Speaker 1: Christ Jian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast let.
Speaker 2: Go Hey, thank you very much for downloading the show podcast. As always, we love getting your emails so late to the party or a new thing we've started as well, which you'll find out on today's show. Christian at Gold one A four three dot com dot au let me know how you're getting on? Are you working from home? How are you right now? I hope everyone's well. Anyway, here's today's show.
Speaker 1: I hope you enjoy it, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: At the third will be let's talking more go getty.
Speaker 1: This could be me if I just work hard.
Speaker 2: Don't let the bigintes steal it.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Melvin's Gold one of four point three.
Speaker 3: Good morning Jack Post, Good morning Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday to Patrina Jones. Hello Christian hid their team. So have you had your time microphone tested? I have.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's easy to use, but it's sounds like I'm in two rooms.
Speaker 3: Away like a kid.
Speaker 2: Could you said?
Speaker 3: Because it's made by Fisher and Pikele and it is for children.
Speaker 2: It's not Fisher and Bikele they're like top ends. I mean, what's the expression price Fisher price? Yes, the little kids one. We're talking about how this week we've all been getting in our homes. Basically the equipment that we have here stripped back a bit so that if we're put into self isolation during the next couple of weeks a couple months, we can still give you the show. So sorry if you were hoping that we might be off air, not so. So. I've got all this skar. I've got like two monitors, microphone and everything to to do the show. You wouldn't know the difference. Jack, You've got the same as well.
Speaker 3: They spent a couple of hours in there connecting it all to the internet, Yeah, connecting up the microphone. It's all ready to go.
Speaker 2: And then off the back of a lorry they've got I mean it's sort of thing like a teenager's podcast would have.
Speaker 4: It's the size of a Rubek's cube, isn't it.
Speaker 2: What You've basically got to sort of lean forward to even speak into that thing they've given you. I know, I tell you what, if you went to a Maca's drive through, they have a better microphone set up than what they've given you to do the news. It's bring out of order.
Speaker 3: It might be interesting al've plugged into like a mixer and then a piece of equipment that you wouldn't never make.
Speaker 2: It worse, mate, don't tell her about that.
Speaker 5: Fin your old phone.
Speaker 2: I wasn't going to talk about the mixing desk. We've got the whole console. Well, they have to improve that.
Speaker 5: You can't really ordered, isn't it real?
Speaker 2: No, they do, That's what I mean, they absolutely do. All right, let's stay with Patsy. Patsy, we're doing double thumbs up Friday. This is where we do this every Friday, the things that we're into this week, and we give it a double thumbs up. Patsy, what's your double thumbs up?
Speaker 4: I wanted to be just slightly serious, but not too serious. First off, so we've got an eight year old explaining Corona. So a lot of anxiety amongst kids about what it is, what's going to happen to them.
Speaker 5: It's very uncertain.
Speaker 4: So our wellness team at school suggested to parents to show them Betn behind the news. I'm not sure if you're aware of it. Christin So on the ABC and It's news bulletins aimed at eight to thirteen year old, so they speak in plain language at their level. Don't freak them out too much, but don't make it all fairy tale and fantasy.
Speaker 5: We've been referring to her to.
Speaker 2: In real sences. It might be worth you getting across that. And lot of times he gets very jumpy and started during the news and that, so I would.
Speaker 3: Take a leap out of there, run down behind the red cock. Yeah, I remember behind the News from school.
Speaker 2: We've watched it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's such a good resource really, so parents can It's a really good tool. I've been looking at for podcasts and stuff that we can listen to with.
Speaker 2: Her, just because we're struggling with all of it.
Speaker 5: She's really scared, is she.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so this has really helped because it's just explained to her what it is, and you know what it is too. It's also not just coming from my husband and I. It's another source and they kind of believe it a bit more.
Speaker 2: Perhaps, Yeah, it's in the ABC are what they do. You have a brilliant organization with them.
Speaker 4: The second thing, everyone's at home a lot more and cooking heaps. I cleaned out my tupperware cupvered.
Speaker 5: The other day.
Speaker 2: Oh my word, I had this on the weekend. Are you nesting at the moment? Wife? Oh my word, all we can. I came back yesterday and she was like, I know you're tired, Please can you just come with me into the pantry? And I was thinking, oh, absolutely, And then she showed me how she'd rearranged everything.
Speaker 4: Oh, it gives me so much joy to do that and see it all lined up and in order. So I did find this piece of equipment that I put on my Insta the other day. I had no idea what it was.
Speaker 2: I bought it this with the lipstick the other week.
Speaker 4: Anyway, it turns out it's a rice cooker. I still don't know how to use it. If you can tell me how to put the bits together and use it, that's brilliant. But today I'm going to go for the turbo chef. This is a little bowl like, by.
Speaker 2: The way, what did you tap them? Did you see what she tapped them?
Speaker 5: The picture I've printed it out.
Speaker 4: So it's a bowl with a little blade that you whack on the top and put a lid on top that clicks onto the blade and you go sort of left to right either way and it will chop up onions, nuts, garlic without any.
Speaker 2: Tears, chop up nuts.
Speaker 5: It's brilliant.
Speaker 2: It's really a short year and it's just small an.
Speaker 4: How yeah, that's and it makes that noise and it's tup aware.
Speaker 2: You can get it online like a grinder.
Speaker 5: Sort of kinder.
Speaker 4: But it's great for onions because you don't.
Speaker 5: Get the tears. Yeah, so you just chop it up like.
Speaker 2: It in there.
Speaker 5: It's brilliant.
Speaker 2: Try on your noise onion nose.
Speaker 5: What's that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you get a little bit weepy.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, there's nothing worse. So that's brilliant, turbo chef. You can get a bigger version as well. We've just got the little one. What are you laughing at me?
Speaker 3: Just like yours, each week is becoming more and more like a real infomercial.
Speaker 2: You would be so good nuts now you are? Why if you printed off like a photo and some that it's from the press company. You're so good at it. You should be on move away from radio. We're doing that anywhere with that timpop microphone anyway.
Speaker 5: It's seventy four bucks and.
Speaker 2: Put goggles on.
Speaker 5: That's it's great.
Speaker 4: Feeding a baby solid no, no, and you wack it in the dishwasher.
Speaker 5: It's money worth well spent.
Speaker 2: You're so good, You're so good.
Speaker 4: It's like anything Tupperware, it's brilliant.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, all things. Every Friday, beturing, the tupperware jokes.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: That's what you can remember. Watch it today. The news, pain language, language, no big terms.
Speaker 3: I wanted to start my double thumbs up with a board game. And I know we've saturated the show again. I know we've saturated the show with board games this week.
Speaker 2: What are we now building looms?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I wanted to point out a classic traditional board game that now that we're talking about all these fandangle, new ones, wingspan, catan code names, pandemic, you know we are forgetting about the original board game.
Speaker 2: Tupperware, the one Patsy plays, My wife and I play it off the chess. Oh that's a great girl.
Speaker 3: Why you're in isolation this coming week or coming weeks months?
Speaker 2: Play chess? Yeah? I just have a bad You know that story told me about the other week, about when I tried to set up the chess club at school. And yes, we have to fold because no one apart from that teacher that saw me alone during the lunch first and only outing of chess clubs.
Speaker 3: But maybe after thirty years it's time for you to go back.
Speaker 2: Someone just can never heal Jack. Some moons can never heal. But yeah, chess.
Speaker 3: Gregg and I have downloaded an app called five Minute Chess, which is like, you know, you've see him play speed chess sometimes.
Speaker 2: You go to New York and that you see them in the public schas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we have been playing five minute chests where you get five minutes each and then you tap as soon as you're goes done, you tap it in the other person's time start.
Speaker 2: They do that a lot of aveil care homes. I mean, the lifestyle of you is the same as someone in a care home. Really is what was it the other week about they play this as board games and Monopoly Deal, Yeah, that's it. Monopoly Deal.
Speaker 3: I still recommend as well Monopoly Deal over the original Monopoly if you can find the card game only ten dollars at Target or Kmart. And then I just had also two books while we're going into isolation, some good books. These are my two favorite books from last year. The first one is the Lost Man by Jane Harper. She is a British Australian.
Speaker 2: All that's I've seen that in the bookshops.
Speaker 3: Who wrote The Dry which is most famous for the Dry and force of nature. I read The Lost Man last year. Is really one of my favorite books. It's about the she writes all sets all her books in the austral and outback. And this is like a semi mystery somebody's died, who did it?
Speaker 2: Type thing? Really good.
Speaker 3: And then Exit West is a really short, easy to read book by motionin Hamid, a young couple fleeing a fictional civil war. It sounds deep, but it's actually a really beautiful part awesome.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll take a break. When we come back, I'll take you through my double thumbs up all the things that we're talking about the way if you were try and find them, and that we're going to put them up on our website and you can find them on Facebook. OC four to three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right. Then some of the things I'm into at the moment. Our Pacino is in a great new TV show on Amazon Prime called Hunters. This is he is good. He's not Pacino. You know, he's like yelling and sometimes chewing the scenery, and he's not that al Pacino. He's elderly, twinkle eyed Pacino. However, do you know what he is. He's a He's a German war criminal hunter. That's what it's called. Hunters said in World War Two. Yeah, No, it's in the seventies where they try and track down when this is based on true story. A lot of war criminals fled to America were protected, giving new identities, and he leads a team that were tracking him down into the seventies and eighties. It is so good, very very good.
Speaker 5: So is it just the first series so far?
Speaker 1: Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's called Hunters. It's really really good. If you're looking for zonder binge watching moment. Can't recommend that enough. The other thing is, I've got a couple of comedy shows as well, people looking for People really need funny stuff in their lives right now, Brooklyn, Modern Family, Big Band Theory. These are those rare heart to find shows that me and the kids will all watch together and laugh very hard. Those are relentlessly funny shows. They're only like twenty four minute episodes. You can tear through a load. But my real big recommendation this week is an amazing new show. It's a co production between the BBC, who still makes on of the best dramas in the world, and Netflix, who do make the majority the other bit of our best dramas in the world. It's a show called Girl Slash Haji. It's about two brothers. One is a police detective, the other one is a member of the Japanese mob a yakuza. It is so good. I am only three episodes in, but you know, there's nothing better when you start to watch something and you know within half an hour, oh, this is amazing.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I actually went out to the homepage to see how many seasons I had to go as well. There's quite a few seasons of it. I reckon that is the best thriller I've seen in about ten years. It is so good. Oh cool, I can't worry. Really really good.
Speaker 3: So then I was weighing up. Yesterday you mentioned the Sopranos. We were about to start binging the Sopranos. What do you where do we start?
Speaker 2: I go straight into you know how much I love the Suppers. I go into Girl Haji. Wow, he is really really, it's so great when you see something new and different, you recognize some of the casts in there. They're in a lot of other good shows as well. But Girls Slash Harji Haji. You find it on Netflix. That is outstanding. That's my big tip this week.
Speaker 1: Chris John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So yesterday we start this new thing called the Name Game, where you just give us a random phrase a word, and then we try it and turn it into a game to play twenty four hours later this morning on the show yesterday were quite a few strange and difficult random phrases. I guess if you ask them, they are going to be random. Was one of them? What was the one turn left at Box Forest? That's right? Yeah, that one haunted me all last night, even woke up this morning and all I had my mind was turn left at Box Forest. It will stay with me for a long time. We cowardly veered away from turn Left at Box Forest. However, we did go for Marley just texted us to phrase gather the Goats, and Rio, who he works on the show, say, junior producer. His job is not to make production of jingles, right, That's not where he was hired, and it's not what he can do. However, he keeps making unnecessary jingles. And this is mark my words, is worse one. Just so you know, by the way, it's called gather the goats. So I left yesterday telling him it was called gather the goats. This is what he gave me this morning.
Speaker 6: So, Billy Nanny, can you go tell all the kids? And heard him him, heard him, heard him, gether.
Speaker 2: All the goats, Baby got goats, Baby got goats. That's good actually, second play, So.
Speaker 6: Billy Nanny, can you go tell all the kids? And heard him, heard him, heard him, heard him, gether.
Speaker 2: All the goats, Baby got goats. Just remember someone went into a studio at this radio station at half five this morning to do that. All right, then here's this how it works. Then we're trying to work at yesterday what is gather the goats? And Patsy assured me, and she was right that there would be some people who actually have goats. Amy called in, sorry Abby, she lives outside to Eden part and they have a load of goats. Do you know what the collective terms for a lot of goats?
Speaker 3: I do, because I've read the cheete have you seen the sheet here. I've had so much fun reading the sheet.
Speaker 2: We have seven Do you want to go down these seven facts that we've got about goats?
Speaker 3: So a group of goats is called a tribe or a trip of goats. Goats were the first animals to be domesticated. I thought it was the dog still getting It's still interesting. Goats giving birth is called kidding. This is where I put a big question mark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't believe this.
Speaker 3: Number four goats have eyes in the back of their head.
Speaker 2: I think they start making no, there's no way. I think they start making us up, thinking they'd give us a long list, thinking they won't even get past the fire. They do not have eyes in the back of their heads.
Speaker 3: They know we never read this stuff they put in front of us, so they just wanted to make.
Speaker 2: It keep going on. Have you've seen that? What about coffee? That's the one that made me laugh the most.
Speaker 3: Goats discovered coffee.
Speaker 2: What do they somehow start nibbling on some and they go, I feel really wired right now. I've got eyes in the back of my head.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden, If you're like al Cafe has a goat barrista, you know it's the best stuff.
Speaker 2: There's somewhere in North melb that probably does have a goat barrista. I don't know what the other ones are.
Speaker 3: A female goat is called a dough, A male goat is called a.
Speaker 2: Weather and have four stomachs. I don't believe any of them anyway, this does not work so abby. Yesterday out of Eden Park she went and recorded load of her goats together. You've got a guess. I can't believe I actually doing this. You've got to get full refund on today's show. You've got to guess how many goats? Why do we go with this one? We should have gone with turn left at box Forest? How many goats can you hear? You're still counting? Are you reaching? Today's show does get better? It needs to get But I'm saying that as a mantra to myself. It can only get better. There's only one way to go from here. All right? How how many goats can you hear?
Speaker 1: In this?
Speaker 2: All right? So take part in the first to last ever gathered the goats up for grabs. We having talked about a prize. What have we got left in the cupboard? Hang on, I know we've got mugs. Yep, you can have a mug and a pair of our awful socks. The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast The Random Name Game. This is where on a Thursday we ask you is to text us a random word or phrase and then we try and turn it into a game that we play the next day on the show, which is now. The phrase we went with yesterday was gather the goats. It was either that or turn left at box Forest or thank you for the Rabbit's mother. I think people are deliberately trying to make this as hard as possible, and we gather the goats. Let's play it. Ri Owe your theme tune, So Billy name, can you go? Tell a lot of the kids them gather all the goats? Baby got goats?
Speaker 3: The more I listened to that, you've just taken a whole lot of goat phrases and words, put them together, and you're not sorted through them.
Speaker 2: That's why it's brilliant, So gather the goats. Luckily, we managed to find one of you yesterday that she does have goats called Abby out of Eden Park and she recorded them this morning. You've got simply got to guess how many goats. Can you hear? It's actually very hard to record goats because, of course, as we've learned this morning, they've got eyes in the back of their heads. Oh, a couple of people have contacted me. They really did discover an Ethiopia coffee.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll give them that. I won't give them the eyes in the back of the head.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I won't give them that. But they discovered yeah, an Ethiopia. They goats discovered coffee, and apparently I think there is a brand of coffee called goat Coffee, which must be very good. All right, let's play how many goats? Jake? Good morning morning. Hang on, Jake, let me just put your back in hold. Do you know the answer? By the way, I forgot what it is? Yeah, I'll write it. You go ah, yeah, that's right. Yeah, Sorry about that, Jake. I just had to check out all work. Yeah. No, no, I'm good with it now, Jake. How many goats is about six? Six? Jake? Is not the right answer. It's not six. Have an icery, kend Are we going to go hire a lower here? Let's not. Let's not make it more complicated, easier? Yeah? Will that make it easier? Yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, so we're at six yep, okay, higher, Gloria, going higher and lower than a six? No, we say it's top, we say higher a lower. No, that's not how the game hi works. You ask them, what's he got to do with us? We do the answer.
Speaker 3: No, we say hire a lower. So now they're going to know, all right, it's at least higher than no.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, put them back and no better way to do it? Oh no, no, no, Gloria, do you want to go hi?
Speaker 6: Christian?
Speaker 8: I think I think it's eleven.
Speaker 2: So that's higher than six. Glory is going to go higher. It's not eleven. Okay, have a nice weekend.
Speaker 3: Okay, And now how does from here? How does your version of high or lower work?
Speaker 2: Our friend here, Tristan can go either higher or lower than eleven, because it could be in between seven and eleven. Tristan, you're going higher or lower than eleven. There's a TV show that ran for twenty years in the UK called Higher or Lower where they have to go up and down the quiz board, turning over cars while going higher or lower than this.
Speaker 3: Obviously, it's going to be higher or lower than eleven because there's something that.
Speaker 2: You you don't know. We know the answer, Tristan. When are you going higher or lower than eleven? Christian Jack pat high? Yeah, thanks Tristan.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm gonna go higher.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna got eighteen, very high, but I reckon it might be eighteen.
Speaker 2: It's too high, my friend, way too high, Tristan. You went to big too soon, there, my friend. But anyway, Tristan, have a good weekend, mate, Thanks for playing. How many Goats? Big?
Speaker 1: Dan?
Speaker 2: And that is the the public white hot this game. Literally Corona's on the line, Dan, how many? How many goats?
Speaker 1: I'm going twelve.
Speaker 2: Twelve coast, but no goat, it's not twelve. And let's let's get on with it now. Connor, good morning, Good morning, Connor, say fourteen, you've won.
Speaker 9: Fourteen to the hustle.
Speaker 3: Connor, you've gathered those games?
Speaker 2: Oh well, non Connor, you go down in show history. Let's take your part in the worst game we have un gathered the goats. You're the winner. My friend will give you whatever you want. Okay, the world, Connor, have a great weekend, all right, buddy, stay safe. It's the random name game coming back next week.
Speaker 3: Will gather the goats will definitely never, never.
Speaker 2: Ever ever come back. Okay, but at the random name game, it's give it one more week, one more week.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I've just showing Jack this video clip, right, and I didn't know whether to show them this morning because I thought maybe it's just me reading it this way. But it irritated the head out of me this morning a half five and I didn't have a very good night's sleep, and I ended up getting up about four o'clock this morning, right, and I found myself, you know, anger is an energy, isn't it. And I've kept watching it and kept watching it, making myself angry and angry and angry, and then I felt great, I'm ready did the radio show now. So I didn't know whether the show it to Jack, where it was just me a little bit tired this morning. We're gonna, I don't know, to talk about it too much because we need to play some of this video to you in a couple of minutes when we get hold of it. It is unbelievable. All I can say is a load of a list celebrities have thought right now, they know that we're struggling. Okay, that we're self isolating. People are losing their jobs, they're worried about the next couple of months and actually paying for food on the table and even finding food to get on the table and lou roll. They thought the best thing these at Multi miss A listeners could do is get together in their mansions film themselves doing the line from John Lennard's imagine perhaps you watch it awful. I don't know. Did they think that we were going as has anyone heard from Hulk and Wonder Woman? Yet? Do they know what's going on here? It is so bad? And also my eyes were distracted by their vacuous mansions behind them, like yeah, and they're all going, you know, I've seen a lot of these people that are in the video. They've probably saying, yeah, I'm self isolating. It's day three and it's not as bad. Of course, you've got a gym and a home cinema instead, you've got a village cinema gold class in your basement.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could spend one of each in the next fourteen days in a different room and it won't be like our experience self isolating and hope it's a shame because a lot of the people I love. I know, it's kind of like watching the Foody last night. Oh my what I love these people. But something is weird and not right about this.
Speaker 2: I think the thing. Everyone was so excited, right, so I even watched the build up for half an hour Footies backup one it was going to be like and then it was really eerie is the only word I can describe it. Obviously, it's the MCG so it's a huge megadom so one of the greatest sports venues in the world. But it was just it was bizarre at times. I tell you what, it felt like like some sort of training drill.
Speaker 3: Yeah did what it sounded like was local footy or a trans drill. You're right, and you realize how much the crowd everything is everything. Oh my god, it was so strange start to watch without a crowd.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'd mouted the microphones as well, so you just sort of heard a lot of yelling. I didn't wantize it's noisy out as well. I'm telling you now, if Gil wants to make the money back to pay the place and no pay cuts, I'm happy to pay like fifty dollars per game to hear the full unedited feed. I want to hear the swearing. I want to hear the sledging. Gil would make millions for the afil for they said, all for charity. He said, you want to hear the full unedited feed. But it was just so strange. I realized it was going to be a bit awkward to begin with, the the interviews with the coaches that was conducted. We all know about social distancing, right, but you're not watching Graham Norton where they like the other side of the studio. So what was it like? Better? Did it come up? It's making that? Can you still me making the movie? They were like ten yards apart, and that microphone in the middle of the pitch, almost like the middle of the oval. I mean, had it's a small little fellow anyway, but that far back it looked like a little munchkin.
Speaker 3: What was so strange about it? So Matthew Richardson and Damian Hardwick have to stand to me in Falling Out, but in the background all the players are high five and bumping into each other and giving each other rubs on the head. It didn't make sense.
Speaker 2: No, And then did we all see the balls being disinfected. No, that was a highlight for me, the ball being disinfected and what it was just I gave up a halftime because I guess it's like when you watch a comedy show or a stand up show on TV or on Netflix. There's a reason why the audience are there. It's a big part of your experience, isn't it like a like friends and a laugh track. It's I didn't wontze how much energy comes from a first off? It intimidated, like to that need me to cheer or something.
Speaker 3: It is like like a laugh track, like a sitcom has the laugh sound effects.
Speaker 2: They need canned crowd, caned crown is what they need. And also use the giant screens to put some pictures up or something that of like people like Gogglebot's watching at home. And also what were those awful, badly taken photos of fans going berserk watching the game at home.
Speaker 3: And not substitute for what is usually one hundred thousand crowd.
Speaker 2: Coming up after this, then from George Howison, I'll give you my experience of homeschooling for the last three days. I'm telling you this, teachers are not paid enough.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So these celebrities, Jack and I can't stop moving. Jack, just ask me if you could watch a bit more of it during that song we have to focus on today's show. I've watched the whole thing now.
Speaker 3: It's what a shame because they're people that we love and they're trying to do something great. Yes, they just it feels tone deaf, like, oh great, the rich people are singing to us. Feel much better.
Speaker 2: They know about us in the mansions of there. Here's a bit of it. Then celebrity A listers for our benefit, for our benefit, they've done this. They've done a line each from.
Speaker 7: Imagine, Imagine, there's no herb.
Speaker 2: Thank You, wonder Woman, easy Future, well below Us, a bother song discards. Some of them are taking it very serious. Imagine all the people. It's not American idol for two days? What is it about actors, not justist where it's all about them? Yeah, seriously about and the reason why they've done Imagine. I don't know if you saw that video clip, which was a beautiful, pure moment last week in Italy, you know where thousands, I think, Patsy, how many is it up.
Speaker 5: To the death told Italy three four hundred.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, they've had just the worst couple of weeks in Italy his for a very very long time. There was a guy in a block of flats last weekend who during the night just got his trumpet out right and started playing just like a natural human moment, right, And he didn't even film himself. It's not a selfie. You see it film from other balconies. Starts playing, imagine on his trumpet to try and you know, spread some cheer. It's a lovely moment.
Speaker 3: And isn't it so much of Hollywood's What they would usually do is see a beautiful, genuine moment like that and go, we'll have that, no credit.
Speaker 2: To him, we will use that, and we'll take your box and we'll do it ourselves, all right. So after the ad break, I'll tell you what about my experiences the last three days of homeschooling my thirteen year old. The one thing I can tell you right now is teachers are not paid nowhere near enough. I can say that categoric. They've always thought that, but no, I know after the last three days they're trying to wrangle her to actually do some work. And also often I thought those teachers, they really have it easy with those long breaks. I think, teachers, you need longer breaks.
Speaker 1: The Chris John O'Connell breakfast Show pod.
Speaker 2: This week has made me out of all the things that were going on in the world and here in Melbourne. It's actually made me appreciate people who, sadly we don't appreciate enough, all the people that we sometimes don't see. Like the other day, I was in the supermarket trying to see what I could actually get, which isn't much at the moment, especially if you go in the afternoon. It has this been stripped, isn't it. And there was a young, nervous looking lad who was trying to restock and he literally looked like he was blinking into light, waiting for the whores to descend on him. I said, oh, well done mate, and he actually stopped and oh, thank you. She seemed so exhausted. But it's amazing all these workers now we realize how important they are to us. You know, all the people who are often written off in government facts as low skilled workers, and actually now where realizing they're not low skilled. They're really important to us to keep everything going. Like the shelf stackers, people who work in supermarkets, customer service managers. So I earn you this weekend when you do going about and you will be trying to go and get whatever you can in the supermarkets at the moment. Honestly, just taking two seconds to say thank you or well done for what you're doing, you will make their day because it must be really hard to do what they're doing at the moment. I honestly think at the end of this and we will get through this. When we do this, we should organize on the show, right, I mean, this a parade of thank you for all the doctors, nurses, clean as, the shelf stackers, supermarket workers that we've never really appreciated before, but actually we realize that actually are an essential part of day to day business. So I think we should organize on the show. I don't know how easy it is to order order a parade of thank you, maybe just do it around the building or something, but there will be a parade of thanks the other people. I also need to appreciate them to any different way. Our teachers, so I've had to do homeschooling for the last three days, not me personally, but my thirty year old daughter. The boss insisted my thirteen year old daughter, she's off and the school aren't ready until next week to do this, you know, log in and do the zoom thing for like seven or eight hours a day. I mean, if there were I don't know what homeschooling would have been. If the circumstances world when we were kids, the teacher would have just had to call you up on the I don't know what a landline. I mean, we didn't even have Wi Fi when I was at school. So anyway, the last three days it's been my wife seft it up to me then to do this homeschooling because I can get back at a decent time and sort of see what she's been there for a couple of hours. Day one on Wednesday, I came in. She was some bathing in the garden. She'd write some bathing on and she'd made cookies for us, all which is lovely. However, perhaps you know what's somethhen they start to bake in the kitchen there was everywhere. Stuff everywhere was like an explosion the Wonka factory and it was just left, yes, like with all the mixing bowls. But I think it's solidified and I'm like when i'm the cookies are great, but I'm not cleaning up all this crap. So I go out there and I go, hey, listen, you coming, you need to come in clean up. But here's the thing with my thirteen year old, she's like my MANI wife, she's better than me. The arguing, I'm terrible arguing. She goes to me, I think you're being very selfish, and it's stopped in my tracks. I wanted back into the kitchen. I went, am, I am I being selfish.
Speaker 3: Because you get the cookies, but you don't have to clean up.
Speaker 2: So she's she's out smarting sad to see, I know. And then day two I tried to sort of get a bit more order on day two, so I made us sing the national anthem at the start of the school day, and then I've got little claques and that blast at none time as well. But on the on the second day, right, I've noticed now that what she does to skive off. Okay, she first of all, she goes at midday, I need to go and have a shower, and I said, no, you meant to be doing another hour of maths. You need to do all this maths homework, and she goes, no, I need to go and have a shower. And then a bit later on I know says there was another shower and then it crept up there right, there's no shower going, there's there's all I hear is music and TikTok videos, and then that she hadn't loot the tile at doors. So so I burst into the bathroom. She was just sat on the floor watching TikTok videos. I and now I know what your teachers have to deal with. Honestly, I can't wait for next week we have to go out to zooming in teachers. I don't know how they deal with it, Honestly, poor teachers. You're not paid nowhere nearly enough. I've had enough of homeschooling. I'm exhausted.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Tell you who is enjoying us all spending more time indoors, whether we're working from home or self isolating. I'm not going out and about in public. Dogs. I've never seen my dog happier. Oh yeah, going this is great. I reckon dogs invented COVID nineteen to keep us at home, even though just there's less barking around the neighbors because the dogs are happier. Yeah, people are home. They love having us around because you've got nothing else to do with them. Give them extra parts as well.
Speaker 3: Now, if we did go into lockdown, worst case scenario, are we allowed to take the dogs out for a walk?
Speaker 2: Do you know what? Yeah? My kids this week? Yeah, I mean because.
