Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast. Welcome to the weekend. It's the Friday show. Come on in, Jack, good to see you guys, and happy Friday to you.
Speaker 2: Patsy, Happy Friday.
Speaker 1: Is anyone doing anything they're excited about this weekend? What if we going on? Patsy?
Speaker 2: What are you want to Yeah, I'm excited. The team, most of the team are coming up to Sydney for the National Radio Awards, which will be awesome. The show's nominated for many.
Speaker 1: Again double nominee. We're five nominations if you counted them. But good luck Patsy, good luck Jack, good luck Tea, good luck to you, and good luck to team as well. Have a lovely night. So it's in Sydney again, in.
Speaker 2: Sydney again, Yes, at Star City, so it'll be good.
Speaker 1: Two speeches ready just incase nice speech is ready, get out.
Speaker 3: Of its brilliantly my heart.
Speaker 2: Well that wasn't prepared. I just spoke from the heart last year. But I don't on the record, I don't expect to win again. But the other thing last year they sent about a week out and email the company to say hay, just to have a speech prepared. You should always have one mentally, but they haven't this year.
Speaker 3: Really do you think they know?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Interesting, Yeah, anyway, it'll be great.
Speaker 1: But she's not expecting to win. But now she's looking for But I'm sounds like someone's been visualizing. But you've got a manifesting board. Piano is falling on the rivals heads.
Speaker 3: Well, last year your acceptance sptuous.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did so how can you top that?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 1: I'm better than the rest of you, you knowing, How.
Speaker 2: Could you top last year?
Speaker 1: It was so euphoric, like it was just you know, well, good luck, Pats and also just have a nice night as well. Please, if you're going to be drinking, don't get drunk like last time here you were hamming, and just have one drinking glass of water.
Speaker 2: Please produce a Caitlin said you'd go and get shots. Since she disappeared for two hours, I didn't seek her for two hours. Shots she didn't carry through.
Speaker 1: Jackie boy, What are you up to this weekend? Your chair squad?
Speaker 3: I will be in Melbourne this weekend as Bianca is running the ten k in the Nike Melbourne Marathon Sunday morning.
Speaker 1: Oh good, luck to her.
Speaker 3: So this is the one where all whether it's the marathon, half marathon, right down to the two k, they all finish inside the m CG. So you run a lap of the G and then the finish line is at one end.
Speaker 1: Of the D. How amazing you and your son, Gordia cheers squad.
Speaker 3: I guess we'll be in the stands at the G as the cheer squad.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's been training for like weeks and weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's going around. She's trying to beat one hour. Is her time to beat? Her best is one hour four minutes?
Speaker 1: Now, get to know this right? So she did this last year?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she did last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he made a nice sign, made a nice sign of cheers one.
Speaker 3: Hung around and it even had a thing to hang around Gordy's neck, so wore it like a what do you call it?
Speaker 1: This ship is just wheeling out the same sign. Make your fresh one dust off.
Speaker 3: The co says the same thing.
Speaker 1: On you and Gordy to do like Saturday, make mama and you sign some new colors says.
Speaker 3: It says, we're proud of you, mama. And I actually stuck it last year to a clipboard so it's still sturdy and strong as it was last year.
Speaker 1: That's so tight it.
Speaker 2: Please put again at the end of it, We're proud of you.
Speaker 1: Motherwise is going to put her stride off and she's trying to hit that sub hour and she said, like, that's just the one from last time.
Speaker 3: What was the point of hanging on to it the bench, Yes.
Speaker 2: Make a freak inspiration.
Speaker 3: Audie Loves Mummy, the same message, come on.
Speaker 2: The job for you in the morning.
Speaker 1: Check. Yeah, that is yeah, all right, coming out next time we get into double thumbs up, but we go around the team and tell me about the things that we're into this week Gold one I four point three Christian Connell Show podcast. Let's do double thumbs up. Now we're talking about the things we're into at the moment, Patsy, what are you giving the Patsy double thumbs up to?
Speaker 2: Let's Beetlejuice. Beetle Juice, the second Beetle Juice. It's still in the cinemas and we through the week of Wat's just the original with the Audrey. It's on all the streaming services and it's funny. We took her over the holidays to see this latest installment again with Tim Burton, and I said to her at the end of what did you think of that? And she goes, that was really, really weird, and I said, yea.
Speaker 1: It is crazy.
Speaker 3: That's what the movie is. Original one.
Speaker 2: Yes, so we've caught up with that, and she said, oh, yeah, I get it now, but it's got all the original cast. Tim Burton, as I said, Michael Keaton were nota writer. Catherine O'Hara, who I adore, she has such a talent, and Jenna or Taga, which already loved because of course she's Wednesday. But it's brilliant. It won't if you loved Beetle Juice.
Speaker 1: It's a cult classic, isn't it?
Speaker 2: But I loved it, But you love it for its oddness. It's just it's brilliant. Go and see it. Well, it's still in the cinemas. It's brilliant on the big screen.
Speaker 3: And the other thing.
Speaker 2: I've been a guest on a podcast talking about rage against the menopause, and it's called Leading You Podcast with Julie Hyde. She is a leadership coach and an author and she talks to a range of people actually, and she's called it resilience and real talk, which which I love because we talk about my health battle and how I try to be authentic on here, and so I hope you find it's inspirational if you're a woman maybe going through minopause or perimenopause. Have a listen on All or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Awesome, Thanks Patty. A couple of quick ones from me. Then a TV show we just started watching. It's a brand new HBO show, which makes sense. It still makes some of the best TV shows in the world. It's called Industry. That is very, very, very good. It's actually we started Industry. Yeah, you got to give it a go too much. It was too much to start the trading. I'm sticking with it. We're heading towards the end of the first season and it gets better.
Speaker 3: Okay, we didn't stick with it because I still don't know. There was so much jargon in there. Trading halfway through said I have no idea what's going on.
Speaker 1: It reminds you a bit of Billions, which I stuck with because I really liked it, and sometimes when you used to get into a technical jargon on that show, it left me dead. But the drama in it gets better and better. It's very good. That's industry. The other thing that's just finished this in the latest season with a brilliant season finale of the new season of Slow Horses on Apple TV. Cannot recommend that show and off that is an outstanding show. And I started to begrudgingly watch this and said, I'll read a book and sit here next to you. You know, sometimes you do it like I sit next this. We can still hang out. But I read my book with today. I'm not into this kind of popcorn TV. But nobody wants this.
Speaker 3: I did the exact same thing. That is funny. That is so funny, mate, I did the same thing where Bianki said, I'm going to watch this half day. I'm not interested, and then I hung around at the back of the couch with like half a knee on the side of the couch and watched two episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it started to get me into it, and I really really enjoyed it. Actually, it's very good. That's on Netflix. It's called Nobody Wants This. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast