Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts. You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. We take your stories in What are demos?
Speaker 1: Believe it or not? What are the odds?
Speaker 3: You gotta be justhing me like, were you a Cheryl who married a Hun? Who worked with the Cheryl who married a Hunt?
Speaker 1: As well? Every Wednesday morning we are blessed with some of the most incredible stories from you guys.
Speaker 3: To see what we get today? What are the odds?
Speaker 1: The lines are up and now thirteen fifty five twenty two first emails come on. Listen, John Christian, I'm sending you this email tonight because when what are the ods?
Speaker 3: Is on in the morning?
Speaker 1: Are be on the road delivering nuclear medicines to various hospitals around the city. A few weeks ago, I attended a speed dating event.
Speaker 3: Now I started that speed danger was a thing.
Speaker 1: I intended a speed dating event having to meet an age appropriate woman who might be interested.
Speaker 3: In her little room. You didn't need to say all that. I just presumed it.
Speaker 1: But so that's a clarifying I'd not one people listening to him and go, wait, if he's fifty, is he with a fifty or a forty eight year old? On arrival, I spotted a familiar face. It was the ex wife of a former boss where I worked untill a few years ago. Thankfully we were not matched up. Then it was paired up with another woman attending. She turned out to be the cousin of a guy I worked with a few years earlier. As we've seen each other a couple of times since Christian, What are the odds of meeting two different women who are related to two former bosses on the same night.
Speaker 3: You're right, Johnny boy your eyes.
Speaker 1: Now participating him has got a story for what are the odds?
Speaker 3: Is it a good one?
Speaker 4: It's a caracker yesterday Oh wow, I'm sitting at my.
Speaker 1: Desk, had an echo. Then then it's chuckle. Sister's Tina, producer. Tina's next to her just went hey, she was right next.
Speaker 4: To me so she can attest that this is fantastic. I was sitting there on my phone and I'm on Instagram and my best friend Taylor was first on my story. So I watched it and I was like that's really funny. It was just a little quote and it just said, let's call it a week. Guys, we did our best. And I had a little laugh. I showed Tina it was really funny. I go on to the next story.
Speaker 1: And this is youring work. You say, let's see youre working hard on the show. Not one Instagram story. And the second one, as I said, it.
Speaker 4: Was towards the end of the day. It was just a little I.
Speaker 1: Don't care if it's at the start of the day, end of the day. Should be no tones in the day going on your instant stories.
Speaker 4: Well, look at the content it gave us. Because the next story.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm still looking for it. Where is it? It's threadbare at them.
Speaker 4: So the first one was my best friend Taylor. The next story another friend of mine, Taylor. They're not friends, they don't know each other. Exact same quote and exact same name, exact same name.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good.
Speaker 5: I mean, the quote sharing isn't that good.
Speaker 3: But the fact that they're both the same name Taylor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, joth Taylor, same quote, exact same day. The first two stories, I didn't go any further. It was already good enough.
Speaker 3: It's been a week.
Speaker 1: We did it our best wisdom. What if the hokey pokey is all there is in life? My wife still shows me that one like once a week.
Speaker 3: Does that even mean? No? Don't, don't, don't don't don't? All right?
Speaker 1: So what are the odds We'll take your stories next thirteen, fifty five, twenty two, or there's more stories from producicate them?
Speaker 3: What a threat? Oh, I don't know about you.
Speaker 1: I can never hear enough funny stories about people's Instagram stories.
Speaker 3: I love the people send memes, memes. Oh, mi's so funny. What is the okay? Cokie is all? What it's about? My wife loves that one? So profound? Is she got it? It's a sign in our kitchen as well? Oh yeah, loves me, loves me?
Speaker 1: All righty Linda, Hello, hey, Linda, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Good morning, How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good now, Linda, what is your story about coincidence and chance for us?
Speaker 2: Okay, So many years ago I gave my husband a glass of scott Okay and what you do you know? Here go, here's a Scotch Now. I did not know at the time, and that there was a chip in the glass. So well, here goes, here's a glass. So he drinks the scotch. Blah blah blah blah. Many years later he goes and has you know, turn fifty goes for the tears. Blah blah blah blah. Oh yeah, she's got a tumor. Okay, all right, no worries. So it goes and has it, has his tumor removed. Now they've removed this tumor, and then they've discovered there's actually glass in the tumor itself.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: This is apparently a miracle, medical miracle and been born their lives and you know how you can get glass to the tumor. He got asked all the questions, what have you been doing? You know, have you done this? Have you in said any blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, big question to ask fifty, what have you been doing?
Speaker 3: Well, when did you start? Let's go about to ninety eighty four and then and then get me up to date.
Speaker 5: He didn't.
Speaker 2: He didn't talk them about the glass. And it turns out, and it turns out he is. They use the tumor and everything absolutely fantastically and there's no problems with him. He no longer has a tumor because the glass have been removed.
Speaker 1: And yeah, happy days, happy days, lovely stuff lending now.
Speaker 2: But mind you, it is now all my fault because I put after I gave the glass.
Speaker 3: But you kind of also saved his life.
Speaker 2: Well this is true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Linda, thank you very much your story.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you, bye bye, bye bye.
Speaker 1: I found like a snow globe. You know, it's been shaken up. Yes, Mary, good morning. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Mary, thank you very much.
Speaker 6: How are we this morning, Christian?
Speaker 3: We're good? Are you good? Mary?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 3: All right, Mary, what's your story?
Speaker 5: So my story is thirty eight years ago tomorrow I married my husband, whose name is Peter.
Speaker 6: I also have a brother named Peter. He has a brother in law named Peter, and.
Speaker 3: His best man was Peter.
Speaker 6: So when I walked up the aisle, there was Peter, Peter, Peter, Peter.
Speaker 3: It's water or Pete.
Speaker 5: That was it.
Speaker 2: And when they said Peter, do you take Mary as for your wife?
Speaker 5: They all said I do.
Speaker 3: I love this story. It's britt Mary. That's a great one. Thank you so much for sharing.
Speaker 5: Thanks guys, all right, I have a great one.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Now do you remember I think it's last year similar to that. That one was like a load of Peters. Don't remember the Paul Paul Paul? Oh this cool? Yes, the pools at the barbers barbers.
Speaker 5: A few weeks ago to me, he goes, oh, what's your name? And I said, oh, it's Paul.
Speaker 1: And there was four other people in there, and the guy next to me goes, oh, my name's Paul.
Speaker 2: The barber says, my name is Paul, and.
Speaker 5: The other guy says, oh, my name is Paul. So I'm not one of the odds.
Speaker 1: So I took a photograph four pools and there was only four people in the barbers Paul. So there were four pools in that story. Now by my counting, was it five peters?
Speaker 3: Four peters?
Speaker 1: One day we need to see we can get what are the odds involved? The same name but over four simons us. Now, good morning someone and welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Christian love the show.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Siman, thanks for listening. Now, Simone, what are the odds?
Speaker 5: What are the odds?
Speaker 6: Okay, so footy tickets for AFL upcoming AFL matches went on sale yesterday afternoon. My husband and I divide and conquer the games that we need tickets for. So we're in the virtual Q credit cards at the ready. Two o'clock rolls around. Bang, we're in. We both get tickets to the games that we need, and then we share the tickets with each other via the app. And it's at that point we realize we've been randomly allocated the exact same seats for two different matches. Oh wow, two tickets at the MS to two different games at the MCG, in the same bay, the same row, and the same two seats.
Speaker 3: I mean, what over one hundred thousand seats at the MCG.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 3: Yep, this is huge. And also it's our first ever sporting the odds. I believe. That's incredible.
Speaker 6: That's that's a takeaway from me for today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, love it. Thank you very much, brilliant story someone, thanks for sharing.
Speaker 5: Thanks, have a great day and your mate.
Speaker 3: Donna. Donna.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hi, Christian.
Speaker 1: Hey Donna, Sorry you sound up. Somebody's very busy and I appreciate you freeing up time to call the show.
Speaker 3: You at work or what do you want.
Speaker 5: To No, I'm at home this morning. Now I'm at home. Yeah, yeah, oh good. My story is my mum. She won tickets to Paris and she was very excited about buying my little daughter a French parat when we got home, the lovely little bag you know, Parree Paris bat shop. And I opened it up and it was all lovely and tissue paper, beautiful redsalvet piret. And I looked inside and I said, Mom, where'd you get this from? She says, you're not work good. I got it in Paris, yes, And I said to her, Mum, it's made in Australia by French berete that was made in Australia.
Speaker 3: The Parrillians are shipping in Assie made berets. There'll be a scandal over this, I'm sure.
Speaker 5: As she walked out, the staff of sales person that sold it thought looked at her and thought, oh, she's going to get a surprise when she gets home.
Speaker 3: This is made Thunderberg berets.
Speaker 5: Australian berets sold.
Speaker 3: That's incredible, that's hilarious.
Speaker 1: What a great story. Yeah, John, thank you very much for sharing. Enjoy your day.
Speaker 5: I'm very welcome. Have great day.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Podcast