Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to our Friday show. Happy Friday to Jack Post, Good morning guys, Happy Friday. Patsy, Hey, now what is everyone looking forward to this weekend? Today? At three o'clock, my twenty old daughter is having three wisdom teeth removed. Oh no, now, no, I know. So my wife and I just presumed that she would come home and we would look after the weekend, guess or something, because now she's twenty, she's an independent woman. We we spent this. I'm picking her up from the hospital once it's done, yep, taking her to her boyfriend. He'll he'll look after I just drop it off. I just drop you off, your boyfriend and my daughter to the boyfriend, and he will look after her over the weekend.
Speaker 1: What does that make you feel?
Speaker 2: How do you think?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: No, that's that's such a kick in the.
Speaker 2: Kick in the heart, Pats. But it's the right thing. I know.
Speaker 3: She's twenty, and you're going to check with him to see if he's got all like the chicken, little soup and the ice cream and jelly.
Speaker 2: You have a bad already prepared. It's got chicken soup. It's got on aka little capsules you can chew to help the healing process. My wife has made three meals over the next couple of days, so she's like blended it all up so it's easy to eat. And that'll all be dropped off at the door. Your boyfriend will look after things here. I know it's yeah, just drive drive away with you in the river mirror my friday crying something in my eye, and my past is driving further away from me as I drive to a real great future on my Friday.
Speaker 3: Now, you've got another daughter at home.
Speaker 2: She's on her way, aren't they. They're all going she's half way. They're all going jack after home. Yeah, they're not flying the nest, so not an empty nest. You know what I'm doing. I'm launching birds. Oh I said that to my wife. The other said, let's not talk about the empty nest anymore. That language is destructive. We're launching birds. She went, Chris, to stop it.
Speaker 3: You want you want the birds to fly. They don't want the birds are saying the nest the whole time.
Speaker 2: You got your wings, You got your wings. I just drop you off at your boyfriend here. Just unpaid uber working. That's Friday night. Nothing upset about this. It's great, It's just great. Just cry. Maybe I listened to sitting into my fingers on the South Track to complete the scene of wonderfulness. Anyway, guys, I don't want to be down there happy Friday.
Speaker 3: Up to this weekend, I've actually got a whole Saturday to myself because the anchor is seeing friends of hers that move down to Torquay now. And when she said, oh, let's go see him, thought such a long drive.
Speaker 2: And she gets unlucky that stuff because I could say that and I'm still getting in that car. It's never not sure not to go.
Speaker 3: So she goes, oh, well, you don't have to come money, And then I get to do that thing where I'm like, I do want to, but you know what, I've got some things around the house that I.
Speaker 2: Need to do. You lucky, why are you going to do with you too much? I'm jealous, too free? What will you do? You got the whole day? I get anxious. When you get a whole day, you've got to make every second count.
Speaker 3: I always say that I'm going to watch the shows that I'm not allowed to watch. When Biancher is at home, but I don't. I'm so perfect time to do double thumbs up because I need recommendations of what to watch while Biancher is away.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get into double thumbs up next. What are you want to this weekend?
Speaker 1: Patsy much nursing the pup Pup after his operation on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Of course, the giant mega dog.
Speaker 1: I'm in my element doing that because he's my dog, so he gets anything he wants this weekends.
Speaker 2: And you're lucky to look after your dog rather than just drop your dog off a boyfriend's house. Sorry, guys, I keep trying to drag it back to the darkness. Not darkness. It's great. Keep again, everything's great. Independence your bloody wings wings all right? Coming up next to the double thumbs up the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Every Friday, we go around the team. We calld it double thumbs up the things we're enjoying at the moment. So if you're looking for any new TV shows or documentary, there's so much choice out there, we try and cut through. Patsy, what is it for you? Yes?
Speaker 1: Well, I did touch on the territory on Netflix, which is Brilli and it's like an Ossie version of Yellowstone.
Speaker 2: Great cost. I'm going to stop watching it this weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it'll be right in Wheelhouse. So that has been good. Another shout out to to listeners. When I was talking on the show Thursday about Presley having his little procedure and needing the lamp shade, yeah, a few people said go to kmart and get the ancho inflatable collar like you know the woo the whoopie cushion. When you need something for your bat.
Speaker 2: So you can have fights out of it, but you can get.
Speaker 1: One to attach to their collar. That's sort of so if they hit a wall that.
Speaker 2: Can don't go something.
Speaker 1: So I've got one for him.
Speaker 2: Look stress, no, no, no, not at all.
Speaker 1: That's far better than the stiff old Elizabethan collar, which you know, good.
Speaker 2: Way to describe Itabethan collar. That's great but.
Speaker 3: Hard for people to take it seriously when you see the collar. Look, you know that the dogs had some kind of procedures. Yours looks like it's been to the Melbourne show and out of.
Speaker 2: The show.
Speaker 1: Where he's going on a long haul flight. Pillow, but he's a bit of a celebrity prison because when Chris dropped him off for his procedure yesterday. They said, oh we know all about you, Presley.
Speaker 3: We heard you on the radio special treatment, such good care.
Speaker 1: The other thing this week, I've been wanting to bring this to the table for ages and it's taken me ages to find them. Allan's Sweets has brought back the spearmint leaf.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, no, the way she set that up, I thought she had something to bring away, dare you?
Speaker 1: And they are slightly different, They're fatter. Alan's made Broadford, north of Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Please a SECONDA just always reminds you of toothpaste, so I don't don't associate it was.
Speaker 1: I won't offer you one chat.
Speaker 2: I don't know. He's not reaching over past.
Speaker 3: So I'm the same with ice min chocolate. I don't like going with Swedes.
Speaker 1: I love when they bring They brought back some of the classic Aussie rangers like Sherbert is also back if you can get it. But seriously, these have been looking for months. They release them really happy.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm happy for you and people like you.
Speaker 1: You grew up with them. This morning past good luck if you can find.
Speaker 2: Some don't widely available past.
Speaker 3: His version of territory driving around the country to regional towns looking for Alan's show.
Speaker 2: The Christian connell Show podcast. It's the Christian O'Connell show. Jack. What have you been enjoying this week? For double thumbs up?
Speaker 3: We started a TV show called English Teacher on Disney Plus. Happy to recommend it. Very funny, one of those ones where you just like instantly, you're like, oh, this is good. If I judge a TV show by actually laughing out loud in the living room, then it's got my tick of approval.
Speaker 2: Please, both of you will love it. English Teacher, so Finn actual funny sitcom. There's not many around these.
Speaker 3: Days, especially I reckon for teachers and and you'll Lois will love it as well if you want to watch it with her for looking for a new show Modern Students. And then last week when I spoke about Gordi having his pooh, I was going to call him accident, but it's not an accident. It was a very deliberate strike.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was. It was a dirty protest like they're in prisons, but with a two year old boy.
Speaker 3: He was he painted on the walls with what was in his nappy. He was disgusting. Someone gave me a great tip because he's still in ones is his pajamas to.
Speaker 2: Go to bed. He's too cute. But what he does.
Speaker 3: Now is he can he learns to zip him off and that's why, like he pulls him off. So she said, just zip him up backwards. That's what I did with my kids. Can we started doing it this week?
Speaker 2: What a great It's so good. So it's like a kind of kitty street jacket.
Speaker 3: It is a little bit. He's still got use of you, but he doesn't. He can't reach around the back of it, so he's he's back to sucking there.
Speaker 1: You can't cage that animal for much longer.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump, No, you can't cage kids.
Speaker 3: You know what's it's sad. He's he's three in March, and that's when they stop doing the onesies. You can't get the ones as soon as they're over three years old, they don't make them anymore.
Speaker 2: No, and then they go from three to suddenly drop them off at a boyfriend's store. That's sorry, guys. All right, all right, double thumbs up for me. Brilliant podcast. It's called the Rest is History. I think you get to a certain age and suddenly it's a DNA that gets activated. You find yourself listening to very in depth history podcasts. I'm at that age, brilliant podcast.
Speaker 3: The Rest is History, and let me give you another history podcast, then a short history of dot dot dot, and then they just do a different subject every week and you get an hour version of say Napoleon. Really yeah, Sti's on.
Speaker 2: The I'm there at I'm getting.
Speaker 3: You get excited about he was. He was prolific, getting it's gun.
Speaker 2: He was a busy productivity he had he optimized in a warlord. And then the real thing that's brought me so much joy this week. I've watched it twice. It's a brand new Bruce Springsteen tour document.
Speaker 3: All that I saw that I knew you would be watching that.
Speaker 1: Jesu looks good.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's great. Mid seventies, what a beautiful idea. Though, So before he's embarked on this big world tour that's been going on for two years, I saw him an Island last year. They had played together live for a couple of years. It was obviously the world shut down with COVID, and so it's rehearsals of them meeting up again for the first time two band members have died in the meantime Clarence Clements and the Danny Federit Tree and they're Oldert Max Weinberg, the legendary dramas had heart surgery. They're older. And in the rehearsals the songs that you know they're are like half speed and you can see them looking around each other like, you know, this needs to be better with e Street Ban, this needs to be amazing. And it follows them in there. It's like in about four different stages it so it takes it, it builds the documentary does it goes from them almost at a standing slow start, just suddenly they are and they're amazing. Yeah, and it's beauty that on interviewing the band, just how hard it is being part of the Eastreet Band and get this. In the eighties and nineties when he was making it, Bruce's attention to detail was so intense. He would see in every row of every stadium here in the sound kidding no, no, that the band members are like nod in the head, like it went off for hours, which did keep playing for two hours. You'd go and sit in every row and then yeah, doesn't do that now we just go and sit in eight Rows Street band. They're lucky to see us. But yeah, they were like they were like it was a pain in the as because the rest of the play keep too much. And then a couple of hours later they're on stage for like three hours. But it's a beautiful documentary as well. And you can see there's a wistfulness in the band as they are. They're in their seventies, you know. And Bruce said, you know, they have interviews with all the band. They get a lot of access to bruceie boy, and they asked him why do this documentary now, because he said, I don't know if I'll be a live long enough to ever go on a world tour. He will, He looks ripped, he looks but it's really good. It's on Disney Plus. It's called Road Diary. It's very very good. Enjoy The Christian O'Connell show podcast