Speaker 1: Yeah, Laura, come on.
Speaker 2: Ella Wednesday afternoons.
Speaker 3: Hello, love Wednesdays. There's like probably my favorite day of the week. I know I should love a Friday more, Mitch and Laura because you got the weekend, but Wednesday just feels like you're almost there.
Speaker 4: You get that pick me up.
Speaker 5: Vibe, then you're down the hill on the other side that it's a tough two days on the way to the weekend.
Speaker 2: Laura, Brittany Hockley came into the studio. She's wearing a turtleneck and we all go, what, She's got the nicest neck in all of Australian radio today.
Speaker 6: Ha ha, that's not hard. Have you seen your neck whip? Oh wow, that's how the show's going to start. Okay, Well, like we said, only downhill from here. It's actually very exciting, guys. I did get botox.
Speaker 3: In my skull, my neck and my traps yesterday because I'm a twenty year plus headache migrant sufferer, like really really debilitating, really bad. So it took me twenty years, but I finally went and got a referral for a neurologist.
Speaker 4: And part of like a migraine treatment.
Speaker 3: Is they put these botox into your skull, like like not into your bone, but the back of your head, neck and traps, and like maybe I'm gonna have a really skinny neck as a result.
Speaker 4: But the idea is it stops micraining.
Speaker 5: I can't wait for the day that Britt walks in here and her neck's like an aw dentate spaghetti.
Speaker 7: Totally.
Speaker 4: I pray for this, like a little skinny noodlestick.
Speaker 2: It's got a personal assistant that just has to hold her head while she does show.
Speaker 4: That's what I thought. I was like, am I gonna be out it? What happens here? Do I hold my neck up? Or does it just topple off your neck?
Speaker 7: Was great?
Speaker 4: So Taylor Swift, guys, we're all going this weekend. It's Friday. I'm so excited. I'm so deep in the countdown now, totally, we're counting down these seconds.
Speaker 3: But I don't know if he saw a couple of days ago, there were those girls going viral online because they were driving two friends driving to a Taylor Swift concert, and on the back, instead of like painting just married on the car, they painted like going to Taylor Swift, need petrol money, And then a link to a gofund me. Oh yeah, we spoke about it on Monday. Yeah, so it's gone bonkers online and I've been dying to know if anyone actually paid the money. So I've tracked them down. I found them. We're getting them on after the break. We've been talking.
Speaker 4: About and having a bit of a laugh.
Speaker 3: But talking about these two women that went viral last week for doing the fifteen hundred klumeter trek the drive to Taylor Swift and on the back of their car they put a pay id. They put two broke chicks, we need money for petrol, and they literally linked like a pay id so people could pay their petrol to get to Taylor's.
Speaker 7: Direct to their bank account.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, more terrible when we undercided, well, we had some opinions earlier in the week on Monday.
Speaker 4: No one's making you pay it. Just have a laugh and let them drive by. I think it's not that.
Speaker 5: I think it's the audacity to ask and people see that and they're like, you want me to pay for you to go to Taylor Swift when there's so many other things I could be putting my money towards. It just is it's so outrageous to even ask. I think they were trying to get attention and just have a something for TikTok. Now, I have been losing sleep Mitch and Laura because I just need to know the million dollar question on did anyone actually pay them money?
Speaker 4: So I've tracked them down high and low.
Speaker 3: I searched Australia and I have Gemma and Emily on the phone right now.
Speaker 4: Hey, lady girls, welcome to.
Speaker 7: The pick up.
Speaker 4: Oh hello, Hi guys.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, we got to know.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm still I'm so undecided. Like I said, it's either genius or it's terrible. How much money did you make?
Speaker 8: We decided we're not going to tell anyone.
Speaker 5: Where we had to say more than a thousand dollars, more than two hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: More than a thousand ball push by God, so I guess that it would be over one thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: So did you cover all your fees?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: We did.
Speaker 8: We did, and we also paid some forwards.
Speaker 4: So that's very good, did you.
Speaker 7: Taylor? She doesn't need the cash.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 9: We actually gave it back to some of the people that had shared the picture around on Facebook. So one of the girls who shared it to a group that got a lot of news and went viral. We actually sent her some money.
Speaker 3: Well, guys, I actually promoted you and said I thought it was good, and I don't think i've received any Brittany.
Speaker 7: So you said you covered your cost?
Speaker 2: How much did it cost you all up to travel all the way from where you were to see Taylor?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 9: Man, I don't think we're in the right frame of mine to be able to do budget. We're just like, we have to get to Taylor. How much are we spending on full field the tank we have to get there?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jimmer, I want to know who came up with this idea in the first place.
Speaker 9: Oh, it was definitely a team effort. We were getting ready to go, We packed the car, loaded the car, and it was sort of a last minute should we do this for the last Like it would it be really funny if we could actually beat some swifties on the way and like have some cool combos in the drive. So we were like, oh, yeah, quick, let's right chopping up. Literally before we left it about three in the morning, we'd written it on the back of the car.
Speaker 3: Look, I thought it was fun right because I'm like, no one has to pay, you're not forcing it if they do brilliant. But Emily, I know there's been a bit of trolling. What do you reckon overall? Was it more positive or more trolls?
Speaker 1: Look some all of.
Speaker 8: The response starts had and that I've seen, it's been fantastic. There's only a few percent of people that have been negative. But look, even some of the articles and things I've had a bit of a laugh at. They've got a photo of me in a car from Christmas Plant with Christmas presents in the back of the car.
Speaker 4: Look, laugh, I love this.
Speaker 5: It's like they're making out that you've taken all this money and just done a cash grab, bought all these things.
Speaker 7: You said.
Speaker 8: Yeah, look, and that can happen on social media and we're not bothered at always sort of you know, you know, two broke girls wanted to or to a tail Swift concert. Jem I only got the tickets in the middle of tonight on the Monday morning, so only like less than a week before, and she called me. She's like, we got to tell us what.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, someone said a dollar. It was like, girls I broke to But it's been a cruel summer and some of the other My favorite donations were thirteen cents or thirteen dollars of thirtey cents because obviously we know the tail switce number is thirteen.
Speaker 2: Wait, so these are the pay id comments when people were transferring money.
Speaker 9: Yeah, absolutely, but they're like, you.
Speaker 3: Look out for that blank space, don't leave any blanks bases in the paid I mean, this is.
Speaker 5: How you know it's true swifties and that's what's all about, right, Swifty supporting Swifty So funny.
Speaker 9: And I think the best part was when we had people driving past us on the road on the way down that was like waving at us and whatnot. And at one point we took an exit and a car followed us off the highway onto this exit and four girls but out of their car. They were like, we had to follow you off because we wanted to stay hi, and we said.
Speaker 7: You would go on so huge. It's like not even a leader of petrol girls.
Speaker 4: Thanks totally.
Speaker 5: Let's do find friendship bracelets. It's all about pay IDs now, So funny. Jim Att, how was the concert?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 7: Was it everything that you wanted it to be? And more?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 9: Everything and more? I cannot believe it if you've got tickets and you're going to the Sydney shows, Oh my goodness, it is fantastic. It was like, honestly once in a lifetime experience doing her errors tour, all of the old music, all of the new music. It was so good, absolutely incredible.
Speaker 4: Moral of the stories. Don't as don't get right.
Speaker 5: This weekend there's going to be fifty cars driving around that's going to have the same paid well their own paids, but everyone's going to be doing the same thing.
Speaker 7: Now, go fund me is out. You need your kidney, put it on the back.
Speaker 2: You MAT's a bushy and you'll get that kidney in emergency.
Speaker 7: Well, jem I Emily loved to meet you girls.
Speaker 5: All right, Brittan Mitch, I have a big question mark for you guys, after something that I experienced yesterday, and I don't know whether it's okay or not.
Speaker 4: I don't know, and I need your help.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 5: So yesterday I was on a flight and I was traveling by myself, and I got on the plane and you know where you're walking up and you see your seat and then you realize that the seat next door is still vacant. There was a guy on the aisle seat. I had the window seat, and then there was one seat between.
Speaker 7: A good feeling because you go, I can relax.
Speaker 4: I'm celebrating. Yeah, I get to sit there. I get to relax.
Speaker 5: So the guy who's sitting there, he's reading a book and he's quite in the book as I'm approaching, and I had to kind of, you know, nudge and be like, oh, excuse me, that's my seat. Firstly, he wasn't going to get up. He tried to just shuffle his legs to the side.
Speaker 4: I hate that. And I ended up and let someone in.
Speaker 5: I'm not sticking my backside in your face, mate, Can you please stand up?
Speaker 6: No, no, no.
Speaker 5: I kind of just stood there until he got up. So he got up with his book in his hand, and he got up, and I went in. I sat down next to the window. And now I wasn't really paying too much attention to this guy. He was dressed nicely because wearing a suit. It was an early morning flight on a weekday, so I'm guessing he was going for a work trip or something, and he was reading this book pretty much the whole time. But he was kind of angled his body so it was angled away from me, and all I could see was the front cover of the book. He gets up and goes to the bathroom and he puts the book down between us on the spare seat, open on the page that he was just reading, with a card right in the middle. It's a little bookmark, and I kind of just glanced down and I was like, what does that say? And then I read a little bit more and I was like, surely, I'm wait. And then as I was reading, I realized he was reading hard core romance fantasy. I don't want to say the word. It was like eroica. It was more erotic than a Wiels and Boons. It was descriptiveos.
Speaker 3: She goes Wills and booms and like Mills and boo, very famous author. It was about hot breadth and big members and stuff and what was happening to the.
Speaker 7: Purpose was on the cover? Was it a woman on a balcony?
Speaker 4: No, it was The cover actually didn't have much.
Speaker 5: It just had like what looked like a bit of an illustration, and then it was I don't remember the name of it, arty stuff. It looked a little bit yeah, like alternate ARTSI okay, So what's my predicament is? Is it not inappropriate to be reading. And I'm not This was not just like a raunchy part of a book. This was obviously a very sex heavy book. Is it not inappropriate to be reading that in a public space where there's kids and other people around and then leaving it open for me to see?
Speaker 1: Laura, It didn't.
Speaker 3: He didn't put it there to get your juices flowing. He didn't put it there so hoping that you would look down him come back.
Speaker 5: He was Obviously if you're reading that, you can't read that without being around.
Speaker 4: I think so he's sitting out.
Speaker 3: Laura has a sex and relationship podcast.
Speaker 4: Yes, but you okay if you're going to re aroused when you do that podcast, because we.
Speaker 5: No, because we have a sex relationships podcast, but we talk about it, like about the ins and outs of it.
Speaker 4: It's not like you're sitting there now. You're not doing dirty.
Speaker 5: Talk with me, like this was a very descriptive sexual act that I was reading. You only read this stuff for a round.
Speaker 7: You chose to read. You chose to read this.
Speaker 4: The problem is the problems not reading.
Speaker 5: The problem is you reading His stuffs open on the seat next to.
Speaker 3: So if someone like their lunch books open. Did you just go and eat their sandwich? But I do look inside the words of Taylor Swift the problem.
Speaker 4: You're the problem.
Speaker 2: Can I ask, do you read out loud like you're a toddler learning to read? Because unless you were sitting there reading this erotica out loud to the plane to hear, that's.
Speaker 7: Not a problem.
Speaker 4: I disagree. Okay, where's the line?
Speaker 5: Then? Can he take that book and read it at the park around kids?
Speaker 1: But you are.
Speaker 7: Motherhood has knocked you around. Man at a.
Speaker 4: Stretch, Laura. The only issue here is what if he was sitting next to a child?
Speaker 3: Can you read?
Speaker 7: Children can't read?
Speaker 4: It's like fifty Shades of Gray like my grand reads that everyone reads that.
Speaker 7: This is not a problem.
Speaker 5: It wasn't fifty Shades of Gray. It was I've read that book. That book you can read in public. This was a book that I think you probably should read in public.
Speaker 7: Do you genuinely have a problem though genuinely.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just think maybe it's not an appropriate book to read in a public space.
Speaker 3: But you also made a point of saying that the front cover was non descripts. There was nothing on there, So if there was a sexy position on there.
Speaker 4: Then it's a problem. But it's it's you read history and reiterate one thing.
Speaker 5: He was reading what was an extremely heavy page.
Speaker 4: Extremely heavy.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to sound it out for you, and then he left it open and went to the bathroom. Let's read between the lines, people, okay. When he came back from the bathroom, he looked relieved. I was, wow, yes, sir, you've got a potty mouth. You're not well all right? Anyway, I guess it's fine. Read your wrote novels wherever you like, us your jet stuff.
Speaker 7: For well, I mean, okay, let's ask the country.
Speaker 2: Is it okay to read your own book that you purchased a plane with a ticket, that you purchased erotica?
Speaker 4: It's that's okay to.
Speaker 7: Read that saying erotica and pointed.
Speaker 4: I think she just genuinely likes to say the word.
Speaker 7: I agree, erotika.
Speaker 4: Anyway, let us know, are you team Laura or team Bread.
Speaker 7: Or the rest of the world?
Speaker 5: Next on the pickup, everyone, I am feeling attacked by Mitch and by Bret because so yesterday this is what happened. I was on a plane and the man sitting next to me, was reading very hardcore erotica novels novel okay, and I Laura discovered this because he went to the bathroom and he left it open on the chair next to me, which I think was strategic. But everyone's telling me I'm insane, and you read his eye leave it open, okay? But also my question was this because he.
Speaker 4: Didn't want to lose his bad books.
Speaker 7: Maybe there was two and it flapped open.
Speaker 5: It's a book he was at a really climactic moment. One might say, no, he left it there. It was open, and it made me ask the quest, which I've been told I'm wrong. Is it okay to read hardcore and erotica when you're in a public space or is that something that you should keep at home and private.
Speaker 7: Britt, You and I think this is well.
Speaker 3: I think unless he's got it on a podium with a megaphony three in his book out loud.
Speaker 2: I agree, unless he's watching fifty Shades on his iPad, and I think he's cool. We want to pull the nation thirteen one six five, Tina, Is this man in the wrong? Can you read what you want on a plane?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 9: Look, I think if it's just words and he's reading it to himself, then why not?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I'm with you, Tina.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean it's not like there's pictures or anything.
Speaker 5: Maybe he has a vivid imagination though. That's all you need, isn't it.
Speaker 9: What's wrong that you're deliberately looking over.
Speaker 4: I wasn't trying to read it.
Speaker 5: He left the book open on the seat next to me, facing me as if you're not going to look down?
Speaker 7: Where did you want him to put it?
Speaker 4: Close it?
Speaker 7: Kat Hi, you think it's okay? Can you read it on a plane?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I don't think there's anything wrong with it reading it? You're around by it?
Speaker 1: Come on, thank you?
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 3: Do you think the problem is Do you think there's a problem with Laura reading other people's private things?
Speaker 9: I think she could mind her own business a little. It's not he's just reading. It's not hurting anyone.
Speaker 7: I agree. Hold on, look Will and Wood. Can we bring them in produce a grace?
Speaker 4: Let's get Will enough with the pylon. I reckon.
Speaker 7: I'd love to know if they think maybe they've read.
Speaker 4: I want to know if they could read it and not be aroused. That's the real question. You can ask them yourself.
Speaker 7: I love that you've got a man on the show with you. Didn't ask Kim real Man because.
Speaker 4: I believe I don't believe you love a man's opinion, let's.
Speaker 1: Get it.
Speaker 4: I just don't trust you. After you're yelling at me on.
Speaker 7: Radio, they're coming boys getting hello.
Speaker 4: Okay, No, no, I'm feeling attacked. Yes, so you are on air, beautiful. Sorry that you started a little bit early.
Speaker 5: But I have been I've been told that I'm wrong, and I would like some more opinions on Okay. Yesterday I was on a plane and the man sitting next to me was reading hardcore erotic novels like how hard call the book. I don't know what the name was. All I saw was he was reading something, and then he went to the bathroom. He put the book down literally on the seat that was next to me, so it was facing me and open, so Laura read and so I looked down and I was like, oh my god, does that say what I think it says? And then I started reading it. My opinion is that for something that hardcore, it's not appropriate to read it in a public place, and I have been told I'm very very wrong, sir.
Speaker 4: I don't want to know what you think.
Speaker 7: She wanted a man's perspective, so she.
Speaker 4: I got in more men, more men.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, all right, guys, what do you think here? Can you just be sitting around reading that stuff willy.
Speaker 10: Nilly as someone who loves erotic fictions. I'm sorry, Laura, But if there's no pictures and no set, and if I control my grunting and groaning, like I would fully appreciate you to have a guar at me. If I was like getting a bit guttural with enjoyment of my erotic fiction, then one hundred percent.
Speaker 7: You know you're there with the kids.
Speaker 4: I get it that's offensive.
Speaker 7: But if the bloke's just they're enjoying a bit of you.
Speaker 5: Know, eight am in the morning on a virgin flights, there's never a bad time to dip your tawel into a little bit of erotic fiction.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 7: Will's shockingly quiet. What's your fault?
Speaker 1: Will?
Speaker 7: I'm just a little bit worried about what he's doing in the bathroom.
Speaker 4: Thank you, that was my.
Speaker 7: He's just read page seventy eight. He's gone, he's felt some turbulence.
Speaker 2: He thought.
Speaker 10: If he's gone to the bathroom, he's done the right.
Speaker 11: Things more people like him.
Speaker 3: He's just taking a Wii on his flight. I think the problem here, Correct me if I'm wrong. Is Laura looking over soone's shoulder reading the book and being offended by what he is reading.
Speaker 5: Okay, I think you guys are taking it too far. Firstly, but you do not know what he was doing in that bathroom and leave. I did not look over anyone's shoulder. He opened it and presented it to me.
Speaker 7: Well, boys, we better go. We're gonna get out of here.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys,