Speaker 1: Monday, I have I won the pick up. Britt Laura and Mitch head into Chemistlare House today. Great savings every day. How are we all feeling after that bombshell episode of Married at First Sight last night?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: It has been wild.
Speaker 4: I am still I'm very surprised about the whole allowing people to go home without actually choosing to leave, you know, like, you know, they had that rule where unless both people have said leave, if one person says stay, you're stuck forever.
Speaker 5: They broke the rule last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Josh and Melissa had a real interesting lounge session. Is that what they call them lounge sessions?
Speaker 5: We can call it a lounge Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was rough. They both left, first time in maths history to both be allowed to leave, and they're gone. They're out of the competition. Josh actually joins us. Now we had to go straight to the source. Josh. See, hi buddy, welcome to the pickup.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Mitch, it's nice to meet You're nice peing you too, Brittain Laura.
Speaker 6: Hi, Josh, Hey, Josh, look what a huge night.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine how you're feeling. But how do you feel that.
Speaker 6: You were the first person in math's history that the experts let go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I don't feel like Lebron smashing the points scoring record. But it was a difficult episode to watch. It was. It was also difficult to live as well.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 4: Melissa spoke to Carlin Jackie O this morning and we heard her say this, and.
Speaker 3: I took sex off the table. I was like, right, I want to get to know this guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's just seeing me as this only this sex siren, and there's more elements to me.
Speaker 5: There was no kissing. It wasn't it was no interesting.
Speaker 3: It was just a very transaction the prostitute.
Speaker 5: Right, So that's what it meant. It was it was no passion, it was and I knew that Josh had clicked off.
Speaker 4: How does it make you feel when you hear that? And also is that what happened? Was there no kissing at all during intimacy Week?
Speaker 2: That's inaccurate. There was physical intimacy during during Intimacy Week, there was other forms of intimacy. So that that's a complete mischaracterization and representation of what the week was like. But that's that's her choice. That's not who I am. I don't really want to talk down to any of that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Josh, the part that I found really interesting was that you said that she limited your tea, your books, and your intimacy, which kind of sounds like what Laura does with her kids. Like it kind of felt like she was no books, no iPad, and no chicken nuggets.
Speaker 5: Like you tail up off the ground and tell up off the ground, and.
Speaker 1: That's to Matt, not even the kids. Did you feel like maybe you felt she was treating you less of a man and more like a child.
Speaker 2: It was I mean, as I said on the counts, it was about the forms of control, right, because if you look at those things in isolation, they're kind of you know, like maybe they're understandable, but when you lay them over the top. That was the point that I was trying to make that I wasn't able to connect with the outside world, whether it be through my TV, through my phone or reading books. It was it was difficult.
Speaker 5: Do you do you think, and I think this is a big one.
Speaker 4: Everyone always comes off these shows and says, oh, I've got a bad edit.
Speaker 5: That's not who I really am.
Speaker 1: Blame it on the edit every time.
Speaker 4: Do you think the editor of Melissa has been fair or would you say, look, it's been unfairly harsh.
Speaker 2: I probably break that, probably break that down two ways. I think that people are being very unfair to Smell in general. I think that she's copying a lot of bullying online, which I don't agree with, and I hope people do stop that that just continuates to perpetuate a cycle. That's the first thing. The second thing that i'd say is that one thing I've always maintained throughout the experiment, and not just just Melsia, but everyone, is that if you give them the content of the way that you act and the things that you say, you can't really complain about the edit because it's not like it's computer generated, Like they don't insert the words that you say or make you say the things you've actually said them. So I don't think that when that comes back to you you should be surprised because you did say those things.
Speaker 4: So reading between the lines, I think we're getting that the edit is fair. And the other thing I wanted to ask, and it's because I mean it was mentioned to this morning on radio, but also I've seen it in the news.
Speaker 5: Aren't you in a relationship with Lyndall? Now?
Speaker 2: No, Lyndall and I are just friends. We're just friends. There is nothing going on there at all.
Speaker 5: So what do you think?
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 3: Because it's all it's you know, watch this space. The evidence is coming out. They're going to be showing that they're together. What do you think they're talking about.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what that evidence is. I mean, as I mentioned it the reunion, and you know I mentioned it since when I came off the experiment, I worked very hard on myself to try to understand what it was that I had gone through and when I was kind of getting out of it and how I could improve myself. And then when I came off sorry, and then when I would come off the experiment, I kind of reach out to them and just say, look, this is this is how I felt. If you feel this way, then you know, I just know that you're not alive. And so that was I mean, I reached out to everyone like that.
Speaker 6: H it's I feel like you've left and you've got a lot of love, like you have a lot of support, and it would have been it was hard to watch, so it would have been really hard to watch back.
Speaker 3: Do you think now living through it rewatching it. Do you think you would go back and do it again?
Speaker 2: I did. I asked that by friends and family. I don't know. I think probably if I did go back again, I'd probably be more, probably more assertive about the type of person that maybe that I wanted to be with. I mean, during the application process, I was pretty I was pretty open about, you know, like the type of person that I would you know, I could kind of see myself spending the rest of my life with. And yeah, I probably think i'd I'd do that probably more definitively the next time if I.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'd feel like I want to be able to watch TV.
Speaker 1: I want to how to I've got a kindle, and I needed to be charged at all times. But I'm going to address the elephant in the room here, Like you did sign up for a TV show. So I'd think to myself, if I said I want someone who isn't hyper sexual or doesn't put as much importance on that in the same way that I do, They're going to match you up with someone who is the complete opposite, because that's what a TV show does. They want the ratings. Yeah, I mean, and I'm not blaming you, Josh but I'm just saying, surely you knew there'd be a certain element of they're going to flip this back on me to get ratings.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, Well, there's two points i'd say to them. It's the first thing is that I am also a sexual person. That's just as I said on the show. That is a private matter between my wife and I, and that's what I was trying to explain there. But the second point that I say is that I understand that mass has its own reputation and with an audience of it either being negative or positive, that I can still come into the experiment and try to be myself and genuine to myself. I shouldn't have to change just because there's a camera pointing at me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good call. You know what I found interesting as well, when you were sitting there and you made your points, all the boys sitting behind you on the benches, the benchwarmers were all clapping and they were on your team, which made me think, I don't know, does Melissa not have the best reputation with the rest of the cast, because they all seemed to be very much team Josh.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure I think that they were responding to what they were hearing at the moment. I mean, there's one thing that you haven't seen from as an audience. But the girls were also supportive of me as well. They did really nice. No.
Speaker 5: I saw that last night.
Speaker 4: I thought I thought it was very very one sided. I thought everyone that was in that roomo's team Josh. But it was still very hard to watch, you know, seeing you be so upset, seeing how it had all unfolded, it was a difficult, difficult one to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Britt, Laura and I have decided we're all going to pitch it and we're going to buy you any book you want. Well, I'll put in five dollars and we'll buy you anything. What do you I'll give him a book, it's a relationship book, to send it to Josh. Josh will put it in the mail. It was great to watch you on our tellies and listen. Apparently you're going to be back with Lindall. I know you don't confirm, but we might see you.
Speaker 5: Good luck with your dating whatever that means.
Speaker 3: Good luck, Josh.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I really appreciate that. I was lovely talking to you, and I hope you have a lovely day.