Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Mildon's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: From Richmond, Gold one four point three HQG. It's Melbourne, Australia broadcasting to the world for a Christian name on the loops on the Lobo Connor.
Speaker 3: No, no, don't go in there for breakfast.
Speaker 2: So stas now.
Speaker 4: Six minutes past six Thursday morning, Come morning. Welcome to the Christian O'Connor Recfort Show here on Gold one oh four point three. Team, what do we think of the raw baby boy's name Archie love it.
Speaker 5: That was one of our boys' names. I think it's a spunky little name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a no need for that word again from the eighties. It's a nice name.
Speaker 4: However, it's a for younger boys. In the UK, it's a common name. Now you get a lot of archiees, but you get to like pay Parks, there's always and I'm afraid it's normally the kid that is called Archie is normally someone that's a bit rough, got his ear pissed at the age of like three, you know, one of those kids.
Speaker 2: There are certain boys' names.
Speaker 4: That I think are that these kids are trouble Kai is another one. I've never not heard the name Kai, not said by an angry mum or.
Speaker 2: Dad Kai Kai put it down.
Speaker 4: Archie's another one, but it is a nice name yet, it's a great name.
Speaker 2: Is there a common name here in Australia.
Speaker 5: Probably lately, maybe in the last ten years, you'll hear more Archie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no one I knew growing up with an Archie.
Speaker 6: But I've got it. My cousin's son is an Archie. A five year old Archie.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, it's one of these newer sort of a say.
Speaker 4: It's so hard because there's so many babies been born now trying to find original names that aren't commonplace.
Speaker 2: People have to go right through that. You have to do so much research.
Speaker 4: Now into these various baby names to try and find someone which in their year at school they're not going to be one of four or five archies or Rosies.
Speaker 5: We took us two weeks to name Audrey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did your.
Speaker 4: Mum or dad ever let you know what you're going than the short listed names they had. If you were going to be a different member of the sex.
Speaker 5: No, not so much a boy, but I was going to be it was going to be my name or Victoria Jack.
Speaker 2: I was going to be Debbie.
Speaker 6: Debbie's a bit like I don't know nice and Debbie sounds to say, Yeahbbie, well yeah.
Speaker 2: That Girta was born a boy. I wouldn't want to go through life as a Debbie Oconnel Breakfast Show.
Speaker 4: It doesn't sound right, does it? It just doesn't sound right? Perhaps what's going on with the TV ongoing? It's like part nine of this story we.
Speaker 5: Talk about it. It looks horrendous.
Speaker 2: I saw the photo.
Speaker 5: It came yesterday and was installed, but they forgot the wall brackets, so it's barely it's like tearing.
Speaker 2: Who have you got to do this? Lawn and hardy.
Speaker 5: They contracted out a group that come and hook it all ways.
Speaker 6: To put it in a pamphlet in your letter box if you need, if you need your lawn moan anyway a TV wall bracket.
Speaker 2: It looks you've got one job, right, you brought the TV. They take the TV that you've paid extra to have it in s Yes, a lot sad. They think it's going to stay on the wall. You've got one job. Bring the wall bracket, smash it into the wall, put the TV on it.
Speaker 5: Go Well, it's like it's on our lap. It looks horrendous. Honestly, you should say it. It just looks.
Speaker 2: Now they've got to come back with the wall bracket.
Speaker 5: They'll come back and mount it, and I'm hoping that it will look less inconspicuous when it's properly on the wall.
Speaker 4: Your husband, Chris has born eighty five inch TV. It's going to be the wall. Seriously, you're opening up an imax.
Speaker 5: Then it should not wipe the smile off his face when he got a home yesterday.
Speaker 4: Actually got to see it, and he's got to now see it and imagine what it's getting me to have a wall that's a TV.
Speaker 5: Can't believe that.
Speaker 4: Nothing, nothing but an or even an average TV show is bead on a giant TV screen.
Speaker 5: You can see all the news reader's moles and is on.
Speaker 3: What's the first program you watch?
Speaker 2: No, it's not the news. What's that trite you're watch in the afternoon when we get back. That's it. That on the giant screen. That's what Patasy be doing.
Speaker 4: We've been giving tickets away for front row sits to go and join Patsy.
Speaker 2: Come on, it's ten minutes bar six.
Speaker 4: It's to Christian O'Connell Breckford Show, or is it the Debi O'Connor Breakforst Show.
Speaker 2: Debbie oh connor Breakfast.
Speaker 1: Show, Melbourne's Gold one O four point three.
Speaker 4: So I know yesterday after you left here you went to go and play virtual golf with your wife.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was actually still arguing over who really won the match. I'll tell you what, It's great fun for somebody. You can't play golf that well and you know you're spraying to the sides and that sort of thing. It's better than going to a real golf course, so you don't have to actually walk through the bushes and go and find you're born.
Speaker 4: And so where did you blase? So people who interest this this, I've never heard of it before. Virtual golf. You just hit it into a screen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this one's called big Swing. It's in Preston.
Speaker 6: You hit a real ball, you use a real real ball, hit it into a screen and the screen then projects what you're where your ball would have gone and you land on the virtual golf.
Speaker 2: Have you seen Andy Lee's one of those. Yes, it's amazing. House got one in his house.
Speaker 4: I mean it's it's amazing and you can go all over the world, so you can be playing like one hole at Saint Andrews and if you fancy going over into Palm Beach in America, so you can literally go across the world in eighteen holes. They're amazing.
Speaker 3: We're at Pebble Beach yesterday.
Speaker 4: Is hitting it into the Particularly someone who can't play golf, you go in until one of the toughest courses in the world.
Speaker 6: I didn't know that is this. Yeah, well that makes sense now because I was in the Rocks.
Speaker 2: And it's just the same way I've done it before, where you've got like they bring you snacks, some beer, there's some menu.
Speaker 6: That's the best thing about it. We could order Peter there as well, ordered a pizza. They've got drinks. It's great fun.
Speaker 2: We should go and do it as a team.
Speaker 3: It would be great. It would be great.
Speaker 4: It's really frustrating, though, isn't it, Because even though you're not playing actual.
Speaker 2: Golf, so you it doesn't really you anything.
Speaker 4: However, you still get into that competitive mindset very quickly, definitely, and it's so frustrating.
Speaker 6: Well, the most frustrating thing about golf, and the guy who runs the center is trying to give us tips, but there's just too many tips to keep in your head.
Speaker 2: This is why I'm much going to learn this.
Speaker 4: Why is it so hard to pick up a stick and hit a tiny little ball and they go You knee, your ankle, your shoulder, your head, basically all if you crap.
Speaker 3: Well this is then.
Speaker 6: This is the button that we were using yesterday that everybody's best friend who doesn't play golf.
Speaker 3: It's the Mulligan button.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't know whether it is where you just have a reset, you just.
Speaker 4: Reset without any penalty and old, old, ancient golfing phrase.
Speaker 2: I love that Mulligan taken through the concept.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so well you wouldn't use it obviously. The professionals don't use it because it's just cheating if you hit it into a bush or into the water when when you're driving it, Yeah, you run over to the screen, you press Mulligan and I'll just reset you where you first. Got no penalties or anything, So you're not meant to I think you're not meant to use it, or I don't know. We used it like crazy. That's why I took his two and a half hours to go eight holes. And that's not walking up and down the course. That's just resetting every time. So who was better between you and wife? This is what I want to ask you. I had forty strokes at the end of eight holes. She had thirty nine. But I only used eleven mulligans. She used fifteen. Who is the true winner?
Speaker 2: So it can she actually swing? As she got decent?
Speaker 6: She used to play a long time ago. She used to play as a kid, so she yeah, but not for many years. But so she's got some inherent skill action, yeah, whereas I'm just using raw athletic talent.
Speaker 4: And as we know now you've gone this new workout regime with a frankly personal training your strong boy. Yeah, so you just punching the bob. It's flying off three hundred yards down the course. Then, to be honest, so who got who was getting rounded less.
Speaker 2: Holes as an average? So he did eight holes? Who had the lower pothole average?
Speaker 3: Ban she won?
Speaker 5: She's the winner.
Speaker 3: She used more mulley.
Speaker 2: This is stopped. It's not a good look view.
Speaker 1: She won the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: On this.
Speaker 4: Day, mystery on this day, all right, Jack Scott, On this day in mystery Today, What happened today in history Jack?
Speaker 6: On this day, May nine, two thousand and six, the two Beaconsfield miners walk free from the Beaconsfield mine collapse, which and just reading over it again you kind of forget how crazy it was. The mine collapsed on April twenty five.
Speaker 2: How long were they tramped for.
Speaker 6: Fourth They're in there for fourteen days. So they were able to get close enough to them that they could put a PBC pipe through some of the rock and send them down water and food.
Speaker 2: And this is what they did. Do you remember the Chilian minus?
Speaker 4: Yeah, more recently the same thing that the first thing they can do is they can bore out small enough hole to get a PVC pipe. And I think they were sending them down iPods because they got long battery life, just to try and to strac them to listen to something.
Speaker 2: But doesn't your mind can't.
Speaker 4: Help but go to those publit when you hear about these stories like that, it's the worst thing of the world.
Speaker 2: How do you not freak out or go insane? Down? Trapped is a harder job in the world than mining.
Speaker 3: Well is?
Speaker 6: I mean a lot of people would have the same fear, but is there any worse feeling I think than that claustrophobia of imagining being stuck in.
Speaker 2: Under the ground, way in the earth, under the ground.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So, I mean they did an amazing job and all the strains would remember Brent Webb and Todd Russell walking.
Speaker 3: The footage of them walking free.
Speaker 4: It must have been a huge moment for Australia. You must have just everyone been watching it every day to see how the rescue efforts were going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that.
Speaker 6: iPod is one of the great good, feel good stories about the whole event is because they requested a certain band on an iPod, they're able to get the iPod down there. They used it to get through the hard times and the situation and then.
Speaker 2: A love the fact this is very Austriian. This is how tough you are.
Speaker 4: You're trapped in the earth, but you're asking for radio requests. They barnzy, are they hearing us up there?
Speaker 6: But barnesy, My question today is who wrote a song after hearing that their music was requested on the iPad? Who wrote a song for them which featured on one of their albums.
Speaker 2: Lovely all Right?
Speaker 4: Give us a call nine four one four one O four three nine four one O four three. We'll take guesses next The.
Speaker 1: Christian Who Conwell, Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 6: Three for on this Day and Mystery on this Day. May nine, two thousand and six, Brandt Webb and Todd Russell walked free from the Beaconsfield mind collapse. They used a song on an iPod while they requested this band on an iPod to get through this situation. The band heard about it and wrote a song for them. The question is who was that band?
Speaker 4: What amazing story about an amazing moment in Australian history. All right, let's go to lines. Vanessa, good morning.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good? Are you well this morning?
Speaker 8: I am excellent?
Speaker 2: That is great news. And who do you think the band is?
Speaker 8: Well, it's my husband's favorite bear as.
Speaker 2: It's a new game. I guess what Vanessa said?
Speaker 4: She ended right, Vanessa, Sorry is just coming out a bit there, just as you were about to give.
Speaker 2: Us your answer.
Speaker 8: Sorry, it was the Foo Fighters.
Speaker 2: Why now we got your lund, Claire, Wow done? What an amazing story. So Jack fit in the details.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 6: Dave Grohl heard about the story that they used food fighters. Inspired by that, he wrote this instrumental song, which is we.
Speaker 2: Heard are there many people in rook and roll that would do that?
Speaker 4: You know, one thing just to do a little video message for Instagram and say hey, good luck.
Speaker 2: I hope they'll get out, and say.
Speaker 4: To actually send a bespoke track to them down there.
Speaker 6: This so it is two minute instrumental track. You did ask why Dave didn't bother to put your lyrics on there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean curing to put some vocals on matter.
Speaker 7: Come out soon, come out, soonds thinking of you, come out soon. This is Dave grow thinking of you.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 3: It's a lovely thing.
Speaker 6: Was lovely and he put a call out to him and said when he heard they got out, two tickets to any FOOI show anywhere in the world wherever.
Speaker 4: Can he help me out with some lyrics to that song? You know we'll split the money fifty to fifty. Do you know I've all the people I've met in rock and roll the nicest man. He came and co hosted the show for two hours two years ago, my old breakfast show. And he didn't turn up with an entourage. He turned up by himself. It was just me and him in the studio. He was helping to do the show, even made coffees for the team at one point. He was genuinely the nicest man I've ever met, so hearing that story doesn't surprise me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and he told you he wrote an instrumental song for you, and it's the same thing he said it everywhere.
Speaker 2: Christian, I'm so moved by I've written this song for us day. All right, Vanessa Weld the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three t.
Speaker 4: The next half an hour. Then we want to hear about the things you made at school. We were talking about yesterday. Patcils, remember she still has. You still have the chopping block you made, which is incredible. And Jack, you missed out in something your generation because back in the day, Patty and I are lucky to be here. We're survivors that came through woodwork and metal work.
Speaker 2: Why are they thinking allowing kids to use industrial lathes vices? I was just a chat.
Speaker 4: I remember we used to get each other's pencil cases right when the teacher in that room, You put them in the vice, go crunch all the pens and pencils and it was just like.
Speaker 2: A laid and that thing you would lower down the drill so then that they're using a Bond movie?
Speaker 4: Were you and teenagers use that? You're only gonna I don't know how I actually survived. I've got all my limbs.
Speaker 6: One teacher looking after thirty students, something's bound to go wrong.
Speaker 2: It does how.
Speaker 4: We had a very a lot of metal work, woodwork, teach, did you find them?
Speaker 2: It was an always an odd person that did that.
Speaker 5: Oh, we had the grumpy at Mister Suffield was out Woodwick.
Speaker 2: We had mister Pearson and he would just disappear. Go all right, kids, you know what you doing today? I just need to nip off. I don't know why. We would go and go and drink half bottle whiskey and go and getting a hedge or something.
Speaker 4: Hide from us. We never saw him. Occasionally he would do a quiz. He was He was a big There was a British TV show called Minder on during the eighties, right, and he was a massive fan of it. Some mornings we always had him on Thursday morning at half night. He would simply do a quiz about last night's Minder episode. That was quite a sort of Risky TV show. He was so inappropriate as well with his comments.
Speaker 2: He would say the girl's signs as well, you look pretty fresh today. Anyway, I need to.
Speaker 4: Go out again and do some stuff. I'll be back in a bit and then just buger off. So anyway, I want to hear you in the next half and hour what you made at school. Kush and I had Patsy talking towards the end of yesterday's show about her chopping board. My mum still uses a brown and yellow tea cozy that I knitted in year seven. It's ugly, but she loves it. I'm looking at She's got a photo of it here. It's in a Hawthorne color. So I don't know if this is an official merchandise. Now you can buy a Hawk's tea cozy in the day of tea bags. I find it surprise and this was not Bend years ago. Big hugs to you in the team and your hugs return. Thank you for that tea cozies. You don't get a lot of tea cozies anymore, do you do. People use tea pots.
Speaker 5: My mom does and she has a tea cozy.
Speaker 4: You're right, my mom does as well for go and my mum's you have property. It's not just one bag and cup. She puts a couple of bags in the tea pot. But tea cozies. We've got a year coming up of the show very soon, which is astonishing, and they've let me carry on this long. Maybe we need some commemorative tea cozies. If there's any ladies or men listen that love to knit that can make us a commemorative on year one tea cozy, I would absolutely love that. Even we just had one of them to give away. Salutations Christian. What a lovely way to begin an email. Thank you, Robin, Salutations Christian. Only do I still have my get this? He's got a whole list of what is loans that you made at school? Tool carrier, letter ac I had one of those as well. I remember going with a letter opener, the brass letter opener that I made my parents, a letter rack as well, and bracelet from metalwork. Also made a piggybank, a toast ripe from woodwork. I've still got a plaster of Paris. I've heard that phrase in Ages creation. I think it was a bad Father's Day gift that I made in school as well. That is actually one of you and more mature listeners. That is fifty six years old. And someone sent me a photo. Please see this photo of furniture I made in nineteen eighty four year ten we still used today. Sadly, I've retained very little the skills needed to put this together. If I was attempted to do something today would resemble Homer Simpson's barbecue. Remember that Rio who runs our socials. Can we dig out a photo of bar great reference? Thank you very much, Greg and Maureen Archer, Thank you very much. Your email lines are open now. Then what did you make at school? Nine one o four three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breck Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 4: Three right now, they were all about the things you made in school. Paul in bazil to good morning. He's not supposed to be listening to Breakfast show, but he sent an email anyway, Good morning, Christian. There's a lot of stuff that I made in high school, actually still floating with my parents' house.
Speaker 2: In my house A rolling pin stool, he made a stool. Yeah, do you make one of those? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Tech Tech school in Australia in the seventies eighties, you allmer I think it was the first thing you made. Chris is still got his.
Speaker 4: My husband, Yeah, A pencil box, a letter opener. Oh, he also did the metallica. We mine was brass. The letter opener his one he fashioned on the knife in Rambo. This is what it's like to grow up in the eighties. No teaching problem.
Speaker 2: That's an ornate design, that large two foot letter, how big is you?
Speaker 4: A postbox, a letter opener fashioned on the knife of Rambo. But the one I want to talk to you about is my gold plated cuff links face facing with the upcoming year twelve. For more, I purchased a shirt that required cufflinks. What seventy enar old as cuplinks? So I proceeded to the metal work room at school, found a piece of round brass bar and proceeded to turn a set of cufflinks on the lathe clean them up, polish them, wore them, work to treat that night.
Speaker 2: Very simple but effective.
Speaker 4: It wasn't untill laughter the summer after finishing school and I worked with some casual jobs. I ended up on electra places for a couple of weeks, who kindly offered to put the cuff links through the gold plating process. This, then, christianstn't an addiction of cufflinks for a guy that owns no shirts that wear that require couplings.
Speaker 2: Paul, thank you very much for that. You said you'd send us a photo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, We're gonna put all the photos that we get there if you've still got any of these up on Facebook over the next couple days, starting now, I'd love to have that go to the calls right now. Things you made at school, Karen, good morning, Good morning, Good morning, Karen.
Speaker 2: So what did you make at school?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 8: I made something to resemble a porcupine, and it was the body of a porcupine, but instead of having little spike sticking out of it, I.
Speaker 2: Put the little holes in.
Speaker 8: It was for my parents to put their cigarettes.
Speaker 9: On the mad.
Speaker 8: You know, I spoke in the seventies when it was fashionable to smoke and display your cigarettes.
Speaker 6: That's that's what I made them.
Speaker 8: I think I was in that grade.
Speaker 4: Five at the time. Doesn't it sound curring? Doesn't it sound crazy when you say that out loud? Now, you made them at school for your parents to put their cancer sticks in.
Speaker 10: That's right, exactly, right, yeah.
Speaker 4: I remember, yeah, I remember our local news when I was growing up, there used to be an anchormand do you remember your local news guy? Everyone remembers the local news guy was called fred Diinige.
Speaker 2: And he had an ashtray with like a smoldering cigarette on the go as he did the sports news and occasionally they cut back to him for a vet and he did me flicking out going anyway Portsmouth and there were no complaints.
Speaker 3: It was us.
Speaker 2: You'd see presenter smoking even on chat shows. Is that crazy?
Speaker 4: Very crazy?
Speaker 2: Karen? Thanks you take care of a good day, all right, David.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Christian?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good David, Welcome to the show. What did you make at schoolmate? Six foot step ladder?
Speaker 2: Is this a metal work? No timmer timber? You made a wood ladder?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 4: How would you make a wood ladder? What you like with the downs the rungs, cut the cut, the cut the rungs. You do a trench into the into the rails for the rungs.
Speaker 8: Hinge on the back wrote for the to stop them from fort flying out again.
Speaker 4: What were they thinking at school getting kids to build ladders?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: The margin of area here is pretty big, a six foot one as well, not like a little one, a six ft letter as well.
Speaker 2: Do you still own this? Yeah, it still do and it still works. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry that I was fighting talk Christian.
Speaker 5: Do you remember what you got for it? What grade?
Speaker 2: No? No, that was back in the seventy so yeah, yeah, anything of the seventies.
Speaker 4: All right, David, thanks you cool matellry.
Speaker 3: They have a good day.
Speaker 2: Thank you. He's really proud of that ladder.
Speaker 4: All right, keep the course coming. Then, what you made at school? Nine four one four, one oh four three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, Christian, I made ninja throwing stars in metal work at school. Graham, you are my hero.
Speaker 4: This morning I had a I had a set of ninja throwing stars into my mum found them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember.
Speaker 4: They were banned from my school, along with nunchuk's. You know, you always revered that mate of yours. I had an older brother, was always the older brother, right, Yes, he had an adult magazine in his bedroom as well, and normally had nunchucks and had done some karate. You revered the old watch out Dave's older brother, you knowe my mystical mythical hero. And it was my friend Stephen. It was his older brother Dave, who was a go turned up to school one day, actually walking to school brandishing nunchuks. Work must have got out because the headmaster was like a sort of face off between them. Both were stood there with his arms behind his back, with his legs bread and I remember David Lucy around right now, and this guy was alone, right. I think he's doing a little bit of prison time right now, actually starting that nunchuk thing where they go, yeah, and then just turned around and he never even came back to school.
Speaker 2: That day, just had a day off. There were some kids that the teachers were actually a little bit scared of. They hit puberty like three years too soon. Anyway, growing your hair own, ninja throwing stars again, you don't make something like that a thing that ninja has.
Speaker 4: You can have business making that if you're a kid at school. We're talking about the things you made at school this morning, Kim, good morning, good morning, Good morning came and what did you make at school?
Speaker 2: Mate?
Speaker 4: I made a.
Speaker 2: Swinging doll dolls cradle.
Speaker 4: Wow wee, that's quite an intricate thing a swinging and did you choose that or the teachers say everyone had to make that.
Speaker 2: I chose that one.
Speaker 7: Okay, cheers and rubbish like that.
Speaker 2: And how big? How big was your swinging dolls? Saddy?
Speaker 8: Enough to put it like a baby born in it?
Speaker 2: Oh right, so it's a decent size.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Have you still got it now? Or to get benned?
Speaker 8: I sold it to a friends for fifty.
Speaker 2: Bucks, so that's amazing. I love the as well money. It was all the money back there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with inflation and stuff like that, we work about five million now.
Speaker 2: I should have kept it. Yeah, thanks you call. I have a good day. You're chasing all right, cheers mate, Heather, Good morning Heather.
Speaker 4: Hello, yes, heathery.
Speaker 2: Very good Heather, welcome to a show. What did you make at school?
Speaker 3: A bob?
Speaker 2: What a plumb?
Speaker 4: Is this the thing that plumbers use where it's a piece of string with a weight at the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah it's.
Speaker 5: And I got a bit of mast inded.
Speaker 2: Ah right, all right, Heather, thank you very much? At cool Okay, thanks lot. Didn't get a word of that, poor Heather.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 4: Three time for this. We do this every single Thursday morning. We call it the isolated vocal. If you don't know what this is, just quickly how it works. All I'm going to play is we do this every week. It's just the isolated vocal, which is just the raw vocal track. There's nothing else. Is when an artist, the singer goes and does something remarkable with their voice, and when you hear it stripped back from anything else, any of the other instruments, the guitar, the bass, the drums, or any of the studio effects. It's raw, it's naked, but it's somehow more powerful, and it moves you in a completely different way. You appreciate the song, even if it's a song which you've heard so many times before, you appreciate a totally different way.
Speaker 2: And then we play the song. This is such a brilliant one.
Speaker 4: I've been looking forward to playing this song with you over the last couple of months. It's Neil Finn wrote this in nineteen eighty six, Crowded House, Don't Dream It's Over. We all know that song so many times. It's like an anthem, one of the greatest. I think it's one of the greatest ballads ever written. It's such a beautiful, majestic ballad. But have a listened to this Nil Finn, the isolated vocal, Don't dream it's over.
Speaker 11: There is freedom within, there is freedom without. Try to catch the dell you Gin and pepper Cup.
Speaker 2: There's a battle here.
Speaker 11: Many battles are last, but you'll never see the end of the road.
Speaker 3: While you're traveling with me.
Speaker 11: Don't dream it's over. When the world comes in, there come there, come to blue up between us.
Speaker 4: We know there were.
Speaker 2: Will such a great brand. Credit House. Don't dream It's over.
Speaker 4: The sweeks isolated vocal Neil Finn from nineteen eighty six. I kept staring at Wikipedia think and there's no way that's eighty six. So I thought it was mid nineties when they're really at they when they were really at their full force. I didn't realize that it was in the eighties that came out eighty six. I remember in when Credit House did that Farewell to the World show, that very famous final farewell show they did in the Footsteps of Sydney Oprouse.
Speaker 2: I think it was ninety five or ninety six. I remember trying to save money to come out to Australia to see that, but I couldn't get enough coin together. I remember being so jealous when you saw it on the news.
Speaker 4: I think it was like someone between one hundred thousand and quarter of a million people there, some of you actually may have actually made it to that amazing gig. I can't wait to see what Neil Fin's like with Credit House when they're over later on this year. Apparently he's made such a difference to how they sound anyway.
Speaker 5: With Fleetwood, Yeah, sorry, yeah.
Speaker 2: With Fleetwood Maca. I can't wait for that. Right now.
Speaker 4: I've touched on this a couple of times, and now we really need to actually dedicate some time on the show to this. About what you do in the shower. I was stunned when I found out that a lot of you like to have a beer in the shower, including you, Jack yep, right. And then now you're talking about sitting in the shower.
Speaker 3: Well, I thought that.
Speaker 6: Was more coming because both Banker and I do it. You just turn the water on a bit hotter, and then you sit on the floor and put rest your back on the now glass.
Speaker 4: You only do that in a movie when something bad has happened. And you need to get the blood of some terrible fight and some terrible foe.
Speaker 2: That you've escaped. You do that. They always do that movies, don't they.
Speaker 3: But this is the worst one. Well, this is the would you do that?
Speaker 2: If everything's all right, just go and slump on the floor and ship like that they're doing France.
Speaker 3: So you spend an extra ten minutes in there. Well yeah, it's nice.
Speaker 5: See they're just screams, no kids, and you've actually got time to have a nice long lunch shower.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean for me, it's in out. I mean, Patsy, are you hanging around the show where you prefer like a long bath? And my wife loves a long bar, like a day just in the.
Speaker 5: Bath on a weekend, I'll have a bath. Not through the week, though.
Speaker 2: Well, why I love the rules that we have sometimes for ourself. Why not during the week.
Speaker 5: Because I can't relax. I'm too busy.
Speaker 2: Just switched on ready for news?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's it, always on call.
Speaker 4: Those African street gangs could be up to anything. I need to be ready to report on them. And so the builder that you had, Clintos, he does something remarkable on the show.
Speaker 3: This is the longest.
Speaker 6: He wakes up forty five minutes early so that he can watch Game of Thrones in the shower.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 6: He's going back to he said he's starting again at season one. He gets up at five fifteen in the morning. He has a forty five minute shower.
Speaker 4: It's enough to have. I can't imagine spending more than five minutes on the shower. I don't know what I do in there for forty five minutes. And then what's he watching it on?
Speaker 3: On his phone? So he propped it up on.
Speaker 4: One of the worst, most dramatic and big panoramic TV shows on a soap bar screen on his phone in the shower?
Speaker 2: Is he stood?
Speaker 3: He stood?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he stood a half each episode. None of this makes sense. What's he doing in there?
Speaker 3: We don't have to talk to him. I don't know if he stood or sat down.
Speaker 4: It's remarkable, all right, So what do you do in the shower? I just presume that people washed themselves and got out of there. I didn't realize that people are hanging around in that unnecessarily. Now, watching TV is the biscuit, But what do you do in the shower? Nine four one four one four three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 4: Three Home of the fifty thousand dollars phone Frenzy. After nine o'clock this morning, you listen out for another song and when you hear he can get on my contacts list. Tomorrow morning there's another five thousand dollars phone call being made just after eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: Will we get another winner like last week's biggest winner I've ever known in my life. It was an.
Speaker 4: Insane, amazing call last week. I even love Norman.
Speaker 2: I can't stand it when when I hear my voice on the promos and oh but I love hearing that one way it's her because it's almost operatic. It's like Pavarotti of winners.
Speaker 3: Her screen did turn into a beautifully held, pitched aria.
Speaker 2: It was an aria.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we're talking this morning about the things you do in the shower, Christian. As a woman, I multitask. I clean the shower. What's I'm also.
Speaker 2: Doing my hair? What's the word here? Is it mask? Mask?
Speaker 5: Tree mask on your face?
Speaker 2: Yeah? She says, yes, oh hear mask.
Speaker 5: That's like a deep conditioning treatment for your here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, okay, what's the difference between just a conditioner, of which they are about a thousand in every single supermarket.
Speaker 3: Probably about ninety dollars worth of.
Speaker 5: Okay, and it's more moisturizing, of course, Christian.
Speaker 2: I sit on the floor and eat a.
Speaker 4: Bowl of cereal propped on a shampoo bottle with the water on my back.
Speaker 2: It's incredible this stuff that people do. All right, let's go the lines. Good morning, Karen, Oh, good morning, Good morning Karen. And what do you do in the shower?
Speaker 8: Well, it's not me but my daughter who was in her final year of high school. She would have all of her study notes stuck to the outside of the shower, faking ingwoods.
Speaker 5: Of course, been.
Speaker 8: Hours in the shower studying her formulas for her for her for her math subjects.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, that's increased. That's incredible, isn't it. What commitment to study?
Speaker 8: Try, it's all crazy.
Speaker 4: It's that memento, just all those little notes and stuff like that. Maybe only to that said, so let's still learnt the station text number and the Facebook page as well.
Speaker 2: Have it up on the shower wallow in there.
Speaker 6: But you need to have the temperature down because if you fog up too much, then you're doing nothing where you cup the water and try on the glass.
Speaker 4: You over all those little revision notes. All right, Karen, thanks you called.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Let's got a Claire, Hi, good morning, Good morning, Claire.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show. Thanks you calling in. I hope you're well. What do you do in the shower?
Speaker 8: I have a shower with my dog. He's obsessed with the shower of.
Speaker 5: Scratches on the screen until you feel like.
Speaker 8: It's going to fall down.
Speaker 2: So he jumps in and he just licks all the water on the floor while I'm having a shower. And his shampoo bottle lives in there, and I give him a bath in there as well, so he absolutely loves it.
Speaker 4: Oh, blessed, that is amazing. So he's got his own sort of shampoo and conditioner he.
Speaker 1: Had, well, he doesn't have conditioners.
Speaker 2: He has his own shampoo, and he's got his own towel, so I hang that up with mine. This is too much. This is so cute. He doesn't eat conditioning, right, because dogs have got when they're healthy.
Speaker 4: That coat they've got it closed, doesn't it it's so shiny?
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, he also jumps in the bath a couple of times.
Speaker 4: A day, begging me to fill it. That was water so he can have a bath.
Speaker 2: I tried to get our shepherd dog, a German shepherd dog in the bath and I did that once.
Speaker 4: Absolute nightmare, that big old head. She did not care for that.
Speaker 2: That was one. It took me about two days to clear up the.
Speaker 4: Mess around because you try and tell them down before they do that shake.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's that's the problem is.
Speaker 6: That's what anytime Luna goes shower is the she'll do that shake like she's getting out of a river. Yes, and then sprays the whole bathroom. What do you do with your Doug, Claire?
Speaker 4: Yeah, in the bathroom?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 6: Well, when I finished my shower, turn the water up.
Speaker 2: I dry him in the.
Speaker 1: Shower the best I can. Before I let him go, he bolts for our bed and he does.
Speaker 5: About twenty circle laps on the bed each direction, and then does his rollies.
Speaker 8: And yeah, he's.
Speaker 3: Happy as lowry.
Speaker 4: He's got an amazing job. What breed is this guy?
Speaker 6: Jack Raple guy there?
Speaker 4: Because it does sound like a human, is it's a human in their reincarnated I think, Claire, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: You call brilliant stuff.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one four point.
Speaker 4: Three yesterday on the show, then we had these amazing stories, every single one of them, some of them moving, some of them laugh out loud, funny, some of them funny, sad, both of those things. At the same time. We're talking about what happened when you try to spring called the ashes of a loved one. And I've had so many emails that we've actually got a part two the list, and it all becomes it's all due to the fact that we actually talk about yesterday, this lovely email I got up the weekend about Elvis Presley because I was talking about on the show. Fridrig's a massive fan from Maureen who went all the way over to Memphis and Graceland and Sarah Tistley tried to sprinkle her late husband's another fellow big Elvis fan, ashes around there, but obviously couldn't do it because it was the wrong time of year and the hedges apparently were bear So she went back in the evening and chucked the ashes over.
Speaker 2: A wall into the horse paddock, which I still love. Anyway.
Speaker 4: Some more emails about sp spreading ashes, This one here long email, amazing story about Uncle Stewart. Uncle Stuart was a trucker. His whole family, his two brothers, his dad, nephews, all of them truckers. So when he passed away, it felt right that they would organize a family procession down a highway on a Sunday morning, the whole family in various trucks. Stuart's wife, Margaret, she's in the lead truck.
Speaker 2: She'd made a tube.
Speaker 4: That she was going to pot or siphon the ashes into sprinkle out the window and then onto the highway which she used to love to drive on with his big truck. However, they didn't realize obviously it's going to be a bit bit a windy day, and so they start to blow back into the tube and into the caps that they pull over at a servo, have another brainstorm. They go back out on the highway. It's a bit busier. Now, okay, it's a Sunday morning. You've only got a very quick window. Now it's a lot busier. Studdy about to go for a second go of this. Everyone's managed to because you know, some people come in and out of lanes. They're in their ten truck procession Margaret's still at the front in lead convoy with the ashes she sprinkles and just had a load of bikers the time again a large load of bikers come steaming on the inside and get a face full of ashes, start giving a load of abuse.
Speaker 2: So thank you very much carry Out for sharing that one. Christian.
Speaker 4: My mother, when her husband, my dad passed away, want to sprinkle the ashes on a port Philip Bay, mad king fisherman. Now on a beautiful Sunday morning, sunny morning, she was out with the tourist boat and tried to discreetly throw the entire constants of the urn overboard. Unfortunately, she wasn't an avid fisherwoman and did not check the wind direction, which led to the ashes being back into the faces of the people on the boat who were confused and a little bit scared and their ice creams.
Speaker 2: That's some James in Mount Martha.
Speaker 6: While we're finding out his wind is the biggest enemy of the.
Speaker 2: Check the wind.
Speaker 4: Go to bomb and check the wind. Okay, Christian, love the show. I mean mailing about the place you scattered love on ashes. When my dad passed away, my grandmother wanted his ashes scattered at a tree. Now where my grandfather's ashes were scattered many years before. But when my grandmother went to pick them up, she was told that his girlfriend at the time had already taken them away. We later found out they were scattered at her home outside under a tree where her dead cats were buried. Oh, and where current cats go to do their business. Oh, my poor grandma with us horrified at the thought, and still talks about it now, five years later, about the thought of these cats doing, as she says, their business, right on top of your poor grandfather.
Speaker 2: That's from Laura. And one final one, Christian, I.
Speaker 4: Heard you talking about yesterday about your dog and his ashes. Last year, our little mate Jess of fifteen miear old Jack Russell was so sick we had to make the.
Speaker 2: Tough decision to have been putting down. That's a hard decision, but the right one.
Speaker 4: We were there with him right until the end, and we had his poor Prince ink stamp before his cremation. My son Jordan still has that poor print and he's had it tattooed on his wrist as a little reminder of his best friend. We still have Jess's ashes and some of his ashes and Connor as well.
Speaker 2: He was more than dog. He was a member of the family. Just want to share this with you.
Speaker 4: And also the fact that I've noticed all my kids have now converted to the Breakfast Show in the morning. Listen to you guys, Well that's great new Shelley Frankomb and indeed the Frankom kids, thank you for listening to the show.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Gold four point three.
Speaker 2: That's on a squeeze on one last call, Liam, good morning, good morning, Good morning mate.
Speaker 4: So we're talking about a thing we've had on going this week about people trying to sprinkle ashes in different places.
Speaker 2: And you've got some experience in this, yeah.
Speaker 9: So I'm not a pyrotechnician. I've been doing that for about ten years. And we're doing a firework show on a friend's property and we invited all the neighbors and everyone over and one of the neighbors their husband died and they didn't know what they wanted to do with the ashes, so we said that we'll be able to put some of them on some fireworks and put them up into the air for them. We ended up strapping, yes, some of the ashes to some sixty inch aerial cells, and when the fireworks show finished, we had the family all all standing with us with the remote and they all held hands and pressed the buttons as they sent their loved one up in the air.
Speaker 4: I think that is a lovely thing to do. There's something really nice about that you done it. But was that the only time he'd done that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, We've had requests in the past, but this was just a yeah, it was the only time we've ever done it, and it was it was actually quite beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet all right, Liam, thank you. What's the name of the company. Give them a plug?
Speaker 9: Geelong Fireworks.
Speaker 4: Geelong Fireworks, big up, Geelong Fireworks. All right, Liam, have a good day.
Speaker 9: Thanks right to say up.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Sorr, I forgot I'll have to do something here.
Speaker 4: I've done it, Christian the cat O'Connell cat like reflexes here on the ones and twos. All right, today's that word time washy stuff for you is kitchen celebrities.
Speaker 2: Hmmm, where do I begin? I'll just go straight in Chef.
Speaker 3: Bridges, right, Chef Jeff Bridges. In there, Bridges, do you I've got Jeff Bridges.
Speaker 2: Ah, Chef Bridges, Lady.
Speaker 3: Aga, Lady Gaga too. I've got Ladle Gargo.
Speaker 4: Ah, both mine a superior Grall Clinton, Okay, Quie down, there's good time.
Speaker 2: Who've got bring them up?
Speaker 4: Just to bring back down again, then bring them back up again. Christopher Walking, that's good, Yes, Christopher Walk in the stove, Martin, that's good.
Speaker 2: Reese with a spoon, Reese Witherspoon, Chef Bridges, thank you.
Speaker 4: Back to the top, all right, thanks the crowd, brings on the compound.
Speaker 3: Jack, what have you got, Captain James cookbook?
Speaker 2: What is going on?
Speaker 3: I was waiting for the laughs.
Speaker 6: George Spooney him, yes, yes, yes, yeah, Kim Kardishian and I. I gotta stumble any other worst one?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 3: The guitarists from you two.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no no listen. We don't accept it from the dear listener. All right, well I won't accept for you. Same rules apply. I don't need an essay beforehand.
Speaker 2: Hit me with it. It doesn't work, so it doesn't.
Speaker 3: The fridge the edge from you.
Speaker 2: The worst one, not only from you. What's we've ever had?
Speaker 4: Any?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, it is no you're going in a hall of Hall of Fame where there's just you there with that the fridge for the edge. Don't invoice this place for today's show. For that, send us yours O four seventy five three one oh four three Maurials wearing.
Speaker 1: Double pass the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: For grabs this morning.
Speaker 4: Then another double pass to go and see the brilliant Muriels wed in the musical one.
Speaker 2: This morning's at work time waster.
Speaker 4: Today's kitchen celebrities, some amazing ones coming.
Speaker 2: You're ready to Mark.
Speaker 4: Brad Grease Pit Silver, Mark and Bentley, Jackie Cleaver, Civil plus.
Speaker 2: Nick and Brunswick Westworld done, Rob.
Speaker 3: Low Heat put on a low hits Gold.
Speaker 2: Subtle very good. Helen Inferntry Galley fridge at Bardo.
Speaker 3: That's a bad looking all over for fridges.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Gold, well done, Dwayne the Walk, Johnson Gold Pladave and Croyd And take a bow Sieve Martin. Your sieve is better Gold Sieve, Martin's very good.
Speaker 2: Stu Jackman Gold Denzil Dishwasher.
Speaker 10: Bronze Girl Word done, Elton Tongs Silver plus Dustpin Hoffman Gold, Tina Churner, who's got a bronze.
Speaker 2: Blender? Carlisle blender?
Speaker 4: Carlisle that Kirsty, well done, This is my favorite.
Speaker 2: Get ready, Breddy maguire gold.
Speaker 4: Back in Mountain South World done, Harrison Fork, Harrison for worry about the pronunciation of that one, Harrison Fork, Evan Wilson Civil plus Kevin Bacon and Egg Breakfast Bronze, Kate Whistler Silvil plus, Meghan Strainer Gold, Stephen frying Pan, Steve Uh, Jennifer Coolfridge.
Speaker 3: I don't know the actress Jennifer Coolridge, is it?
Speaker 11: Orae?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 3: Sounds familiar?
Speaker 2: Silver familiar?
Speaker 4: The effort to say the words Beyonce bowls silver plus Sigourney Cleaver silver? All right, So who gets the tickets? Who gets dumble pass to go to Mer's wedding?
Speaker 3: Too easy?
Speaker 4: Breddy McGuire, Braddy maguire, you take the way and well done. Treat your mom to the joys Muriel's Wedding, the musical now playing at Her Majesty's Theater. Book your tickets at Ticke Tech.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize how everything gets booked up here for lunch this Sunday Mother's Day.
Speaker 5: You've just left it till now to book.
Speaker 4: Not true at all, Not true at all, not true, not true at all. I have a gift already sorted out. I've done that. That's the hardest part, Okay, think, yes, sourcing the gift. And then the kids have got there or they it's some sort of fair at school today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've got the Mother's Day stool today.
Speaker 2: Some school you're allowed to call it anymore.
Speaker 5: No, Theeast is calling it special People's Day or something.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're calling it there.
Speaker 3: It's just something like that.
Speaker 2: Eddie McGuire's dropped here.
Speaker 4: If another one of his monthly clangers special People's Day, What a great car that would be from homework, this special person.
Speaker 2: Enjoy your special day.
Speaker 5: Not everyone has a month. Don't care or your grandparents are looking at it.
Speaker 2: And that's what said.
Speaker 4: That's what the kids call me the Cara. I say, listen, please please stick with dad, but they go more care.
Speaker 2: However, I had earmarch.
Speaker 4: I thought the best time to book up somewhere for lunch is yesterday evening.
Speaker 6: No, yeah, I'm surprised we didn't have a half hour phoner about where's the best place to eat?
Speaker 2: I'm setting up here.
Speaker 4: Has anywhere it got a free table twelve twelve thirty, twelve for twelve thirty or twelve thirty.
Speaker 2: For one anything like that.
Speaker 4: You know what you go on to they go book book a table and they go next available table Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Tuesday was one of the blazers. I tried yesterday. I don't know what I'm going to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you try hungry Jackson meccas you Yeah, somewhere.
Speaker 2: Not that special person. You know, special person.
Speaker 4: There is a red rooster that with a lovely beautiful drive through and let's treat ourselves. Let's have it in the car park. Seriously, has some we've got free to heap on about twelve.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 4: Three tun of today's show is Parrot Armpits. Parent Armpets is the don of today's show. We are back tomorrow morning. I consider it tomorrow morning. We are definitely going to be spending Sime time on the show. Obviously we've got the five thousand dollars phone call could be you make sure you keep listening all day long, try and get on the contacts list chances every single hour. But also talking about crazy teachers, everyone remembers the name. It's don't even remember, oh that guy who taught you. Remember the name of the teacher. Everyone, if you were lucky, had a crazy teacher. You know, these days, with all the other way that schools are ranked and stuff like that, they don't have zero tolerance and crazy teachers. Back in the day, we all had that crazy teacher. Tomorrow morning, I want to hear your calls about crazy tea each If you want to get in early, email me Christian at goldwei four three dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: Thanks the calls and the text. We'll speak to you tomorrow morning. Have a great day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three