Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms Daily podcast, brought to you by Listen.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: Flex is currently taking view of me playing with my crop with my socks on.
Speaker 4: I'm a documentarian. That's it is. Simply, it is what it is.
Speaker 2: One would think, because I am an influencer, it's me that I want to document always. No, I want to document my surroundings at all time because I know the feeling of watching someone's story from an environment or space you were in and being like you really captured it all and for a fact, for me leaves cater and looks back on my stories as wow, that.
Speaker 4: Was such a fun day.
Speaker 3: I do a bit of that too, as much as you. But you do have a great eye.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: And I really love spending time with you.
Speaker 4: You're obsessed.
Speaker 2: I love spending time with you too, doll. I responded, like you would respond, isn't it true? We roll averse?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Nice do Yeah? Love it? Love it.
Speaker 3: Listen. We're going to talk about whether or not you'd want to be intimidate ted or intimidate ting. I think I would say that from the outset of Sorry, from the outside you're an intimidate tour. Yeah, And I'm not intimidating, But I'm not intimidated either. Perhaps I've been intimidated by you in the past.
Speaker 2: Some would say, yeah, I'm an intimidate tour, but you're an intimidate tour aggressor you're an animal into it. Yes, these are true things. But look, I feel like one thing we all need to work on is the stories we tell ourselves about stuff. I hang out with a lot of people who see the world very differently to me, and it can be quite illuminating how you can be in the same environment and be having a very different experience, and nobody is willing to not meet in the middle but really validate the other person's experience. So like I called mental illness literally, So like I will go on to say, I'm having a conversation with someone who was just adamant that everybody in the room was intimidating because of certain characteristics that they were also just playing. I said, baby, the call is coming from where it always is.
Speaker 4: It's big pot call and kettle black energy. Let's get into.
Speaker 1: Sweat, flex and frooms.
Speaker 3: We're back here on our BS. If anyone doesn't know what that is, use your imagination. If I said BS, what would you think beasting big sack? Thank you big sexy vibes.
Speaker 4: Okay, enough enough.
Speaker 3: I'm in the mood today where I can't decide if I'm annoying myself or loving myself. You sent me a message the other day which was a DM that you got sent. I don't recall this, but about me all right? It was like a week hereo. It's from a woman called Keeley. She goes hallo flex. Can I please please ask a massive favor from you? People are really getting around the politess these days.
Speaker 4: Yea, and I love it.
Speaker 3: It's fantastic. Can you please share with rooms that I had an extremely similar experience the first I got lit?
Speaker 2: Oh, yep, yep. I do recall scanning this one before I passed it on.
Speaker 4: So my apology.
Speaker 3: Reference to a time when I was really young and I was at a party and I got a little bit too close near it and ended up having a little tiny mentee bee ran away from the party, sat in the forest, calling my parents, crying, feeling like I wanted to watch the Simpsons, or like the Simpsons was running around my head.
Speaker 2: Yes, you had two thoughts. One was I'm in grave danger and I love the Simpsons.
Speaker 3: All right, can you please pass this on with Thrones. It was twenty thirteen and I was on my gap year in Ibitha at Navichi show very You, That's big and that show. People cryed those shows. I can be the one to make you feel that way. These two men were having trouble untying their shoelaces from one another and said they'd buy me a drink if I could help untie it.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: I did, and I had another drink and I freaked out. I went nonverbal and only responded laughed. When my friends would say Simpsons clothes, I've got to say, I think it's got something to do with a familiarity. I don't really know what's going on up there. Thank you in advance. So the hypothesis here, okay, is that when you lose your marbles and you're looking for some familiarity in your life, the Simpsons is a natural state of order.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for Simpsons people, but for everybody else who isn't a Simpsons person, what is the equivalent? You wouldn't know because you're a Simpsons person. This is my point exactly. Simpsons people only know two things, outdated references and old shows.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: The Simpsons is still running. I haven't watched it in about twenty years.
Speaker 2: To be fair, did you tell everyone that you're a fake Shrek fan or was that just inter me and confidence?
Speaker 3: Yes, everyone knows.
Speaker 4: Should I say it again?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I feel like what should be a closer, a closer core of your identity is in fact that you're a Simpsons person, not a Shrek person, because the Shrek thing is just a cute little reference. You've barely watched the whole Shrek movie before, but everyone's like, is the Shrek girl, she's the Simpsons girl. People update your references.
Speaker 3: People are Simpsons people is too common. I will powers person, but I like Shrek has some mystique around him. Still MI like Myers, but a real level of mistake and a fantastic voice.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But if when something is like a mainstream meme, can it have any mystique?
Speaker 3: It still does for some reason, It's been going around probably for ten years, Shrek memes.
Speaker 2: I want to understand because now people think I'm a Shrek person. I'm like, babes, that's not even me. I've not even seen it before. That's an issue with proximity yeah, that's number one. But the proximity to you. Now people are trying to emerge the brands they love Shrek. No, no, no, no, that was not what said.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Let's stop with that though. So Simpsons people, you don't need to identify yourselves. I already know. I'm talking about non Simpsons people. Not to be confused with friends people. I'm not calling for you. Sign for people. I'm not calling for.
Speaker 3: You, oh sign feels it.
Speaker 2: No, the Futurama people, the South Park people, I'm not calling for you.
Speaker 3: You were a future Ama girl, No way, really you give big future alma vibe? Do I really?
Speaker 2: Actually, the thing is, I'm trying to find the people who weren't influenced by children's show Where are You? It's because you came off of Spaceship. Literally, I was a stalk and then a preteen. Stop flirting with me.
Speaker 1: Flex and frooms.
Speaker 2: A couple of weeks ago, I made an Instagram story selfie mode video to camera. Now I don't usually do that these days because I'm out of my ear of oversharing on the internet, and now when I have thoughts, I just put them in the group chat, you know, Ah, I share them with you, but I was like, this one is getting on my last nerves because now that I'm out and about, you know, I'm making sure my name's on the guest list. These days, I'm popping and getting the photo leaving. I keep having a variation of the same conversation.
Speaker 4: Hey do you remember me?
Speaker 2: You might not remember me, but we've met, which I can't think of anything more humiliating than putting yourself in a position to be the forgotten person, because you're not gonna believe me if I say I do remember you, right, because you're like, oh no, like she's probably lying or whatever, or I now have to overcompensate or overvalue the effect you had on my life, being like no, of course I remember you. Now you feel all important for no reason, you know what I'm saying. So that's been grinding my gears. Let's park that, you know, because I've already expressed that. The second thing is I keep seeing this floating around the bloody internet, right justifying why you know, like this phrase like you're so intimidating and that's why you don't get the things you want, or that's why this person didn't do this, or so you're just so intimidating and like la la la la lad. And my thing is it's not a compliment to be called intimidating. However, if someone were to ask you, would you rather be called intimidating or be the intimidated person?
Speaker 4: Which would you prefer?
Speaker 3: Which would you prefer?
Speaker 4: Intimidating? All day?
Speaker 2: I don't want to be the intimidated person. Ill people are so lame, like we're all equal parts of disgusting, rabid creatures.
Speaker 4: Why would I be intimidated?
Speaker 3: I guess. So there's just I think being intimidating is ugly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then being intimidated is like where is your backbone?
Speaker 3: True? True?
Speaker 2: Like stop pedestalizing people. It's really like naive and childish.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're both negative, I guess, but you got to choose one. Choose by listen.
Speaker 2: I think you made your choice. I think you made your choice. Just say the words down the barrels.
Speaker 3: One of my most biggest social pet peeves are people who choose to be intimidating. I'll tell you a story. When I was in year seven, came to a new school. I reckon, I've told you know. I'm at the point in my career where I've told the same story at least twice.
Speaker 4: Oh no, you're aging.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but this is why we're getting near it to get more stories.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, this is what I'm saying. We need to update the back catalog.
Speaker 3: So I'm draining it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, more room Okay, cool coo cool, more room.
Speaker 3: For jelly beans in the lolliger. Now, when I was in yey seven, I moved to a new school and I was intimidating. Fancy school. You were intimidating, No, I was intimidated part of me. It was a premium school experience that I was not used to go in. Everyone seems really smart. We started with an entrance exam to get into the school. Now, it wasn't to get into the school. It was to determine whether or not you would get a scholarship to the show to the school. It was kind of like a Napland style situation. Of course, I didn't get a scholarship. I'm not that good at maths and that's a core tenant of getting into this school. Anyway, finished the test, I was feeling a bit shit, like had really bad anxiety. And then I was walking back to meet my mum in the car. And when I was that age, I was very smiley, probably a little bit too much, like I'd run around people say why walk with the little spring in my step?
Speaker 4: That's sweet?
Speaker 3: Like this such a freak. And there was this girl that was really pretty and she was wearing red glasses and she was with her best friend. I'd like already sparred them out. They're in their car going home, and I looked at them, I smiled and I waved, and they both gave me greases. And it hit different, of course, given I am a people pleaser and an upwardly mobile social type of person cloud chaser. Well, it is what it is, a friend of them in your night via getting my hair dyed blonde, getting finally in the popular group, and who became good and I probably became I was part of the more intimidating group, probably.
Speaker 2: And you made that transition consciously. I want what I want. I get what I want by changing.
Speaker 3: Every fiber of my being and then having crisis later down in life. No, so what I will say, I've been on the receiving end of people who are purposely intimidating. But the older I get and I guess when I'm like living in symphony with my values.
Speaker 4: I love that phrasing.
Speaker 3: I think those people are lame. Yeah, and I don't get it. I get intimidated by them in the moment, But then at the end of the day, I think, I'm so glad I'm not like you. I'm so glad I'm friends with people that are so welcoming, like my two best friends Madison and Eliza are like, you'll meet them and they just include you and are so interested in you, and they remember everything. So I would still choose to be intimidated because I would never consciously want to make someone feel uncomfortable. That is at the core tender.
Speaker 2: This is what I'm getting to the people who say they're intimidated. You're creating an air of discomfort totally.
Speaker 3: And I think you make a good point about the pedestalness. Yeah, but I'm thinking with my values, yes, I would prefer to pedal stool someone and make everyone feel comfortable then in invernal. But yeah, sometimes you must invernently make people feel intimidated.
Speaker 2: Either way, which feels like you know when someone tells you, or like I've been having this thought about honesty a lot because I used to be an honesty is the best policy type bitch, until I realize that everyone is really emotionally fragile and they can't handle it. And I don't want to be that person who's just like traumatizing people because I was told that honestly is the best policy. Turns out you bitch as are liars. So now I just keep my mouth shut, not trying to say too much. I'm trying to do too much, not trying to be necessarily open to make other people feel feel really comfortable. I don't want to do any of that stuff. But what I'm fine is I have so much time to observe the way people interact with each other, right, and so everybody. I was at a party recently and I was talking to this girl who was like, oh my god, thank you so.
Speaker 4: Much for talking to me.
Speaker 2: Like everyone here is like so intimidating, And I was like, what is it about when they're finding intimidating?
Speaker 4: And she was like, oh, you know.
Speaker 2: Like I've walked in and like nobody's really said anything to me. And I was like, have you said anything to them? Like what kind of self concept do you have that you assume when you walk into a room people need to now make themselves available to you. I'm like, don't you see in my head I'm having this conversation because I was just nodding and smiling because who is this person?
Speaker 4: But I was like, think about your self concept.
Speaker 2: When you walk into a space, your instinct is if people don't acknowledge me that they must be the issue you Are you gonna?
Speaker 4: Are you gonna say hello?
Speaker 2: She was just kinda like yeah, I just think it's really strange, like why have this party and have all these people who don't know each other and not put emphasis on like introducing each other or making them feel everyone feel comfortable. And I was like, well, I said hello to you, so you go pay it forward, you know what I mean? And she was like yeah, but it's different because like you were smiling, and I'm like, these.
Speaker 4: Are exactly no no, no, hold.
Speaker 2: On and again, but these are just stories you're telling yourself, right, It's like you're not smiling.
Speaker 4: She wasn't like if anything, I'm like, you fit right in babes. You're giving stone cold bitch like the rest of these people.
Speaker 2: And you're like the same energy that you're observing is the same energy you're bringing into the space.
Speaker 4: It's exact same.
Speaker 2: And to that point, I don't have social anxiety, but the people that I know who do, I'm like, you be the bitches looking people in a space at all times, all my socially anxious friends, I'm like, it's you with They're not smiling, they're looking stiff, they're not getting involved.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, of course, of course.
Speaker 2: You look that way, but just imagine the person that you're observing to be intimidating or like rude or whatever, is just you reflected Because I know when I walk into a space, everyone's like, like bubbly because I'm being bubbly. Everyone's smiling because I'm smiling. Everyone's being open because I'm being open.
Speaker 3: But you also got clout.
Speaker 4: So yeah, but how do you think I got How do you think I got the cloud? Babe?
Speaker 2: True?
Speaker 3: I have seen you in social situations and you have a very good way of connecting with people and making people feel seen. I will say agree with the woman wasn't there, but I totally catch her energy. You just know when you walk in a room, it's a good vibe or it's a hostile vibe. So Sis, whatever your name is, I'm with you. I feel you as a smiley person. I have no resting bitch face, and I get it. You never see me, don't. Yeah, yeah, it's really beautiful.
Speaker 1: This is Flex and Frooms on Kada.
Speaker 4: So I was watching this video that was talking about in and Out. You've been before?
Speaker 3: Sure have?
Speaker 4: Do you like it?
Speaker 3: Didn't write it really not at all.
Speaker 2: I think the hype is something to do with that, because I will say that the chips are quite stale, and I think they're made from real potato and that's the issue.
Speaker 4: But the burger was fantastic.
Speaker 2: And whenever I'm in LA, I'm always run around and around, run out and trying to get it.
Speaker 3: God. I really like La me too. I'd leave there over Europe. Yeah, maybe we should move.
Speaker 4: Maybe we should.
Speaker 3: I've been trying to convince Flex to move to Melbourne, but maybe La is the more logical step.
Speaker 4: Either way, we gotta go. I'm thinking like somewhere Rogue, like Portugal.
Speaker 2: So I was watching this video and they were talking about how it's super odd that In and Out isn't expanding heaps rapidly because everybody's so obsessed with it, and they only open five new restaurants a year, and I was like, that sounds like a lot of new restaurants to open.
Speaker 4: What is that compared to? Like the video was reading my mind.
Speaker 2: They went to say, unlike McDonald's, who opened a new restaurant how frequently?
Speaker 3: For me?
Speaker 2: You should know this every week, think about it. Every fourteen and a half hours.
Speaker 4: They showed a map.
Speaker 2: Of all the McDonald's in the US. It's just McDonald's. I feel like there's more. There's more McDonald's than roads. Every how often fourteen and a half hours.
Speaker 4: Every time you go.
Speaker 2: To sleep and wake up, there's a new McDonald's allegedly allegedly.
Speaker 4: How is that possible?
Speaker 3: Does that make sense?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean I remember hearing this stat a couple of years ago and it was one one a day, So it's the same thing.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess the population's gone up to eight billion billion.
Speaker 4: We made it, kiddies, We made it kittlets. Now the world is even more uninhabitable.
Speaker 3: We did that.
Speaker 4: We did that, queens.
Speaker 3: Oh well that's exciting. Yeah it is, you know, I used to You know, it's a franchise e situation. Is a data guys parents own a McDonald's. You want to say that, yeah, okay, it's a Flex. It was so cool. Really felt felt that was like a serendipitous moment, you know, because I love macas so much. Manifested it.
Speaker 2: I never seen heard you speak this way about anything. Why are you still smitten? Let it go dead?
Speaker 3: Sorry? Look up. Next, I want to talk about Simpsons again. As we know, Flex is not a Simpsons person. However, I am some core tenants of my personality McDonald's Simpsons. Yep, getting near it?
