Speaker 1: I'm still to play a couple of miss fits.
Speaker 2: Hello you.
Speaker 1: Fuck.
Speaker 2: That's right. We're one Mitch down, aren't we.
Speaker 3: So this week, for the next two episodes, you've got Mitchell and the Misfits. So let's say hello you two raven reporter Oscar and contraceptive Diaphram Sam.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 3: If you did listen to the Misfits during our June break, it was Oscar, Sam and Jenna.
Speaker 2: I am now a misfit. Yeah, I've been inaugurating.
Speaker 4: Welcome Misfit.
Speaker 5: Mitch.
Speaker 4: It's so good to have you.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's an honor for you. I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Don't always use stalin.
Speaker 3: Yes, I must apologize to our idiots for leaving you in the lurch last week. I just decided to stay on a bug and get a bit longer.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And now Cheery and Jenner off in their little radio holidays. They get a certain amount of weeks per year, so they're on holidays, and I thought, funk, I've got to pull something together, and here we are Mitchell and the Misfit.
Speaker 6: It's like a play on Josie and the Pussycats. Who oh, it's an eighties cartoon. Who and the what Jaz and the pussy Cats?
Speaker 2: Never heard of them?
Speaker 1: I will go and watch it Dale.
Speaker 4: It's what the.
Speaker 2: Fuck would you know about eighties cartoons?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I fell down a rabbit hole one day and I just ended up on joc and the Pussycats, and I got confused because I thought it was Josie the pussy Cat dolls. So I was I was expected went don't you wish your girlfriend was hot?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean? And none of that.
Speaker 3: It was just cats, not the musical, I hope. I got to ask, what do you guys think of my penthouse? You've seen it before, Mitch or Jenner.
Speaker 2: We're alive from.
Speaker 6: The penthouse is the phouse? The penthouse is gorgeous, thank you. Definitely an upgrade.
Speaker 2: I got to say, if it's me on the fly, is having stairs a huge inconvenience?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 1: So No, no, no, every place I've lived in in Sydney has had the narrowest stairs possible.
Speaker 3: Oh I've been to those ones where it's like a spiral ladder, They're so narrow. Yeah, I've inspected those places and gone nat No.
Speaker 6: You just have to basically like pull apart every item of furniture to get a mask.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because he just there was no physical way of doing it.
Speaker 6: My brother's a laborer too, so watching him trying to like navigate it, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, fuck, my stairs are quite spacious. The problem is that I'm just lazy as fuck.
Speaker 4: That is a problem.
Speaker 3: I was trying to find a spot to put my keys because when I first moved in, I kept losing them. I didn't have like a designated key bowl, and so when I had to leave the house, I was like, where the fuck are my keys?
Speaker 2: And it was a real internal battle. I'm like, do I put them upstairs or downstairs?
Speaker 3: Because what if I'm upstairs and need to leave the house they have to run down or vice versa. So I was like, yeah, what if I put a hook halfway up the stairs, so in either case, I don't have to walk that far.
Speaker 4: Honestly, it's a lazy woman's dream.
Speaker 3: Or if I can take something downstairs, yeah, like to the washing basket or something, I'll put them by the stairs because I'm like, I've got to make the one trip count.
Speaker 2: I'm not walking downstairs for one thing. I got to load up.
Speaker 3: You know what I Mean's just so much more to deal with. I miss my pidly one better apartment.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I miss it too?
Speaker 1: For?
Speaker 4: Obviously our memories, which.
Speaker 2: We won't speak of now. Listen.
Speaker 3: If you are new here and it's your first time listening, this is the drill. Every episode we start with an is it just me? Each which is something we've noticed, hate or appreciate. My agin has to do with your future career objectives, Oscar.
Speaker 2: I've got it all mapped out. Call me your manager, Mitchell.
Speaker 1: That's excited manager, Mitchell.
Speaker 2: Ever rock and sport and friggin' comedy.
Speaker 6: That's me, Rock, sport, comedy and fucking chalks.
Speaker 2: What about you, guys? What do you got You've got one prepared? Surely?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess No, I've.
Speaker 6: Got one prepared. Mine's actually mine's quite general. I feel like mine.
Speaker 2: That's a ship hook, but general.
Speaker 5: Oh no.
Speaker 6: I just feel like everyone can relate to it, you know, like it doesn't just necessarily apply to one person.
Speaker 3: But what if the answer is is it just me? And we say yes, it's just you, it's not that relatable.
Speaker 1: But then I'll just talk about it because I love talking.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, fair enough here, what are your god have you got a good hook in you?
Speaker 1: Let me think.
Speaker 2: We don't have all night?
Speaker 4: No, I don't.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, do you know what? I refuse to move on? We're in no.
Speaker 4: Rush, no rush.
Speaker 2: Actually give a good hook guy.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I just thought of that on the spot. I had not prepared my hook.
Speaker 1: Okay, hang on, wait, I think I have it.
Speaker 4: I'm good, all right?
Speaker 1: Do I get like a drum roll or something? No, I'll just google it. Yeah, okay, it gives me more time to fucking token straight man.
Speaker 2: Hang on where it's loading, beggar.
Speaker 1: Any Australian corporate slut will absolutely relate to this.
Speaker 2: That's way better.
Speaker 7: Like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's gorgeous.
Speaker 6: And for you Oscar, well minds about why I'm having a fucking awful time at this time of year.
Speaker 4: Honestly, that's why it's my most fucking hated time of year.
Speaker 2: Great, I'm going to selfishly kick things off. Are we ready, miss fits?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go, Bradley.
Speaker 8: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Should they just fucking get Gretel Colleen back on big brother?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Yes, please, so fucking about.
Speaker 3: I don't care if she's old and gray, She's embraced the gray hair.
Speaker 2: It's quite gorgeous, actually fantastic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she could do the bottle blonde, but she's like, no, I'm going great and it's beautiful.
Speaker 4: I love so.
Speaker 2: Gretel.
Speaker 3: Colleen was the original host of Big Brother in Australia in the heyday when it was live, the nominations.
Speaker 2: It was on every fucking.
Speaker 4: Night of the weekend, all of it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was very like pioneering at the time, like.
Speaker 6: Pre social media. It was all pre social media, and it's not like.
Speaker 2: Reality shows today where they make them do elaborate shit.
Speaker 3: Like climb mountains and eat insects and ship. They just sat around and talked ship and it was so fascinating, so fashion.
Speaker 6: I still remember that first season and like I couldn't tell you who was on her. But at the same I don't remember it that well too. I don't remember it that well because I wasn't like an avid watcher. But my favorite thing about it even as a Chu, because I was in primary school when that she came out, because I was I was very young chicken.
Speaker 4: The only I was a chi.
Speaker 6: I was a chick, But I just the only name that sticks out to me in the earlier seasons is this woman named Crystal, and I just remember she was fucking awful.
Speaker 2: I remember Crystal.
Speaker 4: I just remember she was awful.
Speaker 2: But do you remember Christy Swan on there?
Speaker 3: A lot of people don't realize that's where Christy Swan beloved Astroullian broadcast that got her start.
Speaker 1: I had no idea Christy. Oh, I'm actually very ashamed of that.
Speaker 4: Christy Swan got her first start on Big Brother.
Speaker 2: I still I.
Speaker 3: Remember the scene of her and Reggie on the banana lounges by the pool of a night, just bitching about men. And it was so raw and it was so fascinating.
Speaker 4: And honestly, I look back at it and to think I now do the same thing.
Speaker 3: But honestly, the best part of that was Gretel Colleen the host. And this week they announced they're bringing back Big Brother.
Speaker 1: Yes they did, because they.
Speaker 3: Flirted with Channel seven for a couple of years. But it was bullshit. They Soper format that it wasn't live. It was pre recorded in a shed. Yeah, you couldn't vote for anyone. It was all pre recorded. It was just a bunch of fuck wits in a shed playing games.
Speaker 2: And that's how they scored points.
Speaker 3: It was just a bit Big Brother meets Survivor and Ninja Warrior.
Speaker 2: It wasn't good.
Speaker 4: A little bit of Love Island on there as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like for some reason, like all the reality shows, they just want you to basically be hot, which is why none of them caught me back. But like it's like, yeah, a mix of all that with Love Island because it was just absolutely fucking dumb hot people who have nothing to say. They just all sat around like they.
Speaker 3: Weren't real people like Reggie from the Fish and Chip Shop right back in the day.
Speaker 2: And so they're bringing back o G Big Brother. It was announce last week.
Speaker 3: Channel ten made such a point of it, being like, no, we're going to make it just like the good old days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I broke, don't fix it.
Speaker 2: However, my Gretel is not returning as the host.
Speaker 1: I'm devastated.
Speaker 3: They've got Meltresina, who, by the way, no beef. I rate her so hard. She's from the Cheap Seats. Those that watch the Cheap Seats, it's like a bit niche. Like those that watch it love it. They certainly love Meltresina. Yeah, but there were a lot of comments being like who.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dead sat. But I feel like no one knew who Gretel was when she started.
Speaker 3: And that's how she absolutely made her mark. I've got a couple of Gretel's best bits, Can.
Speaker 2: I just plase, please?
Speaker 4: Please please?
Speaker 2: I do so. I'm just going to prove why I love Gretel so much.
Speaker 3: And by the way, some of her idiots might have heard this story before, but I wrote fan mail to Gretel Colleen, did you you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I wrote a full letter, adorable, Hi, Gretel. Big Brother's my favorite show. I don't know what to do with myself when it's not on. And I write it in text. Oh, and I put it in an envelope. But mom and Dad had to say to me, oh, we don't know our address mate, we can't send her. But fast forward to now, and I know for a fact they could have googled her management and they could have made an effort, but that was just like, nah, they'll let it's.
Speaker 4: Going nowhere, Jane and I and do better.
Speaker 3: But I fell in love with Gretel because it was live and dangerous, the original Big Brother. Oh, and fuck ups happened and she coped beautifully. There was just a certain stillness and calmness about her. Yeah, even when things went tits up.
Speaker 2: Do you remember Merlin?
Speaker 1: No, was that the guy that came out with like the tape on mouse?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So, Oscar, you didn't see this, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: It's not ringing any bells, but I'm very intrigued.
Speaker 2: Oh you're too young for it. Fuck, we're old see No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So Marlon was evicted from the Big Brother House and in typical fashion, they walk down the big runway, they come out of the house and walk onto the stage. Gretel interviews them, they get some prizes off they fuck right. Merlin, as he got on age to go down the catwalk, he pulls out a bit of tape from his pocket stick. He tapes his mouth and then pulls out a sign that says free the refugees.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, and Gretel was like, my fuck, we're live.
Speaker 3: I've got a five minute segment to fill, right, and this clown's got tape on his mouth.
Speaker 1: Wow, And like Merlin.
Speaker 3: Beautiful moment. You know, we're still talking about it to this day.
Speaker 4: Very powerful statement.
Speaker 1: But also, god, he was.
Speaker 2: Always so fucking weird on that show. He was always a weirdo.
Speaker 3: I got to say, so Gretel already had an uphill battle even if he had the tape off his fucking mouth. And then then she's like, oh Jesus Christ, he's taped his mouth. What am I going to do with this five minutes? But she coped beautifully. So this is as Merlin walks on stage, She's spotted the tape spot of the sign.
Speaker 9: Merlin, Merlin, are you going to speak?
Speaker 3: Shush shuh the way she yelled the crowd shush sureshi.
Speaker 9: Everybody sit down and be quiet. Merlin, Can I ask you a simple mathematical question?
Speaker 1: This segment is five minutes?
Speaker 9: Are you going to speak at all?
Speaker 10: So what I'll do?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Be quiet, please, We've got business to do.
Speaker 1: I'm sure we've all had plenty of time.
Speaker 9: To absorb Merlin's message, which is a valid message, and may I say, a good opportunity to express it. Well done, a very good I will fulfill some of my obligations, which are to present the prizes.
Speaker 6: Settle down, settle down, Come on.
Speaker 9: This is not a situation about booing or cheering.
Speaker 1: This is about moving right along.
Speaker 9: I'd like to talk, strangely enough about the lovely room, boil watch the two three phones and the holiday. But it looks like I'll be enjoying, don't thank you very much?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: I love her so obviously it's part of her job to give Merlin the prizes, and he goes, wow, a free holiday, tell her three mobile flip phones. How exciting, And she's like, I've got to do these client obligations. Yeah, but this guy won't react, so I'll just get them done. She threw to a break and then she came back and spoke to the house. She had five minutes to feel and she did it like.
Speaker 4: A pro god. Honestly.
Speaker 6: The one phrase, the one phrase that's still from that that has just stuck with me, is let's get to business.
Speaker 2: Quiet. There's business to.
Speaker 4: Do, business to do. Oh I love that.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: I love her.
Speaker 6: And she handled that brilliantly as you'd expect, as you would expect.
Speaker 3: I like to think that my mele Tressina, who I also am highly fond of, ye would cope. But I just think that they're trying to bring it back for nostalgia reasons. Yeah, fucking go hard, bring Gretel back.
Speaker 2: Do it properly. They give Sonja kruget every fucking.
Speaker 6: Jobs nominated for a third fucking gold legging in a year like Bring Back My Gretel, Colleen. She's not done much since the Mast Singer when she went off first.
Speaker 2: So she also had a moment on Big Brother where there was a blackout.
Speaker 4: Oh all this I remember.
Speaker 2: So she was on stage and now I've got all the screens behind them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the screens.
Speaker 3: Went black and then the panic in her eyes set in only a little bit, Only a little bit, because it's Gretel and she can handle it, and she just had to wing it, basically. But she winged it beautifully during a fucking blackout.
Speaker 4: Oh that's how gret Okay.
Speaker 9: Well, we'll leave them to spend a day and a night wondering what it will feel like to.
Speaker 1: Have a million dollars, And in the meantime.
Speaker 9: I shall just ask Big Brother a simple question. Have we lost transmission?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 9: They're going, so I guess.
Speaker 1: I'll just make the rest up radio.
Speaker 9: Now there's just wait one second, good the ear piece. Wait a minute, everyone in my head, please be quiet. I am now going to give you the phone numbers for our two finalists in the Big Brother House.
Speaker 4: I do remember this.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's so relatable, Like I mean, I've done gigs where Mike's and shit have cut off completely, or I've forgotten a lyric and I go.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna make this shit up.
Speaker 3: It's very relatable. Can the voices in my head please be quiet?
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure I said that earlier today. Do you reckon that?
Speaker 1: They've asked Gretel and she's just gone, Nah, there's no way you're getting me back on that. Joe.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, because she has not had no work since the Master Singer. She pops up on Weekend Sunrise. It's like ash panelist. Yeah, it's been in our show opener, has she Yeah, she's the one that clapped back at the old guy that said Scott Morrison's the best prime minister we've ever had.
Speaker 2: She goes really well, good night. But she pops up on week in.
Speaker 3: Sunrise and they asked her outright when they will bring a big brother back, would you do it? And she didn't rule it out, So I feel like she's open to it, and she was proud of the show, and you know how pioneering it was.
Speaker 2: It was basically one big TikTok.
Speaker 3: Life we all just would glued to it to be like one of these ordinary humans going to do next.
Speaker 4: That's like the best way you could have ever put it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: The reason I said that this is your future career objective, Oscar is because is it just me on the fly?
Speaker 2: Should Oscar reply for Big Brother?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 2: Please not be fucking perfect?
Speaker 1: Please? You have to do?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 6: Okay, So when it got announced, I'm not joking. My dams were flooded. Really yeah, like friends idiots.
Speaker 3: Sean texted me while he was at work. He goes, did you see the Big Brothers coming back? And also, don't you think that Oscar will be perfect?
Speaker 6: He messaged me and he said, let me be the first to tell you that you should be on it? And I said, I'm so sorry. You're actually the seventh person to tell me I should be on it.
Speaker 3: Sean, Sorry, we're in the penthouse. Come up, tell Oscar why he should be a Big Brother?
Speaker 7: Oh, Shuan, I should Oscar?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 7: Hello, yeah, you should absolutely be on Big Brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you will.
Speaker 11: Be undeniably a fan favorite, so entertaining, so funny.
Speaker 1: You are a producer's wet dream.
Speaker 4: Honestly, it's short.
Speaker 6: It can go one of two ways. For me, I'm either voted out first or I'm in the top two. But I've stabbed a lot of people in the backs again, like I like, you know, I've gotten there because the public loved me. But I'm going to be nominated every fucking week.
Speaker 3: In either case, whether you're boot it off first or last, you'll end up with a breakfast radio gig.
Speaker 2: It's Sarah j It's a win win.
Speaker 4: I know, I do. You know what I reckon? I should do it?
Speaker 11: Just like you don't start drummer, but you always find yourself surrounded by it, so's it would never be your fault.
Speaker 7: But you'll just be in the middle of everything.
Speaker 6: That's so true because I'm not actively looking for it, but it just happens to find me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, I can't wait to watch.
Speaker 1: I'll start my complication.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Sean.
Speaker 4: I did apply for them, like years ago.
Speaker 6: My friend and I were really drunk one night and we thought it'd be really dumb to just apply for Big Brother.
Speaker 3: It's actually a lot of hoops to jump through. So because Mitch and I applied for Jenna to be on it as a surprise for her, we feel that out for her, and fuck it took us agency do the application, and then you have to get through to a group audition, and then a second group audition, and then another one on one audition. It's a lot of hoops to jump through, but you can jump through hoops like the best of them?
Speaker 6: Is it just me on the fly? But with all the hoops, and yet they still cast duds?
Speaker 4: Do you know what I mean? Because that's not reality television.
Speaker 6: In general, that you jump through so many hoops, But like, you think about the hoops that they jumped through, and then you look at.
Speaker 4: The final cast and how fucking boring they are, and you're.
Speaker 6: Like, really, because I'm definitely not the most interesting person in the world.
Speaker 3: But there no one's ever suggested that, really, is.
Speaker 1: It just me?
Speaker 6: You can follow the show online, just said a couple of mitches.
Speaker 1: If you don't, you're a little bitch. I've done my gym.
Speaker 2: You two scars, paper rock, this ship. Who's gonna go first?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Hang on, contraceptive.
Speaker 3: Diaphram, Sam Versus Rovering Porter Oscar Caesar's paper Rocks, paper Rock?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, two rocks? Are you fucking serious?
Speaker 1: We're very intick, We're.
Speaker 4: Very INSI okay, ss paper.
Speaker 3: Rock sam one paper over rock panes every time?
Speaker 2: Sammy, where do you go?
Speaker 1: Is it just me? Is working retail? Just not actually enough money to live in Sydney?
Speaker 4: Oh my god? Is it not?
Speaker 2: You're both here?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I mean define be alive.
Speaker 2: Because you know I wouldn't know. Yeah, I feel like that.
Speaker 1: Because today I'm a shell of a human being.
Speaker 3: Actually because Samsus started a new job for audiots that don't know. That's why we're doing the night shift. He wasn't a freelancer in bell and gym. But now am I allowed to say no? No, no, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 6: You can't say, okay, well he works for a company and he's.
Speaker 3: Doing a Ryan Hart's pa. We're not allowed to say where he works in retail? But wait, do they not pay you much?
Speaker 2: I would have.
Speaker 3: Thought where you work, yeah, it'd be like not shit, it's not like you're at macas.
Speaker 1: No, it's not good. It's like basic award and oh is it basically?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, okay, and what does that mean? It's like the bare minimum? Because because I've been working, I've never had a real job.
Speaker 1: I've been working in corporate for so long, and I've always got that thing of like, we really value diversity, in inclusive, and we really take care of our people.
Speaker 3: And I ham of the company values, don't they value?
Speaker 6: And the company values are coming from all a bunch of old white men. So do you know what like great diversity values that we have there?
Speaker 1: Surely? So after all of that, you would think that I would be burnt out to absolute death.
Speaker 2: You've only been there, not two weeks, but so yeah.
Speaker 1: Give it a month. Yeah, but I love we tell people are nice?
Speaker 4: What Yeah, Oh no they're not.
Speaker 1: But I'm excited because I get to talk to people every day and people are fucked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh my god, I could have told you that hello.
Speaker 1: But I feel like that's kind of weirdly the best part about it because every other corporate world, if anyone that works as a corporate girlie, it's always those things. You sit in the meetings and they all kind of hold hands and they talk about their you know how they're always going to be inclusive and they any corporate job, they're always going to talk about them like they have their values, and every single time it's all the things that they're terrible at.
Speaker 6: Have you found that when people walk in, because because we're men, that they feel like they can be a bit more like heinous and harsh towards you. I think so, because I've had some horrific things said to me by people, one that they would never Well, one woman asked me for had aids.
Speaker 2: No, how did she know?
Speaker 4: I think her husband might have told her. I don't know, but like you guys, remember when I was.
Speaker 2: She wondered where he got them.
Speaker 6: But you guys, remember when I was full head to toe covered in psoriasis and I had all those like scabs. Basically because I worked in retail public service, older women had no issue in saying what they thought towards me.
Speaker 4: And oh and one woman.
Speaker 2: Looked me for a name.
Speaker 4: She looked like a ruth.
Speaker 2: No, ruth sounds too pleasant. No, it's got to be like Bab. You got to say with the grunt. What did Bab say?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 6: Well, and she bought a handbag and bob Wood fucking and it was the fucking cheapest one, too, classic Bab.
Speaker 4: At least spend a thousand bucks.
Speaker 6: Then you can call me an aids ridden puff like I'm not about anyway. So she walked up so we went up to the counter and Bab gives me her credit card and then as I've packed it up for us, she's looked me in the iron gone, you know, if you've got a sickness, you shouldn't be in the public sector. And I looked at her and went, sorry, like I don't know what you mean. She goes, I know you've got AIDS, so you shouldn't be out in public. Fuck up, Bab, Well, I said, Bab, it's not AIDS, so you don't need to worry about it.
Speaker 3: So Sam, on a scale of one to Bob, what sort of arseholes are you dealing with in your job?
Speaker 1: Well, so far everyone that comes in is actually kind of lovely, so weirdly.
Speaker 4: I've got to get used to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Expected, I've gotten there expecting just the worst of you, and everyone's been nice, and I'm like, well, what can I get any stories out of that?
Speaker 6: Wow, I've been in retail too long, so I fucking hate every single one of them.
Speaker 2: Are you the problem? Oscar?
Speaker 4: I actually think I could be the problem?
Speaker 2: A right, Oscar?
Speaker 4: You got an in gym, I've got a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your turn, let's go off.
Speaker 4: Go Is it just me. Is springtime just fucked.
Speaker 6: Oh my fucking god, it is the worst time of the year. I hate everything about spring, and most importantly, I fucking hate the fact that I get hay fever.
Speaker 1: Oh no, same, I am from the moment I got back in Sydney. I've been here for three weeks and I've been sick from the moment I landed.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if you guys noticed, but we have a congested chicken, yes, and a congested contraceptive diaphram sam in our hands.
Speaker 1: Today we were talking about I'm fine, You're.
Speaker 2: Both stuffed to buggery.
Speaker 3: I've got the fucking Eucalyptus diffuse blasting twenty four even in this room in my penthouse, just so that you guys aren't all stuff.
Speaker 6: Which thank fuck, because like I'm not fluey or cold or any because I've got such a shit immunity that like when I because when I get sick, I get real fucking sick. And so I know it's not of cold, but because of all the fucking wind and the pop.
Speaker 1: Like out of all the things that I could have.
Speaker 4: Been allergic to, it's fucking pollen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not a very convenient allergy.
Speaker 3: It's not like no nuts where you just go all right, I'll avoid nuts exactly.
Speaker 2: You can't avoid the air.
Speaker 4: No, I cannot avoid pollinated air.
Speaker 2: I feel like it might just be you.
Speaker 3: Maybe not just you, but in my circumstance, God, I'm quite glad that spring has sprung, even though I usually love the cold weather.
Speaker 2: You know how you hear a lot about like seasonal depression.
Speaker 3: Yeah, never used to affect me, but God had a miserable, bitter winter.
Speaker 1: Already, I know.
Speaker 3: But I've just noticed a real impact on my mood now that it's spring.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 6: Yeah, look, love the idea of spring, but like some people probably get hate fever for a couple of days, mine goes for the entirety of fucking spring, like saying.
Speaker 3: With my mother, yeah, I'm always like, Mum, are you crying?
Speaker 1: She's like no, is that? And the seasonal depression.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and like the Xytex help a demason helps me as well. And then I do the whenever I come and stay at my chalks, which is usually every weekend because I turn up at five am.
Speaker 2: I'm the chook the context yesh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Mitchell's the chalk for context, and you know we've got the diffuser on twenty five to eight, and it's just like I can't fucking cope.
Speaker 2: Can I just say, you've stayed with me many a spring, I've not seen you like this. You're a miss.
Speaker 1: Thank you? Look at you.
Speaker 2: Look at the sight I have before me an absolute wreck.
Speaker 1: And this is the problem immunity, no good. If there is one thing that retail has done for me community.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, I've got a would have the most fairl of the ferrul you would you coming into prown.
Speaker 4: Angus and coot?
Speaker 6: Yeah, working in retail as well? Where because no, hang on where we don't use that sorry when no fuckhead comes in and you know they come in and they're all sniffling and they go, oh allergies, AM all right? And like thank god when the mask was, when the masks were around and I was working in retail, no hay fever, no nahhing each you on the fly. Can we bring masks back?
Speaker 1: Yes, because just the moment I see more people out and about on a train, I just want I just want masks back. I don't want to wear one myself, I want everyone else.
Speaker 6: I agree, But also like if you're sick as a dog, don't walk into my store to buy a pair of jeans.
Speaker 4: Just fuck up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, go on, aceos your fuck.
Speaker 4: Go online, you dip ship.
Speaker 6: If you know what it is, don't get me to fucking find it for you, so you can fucking sniffle all over me a dog.
Speaker 2: And now look at you, and now look at me.
Speaker 1: I'm sick as a fucking dog.
Speaker 4: Wolf wolf, bitch.
Speaker 3: Why do I choose you as my podcast understudies when both of you can barely talk, which is the actually entry level requirement.
Speaker 2: Mitch and Jenner have fucked off. Both of you are crooked. Why do I bother?
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Got something on your mind? Hit up at a couple of Mitchell's on Instagram to get yourself on the show.
Speaker 3: Yes, you guys know how it works every single Is it just me Monday? We like to check in with our idiots. See what's on your mind today. We're going to Jackson in Brisbane. What's he got to say for himself?
Speaker 1: Jackson, Jackson, give us a whirl.
Speaker 8: Jackson speaking.
Speaker 3: Hi, It's Mitchell Coombs here. I'm here with the Misfits, Oscar and Sam. Are you on speaker or some shit.
Speaker 8: I am put us up to your ear.
Speaker 4: Please do be very much appreciated.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Now, Jackson, what have we inter after you're doing today? Darlin?
Speaker 8: Look, I'm currently working from home.
Speaker 2: With all due respect. You sound naked.
Speaker 8: Oh bye, I am naked.
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 4: It's a been a long day.
Speaker 8: Look, I have to work from twelve to eight thirty tonight.
Speaker 2: Jeez, what do you do?
Speaker 8: I literally am just data entry and I put bookings in all day for a mining company.
Speaker 2: So you sound as enthusiastic about that as you should.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I used to work like in like the villages for this company, and then I was like, I can't do it anymore from home.
Speaker 2: Wait, so were you actually in the mine with them doing data entry?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Pretty much.
Speaker 8: We're like all the accommodation side of things are not actually in the mines. Sadly not not that cool.
Speaker 6: But the mine was in the background. It was a nice pretty view against the mid day, it wasn't it dull?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Now you've got to look out to say a big mouth of rock, didn't you?
Speaker 2: Just like when I stayed it all the arue?
Speaker 4: Beautiful? I love rue, isn't it now?
Speaker 2: Jackson?
Speaker 3: We want to hear you just me. Is it about work? Have you got something to get off your chest?
Speaker 8: It is definitely about work.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, Bradley's ready to go. You let us know when you're ready to go.
Speaker 8: All right, I'm ready when you's up.
Speaker 1: Is it just me.
Speaker 8: Quitting your job? Not longer you started? Should be left round upon?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, You've hit the nail on the head there, Jackson.
Speaker 1: I fucking agree, because.
Speaker 3: People get a bit stressed, don't they. They're like, I can't quit immediately. It's not a good look on the resume.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So climb back to my job that I'm currently at now. But I left to go to another company because they're offering better perk and everything like that. Fair Anyway, I started at the job, I flee from Brisbane to this random place called Clark Creek, which is the middle of nowhere.
Speaker 2: Clark Creek. I'm googling. I want to see this place.
Speaker 4: That sounds like well creaked, that's a bit scared.
Speaker 8: It's wind turbine farm.
Speaker 1: Oh oh what the big spinny white things. Yeah.
Speaker 8: And I was like, well, I was like in the accommodation sile thing at the little camp down below. Oh, girl, and literally in my third day in I said, oh, I got a phone called I got a take and I went to my room, packed up my whole room and message front of my friends who was an hour away, come pick me up.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what was so bad about it?
Speaker 4: Jackson?
Speaker 5: I just don't like it?
Speaker 2: And so did you have to go crawling back to the mine?
Speaker 8: So it's so funny. So I wrung my old boss and I explained to I was like, look, I really hate it. And he started laughing and he said, it's all good. You can come back and stay the night.
Speaker 2: Oh do you know what I did the same thing. I worked at Macas.
Speaker 3: I quit because I thought the grass would be green at IgA and I hated working at IgA. So I went crawling back to maccas and they were like, can you start this weekend? I was like, yes, put me back in the drive through where I belonged.
Speaker 1: Jackson, You go and work for renewable energy for all of three weeks and then you yearned for the mines.
Speaker 2: That's where the money is, isn't it.
Speaker 4: It's all underground.
Speaker 2: It's for context idiots.
Speaker 3: Clark Creek is a nine hour drive north of Brisbane and it's not in the middle of nowhere, but it's certainly nowhere. Good.
Speaker 8: It doesn't it doesn't even have anything. And for the reception, the work, well, one of my big things was you can only have reception with the Wi Fi at the camp and they said to me, oh, sometimes it cuts out and doesn't work for a few days. And I was like, no, I can't.
Speaker 4: Just make anything better.
Speaker 8: If you go down to the paddock where the cows are, you might get some reception. And I was like, no, that's not for me. And because I'm really into roadblocks at the moment.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, a little bit of a game a girl.
Speaker 8: Well, I only played dress to impress.
Speaker 3: I was trying to play that last night. What do I have to unlock on roadblocks to get to that point?
Speaker 8: I don't have to unlock anything. You just need to pay. You need to pay for vin I.
Speaker 2: Don't pay to be they play.
Speaker 4: That Jackson, Jackson, Can you give as a v I pay code?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's like sixteen dollars. How much it's sixteen dollars from the.
Speaker 2: IP a month?
Speaker 8: No, No, just if I can turn it about it, I can just say a sixteen mark.
Speaker 2: Oh, you just pay sixteen once and you're good. Yeah, I can do that. I can do that. No great tip. Sean wanted to play dress through Impress last night. We could not figure it out.
Speaker 3: Thank you for that, Jackson. That's actually more important than anything else you've said.
Speaker 4: I've really fucking learned something.
Speaker 8: Actually, it's surprising who plays Dressed to Impress. Like my partner who's the school principal, absolutely loves playing.
Speaker 2: A school prince.
Speaker 1: Do they verse the kids or like, I don't know.
Speaker 8: Who plays, but he does get pretty competitives and starts yelling at as MyPad.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: See that sounds like me, Jackson.
Speaker 6: I've got to be careful with those competitive games because I get real fucking angry because that I'm like, how.
Speaker 4: Did I not win?
Speaker 6: That was a gorgeous litter sequent and dress and you've given it to some fuad and a fascinated.
Speaker 8: It is a pretty rigged game, and you'll see people say like farming and people join all together because at the end of it, you all vote each other, and people gang up together and all give each other a high point and their outfits are absolutely trash and it angers me.
Speaker 4: Oh that sounds like Survivor.
Speaker 2: Well, I've got all of that to look forward to Jackson. Thanks for your call, Darland.
Speaker 3: Once Price keeping clocks back on, she will send you a type bag as a little thank you for coming on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, thanks you coming, Jack.
Speaker 8: Do it awesome? Thank you.
Speaker 1: I love that chair.
Speaker 3: And if you want to come on with an is it just me of your own at couple of mitches is where you can dms on Instagram or you can send us a text. We do have a phone number, we do. You all know the jingle by now. I'm sure Oscar performs it, yes.
Speaker 2: Play it every week. Seeing as you're here, you may.
Speaker 3: As well do an acoustic version. Oh yeah, better actually not acoustic, a live version. And Sam wants to bring out the bean ja.
Speaker 6: I don't know, Sam v clarly ready to go to I do actually just don't get it out.
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Are you going to do the jingle live? Because I did bring the karaoke version?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I better do. I better do my MTV unplugged version four.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, if you want to send us a text, idiots, you can send us a text on this number.
Speaker 4: Double two nine four. It's a version.
Speaker 10: O two to nine to zero two oh for two to nine pay to zero.
Speaker 2: Two comes the key change.
Speaker 10: Oh far to nine floray to zero two.
Speaker 1: For to night you come to do.
Speaker 3: High favor and a yeah, gorgeous, hey favor. Hardly know I can still sing. Try and stop me al he's actually got the tissues out. Oh god, fuck me, we better.
Speaker 2: Go with you.
Speaker 6: I'm so sorry, idiots, I'm just I'm not a well chalked but I'm still fucking here.
Speaker 1: That's alright. I'm gonna make you some soup and get your down a bit. Thanks.
Speaker 3: We will be back on Wednesday, of course. Yeah, one week only. Mitchell and the Misfits once Cheery and Jenna finished their little gallivant around the fucking country whatever they're doing.
Speaker 4: Hey, nice galvan away. I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening against.
Speaker 1: Is It Just Me podcast by a couple of mitches. Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast out.
Speaker 3: Welcome to add brief our secret segment on the end, we pretend the show is done. We keep talking.
Speaker 2: See what is there? Sam? I kept it a secret till the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're forgetting that. I don't care.
Speaker 2: No, that's not lost on me. Trust me. That is clear as day to me.
Speaker 3: Darling, You're lucky to be invited back after the absolute abomination leaking company secrets.
Speaker 2: I would never leak secrets about your workplace. Wallace, Bishop.
Speaker 1: Wallace, I have not heard that in decades. What is Wallace doing these days?
Speaker 2: Is it actually his full name Wallace, Jeremy Bishop or something?
Speaker 1: Do you reckon it was a guy? It has to be a guy.
Speaker 2: Have you met a woman named Wallace?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Should we check in with no offense my ogs?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, we better Jenner Benson and Mitchell something can't remember his name. We'll see what they're up to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, go on.
Speaker 2: I know for a fact that I.
Speaker 1: Got to check in with my with our Jenna, like miss down a misfait, Shut up, don't rub it in.
Speaker 3: I know I'm not one of you. I know for the fact that Jenna is spending a bit of time in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: God, why cheery.
Speaker 3: Fucking God knows I put any money on the fact that he's at a relative's birthday or something, a christening, an anniversary something.
Speaker 2: She would Let's go Jenna first.
Speaker 4: Oh good, our Jenna will pick up surely, Jesus.
Speaker 2: Oh she's understand.
Speaker 1: Oh what's a bedtime?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Famously she does go to bed at five o'clock.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, she's just fully not got a phone on.
Speaker 4: She's not out of credit, her Dodo didn't come through.
Speaker 2: Hang on, let's try.
Speaker 1: Cheery, let's try right. Pick up clean.
Speaker 2: Ten bucks says is at a family event.
Speaker 1: Twenty that it's someone's half birthday. Hello, Hello, you're on the Is It just Me?
Speaker 2: Podcast?
Speaker 1: Have you heard of it?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 1: I have heard of it?
Speaker 5: Is Mitch Jerry there, No.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 5: Actually, I'm not interested.
Speaker 2: What are you up to right now?
Speaker 5: I quite literally just said goodbye to the family. It's a family dinner. It's my sister Becky's birthday.
Speaker 2: I said, is it a family fucking birthday or something?
Speaker 5: Becky's birthday?
Speaker 1: Detective Becky, thank you for your seven.
Speaker 6: I did raise the stakes to you because I said, twenty bucks. It's a family's half birthday, So I don't know if who won that one.
Speaker 1: To be honest, close, No, it's close.
Speaker 5: It was Auntie Christ's birthday to it's my birthday next week, so we all kind of come to it. We did one of those birthday songs where you go happy birthday to Becky, Christine and Mitch.
Speaker 1: Like we all got.
Speaker 5: Yes, it pisses me off. I hate it because Becky and Chris seena the same week. But I'm like ten days after. I don't think I should be packed on the end.
Speaker 3: Of the yeahs would miss an opportunity to throw a separate birthday gathering.
Speaker 2: You'll get one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, you'll get one, Darling, thank you.
Speaker 5: And I hope. So who is there, Jenner?
Speaker 6: Are you?
Speaker 5: Have you started taking testosterone?
Speaker 1: You I've just got a heavy cold. It's you know, I'm allergic to cats. It turns out is that by contraceptive diaphragm.
Speaker 5: Hell Darling, Oh my god, Sam, this is funny boys having you boys having a good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the best time I've ever had on this podcast.
Speaker 5: Very funny. Okay, all right, well do.
Speaker 2: You know it's weird? Mitch. I'm now a misfit.
Speaker 5: No, you're not.
Speaker 1: That's why I am.
Speaker 2: I am, and so with jen I. So you're the only one that is in a misfit. So you've actually been excluded in a way. You're out numbers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank god, thank god.
Speaker 6: We've indicted Mitchell Kansas misfits. So it's miss fit Mitchell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's all right.
Speaker 5: Well, but I mean that's fine. Technically we employed the miss fitz Mitchell, so i'm you send your pace it to me and I'll approve if.
Speaker 1: You need.
Speaker 2: Pay slip.
Speaker 4: When do we get those?
Speaker 1: Is the corporate travel still in that because there's something outstanding from last time?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we went through your phone bill and there's there's a couple of shady calls and you've used the company cards for.
Speaker 3: Now. I don't think that I've forgotten your birthday. Next week, big things planned, don't worry.
Speaker 5: Oh, I can't wait. No, I'm excited. I'm very I'm excited. Yeah, next week.
Speaker 2: I would never forget.
Speaker 1: Never.
Speaker 5: Now what what? What's happening on the show? Is that boring that you had to call me? What's happened?
Speaker 3: It wasn't that boring. I just thought I would check in and see what you're up to. But after this sort of fucking at you know what? Sorry tunnel. By the way, I don't have big things planned. What should I do for his birth sh Well.
Speaker 6: We'll be competing with the family. They're going to throw a big do cash is going to come out of a hate No.
Speaker 3: But the problem I have is that cheery buys expensive shit, and like if he wants it, he'll just get it. Like he's all into the fashion. He'll just buy one four hundred dollar broach where at once and he's.
Speaker 1: Done with it.
Speaker 6: He does have a good, extensive collection of Ntella VERSACEI yes, he's got the Louise Bouton roll on, Yeah he does. Yeah, yeah, it's it's quite nice, Dolce and Gabon.
Speaker 2: What do I do for his birthday?
Speaker 1: I mean I could use my discounted Wallace and Grommet and maybe, right.
Speaker 4: Okay, should we does that make me the way rabbit?
Speaker 2: Should we try Jenner again? Yeah, let's try Jenna come on, ten Bucks says that she's not going to answer.
Speaker 5: There we go.
Speaker 3: I'm cleaning up this episode. He was at a relative's birthday. I told you he was on a relative's birthday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and Jenna's dead like she loved just hanging Sam. I don't know how I feel about that. We're gonna have to have a Misfits meeting and we're going to have to.
Speaker 3: The group chat that I'm not in. Yeah, well I expect to be added now. Actually better one queen, miss fit?
Speaker 1: Do we have to Yeah? No? No, okay, yeah, no, no, we'll wait to No, we'll make a whole new one. That's fine.
Speaker 2: Why did you say about me in the existing one?
Speaker 1: Of course, of course absolutely, I didn't even think of that.
Speaker 2: Why did you actually? No, of course not so I don't mind if you did. I don't want to read it.
Speaker 1: But did you I don't think we did, But now I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: It was all Jenna.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's why she said those forty eight messages, just ranting that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she just talks too much, evidently.
Speaker 6: I don't think the only thing I can think of, the only thing I can think of is when you said, oh, Mitch wants to do this, and I said, oh, like like when you were going to come on for the fourth ape and I couldn't do it. I've got bumpy because I had like sixteen fucking doctors appointments, because I'm an unwell woman with the.
Speaker 2: Staining of you.
Speaker 1: I mean, I was. I think I think all I said was nah, fucking because I've got to come all the way from Bellingen, which is not which is.
Speaker 10: Not that far.
Speaker 4: No, it's not far.
Speaker 2: Did you say nah fuck him about me? I think?
Speaker 1: So let me go through the messages.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, no, there we go the quote now fuck him? There it is.
Speaker 2: Well, well, we hope this podcast make better today idiots. That's all just two percent.
Speaker 1: Do you feel honored to be mister Mitchell?
Speaker 2: You're honest as it is. You should know the response.
Speaker 3: Holy shit, Sam, we hope this podcast made you feel at least two percent better today.
Speaker 2: That's all just two percent, and so we do with less attitude next time.
Speaker 1: You know what we're going to say, Yes, don't you feel honored to be miss fit Mitchell? Yes?
Speaker 3: I do you know?
Speaker 2: It's Mitchell in the Misfits. So I was quite clear.
Speaker 1: It was one of those rare things where there's bin offs better than the original.
Speaker 2: What's this It's act is so much to keep up with? What's the spinoff?
Speaker 6: Well, I was gonna say, this is the spinoff of the spinoff? Oh yeah, this is this is this is Mandy and George's first wedding as opposed to Young Sheldon.
Speaker 1: Again with the shows, what are you watching? What is your tv Q?
Speaker 3: I couldn't tell you this is like, No, that's too nache never mom. I was gonna say, it's like when packed to the rafters went to ship. So they're like, bring back Nathan. We need one rafter on Nathan.
Speaker 4: I mean, you say it's Nige.
Speaker 3: I got it, yeah right, because they were like, all the rafters are gone. We need to bring at least one back, even if it's the worst one. Bring back one, Mitch, just one, just the one for consistency.
Speaker 4: It just happens to be the worst one.
Speaker 1: Not just checking.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 3: We will be back on Wednesday, because unlike you ship misfits, we're doing two episodes a week.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're doing double the work, Sammy.
Speaker 3: Now we'll be back on Wednesday, and then Mitch and Jenner will be back on Monday's episode next week and it will be cheer birthday. Fuck knows what I'm going to do for it. Any in suggestions, ideas, please let me know.
Speaker 2: Not in the group, because he'll see it.
Speaker 4: No, he'll say it.
Speaker 2: Just let me know.
Speaker 1: We'll just get like a bargain on Facebook marketplace where he's got to argue to win it. He'll love it.
Speaker 2: I was just tell him that I barred it, and he'll respect that. He'll respect the hustle.
Speaker 1: He actually, oh, he would respect the muscle.
Speaker 2: On ye, you've got to haggle we've got a haggle.
Speaker 4: That's what they all do.
Speaker 2: I don't respect if it don't. Let's not start this.
Speaker 4: I was going to say the same before DAT catch you.
Speaker 2: Then it is?
Speaker 1: Is it just me? A podcast by a couple of Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app.