Speaker 1: A Life Uncut podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander people's today. This episode is recorded on Gadiger Land of the Aurora Nation. Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life Uncut. I'm Laura, I'm Brittany, and I'm me and this is our radio show. And it was truly the funniest week I think we've ever had.
Speaker 2: I was such a wild week.
Speaker 3: I took my top off late on the floor, crying, laughing so hard.
Speaker 4: Brit sprayed herself in the face with a can of bottled water.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, when your face cracks open because it's so droned bleeding from pre skin cancer treatment, then you come and talk to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't throw those things around and make us feel that we're bad people.
Speaker 2: It wasn't that.
Speaker 3: It was that we were in the middle of recording the radio show and britt halfway through she's speaking, and as she's speaking, she starts to herself, but she missed herself so much she looked like she shoved her face in Bondo Beach.
Speaker 5: It's actually the sign of a true professional to be able to missed with your eyes closed in the middle of a live Ready show.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what I look like when I get all the groceries out of the bood of my car and try to take it all in in one go, and then I've got like just beads of sweat on my face before how you.
Speaker 2: Guys used it? After I did it? Admit it?
Speaker 6: It feels oh yeah good, Yeah, yeah, it was great.
Speaker 2: I feel very hydrated and luscious.
Speaker 3: Now can I say this week on this show, I mean, we covered so much, but one thing that you both of you organized for me for Mother's Day was a very special little recording from Matt and for my girls. And I love you guys so much. Thank you so much for doing that. And what he said was just so beautiful and so emotional. It's in the show, you guys will hear it. I cried, everyone cried. It was really special motive.
Speaker 4: I wish I could share the text that Maddie was sending me. Is this enough tears? I'm so emotional. I don't know why I'm so emotional.
Speaker 2: Like he recorded a little Mother's Day message and then he.
Speaker 6: Cried, it's really cute.
Speaker 5: It's important to sit in those moments because you do get really busy and run around like a mania.
Speaker 6: Can you figure the little stuff?
Speaker 5: But like just I just really want you to appreciate it. It took us how long, drackon fifty five minutes to catch the kids in the backyard we're wrangling.
Speaker 4: I had to go to the pool and get the pool net and just and then it didn't even fit. It was hard to get by the feet.
Speaker 6: We had to an extra ye pull net for a little potato hair, little.
Speaker 4: Melons everywhere on it. Three pairs of Mondays.
Speaker 6: But we had a big announcement this week from you as well.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like everyone's gonna know by now.
Speaker 4: I would do one more time, make it extra dramas.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I haven't had the chance to announce them on the podcast yet. It was on social media. But if you didn't hear.
Speaker 2: I'm doing answer with the Stars.
Speaker 3: And the reason why this week's episode is so exciting as well as because we've got Sony Krueger on to try and give me some hot tips because I'm truly the world's worst answer.
Speaker 4: And Maddie came on to give you tips, which is odd because he didn't even win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not even a good dancer either. It just shows how bad I am.
Speaker 6: No, but he did say his.
Speaker 2: What did he say?
Speaker 5: I was almost a finalist, a semi finalist, almost a semi finalist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it didn't go well for you, It was better for me.
Speaker 4: He came on and he opened up you. He just wanted to get late. That's why he came on the show.
Speaker 2: He gave you tens. Actually, Yeah, to be fair, I did have sex with him that night.
Speaker 4: Wow works, Ye crazy, I.
Speaker 2: Haven't you know? I have an affirmation king, tell me I'm doing it well, and then I'll have sex with you.
Speaker 5: We have a bunch of other really crazy stories about hotel men and just sucking toes, people getting lost in the bush.
Speaker 6: It's a pretty wooly and wild podcast week.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Plus the body part of mine that I've been missing for twenty seven years but I found in my childhood garage in a shoe ba.
Speaker 6: Which it could possibly be my favorite story of adult.
Speaker 2: And my favorite I mean monumentally fucking weird. Yeah, it's so weird.
Speaker 4: My body part is in my mom's house.
Speaker 6: All right, how do you lose You have to listen, how do you lose body parts?
Speaker 2: So there's a bigger back and something else. All that and so much more coming up on the show. It's bigger than a finger in your dreams.
Speaker 5: It's Mother's Day on the weekend, which is a very special day, and all mother's out there should be so elebrated.
Speaker 6: We do have a mother in the room.
Speaker 2: Who are you talking about?
Speaker 6: Well, my eggs are and ice, so it's not me.
Speaker 4: I'm going to have to adopt you.
Speaker 3: Do mother, Delilah? And Mitch you mother that succulent planet home.
Speaker 2: So we are all doing right.
Speaker 6: Laura, you are a mom, so we wanted to surprise you.
Speaker 5: So Mitch and I organize a little some something come in your way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we know how much you've done. You adore your two daughters, Marley May and Lola.
Speaker 6: Or I call it Lola Derby.
Speaker 2: Did you organize me breakfast in bed tomorrow?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: Do you want us to be in your bed?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 2: The two of you bring me breakfast in bed on Sunday.
Speaker 4: Okay, we can get that done. I think you'll be happy with this because you know we love you so much, and you know your kids love you, but it's nice to hear it straight from their mouth. So welcome to the pickup Lola and.
Speaker 8: Marley May and Mommy, you're my best friend cause you would take a meal time and I'm sure of course I order time. You're the best money in the world. And I love you more than and is he even more than both and family together? Big up. I'm thank you for working so hard. I love your dear Mommy Birthday for Molly, I love your mommy him mom day.
Speaker 6: Is that if that's not going to break your heart or I did not know. Also it's just Molly might go a little bit British then a British accent.
Speaker 9: It was so cute.
Speaker 2: It makes me.
Speaker 3: It makes me feel really sad because yesterday I was going to own. Yesterday I was going to work and Molly was crying because she didn't want me to go, and she was like, mom, we don't go to work today. And sometimes, you know, when you've got to try and juggle being a mum and doing all the other things as well, you've got to make sacrifices. And some days it's really hard yesterday.
Speaker 2: It was one of them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the mom guilty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's cute that she said.
Speaker 6: Thanks for working so hard. That's nice because it's also nice.
Speaker 2: That she's Yeah, she wants a toy.
Speaker 6: She knows that for her to get the good stuff, you've got to go to but she also knows what it's all for. Yeah, it was really sweet.
Speaker 4: And also.
Speaker 2: We can give Lola a pas. She's only two years old. The kids doing pretty damn.
Speaker 4: Her word economy was was very good for.
Speaker 2: Happy Mother's j Mom. That's all I expect.
Speaker 4: It was very good. You've got two kids, but there is one more person at home who I'm sure you're tickling in a very different way.
Speaker 2: There's a three legged dog as well.
Speaker 4: There is a three leg dog. Yeah, we tried to get to get all the h buster. But your beautiful husband, Maddie Ja you didn't know we were doing this, wants to send you a Mother's Day message as well.
Speaker 10: So he's Maddie Laura, it's your husband here. I'm wishing you a very happy Mother's Day. I always knew you were going to be a good mom. It was never something that I questioned. I think what I underestimated is just how much of an exceptional mum you'd be. I should have known, right, because everything you do you absolutely excel at. You are such an overachiever, and being a mom is at the top of that list. I can honestly say that the only reason I'm the parent that I've become is because of you. I watch how patient you are, how nurturing you are, how you are, and just how much you love our girls. I mean, really, I'm still my best to keep up with you.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry.
Speaker 10: You always say how lucky we are to have our little family, but the person we need to thank is you. You're the reason why we're so lucky. Lucky to have you as my wife, and Marley, I'm lucky to have you as a best friend, the mentor, the cheerleader, and their mum.
Speaker 7: I love you more than.
Speaker 2: I love you more than possible.
Speaker 4: Happy Mother's Day, and I think there's a dry eye. That's beautiful, so cute. I did go to his head.
Speaker 2: I wasn't expect you to cry on my Friday afternoon.
Speaker 6: It well, we've lost Laura.
Speaker 4: For a Yeah, he loves you. You are a brilliant mother.
Speaker 7: You are.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know how I got that lucky. I think he gives me a few a few props I don't deserve.
Speaker 7: Sometimes.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, guys, you're not meant to make me cry on radio. That's not nice.
Speaker 6: It's still an awkward silence. I really sit in it, sitting in the tears.
Speaker 3: I'm sitting in my tears. That was really beautiful. Thank you so much for doing that for me. Yeah, I'm so grateful.
Speaker 4: We're still going to get a shitty mug from your girls, and yeah, yeah, a bar of soap you'll never use.
Speaker 3: And I really hope that Molly makes me some potion out of sticks and raspberries and smashed up berries and leaves from the garden, tells me to drink it.
Speaker 2: It'll make a beautiful Sunday morning.
Speaker 3: Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there and to anybody who's out there and you know finds Mother's Day more of a challenging day because maybe you've lost your mom or you know you're on your own fertility or journey towards motherhood. We were wishing you a very beautiful and happy Mother's Day.
Speaker 6: Yeah all I love. Have a good one everyone.
Speaker 4: A little fitter of the mind ladies taking into a hotel. You've got two suitcases rolling in behind you. You're in the foyer, you have a great interaction with the bell boy. You go, it's a great it's gonna be a lovely holiday. You jet up to your room. You go to your room, you swipe your key card, you unpack your bag, you go to bed after a long day of traveling.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, something we can all relate to sure sicily, wherever you want it to be, Rome, Portugal. Imagine waking up in the middle of the night and having your toes being suckled on by that bell boy that you had an interaction with at the front door.
Speaker 6: What is this a real thing?
Speaker 4: This is a real story that happened in Tennessee.
Speaker 6: The bell boy.
Speaker 4: The bellboys into a room.
Speaker 6: And suckled a toe.
Speaker 4: Well it's just one toe, No, it's I'm picturing it being the big toe. I don't know about you.
Speaker 3: Got the dark was like the middle of the night, and he woke up in the darkness to someone sucking his.
Speaker 4: Toe middle of the night. I should actually clarify it was bell man fifty two year old David Neil. He's the manager at the fourth Avenue South Hilton in Nashville allegedly crept into a a male guests room while he was sleeping about a month ago and got intimate with his feast. So what happened at his feet? So what happened was Neil made a copy of the key card when he checked in, obviously thought this guy is cute. I'm going to creep in later tonight, buzzed himself in and while the guest was sleeping, crept at the end of the bed like he was about to pray, and he pulled the douvet over the guest toes, and he went to town on those little people.
Speaker 6: He lapped on like a little calf to its mama cow.
Speaker 3: Okay, this sounds like something out of White Lotus. It sounds like it would have happened on White Lotus.
Speaker 4: Yep, that's exactly right.
Speaker 2: Anyone's seen that series.
Speaker 5: How many times has he crept into some's room and just like looked stood over them and watched them sleep or something like?
Speaker 6: This is obviously escalated.
Speaker 4: Listen, you don't suck your first toe straight out straight out of the hotel room. No, you're so righte brit that's a good point, work up. Yeah, you got to suck some other toes before you go to guests.
Speaker 3: You know, okay, way, way, way apart from the foot fetish. What happened though, Okay, you didn't get into trouble or did they come out?
Speaker 4: Yeah? You worry. The guest told police he woke up to Neil's mouth around his toes so plural multiple toes, and immediately confronted him. You know, hope, sir, what are you doing on my toe? Thanks for the ice bucket that I ordered my club sandwich, but can you stop sucking my does?
Speaker 3: I also liked that it says that he immediately confronted him. It's not something that you can delay. Well, you wait until he's finished, and then you write a letter as like a you know, a just gruntled a patron, just to.
Speaker 6: Revisit what happened last night.
Speaker 4: And at what point do you were going to yelp and give him a bad review as your toes being sucked or when you're on the immediately Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think keeped him in the face.
Speaker 6: I would have panicked.
Speaker 4: Okay, So he recognized Neil as one of the hotel employees who came into his room that day to fix his TV, so he went, I've seen you before you fixed my Netflix. Neil admitted to police that he'd entered the room, but claimed he did so because he smelt smoke and wanted to make sure the guest was okay with his tongue. How was he trying to put it?
Speaker 9: Day?
Speaker 2: He's like, I'm come to the rescue.
Speaker 6: Everything seemed to be safe here now the room.
Speaker 4: Key was ever recovered. The police said that Neil told the investigators that he had thrown the key away, clearly burning the evidence. He was arrested at his home on Friday and charged with a aggravated burglary. He's jailed and on a twenty seven thousand dollar boond.
Speaker 6: I love that the update was the room key was never discovered.
Speaker 2: This wild and makes me never want to stay at a hotel again.
Speaker 4: My question is do the police have to photograph the toes post suck like.
Speaker 6: Evidence, like to a Salima swamp all like ncis? You know my sister was a bellboy for a while. I shouldn't ask her if anything went down, if she ever sucked a toe?
Speaker 11: Did she suck?
Speaker 4: Laura Burn made her massive announcement, Laura the.
Speaker 6: Rash cleared up, the rash is gone, and I'm doing Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 4: But we're so excited for you, we're all a bit nervous. So producer flips. I'm being told who produces this show has organized a Dancing with the Stars legend this gag ip. Yeah, they went to Dancing with the Stars all they made it to the semifinals.
Speaker 6: Oh that must be good.
Speaker 2: I mean you know that I need all them.
Speaker 5: Will you happily take some advice now from someone that has done the show before? You, like happily, like no questions asked, whatever they say you're going to take on.
Speaker 2: I will do pretty much anything right now if it's going to make me a better dancer.
Speaker 4: Okay, please, welcome to the show. I don't even know who this is Mystery Dancing with the Star Superstar. Hello, Hello, Hello, are we hello?
Speaker 7: It's me Maddie j I mull stop at you.
Speaker 4: It sounds so weird. I was like, go away, top McKinney.
Speaker 3: When you said i'd take any advice from anyone, I'm very stubborn. I rarely take it from my husband.
Speaker 5: You know what, I was down hoping it was going to be Maddie Ja, because then now I don't know if you just heard that, Matt, but you can ask Laura whatever, and she agreed to do anything.
Speaker 7: Sorry, it almost won the competition.
Speaker 2: We didn't almost win. How far did you get?
Speaker 7: Or like I almost made it into the final? Almost? Chappelle Corby that's all that matters, to be fair.
Speaker 3: I watch Chappelle's Corby's her dance that year. She was pretty good. She did the Vnes waltz and I was quite into. Had a lot of time to practice, Matt. You Matt, so tell us what is your advice for your wife? Because you've been watching a rehearse at home. How's she been going?
Speaker 7: Look, there's no real secret here. It's hard work, it's dedication. You're got to put in the hours. You've got to stay really focused. And something that I did which really helped me, is you get a little bit of wax, just a little bit, not too much, and you rub it on everyone else's shoes just a little bit before they go out, and it just helps that little bit more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really gives you a bit more confidence, don't it.
Speaker 5: Your advice for Laurie, you're basically saying, I don't think I can help us.
Speaker 6: So we're going to kill the competition cheat.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, look, cheating is not cheating. I guess it's just any little advantage that you can give yourself over the other others. I think you have to take that. And law is a mom, she's working hours. I mean, honestly, how much will you get to dance? Like one night a week? It's not enough? You need more.
Speaker 2: I mean you have been seeing me dance, You've kind of seen the progress.
Speaker 3: That's probably the only one who actually has real full intel into what I've been doing the last few weeks.
Speaker 2: And how do you think I'm going? What would you want to sew her now?
Speaker 6: In a scorecard?
Speaker 7: Guys, we're a lot of trouble say that. I'm trying to be supportive and it's it's like it's a good starting point. Is it enough to win? Is it enough to be as good as Maddy j? We're not sure.
Speaker 4: She does her like worry dance in the studio and Brittain and it's almost I you've ever seen someone that shouldn't eat a peanut eat a peanut. It's almost like her body's in full sort of anal access and there's not much rhythm to it or are you you're doing rehearsals, what's the schedule?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been pretty much. Every time I'm not here, I'm there, I'm training. I'm training a lot of the moment. But Matt, I know that one of the conversations we had recently, which he tried to reassure me but didn't do it in a very convincing way, is you were trying to reassure me that I could be sexy, and I know I'm not.
Speaker 2: How sexy do I look when I'm doing? Well, I'm doing the church one of them, and that's like quite a sexy dance. How sexy am I?
Speaker 7: Honestly imagine a big eel, like a human human sized eel that has sprung out limbs, which is covered in sequence, and it's like gasting for air as it like gy rates across the floor.
Speaker 2: Sexy is that?
Speaker 7: I got it?
Speaker 4: I'll slip and slide all over you, baby.
Speaker 6: That's a great visual, I think.
Speaker 7: Really Well, honestly, she's a lot better than what I am. She's got a bit of salsa. I don't know if she's told anyone this, but she used to do by dancing on a Thursday social salta so she's got like a decent foundation of danceability that I never had.
Speaker 6: I man know that you did used to dance a lot through breakups and stuff.
Speaker 2: Don't give away my secrets. And you know what I used to do. Yeah, I'd go through bad breakups and then I'd go to the clubs and go salsa dancing. Oh my, was a bit of a loser.
Speaker 4: Actually, you need to divorce Laura for this couple of week periods so she succeeds.
Speaker 2: Yes, we need to have a breakup and then we'll get back together afterwards.
Speaker 7: Laura, I'm so sorry to say this, but we're done.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna honey, Jake, all seriousness.
Speaker 2: You've got a radar.
Speaker 6: You've got to hold your score card up.
Speaker 7: What is it? Yeah, look, obviously Laura of my life. It's going to be.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: So she's not your wife now, she's just a dancer.
Speaker 4: What's the score?
Speaker 7: Okay? In all honesty.
Speaker 6: At all, it's won the competition.
Speaker 4: Can you guys not be perfect for one moment? It's a definite four. We've seen it. She's lucky if it's a.
Speaker 6: Four, brit but not go seven.
Speaker 2: But there's room to move, guys, matt just wants to get laid tonight. Let's be real, honest, that's.
Speaker 4: A different kind of dance. In all seriousness, we are so very happy for you, Laura.
Speaker 6: We cannot wait to watch.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited. We are STI hitting the table, but I'm so excited. That was me tap dancing out of here.
Speaker 4: Guys, we love it, and thank you for your advice. Dancing with the Stars expert Matthew Johnson.
Speaker 3: Everybody almost twinkle toes in the flesh.
Speaker 5: There he is.
Speaker 4: That's him. What a man, and he's getting lucky tonight. Well that Maddy. Everyone stretch it out, y'awn and out.
Speaker 2: Oh god, this will put.
Speaker 8: Me to sleep.
Speaker 6: Oh this is so relaxing. I feel like I've slept in ages.
Speaker 2: Oh why is that Britt have night terrors?
Speaker 4: This is like a child therapy session.
Speaker 2: Like a giant baby I am. Britt's been telling us this every week.
Speaker 3: She's been coming in saying that she's been having these reoccurring nightmares and they're horrific, like horrific nightmares.
Speaker 6: Yeah, nightmares are terrible. Yeah, I've been having very run for my life nightmares.
Speaker 5: Okay, but hang, then I wake and I can't I'm a not everyone does this, I don't think, but I'm a When I wake I don't wait from the dream.
Speaker 6: When I go back to sleep, I fall back into the exact place that I left.
Speaker 5: So if I'm running and I'm about to to bush and I wake up, I fall back asleep and I'm in the bush and I keep running, It's like you press pause on a video.
Speaker 4: Okay, Laurie, you're so right. Britta's been gone on and on about these nights terrorists. So what we've done here at the Pickup is we have hired the expertise of dream specialist. He's been doing this for fifty years. Leon Naxon joins us on the show. Welcome to the Pickup, Leon, thank you for coming on High, Leon.
Speaker 9: My pleasure. Hi everybody High Leon. I.
Speaker 6: I mean you're a dream specialist, but does that mean you're a nightmare specialist as well?
Speaker 5: Do that?
Speaker 7: They do well.
Speaker 9: I'm a dream coach, and the nightmare are the most prophetic dreams you can have because they're trying to get through to you and give you some information so you stop having post nightmare.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait, what are the nightmares that you're having? What's actually happening.
Speaker 5: Okay, So the one that's recurring, there's two versions of it, one that they end the same, but one of them sometimes starts earlier. Now what I mean by that is, I'm always being chased through this old, dark apartment building complex. So I'm running from a murderer. They're trying to kill me, and I'm running for my life and I'm going down stairwells and I'm trying to hide.
Speaker 6: Then he finds me.
Speaker 5: Then I always end up running outside of the building it's nighttime, and then I'm running across the road to this really deep, thick forest that is all downhill, and I start to run for my life down this through this forest, trying to escape. But then sometimes the dream starts earlier than when he's chasing me, and it's I'm in an apartment and it's somebody that I know. So it's somebody else that either lives in the building or that I'm.
Speaker 6: An acquaintance with.
Speaker 5: And I finally figured out that his plan is to kill me, but I can't let him know that I know. So I'm like in my head, I'm like, I've got to keep this guy on my side until i can find a way out, but then he figures it out and then the chase starts.
Speaker 4: So there's admin in the dragon.
Speaker 2: I think you've been watching too much like Jeffrey Darmer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree. What's your take on obvious lyon?
Speaker 9: Well, Basically, in most cases, when you're running away from someone in your dream, it's usually yourself. It's an aspect of yourself that you're running away from something that you can't you don't want to face. You're running from the shadowself. So the question is what is it about yourself that you don't want to face and you think it's killing you or it will kill you if it gets out.
Speaker 4: I've seen that that'll do wonders for your career that got outed probably from RESCIB.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so it's an aspect of yourself that you just you're not proud of, or you don't want to deal with or right now you don't want to deal with it right now, and so you bring away. And so the abandoned house is you may have felt abandoned sometime in your life, either in a relationship or a friendship, or you may have abandoned someone and you don't like yourself for it, But ask yourself, what is it that I don't want to embrace. And next time you have that nightmare, don't run away from the person, turn around and give them a hug, because you know, it's easy to love the goody two shoes wonderful part of yourself, but it's also as important to love the dark side, your shadow, love every part of your decision making.
Speaker 5: Can you control your dream enough, like when you're in it and I'm running, I trold enough to be like, I'm not going to run anymore.
Speaker 6: I'm going to turn around and kind of him.
Speaker 9: It's possible. It's called lucid dreaming. And at some point you realize you're dreaming and you can turn around. But butter still just live the dream in your day dreams. Just when you get a quiet moment you don't you're not going to get interrupted, see the dream in your mind and actually turn around and embrace whoever or whatever it is you're running away.
Speaker 7: From and say I love you, Britt.
Speaker 2: Is there anything you're running away from in yourself?
Speaker 5: Very I feel like I've got a lot of life decisions to make. I'm very stressed about it, So I don't know if I'm trying.
Speaker 6: To ignore that and I'm avoiding.
Speaker 4: That's the fertility stuff you're thinking. We've been talking about it for the last couple weeks.
Speaker 6: I've had a bunch of stuff. But maybe it's maybe the stress is overwhelming me and I'm taking it to my d my dad.
Speaker 9: Now, yeah, Now, it's impossible to be stress if you're living in the present. Stress only reside. If you're thinking of the past, I should have, could have? Would or thinking of the future what should I do? But if you're in the present moment, it's impossible to be stress. So if you could repeat this poem to yourself, the past is history, the future is a mystery. The present is the gift.
Speaker 6: Write down the past is a mystery that the history, the future is a mystery, but today is a gift.
Speaker 9: The present is the gift.
Speaker 4: To write that one down. We'll get on the fridge magnet or something so we can work that. All right, Well, britt, can you give us an update in the next couple of days.
Speaker 2: Aunt yourself, I'll do the poem.
Speaker 6: I'll try to control my dreams, and I'll give you an update if that stops.
Speaker 4: Okay, nice, Well go on, thank you, doctor Leonnax and everyone, dream coach. I've been doing it for fifty years, and I can tell why what a great man.
Speaker 6: Also his boys.
Speaker 2: I can fall asleep to that very You wouldn't be running from anything listening to.
Speaker 7: That one.
Speaker 4: Turn around and hug him and ladies. I've been spending some time at my family home, hanging out with fam so important. My mum's just had her sixtieth so I've been at home in my home I grew up in, very wholesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love my family, you know, real family.
Speaker 2: You have a wonderful family, beautiful people.
Speaker 4: I adore them all so much. And my family home where my little sister still lives. I was looking through my old bedroom stuff. You know, when you go through you want to get some staff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a bit of a nostalgia as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I came across my baby box in the garage, which is that it's actually quite cute. It's a gap box, so my mum clearly bought me some gap shoes as a baby. It's a little bat baby gap shoe box. And my teddy bear is in there, blue Teddy Bear. My hospital respand is in there.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so I wish I was that sentimental.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful and I've got notes that the doctor's journal and the first steps in the first walk, and my mum is very sentimental. She's beautiful, Michelle. I was two months premature. I was in hospital for the first three months of my life. I was really really umwell, they didn't think I was going to make it. I was flown to hospital to hospital. You wouldn't look at me and think that Now, yeah, I'm making up for a lot of time here. And I'm going through this baby box and going, this is gorgeous.
Speaker 7: I have this.
Speaker 4: I want to do this for my future kids. And I get to the very bottom of the box. I lump out all these books and I find a Fisherman's Friend's tin, a vintage Fisherman's Friends tin. I'm born in nineteen ninety five, so this is a rusted on tin.
Speaker 6: They're like the old school mints, right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: It's an old school mint tin. And it's probably the size, probably better about this big, the size like a Sartine box exactly right, tunican. And I go go, what's it? What could possibly be in here? And it's got a little bit of twine wrapped around and I go, there's so what is it? He's beautiful. So I unwrapped the twine. I opened it. He's rusted on Fisherman's friend tin. I gotta pull it open because it hasn't been opened in twenty seven years. And inside this fisherman's Friend's tin is a swab of cotton wool, and sitting on top of it is what looks to be a shriveled piece of prawn.
Speaker 2: Okay, Mum kept your first prawn like a.
Speaker 4: Little bit of like dried onion, you know, they put it on Vietnamese dishes like it looked like a little bee Spanish onion. So I bring up to mom, like a mom, what is this in my baby box?
Speaker 9: What is it?
Speaker 7: What is what?
Speaker 4: Do you what have you kept? And she said on me, that's your foreskin? What no, no, no, no, my mom has kept my foreskin in a fisherman's Friend's mintin.
Speaker 3: Did you ask her why, like, of all the memories, of all the things that she wanted to keep to immortalize your childhood, why that she's embarrassed.
Speaker 4: She's so embarrassed. There was also teeth and like a little bit of my hair. I think they're wondering in case I die, they could build like a fake, Mitch.
Speaker 6: I don't think keeping the foreskins actually thing like. No, don't get me wrong. I love this of Michelle, like she's taken sentimental to the next level. I'm surprised to fit in a little sudding tin, Mitch. I would have thought you'd be saying big, like a shoe box or something.
Speaker 4: It was the size of the hole. Who fold it out? No, this thing is tiny. Off you know, you know this is a perfect explanation. You know, when you peel off like a toenail and it kind of curls it like springs and curls up, that's what it looks like.
Speaker 2: It probably looks like a tiny little bit of beet jerky.
Speaker 5: You're slightly disgusting that I enjoyed picturing the foreskin more than I did.
Speaker 6: You talking about pulling off a tonel but disgusting.
Speaker 3: It was unfortunately really small like it was because over time, it's so it's twenty eight year olds dehydrated.
Speaker 2: You're also a baby because okay, I am not sentimental. I have not held on too many things for the kids.
Speaker 3: And it's like I kind of look back and when you say you've got this beautiful shoe box of stuff. I wish I had been more sentimental, but I did keep You know, when you have a baby and they clamp down on the umbilical cord and then they chop it off, so that falls off after a couple of weeks or four weeks or something. And I did keep both the girls on bilical cords, but I haven't gotten around to putting it in anything, so they're just floating around. We've got that like you know, you know how everyone's got one of those drawers, and it's the junk draw there's two umbilical cords in that.
Speaker 6: I don't know who this is.
Speaker 2: Who I'm so lucky to when they're a bit older.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't think they need to know which one is there.
Speaker 4: When I was house sitting at your house, I thought that was like a chip clip.
Speaker 6: That you put on you're actually trying to eat it.
Speaker 4: I tried to eat it. I thought, this is disgusting jerky.
Speaker 2: You tried to eat it, looking exactly like a chip clip.
Speaker 4: Jenny's calders. Hi, Jenny, what have you kept? Ah?
Speaker 11: Well, nothing like that?
Speaker 7: Side three girls?
Speaker 4: Okay, but thank goodness, I couldn't treat forcing.
Speaker 11: But I definitely kept there umbilical cords.
Speaker 2: Like, ah, yes, so can I ask what? What what is the purpose of?
Speaker 6: Like nothing against it?
Speaker 5: I don't know if I don't think my mum kept anything of mine, But what's the purpose?
Speaker 2: Like what are you going to do with it?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 11: Nothing? And my girl would grossed out by too.
Speaker 6: Is yours floating around just like an open drawer as well for anyone to do.
Speaker 11: I kept everything. I kept teeth. And there is a little box that smile at you when you open it up.
Speaker 4: Every the head put in what do you mean hold on you put them on a necklace, or if you put them in like a clay piece of clay so it looks like a mouth.
Speaker 7: It's just in a little jewelry box that I've blewed them all in so that when you open it's just a smile.
Speaker 2: Wait, you've actually arranged them in the arrangement of the teeth.
Speaker 4: Oh my, too much, too much. Imagine if my mom did that and she got a photo of me as a baby, and then just.
Speaker 6: You know what she plays at your twenty first it's like not Pinnertail and the Donkey.
Speaker 4: Its very funny. Oh my god, that's great. And now everyone knows I'm circumcised. The big announcement was made. Laura Burne, our very own is doing Dancing with the Star.
Speaker 2: I am look, I'm not good, but I'm gonna do my best.
Speaker 6: I don't believe that. I have seen some maneuvers since the announcement.
Speaker 3: You're pretty good, not very flexible and not very coordinated, but I have determination.
Speaker 6: I saw you kneeling kick someone in the head.
Speaker 2: That leg was so flexing. Yes, but it was my dance partner, and I wasn't supposed to kick at that time.
Speaker 4: If you're gonna practice kicking someone in ahead, it's in practice, it's in rehearsals. That's okay. Get to adding your sister. Absolutely, listen, someone who will I know a lot about Dancing with the Stars. She's the whole tests with the most tests. It's returning soon to Channel seven and seven plus. Please welcome our friend Sonya Krueger.
Speaker 11: Hello, son Sonya, Hey Laura, you know I can't wait to say. Please welcome couple number one Laura burn and her partner Mitchuri.
Speaker 3: Oh no, only could you imagine if Mitchuri was skinning me around the dance floor.
Speaker 7: Wow, that would be amazing.
Speaker 4: That stage is reinforced for the season that I'm on. Sonya, we'll have to work back in with the crew to make that happen. But aren't we excited for Laura? Are you excited to have her on the show? Sign?
Speaker 9: I am?
Speaker 11: I am. You know what, I'm really excited about it. These are all new people. So, Laura, you know when Maddie Jay, your husband was on the show, he was a wild card.
Speaker 2: He was a wildcart, so everyone had had a bit of experience.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he had to go up again to the All Stars. So this time everybody's brand spanking new, which I love and to me seeing people go through the whole process when they start learning how to do the dances and the routines and then they get out there. And I actually just had a bit of a sneaky look at the rehearsal footage and it looks fantastic already, like the costumes and the numbers. It's great.
Speaker 4: I'll go on.
Speaker 6: You have to tell us you've snuck a little look. Who is the standout so far?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 11: You know that it's actually going to be tough. I'm not. I won't lie, Laura. There is a lot of competition out there.
Speaker 2: The name, let me know I need to who I need to keep an eye out for.
Speaker 11: Well, I was really impressed with James Magnuson for a start, you know, I mean he's doing Champion but and he's six foot six, which is not easy I think for a guy. But he's dancing with Natalie Lowe who was on the original show years ago, and she's amazing, so that they actually look pretty good together. And Paulini has you know, obviously she's got that great musicality.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 11: There are people obviously in there that are a little more challenged.
Speaker 6: You know, there's always the challenge.
Speaker 11: I think has been struggle a bit, you know, because they're not really trained. They're trained athletes, but they don't have that kind.
