Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload the podcast and last weep theirline welcome back guys to TV Reload. My name is Benjamin Norris and on this podcast I go behind the scenes with the biggest players in television. Each episode you will get a front row seat with content makers like executive producers, writers, editors and casting agents, plus the talent that we see on our screens. TV Reload reloads the shows that you are currently watching and gives you a better insight into our television industry and our streaming services today. On the podcast, I have Australian Entertainment Royalty Kate Lambrook, who after decades of radio, has made a big move to television. Yes, we've seen her on The Project, the Panel and of course shows like have You Been Paying Attention, But we've never seen Kate like this. The show is brand new for Channel nine. It's called My Mum Your Dad and it is the latest reality TV show that is a surefire hit. The premise is interesting single parents being inspired on by their children as they go no one dates with other single parents. Yes, it is very juicy. The show is addictive and I think we will be talking about it for years. ITV Studios is seriously kicking some goals, and Kate is an interesting choice for the show, but it totally works. I'm sorry, full disclosure, I'm a big Kate Lambrook fan, and I really throw away the script and I get to have a good yarn with someone who I've really looked up to for a very long time, which for me is a career highlight. We will talk about Hughesy and if she misses him, we unpack her hesitancy to take on this role in reality TV. And I also really wanted to know what Kate watches at home. Then there is plenty more from a wise woman with a great sense of humor. However, let's get started with today's guest. I'd like to welcome Kate Lambrook to TV Reload.
Speaker 2: Straightaway. When I watched it, I went, this is amazing, open your ears to a whole world. Was more surprised than me when I ended up posting this show.
Speaker 1: I would love for Dad to find that special someone love you.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's reality, so it's got to have a little bit of you know, it's got to have a little bit of a saucy seasoning. They have no idea. Who's really bringing their hearts together. I was just like, I am here for it. I was crying with them, I was laughing with them. Kate Lanbrook presents my mom, your dad. The kids know their parents in some cases better than the parents know themselves.
Speaker 1: Hi Kate, thank you for lending your beautiful and infectious personality to my podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh been imagine if I'm just a massive downer through the whole, I'd be like, Hi, Ben, this is not a good time for me.
Speaker 1: Still be good, Like I I just I don't know. I think back to my journey of my love of you, listening to you on radio before than the panel, like I think, I just think that you have a bit of a gift with your humor, and I don't know, it's a surprise to me to see you on this sort of a reality show, but I'm here.
Speaker 2: It's a surprise, isn't it. Well, I do, like, I mean, I sort of the last the last few years, really, I think I've been on for doing things that are a bit different, like starting I guess with moving to Italy. I think that kind of and when I stopped doing the show with Hughsey, which was a very hard decision to make. I kind of wanted to do things that were probably more difficult for me to do, whereas doing the show with him was just so easy, and he would always go, not even a job, doesn't feel like a job. But then I do like to hold my book up to him and go, which I have a copy here of. And this is what I say to Hughsey when I see him. I go, see this, Hughsey, three hundred and sixty pages or whatever. That's what two years of not working with you looks like. But this is me, Yeah, this is me, right, this is mine. So he's like, I know, I know, I've always said you're a superstar alway, but yes, it's been really good. And no one was more surprised than me when I ended up hosting this show.
Speaker 1: Well, what's interesting to me was that I was talking to a PDA at one of the radio stations at the a PD that you must have had the radio station, and we're talking about relationships with people on radio, and he said, I've been working on radio. I think he said like thirty or forty years. He looked old, so I'm assuming it was thirty forty years in the radio industry. In Australia. The only two co hosts that actually like each other and get along off the radio and on the radio and everything is Husy and Kate. He's like, I don't know anyone else.
Speaker 2: Well, we have always had a well not always early on we had we had to sort of, you know, knock the edges off our stones by letting the river of time and understanding flow off it over us, you know, But we have a genuine love and regard for each other that is undiminish. And well now when we talk to each other, which we do all the time, we just I just love talking to him and I do miss the I miss seeing him every day and talking to him, but I don't miss having to be somewhere every day, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? Absolutely, I mean, but how pomped are you to be back on TV in such a big, glossy show.
Speaker 2: It has been such a beautiful experience that I am pinching myself over it because I've I normally say no to things I've said I've say no to. That was always the joke with me and Husy that Husy can't say no to to work, and he's a workaholic. And I can't say yes to work yet. That when I saw the initial premise for this show, I loved it so much that within a couple of days it was done that I was hosting it. Wow, and girlfriend Georgie Harrop, who you know.
Speaker 1: I love her. I'm upseessed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love love, love, love love love. And she's so brilliant. She's so brilliant, and she keeps saying to me, this is a U show, this is a U show. And I was like, and her best at I've got a book, I'm going to the Sydney Ritis Festival, you know, blah. But I was just busy. I said, I know, it sounds ridiculous. I don't have time to watch anything. She's like, just please watch it. I think it's you. I think you'd love it. And straight away when I watched it, I went, this is amazing. It's amazing. I'd love to be a part of it. If anyone's going to drive it into the ditch, it's going to be.
Speaker 1: Me and do it proudly. But I think, my mum, your dad, this show is great to see you because it is a vehicle that I think does work for you. And I've watched the first few episodes, and you're really good in this, and you're good in the way that it needs it needs to fly. You're a real person who's it an EmPATH. I think that's the right way to say it. So you can see you connecting to these people who are going on this journey. You're willing to go on it with them.
Speaker 2: I leanin so hard I nearly fell over. I was just like, I am here for it. I was crying with them, I was laughing with them. I just really wanted it to work for them. I wanted it to work because I just think if you have love and then you meet someone who wants love but doesn't have love, you know the power of it, and it's easy to take it for granted. I think, until you don't have it and then when you see Not that I'm ruining what happens in the show, but just if we were to imagine that it were to work and people on the show were to fall in love, you see how it brings a personal life. You know, It's like when you pick up a stone and run it underwater, how suddenly you can see all the glitter in it. That's what love does to someone. It moistens the rock.
Speaker 1: I mean, and what a joy to watch it up front. But I kept thinking to myself, were you it's Caate Lambrook? Is she a big fan of reality shows? Does she watch reality shows?
Speaker 2: I love reality, but I don't get time to watch a lot of it. And also Peter, who was hooking me up. Peter's one of those let's watch a documentary about World War Two. He's one of those people you know he reads biography, he reads classic novels like he's an elevated good person, whereas I'm a base person who would love to just wagdhe knee deep in rotten old housewives from every state of America if I could. But I don't have the time, although I did. Pet remember when we watched a bit of Ninety Day Fiance together and you quite like that? Didn't you remember that they were in the you know, the Mormons, the Mormon guy who fell in love with the South American girl and she was just totally taking from Yeah, you quite like that, didn't you. Yeah?
Speaker 1: See, it doesn't happen opted in my house as well. Like my partner, he wants to watch a lot of horror stuff, like he'll be watching the jefferent. Oh no, no.
Speaker 2: No, that Peter would be like, let's watch this documentary bookpo Yes, Peter's.
Speaker 1: Like hanging, said Peter, do you know what I really like? And I've just gotten into it recently, and this is so daggy. I was really hungover and Ben was my partner's Ben. He was away and I watched like three Titanic documentaries, like not not documentaries about you know, James Cameron's Titanic.
Speaker 2: But actually no, no about that.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was, I'd gone down the rabbit hole. I was like, I'm a doctor.
Speaker 2: Why were you watching three? Were you hoping for a different ending to watch three? Well?
Speaker 1: No, they were all good because they are like, you know, this is the secrets of what happened.
Speaker 2: And I would like to say that actually you'd like that, wouldn't right? You're singing from his songbook.
Speaker 1: You've got to watch it. It's on YouTube. I don't even think you need to find it on even on a streaming platform.
