Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Over the weekend, I was talking about song Wow Friday show. I begged my wife to go on a tree pilgrimage with me. We're really into trees at the moment, and I'd heard about a beautiful Aida tree, a mountain ash tree for tree fans listening around the world right now. And it was about two and a half hour dry from a house. But also I meant we could go on explore Victoria and see, I've never been to a Warburton before.
Speaker 4: Beautiful, beautiful, and I saw you went to the Redwood Secor at Warburton as well.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's stunning there, absolutely stunning. And so the big thing, the main event was we're going to this Aida tree. So after two hours we pull up and there's a sign and then we say that it's about twenty five minutes on a dirt track. Okay, And you don't get a lot of these where we're from in the UK. You have tarmac, there are roads. You don't go down a dirt track. And my wife goes, oh a bit spooky here, Well, they can't move the tree in the middle of the road. It's nature, you know, we it's good on a dirt track. You know, we're in a clugar. It's the car. Be all right, you know, it's twenty five minutes. We're we're driving.
Speaker 4: But couldn't they build one of those travel laders at the airport where the tree is there.
Speaker 3: A gift shop there. We get there and then we see that both of us have got no phone service. Okay, because we're out in nature. This starts spooking my wife. She's like, oh, you know when someone says that, you know it's in the tree. We've driven for two hours and then I suddenly feel like this is what would be said on the documentary. And when they got there they had no phone service, but Christian O'Connell decided that they'd driven there they should carry on. My wife starts, we've got no phone service. What if the kids needs us? And went, well, if they if they need any need an emergency, we're two hours away anywhere, and they called triple zero. I said, you know, we'll be all right. We're in the car. Then it's just a forty minute. What she was on I got these trees everywhere is damn. This brings out the snakes.
Speaker 4: The damn trees bring out the snakes. I thought the sunbury out of the snakes.
Speaker 3: She was then terrified that when we got there near the aid of tree would be snakes waiting for us like a lamp bush. Because the snakes now they're coming cavin. They comment, they're English as well, fresh English blood. I haven't been an Englishman in years.
Speaker 4: They get the high vantage point.
Speaker 3: They smell us, Oh smelling from here with his after shave. Oh fancy. So my wife goes, oh, if you do get bitten or anything like that, I've got a snake kit in the car now, And I went, I did not know.
Speaker 4: This, really, what is it like anti venoms?
Speaker 3: You would think, would you from the snake bike kitch? You would think, because that's what you need is anti venoms. I opened it up. It was a lone solitary bandage called snake bike bandage. And I'm thinking, basically, if I get bitten by a snake, I'm putting that round my neck and just taking myself out. That's the only good that that is gonna be. What's that gonna do when there's poison in my bloodstream? Quick bandage around this and I'll be as good as Girl Dumming.
Speaker 4: If anything is just keeping the poison in there.
Speaker 3: Yes, so obviously we turn the car. Well, I didn't get to see the agent.
Speaker 4: You didn't even get out of the car.
Speaker 3: Five hour round trip. I haven't seen the Aida Tree.
Speaker 4: What a show.
Speaker 3: All I saw was a bandage had a lovely ludgo at lunch out there and a pint. But that was it. We went back home. The kids were like, when I was the Aia Tree, when we didn't, you must do worry about being bitten snakes.
Speaker 4: No one really gets there.
Speaker 3: And that's what I said. Look, we've been here almost four years. I've not met anyone who's been bitten by a snake. They've seen them, they're not being bitten by them. I just asked the eight people that are working on the show right now. None of you, luckily have been bitten by.
Speaker 4: Snake seeing a bunch of snakes. But they try and stay out of your way. They'll see you today and they'll get out of here.
Speaker 3: Try and stay out of your way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're as scared of you as you are of them. Even more scared.
Speaker 3: Now. My wife told me, if you're walking along the person in the front is the safest because suddenly the snake's got Oh there's someone walking here and you've already gone past, and the next person go, oh, there they are.
Speaker 4: No, they're not trying to Life has a lot.
Speaker 3: Of made up bs about snakes. As I've been married to Joe Rogan Neil Young, it's not going to like it. You're splaining snake misinformation and lies this morning calling how have you been bitten by a snake? Because English people just convinced that you've all been bit by snakes and they're everywhere. They're in like duney stilet, snakes are everywhere. I've only seen one in almost four years of living it.
Speaker 4: I think you've gotta be walking through long grass and spook it. I don't be fair.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of long grass.
Speaker 4: What about the dirt track?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then it came to a stop and you had a forty minute walk to get to the Zada tree.
Speaker 4: I think you would have been safe.
Speaker 3: I got that bandage. The Christian O'Connell show podcast, What would you do if you were out the mount and you got bitten by a snake? Are you todd school here? Like? What to do? What the protocols?
Speaker 2: Are.
Speaker 4: I do remember them teaching us something, but I can't remember. I was first gonna say, your friend sucks out the poison, but I think that's from the movie City Slickers.
Speaker 3: You can't be sucking out deadly venom. Otherwise your mate's thing going to be in problem. Both.
Speaker 4: No, no, because so say you got bitten and then I get down on your legs, suck out the venom and spit it to the side and keep sucking it out until all the venom's out of your.
Speaker 3: Doesn't the venom start to circulate in.
Speaker 4: The Yeah, but I could get maybe could get rid of eighty percent of.
Speaker 3: Oh, thanks mine for doing that. He's save me. Guys lines, have you actually been a bit my snake? Nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 1: Good morning Dean, Morning Christian, than God, how is it good?
Speaker 3: We're good, Dean, welcome to show. So Dean, you've been bitten by a snake?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a couple of times. Actually we've got pit ones and by hayten.
Speaker 3: Sorry, wasn't it normally? What's loving about having a pet, Dean, is that that sort of they give you this unconditional love. They don't really attack your but deadly venom in you. What snakes have you got.
Speaker 1: Dean, I'll get a wimer and a python. The wine is the wife's one and the python's me son's one. So we've played the rats. Sorry he's in Hurst.
Speaker 4: Snakes you both got one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's in Hurst. Yeah, so they're different breeds.
Speaker 3: Say your son's got a pet python?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's huge, it's spits seven seven three seven four huge?
Speaker 3: Where does the python sleep.
Speaker 1: In the cave?
Speaker 3: But don't they get out? Sometimes? I'm massive they do.
Speaker 1: We've got lots on them though. Yeah, they're just just curious animals. Originally pretty good. But when it gets a bit of feeding time and we'll clean the snake cage. Yeah, you've just got to be a bit quicker than a bit feisty.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not sure none of us know how quick we are. We think are we snake quick? Who knows? To find out you're not? As you get bit my wife? So when you seem bit, what happened? Who beat you? The post?
Speaker 1: Well, especially the big one for the woman the mississ is one bites me? Just let's go. But because it's it's it's protecting the area. So when you go in there, you're in the truer a tense. Why it's snakes up. It's giving them the warning and then if you keep keep on proceeding and just bite you, let's go. It just gives you warning shots first. But I've got to clean it out and the the Yeah python, my son's one, Mtual's one. It's huge. It just bites and don't let go. Virtually, you've got to put it on the taps. I think it's druand to releases and that's a big one.
Speaker 4: We want seven of foot python over to the kitchen.
Speaker 1: I knew this is going to happen. Yeah, it's a bit of a struggle. This is gonna havep We got to put in the bath just to think it's ground so it releases.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, honestly, I would watch a TV show called snake House just about your house. This is unbelievable, Dean. You're so like Carasual about it as if it's a little kitten that's grabbed a been great seven foot python.
Speaker 1: Well they go bigger, I mean just they were. Of course you get bigger and closure they get bigger, so Pince, oh they do, some of them do, but then they stop growing side But yeah, they get bigger as in broader as well.
Speaker 3: Dean. Thank you very much. Cool. Thanks Leon, Good morning.
Speaker 2: How you going.
Speaker 3: I'm good Leon. So you've been met by a snake?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I did. I was living up in the Hunter Valley in your south well, you know, a great area wine, cheese and everything, and my partner was living young in Victoria and I was on the phone late at night at the back of our property, just in songs and everything, and I was walking around as you do, talking away, and I thought there was a stick on the ground. I kicked it, and actually I kicked a snake in the head. And I didn't even know I was not bit because I can't feel my feet from surgery or anything. But it was a baby brown So yeah, it got me.
Speaker 3: When you say got you, so beat you? And then what happened?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I just went to bed. I didn't feel it, didn't get any reaction because of all the medication I've been on before from surgery. And yeah, for four days I was really sick. In my BOSSC goes, I think you better go to the doctor. And I went to the doctor and she's like, I've you been bit? One thing? I say. A couple of mozzies got me on the foot and she goes, can I have a look, and she had to look at her and she said oh. She goes, oh, Darla, that's she has.
Speaker 1: That's not mosie.
Speaker 2: You've been bit by a snake.
Speaker 3: And then what happened and everything fine?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Well because there was only a warning bite, it wasn't like an attack bite, so apparently didn't stop.
Speaker 3: Today they give you a little warning warning warning by yeah.
Speaker 2: So I was like, lucky I leave through that one.
Speaker 1: It was a briant.
Speaker 3: You're very lucky, Leon, Leon, Thank you may sting a school. Have a good day mate, you two.
Speaker 2: Thanks, take care bye.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast