Speaker 1: Flex and Ferens i'n cater the flexen Frooms Big Icon Energy podcast recorded live It's Studios three oh one in Sydney. At this rate, we have beef with every community. But I feel like that is the spice of life. A little bit of conflicte keeps the blood flow up, cortisol levels slightly above average. But I think that works best for both of us real estate agents. Look, I don't want to be on your back, right, don't kick the little one when he's down, but unfortunately disappointed. Huh no, ignore me? Are you the little one?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Nah, someone else.
Speaker 1: Don't do that to your jobs. Sabe you're a big dog. But yeah, for me has been houseless, which I don't want to say we saw coming. But when you plan a euro trip and know that your lease is up before you get back, I feel like that was bound to happen.
Speaker 2: Hidrata and a high drama experience. I don't know, but it was worth it. Yeah, paid no rent in Europe, came back to a rental crisis. Wasn't saying that coming, but eventually becoming a better person one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: So here is the thing. I feel like we should all mass migrate to Hobart. I've started for us. There's something about going to live in a city where you haven't missed the boat on every opportunity ever, you know, like something about Sydney. I remember when I was in high school, my mom was like, oh my goodness, like, it's so hard to live, so hard to do this, hard to do this. You can't even buy things inexpensive anymore. I was trying to get a sausage roll the other day. I didn't even like sausage rolls. My earliest memory with one was when I had a sausage roll and pineapple chunks in primary school, came home vomited it up. Anyway, So I'm trying to like, I'm trying to eat more foods, like different types of food. Do I want to get a sausage roll as at the airport? Why is it eleven dollars?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, an airport sausage roll is never going.
Speaker 1: To really hit anyway. So that's neither here nor there, but it is plaguing my mind. What hasn't been, though, is your living situation, which unfortunately for me is not great but.
Speaker 2: Fortunately for you, is getting better. Anyway, let's speed it up, spice it up up. Next is a voice note from a friend explaining what another friend did potentially the worst pocket dial adjacent experience that I've heard of in recent times. But that's coming up next on the podcast Let's Go. I am currently in the process of looking for a house. As we know, here in Sydney there's a rental crisis. There's also a rental crisis all around Australia, but in the Sydney's Eastern Subway, where I have chosen.
Speaker 3: To live, it's particularly bad.
Speaker 2: You gotta pay a premium, and that premium happens to have gone up by twenty percent, and I'm a tired ass.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be spending my money on rent.
Speaker 3: I spend money on a mortgage. SIS is not there yet.
Speaker 2: However, I'm looking for a three bedroom house, which is particularly difficult.
Speaker 1: You don't really come across three bedroom houses. It's not in two bedrooms, one study type of thing. Yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: So a friend of mine went to that. I've got moving with two friends. A friend of mine went and looked at a house for us. But this other friend's going to tell the story.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool with me.
Speaker 4: So we've recently been looking for houses across the eastern suburbs of Sydney, and as you know, it's extremely competitive. So our game plan was to really butter up the real estate agents, like really schmooz them, be their best friend, like, be really friendly inspections because financially we aren't able to give them like two hundred dollars above the offer. So our friend she went to one of the inspections, first met the real estate agent like, had a really good like chat to him, and then was messaging him and send him a message saying looking forward to hearing back from you today. Had such a great time, loved the apartment, and then she went to message me, but messaged him again and said residential real estate agents are just the worst people.
Speaker 1: And then he.
Speaker 4: Replied, I suppose that Texas not meant for me?
Speaker 1: Or was it?
Speaker 4: Cheers.
Speaker 1: It's been a long time since I've been embarrassed, and that is so embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Residential real estate agents not the worst, the worst people. That is the craziest thing about I can't believe this actually happened. And in the time since, I have stopped looking with these two women only because the appearance of a three bedroom house in the eastern suburbs who are looking very grim.
Speaker 1: But I think they're in a bit.
Speaker 2: Of a pickle because now their names are on file for this very prestigious, very well known real estate. Like, if you were the guy and you've got a message like that, surely you put him on a blacklist?
Speaker 1: Is the blacklist real?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Like, anyone here a real estate agent?
Speaker 1: Are you honest? Be honest? Has anyone been blacklisted or has experience with someone who's been blacklisted? Oh? You have fives? Oh yeah, but you're not a real estate babe. I don't believe black Wow. Do you think it's like a really sophisticated scare tactic? If we're all assuming there's this like blacklist that we're all trying not to be on, and so we are on the side of caution, We're trying not to be like prickly or do anything so we don't get blacklisted. But there's this many people in a room, and we know how many people and nobody knows of anyone who's been blacklisted. Maybe it's fake.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think blacklisting exists, I just mean more in a real estate capacity, or.
Speaker 1: Like, what is a blacklist? Is it a physical list.
Speaker 2: Is there like a network of people putting them into a document.
Speaker 1: I mean this is assuming that to the real estate agent, your friend's names were that memorable.
Speaker 2: I mean it's pretty it's pretty funny, Like if you were him, you'd be screen showing it sending around you know, bella property or.
Speaker 1: You're the Rubenstein group.
Speaker 3: We should you Gavin on this segment.
Speaker 1: See what how you respond? I mean, I reckon, you'll be fine. To be honest, you might not be fine. I was. I saw a video that Domain posted a little like Tiki talking whatever, of seventy people lining up for seven hundred a week two bedroom. Generally that's not unusual, yep. I would never line like, if that's why people are going, it's done. You're not getting the apartment, just tap out. I know, but someone's gonna win it. I don't know about all that. To be fair, I feel like that story was worthwhile just to say it's been done before. Personally, I want all my interactions with my real estate. If I'm gonna have any kind of commotion, I want to be postly signing total I'm going ham I don't even care anymore. I feel like I've been like seamonged into being like, don't do this, don't say this. It's not charity work, especially renting in Sydney. You're gonna hear from me King.
Speaker 2: I'm very excited hopefully I've heard that there might be a tenant. You know how we have to give like good referra. We have to get referrals to be given a house. I think now there's talk about being getting well who are the people that win them.
Speaker 3: Or landlord landlord references?
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that TikTok mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But no, it's a thing.
Speaker 3: And there it was that comedian that started at what's his name?
Speaker 1: Tom?
Speaker 2: Do you dny when I'll see that TikTok or that comedian and be like, yeah, we need to get landlords giving references. I literally read an article that's like this actually might happen.
Speaker 1: But not to be devil's I'd recur. But even if there are landlord references, rent is still on in the position where even having that reference is going to make easier for them to find a place to live. Like the point remains that like it is like a systemic issue where houses are a commodity. Therefore people will never be able to fairly get you know what I'm saying. Yeah, I do. So put the pressure on your real estate agent. Why you're in a mutual agreement anyway? Were he If we're going to suffer, let's both suffer.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm calling up for the mold.
Speaker 2: I'm calling up for any little things, little ship on the wall, I'm calling.
Speaker 1: Then I'm like, the TAP's leaking, and they're like, did you check? No, you fix it?
Speaker 3: Anyway, that's on that well rapitch that guy.
Speaker 1: I honestly thought it's going to be a voice member from the real estate agent. You geat it up? Oh imagine that.
Speaker 2: I mean, was it worth a payoff for your paddler, Yeah, sympathy paddles.
Speaker 1: They would never do that, would never do that. If you are someone who is spending a lot of time on the Internet, you've definitely heard people speak about how social media is rotting our brains and our attention span is terrible, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. And as someone who is trying to not shame myself about enjoying the fruits of the Internet's labor, I've been thinking about, like, what is the big deal? Like, yes, let's say TikTok is rotting our brains? What will be saving them for? Do you know what I'm saying, Like, if that's not going to rute our brains, what do we need the full brain capacity to do? Yeah? Yeah, do you see what I'm saying? This is my thing. I just don't like that somehow we can take a bunch of like joyous things and then just like change them for a counter conversation devil's advocate narrative. And I'm a devil's advocate, so I get it. It's fun to idate about, like, well, like what's this different side of the story, But then we get to the point where we like shame and demonize fun things. I know there are heaps of people who are like, oh no, Like I definitely have a terrible relationship with my body because of social media, and I definitely have like you know, indoctrinated myself or internalized a lot of bad ideas. But for the vast majority, every day it brings you joy, access to your friends, access to broader ideas, lifestyles you would never have experienced before. And every day you come home talking about spraiunning my brain new slash. We weren't using it. Well, anyway, I don't know anyone before social media who was really challenging. I mean aside from the philosophers. And even then, like you really look at what philosophers were riding and it was just like thoughts, okay, what I was like, if a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears that didn't make a sound? Yeah, genius, be real, be for real? Do you know what I'm saying. So even before then, we weren't even doing much. And have you seen Limitless? Paddles up? Who's seen Limitless with Bradley Cooper? You got you know what? You know what action movies? Wow, tough crap. Anyway, Limitless is this movie, this action movie with Bradley Cooper, and he takes his pill that is meant to give him access to his full brain capacity. He takes this pill that takes him from about eight percent brain capacity, which is like average is what we all have, to the full one hundred and he's like, whoa, Like I'm seeing four dy five D, I smell, taste, I taste sense or whatever. And then so I was thinking about that and it's like by the end of the movie it was too much for him. He was like I don't need all of this, Like I'm a prisoner in my own simple man, literally, And so I'm thinking even with us, like we are so sure that without this thing that is rotting our brains that we weren't already gonna be rotted anyway, now we get pleasure out of it totally.
Speaker 2: Who feels I'm gotta be diplomatic about this, don't do that. Who feels that TikTok positively impects their life in a sense that even if it wasn't addictive, you would still love it?
Speaker 1: Wow? Okay.
Speaker 2: Who feels as if they've seen something really awful that they wish they didn't see on TikTok?
Speaker 1: Can you say what you saw? Just any ideas? Not traumaduant, But I'm curious, let's rephrase that for the real world. Yeah, who thinks that they have experienced joy from life paddles up?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who was experienced and they wouldn't want to experience in life?
Speaker 2: Up?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It was always going to happen, true, true, And I think it's such a cop out to attribute it all to an app that didn't come with a ruled book, didn't come with a guide book. Removing all of your agency to be like this app is the reason why or why not lazy.
Speaker 2: However, I will say TikTok is very interesting in showing you what your mind is doing at one point. Like let's say you feel really sad, but you haven't put your finger on it. The shit that TikTok is giving you is showing you what's actually wrong.
Speaker 3: Like I'll be like, do I feel bad? Do I not feel bad? And then I'll start getting all these like depression tiktoks.
Speaker 1: So that's a placebo.
Speaker 2: No I swear, I swear, and it comes to other instances. I want to talk about this more in depth in a different scenario, but if you've ever experienced disordered eating, sorry to go there.
Speaker 1: Trigger warning.
Speaker 2: There was a period in my life where it was bad, like a year ago. I would get so many eating disordered tiktoks, like people going through it, people talking about what they ate in a day, like it, to the point where I'm sure that the algorithm is doing it, Like there's absolutely no ifs and butts, because now I don't get any of that.
Speaker 3: I don't get any ed tiktoks.
Speaker 1: But how do you think an algorithm works?
Speaker 2: Well, it's still It's what I'm trying to say is like I didn't ask to see that content. I didn't actually actively seek it out. I would scroll past them, but they would still come up because it's looking at my face.
Speaker 3: Because Tiktoks sees your face.
Speaker 1: It definitely does track your eye movements though, so it can see when you're enjoying stuff. I still love it.
Speaker 2: I'm still on the top twisted, but just saying, can you see what it does in ten years?
Speaker 1: I'm a fearmonger. I'll say nothing more. Big icon energy.
Speaker 2: So something that I've noticed with FLEXI lately is her lexicon changing and shifting.
Speaker 1: Flex and I spend.
Speaker 2: Quite a lot of time together just talking pretty much just in a radio based capacity, Like we don't really share that many thoughts outside of the studio. We keep them to ourselves and then we dump them in the studio and we go on and live our lives. Let's tell creative integrity, work life balance. But someone that I've noticed flex do lately, it started last week.
Speaker 1: She's coming into the.
Speaker 2: Office three weeks, but we'll take and she comes in using a very particular vernacular that I've only ever heard in high school, with a certain demographic footy lads. Flex has started speaking like a footy lad.
Speaker 3: It started out with.
Speaker 2: A phrase that I think we started using a few months ago.
Speaker 3: But you've just picked it up with steam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that is getting near it? Correct? You put your paddle up?
Speaker 3: If you know what that means?
Speaker 1: Getting near it? Anyone? Yeah? Can I ask you what you think it means?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: There close? Anyone else? Come on? Someone screaming out?
Speaker 3: What's getting near it?
Speaker 1: Yes? My god?
Speaker 2: The man in sitting in the back of the room with glasses on in a tracksuit.
Speaker 1: Who is that? I would also say, but I would all say to be fair, it has a broad range of meetings. Like if I'm saying something's cooked, what do you think cooked means?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Cool? Exactly? Is it cool? Is it crazy? Is it uncomfortable? Is it weird? It's all of it. Getting near it is specifically sexy. No, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Getting near it? Well, what did I say this sort of say?
Speaker 2: There is a very particular vernacular that he's been created in charge rooms, in footy boys, old boys, footy boys, in school AFL rooms. You see it when they do the live telecasts.
Speaker 3: Getting near it?
Speaker 2: What are some others salad you know what that means. I don't tossing salad the hair in your head like you've got a rough salad, or you got a rough lid.
Speaker 1: That means you're ugly.
Speaker 3: Oh what else have I got here? Day for it?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, day for it?
Speaker 2: Clack class, fun, punching, cutting grass, and a bit of alright, what I've noticed a lot of these are very sex oriented.
Speaker 1: I mean, for you, I just think, Okay, so here's my thing, Like I'm area's thinking about language. And I spoke before about how, like my greatest thing, like my life, ick, the thing that really like frustrates me, is misunderstood, And I was thinking about how much time I spent trying to find the perfect words and the perfect verbiage to perfectly communicate whatever. It's all just a leaders and boring. I just want to use all the words. And I often find that, like you've said, you've attributed this type of language to the type of person. It's so exclusionary, and I feel like that's the issue with how people approach language generally, is like, if you speak a certain way, then you must be this person, and therefore we only allow you to like see the world through that particular lens, and I just don't like it because I feel like it's doing the opposite of what language should do, which is unite and connect and bridge the gap in understanding. And so now when I see language, I just like incorporate it in hopes that it gives me the kind of understanding to talk to more people or to make people more comfortable with speaking to me.
Speaker 3: Interesting, so we're appealing to a new audience.
Speaker 1: Are you regrets it's generally in life. I just I would hate the idea of someone being like, oh, I can't speak to her or speak with her because I can. She's like she's giving me a vibe that says that she wouldn't understand me, or like she wouldn't allow for this type of conversation. But you can all stay. I'll determine it after you've spoken, not Throst and Block, but you know what it is, Footy Boy.
Speaker 2: Inclusion is very, very important at the Flex and Froom show.
Speaker 1: But there's also something about we were speaking about it earlier. You know, like when you're in high school, you learn how to use a billion words to say nothing like essay approach, like in order to unpack the thing of the word it's okay too much, and then you might overcorrect and not know how to articulate yourself because you want to oversimplify everything. Everything's a vibe, you know. Yeah, everything's vibe. It's vibes, you know, and it's like, okay, so, but what does that mean. I'm trying to find the way to like do all of it, you know, use as many words or as little words and still have as like validating the connection with people and it's fun.
Speaker 2: And just before we head onto the next break, I was having a comes with someone the other day. What did we used to say before he said sleigh? Yeah, people just say, oh, slay, slay, slay to anything. Does anyone remember I swear there was a word before Literally it's the slay sligh.
Speaker 1: No, I don't say sleigh that much.
Speaker 2: Put your paddle up sleigh swag Yeah maybe No, who said swag swaggy swaggy? I would have said that's hot, but I just didn't graduate from Paris Hilton. Anyway, if you come up with what we said before slay, please see me.
Speaker 1: It's plaguing my brother. Nah vie stay sick. Vibe is less new than slay right.
Speaker 3: Oh, love it, love it.
Speaker 6: And then before Vibe there was mint No yes, yes, yes, yes, thank you, but that was.
Speaker 1: So long ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's what I mean. That was yes, Vibe slay.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's there's a few things in between anything else. Period. It was period on fleek. It was on fleek.
Speaker 3: We're gonna rile these down the break. Yeah, this is why I love a period. That's why I love a last shooting audience FLEXI.
Speaker 1: Yeah, literally, because you couldn't google that knowledge in the brain. This is community. My dms were a scary place a couple of weeks ago. Do you remember that when people thought I was living in a dungeon?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that hit different.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to be good about my privacy, and now everyone thinks I'm a gremlin troll. But every now and then, when I go through my dms, I like to do some screenshots, mine some data, see what the vibes are, but also see what conversations are happening outside of what we do, because as someone who's been chatting publicly for ten years, I feel like I've talked about everything so much so that the conversations I want to have are not coherent. The conversation I want to have is if all of a sudden this room started flooding and all the doors were locked, what would we do? But you know where am I placing that?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: Where does it start? Exactly? I digress. It's all about blocking. Apparently that's what people want to know if we should do anyway. This person says, hey, flex, I need to know if you're a blocker.
Speaker 3: Wait is she in the audience?
Speaker 1: Now he's not here. This person needs to know if I'm a blocker? Off top, hands up? If blocking is the acceptable way to respond to communication, paddles up. Please, this is not enough. You guys need to protect your energy. This person wants to know what they should do. And I'm very intrigued because I often find whenever we're answering any kind of listener dilemma, my approach is always feral and direct, and your approach is considered and it's giving cute indirect Yeah, like consideredly indirect. But listen to this. This guy used to see very casually over four years ago. Likes to message me every now and then. They always come back, don't they. He was way more into me than I was into him. Naturally, and he was pretty devo when we broke it off, despite having only been on two dates.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't go as far as to say he's a pest, but he messages me every couple of months or so, which is annoying. The messages are also weird, like I saw you walking the other day and you're looking good lately. To stop that king? That one's quite nice, is it not?
Speaker 2: No, I would be calling the police, calling the police station, police.
Speaker 1: She's gonna talk to the police.
Speaker 3: I'm walking into the screenshot. I need witness protection.
Speaker 1: This person says I'm a boyfriend now and he knows about the situation, but has never requested a block or anything, most likely due to complete just complete disinterest. I feel kind of weirded out by the fact that he can see my picks, comments, likes, hence my contemplation of a block. However, he is the type of guy that would message me on another platform to ask why I blocked him. On top of that, there is the potential that I would run into him somewhere he would confront me about it. I also don't want to give him the satisfaction of the block, like I care enough to block him, Oh, one hundred percent chance. I'm overthinking this, but interested to know what you would do, because I value your opinions quite highly through me. This is why I just block, Like I just don't feel like it's that deep. And maybe that's because I'm interacting with people that I don't know quite well. So it's like, this is my family friend from three years ago. I'm going to block them. But I often feel like it's very odd to me how much room we make for people who are encroaching on our personal safety and comfort, you know what I'm saying, like or that we have over enthused how difficult it would be to just make the decision and see what happens after, Like this person is paralyzed by the fear that if I do block this person that maybe I'll run into them, or maybe they'll contact me on another platform, or maybe I'll do this or that, And it's like, what's happening now is that they're annoying on this platform, So how do we fix that.
Speaker 2: I'm of the opinion that the only reason why you don't block old flames if they're annoying you is if you want to stroke your own ego.
Speaker 1: Paddles up if you agree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on, put your laters, put your.
Speaker 2: Paws up, put your browser because you're okay, so okay, okay, So yeah, I believe like it's always nice having the one person that you know they'm we're gonna get over you, and you.
Speaker 1: Know, I just kind of you see my new hair or on you see my new job? Yep, look at me. I'm on a post.
Speaker 2: Now, are you wondering could have been? I could have been your ride and die that you let me go. So to clarify you, I don't think he listens to this.
Speaker 1: You're saying that one of the few reasons why you wouldn't block someone who is acting this way is because you want the validation of them seeing you. If you don't agree with that, please yell. What are the other reasons why you wouldn't block someone? Seriously, you can.
Speaker 3: Just mute them?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yep, yep, I like that. Anything else? Why else? Something? Just blocking? I need to understand in case they get hotter because I'm looking back. I'm not not interacting, but I'm watching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like to be able to go back and look at them.
Speaker 1: I think it's very simple. I think everyone sho just start blocking. It's truly so fun. But also there's something about and what we don't consider enough is like emotional energy very finite. You know, the amount of emotional energy you can give to something before you're depleted. For yourself and the things you want, you got like six bad conversations a week before you're knocked out. Now he's taking up two three four shame.
Speaker 3: I reckon.
Speaker 1: She secretly loves it. That's just me. Today we're talking about icons, which like I'm very fascinated by because I feel like people aren't seeing it the way we're seeing it. Like I wonder if people can really truly conceptualize, like we have created icons out of mere mortals, regular people who do regular things, and we're like, no, they're special.
Speaker 3: I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: Newflix disrecording the Ring right now.
Speaker 2: Just to paint your picture. We're on like a slightly elevated stage. There's studio lighting occurring, got cameras on either side. We even got cameras on the audience. You're looking slay today, so that's the best thing. And the people in the audience you were invited, I'm quite sure, and I think we've got some influencers in the audience.
Speaker 1: Don't worry.
Speaker 2: I won't dox anyone, though I do say season familiar faces.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about whether.
Speaker 3: Or not influencers are icons.
Speaker 2: Just that simple sentence, our influences icons paddles up, It happens, it's creeps up slowly. May I ask you, why do you think influencers are icons?
Speaker 5: I was just thinking about, like all the TikTok is that I watch and I just like love them, and I think that they've actually influenced my daily life.
Speaker 1: I say, Gorgina, and that's because of a TikTok Regina.
Speaker 5: It is like so ingrained in my daily life now, So that's psychoonic.
Speaker 1: Would it help if I read out the definition? I do love a definition, okay, shout out to Oxford Webster's as well. A person or thing regarded as a representative symbol or a person or thing that is worthy of veneration. Veneration is like praise, adoration with you. So, by that definition, are influences icons, yes or no? Paddles up or down?
Speaker 3: I mean, does it change anything with that definition?
Speaker 1: Well, it depends. I feel like sometimes people don't know words mean things. You know, we just say some stuff and then we get confused in the mix or whatever. What do you reckon?
Speaker 2: I think the earliest influencers are icons because they were influencers when the term influencing was a dirty word.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's not a dirty word now? Nah? I think that.
Speaker 3: Do you think influencer is a dirty word?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Put your paddle up? Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, sometimes the paddles go.
Speaker 2: Other times they're like whoa, that was like it whoo, which is interesting given the location we're with the people with.
Speaker 1: If you compare it, I think if you compare it to like, is artist a dirty word? You're like, no, you know, is musician a dirty word? Is like lawyer a dirty word? Lawyer's pushing the boundaries? Yeah, but but like in a neutral sense. If someone's like I'm a lawyer and like oh, you're like, oh, okay, I'm an influencer, people are like oh noah, no, no, no, no no. The narrative starts getting painted and it's like Olive Green and rancid.
Speaker 2: Does anyone have an idea for why they think influencer is a dirty word?
Speaker 1: Anyone want to incriminate themselves?
Speaker 7: I just think sometimes when you say influencer, especially like what you said about being a dirty word in the past. It's also environmental, like where you grow up, so you grow up. Lucky for me, I'm surrounded by a lot of content, creative friends or influence friends. But if you go to a certain demographic and you're like, oh, I'm an influencer, they're just like, you're all about yourself and that's not a real job kind of thing. And I think that people kind of it's got a bit of a stigma to it. And I think that's why, you know, totally, so.
Speaker 2: You think it's like imposed on the influencer that it's a dirty word, but they themselves shouldn't feel like it's a dirty word.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't know, Like, wait, what was the question?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I this point, all I say is I.
Speaker 2: Probably used to think influencers was a dirty word. Personally, I don't anymore. Seriously, I'm starting to think, well, well, okay, do you consider flex an influencer.
Speaker 1: You're gonna put the paddles up, come on out, you did you? Look, I don't want to offend her, so you see you did it. It's true.
Speaker 2: We didn't print him out for no reason. This was funny, this was eating into the budget. Do I think influencers are icons?
Speaker 3: I can name a few.
Speaker 2: Kirk Coleman, put you put your paws up for Kirk Colemin. Guys, regardless of what I asked, just put him up. I think that Kirk Coleman is the absolute pinnacle of iconic because he was an influencer before it was a thing, Like he was an influencer on Facebook.
Speaker 3: So many people made fun of him.
Speaker 2: He was the butt of so many jokes, and yet he always had his slogan of like purf like Kurt, that's hot, I'm hot. And it's not until today's day and age where like taking potos of yourself and being in love with yourself even if it's facetious is celebrated, Whereas back then when he did it, we weren't in that culture.
Speaker 1: Yet we're in the culture of like playing.
Speaker 2: Down your hotness or like like I don't know that I'm hot, whereas now I think we we're all being Kirk commons, and so I think he's an icon.
Speaker 1: But maybe that's the point, if we're all icons. I thought part of I mean that definition didn't go into a lot of depth. But I always assume part of icon status is to be revered way past your time, do you know what I mean? And I think that like back when I don't know, Liberaci was doing his thing, and like Napoleon or whatever, I don't think at the time they were revered as icons. They weren't. They were social pariahs and lepers and people that were Seraci was in a way, but not in the way now. And everyone looks back and it's like, oh my god, icon Nick, because we can see the way that you impacted time is like so far greater than what you were able to realize at the time. Our influence as icons? You think, Well, I don't think influencers are icons. Like that's not the question, do you know what I mean? Like, broadly speaking, do influencers have the capacity to be iconic? Probably, But like I feel like some of the greatest, like most influence people in the whole wide world still aren't regarded as icons. So why would we divvy it out to someone who, on a small scale probably isn't changing the face of the world as we know it.
Speaker 3: They quick, wow, big icon energy.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the flex and frooms, Big icon Energy Podcast. For more, tune in the KDO and DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio radio