Speaker 2: And I've watched so much cycling. Peter's a cyclist, so we watch the Tour France, we watch the Giroditalia, we watch the Welter in Spain. But he won't even give me. He won't watch the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills with me.
Speaker 1: How is he supposed to know that Kathy Hilton and Lisa Rinna and this fight and who's right and who's wrong?
Speaker 2: He doesn't know, and I have to hear it vicariously through other girlfriends of mine.
Speaker 1: In my mind, I believe that you're Lisa in a fan Kate. So I'm just going to run with that. Anyway, we're getting off Lisa.
Speaker 2: I'm doing Lisa Renna lips for you.
Speaker 1: Very convincing, but also good that they go back to normal Kate Lambrouck lips, because those lips are white, scary on her.
Speaker 2: My thin, cruel Dutch lips.
Speaker 1: It is all good, but we are going off on a tangent because we're now talking about Titanic and that's not what people have. That's not what you know what.
Speaker 2: We don't crash into an iceberg on my mum and your dad. Well, you could, some people, some people might.
Speaker 1: We'd go to ship. Did you have any hesitations on signing up for a show, And you know that's in a space which there is so much room for drama.
Speaker 2: I had I had a meeting with the executive from nine and ITV who made the show for nine, and when I spoke with them, I just trusted them. I really trusted them, which is a crazy thing to say, because who in showb is, you know, would trust a producer. And yet I was right. And Chloe, who produces this show, was just incredible in terms of the thought, the sensibility, the her genuine desire for it to be right and not to be I mean, it obviously has that. I mean, it's reality, so it's got to have a little bit of you know, it's got to have a little bit of a saucy seasoning. But the heart of it was what they all spoke about and was what I responded to from the start because I loved love and I love a fairy tale and they couldn't have it couldn't have been better. It could not have been better. And they were across everything, and they know how to make reality, you know, and Channel nine makes the best reality shows.
Speaker 1: So they really do it. Like Adrian Swift to Channel nine, he is so lovely and so amazing. He gets it. David Moss from Mardi from ITV Studios.
Speaker 2: He gets well, I used to work with Modi at Channel teen. So in one of my first, one of my first zooms, it was with him. So that was great. And he knows me because he knows me from way back when he would know what would suit me and what didn't you know? Absolutely, And I was a little bit cautious at first, but not after that first conversation, and I had no At no point was there was I like, oh my goodness, this is you know, I've been sold a pig in a pope. It was just like they were true to their intention, what their stated intention.
Speaker 1: I just pictured you at some point when the show came across your desk being like, I don't know, this is my interpretation of who you are as a person. But I'd be like, I can't imagine Kate Lambrok wanting to do this show if it's going to be gratuitously salacious, or you know, if it was going to be grotty reality television. Do you know what I mean? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't. Yeah, you're right, because you know I am a bit prudish, so I don't want things to be Yeah, like you said, gratuitously, although I love it Ntandre, so make sense of that if you will, but I didn't want I didn't want people to be demean or. I just couldn't be that for them, or for men, or for anyone in the room really, But it doesn't have that spirit at all. And I mean in these moments of cringe, of course, because the kids are watching their parents kiss. Can you imagine?
Speaker 1: But that's what's cius about this, don't you reckon? Like, you know, is there anything brutal than your own children when it comes to recoupling? I mean, yes, why this show is so amazing because you know, I talk about this with my This subject matter is something I talk about with my girlfriends and my friends all the time about what our parents are like in their second or third relationship. And it is que, you know, it is, And the kids are the ones that have the most amount to say about it.
Speaker 2: And so the kids actually controlling the direction and getting a lot of influence over the path that their parents' love life is going to take is actually really clever because what you find out from this show is the kids know their parents in some cases better than the parents know themselves. And that, for me as a parent, was really gave me pause for thought, really, because we're so focused on. You know, I have four of them, and it's it's a lot of sacrifice to do it well. And I'm not a Showbi's mum, as in, I'm a proper mother and Petter is a proper father. We are hands on and we do what we believe needs to be done to the best of our ability and given our time for the children. And that does mean sacrifice. So getting single parents kind of means double that really. But you're so focused on the kids and what they need that you don't realize that the kids the whole time, their whole life, are looking at you. They see you so clearly. Even the bit you've tried to edit from yourself, you've tried to sanitize parts of yourself, you know, they totally know it. And so these kids they didn't have to watch their parents. You know, they could opt out from the room or I don't mean they had to leave the show, but they just didn't have to see anything that they weren't comfortable with. But they were like, we're here for this sort of sometimes through you know, Pete Fingers.
Speaker 1: But of course, of course I was at the Channel nine brunch that they did after the logis earlier. This year where we got to see the first glimpse of this, and straight away I was like, ah, I was like everyone, so many people have been in these scenarios, like so many. This is opening up conversation. It's opening up and ability for parents to think about what their children really think of them. And that's a good conversation to have, you know.
Speaker 2: And also I just love the selflessness of the kids being the one saying I want this for you. You don't have this aspect of yourself, of your life, and there's a big hole here in that would be filled by romance and you don't have it. I want it for you. But that's just so nice because it's going to make the kids' lives complicated too.
Speaker 1: Absolutely it does. It does in the real world. You know, parent's recovered, it's going to be complicated and it's always going to be drama and a lot of emotions involved, you know, because there's a lot going on. I mean, you would know this yourself with the fact that you're in a relationship that's been going for how long now, like how long have you two been together for?
Speaker 2: Well, it only feel is that six months? But it's twenty something.
Speaker 1: Years, isn't that amazing though. I mean I've been with my partner now for thirteen years, and in gay years, that's a hundred years.
Speaker 2: So really, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: But I just think it's this is why for me, I thought you were really good for this show, Like I am not all what it was going to be and get to know what the concept is. But I think you being in a successful relationship for this long and being a mother who understands being a mum and being in tune with these children gives you an understanding and the ability to stand there and be confident about what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: You know, that's so funny you say that because I say to my girlfriends all the time, like single girlfriends or whatever, and they're always like, I was talking to blah blah about it. I'm like, do you know what, if you want really to have a relationship that works, why don't you talk to someone who's in a relationship that works. Why are you talking to your other single girlfriends.
Speaker 1: Over two bottles of white wine?
Speaker 2: You don't know she's single. She doesn't know either. But then, but you know that thing that we do as humans, we like to look in a mirror of us. No one wants to look at some tired fucking mother of four who's been with her partner for twenty three years or whatever. That's not exciting. What's exciting is to talk to your single girlfriend. He goes, don't date him. I didn't like his shoes. See how that's working out for you? Well, you know, girls, we do this thing to each other where we will we'll focus on what we don't like about a guy, whereas I'm like, we just look hollowed foundations. Why would he have nice shoes. He's a single guy and he's not gay. I know you're nice shoes. Do you know what I mean? For a renovator's delight? If you want to get into you know, some DIY. I'm not into DIY myself. I like to find a fully formed person and fall in love with them. But I understand that that's rare.
Speaker 1: I think it's values like when people ask me how I'm in a successful relationship and I'm like, oh am, I you know, because there's obviously the hurdles that comes with it, but it's compromised.
Speaker 2: But you need to have and also you don't I'm always loath to be the person to be Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's couch, because we know how that ends.
Speaker 1: It. Scared if I do mattter like Ben and I got engaged and I proposed him my national television when I won Big Brother, and then people asked me for ages Woman's Day, want to buy a story and sell the pictures of this wedding, and I started. As the years went on, I thought, I'm scared if I get married to him, you know, could it all fall down? You know?
Speaker 2: But we all know people who have got married and then the relationships ended.
Speaker 1: Boom. I've got two of my best girlfriends, two of them they both married and divorced in the same year.
Speaker 2: And Irish twin Peter and I was five months pregnant when we got married. All this sounds like a recipe for success, doesn't it. And I lived with my girlfriend Mish till I was five months pregnant. I said to Peter, I'm not living with you before we get married, because I'd lived with someone before. And I was like, you get all the downside and no upside, Like it's as traumatic as being married. So I said, the next person I live with it will be because I love them enough to marry them. We didn't live together till after our wedding and when I was five months pregnant, and then four months later we had our first baby, and then within six years we had four babies.
Speaker 1: So good though, like but obviously you've had to have nurtured that, you've had to have respected that hour between the two of you.
Speaker 2: It's not There's a lot to be said for making a good choice, which you do not know that you've made until you encounter. If you live long enough, life's going to just smack you across the face with a wet fish and you don't know till that happens what the person that you've chosen to spend your life with is made of. And luckily, Peter Lewis is just like a piece of gold. He's just beautiful.
Speaker 1: But if you get a piece of God, you've got to look after it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Oh I had it, I hadn't be Where would you hide your most valuable possession.
Speaker 1: I just tell him, you can't leave the house in case you meet someone else. No, I just I don't know. I think that he's a different person to the person I got together with, But we have interesting we have similar values. We have very strong relationships with our mothers, and our family are our siblings. So family is important, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, funny you say that because Peter has a great relationship with his mother, who I also adore my mother in law, and I would say, look for someone who's got a great relationship with their mother, not a mummy's boy or whatever, just a toxic relationship, just a genuine love and respect, because that is that's who you'll be when when you become the wife and you become the mother.
Speaker 1: A lot of other things can be different. Sure, I don't watch the same shows as him, and thank god I don't watch that fucking Jeffrey darmocrab. But he can be his own person as well, Like I don't make him want to be me. I want him to be himself, and I champion him to be that version of himself. So that way we're not the same person either, and it makes it interesting.
Speaker 2: I always find it funny when couples get together and they're like, I hated his grand couch, so I made him throw it out, And I'm always like, why why did you do that?
Speaker 1: Why are you trying to change this person?
Speaker 2: He must well, I understand, but then but then conversing, I think they're a mean I'm only speaking about it from the women's point of view because I'm a woman, but I think they are men also who into that? Oh well, I better ask the boss, you know, that kind of thinking. So maybe they like it, Maybe they like to have their favorite couch throw Now, look.
Speaker 1: This is a whole different podcast. But you know, like I think in some ways, I've got girlfriends that love the fact that the man is in control and they're living in a fifties scenario. They love that they're living.
Speaker 2: In I would love that here, I've got your Martiney ready. I would love that.
Speaker 1: I got written out of the with a friendship circle. I always talk about friendship circles like that's a series of television. But I got written out of a series with a girlfriend because she met a man and she just wanted to become like, we hang up with the girls when she gets free time. Oh, we see the girls. And I was not a girl, and I got riten out what she was living in the fifties. She was like, oh, you know, was.
Speaker 2: She not able to hang out with a guy?
Speaker 1: I think he when he actually yeah, he said to me, I've never met a gay person before.
Speaker 2: And he was, actually, you're a good first gay to meet. I would imagine.
Speaker 1: I thought it was going to be a good thing. I was like, mate, you know, wait till you get to know us a little bit more. And he just looked he was awkward with us.
Speaker 2: He didn't like it. How could he not have met someone gay. I don't even see how that's possible. Even my dad, my darling Dad. He's hematologist who who was his doctor for years, like a fantastic doctor, and he was always like I can't wait for you to meet him, that he loved him, loved him, loved him. And Dad when we came back to see Dad when he was really sick, when we were living in Italy, Lewis and I flew back to see him. He was in hospital and Dad was talking about his doctor and he goes, oh, he's such a lovely man. He says that he's gay, but I don't think he is. And I said this was Dad because Dad was a Christian, right and Dad just couldn't if he loved him. He was like, I don't think this. Guys said that's funny because I was just talking to him and he said his husband was making a roast dinner and Dad, I love Dad. Dad goes, oh, well, maybe he is. Next weekend is my niece's wedding, my dad's granddaughter, my mum and granddaughter. And she Chloe, my beautiful niece, Chloe, and she's marrying a woman. So I'm like, what would Dad be saying in spirit? Well, they're getting married. Maybe she is a lesbian. I don't know if we don't know for sure, because he's.
Speaker 1: Not about the time, though, don't you think like that's about that's about the and the environment they were brought up in. And I don't want to say all old people like that, because some of them are a little bit you know, have been able to get. But I'm never offended by people who are I shouldn't say this, I'll probably get canceled. But I'm never offended by people who are homophobic. I'm never offended about people who are racist. If I feel like they were brought up in a culture that meant that, that's all I know, and so I feel sorry for them a little bit. I'm like, I think there's.
Speaker 2: A tendency to diminish people's experiences and how it's how it's you know, colored the point of view, like, for instance, Peter's Nana lel who our daughter Sunday Lily is named after. She lived through World War Two, so she would obviously have very different feelings about certain races. Then we would have have lived predominantly in peacetime. You know, It's just I always think it's very arrogant of people to judge the past through today's eyes, Like it's just so stupid, like what do we know? We only know what we know. We think we're so superior.
Speaker 1: You just reminded me of something one of the things that you said to me once at a party where people come up and say to you, oh and now I never get the quote right. And I was trying to tell Evie Jones the other day who you know and right, But it was someone came up to you, to me and to you independently and said where do I know you from? What do I know you from?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yes? Yes, people to say that.
Speaker 1: And you go, well, I'm not you. So if I don't, if I'm not you, and I don't know what, I can't remember.
Speaker 2: I this is what I say to people. Now, it depends. Some people are just whatever. But sometimes you don't want to have to stand there and give your whole cv. They go, what do I know you from? And I go, I don't know. I don't know what you do. So I don't know what you know me from. Am I supposed to stand here? Because then inevitably what happens is it's not just being a bitch. Inevitably what happens is I go, oh, well, I work on television. Oh yeah, what TV? And I go, oh, for instance, I go, I might go I do the Project on Tuesday nights. Oh I never watched that. Okay, all right, well maybe you know me from radio. I don't never listen to Commersure radio. So then you just seemed up trying to put pieces together for this asshole that's come up to you in the first place. You're trying to explain to them who you are, and they won't accept it. So it's just you're on a hiding.
Speaker 1: But how to go?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't I don't know what you know. Where do you think you know me from?
Speaker 1: I think it's brilliant because I actually only ever been on Big Brother. That's the only show that I've ever done on that they would know me from. So when they go, what I I know you from? And I'll be like I was on Big Brother. They go, I don't watch that, and I'm like, William, I don't watch because it's the only fucking thing I've been on. So you either think I work at price Line.
Speaker 2: Funny thing. It's such a funny thing, isn't it? And people often think that I'm related to someone or the other day, I was in a bakery in a suburb that I've never been in before. I realized how habitual I am because it was like, Oh, I can go into any bakery and buy life for bread. I don't have to wait till till I get within a five k radius of my house anyone. This woman said, oh, I've served you before, and I said, oh, I don't think you have. She goes, yes, I have. I went okay, Like, what was I going to say?
Speaker 1: You just have to be you just have to agree with them to get out of the situation. Because what I've learned is time, time is money. I've got to go, mate, I've got no time to stand in the bloody supermarket and tell you.
Speaker 2: People think I'm related to someone you live next door to, blah blah. Kevan I'm like, no, I don't they think I'm lying that I don't live near water kevn No, no, no, I don't know why. But it happens so often that you realize how similar humans are. I mean, I once said hello to an actor at the seven eleven because I thought I knew him, and then sorry, mate, so you know, and I'd never meet him. It happens. I totally understand how it happens, but I'm not going to stand there and argue with someone about how I know them.
Speaker 1: Put it that way, we have a little digressed from our talking of sh but because I mean, the message that we have to tell people primarily is to watch this show. But I think they are like Kate, I really feel like this is this is going to hit where TV is kind of missing at the moment, and that is its relatable content and where people can see themselves in these situations. And that's the currency of television is feeling like we are connected and that we can see ourselves in it. And I think there's not many people that are not going to see a bit of themselves in this show.
Speaker 2: Well it's interesting as well because you've got the oldies and then you've got the yummies, but who are all part of the same journey, So that automatically gives it a real textural difference to anything else. But also it's just kind of fun. It's fun. Reality TV is fun. People who don't watch reality TV don't understand that aspect of it.
Speaker 1: Well, you learn from it, I think these days, though, it's kind of morphed. Like back in the day people I don't watch those people in Big Brother.
Speaker 2: You don't learn from it. You learned from it. What have we learned? We've learned nothing collectively as a society, and we've never had more reality TV. We learned nothing. Can't we just enjoy it, just enjoying the peachful moment?
Speaker 1: Not everything is I learned from it? Though, Like I mean, I must admit because my mom, Mom's gonna hate that, I'm going to give the number to this. But mum's been married three times, and so I've been been in my you know, I was probably eight when she married the first second time being not my father, and then I was in my teenage years when she married again. And then you know, she's now in a new relationship because unfortunately my stepfather she was with for twenty six years died, So she's now in a fourth major relationship.
Speaker 2: So three and she's got game.
Speaker 1: You know, people, some people, how does she do it? Mum's beautiful though, like she's a really.
Speaker 2: Yeah she must yeah, she must be.
Speaker 1: She's just met My dad was a bit of a creep. Well he was just a bit lost, to be honest, and he's no longer with us. But then my stepfather, like she married someone really quickly because she wanted us boys to have a male role model. So she's like, I've got to have a male role model.
Speaker 2: Oh that school.
Speaker 1: Then he was a creep. And then she married this man that got sick and died of pan gread of cancer. So like, you know, yes, she's in it. She's about to turn seven in she's in another relationship.
Speaker 2: Wow, racy, Yeah.
Speaker 1: And go good on her, good on it. I'm about to run out of time, so I have to ask you before we get cut off by the bloody zoom. Everyone who joins the podcast gets asked this question, what's something from behind the scenes, something that we won't see, kind of a you know, a deleted behind the scenes moment from you making this show, kind of like a secret you know, like I wasn't always there. I recorded it all one night and.
Speaker 2: We've never been able to get to the bottom of it. The kids ran a mark in their house, and I could tell because the next day when I saw them and they were very like I got on so with them, but I could tell they were just all really weird and they'd had a big party, and then I think they got amorous, some of them. But I knew. I knew as soon as I arrived the next day, I'm like, what is going on here? Like the vibe was just completely different.
Speaker 1: You've got kids, you know, there's a look that kids have when they come into the kitchen in the morning to get their breakfast. If you're a mother, you can see that face and you.
Speaker 2: Know you are cento cento, as the Italians would say, one hundred percent, that you've just got like a little antenna. Even when it's not on, it's on. You just know. I sometimes don't even have to turn around to go what's wrong with you? Don't know? I sound like fun to live with. I don't even bother to any around. I'm just like, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: I'm not even going to look at you.
Speaker 2: No you're not even worth my eyeball heart. I brought to the show Ben, you will enjoy it enormously.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. I can't wait. Well, thank you so much. I can't even thank you enough with your generosity to join on the podcast and talk about the show. I hope people watch it. I hope people love it. I hope they get something from it, and I hope you make millions of dollars out of being asked to come back for seven.
Speaker 2: Television isn't what it was. I mean, let's say tens of dollars, tens, maybe dozens of dollars.
Speaker 1: But you could be doing the show in ten years time. Imagine that if I'm back here talking to you on the.
Speaker 2: Ten years I'm doing it, and I'm like, it's the reunion show.
Speaker 1: We're going to leave it at that.