Speaker 3: Parks are big, wide open spaces or is this no zero tolerance the kind of thing?
Speaker 2: And also it's just compets getting the virus.
Speaker 4: There is a version that went through before we had it, but it's not as severe. Apparently it swept through Geelong.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, yeah, because it's an animal it started as an animal infection.
Speaker 2: That's a racist rumor. I don't believe that's entirely true, but that has been debunked quite a few times. I thought that was true. I think that was a rumor spread by America that Chinese people would live in an entirely bat diet.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't say that.
Speaker 2: You said that, No, but I don't think there's no way it's actually it has come through eating the annual stuff. So now I think that's one of the lies that were spread by America and the Trump sort of people. Actual scientists have debunked that look into it though, because everyone keeps saying that. But I don't think there's actually the scientists that they're not sure where it's come from. It's a strange, quite a unique strain, which is why it's hard to treat as well where they need a vaccination. All right, knock off Friday then, So how this normy works? You just call us up on nine four one four one oh four three and tell us what you're up to today when you knock off, when you finish work. So most important question on a Friday is what time do you knock off today? But of course everything is different just from last week, so many things are changing at the moment. We have to be responsible. You saw the footy last night, people being interviewed, the coaches being interviewed away like ten meters away. So today, this afternoon, after I've constructed a table tennis table, which is my as the need installed head of self isolation Entertainment, I brought table tennis yesterday and so we'll be playing that over the weekend. I don't forget to play car ten though, you promise I'll give you an out. We're going to do it. I'm going to record how we get on. We're all going to play the ancient settling and trading game Catan for the first time ever. Okay, and then I was supposed to be going to the pub this afternoon to meet of mate mine, but my wife said, no way, your friend has to come around here and have a dream. I'm going to play date this afternoon with another dad, two basic white dads. Honor played it. Meet her in half apart on my couch having Piers Jack. What are you doing when you knock off?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 3: I'm actually looking forward to having a weekend of isolation.
Speaker 2: Oh this is a dream for me. I've been self isolating for the last twenty years. I love doing nothing at home. I love that the fact that you can't go out.
Speaker 3: We have to go and see Bell and Dunk, who I love and I can't believe I we have to go with lunch with them this weekend. No plans on the table. This drifts through, relaxed till Monday.
Speaker 2: Don't you feel you're best as a human when you've got your tracksuit pants on in the afternoon or eving. I feel like I'm a better version of my the goal will be not to get out of them. That's living like that would be just be the ultimate nirvana. But see what are you up to today when.
Speaker 4: You're not on I've got a scoot straight after ten o'clock because the engineers are coming out west.
Speaker 2: Do they need to bother with that toy microphone that gave me yesterday? I mean, it's just the one you plug into the microphone.
Speaker 4: I did some tests yesterday to see if I can get my head around it.
Speaker 2: All right, have a listener to this is Patsy. We've all got equipment for if we have to go into isolation so we can still do the show. Jack and I actually have the same setup that we've got here. It's like thousands of dollars. We've got like monitors and faders, and we've got microphones. I've got a spare microphone if I want to do a chat show for some reason around at my house. Patsy's got this. It's a plastic ball. You can't without even a mic stand that you're going to have to sort of basic hold it speak into. It is just a plastic ball.
Speaker 3: You described it best. I think it looks like the thing you hang off the toilet. Least that's to put a cent in the toilet. Yeah, so this is Patsy testing it yesterday.
Speaker 4: At her home and multi millionaire author Jake Hey Rowling still finds the best place to ride it.
Speaker 5: I'm on air?
Speaker 2: Is that the Love God? Yes?
Speaker 4: And then telling Harry Potter novels is a cozy cafe. As a single mother living in Edinburgh, the children's author famously panned her first drafts in a cafe to escape the cold of her dingy flat.
Speaker 2: So it'll be fine, Now, you'll be fine. Part of me wants to hear Patsy Isa, so I can hear the Love God and Audi President in the background. There.
Speaker 3: You need some acoustic panels in your place, and no one. Dan, the engineer who came out to set up our home studio, said that I with the mattresses up against the wall, which you guys laughed at me, for I actually have the best acoustic soundproofing of any of the three of us.
Speaker 2: I don't think I could speak into microphone with any real gravitas with a mattress up against the side of my face. Well you'll be echoy then and then I will be echo. Okay, But I'm not staring at a mattress going Good Morning Melbourne.
Speaker 1: The christ John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: What's going to happen with old Frankie boy, your personal trainer?
Speaker 3: Well it could be the last day today. I'm going to see him after the show.
Speaker 2: That's sad, but you know you do. You're saying last week. It's a year of doing personal training, you know, and looking after yourself and getting fitter and stronger. What are you going to do to keep yourself healthy?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: I can keep going until they, I guess say that gyms are one of the things that you can't go to anymore.
Speaker 2: A swimming hall still open they shouldn't be. How here they are the monkeyest places on earth. It's a swimming pool. How are they still open right now?
Speaker 10: Laurie?
Speaker 2: We can't go and watch the footy. The chlorine is so.
Speaker 4: Strong burns your eyes to tip extra in it.
Speaker 2: We need to be stopped pining chlorine. If we get COVID nineteen, just go for swim at public baths. Burn it off. No one.
Speaker 3: I've noticed that franks though they were going strong on hand sanitizer.
Speaker 2: And I was in the gym yesterday and they've got it everywhere.
Speaker 3: I noticed yesterday it started to be watered down. I guess they can't get anywhere. It's more liquidy than it was the days before.
Speaker 2: Really, Yeah, I noticed there was a couple of people at the gym yesterday I was in that had those you know sort of clubs at paramedics where those very thin Yeah, the latex Yes, latest working out using the latext yes, very very long. All right, then, so we're doing knockoff Friday. So does this mean you'll be doing a home workout?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: If I can be self motivated, that's the best.
Speaker 2: We have to talk about this next week, don't we Right, we're busy today, but next week we have to get on. Are people going to try? And because I've got some kettlebells at home and the amount of times with good intents, I'm going now I'm going to start working out. I'm gonna do a workout at home. It's my strength and conditioning in the carriage. How often do people do people actually work out at home?
Speaker 3: We bought one of the most expensive yoga matick and Bio.
Speaker 2: We got it from I've got one too. We never bring up used it once in eighteen months. It's the world's most expensive because one hundred and something Bucks made somewhere up a hill somewhere in him lay my coat herder right time. Next week we're going to show home workouts. All right, What tell me you're knocking off today? Nine four one one four three David? Good morning, coome oning guys. Good morning David. I hope you're well, hope you're safe, and I hope you had a good week.
Speaker 10: Oh so far, so good.
Speaker 2: What are you up to this weekend? What time you're knocking off the day? Mate?
Speaker 10: Knocking off at three oh five. I'm a teacher, so the kids finish at three. I'm out five minutes later. I bet you are thirty minutes after that. I'll have a run in one hand and a whiskey in the other.
Speaker 2: Alcohol can kill bacteria. That and chlorine, we've learned from Pats this morning, Doctor Pats.
Speaker 10: Wow, small purposes.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you need it. And how are you feeling about teaching the kids at the moment? Are you worried about yourself? Look?
Speaker 10: No, not really at the moment. The kids generally are pretty good. We make sure before recess and lunch that they wash their hands with soap and there's not much else we can do.
Speaker 2: Any as a school going to be open next week that you teach her as far as I know, right, Okay, well listen, you enjoy your drinks this afternoon. Okay, we'll do all right, Thanks David, take care, I have a nice weekend. Let's thanks all not mate, Tracy, good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good, Tracy? Have you well? What time you knocking off the day? Mate?
Speaker 10: I'm not going to ask at five, but my sister has just got herself a new puppy and I am dying to go over and play with it.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's nothing cu to than puppies. Are they?
Speaker 3: What kind of done is there?
Speaker 1: It's a kavoodle that it's only like eight or nine weeks old. So she got up last week, so.
Speaker 7: Monday I got the head of day after I got to puppy six for the day because he was too little to.
Speaker 2: Stay at home on his own.
Speaker 7: And then yeah, then I have to fight with my niece about who gets the most paddles?
Speaker 2: And are you doing social distancing? When you go around you're going to be a meet and a half away from the puppy and your friends.
Speaker 1: Get real no, you know, we're a family that shared virus, is all.
Speaker 2: Right, Tracy, Thank you very much, Take care, enjoy the puppy, Love the show, guys. That's Tracy. Bye bye, Shane, goome oning.
Speaker 9: Goot a question.
Speaker 2: I've knocked off, knocked off, good Man? And how come he knocked off already?
Speaker 9: Basically I was supposed to unload last night. I drive a truck from in the state and the transport section where I had to go didn't didn't need it until this morning. So I started at six and finished at seventeen thirty. And I'm a return caller. I was the lightning Man way back.
Speaker 2: And yeah remember yeah, yeah, it was that last year.
Speaker 9: I think, yeah, yeah, that's right. And so I'm going home. I've got a doctor's appointment for hand therapy at eleven and then I'm going to be rebuilding my land Cruiser for the rest of the day. And yeah, basically looking forward to the morrow with the family and just doing whatever.
Speaker 2: Good Man, what do you enjoy Shane, have a lovely weekend, Take care mate, love the show again, thanks mate. Good to speak to catch up with the Lightning Man. Rachel. Good morning, Oh, good morning, Hi guys. Hi, Yes, Rachel, one last call them before we head into leaves. Rachel, what tell me you knocking off the day? Mate?
Speaker 1: He is today at three forty and what are you doing after that?
Speaker 7: I'm going down to the pub with a few of the other teachers at school.
Speaker 2: This weekend. The only people in pubs are going to be teachers getting on it and right loose.
Speaker 7: Oh we need it, we need it.
Speaker 2: You do? You absolutely do, Rachel. Wherever you are, then you have a great couple of drinks this afternoon.
Speaker 7: Thanks you too, guys, take it.
Speaker 1: Thanks all for Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey Patsy, I sowd Jack earlier the photo of the where we Love God your husband Chris. So this is this is he's doing. He's doing the classic guy move that I would do. So he's broken and lost his glasses.
Speaker 5: Right, he squashed his glasses.
Speaker 4: He fell asleep in the arm chair and squash them down inside.
Speaker 2: A classic dad movie? Is it? That is basically what he Dad? And then rather than go to the optometrist to get a new pair and get measured out and retested, what's he doing at the moment to see the TV?
Speaker 4: He got a lawn chair an outdoor chair. And you know how big our telly is. It's like the Imax screen. Right, get home yesterday and here's the outdoor chair about two meters back.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's sat right, he's almost sat in it. Yes, it's incredible. So that rather than go to the optometrists and get a new pair of glasses, yes, amazing, that's.
Speaker 4: Such a gime like out of spite, he's so angry with himself. Out of spite he refuses to get And they're not just for reading.
Speaker 5: He can't see.
Speaker 3: So if you're sitting on the couch, he's just sitting in front of you on the on the camp what.
Speaker 5: You can see is like he's outline in the middle of the screen.
Speaker 2: It's up the back of a hitchcock, isn't it in his director's chair or a lawn chair. And it's one Those are the ones you go when you're on like a camping trip or something. Yeah, it's got Yeah, it's the fire. That one's the wholester for the drink and everything. It's a good look in the front room. Having that, all right, let's try this then, for everyone who is working from home, I want you to text in or call me up and tell me something your kids did, but call them your co workers. So for me, yesterday I was working from home and my co workers went out to the oval opposite the house and made out their boyfriends and then called me sad.
Speaker 3: That oval gets so much not from me. Maybe you should try it.
Speaker 2: I think it's powers don't work on me. It's a kryptote of sorts, all right. So for everyone who's working from home, tell me something your kids did, but call them your co workers. You can still take partners. You haven't got kids, your pets will become your co workers. So if you've been working from home, tell me something your kids did, but call them your co workers. So for Brian, she is texted in my co worker, it's obviously your kid danced around the living room holding is tinkle shouting I need a poo poo. We have a very similar set up here with Huggy. Somedays, Maria, my co workers will have no pants on. Bundy, my coworker throws his food on the floor, then lays down and eats it off the floor. So call us up now nine four three, or you can text them if you want. Four seventy five three one four three. Tell us something your kids did, but call them your co workers.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So for everyone who has been working from home this week, we're asking this morning, tell us something your kids did, but call them your co workers. And if you don't have kids, your pets can become your co workers. So chat for you.
Speaker 3: My coworker got on the bench and ate the salt. She's now sitting by the back fence hoping to avoid punishment.
Speaker 2: Some of the ones that are coming in. My colleague threw sticks in the river and then had a bubble bath. That's from Michael Petro. My co worker ate the whole month apply of cookies in the very first day of lockdown. Yeah, I've been turning to some of our supplies. There's too much. There's too much abundance of food at the moment. It's too it's too too much temptation, William. My co workers they had a tub of the teller with a spoon, then slammed each other's chocolate faces into the white couch. William, what are you thinking? If you've got little kids the white couch, they will wreck it. They were a record, beautiful thing like that vow. My four co workers played with the cricket ball in the lounge room smashed a window. Forty eight hours later, they did the entire thing again after having it repaired. Steve, one of my coworkers, shouted from the bathroom, I'm having a wi wi while I was on a conference call with the office. See this is what's going to happen now, isn't it, Ella, especially once we get into the Easter holidays. Ella, My co workers captured me and used me as a horse. This comes from Kelly. My colleague made a sock puppet called Sean and put the tail on the front instead of the back, giving Sean. Here we get it. Kelly Shas, my co worker discovered ganging style for the first time on YouTube and now wants to make it the workplace soundtrack and play it on a loop. Helen, my co worker, is screaming because I won't let him lick the window. Joanne is saying. My coworker went and a source to tambourine after being asked to keep quiet because a senior co worker, Bracket's dad, had a conference call with the rest of the office and then there went berserk with the tambourine being smashed around the house.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Alright, then, so for everyone who's been working from home the last few days, tell us something your kids did, but call them your co workers, and if you don't have kids, you can use your pets as well. Christian. My coworker refused to empty the dishwasher then stormed off in a tantrum. Nothing unusual, just the regular dob at the office. Really. That's from Dave. My co worker got a breakfast chocolate ball stuck up his nose. I had to help him get it out and they just ate it. Know me. Workers maared sunscreen all over the TV desk and floor. That's onmiling. Yeah, I'm a I. One of my kids did that years ago when they were young. It's a nightmare getting it all off. It's got that the grease that he leads to us. I just caught my coworker doing a poo in the backyard and then proceed and do a loop, come back and start to eat it. One of my coworkers threw up on the bedspread after drinking water head upside down from the bathroom basin. That's from Steph My co worker Bilbo Baggins came into my study, licked between my toes and then nuzzled my crotch whilst smiling and wagging his butt. I hope that's a pet. My co worker Chester sits on a banana lounge on the deck and then lits his coworkers all day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast, is he weak?
Speaker 2: And that We've had a lot going on this week? So much going on, seems like they set up to something. But yes, he just back me up here. You know, I've been busy.
Speaker 3: Actually feels like a less busy week because there's been less things.
Speaker 2: Because oh you know, I've been rushing here, rushing there doing deals. Deal's falling down, Deal's back up. Today at one o'clock, I'm doing an interview with the Age. It's hustle, Hustle, bustle. That is cool. You're doing an interview about Heroes Gold. Yeah, it's lovely, Yeah it is good. But our sales director Whitey is going to be in on the interview as well. He didn't have anything to do with Hero's Gold, and what he's done is drink a slab a bit. I don't remember they're interviewing him as a happy customer or something. But yeah, he's jumping on it. It's through charity. Had literally nothing to do with sales, but you know what they're like out there, grab him, grab hands is in on the interview yesterday, I had one thing to do. Okay. The last couple of weeks, the kids have been at fever pitch because Harry Stiles is coming at the end of the year. Yes, we all know that November is the month when everything is going to be okay. All we keep hearing is they've countered that they postponed. It is going to be happening at the end of the year in November. James Bond's coming out, the Olympics have probably in November. Everything is going to be in the World's Greatest November. Harry Starles, when's he coming out November? Now? I love Harry Styles. I think he's a brilliant modern pop star. It's got a good look about him, really really great voice, and I think he's cool. So the kids and I were all really excited. I was supposed to get the tickets yesterday and a lot going on, It's been a lot going on. I was buying a table tennis table yesterday. Got a lot going on. I just forgot having him told the kids. Is it sold out of seats? This is the biggest star in the world. He's cooled, He's it right now, Harry Stars. He's got it all going on, and I just totally forgot. I haven't told the kids yet, and at some point of the weekend I need to let them know that I haven't got any tickets yet. By the way, do you guys know that Rio, our producer, left work early yesterday to go and get his tickets? What Harry Stars fan? What is a guy in his mid twenties, creepy mc creek single, hanging around going what a man of sugar?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: This is the guy who sings are you upstairs? Are you downstairs? Look out for him at the Harry Stars. Did you get your tickets? I did get tickets yet, I'm flying back to Sydney for the concert. He's dropped that one, and so I insist that he gives me the tickets him immediately, wasn't it me?
Speaker 3: He bought them on work time?
Speaker 2: They taken a.
Speaker 4: Bowl like a Christian anyha, what the day off after?
Speaker 2: So yeah, I was supposed to get the Harry Starles tickets yesterday. So when did you totally forget something? When did you just totally forget nine four one oh four three. I remember many years ago, before we had kids, my wife was away for a weekend and I was left to my own devices. And if you are ever left to your devices as a guy, you go feral within half an hour. Just I just break down. Living off the land. And it was a Saturday night, and to come back from a good evening at the pub and got in Iran like, oh, cracky, the local Chinese is still open. I'll order a takeaway and go and walk down the bottom of the road to pick it up. So about twenty minutes later I went down to go and pick it up, and I thought I'll take the dog with me as well. Late night walk. I come home, eat the food and I'm thinking it doesn't mean eating it right, thinking, dog's normal all over me? Where's the dog? Where's the dog? It's still tied, yes, lagging down there. It's now midnight. No one around. The dog is like sat there like I thought you'd go for.
Speaker 1: The brown balls.
Speaker 2: Better be some.
Speaker 3: There's more heartbreaking than Mally and me.
Speaker 2: And Hashey, I totally forgot. I had at that time my life as well, had a lot going on as well, a lot of things going on.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So yesterday I had one job basically and the kids asking. Months ago, Witness announced Harry Styles is coming to Melbourne's coming to Australia at the end of the year. November. November the month that's been here mark for everything to get shoved, just like a sea saw. Everything's been pushed out at the end of the sea saw. That's mark in November. The rest of it's all a bit top heavy at the moment. And so I totally forgot that. Yesterday it was the day of tickets we're going on sale. Obviously it completely sold out within seconds. So when did you totally forget? Nine four one four one o four three Kate, Good morning, Hello Kate.
Speaker 7: Hello Christian. Okay, okay, yeah, you had a great show.
Speaker 2: Thank you. That's very kind. And Kate, what's your story for then about when you totally forgot?
Speaker 7: I totally forgot my baby share or two with my new baby son, and I didn't realize until the next morning, and I and I woke up in bed and I go, oh shit, I was supposed to be at the baby share yesterday. We were putting an extension on the house and my husband was waiting to hear about a new job, and there was just so much.
Speaker 2: On going on like me yesterday.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, exactly, I could relate to there. And so I said to my husband, I can't. Let's take the boys, you know, the two older boys, especially to go pson them to see this big washing wary ship scene. And this would be for mobile phones. So we weren't even home. The very cool to say, you know, where are you? So yeah, so totally forgot, So we know there with two bunches of flails and shapes of apologies and grovels, and then the lady says, oh, that's all right, we had and nice, how are you here? Here's all your presies are.
Speaker 2: Still the preses? Yeah, the prey. Yeah, that's important, all right.
Speaker 10: They did forgive Okay, have a lovely.
Speaker 2: Weekend, mate, thanks for calling the show.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Okay, all good bye.
Speaker 2: Let's have a word with the old chuckle. They're working for the opposition, so it's all right. She was, yeah, while were you raising your eyes? Then? During that cool you fraud Beverly. Good morning, Hello, good morning hello Beverly. And what did you totally forget?
Speaker 11: Well, it was it was actually my husband. It was about twenty years ago when the kids were at all and we had a flight booked to go up to Queensland. The taxi didn't turn up. It was getting later and later. We made the last minute.
Speaker 7: Decision to put the kiss in the car.
Speaker 11: We drove to the airport. We we didn't think we're going to make it. We got to the airport and my husband looked at them and said, you take the two year old and the suitcases and get the baby on. He said, I'll pack the car and bring the baby. She was six months old, and I rushed in. I got I got us booked into the flight, and then a few minutes later, I'm waiting out on the top half. He came rushing up saying, you know, did you get us on?
Speaker 6: Did you get us on?
Speaker 11: And I said yeah, And I looked at him and said.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, it's the baby, Oh my god.
Speaker 11: And he left the car in valet car party. He ran back and the whole valet attendant looking very pale, with his hands out in FID.
Speaker 2: Weeks.
Speaker 11: He's gone, he's gone to park the car, looked in the back suitca the baby is sleeping a capsule.
Speaker 3: I better get a good tip for this.
Speaker 1: Ye oh, good good, Beverty.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, your story mate. How a nice week can stay safe? Thank you all right? Just beb one last one Simon and Bentley. Good morning, Simon, I the cardinal sin.
Speaker 8: I'd forgotten my last birthday.
Speaker 2: Oh dear. And how long into her birthday was it before she actually reminded you and told you?
Speaker 8: She reminded me about nine o'clock in the morning, that had dropped twenty of hints the night before, which I.
Speaker 10: Did not stick up on well.
Speaker 2: And then what did you have to do to try and make good because once you've forgotten, there's no one forgetting it.
Speaker 8: There was no excuse I could provide. I admitted my mistake, and I didn't even have time for the kids to make cards for her as well, which we normally do every year. What's going on this time of the year. But yeah, married twenty.
Speaker 2: Years, No excuse my bad, Simon. Thank you very much. You killed have a nice weekend, stay safe, all right.
Speaker 1: The question O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: How come you've just had a little squirt of the hands Santois in his studio.
Speaker 3: And maybe it was subconscious because Pats it's in Patter's news that all the real estate agents have to provide.
Speaker 2: It's like a sketch, isn't it. They're not They're not touching anything. What they're kick and open the door. Hi, today's that work time waste full disclosure. The ones I'm about to waste your time with suck. They ricochet wildly without hitting funny town. H The idea is today's National Awkward Day. And so we're asking you to make a movie awkward. Have you got anything decent?
Speaker 3: I got hail Mary at the end that Mike gotta laugh.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do my Crouching Tiger hidden camera. Yeah, Eat, pray, shove, sweat Patch Adams awkward. We need to talk about Kevin space. That is awkward and the flaccid and the furious. Okay, so that's why I wants to make your movie awkward. Edward's sweaty hair. By the way, why do you breathe him before doing some of yours? Sometimes it's like you're going to lift up a heavyweight or maybe it is today in the core. Sorry if you go, then awkward movies? What have you got? Jack Edward's sweaty hands? He's so awkward, he's got sweaty hands. Forgetting Sarah Marshall's name Susan Marshall, and then hail Mary passed. Yep, go for it. The floor's yours.
Speaker 3: The girl on the train who you sort of know but don't know so well that you want to talk to her all the way to the city. You know, it's awkward when you're get on like a train or a bus, and you see someone you know and you have to sit next to them and.
Speaker 2: Get to see him move.
Speaker 1: On The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Were you the local sort of tough at school? Every school allowed that person that everyone was frightened off? Swinging around that little door snake? The door snake just now, did you see her swinging it around like she's going to belt your eye with it? Was someone she's never far away, never far away from her threats the pats Father. All right, today's that word time waster. Awkward movies. Today is National Awkward Moment Day. Does that changed what I said five minutes ago?
Speaker 3: I think that is the right one.
Speaker 2: Though, Yeah it is, isn't it? Okay? So you're awkward movie, So they ask you to make a movie? Awkward? Jack? You ready to Mark?
Speaker 10: What was that?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm ready, I'm ready. Oh brother, whife, aren't though? Silver Ken going in right at the top of the highbrow stuff. Thank you, Kenny. When Harry met Sanny's parents, Yeah, silvil plus down in Mainstone, uncomfortable, silence of the lamps, silver plus Paul in Mount Waverley. Blush hour, Oh my blushing, so awkward. Bronze et extra testicle. Sadly, we had over twenty of those, and I have counted them from various listeners. Shame on the listeners.
Speaker 3: Uh collective Gold then Caney, I forgot the baby Silver You've got male a rectile dysfunction?
Speaker 2: Dave, come on, keep pick clean listeners. Bronze, what's up with them today? Sex toy story?
Speaker 1: Right, I'm stopping these the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I noticed you've been distracted during today's show looking at your phone. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Distracted is the right word. Mum has reached out to me asking if her and dad can stay at our house. For two weeks of isolation.
Speaker 2: Why but you you're there.
Speaker 3: My brother and his fiance have been in Morocco. They've actually had a hard time coming back. They had to get an emergency flight to London and then back home to Melbourne.
Speaker 2: They'll get here to sorrow. How stressful they have to do the.
Speaker 3: Two weeks self isolation. They feel fine, but they you know, it's wise for everybody coming into the country to do it. Mum is worried to be in contact with them. They live at mum and Dad's house at the moment, so she has not really even asked, just said will we should come and live with you in Bianca?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Myosition Now.
Speaker 3: I love my mum And she does listen to the show and listens to every podcast. So Mum, when you listen to this, I love you. But the second bedroom.
Speaker 2: Starts first of all with the question yes, I mean there's only one answer, but it starts with the question. And also your spare bedroom, as we know, has now had the mattress turned up against the wall and is a home studio.
Speaker 3: It's been blown up. It's Jackie Road Studios now and Jackie Road Studios is just kicking off. We can't have people sleeping in Jackie Res.
Speaker 2: You're talking to the wrong people. He keeps looking desperate, like we're mum and we're not your mum and dad. I'm just looking told you that before.
Speaker 3: Well, then the alternative is to put them out on the couch in the living room.
Speaker 2: We can't.
Speaker 5: You and sleep out on the couch?
Speaker 2: Yeah for two weeks? No, we can't do that.
Speaker 5: No, caren't they stay in a motel.
Speaker 2: That's living room. There's not a good idea either now being in someone that they know it's hard, isn't it got to look after the oldies. They need to be kept safe.
Speaker 3: Oh I said that to them as well. And they need to took offense and that I considered them.
Speaker 2: Did the other day, was I So we're not gonna have a race, old man, it's seventy ego. That's it. People don't like you saying to them, Hey, you got to take it easy. No, I could drag the bed out of Jackie Road Studios. Yeah, that would take you two minutes. I mean that with the most decent thing you're going to have to. But then it's going to get set up in the living room.
Speaker 5: What about the soundproofing.
Speaker 2: Then yeah, and I thought a few Mum and dad, if they want to have a little bit of a lone time, make another little Jackie. Now I'm not having them. I can't have that in my head. Don't come and knop and knocking. Hi moment had a rocket in the studios. We're just laying down a new track.
Speaker 1: Good Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for everyone this week for listening to the shows. Please look after yourselves over the weekend and be smart stay safe if that applies to you too as well. So what are you doing with your new safe social distancing weekends?
Speaker 3: Well, you know what.
Speaker 4: We were meant to go to friends for lunch tomorrow and we rang them yesterday and said it's a good idea. They said, no, I come over, but I don't. I don't think we will.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 5: I just don't think it's polite.
Speaker 4: And they've got a new grand kid coming along as well.
Speaker 2: You don't like him the sound yet, I don't like the sound.
Speaker 5: Of when their daughter in law is pregnant. I don't think it's right that we go.
Speaker 2: The one decent thing about this week is it's a great thing to get out of just hanging out with people. Isn't it the premium ext it's being used. No one can say anything. My wife even't used it with me. We're supposed to have some alone time today, but she said we daren not with COVID around. I'm too worried about it, Chris.
Speaker 3: Are you are your limits with your wife?
Speaker 2: Social distancing? How do you meet? And a half apart?
Speaker 5: We figured out we had to move it from the other day.
Speaker 2: We don't have a Saturday start ting trick me, Tyler. Today's show is what are we going to call it? Making a Well? I don't approve of that, but it doesn't matter. Making a new Jackie. We are back Monday morning. Have a nice weekend, Take care.
Speaker 1: Hello The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast