Speaker 1: Melbourne. Welcome to them, Christian No Show Podcast. How yeah, Papa Jack.
Speaker 2: I'm really good. I'll tell you. I'm joyous from all the lovely messages they poured in yesterday to both be Ancho and I. I just can't believe that the the people that listen to the show, how much I really have, big.
Speaker 1: Heart, really happy for you guys, and right now we do. We're looking for good news, especially what happened here yesterday in Melbourne, last two days. You know, people want to reminder of good things happened to good people, and it's amazing news to you guys.
Speaker 2: I was properly shocked by how much of a response we got from it.
Speaker 1: So take us through yesterday. You told us to shoes bombshell. Even Sue the Boss called me yesterday and goes, you knew right when I had no idea. I had no idea, and I think you planned went. I had no idea. We were in the song and he said he had something here, get the Backstreet Boys ready, and I just thought it was some rubbish about our Backstreet Boys boys and night Out last next year and it was to begin with that. But I had no idea. So what happened after the show. You must have seen buzzing you and Bianca.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, Bianca is she's really crooked, like she's had a terrible time of the first trimester. So even yesterday she's going through Like No, She's like.
Speaker 1: Did you know that, Patsy, did you get bad morning sickness?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I did. I got it more in the afternoon though, from four o'clock. No, I'd opened my bullet in at four and I think, oh no, I'm actually going to vomits.
Speaker 2: Is the same way. It's not really morning sickness, it's just anytime throughout the day. So I was getting excited.
Speaker 1: Guys have got no idea.
Speaker 2: I was going to her, you know, like, what are we going to post on Instagram? Tell the world? And she's like, so she didn't really bask in the glory of it yesterday And thank you, Patsy sent a lovely bunch of flowers. The team did as well, So.
Speaker 3: So happy for you.
Speaker 1: Our family tell me this that right, So when you Bianca found out she's pregnant, it was the first person you want to town, was it Mum or Dad?
Speaker 2: We called my mom first because Mum was like she knew that we were going through IVF and it's it's a really tough, difficult and it can be a really lonely thing. Mum was the only person we told him because parents as well, and so she knew we were going in to get the result of had it work or not, And it was a really low percentage chance that we were going to get pregnant, less than ten percent, just because of the amount of eggs that we got, and just the it's not a like it's a great science.
Speaker 1: So hard because what should be a fun, excited thing trying for a baby suddenly becomes in the hands of medicine and doctors and all these sterile conversations.
Speaker 2: It becomes really clinical, and then you're going into buildings to have conversations about like like will you have a baby? Will you be a parent, And you don't want to tell, like, of course I told you and Patsy, but most people in your life you don't want to tell because you don't want to get people's excitement up. You don't want them to worry for it.
Speaker 1: Becomes a thing and then people are going to any news, any news, pressure on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you go actually through it. It's it's kind of a lonely experience. But Mum didn't know we were doing it, so she was ready on the Saturday morning when we were going to get the call about how it worked all night and at the same time last year we got the call to say it hadn't worked, and uh so she was the first person we call and she was honestly, she was in tears. I burst into sobbing something.
Speaker 1: It's probably the relief. She's happy that you guys are going to experience what it's like to be a parent. She knows that you'll be a great dad and Biancle be a great mum. So they call you. Is that what happens with IV if they will call you and give the news. Yes, yeah, I don't know everything, or no it's not.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's a COVID thing. I'm trying to think now.
Speaker 3: If we got calls well, when we did it, yeah.
Speaker 2: Just over the phone. And it's honestly, it's not even your doctor who makes a call. It's a nurse at the clinic and so she to you, you're just someone on a piece of paper. So she goes, oh, yeah, okay, Bianca, Yep, you're pregnant.
Speaker 1: A phone call that literally changes your lives every that's just it's just a phone call.
Speaker 2: Wow, I film getting that phone call as well, so films everything.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize you were even filming yourself yesterday he sat up a camera filming himself, surprising us.
Speaker 3: That's great because it's beautiful to keepe for little baby Jack when he's older, to have those.
Speaker 1: Pressure you know, what was the inside my dad's what was my dad's p ov. I'm really going to need to see this. I want to see it from a horrible radio studio point of view from nostrils. Are we okay? Then? Can we plearn this morning? Because I know you also you actually did record the moment you told your mom.
Speaker 2: I showed it to you guys yesterday.
Speaker 1: Your mom okay with that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Should be fine.
Speaker 1: Oh I'd love to hear that. Thank you very much. Are the people have emailed and texted saying congratulations to Jack and band because well, it means a lot to the The Christian O'Connell show podcast. So the beginnings dropping the show yesterday, Jackie boys have become a dad. Next year it's a little baby boy. Great news sounds already sponsored your son. It's going to be called Chemi's warehouse. Yes, that's the second year, so they've sold the next twenty five years of his life. Each year we have a different name for a different sponsor. Okay, so why don't you set this up then, so we've got the audio of your mum, you know, finding out that her son is going to become a dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, So she knew that. We were waiting for a call from the IVF clinic to tell us whether we'd been successful or not. We were given really low odds both times we did it. We failed last year and uh no, we Biank and I were both not expecting you try and get your hopes right down and not expecting for it to happen.
