I'm so sorry that was completely missed.
Speaker 1: And oh and what did you do? Brut I left the party. If she did, she just stubbled down.
Speaker 4: You came up to grab my arm stead we're doing one dance and we're going and I drove her home.
Speaker 1: What one dance?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: You guys just had one dance together? Sound like you out a waltz and then you got out of there as a dance.
Speaker 2: I was like, we need to go immediately. I was mortified. I did look at her across the room.
Speaker 1: Did your mouth I'm so sorry?
Speaker 2: No I didn't have to the mortification in my eyes, Like you, there are some things that words can't say, and words are not needed, and this moment, my eyes said at all.
Speaker 1: And she knew.
Speaker 4: She thinks she knew who you were as well, because.
Speaker 1: I I hope she does not know.
Speaker 2: But but I know that she knew what had happened because I wouldn't. People don't just steal their food and the way I like popped into my mouth.
Speaker 1: And I was like, she mustn't know anyway, I'm like, oh, I'm so hungry. Can I have some more? She just keeps walking like rude.
Speaker 4: Naomi's on thirteen one six five, Naomi, Hi, did this happen to you as well?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it has happened to me before, but I was the other receiver of the end. So I was doing my shopping the other day and I was about halfway done when somebody stole my trolley.
Speaker 3: Wait, they just started walking around the shops with your trolley it was full.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I was about halfway done when I was turned around to go get my cucumbers and turned back around, my trolley was gone. How far was it halfway done?
Speaker 3: I'm just imagining someone walking past looking at your trolley and being like, that's all about the stuff I need.
Speaker 1: She saves me fifteen minutes a day.
Speaker 4: I can shed some light on this because I've used to work at Carl's. I was the star employee, and we are trained. If you see a trolley that's full, you identify it, you give it fifteen minutes, and if it's still there fifteen minutes later, you there's someone's job that is to go grab it and put it all back, because they could be cold stock, they could be meat that's all perishable.
Speaker 1: You got a fact so serious? She just is getting a cucumber.
Speaker 2: She wasn't at the cucumber arena for fifteen minutes. Wait, did you go back down the aisles and investigate this?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Did you find the culprit that was pushing your trolley?
Speaker 5: I literally turned around for thirty seconds and it was gone. And then I was standing there like full on Travolter out of pulp fiction, just so confused. Second, did you find it?
Speaker 1: Did you go looking for?
Speaker 5: I stop seeing the lady leg it down the other end of the shop, So I think she realized, But she didn't just committed.
Speaker 1: Wait did she don't?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 1: She committed and she took the trolley?
Speaker 6: Yes, what did she purchase it?
Speaker 4: You on a punk show where their cameras rolling, Literally I.
Speaker 5: Had to do the awkward thing where you like go outside the shopping center, grab another trolley, restart it.
Speaker 3: Like that's not a thing to do that all right?
Speaker 1: Well, look see you you've inconvenient.
Speaker 6: I have a very It's also a very humiliating story to share, brit But look, I think it's very relatable and it has to do with what are your options when you find yourself in a public toilet and there is no toilet paper?
Speaker 1: Can I just say we've spoken about you on this shown guys.
Speaker 3: As a parent, I spend so much time in the public toilets.
Speaker 1: It's not funny. How was you guys weekend?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What does some public on the public toilets? Let me tell you about the toilets at the beach, the toilets at the park. It's a lot.
Speaker 4: Laura's got a new public toilet to discuss announcements.
Speaker 1: P t A on the pickup. We got it.