Speaker 1: Laura, Come on, everybody.
Speaker 2: Happy Monday, ladies, Happy Monday.
Speaker 3: You always wait, I wait, It's just the way it goes. Now says hello, Then you always say hello, and then I say hello.
Speaker 2: I was trying to do a stand off there, and I was watching you and I was trying to go second. But you always leave such an awkward, long pause that I have to because for three years I've gone third. That's why I left the pause. I don't want to always be third, right, go do guys.
Speaker 4: I think I command the room. I think with my hello it kind of people's ears. Girl.
Speaker 1: Oh, there they are. This is true, the science behind it.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Well, we spent too much time together this week, and I'm already bickering.
Speaker 1: We had that dinner last night, guys.
Speaker 4: We went on a team dinner last night to the weirdest restaurant. Laura chose it, and that's why she's did you think dinner last night was?
Speaker 3: It was a celebration worked in her for my engagement. It was a beautiful dinner, and Laura did take us to one of her favorite restaurants.
Speaker 2: It was funny. It was a funny dinner. It was an unusual It's just a set menu, and that's why you guys think it's weird.
Speaker 4: Let me, but you see, they don't have menus. They tell you the menu, not a set menu. The waitress hovers over like a ghoul and then just starts yelling out different menu for thirty minutes she was there. She's like, well, the first choice the chef, and they spoke by the chef's first name.
Speaker 1: Might we all knew him?
Speaker 4: She's like, Saint Peter has cooked killed tonight. Was like, what she's like, you can choose four items from Saint Peter's menu or twelve from his.
Speaker 2: Peas pop up wait Saint Peter's is an actual restaurant, and we didn't go there because they're going to be very angry that you're using them as an escapegard No, it was unusual because you had to try to remember the menu and then the set menu that she said, Saint Peter, the make believe chef had to add like an extra four that he had surprised, liked, had surprised.
Speaker 4: As then you changes every day. It's the same. It's based on Saint Peter's mood. So Peter, he could be pissed off one day and you get burnt rumpets.
Speaker 3: He could be feeling the chili, so everything's spicy, so you don't know what.
Speaker 2: You're going to get.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I really enjoyed it, and I thought it was a beautiful time for us to come together to celebrate BRIP. But you know what, I'm never going to try and do something nice for you guys again if it's how I get treated on a Monday.
Speaker 1: Because Laura put it on a company card.
Speaker 4: So Laura, Hey, big show today, pick Up put Down is going to kick it off next.
Speaker 1: We do it every Monday.
Speaker 4: All the big stories that we've all been talking about this weekend brought to you.
Speaker 1: Girls. You are the voice on culture in this country. So are we though I think so? I think so?
Speaker 2: Does anyone else think so? I'd go with that.
Speaker 4: Let's ask no. No, We're talking uncanceling next. It's a big discussion topic. We're going to get to it. Can you be uncanceled? Can someone come back from cancelation? That's on the way to pick up? Welcome everyone, Happy Monday, and it is a Monday, which means we have to do if you can't.
Speaker 1: I have a topic that the nation we're discussing this weekend.
Speaker 4: I present it to you Britain, Laura, it is your job to pick it up, carry it on into the week or put it down.
Speaker 2: I thought you just said the topics that people were disgusting this weekend. I didn't. I thought you said disgusting, No discusting, just then.
Speaker 1: It could be similar if it's a disgusting topic.
Speaker 2: The only thing people are talking about is that Brittany Hockley's engaged that. I'm I feel like a lot of people were talking about it over the weekend.
Speaker 1: I don't want to give the chance to that to be put down. So I'm not going to put that.
Speaker 2: No one's putting that down. Everyone everyone, it's.
Speaker 1: Our royal wedding in this country.
Speaker 2: It really, actually really is. It's the equivalent anyway, maybe at the pick up the sport.
Speaker 4: You should pull a Cap Middleton and just not be seen in public for a couple of weeks. Well, okay, pulling a Kate Middleton does not mean go and get yourself sick.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean that's why she just okay, we're not getting understand that's me.
Speaker 2: It's got awkward for everyone, didn't it well for.
Speaker 1: You too, definitely not me.
Speaker 4: That was called a joke everyone, Okay, sorry number one, pick up, put down, emotional support water bottles.
Speaker 2: Put it down, put it down. I feel so strongly about this. They have gotten so big, they are so the stand only ones with the straw that leak, Like someone explained to me why that is a good idea? And I have never sound more like a millennial in my life.
Speaker 4: Well, when Aussie psychotherapist has come out this weekend and compare fancy water bottles to adulthood safety blankets and saying they help combat anxiety.
Speaker 2: Go to a therapist, go and sick. If you need a water bottle that bad lead to feel good about yourself. Okay, I'm not Grace. Our producer's got a water bottle.
Speaker 3: No it's not. It's not a normal water bottle. I'm about normal water bottles. Have you seen the size of some of these things. They are the size of like from.
Speaker 2: Your fingertips to your elbow, your forearm. You can barely carry them around.
Speaker 3: They don't fit in a bag, And I'm like, why why are you doing it?
Speaker 2: I get that you're hydrating, and I'm all about pro hydration. I'm with you, Britt. I also think everyone knows you're supposed to drink two liters a day. But you don't have to carry the full two lids around with you in one go. You don't have it. It's like you don't have to meal prep your water of a morning?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 2: I think it is three leaders of the day.
Speaker 1: They just keep uping it mate.
Speaker 2: I am drying out from the inside.
Speaker 1: I don't like.
Speaker 4: How you can hear people with water bottles coming. It sounds like the you know, the l gas trucks that used to drive with the gas canisters in the back.
Speaker 2: They announce you here, hello.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Moving on, picking up or putting down, Sending a text message that quite simply just reads sure, what's.
Speaker 2: This off the back of me? Take this so serious?
Speaker 1: A Twitter debate has been sparked.
Speaker 4: Of course, whether or not writing sure as a reply to a question or a conversation on text is passive aggressive. So if you say, hey, are you all good? If we split the bill for dinner tonight?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: I think in a text, sure is a very obvious way of saying I'm going to agree with you, but I don't actually sure.
Speaker 2: I don't actually believe in It also depends, It depends on who it's coming from. It depends on the context, like, are you dating this person and you've like you're having a fight or a bit of a disagreement, and they're written, Sure, it's really condescending. But I think that some people just don't have this awareness around what they sound like through text.
Speaker 4: I agree, But you're a trained actress. Can you give us two different readings of sure? One passive aggressive and one kind?
Speaker 2: Am I allowed to throw an extra word in? No, it's got to be short. Okay, it's got to be the one word. Okay, so passive aggressive, sure, nice? Sure, different.
Speaker 4: All that time and at that moment and finally pick up put down Ellen DeGeneres being uncanceled and making a comeback.
Speaker 2: I don't want to comment on this until i've seen the comeback. Oh okay, we can't be that Switzerland. I don't want to be canceled for saying I don't look. I don't want to necessarily bring her back. But I'm all for people who not for everything. I think there's some things that are like so heinous that they're cancellable. But I do think that in time, people should be able to have a redemption story depending on what they've done in the first place.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, she's sixty six.
Speaker 4: She's decided she's had a couple of years after being canceled for fostering a toxic work environment. She's announced Ellen's Last stand Up, which is a two hour starting next week in the US.
Speaker 1: She's going to tell her story. But that's the thing.
Speaker 4: Are do we allow these people to tell their story after what they did?
Speaker 2: I think we do?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it depends on what it is. I mean, she didn't she didn't hit anyone, shouldn't murder anyone, she didn't abuse anyone.
Speaker 3: I don't know army hammer, you know, like the whole cannibalism thing. I don't think you make a comeback when you eat people. No, but I think did he actually eat someone?
Speaker 2: I think he just sent some really like inappropriate eaty texts. He did a lot of he did bad thing.
Speaker 1: Sure, how that makes it?
Speaker 2: We're all getting get it Next.
Speaker 1: We've got some cash up for grabs.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we're doing winter warmers. Thanks to Target. We've got the perfect treat for.
Speaker 2: You all this winter. All you have to do is call up pick a box.
Speaker 3: We've got five boxes here and you could win up to twelve hundred dollars to spend.
Speaker 4: A Target and give us a buzz here at pickup. We'll do it next. One of our favorite things we got to do on the show, guys, other than arguing, bicker.
Speaker 2: Give away money.
Speaker 1: We always give away cash. And you're gonna love this. When to walmers winter warmers.
Speaker 2: I love the way winter are warmers. Okay, so winter warmers. It's brought to you by Target. Now. We've teamed up with them and they have given us up to twelve hundred dollars worth of prizes to give away. The way this is going to work is one lucky call is going to get through. We have four boxes over there, five boxes. I like, we've got five box. I've got next one, even even though you still okay, I was looking at the lineup anyway. Each box has a different amount of cash in it, right, so you could win anything up to twelve hundred dollars for you to spend a Target. Let's get into it.
Speaker 1: Target good stuff.
Speaker 4: I saw you girls post to our pickup Instagram with your target picks some Mike scuffs.
Speaker 2: No, I've got linen now and my bedspread currently is Target and it is. You wouldn't it's so nice. My faste jeans a target.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, well let's meet today Kylie. She's joining us trying to win some cash. Hello, Kylie, you ready to play our first Winter Warmers round?
Speaker 5: Hi guys, Yeah, I sure.
Speaker 2: Am, Kylie. Okay, So the way this's gonna work is you've got to pick one of these boxes. They're numbered one to five. We could give them a little rattle. They all sound kind of different, you know, five.
Speaker 1: It's probably the size of like an iPhone.
Speaker 2: Can you do they weigh different? Since they've got different amounts of cash in them? Do they weigh different?
Speaker 3: Like it's not the real cash in there, but there's like vouchers, feeder span.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kylie, what do you reckon? You'd buy a f you one?
Speaker 5: Well, my daughter's just transitioning into a double bed, so I would love to get her some new bedspreads and pillows and doing the sets and things like that. So she's going from like she's turning twelve and sorry, she's turning berteen. So she's going from tweet to a teenager.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm so cute a different when you said she was transitioning, Wow, yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I was going to say, you're going to need more than twelve hundred dollars a new wardrobe, probably.
Speaker 1: One to five. Well you shake some of those boxes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, what's your lucky out of that? Like if you had to.
Speaker 5: Pick, Yes, my lucky number is three.
Speaker 2: Oh, then we already know what we're gonna go with, don't we.
Speaker 1: What are you going?
Speaker 2: Are you locking in three? Kylie?
Speaker 5: I'm going to lock in Three's all right?
Speaker 2: The box is pink, the bow is yellow. I'm just going to open this up. It's beautifully rap. Can I say I feel bad pulling it apart?
Speaker 4: Okay, yep, it's got pink kiss wrapping paper.
Speaker 2: All right, we're down to the box.
Speaker 1: There's more.
Speaker 2: They've really made it quite challenging. It's got a quick game, is it all right, Kylie?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: You reckon? The number three is your lucky number?
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 2: Go buy a lotto ticket twelve hundred?
Speaker 5: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: You want a big one on day one? We're all getting fired. We're not supposed to give the big one away day one.
Speaker 4: Good job, Jackpot, Kylie, congrats big.
Speaker 2: Kind.
Speaker 3: That could have gone anyway, Kylie. But you've got the big one. You really should go use number three for something. Yeah, I mean twelve hundred bucks is pet of target.
Speaker 2: It's not bad at all, amazing, No.
Speaker 5: It's not bad. I'm going by myself a lot of ticket now, yeah, they pick.
Speaker 2: Out number three.
Speaker 4: Hey, like with your daughter's new clothes in the new hall or send us picks please? This is back again tomorrow more cash. Just bend a target. We got four boxes left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're doing it every day this week.
Speaker 1: Yes, we are very exciting.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys.
Speaker 3: On the weekend I put my new fiance Ben accidentally to the test. I sort of made up an Australian tradition that he had to do to win over my family.
Speaker 2: What do you mean you sort of made it up? Oh you know what, I'm like.
Speaker 1: I sort of threw mone of the bus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, cool, let's go to a break.
Speaker 3: So this past weekend I took my new fiance Ben to Port McCrory.
Speaker 4: Do you want to?
Speaker 1: Do you want me to? I?
Speaker 2: Does it still feel weird when you say it?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Does it does it feel like it's rolling off the tongue yet? Or are you just kind of let my fiance? No, it's not.
Speaker 3: I'm always like fiance like a loser anyway. I can't even say normally my fiance.
Speaker 1: As you should.
Speaker 2: I got engaged.
Speaker 3: If you haven't heard, I got engaged, just announced it last week, so it's all very fresh. But I took Ben up to Port Macquarie to see my family because that's where all my family live, like my brothers, my nieces and nephews, my grandmam, my aunt, he's my cousin's parents, everyone. Now, my partner, Ben is from Switzerland, so he's only ever been to Australia two or three times.
Speaker 2: It's only ever with me.
Speaker 3: He doesn't know much about Australia other than he's gonna marry in Australian So I take him up and we're all having a great time and I don't think much of it, and I sort of just make a joke, a throwaway comment about how it's a tradition in Australia to when you get married the man has to go and catch fish for the in laws, how to win them over.
Speaker 2: Okay, So when you say it was just a throwaway comment, how does one's brain even get to the place. So you're like, I just had the throwaway comment where I created an entire tradition that doesn't exist, just throw away.
Speaker 3: It's how my brain works, and it's how my family is. We always like play tricks. But it wasn't a set up as a trick. No one in my family knew about it, right. I just said, Oh, yeah, Ben, you've got to go because my dad loves you.
Speaker 2: Got to catch the fild. It's like, Ben, don't you know you gotta go fishing while you're here. He's like, what do you mean? And I just made up a story off the top of my head.
Speaker 3: I was like, yes, well it's part of and my parents all looked at me and everyone just rolled with.
Speaker 2: It, because lying is a really good foundation for a new relationship, Like it's a great way to forge into married life. We love it. When my when my brother in law j he married my sister. He's from Scotland.
Speaker 3: When he came over, we played this whole prank on him where we gave him a whistle and he had We said that drop bears exist and you have to carry a whistle and if it drop bed drops on you, you have to blow a whistle in his face and run.
Speaker 2: He carried that whistle on him for months. He truly believed it.
Speaker 1: Real what is wrong with your family?
Speaker 3: It was very funny and so I said that to Ben, and we all rolled with it, and I said, what the tradition is?
Speaker 2: You know it's from the when you know it's from the indigenous dream time. That's what I said. That's so culturally inappropriate. I know, I know. But because he had he said where did it come from? And I said, well, it's been making I said yeah. I said, it's been here.
Speaker 3: From when Australia started. Like it's an og dream time kind of thing. So I said, you've got it. If you don't catch fish, it's indicative that your relationship is not going to go very well, because I mean, it's not going to go swimmingly.
Speaker 1: One might say, how are you with creative writing in high school? Because it would have been some great stories.
Speaker 3: Brilliant so anyway, but I didn't actually think he was going to take it that serious. I thought he'd have a laugh about it, yea. So the next morning, at five thirty in the morning. Now Ben is a football player, he loves his fashion.
Speaker 2: He has never fished in his entire life. It's just mountains, yes and got and go cows. So five thirty in the morning he woke up.
Speaker 3: He's never got up there early in his life with my dad, and then my dad stuck to this whole lie.
Speaker 2: It was this whole fabrication.
Speaker 3: He went out rock fishing for the very first time to try and catch fish so that our marriage would go well. He caught seven fish. He literally you could not dream of this. He threw his line into the water first time ever. It was in the water for five seconds. Huge fish. Well he kind of showed you that, didn't he. He was like, I'm good at everything.
Speaker 2: He came back and bless his soul, he came back and he goes, Babe, look how good our marriage is going to be? Seven fish? And I was like, how do I tell you?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: You're lying, so I'm not. He's going to believe for the rest of his life.
Speaker 4: Now. Yeah, if that wasn't rooted in a lie, i'd say that he's absolutely gorgeous.
Speaker 2: But now it's like a terrible tradition that you have to take to the grave. Well, yeah, now he's going to tell everyone, but that's what he is. I tell him or not, I also enjoy that, enjoy that fish dinner, and just get on with it.
Speaker 4: Totally.
Speaker 1: I think that's so harmless. It's beautiful because no one's heard. It's a little prank. Silly.
Speaker 3: Also, it's not the worst prank because like now he knows how to fish and be I know that he can provide for me if all else fails, he can go and catch a fish.
Speaker 2: I did him a favor. I wonder if you're ever going to be in a situation in life where you have to go out and catch a fish to provide for you. I think you guys are fine. You never know LA's going to happen.
Speaker 1: I've seen the ring.
Speaker 2: You guys, your ring first, and then you won't go forage for a fish, all right, Lot