Speaker 7: Of I.
Speaker 2: Think the men have it easier though.
Speaker 3: They just they stand there and then the girls do all the tricks around them, and then they do a few things where they just lift them in the air and the girls look amazing, and then everyone's like nine nine eight eight, And I'm like, that's not actually for the celebrity, that's for the professional dancer.
Speaker 11: Yes, well, it's like Gavin Waynegni, he's an AFL legend. Brownlow Medal winner, and they've got some lifts in their routine, which I'm just like, wow, that is impressive. But the thing is it evens itself out, Laura, because with the boys, you know, like your partner, Danielle am I pronouncing his name right actually because he's new. I haven't actually met him before. But even like Arik good Can, he's been on the show and he's danced with Effie Mary Christa, which could be brilliant. The girls get to be led, which is great. So if it's very hard to the female professionals to try and lead a guy, especially they're a big guy, you know, So so it evens itself out a little bit, I think in terms of, you know, the competition and the fairness about who who gets the advantage. But at the end of the day, the audience, they just love who they love, you know, and sometimes and.
Speaker 4: Now she's letting you down is the part she's rehearsed.
Speaker 6: Laura is very Laura's very love I.
Speaker 3: Think there's something very endearing about seeing a praying mantis on the dance floor.
Speaker 2: That's going to be me. That's the vibe I'm going for. Just the long leambs I look like a little bit like a stick insect, and I'm okay with it.
Speaker 5: The worst things than being tall and skinny, like you're not at a disadvantage there.
Speaker 2: But like just long and have been coordinated.
Speaker 11: You look amazing in those costumes, right.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the costume sonya, I have one costume.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I think it was made for someone who's about five foot And I said to the beautiful team in costume, I was like, I don't think that this a PG or G rated show can have me wear this. The frills at the front are supposed to cover your LaBier, but it doesn't. It literally it is so unbelievably short. And I was like, oh, very and then sorry everyone, I'm sure we can put a bleep. So I was like, can we just get a little bit more fabric and they're like, yeah, yeah, that's fine. No amount of fabric is going to save that.
Speaker 4: You're kidding.
Speaker 5: Yeah, camera angle, look, you know, I mean our amazing costume camera work.
Speaker 11: They are incredible, but they do love it on the sexy side of the dance like the yeah, and I get it because you know a lot of these routines and performances are are sexy. So but I remember saying to someone a few years ago. It was like a fake tan does not constitute a costume. You know, Yeah, you've gotta be wearing a little bit more fabric than There's one.
Speaker 4: Thing this country loves. It's LaBier and we can all agree on that. So I think the votes, the votes will and we can all.
Speaker 3: Agree there truly isn't and they do say sex cells.
Speaker 2: So that's what I'm going for, the sex appeal.
Speaker 4: We all know I'm moving with it.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 11: The other thing that our audience absolutely loves. On one of the rehearsal tapes today, it was still Burden from Human Nature. Oh yeah, we love Phil and we love Phil, and I think the crowd will love him. The audience will love him because his performance is really romantic. You can either go the sexy aspect or you can take the romantic brute.
Speaker 4: Yes, Phil doesn't do the.
Speaker 6: Sexy that well anymore, but he does do romantics well.
Speaker 3: I do know that Phil has been training his absolute asshole. He were all kind of comparing training hours. I was like, how long have you been training for? He's been training for minimum six hours every single day.
Speaker 4: He's been training his whole life.
Speaker 2: He's done a vagad He's amazing. This is his whole life.
Speaker 6: He's been waiting for this moment.
Speaker 2: Oh, he truly has. I mean, Sonya, I am so excited.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to do a first I feel like I'm equally baked in fake tan and fear, but I'm so excited to do this.
Speaker 2: No, we can't wait to be great.
Speaker 11: You will love it. You will love it, and I hope I hope you guys, Mitch and brit how you going to come out and cheer Laura on when she performs.
Speaker 6: Well, we got the whole team coming on the first night.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, they're making me boards and banners.
Speaker 4: I'm hoping. I was on Emmazon this morning and I got some marbles and what I'm going to do is I'm going to throw the mat and sabotage the competition.
Speaker 11: Yes, and you must wear a sequence if you're in the audience.
Speaker 4: Oh, we have to do it.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're just going to We're gonna ray Mige down and roll him in some glitter. That's the plan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's not enough glitter. There's not enough material in lincraft to get me a secret out. Sonya. It won't look good, but okay. The Dancing with the Star is James Magnuson, Matt Preston, Paulini, Philbert now very young Laura Burn. It is coming soon to Channel seven and seven plus, of course, fronted by the beautiful Sonya Krueger. Great to have you back on the pickup sign.
Speaker 6: Thanks Sonya.
Speaker 4: You guys Friday, we love you.