Speaker 2: No, no, myself to it?
Speaker 4: Are you still doing getting near it? Poohoo? Whooo?
Speaker 2: Homie?
Speaker 3: Have you graduated on the brain? Doll chilli?
Speaker 4: We are you done?
Speaker 3: Listen? I'm done with the Pooh humor? Right, turning twenty seven? Sorry, pardon me, I'm turning twenty five, so I gotta grow out of it. Up Next, I want to tell you about a message that you sent me that someone sent you. Again, as we often talk about on the show, people send me messages that they want to give you, yeah and vice versa.
Speaker 2: Honestly happens way more often than makes sense for how often we're on our phones.
Speaker 3: You've got to send me everyone, please.
Speaker 1: This is Flex and Frooms on Kita.
Speaker 3: As you know, because we say it every episode. We are getting near it. It's getting near It's spring summer season, we say.
Speaker 2: Every episode because it's a very new era that I'm ushering threw me into. Because I was ushered by a friend. No, no, no, you ushered by You don't know. I was ushered in by Juan, who is perfectly getting near it. It changed my outlook on life completely. I brought the energy into the space, did I not?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 2: And I'm ushering you into it, and it's worked, and it's worked.
Speaker 3: I must admit I'm on cloud nine.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying now.
Speaker 3: I will say that in my getting near It tactics and in my experience thus far in getting near it Spring summer season, I've been learning some tricks of the trade when it comes to going out, when you're meeting people. I went somewhere with a friend of mine the other day. Her name is I won't tell you the name.
Speaker 2: I just.
Speaker 4: To give too much detail.
Speaker 3: It just happens. I think it's like when your brain's working too slow, but you have to say something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, it was cad uberty appity.
Speaker 3: Anyway, she brings out her well, her purse and she's got this whole bunch of pills, okay, and I think, what's going on? Yeah, it's not it's not a time when we're doing any dirgs. And yet she's got these blister packs full of dirgs or some kind. And I say, what are those and she says, oh, they're d gas and heartburn pills. What are those two things? Yeah, what's how she explained it. Okay, you're going on a date, right, yep. And of course farts built up over the day of the week. Okay, do you part?
Speaker 2: Yeah. But I associate fighting with comfort, so like when I'm in bed late at night, I don't think I'm a day like an errand day to day fighter, really not fighting us.
Speaker 4: At the home actually pop one out. Oh yeah, I'm in the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Sure, But I never forget. When I was in U nine, we went to Canberra.
Speaker 4: We're not doing the tanjet right now.
Speaker 3: I'm going to tell you we went to Parliament House and I thought it'd be so funny if I farted in the lift, because we were like in Parliament House farting in the lift. You're sick, thinking Julie Gilard's gonna walk in this respect to Julia Gillard. I love her, but I just had the mental image, or maybe it was it was Kevin a lot of the time. Yeah, sorry, that's more fair enough. Kevin rud walks in Kevin O seven freaking out with a smell of shite. So I did that, and then actually it was all my classmates opened the door, came in.
Speaker 4: And ill, what's that?
Speaker 1: Ill?
Speaker 4: That would be me.
Speaker 3: I just said, anyway, Degas, how does it work? This is how she explained it. She said, when you need a fart, you get all these bubbles in your stomach. And what Degas does is it makes one big bubble. And I thought, that doesn't sound fun.
Speaker 4: That sounds like an atomic bomb. Babe, that doesn't sound all right.
Speaker 3: But then we ended up going out with each other the next night getting near it spring summer season. Yeah boy, And she said, oh, I actually googled it, and what Degas stars is it makes a thousand little tiny bubbles in your stomach, so they all prick and leave.
Speaker 4: Oh so it's not the one big bubble.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know how I feel about that, because the way Degas works, right, is it just like doing what your body would do naturally. Or it's like adding in some artificial stuff because you don't want to run away to the bathroom quickly fight and come back. There's like a lot of preps for like the potential. I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's well DEAs is technically for is it for people?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 3: Is it for even ibsah? I think it's the IBS community. And yet we've taken it, and you're.
Speaker 2: Taking it recreationally because you don't want to risk potentially needing to fight over the duration of a day, just in case you happen to meet someone you don't want to fight around.
Speaker 3: You've never clearly never experienced.
Speaker 4: Why are you're pointing at me the situation.
Speaker 3: Of getting home with someone it's all going, well, yeah, we've all done it. The next morning you're pissing and you know it's coming, and the acoustics always crazy, it's always it's always on sweet bathroom.
Speaker 4: All right, Yeah, look be hungover as well. Okay, okay, So the degas did work. You got near it, and it was necessary.
Speaker 3: Didn't do a single fart for the whole day and night and morning, but.
Speaker 4: It was necessary to take it. You stand by it.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know if it was like what's it called when it when something doesn't work placebo?
Speaker 2: Okay, but yeah, you look so proud of yourself, you look so stoked.
Speaker 3: I just want to say it worked. I'm not here for Big de Gas, Big d Gas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know Big de Gas is clipping this away and they're like, let's reach out to the girls.
Speaker 4: They're gonna love us.
Speaker 3: Scream capping.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Flex and Frooms on.
Speaker 2: Flex has spent quite a few times on planes. I used to love it, and then, like all things, that quickly changes because we know pain and pleasure exist on the same spectrum, and it's just teetering, teetering, teetering.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it teeters too.
Speaker 3: Far in my pleasure. Ere if you're wondering same.
Speaker 2: What I will say is that I am a creature of habit and a creature of comfort, which is, you know, unusual in some ways, but it makes sense in others. So when I get into a plane, this is the routine. I get in my car, I find parking, or I get an uber obviously go to the lounge. Naturally, before I get to the lounge, I obviously go to check in my bags, I flirt with anyone I can just to yeah, just to like give put a pep in my step. It's nice to start the day with a bit of floating. Get to the lounge, have a bit of a snack. Could be a little avocado toast, little pancake shampers.
Speaker 4: No, behave, that's not me.
Speaker 3: You know that I'm going to do that when we go down to Melbourne soon.
Speaker 4: Gorge, I support you.
Speaker 2: And then naturally I've got priority onto the plane, so I take my time, I sit on and then when they call us, I saunter onto the plane. I take my window seat and then I relax. Today though, or the day I took the plane, I was on an aisle seat, not my favorite because I want to nap straight away. The moment I sit down, my eyes are closed. I'm like a coma toast mummy pun intended.
Speaker 4: So we get onto this.
Speaker 2: Plane and it's delayed. So everyone's restless and really annoyed. And the couple next to me, I love their energy. They let the quirky couple maybe like sixty they want a chit chat. Oh they go we were going to Hobart, you know, like, oh there is like that's a great outfit. Oh, that's a great phone case. Chetcha, chetcha chet But I was like, headphones on, Mummy's going to sleep. I noticed that someone behind us has been coughing quite a bit since we got onto the plane and have been sitting on the timac for twenty five minutes. Now, I try not to be funny about that stuff because if I'm annoyed, it's gotta be worse for the person that's happening to. And I just hope it's not me, you know, So I just kind of drowned it out. Babies crying, drown it out, lad people, drown it out. Not my problem, not their problem. But the couple next to me, they're not having it. They're not they're not feel good about it. And I was thinking, they're a nice couple. What are they gonna do? Talk about it?
Speaker 4: They did that.
Speaker 2: What ended up happening was from the time I noticed at the time we took off was another half an hour. Every time this person coughed, the couple next to me would look back through the gap in the chair to eye them every single time. And it was so uncomfortable because it wasn't like a shady little like you know, roll your eye. They would both turn their whole bodies and look in the crease of the chair, peer through to the person behind, clocked that they were making them uncomfortable. Now I was getting uncomfortable because I'm like, Okay, the coffer, it's bad, it's not great, but you can't help a coughing fit.
Speaker 4: But the glarers, I'm like, babes, what can this person do?
Speaker 2: So anyway, I do a poll on my Instagram story, naturally, because the plan was to sleep.
Speaker 4: I'm um, i'm um, I say, in this situation, who do you think is the worst person?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 2: The person having a coughing fit? Coughing everywhere but their elbow.
Speaker 3: They weren't covering.
Speaker 2: No, this person was like everywhere spluttering, fluttering, flattering, splattering like it was. It was like a symphony of various mucusy cough.
Speaker 3: How did you say that if you're in problem?
Speaker 2: Because I heard it, Like, so if I'm on the if I'm in the aisle, they're in the middle seat, so sometimes they're coughing in my in the gap between my chair, the coughing and the gap between the other chair. They would get up to like I think at one point they were gonna go to the bathroom, but they're like, everyone sit down, So they got up and I kind of.
Speaker 4: Like caught the cough for my peripherals. Then I do my pole.
Speaker 2: I'm like, who's worse in the situation? The person coughing everywhere, everywhere everywhere, not being COVID save like, you know, just making a scene, all the people who won't stop glaring. Initially I was like, one or two glares, let them know, Okay, let them know every glare. After it would have been one glare per minute at that point, maybe one glare per two minutes.
Speaker 4: It was hectic.
Speaker 2: So I did the poll and in the first time in my Instagram polling career, fifty to fifty. Well ended up happening is after one too many coughs. The couple next to me ended up turning around and giving the coffer a mask. Now this couple wasn't wearing a mask, but they handed over a mask. We had the whole plane flight. We woke up and there was a confrontation that I only just caught as I was coming to and the couple next to me were kind of saying, you know what it is, what it is, you know, like nobody wants to have a coughing fit. But realistically, these are the signs of the times it's inappropriate. You should have taken more steps to you know, shield us from it. You don't know who's immuno compromise. You don't know, like we know your situation. You got a coughing fit. You don't know everyone else's situation. You don't know what's happening. You should have taken more care, especially because you kept coughing. If it was a one undone it would have been fine, but you kept doing it with no care for the rest of us.
Speaker 4: It's not a big deal. Don't take it.
Speaker 2: Personally, you know, because they're like, they're like sixtiesh and ain't good shit. They're like a ram. But I was like, damn, Like they got a point. You can't help a coughing fit, but you can create micro solutions around being a discussing.
Speaker 3: How did the person react?
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I heard them kind of because the person who was coughing was the one that tapped them and was like, hey, like FYI so and so and so and so. The person of the coffer was the one who had tapped the couple and confronted them. Oh, that's when I was coming to I didn't catch it, and then as the couple was responding, they were cutting the coffer off from speaking.
Speaker 3: Oh that's no good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was tense.
Speaker 3: Did he end up wearing the mask?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm assuming so yeah, leave.
Speaker 3: It at that. Oh I hate this situation. It's not good, right, I mean as a Karen. Yeah, I must say I was probably the couple don't want to be. But if you want to get to that age, the Karen will be in full swing. Oh, let's be honest. But oh.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of conversations we have about social responsibility as well, Like in this instance, nobody feels like it's their place to say anything because you assume the person having the issue is the person who's going to find that's right. So I know, if I have a coughing fit in public, I'm freaking out. I'm running elsewhere, I'm switching out rooms, I'm going to the bathroom, I'm getting out of there. Not because I fundamentally care, but because I'm like, I don't want to be someone's problem. I don't want the confrontation. It's so much easier to just bounce. Granted, though, being on a plane as a layer of complexity, because yes, you don't want to be running up and down the aisles, but you could have just hid in the bathroom. It's not looking good, brothers.
Speaker 3: Any last words, I've been the coffer as well in this situation. And when you got a cough, you got a cough. I wore a mask when I was coughing, I was also blowing my nose, which meant I had to mass down. That's so cool. But when you're going from Europe to Sydney.
Speaker 4: Got the subtle flex.
Speaker 2: When you're an international traveler, it does, it does happen, it does choice.
Speaker 3: Alas, it could be a good technique to try and get into business class because you can hield you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look either way, it's it's not great.
Speaker 2: But I also say on a plane is where we should be on our best behavior and nobody their best behavior that day.
Speaker 3: Naughty, naughty.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, tune in Decater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.