Speaker 1: Is It Just Me? Podcast by a couple of minches.
Speaker 2: Okay, Doug, it's time to hear from one of our all time favorite guests, Kate Langbrook. This will be the third time she's been on the podcast.
Speaker 3: You know, I can't believe she's in our three timers club?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Headband mate or something.
Speaker 2: If you don't know who she is, she's one of those people you sometimes see popping up on the project. She's done a lot of those panel shows over the years. She's currently hosting My Mum Your Dad on Channel nine, which if you're not up to date, definitely get on board. You can stream it on nine now. And if you're one of those people that thinks, oh, reality TV is not for me, this one's very wholesome, so it makes sense that Kate is hosting it. And how else did you describe her? No No on radio? She used to do hears Me.
Speaker 3: And Kate radio personality. She's a comedian of sorts, very very always funny and very insightful, and she's been great to us. We used to work with her, well, I still work with her, not eymore. She's left Kiss, but she used to be around the building in the office and we formed a connection and she actually asked to come on the show this time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So what happened was when she was doing the promo rounds for my mum you dad, you know, we threw our hat in the ring and said, yeah, we'd love time with Kate if we can. Her manager said no, no, she's got no more time, she's books, she's doing no more press. And then she says, oh, but my mitches, I have to I'll make an exception for my mitches because we just love her. And as per fucking usual, we had ten minutes with her, but it went for forty. The three of us are together, you just can't shout us up.
Speaker 3: Really, we're all very similar. Yeah, she has the best traits of you, the best traits of me, and the worst traits of herself.
Speaker 2: I also love that because she was in the Melbourne studio where in Sydney we connected the two studios and the whole time because she's just such a hoot. You can hear her studio producer Tom laughing in the background the whole time. It's pretty much that role. Would you say, one of the jobs if you're operating the desk is to keep quiet he's just outwardly cackling.
Speaker 3: I loved it all right, Let's roll this. This is us with Kate Langbrook. Enjoy guys, Kate.
Speaker 2: Langbrook, welcome back to Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's me Mitche Hat Cabal and Mitch at long last.
Speaker 3: Kate, you can drop the facade, be the real dirty you?
Speaker 1: What dirty me?
Speaker 3: The real Langbrook?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're allowed to swear here, don't forget.
Speaker 1: Just what do you want me to say? Good? At counts? Countdown? I mean, is there no four playing this?
Speaker 3: Are we sorry?
Speaker 1: Breakdown? And I mean I understand you're desperate for it.
Speaker 3: Mitch's getting Mitch's getting it frequently now since we've last had you on Big Life News for our for our very own Betty Mitchell Coombs, he's got a life partner. He's got to call it.
Speaker 1: What happened? Betty from Blackdown has.
Speaker 2: Had this little broken Yeah. For those who don't know, Betty from Blacktown is my nickname. So Kate can tell the two Mitches apart. I've got the energy of a middle aged woman in the West, I understand.
Speaker 1: And also that's radio people. I think they always talk about Betty from Blacktown. They do, and we were like, who is Betty? And then we realize we've actually got a Betty. It's Mitch.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's me. Can I tell you though, my boyfriend and I we've got this friend.
Speaker 1: Hang on, hang on, I've just got to digest Yeah, back up. Just you've got to ease me into this kind of talk. It just come trippingly off your tongue.
Speaker 3: Boyfriend, Okay, he's so handsome, he's in politics, he's intelligence, he's got brains ticks.
Speaker 1: You know what. Everyone, every smart man loves a trophy wife. That's all I'm going to say, because that is quite a catch.
Speaker 2: It definitely is. And you know one thing I reckon you'll love about him. Do you remember last time we had you on, we were talking about how much we love your vocabulary, all the big words.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right that time. But oh you say you said you love them, but I actually think no, I don't think you love them.
Speaker 2: Well I'll prove you wrong because my boyfriend and I we have a shared Google doc where we both add great words that we hear. If we're having a conversation, one of us drops the big word, we'll go great, add it to the list. I don't want to hear some of them loud.
Speaker 1: To Is they my words or just general words?
Speaker 2: Just general words, words that we hear out in the wild. In fact, if you want to add some great words, please do some of the ones. We've got already discombobulated.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm not mad on discombobulated. Were you confused?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah it is. We've got vociferous.
Speaker 1: What's vociferous?
Speaker 2: Hung I vociferously disagree like passionately?
Speaker 1: Oh passionately? No? No I can't, I can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No. Bequeathed?
Speaker 1: O're bequeathed is stunning, isn't it?
Speaker 3: How would you use bequeathing donning?
Speaker 1: How would you've left something to something? You've gifted something to someone. So I have bequeathed unto you the throat got it and as I have to say, radio royalty mixture has bequeathed unto you, the scepter of the prince rising up the ranks.
Speaker 3: Yes, wait, are you saying, Kate, you've bequeathed me? No?
Speaker 2: Not me?
Speaker 1: Well, I can't give you my crown because I still need it.
Speaker 3: I don't keep that crown. Good point?
Speaker 1: What I mean? You won an awarded, the Radio Awards, and that was like you were touched on the I was going to say touched on the dick. That's not right.
Speaker 3: You kissed on that you kissed I wasn't touched on the dick. That's how you do get, That's how you work your way up in this industry. I wasn't on the no for tables.
Speaker 1: God, Oh, you got to keep your eyes open on that one. Or best shut your eyes and just hope for the best.
Speaker 2: All right, give us some more indubitably. Some of these are even hard.
Speaker 1: To say that jubitably just means undoubtedly, doesn't it?
Speaker 2: Yes, But how boring to say undoubtedly when you could say indubitably.
Speaker 1: It's true, it's true.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to have the list open for the rest of this interview and just jo Suscifian get fucked.
Speaker 1: You don't like that.
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard it?
Speaker 1: I hated? You know? There's a terror. Can I tell you a terrible word which you won't hear very often, but now you'll probably hear it maybe three times in your life. It's just a terrible word that someone I went out with once used it, and I never felt the same way about him. He said, peripatetic, What what is that? You know what it actually means, and he said, it means you move around a lot. And I'm like, I'll tell you what, mate, I'm moving away from you, that's for sure. I'm just like, I can't. I'm not unnecessarily just with a with a big word for the sake of it. It's just some words, as you said, Mitch, Betty, some words are beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yes, I like to sound loquacious when I talked with the big words. It was quite peripatetic of you to move to Italy, wasn't it. Ah, she wants to punch me.
Speaker 1: I din't. I adore every part of you. Oh there you are. I can see you on this.
Speaker 3: In high school, I remember, I didn't know. I thought compulsory was the opposite of what it actually.
Speaker 1: I thought compulsory emptional.
Speaker 3: I thought it meant you had a choice. So my year advisor, Missus Moyman, went on a Mitch, Math's compulsory. I went fantastic, I'll do two courses of drama. No, it's compulsory. And I know, Missus Morman, it took me a while to catch on.
Speaker 1: Really, when did you realize when you got the bad score in maths? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, I did end up dropping maths. I got up to Pythagoras and fucked off.
Speaker 1: So that, if you know, with maths, when they replaced the numbers with letters, yeah, I'm like, I'm out. I'm gone.
Speaker 3: When they're adding that little X with the fancy little kick yes.
Speaker 1: And c's and equals and lala and putting things over, they make them work too hard, and.
Speaker 2: It's always like to the power of n or whatever, like you don't care.
Speaker 1: No, I don't care, And I'm never ever ever going to have to work out the pie of a radius or whatever. I'm just trying to have to do that. I could see my future even at seventeen, and I knew that that wasn't going to be essential for me.
Speaker 3: Is that true? Kate? What did you see yourself? Because you are you're such an enigma. Add that to the list and.
Speaker 1: We are and become a mystery.
Speaker 3: No, it's not as much as a mystery. You were just so unique and there's no one else quite like you in this country, and you were so great at what you do, and you do so many things. We'll talk about the new show in a little bit, But did you have your life mapped down? That's a question. I never thought i'd ask you, but what did you see yourself doing as baby Kate?
Speaker 1: Not even for a moment. I've never had anything mapped out at all. And I think I thought, what did I think when I was Because I was raised to Jehovah's witness it would never even have occurred to me or anyone in my family that there would be anything to do with showbies. And in fact, because we were Jehovah's witnesses, it was even unusual that we went to Uni. Oh wow time because that was frowned upon, because that was seeking man's knowledge rather than God's knowledge.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, wow, which.
Speaker 1: Is how I believe Mitch Betty got his boyfriend.
Speaker 3: Yes, it works for some people.
Speaker 2: Yes, knowledge, I've got none of my own, so I have to seek it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well that's it, Kate.
Speaker 3: When did you stray away from that from the religion?
Speaker 1: Well? Well, I knew really really young that I didn't want to be a Jehovah's witness, Like I just knew that it wasn't me. It was kind of like how people say they know that they were gay when they were really young. I was like that about the religion. I was just like, it's not me, it's just wrong. And so I was always plotting my escape. And then so I moved out when I was eighteen. Wow, And then I stopped going. And my dad was an elder and my brother was a ministerial servant, like they were big wigs in the Witnesses, and so it was a difficult time. But I was studying journalism at that point, which luckily a teacher at school had just said to me, you're good at English, why don't you study journalism. I didn't ever really know properly what that like. I'm like, okay, I'll apply for that, just using big words. But I had no plans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we've had Angela Bishopond who was actually discouraged people from making life plans, just like, eugh, whatever doors open, just walk through them. Is that what happened with this TV thing? They just said, want to host this show? And you thought, all right, why not?
Speaker 1: You know, I say no to things all the time, I like all the time. And the joke with me and Hughes he was always that he couldn't say no to work, you know, he's a workaholic, And I would always say no to everything.
Speaker 2: You can't say yes.
Speaker 1: I couldn't say yes. I couldn't say yes, and he couldn't say no. We're a perfect match.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, good pair, And I wonder who is more well rested out of the two of you.
Speaker 1: Well, I was, But now we've kind of reversed roles because since I came back from Italy, I've written a book, I've done this radio show, I've done this TV show. It's like I've done lots of things that I wouldn't have done before. Anyway, they when they first mentioned the show to me, I was actually I was doing the writer's festivals because my book had just come out, my book about Italy Joel, and I was like, I can't. I literally, I'm not being a prima donna. I literally don't have time to watch this blah blah blah. And then finally when I did watch it, I went, oh my goodness, I love this idea. And honestly, within five days I was hosting it, so I didn't even really have time to think any further. I like my head was spinning.
Speaker 3: Well that's my mum your dad, right, Katie. What's the premise of my Mum Your Day? If everyone wants to watch it at seven point thirty Monday and Tuesday, Channel nine nine. Now, what's the premise of the show.
Speaker 1: The premise is that it's single parents looking for love and they've been nominated by their kids, who are all over eighteen, and the kids, unbeknownst to the parents, unbeknownst Mitch, Betty, Mitch, unbeknownst so silent kay yetnap. Unbeknownst to the parents, the kids are watching from their own house. So they're watching their parents every move, which is at once amazing, titulating, awful, stomach churning, brilliant or everything, every word, every word on his list except peripatetic. They're stay in put.
Speaker 2: It's such like a vulnerable way for them to see their parents dating, Like sometimes it is easy to forget that your parents are human, and so it was quite emotional. I was watching it and some of the kids reactions to like their parents getting nervous at a first kiss on a first day with for you, guys, like, that's not the sort of side to your parents you normally see.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I think have you either of you got single parents?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't either, And obviously and my kids don't. But these are something in the relationship that is so beautiful and has a maturity to it that I never had with my parents, and certainly my kids don't have with me. Like those kids are so unselfish about their parents and wanting this for their parents that I'm quite amazed by it. And when they watch it, I mean they obviously they're watching through peep fingers and screaming in horror sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some of the awkward kisses, yeah.
Speaker 1: Which is stunning.
Speaker 3: I love is there bonking, Kate? Is there bonking going on?
Speaker 1: Look? I don't want to ruin it for you, but you know they are human, you know what I mean. I have needs and desires.
Speaker 3: Miges some would say have urges, animalistic urges.
Speaker 1: Animalistic Write that down, Betty nimtic.
Speaker 2: It just feels like everyone on that show just wants the best for each other. There wasn't any catiness like on reality TV. Is there anything like that to come? Any fighting or whatever?
Speaker 1: Surprisingly? I mean you want some full maths glassing and wine thrown in the face.
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: I mean, when you when you're attracted to someone, I think it's natural to be territorial about them. Yeah, are you territorial.
Speaker 3: Well, I've been in a relationship for four years, Mitch, are you territorial yet? A new flag?
Speaker 1: That's is that an answer? Look how he obfiscated? Write that down fiscated. He didn't really want to answer.
Speaker 3: I'm not ovulating. Don't you point that finger and insinuate that I'm dropping eggs?
Speaker 1: How dare you said? How fascinating? Are we going to prise the wizard nut? That is mixed jury and.
Speaker 2: Colonel atorial over your partner?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what, My partner is very attractive, and he had a he had what we call the hoe face. So before I met Hayden Kate, he had bleached blonde hair. You'd know right now, bleach blonde hair. And that was the that was the signal. That was the metaphor of I am open for business. A little little bit of context, so I for Kyle and Jackie Ore. My first job, like nine years ago was the cash Cock, and I dressed up as a giant rooster and ran around Sydney and was tackled and if you caught the cock, you got a thousand dollars oiscating.
Speaker 1: Again, he's tantalizing, and I love this and you you were the cash cock. I hope people weren't too rough with you when they grabbed you.
Speaker 3: They were. It was really this is true story, Kate. I was in the emergency room twice from cock.
Speaker 1: Because when people grabbed the cock, they would have tried to give it a good plucking.
Speaker 3: Cash the cash yep, yep. I once had a high lux turn off cow passed your road and chase me into the backyard of someone's house. True story. Anyway, that's a that's a that's a non sequitur.
Speaker 1: It's when one thing doesn't logically follow the ass down.
Speaker 3: That'd be a good podcast for us that that would just be constant non sequiturs, just nonsense.
Speaker 1: Anyway, But anyone, how does this lead to you being territorial? It does?
Speaker 3: No, no, No. Messaged here and I said, never met him before, but I thought he was cute the bleached blonde hair and wanted to thrash him around. So I sent him a photo at midnight and I said, Hi, I hope you don't mind me messaging you out of the blue, but here is an unsolicited cock pick.
Speaker 1: It was you and your cash cockout.
Speaker 3: Cash, and he replied, Kate. He replied, and I'd never been with a man before?
Speaker 1: What did he say?
Speaker 3: He replied, I'm at Sydney Uni. Do you want to fuck?
Speaker 1: And ruined you was so nuanced and cute and he was just bleach blonde to the point.
Speaker 3: Yep, straight to the point. And he said, I'm at Sydney Uni. You want to below me in the bleachers? And do you want to?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Thoseby he was suggesting.
Speaker 1: Oh goodness, it's a lot. So he was a Turkey, so he was on, you're a perfect pair anyway, darning on. Tom at Mines just shown me a photo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gorgeous, beautiful.
Speaker 1: He actually looks like you Filipino, being on the principle that you know when people are attracted to people that look like them, Well, that's.
Speaker 3: A different show. That's my mum, your dad, and a cousin. That's a very think.
Speaker 1: He's really beautiful. So are you territorial?
Speaker 3: Yes, the long story short is I'm very territorial. And yes that's him with the bleached Yeah, hands on, I think I worked so hard.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, you're jealous. You're jealous and your god? Yeah, of course I can't.
Speaker 3: But we working radio. You tell a story, you know how it works. I just had to add that in.
Speaker 1: I loved it all. That was just the most gorgeous by road and back roads. Well that's what he likes, fuming hello and a dirt track, I believe. Okay, now let's go down, down, down, down, you pardon what's smoldering down? There is some uncertainty, a little bit of something, a little bit of.
Speaker 2: Jealous God, no, wonder you're hosting this show. You just fucking like to dissect relationships.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know that. I love that. In fact, one of the guys from one of the bosses from Channel nine who was just gorgeous, John Walsh's name is Anyway, he was on the set every day when we were filming, and he said to me one day, oh my goodness, you're a cross between dean mother, an amateur psychologist, and what a man has just summed up my entire life in how many words?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: Mitch Black, Betty? How many words?
Speaker 2: When did I become black? Bety lamb j.
Speaker 1: Is it just when?
Speaker 2: Podcast by Papa.
Speaker 3: Mitch's Yeah, we're here with Channel nine's Kate Langbrook, host of My Mum Your Dad?
Speaker 2: Are you filming for the show today? Because you look very glammed up by the way.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, you know why because I leave my makeup because I do the project on a Tuesday night, and when I come in to do pick up on a Wednesday with Monty, I always give her a thrill. I don't know if she's getting that much of a thrill out of it, to be honest, but I always leave my makeup on. I sleep in my makeup. It's a secret to my beautiful complexion. Makeup artists will never tell you that sleep in it. They're always like a math ma your makeup. I'm like, no, if you want to look beautiful all the time, girls leave your makeup on. Never rene and.
Speaker 2: So do the projects. Still let you work for that show even though you're cheating on them with Channel nine.
Speaker 1: Yes, and isn't that amazing?
Speaker 2: That's all rare.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a freelancer, I guess, but you're right. It's one thing for me to say I'm a freelancer, but it's another thing for a network to go, oh, we'll let you host this massive show on another network. And I very much appreciate that they have. But also, you know what, channeling, you could have put a ring on it and they didn't. So if Channel nine are coming.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, okay, yeah, why not you take rings where you find them, which is Mitch's dating technique. Actually I met this new boy?
Speaker 1: Really? How many rings?
Speaker 2: Did?
Speaker 3: How many rings?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Me?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: I never went through the gay slut fast?
Speaker 1: Was it like or was it like a hundred year old oak tree? Then if you sliced it through the trunk, ma lord, they'd be a lot of rings. Womping willow right down, womping right down, womp.
Speaker 2: H All right, that's done. Hey, you know how you said that you struggle to say yes to work and you've obviously turned a lot of things down. What were some of those?
Speaker 1: Like everything?
Speaker 2: Have you been asked to go in the jungle?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I've been asked to go in the jungle. Just think of every reality show, right except Love Island Hurtfully? Why is that missing from my ubra? Write that down? It's French. It means body of work? Or does it mean? What means French?
Speaker 2: When I google Uber, it says do you mean uber?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Are you the ari Uber? What's okra? What am I thinking?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, that's vegetable that they eat in Jamaica. I find it gross. I don't like it. An Asians like, isn't and then did you make it? They're like, oh you have? You haven't had a cooked ried It's like scrambled eggs. I'm like, well, why don't you eat fucking scrambled eggs, not some slimy pod hanging off the truth.
Speaker 3: It's a pod. It's a pod. Now, Kate, you're Dutch, right or half? Well?
Speaker 1: I say Jamaica because my mom's Jamaican American and my dad's Dutch or was Dutch. I don't want to bring down the tone. I mean he still is Dutch wherever he is. Yes, and he was Dutch and will remain Dutch.
Speaker 3: Yes. Well, yes, my dad's side of the family is Dutch and we have that in common. I have an olmer and an opera. Oh my god, my mom. So I was a wedding on the weekend, Kate Mitch. I was at this family wedding and you know, the vows had just been handed down, and it was that awkward two hour period where the bride and groom are off getting gold awful sunset photos.
Speaker 1: Too long period, It's too long, it's exhausting, and by the time they come back in we're not happy to see them.
Speaker 3: They ruined, it's too long. So my mom obviously went to Instagram and she said, Mitch, look at Kate's Instagram story. Because my mom on her birthday, on a wedding anniversary with my dad, always requests one dish, and it is prawns, King prawns with an avocado and mango and a bit of whatever sauce she puts.
Speaker 1: On, whether that's a Marii sauce or just a cocktail sauce.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, cocktail sauce. But she only likes the Praise cocktail sauce. She's very peculiar.
Speaker 1: If I make my own, but I make it with Praise mayonnaise, the King of mayonnaises. Even though I can't really forgive them for having a few years ago gone from glass bottles to plastic bottles, my harbor a grudge. I don't want to eat anything out of plastic. I'm not a fucking Kardashian. I don't I want my sauces in glass. I want my oils in glass. I don't want your bhps or whatever they call leeching out of microplastic.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I don't want to write that down. I got Barbara cartman and narrating a novel.
Speaker 3: Are we just need to get someone to take the minutes of the interview at this point.
Speaker 2: You know what words sprung to mind when you were describing that meal, Mitchell?
Speaker 1: What would Oh.
Speaker 2: That sounds like quite a sumptuous repast? Oh that okay, spell.
Speaker 1: Subtuous, my darling, Mitch, Betty get sucked.
Speaker 3: I'm not doing that.
Speaker 2: Too many essays for my lisp.
Speaker 1: I love your lisp.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 1: By the way, my thirteen year old son, Yanni, has a lisp, and we adore his lisp. And people say to us, are you going to send him to speech therapy? Which A I find rude. B probably practical but see not necessary thoughts as an adult lisp.
Speaker 2: But your thoughts, well, I didn't go to speech therapy per se. But when I first moved away and started going to radio school, there was a teacher that very kindly pulled me aside and said, I happen to be a speech pathologist as well as the teacher, so she would like keep me back for an hour whatever, just help me work on the letter s with more pronounced.
Speaker 1: What is it a sibilant s?
Speaker 2: Sibilant s? Yes, And so I found that helpful. But obviously that was helpful in my line of work because I was going to be talking into a fucking microphone. So I don't know why I hadn't thought of it sooner. But if it's not doing that, then it doesn't really need it. It's kind of adorable.
Speaker 1: I find it adorable, like I just like it. And when someone said to me once something more, I was somewhere someone made a joke about lisping or whatever, and of course someone some buzz killing. The auditor goes and she didn't make a joke about disability, and my girlfriend said, a lisp is not disability. It's just not perfection. And I went, oh, my goodness, I love that so much because everything's so perfect. Everyone's walking around with those big white veneer teeth that, by the way, I'm very tractor to. And if I'm going to continue at Channel nine, I think I need some because I don't have them. But no, I just don't think I can pull it off. I'm like Mitch on a first date.
Speaker 3: No, you don't know him well enough, then, Jesus.
Speaker 1: He's not like that now he.
Speaker 3: Can I just say, God, so many non sequiturs. But I went to speech pathol. My mum sent me to speech pathology because I had a minor lisp and they got it out as well. And I think, I said, I think I don't remember it and I miss what I could have sounded like you miss, I miss really miss it.
Speaker 1: Well, Yann's very lifty.
Speaker 2: Is he is yan the one that you said that his what was it? His personality is a liability that.
Speaker 1: Would be if he doesn't become a lawyer. But I said, if you become a lawyer, your personality is an asset.
Speaker 2: And what was the reason for that?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 2: Is he just does he just ask a million questions.
Speaker 1: He loves to argue, Like if you say something to me, he just loves to catch you out on whatever, whatever you haven't encompassed with just a statement. He always looks, likes to look for the exclusion. And then sometimes it's so exhausting. Sometimes in our house we just have to go, Yanni, no more question, just the hand and now we can just hold up the hand. We go Yanni and he goes, no more questioned.
Speaker 2: Yes. And so what was he said to him? You need to be a lawyer otherwise your personality I said to him.
Speaker 1: This is when we're in lockdown, and I had spent her day anyway. I said to him, his godfather's a lawyer, really clever, gorgeous guy who drops us off bagels every Sunday. Maybe gorgeous. Anyway, Yanni's godfather is a lawyer, and so Yanni just so adores him, you know, in the way that you just love a you love an uncle figure. You know how boys love me uncle.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Yeah, and so Yanni wants to be a lawyer as well. So he's just got this rigorous mental thing that he'd actually be perfectly suited. He's an arguer, he loves the play of it. Whatever. Anyway, so we're in lockdown. I was so exhausted by cooking for fucking six people in laa la oh man, that was a lot. And I said to him, you better be a lawyer when you grow up, or your personality will be a liability. But if you become a lawyer, your personality will be your biggest assy. Now he couldn't tell if that was like, he was so thrilled by that until walad Ali made out like that was a big insult.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was what offended.
Speaker 3: All things to offend him.
Speaker 1: You are a.
Speaker 2: Lawyer that you literally told him that that skill, that personality trait will actually help him and does help him.
Speaker 1: I said to him in a meeting one Now I'm going to say the same thing to you. I said to my twelve year old son, what's then? And then But while it didn't seem to take the compliment from it.
Speaker 2: Of course he wouldn't.
Speaker 1: He didn't look at the lawyers lawyers, lawyers, Yes, and then he sent me a bill while it worked it out.
Speaker 3: You know what this is. This is very different to the last time we spoke to you, Kate. Last time we interviewed you, I don't know if you remember, but you were in bed with a bag of salt and vinegar chips.
Speaker 2: You just finished watching Morning More, You.
Speaker 3: Just binged Mornings and you admitted to us that you had COVID, which at that time wasn't worldwide news and.
Speaker 1: It was the management scandal.
Speaker 3: Radio station called Mitch. They called me and they said, you cut that out.
Speaker 2: They made me remove that part, and I was like, it's really not that salacious. Everyone's had COVID at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know what, when so was that like October last year?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because do you know what, it was so unusual to have COVID at that time that the newspaper was trying to do a story about it. And I'd been to a party on the Thursday where I had given it to and we were still in semi lockdown or whatever you could have filled with some bullshit rules in Victoria. Oh my god. Anyway, anyway, you could only go with ten pebbles. So there were like ten babble at this party, but like eight of them got COVID. And then one of my girlfriends who was at that party, went to another party on Saturday night and she gave COVID to thirty six people six and the whole things because at that point people still knew where they got it. And on the Friday, I gave it to Peter Hellia. Oh no, and all they were.
Speaker 2: Trying to keep that under wraps. We could have made you come unstuck.
Speaker 1: Like three weeks later. No one would have even bothered writing a story because everybody had it. Then God, it exploded.
Speaker 2: So this is the third time we've had you on. Actually, have we ever told you that? We once did a pole in our Facebook group saying who's the favorite guests we've had on the podcast, and you buy a lance.
Speaker 1: Z gen Z language, I say, Z.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm not putting that on the fucking least. Why do you say it like that?
Speaker 1: But I like it. I think it's kind of with it, gen Z, I say, Z.
Speaker 2: It's very American of you, though, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And because I've got a seventeen year old daughter, yeah, true? Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: How's your eldest son. How is his driving going? Because that all happened last time you were on. He walked in and said, can you take me ol plate?
Speaker 1: What did he? I can't remember any of this.
Speaker 3: You also said you would give me twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard it too.
Speaker 1: Show me where that's written down.
Speaker 3: Didn't want to bring it up. How's he? How's he going?
Speaker 1: Louis Lewis's divine d killing it in the driving school. He's halfway through his hours. Oh god, because he was still doing year twelve. Year twelve is horrible.
Speaker 3: Oh it's awful, isn't it. It's that time? I forget. How's he doing with the exams?
Speaker 1: Well, we don't know how he weent it's still November. But true, he actually worked really hard, which I didn't think he was capable of I thought he was more like me, not kind of good on the fly, but not really academic. But he worked so hard and with his alleged father every night and every day for four months at the dining room table. Peter cheated him so patiently and beautiful that I could have fallen in love with him all over again.
Speaker 3: Alan Lewis Powell tutoring. Hey, just come to.
Speaker 1: Power, running power like Peter. It's a good nickname.
Speaker 3: It is good. Well, we better let Kate go. God, we've held up at the time. I love that Kate started this interview sitting. Then she was standing. Now I'm exhausted.
Speaker 1: Now you have sucked me dry.
Speaker 2: We have Yeah, sorry about that again.
Speaker 1: Ah, we love you.
Speaker 2: Every time Kate is on, we stay to the producer. I swear it'll only be ten minutes, and then later before we go.
Speaker 1: Betty, Mitch your boyfriend who Mitch has talked up enormously in a most beautiful manner and accurately. I need to say a photo of him as well in politics.
Speaker 3: Get this, Kate, he's a teal.
Speaker 1: I didn't know there were any boy teals an independent. Yeah, I know, I didn't know that he was.
Speaker 3: There were boy teals. It means him he's circumcised.
Speaker 1: You know my boys are teal I'll send you. Maybe it's one of my girlfriends. Actually, when she had a daughter, but if she had a son. The doctor said to her, I know that this is out of vogue, but I strongly advocate circumcision if you have a baby boy. And she said, why is that? And she's and the doctor seed the man male doctor seed, because when he grows up he might want to get a BJ isn't that an amazing thing to say to say to a pregnant woman.
Speaker 3: I think it is.
Speaker 2: It's also not accurate.
Speaker 1: Oh my, of course, Look she's got the photo. Come wait, coup like you do not?
Speaker 2: Is that just your first impression?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, what do you think? Oh? I just think that's so beautiful. I love everything about this photo.
Speaker 3: He's on a couch, Sean sitting on a couch on he's on your lap. He almost looks animated, doesn't he here?
Speaker 1: Because he looks perfect and almost American? Yes, in a frat boy kind of way, but a smart frat boy. I mean, I've got to go. I'm exhausted, not just stay here. No, no, I'm so happy. But if I stay here, I'll say things I shouldn't say.
Speaker 3: Do you say when your team go? When the beautiful male says you've got a couple of miches, what's your what's your guttural reaction? What do you what do you say?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I'm thrilled about you, but mostly I can't be fucked you know.
Speaker 3: I adore you too, And radio is draining, like you'd have to just go home and be catatonic for a bit.
Speaker 1: Well, I've got to go to Lewis's graduation tonight.
Speaker 2: Oh, keep the makeup on for that.
Speaker 3: I will project make.
Speaker 1: Just sailing because that's what other parents from school love. Yes, is when you're just sworn in, looking like you've come fresh from a TV studio. Parents of teenagers who generally, as you would discover in the world, are not generally the people who are either happiest or look their best. Yes, yeah, god, yeah, we just love it when someone turns up looking like this.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, my mum, your dad get more. Katelyn brook Mondays and Tuesday seven thirty, Channel nine nine Now play the catch up We Love your Ky on our show.
Speaker 1: Oh how else is in there that three times? I know, we've got to know. Just tell me another none.
Speaker 3: None, you're the first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rightly, So thank you, Kate, love you, love you, We love you boy?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: A podcast couple images?
Speaker 1: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app