Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Why from Richmond Gold one four point three HQ is Melbourne, Australia broadcasting to the world.
Speaker 3: Are Christian? I could have just had a cuddler if it led somewhere else, I'm fine with that.
Speaker 4: Oh I did not love Disneyland show.
Speaker 5: I'm the buff mama.
Speaker 3: That's us now, which is well, looky, looky, looky. I know you're headed to bris Vegas, but it feels like in the studio right now in Richmond. Bris Vegas is here in the shape and form of mister Jack Posts.
Speaker 4: I do either look a bit different today?
Speaker 3: You look so different the golden glow. Have you been on holiday?
Speaker 4: I have not been on holiday. Hawaii all fake, but doesn't it look good?
Speaker 3: I told you the golden glow.
Speaker 5: Look at the gun.
Speaker 3: It gives you extra a muscle definition. You look like this nice golden glow.
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Do you feel good?
Speaker 4: I do? And I hate to say it, because you know, it is stupid that me and women worry about this kind of stuff. Sprayce and paint on you to make you look better. But there's no denying that you look in the mirror and you go, I look good.
Speaker 3: You did you have two coats?
Speaker 4: She went, two coats, doubled up.
Speaker 3: You needed two coats?
Speaker 4: Well I didn't need it, but she just offered no extra cost.
Speaker 3: And you have to put the little male g string on. Yep, yes, quite quite something, that isn't it.
Speaker 4: Well it's quite almost nothing, actually, which is the problem.
Speaker 3: It's a strange, kind of very flimsy hammock. Isn't it that you have no confidence is going to stay in I.
Speaker 4: Just really didn't want to turn around when she said, and now you have to turn around. There's nothing blocking.
Speaker 3: Note women have been doing this stuff for years. So and Bianka did the same thing.
Speaker 4: She did the same thing. That's what made it. That's what made it way less weird. I would have felt very vulnerable in there, except we were both there giggling.
Speaker 3: And so you went around the lady's house. She's got that look like the the pop up tent that the spraytan people have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's converted her the front room of her house into a spray tan booth.
Speaker 3: What do you mean she's converted? I mean I think it's just a she has it there during the days it away. It's not that what The kids are watching TV in the evening and there's strange duds coming around getting their ass out and she's spraying.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you this is not a set up.
Speaker 3: This is a spray TND shot.
Speaker 4: I promise you, this is not a setup and packed down situation.
Speaker 3: The room is it got like family photos of her life and then you're there naked.
Speaker 4: The room is bronze essentially because of the year's human beings.
Speaker 3: It's just absolutely spla also shot.
Speaker 4: The years of mist in that room has painted the whole, the windows, the cupboards, the mantlepiece, the fireplace is bronzed.
Speaker 5: She has an exhaust fan in there, wouldn't she?
Speaker 4: No, No, it's an old it's an old terrace house, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And did you find there's a funny smell there is like a potato Yeah, what is it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: But my die actually did. She always runs up whenever we come inside, runs up to the door and jumps all over us. She couldn't trust me.
Speaker 3: Yes, you said you also took Luna to get a spray tawn. How did I miss out? You know, it's funny to talk about the spray tam because obviously we've been talking about on the show, and you would offered the sales team offered you and your wife a client that was going to do it for free.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, I'll just re explain. Yank has said that the the.
Speaker 3: He's just taking his sunglasses on. And the reason why there's now a little bit of tension is because Jack has always buggered off. After the show yesterday and as I was trying to untangle myself and get out the door, I was doorsteps, you know, in that corridor out here.
Speaker 4: I hate that corridor.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm told you, I need like one of those Fireman's poll after show to get out of here. Right. Whenever I try and cross that canyon no man's land, they always grabbed me, salespeople, management, and they're because I'm vulnerable there. It's a long long walk and I got doorsteps, like, hey, listen, we need to talk. There's an issue with the sales team the spray tank client, and Jack and I went cool Jack, Cool Jack. We need to speak to you. You're going to have to do and make good.
Speaker 4: On today's show. We did say anything.
Speaker 3: No we no, we no, we own it.
Speaker 4: Yesterday we got answered.
Speaker 3: You need to prepare your cake, because I've got a chain of emails and text here board you're confirming that you wanted the spray Tann. I've got it on text here from an anonymous team member aka Blake. After this, we're getting to tang Gate. Prepare your defense right now, Jack post. The good news for people listening right now is I now have to give away a spray Tann on today's show. I'm not joking.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So two days ago on the show, Jack was talking about him and his wife want to get spray ton after that day's show. This was Wednesday. I catched him sneaking around Okay chat to one of the team members, Blake, that had a phone call excitedly from a client and advertiser of this station who owns a few tanning salons for excited. They love. It's very kind of them love to offer they've got to give Jack and his wife a complimentary a free spray tan You were enthusiastic and took them up on the off.
Speaker 4: It was a lovely offer and so at the time I thought, great, Biank is going to be psyched with this. We can save forty bucks each on our spray tan by getting a free one. Then she said, no, you don't. What you don't understand is the lady we're going to. She is the best in Melbourne. She is better than any other spray tanner. We have to go to her. You can go to the free one if you want, but I'm going to the best lady. We end up both going to the best lady. So I said, look, Blake, thank you and thank you to your client for their interest in giving me.
Speaker 3: When did you say that that's the problem we have? Is that is absolute bs, You never said any of that. I've got it. I've got the chain of text here between you and Blake, which I asked him to forward onto me. And you know he's already gunning for your job. He sent me in other message last night, happy to come in the morning and walk Jack out of the building and then replace it. Well, you've just made a lot bigger because I've got these texts here, him texting you throughout the day. Do you definitely want to do this? A thumbs up emoji, even saying you prefer have it done at Fairfield. See I'm onto you, right, now, yep, we'd definitely like to do that great okay time Yesterday they hear the show, they're excited. They told everyone Jack Posts Radio's Jack Post instastar is coming in. I know he's not. They just hear him casually sell on the radio. He can't be bothered. Hence they then get a phone called going, hey, we've arranged for this. They put the time in that he wanted, They've got people ready to do it, and we didn't hear anything just on the radio show. We feel a bit let down here. They're upset.
Speaker 4: Up until Wednesday night, I was going to get the free fake ten. Then Thursday morning Bianca told me, hey, we got to go to the original lady. So I came in here. You can't call at six am in the morning, Hey, Whatt's.
Speaker 3: And now your pa service. The listeners are meant to hear the show and call the Tan place up. Well, this is what this is the situation I've been placed into. Now today.
Speaker 2: Christian oh Connell cleans up a massive massage between Jackposts and the sales team fifty.
Speaker 3: Two now because because there could people at Brazilian bar.
Speaker 4: We don't have to do this.
Speaker 3: I do because you didn't say no, we never but we never even said we take the way out of this Brazilian butterfly in now, if you like a Jack's spray tanning session that he pulled out of yesterday rudely without letting them know. If you would love a Brazilian butterfly, and let's be honest, if you're going to get a spray Tann, Hey Patsy on Brazilian butterfly the very best in Melbourne.
Speaker 5: They are I do go to them at Werre arebe do you there you go?
Speaker 3: They're great, happy customer.
Speaker 4: Okay, this sounds almost rehearsed between.
Speaker 6: The two, not at all, sadly not. It's any time we have a dovetail together. The other stuff should be rehearsed like this, okay called in now. If you like Jay's Jack's spray Tann, give us a call nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 3: Would you like a free spray Cann nine four one four one oh four three a Brazilian butterfly?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Jack posters put the show in a dangerous situation and needs your help. He had agreed to take a complimentary spray Tann from Brazilian Butterfly, and he didn't bother going yesterday. So Brazilian Butterfly a little bit upset, and so I'm now giving away a compliment entry spray Tann basically to cover the one that Jack should have had yesterday. If you would like Jack spraytan, And it can only go to a guy as well, because they got the equipment ready just from Man today.
Speaker 4: And that mail g string ready to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So if you are a guy who love a spray tann, never had one before, maybe give us a call now nine one four.
Speaker 1: Three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: You know, we've been listening to the focus groups and the feedback of want one more of here on God one oh four point three and it is fake Tan's.
Speaker 2: Christian oh connall cleans up a massive message between Jack Post and the sales team Part one hundred and fifty two.
Speaker 4: Thank you as well for using your platform.
Speaker 3: Particularly up your mess over a fake tan. So basically we're giving away the spray town that Jack was supposed to go to yesterday. He never lets the poor people at Brazilian Butterfly actually know I wasn't coming along, So we're going to give it away now?
Speaker 4: Why did if they had, sorry, if they had to listen to the show yesterday, they would have known that I.
Speaker 5: Said an official sauce Jack, Thanks, Pat.
Speaker 3: So you now just think you can say yes and then let people down just by listening to the show.
Speaker 4: Well, a true client if they really love the show.
Speaker 3: A true client.
Speaker 2: Christian oh Conall cleans up on massive massage.
Speaker 3: That'd be another one Monday.
Speaker 2: Between Jack Post and the sales.
Speaker 3: Team fifty two fifty three. Now tell you one thing about Brazilian Butterfly. Don't they do a great tan, Patsy?
Speaker 5: They do beautiful and even just what you want?
Speaker 3: You out, Jack, that's what you want? You want an evil one? How many times you've seen a lopsided spray town? You know that's someone's blood. That's blog you want? Didn't go to Brazilian Butterfly. All right, let's go to lines Peter, Good morning, Hi Christian, I'm pretty good mate. You after a spray tam Pete?
Speaker 7: Yes, I am mate?
Speaker 3: Yes, ever had one before? Fancy giving it a girl? What's the deal?
Speaker 8: No, I've never had one.
Speaker 7: I've put on the one you do yourself a couple of times, but they come on and even you feel a bit unbalanced as.
Speaker 3: You say, Yeah, it'd be good.
Speaker 4: Sid it's blotchy, a little.
Speaker 8: Bit one sided.
Speaker 7: It'd be good to get a professional one.
Speaker 3: That's it. Did you do the one with the old that kind of that's like oven glove, you get with it in the packet, you any smear it on?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's exactly the one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've done that before. Right, and you forget to do you got the hamstrings and you leave your house and kids to go. You've got these big your thighs. It's a really good look for a guy, Peter, it might be you stay there. Let's go to Dale as well. Deal Good morning, Yeah, good morning, Christian. Deal tell us then you fancy a spray Tann? You fancy a spray Tann dew?
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, I'm just abare to go the gold go So I'd love one.
Speaker 3: Perfect. What do you do for a living?
Speaker 10: I'm a truck driver?
Speaker 3: Right, well, now you can be a golden truck driver. Okay, we'll give you the Brazilian butterfly. You can have the Jack spray tanner Can beautiful.
Speaker 9: Thank you all right, buddy.
Speaker 1: Enjoy the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Where is Bob's header? Every Friday week listener Bob on the phone every morning, every single morning he wakes up, he's got a brand new earworm, a song in his head. On a Friday, we turn into a game. He goes you the clues to what the song is your phone in ninety four one one four three, try and guess the song that's in his head. I'll tell you one thing every single week. So is it good song? The man's got good musical tastes. Let's find out what the song is today. Good morning Bob, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 8: That's very kind of you to say I have good musical taste. Just quickly. I'm from Beckus Marsh, my friend. I heard you on Wednesday, and Becus Marsh is named after Captain William Henry Beckett, so it's not original at all.
Speaker 3: That's we's got a historical facts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we thought it might also be named after wine. We were wrong.
Speaker 8: Well, well, Becus just the god of wine and parties, and I think we have a few of those in backus muss.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, thank you for clearing out bind I hate the thought of our two correspondents. Day you found Bob falling out over pedantry. But list you got a chance you to clear it up now, all right?
Speaker 8: So well, yes, no, there was no no pedantry. I'll just do what i'd hop out a little bit.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Bob.
Speaker 8: Sorry, mate. Today's music is from nineteen seventy six. It's a very long title. And this can be related to SETI and to a movie called The Day They Stood Still.
Speaker 3: There we go tell you what you foxed us here in the studio. We're writing all this down. It's cryptic, it's deep, Bob. The clues again, please.
Speaker 8: Okay, can be related to SETI and Betty Jet their initials.
Speaker 4: What's what?
Speaker 8: Well do you have to figure that out?
Speaker 9: That's that's the clue.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 8: And by the way, jack stop digging, mate, you're you're in a hole.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this guy's it's all buried in a big hole for the client's advertiser.
Speaker 8: Can be related to the movie The Day the stwood still.
Speaker 3: Can be related. Yes, all right, so that's it is that these are all clues to the title.
Speaker 8: Well, no, Checkey is the clue to the title and the name of the band related to the Day of the Youth Towood.
Speaker 3: Still gotcha, Bob? Okay, so I'm probably guilty of a little bit of digging myself now, all right, Bob, stay there, we'll come back in a minute, mate. All right, anyone got any ideas There is a big question mark over my head right now. So you're sharper than us if you can work out the song, give us a call. Nine four one four no fourth three in Jack stop digging the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Where is Bob's head at today? He has already stumped everyone this morning, Bob.
Speaker 8: I'm still here, mate.
Speaker 3: Bob, Bob, I tell you you've got them with this one today. It's a tough one this morning for everyone. The clues again to this song that's in your head?
Speaker 8: Okay. The song title can be related to Schetty and the name of the band related to the movie The Day the Earth st would Still.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to Alex. Alex. Good morning, Alex, I'm here, Alex. What I mate? So what do you think the song is? It's in Bob's head this morning.
Speaker 9: The song that's in Bob's head is calling Occupants from Interploymentary Craft by a band called Cloud two.
Speaker 3: Wow, wee great guess, great guess. So I thought might be the Carpetter's one, but it took me a while together. But that is awesome skills, Alex. How did you get it?
Speaker 9: It's just the clues and I also remember that you know it's from the day They Stood Still, and yeah, that's that's what gover to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know the Carpenter's song obviously, but I thought the Carpetis did the original song calling occupants of interplanetary craft. But so Alex has guessed it.
Speaker 8: He has. Indeed, well done, Alex. I'm going to award you with three pointer.
Speaker 9: Ge appreciate.
Speaker 3: That's a great way to start your weekend with a three pointer to Alex. So that's good. You got that on your side of it. So break it down for us, Bob Setti the I believe the Search for Extial Terrestrial Intelligence set up by was it Carl Sagan?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, And that's a program that's been running where they are listening for any any anything from the universe that might be known, that might be a code or something that proves that there is intelligent life out there. And Clardy was the name of the robots, the alien robot that landed on the Earth in the movie of the Day.
Speaker 9: The Esta would still.
Speaker 3: That is meta. I mean we had no idea. Seriously, normally, Bob, with your clues get we get like ten lines. Only one person, Alex called in with it, which is incredible that you managed to guess it. I've never heard of this version, but this is the song we're talking about. I'm familiar obviously with the Carpenter's one. So was the Carpenter's a cover version?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it is. They picked it up a year later.
Speaker 3: Bob's knowledge is deep. It's not just Back as Marsh, the origins of Back as Marsh. It's now on about this song as well, like.
Speaker 4: Clark too, who we're giving away tickets to next week tickets.
Speaker 3: He's he's back everyone, He's back in the room. And Bob tell me this, right, we've played the game every Friday. Where's Bob. Bob's head out and it's the song that's your ear on? What's that really? The song you wake up? The sawning? It's Friday, you head into a weekend, that song dropped into your head.
Speaker 8: It's there when I wake up. So's it's a little bit of a rush for me because I've got to try and think, you know, I have clues. I've got to Sometimes I'm not even sure what the song is that has happened to me a few times, not on a Friday, but sometimes I've got a song a near worm in my head, and I got what is that song?
Speaker 3: And I wrote the next time that happens outside of your weekly on a Friday, please call us. The line is always open for you, Bob Okay, Monday to Friday.
Speaker 8: All right, let me leave you with one last thing, please. The song you played before you called me, or before we gave my clues, the Final Countdown is apparently the most the favorite song to be played at funerals, Is that right?
Speaker 3: I thought that was My Way by Frank Sinatra.
Speaker 8: Well, I I came across that information a few about two months ago. I just I forget where I read it, but I did, and apparently it's here in Australia at least it's it's the favorite song to be played at journals.
Speaker 7: Then you can see why Okay, this.
Speaker 3: Standards right in the phrase, it's obvious. Bobby boy, you're on fire today. Thank you very much. A good weekend.
Speaker 8: Bye, have a good week bye bye.
Speaker 1: Now The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Time for knockoff Friday. Let's get straight into your weekend. The atmosphere in the studio today e let drink Jack is dressed for him. Let's think he's going to Hawaii or he's won the Tat's Lotto. You know when they do the press conference, there's some bogan that's won it. He looks very he's got a Hawaiian shirt and he's got the spray tann You're looking good. He've got the sunglasses. You do look like you actually going. I know you're going to Brisbane for the weekend, but are you coming back Monday?
Speaker 4: Here we go, I'm coming back.
Speaker 3: You come.
Speaker 4: I just caught a reflection of myself and I kind of look like eighth Ventura Patsy.
Speaker 3: You also flying up today. You've got your dress, everything's.
Speaker 5: Ready, everything's ready to go.
Speaker 3: You've also gone for My wife does this when she's flying away. She has a flight outfit. Let me, see did you ask Chris last night? But two or three different options. My wife has a flight outfit and then she goes She goes to me, do you need some help knowing what yoga? But I went black jeans or gray jeans and a black or great T shirt. That's my standard flight outfit slash every day outfit. But my wife gets very stressed about.
Speaker 4: So what do you go? Is flight outfit about comfort or about style?
Speaker 3: Both fifty fifty comfortable style And as soon as she came in, she's got yoga pants on. Pats looks different. Pats is always very very smart, well dressed. She it's always very well dressed, always smart, well put together. Well, can I say this accessorized as well? It all works today. You've got hot No no, no, you're you're casual. But it's with an attitude as well. Oh she's got sass. That's what she's got today. Have you seen how she's rocking it today?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Very cool? Tell us about the dress then, it's huge.
Speaker 5: It's massive. It's like in a big human body bag.
Speaker 3: It does look like one of those body bags.
Speaker 4: Have you seen the size? You got frills and stuff on.
Speaker 3: It, It's like a fish toowe. What are you going as a mermaid?
Speaker 5: And it's very very heavy. Why it's made out of that?
Speaker 3: It's a new thing, this Tuba Fasil producer the material on the proviso that we weren't to know. I brand did the right thing, told me the moment I came into would scoop and dive in this.
Speaker 5: Week into a big vat of champagne?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, it's really really heavy and we had.
Speaker 4: Materials heavy. Unless it's the tank.
Speaker 11: Metal, you come and pick it up. It is really I don't know how many ques.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think that's what they call it.
Speaker 4: So your waterproof?
Speaker 5: Well yeah, I must be, mustn't I?
Speaker 3: Why near prene is that the.
Speaker 5: It's all the rage and hot?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Probably? It sits really well on your body and it sucks you in a bit.
Speaker 3: Do we need to start getting near Breen suits? Then?
Speaker 5: Oh, that would be good.
Speaker 4: That actually would be cool. And now it's something that you can go swimming in. It's a full three bond James Bond.
Speaker 3: There must have a movie. We just got out the water in a beautiful tuxedo. It's a Near Breen suit. So are you taking this as a carry on? I'm not getting wired about it getting increased.
Speaker 5: Well, no, it does increase. That's the beauty of it.
Speaker 11: But I might have had words with the husband last night at about ten thirty because he's late for you, because he insisted that I check it in, put it in a case and check it in.
Speaker 5: He'sinner, said no, because, knowing my life, it'll go missing.
Speaker 3: Get that.
Speaker 5: So I think I'm going to have to pay extra.
Speaker 4: Gett an extra to seat just for the dress.
Speaker 3: Straight over a seat. Why don't you swear it on? I wou'd just do that and they would go cut That woman really dresses up to fly tiger hair.
Speaker 8: I got it.
Speaker 5: Putting on the shoulder.
Speaker 4: I'd knock out the person next, and then if the flight crashes into the ocean, you can float.
Speaker 3: She's a nervous passenger. Week you're talking about it's a dress and a flotation device. Away, all right, then give us a call. This is how knock off Friday works. By the way, we've drifted totally from knock off Friday, said knock off Friday. We've been talking about Patsy's near pre wetsuit dress. All right, knock off Friday. You simply called us up this morning right now nine four one four one four three? What time are you beginning your weekend? Because it all begins when you leave work and you knock off. We always ask each other this on a Friday, don't we? What time you knocking off today? So what time are you knocking off the day? Give us a call and tell us that nine four one one four.
Speaker 1: Three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: The most important question we ask each other at work on a Friday, isn't it I'm totally knocking off to day? Because the knockoff is what it's all about. It's when you leave work and that's it. You are foot loose, your fancy free. It's Friday, it's a start of your weekend. You're thinking about your first drink tonight or whatever you've got on over your weekend. So Patsy and Jack are off to Brisbane today. Good luck to both of you tomorrow, Thank you, thank you, you've already won.
Speaker 4: You just want result.
Speaker 3: If I definitely you, i'd be I'd be coming up tomorrow, trust me. But good luck to both of you. Okay, what time are you knocking off today? Well? Today, I've got a lot going on today. I've got a thing I can't talk about straight off the Reckford Show. And then by five o'clock today it is decision Friday for me. I have to I have to work out whether I am going to commit and do a stand up show next year at the Comedy Festival.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, all right, you've got to name them by November.
Speaker 3: Name them and not just that. The big hard thing is venues. Most of the venues are already signed up.
Speaker 4: Do you do Rod Labor? The mcg mar twenty nights at Rod Labor? I'm doing show tunes.
Speaker 5: You'll be a things record, all right.
Speaker 3: So let's find out what time you knock off today. Let's go to Charlene. Good morning, Good morning, Good morning, Charlene. Knock off Friday. What time you're knocking off? Mate?
Speaker 9: I knocked off fifteen minutes ago?
Speaker 3: Awesome? And what have you been doing during the night, Charline? What do you do?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 12: Work as a paramedic?
Speaker 3: Ah, bless you, thank you very much, an important job to do. You're not paid nowhere near enough, but thank you very much for doing that, trying to keep us safe overnight. And so what are you doing now? Now you're knocking off just to arrive you the home.
Speaker 13: So it's sleepy bit in.
Speaker 14: The morning and usual health work and maybe goes shopping.
Speaker 13: Got some best drinks on the weekend.
Speaker 3: All right? Enjoy you have a great weekend. Nice to talk to, Charleine. Thanks, what bye, Let's go to Matty. Good morning, Mattie. Just sounds like someone who's got the weekend going on already. What are you up to?
Speaker 7: I just knocked off work myself as well. I'm going to say, oh what Charlotte's up to?
Speaker 3: Listener dating? There's somethinking that all right? And Mattie, what do you do? Mate?
Speaker 9: I'm in the very similar industry. I'm an anglest dispatcher, all.
Speaker 3: Right, brilliant craik Is, you'll be dispatching Charlene.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 3: It sounds after you for me to the pub. Pubs open at eight point fifteen.
Speaker 9: I could tell you will be at ten.
Speaker 7: Off the sop of my head, Christian, because you really is that right?
Speaker 12: Good?
Speaker 3: Really secret pubs that are open this Sadly.
Speaker 9: I'll invite you four.
Speaker 7: Tom you're knocking off.
Speaker 3: In a minute. If there's a pub open right now, maybe you should do a show live from a pub where we never say where we are that is actually open illegally. I don't think we can. Actually we were at legal training the other day. I don't think that slide did not come up about drinking during the breakfast show. All right, Mattie, enjoy your weekend. Thanks for calling, mate, kids go on and we will thank you. Maddie.
Speaker 12: Eric, how are you going?
Speaker 3: Good? Eric? And what are you up to? What time you knocking off today? Twelve thirty? Twelve thirty? And what are you up to once you've knocked off at twelve thirty?
Speaker 12: I'm going to go and donate blood.
Speaker 3: You're gonna go and give a pint of blood? Good man. I need to do this. It's a very important thing to do. In fact, I can't do it. They don't want our pommy blah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the mad those rumors, once and for all, we'd explain a lot.
Speaker 3: I'm a mad cow. Oh Eric, good on you mate. Is this something you've done before?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 12: About seven times by the white This time lead has tattoo done.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I can't get it for a year a.
Speaker 3: Year or so.
Speaker 12: Really, it was about twelve months ago on Grand Final.
Speaker 3: You had a tattoo done or you gave blood?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's on my bumb Yeah, well you're not the guy that we tattooed in here.
Speaker 3: I know we didn't do his butteret.
Speaker 4: We did?
Speaker 3: Remember? Is Eric the Eagles fan? Yes, it feels that listeners were united. Hey, how's that tattoo shaping up? Mate?
Speaker 12: It's been colordin once by our friends who did the wrong colors with Texas.
Speaker 3: Hey, Eric, have a good weekend mate, good only forgeting blood as well, Steve. Good morning, Good morning, Steve. What time you're knocking off?
Speaker 8: I've just finished as well, and I'm just heading to Charlene and my pails.
Speaker 3: Funny funny fuddy Steve. That's great, Have a great weekend mate. All right, so give us a call now if you're not knocking off now we're covered all the people. I'm still think. We still got the show to do and stuff going on. So if you're not knocking off till after midday, give us a call. Nine four one four one O four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: This morning, right when I got up, I was doing my normal thing where you chat to learn in the morning, always chatting niche Of course I feel quite first thing, I do. You know they always excited dogs to see you, even at court past four. You know, they come over the toils work and they're just happy you're alive. God, you're dad. Where have you been in that room again? Where do you go?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 3: And and I always have a little chat like how are you doing all this? And then my wife she never gets up. Well, she's asleep, there's no reasonab being up. At four fifteen, comes sort of bleary eye into the kitchen and I could see she's been crying. She said, listen, I need a hug. I've had a really horrible nightmare. I'm not Oh god. The dog automatically buggers off back to her bed, like this is going to get heavy. This one's on you, mate, Oh god, good luck. So I give her a hug and I goes, I think, all right, it's on one of those really awful dreams. And I said, all right, do you want to talk about it? She goes, well, I don't want to put you off with it, but it was you. And yeah, I just had to get up because I know you're about to drive to work with you in a car crashing. Oh no, oh my god, that's awful. Yeah, it would be horrible for you. But I'll be absolutely fine, you know. She was, No, no, no, the worst what it was? Then I had to get remarried and I was with this awful man. The upset bit is you just about your bad choice? Post? Are you upset about me dying or the bad choice she made? What better am I meant to feel sorry for? She didn't quite get why. I don't know which which bit here is a sad bit my death or that you went there with some afterwards And that's what you're upset. But I don't know.
Speaker 4: Now she knows when you get into the accident. Be careful about the choice you make next. Remember the dream? Remember the dream?
Speaker 3: All right? You two tickets?
Speaker 8: I understand.
Speaker 4: I am nothing against YouTube.
Speaker 3: Anticipation of what's about to have?
Speaker 5: Are am I?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: Room?
Speaker 3: You knew you weeks of you too? And then she texted me to the show this one and go and did you get to work safely? Turn the radio on. That's an easy way to find out if you here has been a lot of songs.
Speaker 4: You were right, I died, I know, But if you did diet. The station would probably just play some old we.
Speaker 3: All know they would do that as well. Forever didn't she you around town again? We're still going with that post three, it must be seventy now, all right? You two tickets week three and ten weeks of tickets every single week. Then we give you tickets to the biggest shows in town. This week. It's a little bit about you too. Joshua Tree taught live at a couple of weeks time. Coming to Marvel Stadium next week. Big news this week, coming back to Australi, first tom in eight years, The awesome, brilliant live Lenny Kravitz. We've got Lenny Kravitz tickets. Next week is also a meet and greet with Lenny as well. You can meet the Lenmeister next week on the show. Not next week, but when he comes here and that's what he likes to be known as, when you're up close with him, Lendmeister. That's next week right now. Last our chance tickets to go and see you too. The way we've been doing this this week is for you to call in in a team of two to play for you two taking on another YouTube try and win tickets to go to YouTube. We ask you a YouTube question, you get five seconds to talk with whoever is your teammate. This week we've had teams of people on the way to work, couples calling us from their beds, all kinds of couples. Who won it yesterday? The crazies, Well.
Speaker 4: They didn't actually win. Remember they got the tickets.
Speaker 3: Well, I gave half the answer away when I yelled at for California. All right, cool in now, then you need to be with somebody else. Grab a stranger bus stop. You've got to be playing in teams of two to win the U two tickets nine four one four one o four three nine four one four one o four three And you two fans a little special treat this morning because it's all about the Joshua Trier Joshua Tree, which is a great album. After the news, we're going to play a song from the album on vinyl. Not yet, Jack, you lept very quickly. Your reaction time is getting a lot quicker. I was given one job this morning. You'll be the person playing the YouTube vinyl two jobs. Don't upset any more clients.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Day, and I am nothing against YouTube.
Speaker 3: Anticipation of what's about half? Where am I right room?
Speaker 1: YouTube?
Speaker 3: Ten weeks of tickets? You too, god one, I fought my three week three ten weeks of tickets. Seven more to go next week, Lennykravitz. Every single morning's seven point thirty last pair of you two tickets. Then to go and see the band live during the Joshua Tree and all the hits as well. We're looking for this week. You are playing teams of two, you two up against you two for you two. All right, So this morning let's meet the first you two up. We've got Ellie and Paul. Good morning, Ellie and Paul, good morning. All right, So tell us about yourself. Where are you right now? We are in Morty Alex morning breakfast, Morty Alex, Yes, right, okay, and so it's so you and your husband we yeah.
Speaker 13: And Paul and with the kids listening as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, the kids all there that they just fed up. They just want breakfast and then go to school. You've draged them into a live radio competition pretty much.
Speaker 8: One of them is hoping the tickets will go to her if she wins.
Speaker 3: We win. So Tuesday, and are your big you two fans?
Speaker 12: We've seen them a couple of times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, right, you're ready for your first question? All right, good luck? All right, this is our works. Then team Eddie and Paul and the kids. HiT's your YouTube question. As soon as I ask it, the time will start. You get five seconds talk amongst his house and then give me your final answer. Are you ready?
Speaker 9: Yep?
Speaker 3: Good luck? In Which year was you two inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? What year was you two inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
Speaker 7: I'll call them with you have no idea, Let's go with.
Speaker 3: Ninety four. They had to wait until two thousand and five. Why so long? Sorry, guys, you got to move on. Tough luck. All right, go now do we now have Natasha and Rebecca? Good morning, good night? Hi, well done? All right, well done. I'm getting through lots of it. We're trying to win the tickets.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Is this is this mum and daughter?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right, so Natasha you're the mum, yes I am. Rebecca you're the daughter. Yeah right, I understand everything now and you are at home? Where about s are you?
Speaker 9: We're in the car.
Speaker 10: Why don't you go to a guitarists?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Natasha, you learn to play the guitar?
Speaker 12: No, my daughter, Rebecca, Sorry.
Speaker 3: Rebecca you learned to play the guitar.
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, how long you've been doing that.
Speaker 10: For five She does piano and trumpet too, so like a one woman band.
Speaker 3: This is incredible. And Rebecca, tell me who is your favorite guitarist? Who do you really like?
Speaker 12: The head?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh man, you got to win these tickets.
Speaker 4: Rebecca, do you have your guitar there? You should play a bit of you?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Could you do any of the riffs?
Speaker 9: Actually?
Speaker 3: Right, you're ready for your question? Yeah, listen, everyone listening right now wants you guys to win. Okay, we've got a future of rock and roll.
Speaker 9: We're going crazy here.
Speaker 3: All right, So Rebecca, Natasha, good luck. Rebecca, you're the future of rock and roll. Good luck? All right. Hopefully we get you playing live on the show one day and interviewing you. Okay, and then you I remember when I called the show when I was in the car. All right, here it is, then I reckon you can get this. So I'm going to read the question out. Then you get five seconds. What is Bono's birth name. What is Bono's actual name? What is bon didn't check?
Speaker 14: Father?
Speaker 3: Well done, juniors, Rebecca's best winner of the Thanks, Hey, well done, proper fans. It went to proper fans, that is bringing Natasha and the daughter. Rebecca. You're off to you too, well done.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much.
Speaker 9: And just by the way, I did see you two the Joshua Tree back in nineteen eighty seventy Munich, so I was there.
Speaker 5: Two years later.
Speaker 8: So I'm so excited, amazing.
Speaker 3: So you're obviously going to take Rebecca with you.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Rebecca, definitely.
Speaker 3: I've got another daughter.
Speaker 10: So she'll be here, crazy too.
Speaker 3: But Rebecca's the future rock and roll. She's there right now, just about to have a guitar lesson, and.
Speaker 8: The other one does gitar piano too.
Speaker 3: So on a know, anyway we can decide bring them in for a guitar jeweling sisters with jeweling guitars. Oh that is amazing much.
Speaker 8: We love your show. We listen to every day.
Speaker 3: Thank you very very much. Hey listen, Rebecca, good luck with the guitar lessons. Okay, thank you all right, Hey, well done, enjoyed the enjoy the U two when they're over and that was brilliant. You've got it in zero point one second.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, yeah, I'm sorry one of the biggest fans.
Speaker 3: Yeah ah, that's great, went on and getting through and we're all made out, well done, okay, enjoyed the guitar lessons.
Speaker 1: Rebecca lies by the Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So after eight then and the news this is what we're hopefully going to get calls on, but we'll wait and see. Yesterday, towards the end of the show, we were still having fun with all the stories we've had this week. The ongoing story of the week has been doing more and more of Six Degrees of Neighbors. Started this Monday because Reg Watson, over the weekend passed away, was the creator of Neighbors thirty five years ago, longest running soap obviously in Australia, huge in the UK daily audience of five million people, and so many bizarre stories. We spoken to two cast members from the show as well. Brett called in Monday when we're doing six Degrees of It. Brett Swain, who's played several characters in it, but most family famously part of the Timmins family, and then later on this week we reunited him with Ben Nichols, who was Stingray part of the Timmins family as well. Yesterday, though, it started to get a little more distant. If those are all like one or two degrees of neighbors or one they were in it. Yesterday we heard about someone who sold Stephan Dennis a Ford territory a few years ago, and also had to make the same guy, John Watts, also to mate who sold a Carter Scott Kahn. This guy is connected listener John Watts. And then my favorite one yesterday was Brian who used to work at Beacon Lighting once sold a red floor lamp to Stephan Dennis. She also have described in the same email him as a man a few words. I still don't know what Stephan Dennis the actor is meant to say when purchasing a red floor lamp. But anyway, so what we want to do that now though, is what with the news that Stephan Dennis owns a Ford territory that he purchased off one of you, we want to have you ever bought or sold anything to someone famous. You might have brought something off them, or might have sold them something someone famous, and I guess Jack we want, but we're get bonus points if it is a neighbor, Neighbors cast.
Speaker 4: Members, extra points for Neighbors cast members, and then extra points again for Stephan Dennis because we almost know his whole house inside and out.
Speaker 3: Now my pray is if if we do, if we do again, who's calling Christian next year on my top five would simply be at number one STEFFI d And well by then we'll have a whole list of items which we believe has it does he still got them?
Speaker 4: Definitely? We could fill out a home and content insurance for him.
Speaker 3: All right, So have you ever sold anything to someone famous or bought something off them? Nine four one four one oh four three nine four one four one o four three bonus points and this morning up for grabs if it was or is a cast member of Neighbours.
Speaker 1: The Christian Who Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So this week it's sort of about neighbours six degrees of Neighbors, and I think it peaked yesterday with the stories coming through about people selling a red floor lamp. Brian to Stephan Dennis a red four lap when she used to work at Beacon Lighting. And let's not forget John Watsuit sold Stephan Dennis. That's all about Stephan Dennis now a four territory a couple of years ago. So it's led us to where we are this morning right now. Nine four one four one o four three. Have you sold anything to somebody famous? Bonus points if it is a neighbors cast member, But just have you sold anything to anybody famous? Nine four one four one four three And if we do get any Stephan Dennis ones, I've just managed to find this. This went top twenty in the UK. Stephen Dennis had a hit single, Dyna Make You Feel Good? All right, that's the bonus with us and out for all right, let's go to lines now Kerry, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 13: How are you, Christian?
Speaker 3: I'm good. Carey. If you had a good week, mate.
Speaker 13: I've had a fabulous week, thank you?
Speaker 3: All right? Have you sold anything to somebody famous? What's your story?
Speaker 13: I have of I used to work Force but Large and I sold Firth fabric to Kylie.
Speaker 4: Minogue fair fabric.
Speaker 3: I didn't know Kylie was one of those that's bad. You should chuck paint all over us.
Speaker 13: Oh, it was an animal print birth fabric. I think it might have been zebra back then. I can't quite remember that. It was definitely a FIRS fabric and it was an animal print.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's just the print, right, it's not actually wearing a zebra on her.
Speaker 3: Now, Kerry killed the ZEBRAI you picked the animal for a little reserve, that got the back, and then they skinning give it to you. Stray to way. Synthetic synthetia.
Speaker 13: Definitely synthetic fir fabric. And she was with her grandmother, and her grandmother was making her cushions.
Speaker 3: I love it. I love that. What a lovely nuna thing to do. Even though just tiny. She can afford cushions for all of us, but she's making us some.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that was a long time ago. It was about twenty five years ago. I think it was around about the start of locomotion had just come out. It was just coming out, and so she was she was well known that she wasn't obviously as famous as that's what she is now.
Speaker 4: So you can still walk around Spotlight.
Speaker 13: I wouldn't walk up and down street shopping.
Speaker 4: You can't do that. Anymore.
Speaker 3: All right, Kerry, that's a great one. Thank you very much. You cool, thank you so much. All right, of course, Kylie, your neighbors. So we were already starting off, although we said anybody, were already into the neighbors to people by buying stuff and selling them to neighbors. Cast members Catherine, good morning, good morning, good morning. So who have you bought or sold something too famous?
Speaker 13: I sold a great polo shit to Lou Carpenter is played by Tom Oliver, our neighbors.
Speaker 3: Lou Carpenter was another light Harold Bishop legend of They're on the Mount Rushmore those two Lou, isn't it? For years he seemed to always be sort of centered around a lot of his stuff around the watering hole, wasn't it. Yeah?
Speaker 13: Yeah, he also in the cafe.
Speaker 3: That's it Luke Carpenter. Sarah, Mimi, again, what did you sell to Lou Carpenter from neighbors?
Speaker 13: It was a great polo ship.
Speaker 3: As well, a very very dapper no doubt was this. Where was the shot?
Speaker 13: It was in Forest Hill, yep. And obviously that's sort of very close to where they filmed. And I went a little bit of sand deal on him. I love neighbors. But he was lovely. Yeah, he didn't make me feel.
Speaker 3: Weird at all. So that's great, really nice to hear. I love that one, Katherine, Thank you very much. Have a nice weekend, mate. Thank you, Crystal with a crystal good.
Speaker 9: Morning, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Morning, Crystal. Okay, what's your story for us?
Speaker 14: I had sold fish and chips and ice cream to Stephen Dennis and his family about fifteen years ago, and a little fish and chip shopping Lilydale called Gilligan's Islands does not existed anymore.
Speaker 3: Hang on a minute, sound the music, fish and chips and ice cream to Stephen and it stopped the show. Everyone, there's your weekend promo cut. This is incredible. So we know at the moment Stephen Dennis owns a red floor lamb a for territory and he house had fish and chips and ice cream farm where was it?
Speaker 14: Gilligan Garlands?
Speaker 4: And you remember what he ordered? Crystal yes, and vinegar on the chips.
Speaker 7: I hope.
Speaker 14: Unfortunately I don't remember anymore because I was boring. He remember that detail. I do remember the ice creams for the children's Oh that's great.
Speaker 3: How many years ago would you say this is Crystal.
Speaker 14: I'm gonna say about fifty.
Speaker 3: Fifteen years ago. A Crystal. All right, Crystal, thank you very much. You cool yo, Well, thank you. Let's got a Steve come on and Steve.
Speaker 7: Going just for the note for Kerry before talking about my commotions. It was twenty five years ago. It was thirty five years ago.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no no way, there's no way, no no, don't come on like that, Stephen stressing me out. Locomotion is in five years old.
Speaker 7: It is terrible. I listen, I've got one for you. And I don't like name dropping. The Queen once told me I should have her name drop. But back in nineteen eighty nine, I was installing car phones and if anyone remembers those, they won't walk around. You could put them in a pocket. Though I was stuck in your car and I install the car phones. But for Stephan Didnis.
Speaker 3: Fancy and flash. But that's Stephen Dennis. Wow.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he originally came in and bought it. He was on his motorbike when he came in and bought it.
Speaker 6: And excuse me, I'm just doing deals with La.
Speaker 3: Of course the ringturn would have been so he came in. I believe because I once saw him in London in Chelsea King's Road getting off a Harley Davison. I think it was into his big bikes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think they. I think a lot of them do that picked around anymity intact. But I remember installing the car phone. He sat on the passage side seat the whole time while I was doing it, and one of the other installers came that said generally told you you look just all about Blake from Neighbors, and I had the busting of laughing and he just turned and said, yeah, I'll get that occasionally that day. And then I had to tell the Blake ladder on what it.
Speaker 3: What was the Do you remember what was the car that was where you were installing it? It too, I was.
Speaker 7: Trying to remember by memory. It was a BMW three series. Nice. But we did a lot of car phones for a lot of rich and famous in days because they were so expensive.
Speaker 3: Were really expensive. But you must have had a lot of VIPs and famous people coming because it was only for the very rich and famous that had car phones.
Speaker 7: Well, when you consider I think the average wager was throwing a bucks and I was three and a half four grand for a car phone we did.
Speaker 3: They were huge as well. If I remember right, it had like the buttons on the on the handset and this almost like a suitcase that used to have to be in a car.
Speaker 7: That's right, the intercur the transtrieve it and there are no rules. You can actually just pick it up and talk on the phone while you're driving. No problems at all.
Speaker 3: Ah, that's a great one, Steve. Thank you so much for giving us a call. Very funny. Thank you.
Speaker 7: Guys.
Speaker 3: All right, have a good weekend. Yeah, So we're now just going to concentrate on neighbors.
Speaker 4: I think we have to extra points now for Stephan Dennis.
Speaker 3: It's bonus points for stephied. We now turned the show into Neighbours, Gum Tree nine one o four three, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So we started out saying, have you sold anything to anyone? Famous bonus points if it's a Neighbours cast member. We're now getting so many calls because I guess there are so many cast members and neighbors. It's just it's just neighbors cast members. Now, are we keeping a running tally? Of things that Stephan Dennis has got from our listeners. We've got the red floor lamp. We've got the four territory, the.
Speaker 4: Car phone, the fish and chips and ice.
Speaker 3: Cream for the kids. I can now give you some more information, Christian. We've had a recent sighting in Stephan Dennis, as recently as two weeks ago. He's still amongst us everyone. Good news. Two weeks ago I stood in line behind Stephan Dennis at Typo, you know, the stationary place in Eastland. So good news. Hopefully it means he's buying a notepad and there could be some new material coming out very soon. Fingers cross de FD Christian. Just to let you know, I can confirm it's true you're listening. Really did sell Stephan Dennis a Ford Territory. I've been in it. I used to do extra work on neighbors and he dropped me off twice at the station in the Ford Territory.
Speaker 4: He seems like that kind of guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he would. All right, let's go to lines. Now, what have you sold to neighbours cast members, Christian. I sold an exercise bike to Toadfish one hundred bucks. It's a good deal too. Andy in my mount of luffe Isa, that's great, Angela, good morning, Good morning guys. All right, Angela, what have you got for us?
Speaker 14: So back in the eighties I worked in a record store Brushers at Lost and Stefan came in and bought a copy of his single that.
Speaker 3: Was really no, this is too good. Stephan Dennis came in and brought a copy of his own song he did, come on, this is what seven inch vinyl?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it would have been a vinyl.
Speaker 14: I don't think to say they's room back then.
Speaker 13: So it was just only a record that he bought.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable and was he like waving it around by his face at the front cover? Anyone? Anyone? Come on?
Speaker 8: You know who?
Speaker 3: Stop it? Yes, come on over. It's gonna be like bea till mania. That's and thank you very much. Thanks guys of the major one. Let's go to Greg. Good morning, good morning, how are you. I'm good, great, Welcome to the show. So is this a Stephan Dennis one or another members cast member?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 10: Another cast membered David Clincy, who used to play Danny Ramsey from the original Ramsey Family.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, okay, yeah, what did you sound to him?
Speaker 10: I sold him my grandparents nineteen sixty five Riviera eleven hundred d which was in immaculate condition. They bought it from brand new in nineteen sixty five, had log books everything for it. I think I sold it to David for about fifteen hundred bucks and he drove it for I think about a year and then sold it himself. And the funny thing is the thing wud probably be worth about twenty grand today in the condition that was in.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I about to say those things are quite collectors itis now, those older beautiful cars.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and if you worked out here, you're talking to yet Chris Greg. No, that's my pseudonym when I'm ringing out the Christian O'Connell show. Who is this then, Stephan Dennis?
Speaker 3: No, no, it's not. I've been praying by Stephie d. Don't make it feel good?
Speaker 10: And all of those All of those things were true, except I don't remember buying my own single. That's a bit out there.
Speaker 13: Isn't it.
Speaker 3: Steppens You know what it was, right, I'm not really funny. But the character you became in Greg was a very slow, dull caller. And I was about to look at chat to go which one did you put the dollar through? We've had a great caller, great caller who put the stinker on creek. But that's the powerful acting you get with yourself, Stephan.
Speaker 4: I was worried that you were going to bort and get to the air break before he.
Speaker 3: Said it was about to cut you off. A go say here Greg, thanks for corl and then yell at someone through.
Speaker 8: Christian.
Speaker 10: I'll tell you what, you are the god of radio interviewers, because I don't know that any other person who can actually get a listeners from around the world.
Speaker 9: To ring you.
Speaker 3: Well, it's happening right now with you, Stephan, Welcome to the show. So how do we owe the pleasure? Have you heard of us talking about neighbors this week and then this morning just basically becoming obsessed with you.
Speaker 10: I'm going to be very humble and say I listened to your breakfast show every time I can.
Speaker 3: That's hilarious. You know what back in the day, because you're a massive star in the UK. Remember coming to see you one year in Panto. I actually bought the single as well.
Speaker 10: Which which one there was two.
Speaker 3: Or a prequel? I got this one I got. That doesn't make you feel Good? What was the other one?
Speaker 10: The second one was called This Love Affair. Unfortunately it got buried in a bit of a political fight with the record company, which was, yeah, a bit of a bugger because it was I actually thought it was a bit of song and don't make you feel good.
Speaker 3: So that's you and Prince who fell out with the record labels.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 3: You should have said you should have come up a little squigger with st like he did, you know for the artists famly known as Stephan Dennis. Yeah, Stephan, So do you let me ask you this then? Do you remember buying a red floor lamp from Beacon Lighting a couple of years ago?
Speaker 10: Yes? And I can't remember the girl name that sold it to me who rang up before? But do you know I still have that. I've got a flat down in Ellwood and it's still sitting in that.
Speaker 3: What about the famous Ford territory that we've heard so much about, No, I.
Speaker 10: Don't have that anymore. People are going to find this sacriligious. I'm not a great fan of Fords. And I had to buy that in a real harry because we'd actually I blew up a Mazda van I had and I kind of needed a people mover as quickly as possible for my family, and the Ford Territory was the only one that ticked all the boxes so quickly, and I went, Okay, that'll do. I bought it, and then about a month later I thought, what.
Speaker 7: Did I do that for?
Speaker 9: What did I buy a Ford?
Speaker 8: God?
Speaker 10: It was actually a really good carrot. It was very strong. We'd drove it to Queensland and back and a few road trips on it. It was. It held up quite well.
Speaker 3: Stephan is such a good sport. Given us a call now on Monday when we talk about Reg Watson when we first started to talk about Neighbors and how much love there is for it. What a great show and so many people around the world enjoying it, especially obviously here and in Britain. I remember your character fondly because you had some be storylines when I was already into it, including when you were trying to sell lassiters to Do you remember this guy, mister Udi Gowerdi Gower?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you remember all? He sadly died.
Speaker 10: Lawn Lawrence mart who played mister Edegow and died a couple of years ago. That's unfortunately lovely, lovely guy.
Speaker 3: But it was an amazing storyline. Where was he a Chinese back to Chinese consortium that were interested in buying lassiters I've seem to remember.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, And there was a big storyline around that because his family values or the characters family values were very strong and he would only do business with the family people like family men. So Paul had to he was with Gail Lewis at the time, and he had to cook up this fake marriage which ended up turning into a real one. But yeah, it was great. That was one of my favorite storylines, believe.
Speaker 3: It that I remember. Didn't you start to learn Chinese or Japanese through those tapes you listen to at bedtime or stuff like that?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, something like that. You're going back to thirty odd.
Speaker 3: Years and so how do you feel now the show thirty five years old? And you must have been reminiscent this week with the sad news about Reg Watson passed away, because obviously a big part of your life.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was well, as I said it was doing an interview on ABC the other day and I said, it was actually Red Watson who was responsible for my longevity on the show. Because he was the He called me into his office one day and I was like, oh god, I being called into Regge's office, and he said, can we sit down? And we sat in the office for about three hours and nutted out a new character for Paul Robinson because originally he was just a I shouldn't say nothing character, but you know, I happy, go lucky university kid who was nothing great on the horizon. And we literally worked out how to turn Paul's character around him. Hence he became this ruthless businessman and now the resident bad guy.
Speaker 3: And what were some of the stranger storylines you have? Because this week there have been so many odd, strange little storylines in the show, because obviously it's like a sassage factor, isn't you got it? Just sheer volume of shows that they turn out over the years. What were some of the weirder ones you were involved in?
Speaker 10: Oh god, no, you're putting me on the spot. But I think some of the more recent ones, which I'm trying to get my head around, the whole love triangle, the incestuous love triangle with Terres and Leo and Paul. That was a bit weird that one. Some of the weirdest or the weirdest storyline I think I've been involved in was an offshoot from Neighbors, which was one of the web series we did, which is Paul Does Time Travel or Neighbors.
Speaker 3: Man Travel. I'm gonna have to find this on YouTube.
Speaker 10: Get on YouTube and it's called Neighbors Does Time Travel. You'll you'll laugh your head off.
Speaker 3: We're gonna all blow up YouTube today, just spite the numbers for that Neighbors Does Time Travel. Listen, Stephan, We've got to get the news on now. But thank you so much for giving us a corn, being such a good sport as well. Lovely I for you to call us this morning.
Speaker 10: A guys, have a good one.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: S letter Greg, the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Very convincing acting from you.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: You know brad Our producer as a nider rejects, so I'm not surprised that he's got chops. But I had no idea that, oh dug, Greg was the actor Stephan Dennis And as you saw my hands, it was about hovering over the fighter. Go yeah, thanks Greg. And they're going to someone who put that mumbly through great called a great call, a great car. That's when the ratio great calling. There's always that one going. Who wrote this one through? There's log books, the fair.
Speaker 4: Geez I was trying to telepathically say. He was like, give Greg a chance because I can tell it was a boring story about selling you car.
Speaker 3: But don't forget we're dealing with one of the world's greatest method actors, Stephen Dennis.
Speaker 4: Of course, then when he was playing himself, he was great chat, great funny, funny guy.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much to Stephen Dennis giving us a call. Great way to win all the neighbors fun we've had this week. Thank you very much. I just to say too, as Jack and I was saying too. Listener called John Watts who emailed me yesterday. Watsy aerial sales manager, Vick East and Taz of course Oliver Footwear sent me this now legendary email was sent us off down the whole Stephan Dennis wrote, My mum used to live around the corner from Barry Crocker and Geelong who used to sing the theme tune to Neighbors. Oh and one of my mates sold Stephen Dennis Afford Territory a few years back. If it hadn't been for John Watts's amazing email there breakthrough. That's the kind of whistleblower email if you ask me, though, been up the whole thing of the last twenty four hours, So thank you very much to John Watts. And I saw all the amazing stories we've had this week from all the various connections to neighbors as well. We've loved it this week. I'm going to miss next week not having all the stories ongoing every single day about neighbors, but thanks so much for those have been great fun.
Speaker 1: The Christian oho' connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: I wasn't going to say anything about this because you really be interested, only am because quite a lot of you have been emailing me and I didn't know you'd know about it, and because it's kind of a small thing. It's a radio story if anything, but a load of you have been kind enough to go on our Facebook page as well. Patsy tipped me off yesterday. She did after did you just sit on that Facebook? She monitor it all, you know, deleting comments and stuff like that, cleaning it all up, and she's not the bouncer of Facebook. If anyone says mean about us, Patsy will deal with you and throw you through the window. But I've signed a new deal for this radio show in this radio station, which is great news for me and my family. But thank you very much for the people have actually emailed me to say that you were pleased for me and my family have been really touched by that, and so yeah, I will be if you enjoy the show. The good news Insida, I will be doing this show for a fair few years, a few years yet seeing me well into a landmark age and beyond as well, which is great news. I'm flattered. But the real reason why they've been kind enough to show faith in me one bringing me out here, but then to tell the contractor already had which had another couple of years on it, but give me a longer term one was only down to the success of the show, and that is all about the people that listen to the show. And this week you have shown every single time we've done a phone in, whenever we go to stories, that we have the very best listeners in the world, and you're part of something really new and different, not just here in Melbourne, but in Australian radio, and there's no way they would have offered me a new long term deal if we didn't have the show we didn't that is built by you guys, and also Jack and Pats as well, because you know, I am a part of the show, but it is their show as well, and Jack makes the show with me. Might be surprised, but afterwards Jack does actually do a lot of the brainstorming. We don't spend long on it, but we do actually do somehow he is there and then he leaves, and then I clear up some mess that he's created it, but he does. He makes the show with me, and it wouldn't be anything Jack and I wouldn't be anything on the show without the powerhouse that is Pats as well. So Jack and Pats are We're sure the best tomorrow with the Acre your Radio Awards, and you deserve your nominations as well for what you're doing on the show that we're building together here. But most of I just want to say thank you very much, because seriously, it isn't just about radio show. That wasn't why I moved out here. It was a big part of it. What wasn't the biggest part. It's about new life and my family, and the news about a long term deal is great because it means that they're really enjoying it here and this is a place we're happy to call home. But thank you very much in all the comments. If you don't like the show, really bad news. I am here for a very long time. Find somewhere else to listen in the morning.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three Friday Mornings. That worth time waster now with all the talk and the show, the last couple of days of spray tans, fake tans. We're asking you to beautify a movie. I guess we're talking to here about grooming beautifying treatment. I call it landscaping, landscaping, land escaping, I do, all right, We're looking for you to beautify a movie. Ten things I exfoliate about you, yep, just to yeah, the prean mild look at his old preening himself there, Jackie Boys, all preamed up with his fate. Had spruce all mighty mad wax spruce on mighty is very good, dude. Where's my mascara? That's gold plus Cracksacking back to the Future. I leave you with that one. Cracksacking Back to the Future, beautifying movie. Jack, What have you got?
Speaker 4: The Italian boob job?
Speaker 3: Aughte but nice Friday humor?
Speaker 4: Shellc to the future, Oh gosh, well done.
Speaker 3: How do you know about shellac?
Speaker 4: Bank got a schllek yesterday? Well, I got a pedicure.
Speaker 3: You never brought that up. I beg you every day. You two the truth to the show. I've shared stuff. Okay, colonoscopy last year, and do you remember the colonics and all that? And you kept that quiet. You had a pedicure.
Speaker 4: Sorry, it slipped my mirth.
Speaker 3: Get out of it, Get out of me? Dog, Oh what happens? Never had one?
Speaker 4: You know what? It's so good. I wish he's more socially acceptable for men to get them what it should be.
Speaker 11: It is though, jacko'b seen blokes trades get their feet done.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 4: The lady next to me said, I wish my husband is desperate to come and get well.
Speaker 3: Guy who's not looks after his nails on his feet or hands. It's horrible. So good, I do judge many they're gonna wear the thongs and that make sure you clean your feet and let your nails. The middle earth down there sometimes hairy kind of orc feet. Pedicure is that the feet where were we? Shellac?
Speaker 4: She like to the future. To the future, and the hills have eyelash extensions.
Speaker 3: Very good stuff. Okay, what have you got this morning for Beautify a movie? Oh? Four seven five three, one oh four three, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Today's that where time waits. All the talk of spray tanns and now recently pedicures, Beautify a movie. Don't forget one of these good people when they get a gold plus one of them will win tickets. Go and see Zombie Lamb two double Tap.
Speaker 4: I'll take you to your first pedicure if you want to go together.
Speaker 3: I'd actually like to have upstairs and downstairs. I'd like's have the pedicure and the manicure. Okay, okay, see how the day goes to some of that landscaping.
Speaker 1: I need.
Speaker 3: The old whipper snipper out. Okay, come on, everyone, We've only had a couple of drinks today. Stephanie's been on the show. We're all a bit giddy. Okay, Beautifuy a movie, Texas Chase or Mascara Silver, Facial Attraction, Oh, Silver plus Rocket Tan Gold, Shelley and some of your well done. Razor Blade Runner, Bronz, Lukyboy, Pinosa Facial Off Silver, Children of the Corn Removal Very smart.
Speaker 4: What is the corn remove?
Speaker 3: People have their.
Speaker 4: Feets and stuff on your feet Gold, You've Got Nails.
Speaker 3: Gold plus, Andrew well done When Harry waxed? Sally Silver, Crazy Rich Derma Abrasions, Oh Clever Gold, Mark in Frankston, South, The Girl with a Temporary Tattoo Bronze, Rebecca Wonka part Spa to Cus Silver plus, an Officer and a Gentle Tan Gold Gold plus Today, Steph in Ferntree, Gulley wor Done, the Good the Band, The Ugly Haircut Bronze, Jason in Ferntree, Gunny Clockwork Orange Spray Tan Silver plus, Kathy, Thank You, Fairest Bud of SPA Day Off Bronze, mad Max Factor Silver, Things I Hate about your toenails Silver plus, Dye your Hair Another Day Gold, Attack of the Combs Gold, fifty Shades of Tan, Bronze, Natural Born Fethers Gold, Shaw Shunk Injection Gold Gold.
Speaker 4: Fingernails, sivil plus.
Speaker 3: Back to the saddle silver, the Mighty Plucks, silver plus cloudy with a chance of waxed balls.
Speaker 4: Not necessarily gold.
Speaker 3: Who is winning the ticket?
Speaker 4: You know what I really like? Officer in a gentle tan or you've got nails.
Speaker 3: Officer in a gentle tan. That's really as chuckle smart one. Thank you very much everyone, Well done the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: While we going to Brisbane this weekend for the radio Awards, Pats and I and our partners, my mum and dad will be coming into our house to look after Lunar like a homestay look after rather than drop Luner off at their place. Treat yourselves to our house, guys.
Speaker 3: Great and obviously sleeping in the spare a spare bedroom and.
Speaker 4: Well the spare bedrooms. Actually it's kind of like a storage area at the moment, so they will be in the we did this sheet, redid the sheets, so they stayed in the done that before. But it's better because it's got the bathroom.
Speaker 3: I know they've got Dutch blood in them, but even so, I mean the flat landers out there, who knows what they get up to. But what don't you find You've gotta get back into that, Betty, Mom and dad had been in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I mean we do the sheets again.
Speaker 5: Watching movies.
Speaker 3: Your dad's gonna get all sort of revved up watching those late night skin flicks on SBS. Bit the Europeans smart you know, sees a side boob and suddenly he's kicking in your door. You're going to come back maybe next Friday. You'll see your mum's nickers on the come.
Speaker 4: Oh no, now you got me thinking about it. I'll have to teach lunar. I guess before I interup. Don't let them ever alone.
Speaker 3: I can't say what it is, but the version of where it's dog blocking.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Well friends, we wish Jack and Pat's say flights up to Brisbane enjoying the radio awards tomorrow, whether you come back with the gongs or not Monday, your winners to all of us already, thank you.
Speaker 4: Do you want to play by play texting?
Speaker 3: I will have the streaming up. I will seriously a stream.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm streaming it.
Speaker 3: YEP, is there really I've already found the link to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that can't be a popular live stream.
Speaker 3: I think it will just be me. I won't need to worry about other people buffering the speed or either of that is just going to be.
Speaker 5: So you're going to wait watching it.
Speaker 3: I don't know, yeah, I don't know what Saturday Night Uber eats. When involved, I will be cheering you guys on and also Gavin Miller from this radio station who's nominated to and a couple quite a few friends of ours as well. But Pats have seen the dress. You're gonna look stunning.
Speaker 5: Karen's done a brilliant job. I'm very happy with.
Speaker 3: Have you've seen her dress?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's actually near praying it's waterproof.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's stunning. It's estab as well, because can she gets a bit rough tomorrow night and she doesn't win or something.
Speaker 11: It'll be at sea World on Sunday doing shows.
Speaker 3: And we just heard that obviously Chris the where We Love God your husband and already they've gone up ahead, but Chris has blown out his knee. It's landing at Brisbane Airport.
Speaker 5: They've just landed. He's done his knee getting.
Speaker 3: His open lugging all your sort of makeup and accessories and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: So is your right?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: She doesn't care. Do you remember when he couldn't see for about two months? She had no sympathy.
Speaker 5: Packed him anti inflammatories if he can find them. Hopefully he's had one.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well listen, say flights up there, Enjoy tomorrow night, Enjoy your special weekends. Guys, we are back tomorrow morning. Don't forget obviously I'm here live again tomorrow morning with the best of the Breakfast Show between seven and nine. Tull of today's show is who puts the Dullard through? Thanks for listening, Have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three