Speaker 1: So are you managing bankers' hopes? Because women feel so much shame when they can't conceive naturally. It's like their body has let you down.
Speaker 2: It's really tough. So you've got to put yourself in you know, you really got to put yourself in the mindset of going like, hey, we could never be parents, and that's going to be fine. We'll be fine if we're not, Like if that's not but you can.
Speaker 1: Say that it's still hard thing to even possibly accept.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Bianco that was a really difficult thing for Bianca to deal with and go through.
Speaker 1: So was that like to that for you? Patsy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I honestly, Jack, you're talking about this actually makes me feel really emotional because I know it's different for everyone, and I don't want to assume how you and Bianca, you know how you've processed it, which is just why I just can't. I'm so happy for you because I know what this is like, and you're talking about it. It's just brought it all back for me as you talk about it now, and yeah, it is you think, what sort of I used to say? What sort of woman am I?
Speaker 2: If you know?
Speaker 3: I can be a good news reader and I can be this and that and good at whatever else, But what sort of woman am I? If I can't do what is what I was put on this planet to do, is to have a baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Patsy, We're so lucky we had you through this because Bianca actually saw you as a great inspiration for it. And to know that because people don't talk about IVF.
Speaker 1: A lot now, they're embarrassed, they're ashamed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and to know that you and Chris struggled with that made it feel more I guess feel more comfortable about it. I just know what we were going into and my heart breaks for people who it doesn't work for and try, try and try again. I spoke to people yesterday who reach out to me, who tried five times, eight times. One guy had a kid after twenty seven rounds of IVA.
Speaker 1: People don't realize if you don't know what goes. It costs so much money that alone, the time as well, and the failure and what that does to a relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the financial strain, the emotional strain, it's a lot. And we I mean, we only tried twice, so we consider ourselves really really lucky.
Speaker 1: You both do in such an amazing job when you talk about IVF. Honestly, what that does. There's so many people who are at the early stages or they don't even know where they are, whether they are at the early stages, the middle stages. You've been through it. There is so much shame around it, especially for women. You honest see, it's amazing what you do whenever you talk about IVF. And you were kind enough and generous enough to do that yesterday, Jack with your good news, I get so many emails from people who are in it right now, who've been in a long time. It's amazing what it is your from something so hard, but both of you obviously parents it is. It's an amazing gift that you're giving people. You're giving them hope and they need that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think, like I said before, if people are going through it and they don't feel like they want to tell, you don't want to tell a whole lot of friends and family because you don't want them to worry about you. You don't want to get everybody's home.
Speaker 1: This becomes a thing to talk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you don't want them if it doesn't work. Like I didn't want our friends and family to pity us. Like we would live a great fulfilled life if we people have children, but we didn't want people to pity us and worry about us. So if people are going through that and they feel like they don't want to tell their friends and family, feel free to reach out to me. I'll chat to you about it, and if you're going through it at the moment, I'm happy to be listening ear for you going through it, because I don't know. It was tough for us and we consider ourselves so very lucky. So this is to get back to the audio. This is Mum knew obviously that we were going through all that, that we were waiting for the call from the ivy F clinic to tell us that we were pregnant. And this is me then calling mom on speakerphone after.
Speaker 1: That, My mom, how are.
Speaker 2: The guys are working on the window right now? The ak and I are pregnant?
Speaker 1: Isn't it crazy?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: You've got Jack cry now, that is amazing. Thanks for sharing that I'm tearing up here and that I can fill your mom's.
Speaker 2: Joy in with She really was uncontrollable, sobbing. And that's an edited down version of what we had.
Speaker 1: Just a couple of other things. I've heard that a few times now is what's what was going on over in the window, by the way, I remember, she thought, obviously he's very emotional about that window right now. Remember your mom goes what's going on in the window, knowing you, she's obviously heard too much about some small thing you've blown out of all abortion.
Speaker 2: Remember in June I borrowed mum and Dad's car to transport that generator, Oh my god, and smash the whole back of the window.
Speaker 1: So that was that morning she thought you were calling her on speakerphone about that video on a Saturday morning.
Speaker 2: That same morning that we were waiting for the call from the clinic, I was dealing with guys who could do an emergency.
Speaker 1: Repair you life changing events. And also who actually addresses their mom my, mom my mom, how a hey my mom, Hey my host? How my news? How are you? And also I didn't really knowze what big news as was yesterday. Patsy, you need to put me in the news.
Speaker 2: The anchor and I are pregnant.
Speaker 1: Jackie is pregnant. Guys here that they're both pregnant. The Christian Connell Show Podcast